User Reviews for Fluticasone nasal to treat Rhinitis

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Xhance, Flonase Sensimist Ticanase

Fluticasone nasal Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Rhinitis.

Reviews for Fluticasone nasal

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone): “TAKE FLONASE NASAL SPRAY AT YOUR OWN PERIL! After having used it for two days, I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe. For almost a minute I was unable to get any air into my lungs. My throat/windpipe was totally constricted. It was the scariest moment of my life. Then gradually I was able to inhale just a little bit of air. Never again will I touch this stuff.”

John · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone): “Flonase does nothing for my vasomotor rhinitis. After taking it for 2 weeks I felt chronic fatigue for several months. I tried it again, had the same problem. Drugs aren't always the answer, there must be a better solution... I grow tired of my ailment after 7 years of it.”

Mick · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

“I do not like this fluticasone nasal spray at all. The first time I used this at 5pm, I began to feel dizzy and nauseous, this was gone the next morning. Day 2 , I used it at 5pm, approx 30 minutes after my dose, I started feeling light headed and a strange rushing feeling inside my body. I also had nerve twitches on my left cheek. Today, day 3, the rushing feeling was subsiding until about 30 minutes after I used it again at 5pm. It's awful! I'm never using this again especially seeing my nasal congestion has not improved at all.”

Cookie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone): “Works over extended period of time with regular usage, but is incredibly over priced. Total rip off. $20.00 for a non over the counter med”

Stopped up · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone): “Flonase will not dispense. You have to VERY vigorusly shake the container. The one in 20 times it will dispense does offer some relief. It is very difficult to use flonase.”

Okay45 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone): “Took a week to fully unplug my nose. After a month of use with 1x a day of one spray per nostril, I lost my sense of smell. I am now on day 3 of not taking it, feel pretty tired, not feeling well. Hoping those feelings will pass and I get my sense of smell back. Currently my nose is still unplugged. If it weren’t for the smell thing, I’d give this a perfect 10 for clearing a stuffed up nose.”

steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone): “Expensive. This is my second try for my blocked ears and nose . The Sensimist bottle never quite empties and the spray hose does not reach to the bottom. Thus, you are unable to use the costly liquid spray that you paid for.”

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone): “Flonase is absolute trash and did nothing to unstop my nose. I had to go back to the store and buy the generic Kroger brand and that was the only thing that gave me some relief. Flonase did not decongest either side of my nostril at any time and it was a horrible waste of money”

RinaRivers · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone): “Flonase is NOT for treating allergies, it's for treating the inflammation in your nose caused by allergies, so I'm confused as to why people think it'll get rid of itchy/watery eyes and other symptoms. Confusing advertisement I guess. For nasal treatment it works just fine. As a nasal corticosteroid it can be used to treat nasal polyps over a period of time- which often happens with chronic infections/bad allergies. For that function it works well. I haven't had an issue with it. I'm usually able to breathe through my nose again within 15-20 minutes after application. Guess we'll see how it works over the long run.”

luckylady · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone): “I used Flonase for several months. It seemed to be working well. Then I started to get nosebleeds. Then I was told by medical personnel that the flonase can thin the mucous membranes inside the nose. So, I'll never use this again.”

Pat June 21, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone): “Literally from using 200 tissues a day to 0 tissues a day within 24 hours. Best allergy med I’d ever used.”

Anna · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2018

“I have been taking this medication on and off for many years. I had a weird aversion to taking it. I got side effects on a single dose and when I noticed I had almost all of the side effect symptoms... shortness of breath, bruising, bad mood, lethargy, swollen eyes, and hive like bumps.. like eczema. This is what made me realize that in smaller doses.. is what gave me these side effects in such a small amount that I wrote them off as just something wrong with me. I never read the side effect sheet or contraindications my whole life.”

nyzki March 30, 2018

Flonase Sensimist (fluticasone): “I suffer from COPD, which also involves a constantly runny nose. I also suffer from seasonal allergies which make things worse with the sneezing & watering eyes. I have tried various allergy medicines in pill form. Only to have unwanted side affects even in the non drowsy form. My pulmonologist made a suggestion of trying a nasal spray. So I purchased some Flonase and after reading the information on its use, I tried it. OH BOY What a difference, my nose is not running breathing is clear and free. I am a very happy person , who is not suffering anymore. This a great product and one that I will be using from now on. I can now enjoy the Spring without the allergies.”

