User Reviews for Mometasone

Also known as: Elocon

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Mometasone.

Atopic Dermatitis

Dermatitis
7.8

Summary of Mometasone reviews 9.0 55 reviews

Reviews for Mometasone

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "This cream caused red skin syndrome. It ruined my life as I had to go through the most horrendous drug withdrawal just to get off it. 31 months off it and still not normal. Look up topical steroid addiction and withdrawal before deciding whether you want to risk 3 years plus of your life. Awful"

Cheddock November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "Using mometasone steroid cream once a day after showering before I went to bed was the best solution to my eczema every time it got bad. I used to always struggle with eczema and hydrocortisone never worked! If you are in a similar scenario, this one is a stronger steriod"

Ali234234234234234 November 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "literally the only thing that has worked to help my Eczema! I was told by the doctor to apply out of shower then put lotion( I use Eucerin smoothing its not to sticky and leaves ur skin soft) since the Elocon can dry out skin. Works like a charm only down side is if you use for to long can cause thin skin and stretch marks so be careful."

melv1216 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I have had eczema all my life. I use elocon and find it better than hydrocortisone but find that the former darkens my skin and should only be used as for short periods of time. The best thing I ever did for my eczema was have an allergy test done and reduce my diary and wheat intake. My atopic eczema cleared up in a week. You have to treat the inside of your body too."

Childhood eczema (taken for 10 years or more) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "Was prescribed this ointment by my GP after I suffered several bald spots on my scalp. I have no idea why they appeared as was not under stress at the time. After about a week of using Elocon the hair started to grow back, the only thing being that it grew white. I have brown hair. After about 6-8 weeks the hair grew through with my natural colour. Couldn't be more pleased. Thought I may have to shave the lot off, but 6 years on, still no reoccurrence but kept a tube just incase."

BritishBigboy September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I tried all the creams the doctors could give us for my little boy and only Elocon has worked he is a very happy boy gone from itching bleeding crying in pain as a baby to a normal happy school boy."

Mazummo September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "I used this for a two weeks for a rash on my face (cheeks and nose). When using I found that it was brilliant and my rash disappeared quickly. However, the day after I stopped using it my rash had already come back."

MadAnimalLover (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "I am first time using it for itchy skin rashes"

Dhaliwal (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I've had eczema ALL my life and I was starting to think nothing's working from Hydrocortisone creams all the way to natural aloe Vera but my new doctor prescribed this and I've never looked better! The flare ups are under control and my skin is almost clear"

Minnie099 March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I've had awful eczema for as long as I can remember, which has been completely debilitating when at it's worst. When I was referred to the dermatologist I was given everything under the sun to try and combat the worsening skin condition. Finally, after months I was given elocon and now I can't go a day without it, absolute skin MIRACLE. Please ask for this cream first when seeing a doctor, after hunting for something like this for years I couldn't imagine my life without the stuff!!"

sophieggeorge February 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I have been using the Elocon lotion everytime when eczema was there, it cured. Just speechless and I'm thankful I got the Elocon lotion for the first time when I suffered eczema since I have tried everything out there and done a lot of researches, but it seems Elocon did the job impressively well. Got my life back. Ps. #1 cure Elocon"

ThankYouElocon February 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "This medication is the bomb! its like crack for eczema. I have tried other remedies as well and nothing else comes close. I am african-american with a caramel colored complexion. I started having flare ups on my hands really bad to the point where my hands are almost black and rough like dinosaur skin. I was scratching until they bleed. My hand even swelled up. It started to really affect my self esteem. Words cant even describe how happy I am that I got my hands on this stuff again. I am in love with it!"

Miss Tia December 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Dermatitis: "I have used Elocon for several years for frequent contact dermatitis on my hands, between my fingers and under rings, behind my knees, and for poison ivy or sumac. It relieves itching and redness very quickly and you only need a very small amount - apply sparingly. Episodes are over in about three days in my experience. I keep in in the house at all times when flare-ups occur."

