User Reviews for Mometasone

Also known as: Elocon

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Mometasone.

Mometasone Rating Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Mometasone to treat Eczema

Elocon (mometasone): "This cream caused red skin syndrome. It ruined my life as I had to go through the most horrendous drug withdrawal just to get off it. 31 months off it and still not normal. Look up topical steroid addiction and withdrawal before deciding whether you want to risk 3 years plus of your life. Awful"

Cheddock November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Using mometasone steroid cream once a day after showering before I went to bed was the best solution to my eczema every time it got bad. I used to always struggle with eczema and hydrocortisone never worked! If you are in a similar scenario, this one is a stronger steriod"

Ali234234234234234 November 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "literally the only thing that has worked to help my Eczema! I was told by the doctor to apply out of shower then put lotion( I use Eucerin smoothing its not to sticky and leaves ur skin soft) since the Elocon can dry out skin. Works like a charm only down side is if you use for to long can cause thin skin and stretch marks so be careful."

melv1216 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "I have had eczema all my life. I use elocon and find it better than hydrocortisone but find that the former darkens my skin and should only be used as for short periods of time. The best thing I ever did for my eczema was have an allergy test done and reduce my diary and wheat intake. My atopic eczema cleared up in a week. You have to treat the inside of your body too."

Childhood eczema (taken for 10 years or more) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was prescribed this ointment by my GP after I suffered several bald spots on my scalp. I have no idea why they appeared as was not under stress at the time. After about a week of using Elocon the hair started to grow back, the only thing being that it grew white. I have brown hair. After about 6-8 weeks the hair grew through with my natural colour. Couldn't be more pleased. Thought I may have to shave the lot off, but 6 years on, still no reoccurrence but kept a tube just incase."

BritishBigboy September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "I tried all the creams the doctors could give us for my little boy and only Elocon has worked he is a very happy boy gone from itching bleeding crying in pain as a baby to a normal happy school boy."

Mazummo September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used this for a two weeks for a rash on my face (cheeks and nose). When using I found that it was brilliant and my rash disappeared quickly. However, the day after I stopped using it my rash had already come back."

MadAnimalLover (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "I've had eczema ALL my life and I was starting to think nothing's working from Hydrocortisone creams all the way to natural aloe Vera but my new doctor prescribed this and I've never looked better! The flare ups are under control and my skin is almost clear"

Minnie099 March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "I've had awful eczema for as long as I can remember, which has been completely debilitating when at it's worst. When I was referred to the dermatologist I was given everything under the sun to try and combat the worsening skin condition. Finally, after months I was given elocon and now I can't go a day without it, absolute skin MIRACLE. Please ask for this cream first when seeing a doctor, after hunting for something like this for years I couldn't imagine my life without the stuff!!"

sophieggeorge February 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "I have been using the Elocon lotion everytime when eczema was there, it cured. Just speechless and I'm thankful I got the Elocon lotion for the first time when I suffered eczema since I have tried everything out there and done a lot of researches, but it seems Elocon did the job impressively well. Got my life back. Ps. #1 cure Elocon"

ThankYouElocon February 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication is the bomb! its like crack for eczema. I have tried other remedies as well and nothing else comes close. I am african-american with a caramel colored complexion. I started having flare ups on my hands really bad to the point where my hands are almost black and rough like dinosaur skin. I was scratching until they bleed. My hand even swelled up. It started to really affect my self esteem. Words cant even describe how happy I am that I got my hands on this stuff again. I am in love with it!"

Miss Tia December 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Musician... Play twice if not more every weekend.... Got to the point where I was bleeding over my guitar and couldn't use certain fingers. After the first application of the cream within hours everything calmed down.. No inflammation.. Amazing cream!"

Spokes1612 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have eczema in my ear canal and have suffered for years... Doctors had no idea what I had... But elecon clears up a flare up over night!!! It's amazing!!!"