Pete · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone): “Within 2 hours of my 2nd dose of Flonase, I experienced difficulty breathing, and had crusting around the openings of my nose. I also had a feeling of extreme restlessness, much like I would imagine restless leg persons are afflicted with. The next morning I was SOB with minimal exertion, and experienced a worsening sore throat and pharyngitis, with difficulty speaking above a whisper.”

JoBear · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone): “Flonase has changed my life!! Before using this I was blowing my nose at least 20 times a day and sneezing about a dozen times. I would wake up in the morning and my nose would be so plugged I would stand in the bathroom and blow my nose for five straight minutes to get relief. After only 2 weeks on this I now maybe blow my nose twice and day and have maybe sneezed twice total. The only thing it hasn't helped with much are dry eyes. I would highly recommend at least trying this to see if it works it has been wonderful for me!”

sahin · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 27, 2018

“found it very effective if used on a regular basis”

stefn February 22, 2018

“I've been suffering from seasonal allergies for about 42 years now and this is the only product that really works for me. Up until a few years ago I thought antihistamine tablets, taken early in the morning where the only way to go but after trying this, it is clear that this is far a superior drug.”

Nickname????? · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 15, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone): “I used to use tons of OTC nasal sprays to then point of addiction really. I had to stop, but both nostrils would clog completely shut without it, I have also severe nasal allergic reaction and swollen air passages/asthma. My Dr gives me Flonase by Rx. Within a couple weeks my nose cleared, both nostrils stopped swelling, no more nasal allergy and this has been a miracle med for me! I never needed Afrin or anything again. My sense of smell is still low, but I can smell now!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2017

“This product caused facial skin to peel and a red condition around the nostrils and eyebrows. My Dermatologist originally diagnosed this skin problem as a fungal condition. He was not aware I am taking fluticacasone propionate. Read the side effects.”

Audiowombat June 17, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone): “Works well for me with regular use.”

Bjbarn · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone): “Flonase is the only medication that effectively treats my allergies the best I have tried other medications and when my allergies are at their Peak at their worst I get terribly sick with a sinus infection upper respiratory bronchitis I get a lot of problems but with Flonase it clears all that right up and keeps me from getting sick”

Feel great December 27, 2016

“After 5 days I feel good. Thought I was going downhill. Never knew allergies could effect your well being like that. Thank you. I feel great again at 70 years old.”

CourtneyLK · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2016

“For 3 years I've had a congested nose. I know I'm allergic to pollen, hay fever is pretty bad in the spring and summer but it settles down in the winter. Due to work I had to move to southern Arizona which made my allergies worse. My nose became so congested I would mouth breathe at night and wake up with a dry raw throat and tongue. Saline sprays blocked me up even more, antihistamines did nothing, I got rebound congestion from medicated nasal sprays. My nose bled from all the tissues and sprays I was using. Was put on Fluticasone and within 2 days I breathe relatively clear and can sleep at night again. Nose is not 100% cleared but I don't have to blow it anymore and the sneezing has stopped. It smells flowery which is pleasant.”

Dayna R October 26, 2016

Flonase (fluticasone): “I had a cold that triggered some bad allergies. Constant sneezing, runny nose, one side of my nose constantly clogged, that awful itchy feeling in my nose that wouldn't go away. After my first dose of Flonase I didn't sneeze even once for the rest of the day! I am so pleased with the results. I'm on day 2 and have not had any noticeable side effects. In regards to another review that said that the 60 dose doesn't give you the full amount due to the "priming" sprays- in the little booklet that comes it, it says that they account for priming sprays in the dosage. So you aren't wasting any product by properly priming it.”

449238 September 19, 2016

“I was out on fluticasone for a severe cold with ear infection and thick head congestion that was quite persistent. The doctor felt giving it a go might get the nasal passages open a bit to help with sinus pressure and fluid behind my eardrum. After 10 days on it, my symptoms worsened, severe sore throat, white patches on my throat, bleeding nose, and tracheal spasms that put me into coughing fits so bad, I'd throw up and feel as though I would pass out from lack of air. I chose to stop it 3 days ago. After 2 days, my throat pain improved and i felt more myself. Day 3, the tracheal spasms, so far, seem to have ended. while the medicine helped with congestion overall, the side effects were too much for me and I couldn't continue”

Learn more about Rhinitis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)