Mrs. P. C. (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I used elocon cream for several weeks to clear my sides of nose(pigmentation),and it get cured 90%.but I got some pimples on my nose after using this cream,and now there are pimple marks on my nose."

vidura 11 October 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Psoriasis: "I have had Seborrheic Dermatitis since I was 15 years old. I am now 38 and thanks to Elocon Scalp Lotion I have everything under control. I apply the lotion to my hairline and rub it in once a week...within 2 days for some reason the redness in my face dissapears, feels supple and I pretty much am able to forget about my condition. I also wash my face every evening with SBR Lipo Cream as a moisturiser."

S Maine (taken for 10 years or more) August 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "Musician... Play twice if not more every weekend.... Got to the point where I was bleeding over my guitar and couldn't use certain fingers. After the first application of the cream within hours everything calmed down.. No inflammation.. Amazing cream!"

Spokes1612 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "I have been suffering from pruritus ani which is means itchy anus. I suffered for some 4 years. I am also having itchy scrotums, maybe due to Psoriasis and/or Eczema. Just two days ago while searching the net for a good cure, I came across the generic name Mometasone Furoate. I inquired with my chemist and bought myself a 15gms tube of Momin cream. The results are wonderful. In just two days time my scrotal and anal itch is gone!"

A_CUSTOMER (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "I have eczema in my ear canal and have suffered for years... Doctors had no idea what I had... But elecon clears up a flare up over night!!! It's amazing!!!"

Shannon124098 March 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "Did not help at all for my lichen planus. Tried 2 weeks morning and night. 2nd cream tried"

biopsy said lichen planus (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "My daughter is 21 now, but when she was about 1 or 2 years old, she was prescribed elocon and it permanently stopped her eczema in a few days. I was trying to remember the name of this prescription to recommend, and it just came to me out of the blue. I am so glad I remembered the name; I'm hoping it helps."

patexiss (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "My 5yr old daughter had a nasty flare-up that travelled from under her arm to half way down her inner forearm. Wasted money at Chemist buying OTC creams for a month that did nothing. Seeing her in pain & itching was awful, so went back to Drs & were prescribed Elocon-UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Cleared completely in 36hrs & has never come back-this was 7yrs ago!"

katlac January 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Psoriasis: "I've been using Elocon since I was 8 years old, I am now 35 and it's my faithful companion. Usually I slather it on the weekend before bed, by the time I shower mid-day all the scales wash off with a gentle scrub. It usually lasts me a week before it starts creeping up again but at least I know how to control it and now most people have no idea I have psoriasis unless I tell them."

B- December 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "Took my son to the allergist for testing, but he couldn't due to raised bumps on back so he prescribed elocon, I got the generic solution that comes in a squeeze dropper. I apply about 6 drops to affected area followed by cruel lotion which is good for replacing ceramides and hydration. I started late evening by the following morning I saw big improvement, by day 3 my son was a new person. Very satisfied so far hope he doesn't relapse"

motherEarth3 June 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone) for Eczema: "I have suffered from eczema on and off for many years, recently I had a massive reaction on my face which resulted in severe eczema all over my face and neck. I had very sore red patches and very red burning patches. I felt rock bottom and after seeing a dermatologist she gave me Elocon. She gave me confidence that in 4 days my eczema would be completely cleared. I put it on at night and it stung just a little for the first night, 3 days later it had all cleared and my skin super smooth. This is a fab ointment and would certainly give a 10 out of 10 review."

Caz Nic April 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "I have Otitis Externa....My doctor prescribed Mometasone for my outer ears as they get unbearable itching. I use this cream...what a difference this makes! 2 days of using this and my ears are 100% better for a while. Since this is a chronic condition when it flares up, I grab my tube of this cream and its gone in 2 days again. Love it!"

TheresaKessler February 9, 2015