User Reviews for Mometasone topical to treat Psoriasis

Also known as: Elocon

Mometasone topical has an average rating of 9.4 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 100% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Mometasone topical Rating Summary

9.4/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Mometasone topical

Anonymous December 7, 2012

Elocon (mometasone): “I've had psoriasis for 15 years. I have purposely avoided biologics, steroids and UV treatments. I used Elocon for my first spot ever when I was first diagnosed with psoriasis and it made my tiny non-healing patch of psoriasis go away in a day. It never came back in that location. So, here it is 15 years later and although I've been covering up all year round and using coal tar to take the itch away. I've finally figured out a treatment plan that works. Use the Elocon to get rid of all the patches (it works great!) Then, use the 25% coal tar (5% active coal tar). Wallah! No more dermatologists or steroids for years!”

Staccc · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 22, 2014

Elocon (mometasone): “I tried every lotion, shampoos etc that said it would work and didn't. Came to the point where I was scratching so much my hair was falling out. My doctor suggested Elocon lotion for my scalp. Skeptical of course, used it in my hair and scalp before I went to sleep (stung a bit) but worth waking up and washing my hair to clear flake free scalp. I've never looked back, Best lotion ever.”

j_cloud1 August 10, 2008

Elocon (mometasone): “Wow I've had scalp psoriasis for 15 years and have tried many things. My new doctor prescribed Elocon and my scalp cleared in less than a week. I don't have to wear a hat any more and I feel comfortable wearing black.”

B- December 9, 2015

Elocon (mometasone): “I've been using Elocon since I was 8 years old, I am now 35 and it's my faithful companion. Usually I slather it on the weekend before bed, by the time I shower mid-day all the scales wash off with a gentle scrub. It usually lasts me a week before it starts creeping up again but at least I know how to control it and now most people have no idea I have psoriasis unless I tell them.”

no more bad skin May 15, 2009

Elocon (mometasone): “I've been using Elocon for over 15 years. I use the liquid lotion on my scalp. If I apply twice a day for a week, my entire scalp is cleared and itch free. Elocon however is not very effective for the psoriasis in my belly button and in my ears. It only works to clear it for 3 days and comes right back. But for the scalp it's a 10! I also apply it to new spots over my skin if I see them, it nicks any new spots from forming. Elocon states it may thin the skin, but after 10 years, I'm still doing good, no thinning.”

CanadaGal15 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 28, 2013

Elocon (mometasone): “I've had scalp psoriasis for 20 years and this is the only thing that works for me. Tar shampoo can be effective but not if it takes me an hour to comb out my hair after....(I have long think hair). Elocon lotion works instantly! I will say that it stings if you have an open sore from scratching but if you use it regularly it makes an amazing difference. I would suggest the lotion over the cream for scalp psoriasis. I'm sure the cream would work better for your body.”

Anonymous October 2, 2008

Elocon (mometasone): “I have had psoriasis for 17 years and have had many visits to the specialist. Although my psoriasis is not what they class as severe it effects my world in a severe way as it is on visual parts of my body that are difficult to hide (especially in summer). Elocon was the first ointment to take the red appearance from the psoriasis and also make some areas look normal again. It has lost its inflammatory appearance and is lessoning in size. I would highly recommend others to give it a go. ”

Anonymous December 23, 2009

Elocon (mometasone): “After applying for about 3 days, almost all of the spots on my torso and back were almost gone....huge relief after progressively worsening lesion size and feeling like a monster! The psoriasis behind my ears is also GONE, and the skin smooth. Almost seems miraculous - the skin looks practically normal, with no thinning or side effects so far. After reading the other reviews, would really like to try the scalp lotion too! It's been years and years since last going to a dermatologist or trying a medicated cream, and the return to NORMAL skin tone is delightful. Especially with a wedding in 3 months! ”

S Maine · Taken for 10 years or more August 29, 2016

Elocon (mometasone): “I have had Seborrheic Dermatitis since I was 15 years old. I am now 38 and thanks to Elocon Scalp Lotion I have everything under control. I apply the lotion to my hairline and rub it in once a week...within 2 days for some reason the redness in my face dissapears, feels supple and I pretty much am able to forget about my condition. I also wash my face every evening with SBR Lipo Cream as a moisturiser.”

A_CUSTOMER · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2016

“I have been suffering from pruritus ani which is means itchy anus. I suffered for some 4 years. I am also having itchy scrotums, maybe due to Psoriasis and/or Eczema. Just two days ago while searching the net for a good cure, I came across the generic name Mometasone Furoate. I inquired with my chemist and bought myself a 15gms tube of Momin cream. The results are wonderful. In just two days time my scrotal and anal itch is gone!”

Sadie · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2021

Elocon (mometasone): “Had severe psoriasis for eight months. I suffer from guttate psoriasis and after I got strep throat ages ago, my psoriasis flared up! I used every cream I could get and none of them worked. Until, I found Elocon cream and my body has never looked so clear in months. Would strongly recommend this steroid cream to anyone who is suffering from psoriasis. I can finally show some skin and I'm happy. I'm still treating it but, it's going away.”

MikaylaJames September 17, 2010

“I've had psoriasis for 4 years now, Since I was about 14. Nothing ever worked for me. The doctors could never figure out what it was. It got so bad at one point my face was infected. Finally I discovered Topicort. A steroid based ointment that showed dramatic results. I mean I could use it right out the shower and I would be spot free for months. A few tips on how to control psoriasis, use fragrance free lotion, powder foundation, almost natural body mists/ perfumes, laundry soap and softer sheets/liquid without harsh smells-those can lead to serious breakouts. Try changing your bath soap to body wash that is gentle and SOAP FREE. Aveeno and Neutrogena are the best products for me. Good luck.”

clear looking? May 29, 2009

“I want to say that this cream does suspend the effects of Psoriasis and you do feel good when you see clear skin for that period of time. However, I have been using this cream for ten years now and I can only wonder if there is something out there that is safer and would have more permanent results. I know this is hard to deal with but hang in there - clear days ahead.”

Mark · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2021

“It's almost too good to be true. I've tried every cream and shampoo with little to no effect on my psoriasis until my doctor prescribed mometasone. It's been a week now and I've reduced those red itchy patches to twice their sizes. I'm so happy now. Strongly recommended.”

Peter · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

Elocon (mometasone): “Elocon ointment has worked better and faster than any other ointment that has ever been prescribed for treatment of my psoriasis.”

Amrita Sarkar March 8, 2011

Elocon (mometasone): “I have used it in several patients and the result was awesome.”

cape town November 26, 2008

Elocon (mometasone): “I had bad Psoriasis behind my ear. Elocon cleared it in just two days. I would definitely recommend it.”

Drew · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 26, 2019

“this cream mometasone cleans genital psoriasis really well, but may come back after a while.”

Learn more about Psoriasis