Shannon124098 March 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "My daughter is 21 now, but when she was about 1 or 2 years old, she was prescribed elocon and it permanently stopped her eczema in a few days. I was trying to remember the name of this prescription to recommend, and it just came to me out of the blue. I am so glad I remembered the name; I'm hoping it helps."

patexiss (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "My 5yr old daughter had a nasty flare-up that travelled from under her arm to half way down her inner forearm. Wasted money at Chemist buying OTC creams for a month that did nothing. Seeing her in pain & itching was awful, so went back to Drs & were prescribed Elocon-UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Cleared completely in 36hrs & has never come back-this was 7yrs ago!"

katlac January 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "Took my son to the allergist for testing, but he couldn't due to raised bumps on back so he prescribed elocon, I got the generic solution that comes in a squeeze dropper. I apply about 6 drops to affected area followed by cruel lotion which is good for replacing ceramides and hydration. I started late evening by the following morning I saw big improvement, by day 3 my son was a new person. Very satisfied so far hope he doesn't relapse"

motherEarth3 June 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "I have suffered from eczema on and off for many years, recently I had a massive reaction on my face which resulted in severe eczema all over my face and neck. I had very sore red patches and very red burning patches. I felt rock bottom and after seeing a dermatologist she gave me Elocon. She gave me confidence that in 4 days my eczema would be completely cleared. I put it on at night and it stung just a little for the first night, 3 days later it had all cleared and my skin super smooth. This is a fab ointment and would certainly give a 10 out of 10 review."

Caz Nic April 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is definitely miracle cream, no doubt about it. I have been using it for about 14 years on my hands to treat eczema breakouts. However... I was not warned about using it for long term treatment and my doctor gives me refills when I ask for it. I am only now finding out about possible nasty steroid withdrawal symptoms if I stop using it. After using it for such a long time I'm concerned but I plan to stop using it for awhile to see what happens."

pnof (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "I was getting angry itchy red patches on my cheeks that went scaly and looked awful. Mindful of the need to be very cautious with such a steroid medication on the face I used the thinnest tiniest amount just on the red areas. I applied it first late evening. When I got up in the morning I was astonished and delighted to see a 90% improvement, redness virtually gone and no itching. This stuff is potent and highly effective. 24 - 36 hours should be enough to completely solve my issue. Very happy."

LondonTrader (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "This cream is awesome, my daughters arms look beautiful. I used it twice a day for about 3 days and her arms cleared up."

mstiff (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "I'm 21 and I have had eczema since I was a baby, however it has only been within the last three years that my skin has really suffered. I got very low after trying countless creams. I had light therapy which to me I found pointless as it only made me burn, which made me scratch more. I have eczema all over my body, literally everywhere so you can imagine, as fellow sufferers, how painful and uncomfortable this is. I started using Elocon a few days ago and I must say the improvement is phenomenal. I really would recommend this as my skin is almost clear! So pleased with the results so far!"

Rachel.guy January 14, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "This ointment is very effective. It has cleared up all of my breakouts from eczema. However, it concerns me that someone in an earlier post mentioned that they apply this medication to their face. Please DO NOT do this as Elocon is a steroid that can thin the skin. Its so strong, you only need to apply it to the affected area. Its not meant to be used like a face cream. The skin on your face is already so much thinner and more sensitive when than the skin on your arms and legs."

ClearSkinChoice November 12, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "My daughter has eczema, when using Elocon she stops scratching instantly. LOVE IT. Also I use pure Vaseline, also she bathes with Dove unscented sensitive soap and she rarely breakouts. Try it."

Anonymous July 11, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My 3 year old son suffers from eczema! It is one of the worst cases his doctor has seen. He scratches till it bleeds. It's behind his legs, between his fingers, bends of his arms. He has been using this cream for about 3 days only. As of now it is helping but not cleared up completely!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elocon (mometasone): "Suffered all my life from eczema and Elocon is by far the most effective ointment I have used."

Anonymous February 24, 2012