User Reviews for Mometasone topical

Dermatitis 6.5
Summary of Mometasone topical reviews 8.9 71 reviews

Reviews for Mometasone topical

Teal September 23, 2020

For Eczema: “I found the medication to work better than most I have tried. It cleared my skin up”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more September 7, 2020

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “I’ve been using Elocon for years on my face! Every time I stop using it I breakout in a rash! I’m noticing now little small red veins in my face! PLEASE DON’T USE THIS IN YOUR FACE”

Cocochanel · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 17, 2020

For Eczema: “I’ve used mometasone for about 7-8 years and it has helped my skin tremendously. I’ve had moderate to severe eczema since the age of 6. I’ve tried all types of different creams and medicines to help heal and keep my skin under control. This medicine by far is the best! It comes as a cream & an ointment, it doesn’t sting or leave a strong odor, however, the cream does leave a bit of a trace especially when applied to dry skin. I use dove sensitive skin body wash, either aveeno skin relief moisturizing lotion and mometasone and my skin is generally pretty clear. I would definitely recommend a try!”

Rosie lop June 6, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I just wanna to say that in my experience after 4 years of itching and pain in my ears I finally found the cure..thank you Lord for this medication.”

Drew · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 26, 2019

For Psoriasis: “this cream mometasone cleans genital psoriasis really well, but may come back after a while.”

Emily · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2019

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “It took me 3 years to find the right cream to actually make it go away as Aveeno doesn't work for me but Elocon covers everything”

Emmam · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2019

“This is excellent for acne! Absolutely amazing!”

Eloise · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “Literally at the end of my tether with scalp eczema. Was prescribed Elocon scalp lotion by my my dermatologist. After one day, scalp so much better; itching has gone, weeping and stickiness has gone. Have used the Elocon ointment on eczema on my body and found this to be equally effective. Excellent results”

Peter · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

Elocon (mometasone) for Psoriasis: “Elocon ointment has worked better and faster than any other ointment that has ever been prescribed for treatment of my psoriasis.”

EWIRMAN · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2019

For Dermatitis: “This site provided me the information I was looking for, in the first sentence. I had to look hard for the place to review.”

Ty · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 6, 2019

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “Do not use this stuff. For short term use it is amazing. But if you find yourself using it for more then a month, STOP immediately. This cream suppresses your bodies natural ability to fight inflammation. Resulting in extreme withdrawal symptoms otherwise know as Red Skin Syndrome or Topical Steroid Withdrawal. I have been through hell because of this cream, doctors hand it out as if its a solution for your skin problems when in reality it is destroying your skin. I beg of you, get off this cream while you still have the chance.”

Court · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2019

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “I have severe eczema in my ears. I would scratch and use q-tips and would keep scratching. Skin would flake off and it was awful. My dermatologist told me to use cortisone creams and I tried that for 2 years and nothing helped. I thought my ears were clogged with wax so I went to my ENT and she said there was no wax, just severe eczema so she prescribed me Elocon. I used it 1 time per day for 3 days and now twice a week. With in an hour after the first application I felt relief and after day 3, it was completely clear. Miracle drug!”

Mona · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

For Dermatitis: “I went to Dermatologist a year ago for dry patches around my mouth and he gave me prescription for Mometasone ointment to apply for 2 weeks. I did as he told me and the patches were gone for few weeks. But after 1-2 month, the same area started getting dry and itchy. I used moisturizers but nothing seemed to work. It started getting red, itchy and burning. I did online research for few months and found out that I was having topical steroid withdrawal. Before using the topical steroids, I was able to cover the dry patches with vaseline or moisturizers but now it does not go away whatever I do. The area around my mouth is red, itchy and burning. I just want to warn all the people. Do not use topical steroid on face because the skin on face, especially around mouth is very sensitive. The facial skin will get worse, red and itchy and you will have to deal with it for more than a year to get the normal skin back!!”

Juliet · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “Have been prescribed this cream by a private dermatologist just this week. He described my eczema as ‘severe’. He changed my cream to Elocon and I can’t believe the difference in my skin after only 2 days of applying once daily. I have used so many creams and ointments in the past. Am over the moon that I’ve discovered this!!”

G · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 24, 2018

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “Had eczema my whole life, I am 34 now. Elocon really is good stuff, calms flare ups an within a few days it’s gone!! Must be used as little as possible, on well moisturised skin, helps the ointment spread more easily. Healthy food helps internally, rarely get it that much anymore!”

Jenn · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2018

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “My son saw a dermotoligist for 3 years and nothing helped. His pediatrician prescribed elocon and 3 days later his skin looked 100% better.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2018

For Eczema: “Awsome cream within minutes the itching was gone.”

Me · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: “Horrible horrible. ..I got this thick nasty cream as a replacement for Prvex B. Broke thru the tube every time. Too thick and did not help...garbage. just rubbish”

Cheddock November 26, 2017

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “This cream caused red skin syndrome. It ruined my life as I had to go through the most horrendous drug withdrawal just to get off it. 31 months off it and still not normal. Look up topical steroid addiction and withdrawal before deciding whether you want to risk 3 years plus of your life. Awful”

Ali234234234234234 November 2, 2017

For Eczema: “Using mometasone steroid cream once a day after showering before I went to bed was the best solution to my eczema every time it got bad. I used to always struggle with eczema and hydrocortisone never worked! If you are in a similar scenario, this one is a stronger steriod”

melv1216 October 9, 2017

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “literally the only thing that has worked to help my Eczema! I was told by the doctor to apply out of shower then put lotion( I use Eucerin smoothing its not to sticky and leaves ur skin soft) since the Elocon can dry out skin. Works like a charm only down side is if you use for to long can cause thin skin and stretch marks so be careful.”

Childhood eczema · Taken for 10 years or more October 3, 2017

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “I have had eczema all my life. I use elocon and find it better than hydrocortisone but find that the former darkens my skin and should only be used as for short periods of time. The best thing I ever did for my eczema was have an allergy test done and reduce my diary and wheat intake. My atopic eczema cleared up in a week. You have to treat the inside of your body too.”

BritishBigboy September 15, 2017

For Eczema: “Was prescribed this ointment by my GP after I suffered several bald spots on my scalp. I have no idea why they appeared as was not under stress at the time. After about a week of using Elocon the hair started to grow back, the only thing being that it grew white. I have brown hair. After about 6-8 weeks the hair grew through with my natural colour. Couldn't be more pleased. Thought I may have to shave the lot off, but 6 years on, still no reoccurrence but kept a tube just incase.”

Mazummo September 10, 2017

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: “I tried all the creams the doctors could give us for my little boy and only Elocon has worked he is a very happy boy gone from itching bleeding crying in pain as a baby to a normal happy school boy.”

MadAnimalLover · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2017

For Eczema: “I used this for a two weeks for a rash on my face (cheeks and nose). When using I found that it was brilliant and my rash disappeared quickly. However, the day after I stopped using it my rash had already come back.”