User Reviews for Mometasone topical to treat Eczema

Also known as: Elocon

Mometasone topical Rating Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Mometasone topical

Cocochanel · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 17, 2020

“I’ve used mometasone for about 7-8 years and it has helped my skin tremendously. I’ve had moderate to severe eczema since the age of 6. I’ve tried all types of different creams and medicines to help heal and keep my skin under control. This medicine by far is the best! It comes as a cream & an ointment, it doesn’t sting or leave a strong odor, however, the cream does leave a bit of a trace especially when applied to dry skin. I use dove sensitive skin body wash, either aveeno skin relief moisturizing lotion and mometasone and my skin is generally pretty clear. I would definitely recommend a try!”

Emily · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2019

Elocon (mometasone): “It took me 3 years to find the right cream to actually make it go away as Aveeno doesn't work for me but Elocon covers everything”

Eloise · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

Elocon (mometasone): “Literally at the end of my tether with scalp eczema. Was prescribed Elocon scalp lotion by my my dermatologist. After one day, scalp so much better; itching has gone, weeping and stickiness has gone. Have used the Elocon ointment on eczema on my body and found this to be equally effective. Excellent results”

Ty · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 6, 2019

Elocon (mometasone): “Do not use this stuff. For short term use it is amazing. But if you find yourself using it for more then a month, STOP immediately. This cream suppresses your bodies natural ability to fight inflammation. Resulting in extreme withdrawal symptoms otherwise know as Red Skin Syndrome or Topical Steroid Withdrawal. I have been through hell because of this cream, doctors hand it out as if its a solution for your skin problems when in reality it is destroying your skin. I beg of you, get off this cream while you still have the chance.”

Court · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2019

Elocon (mometasone): “I have severe eczema in my ears. I would scratch and use q-tips and would keep scratching. Skin would flake off and it was awful. My dermatologist told me to use cortisone creams and I tried that for 2 years and nothing helped. I thought my ears were clogged with wax so I went to my ENT and she said there was no wax, just severe eczema so she prescribed me Elocon. I used it 1 time per day for 3 days and now twice a week. With in an hour after the first application I felt relief and after day 3, it was completely clear. Miracle drug!”

Juliet · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

Elocon (mometasone): “Have been prescribed this cream by a private dermatologist just this week. He described my eczema as ‘severe’. He changed my cream to Elocon and I can’t believe the difference in my skin after only 2 days of applying once daily. I have used so many creams and ointments in the past. Am over the moon that I’ve discovered this!!”

G · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 24, 2018

Elocon (mometasone): “Had eczema my whole life, I am 34 now. Elocon really is good stuff, calms flare ups an within a few days it’s gone!! Must be used as little as possible, on well moisturised skin, helps the ointment spread more easily. Healthy food helps internally, rarely get it that much anymore!”

Jenn · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2018

Elocon (mometasone): “My son saw a dermotoligist for 3 years and nothing helped. His pediatrician prescribed elocon and 3 days later his skin looked 100% better.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2018

“Awsome cream within minutes the itching was gone.”

Cheddock November 26, 2017

Elocon (mometasone): “This cream caused red skin syndrome. It ruined my life as I had to go through the most horrendous drug withdrawal just to get off it. 31 months off it and still not normal. Look up topical steroid addiction and withdrawal before deciding whether you want to risk 3 years plus of your life. Awful”

Ali234234234234234 November 2, 2017

“Using mometasone steroid cream once a day after showering before I went to bed was the best solution to my eczema every time it got bad. I used to always struggle with eczema and hydrocortisone never worked! If you are in a similar scenario, this one is a stronger steriod”

melv1216 October 9, 2017

Elocon (mometasone): “literally the only thing that has worked to help my Eczema! I was told by the doctor to apply out of shower then put lotion( I use Eucerin smoothing its not to sticky and leaves ur skin soft) since the Elocon can dry out skin. Works like a charm only down side is if you use for to long can cause thin skin and stretch marks so be careful.”

Childhood eczema · Taken for 10 years or more October 3, 2017

Elocon (mometasone): “I have had eczema all my life. I use elocon and find it better than hydrocortisone but find that the former darkens my skin and should only be used as for short periods of time. The best thing I ever did for my eczema was have an allergy test done and reduce my diary and wheat intake. My atopic eczema cleared up in a week. You have to treat the inside of your body too.”

BritishBigboy September 15, 2017

“Was prescribed this ointment by my GP after I suffered several bald spots on my scalp. I have no idea why they appeared as was not under stress at the time. After about a week of using Elocon the hair started to grow back, the only thing being that it grew white. I have brown hair. After about 6-8 weeks the hair grew through with my natural colour. Couldn't be more pleased. Thought I may have to shave the lot off, but 6 years on, still no reoccurrence but kept a tube just incase.”

Mazummo September 10, 2017

Elocon (mometasone): “I tried all the creams the doctors could give us for my little boy and only Elocon has worked he is a very happy boy gone from itching bleeding crying in pain as a baby to a normal happy school boy.”

MadAnimalLover · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2017

“I used this for a two weeks for a rash on my face (cheeks and nose). When using I found that it was brilliant and my rash disappeared quickly. However, the day after I stopped using it my rash had already come back.”

Minnie099 March 28, 2017

Elocon (mometasone): “I've had eczema ALL my life and I was starting to think nothing's working from Hydrocortisone creams all the way to natural aloe Vera but my new doctor prescribed this and I've never looked better! The flare ups are under control and my skin is almost clear”

sophieggeorge February 13, 2017

Elocon (mometasone): “I've had awful eczema for as long as I can remember, which has been completely debilitating when at it's worst. When I was referred to the dermatologist I was given everything under the sun to try and combat the worsening skin condition. Finally, after months I was given elocon and now I can't go a day without it, absolute skin MIRACLE. Please ask for this cream first when seeing a doctor, after hunting for something like this for years I couldn't imagine my life without the stuff!!”

ThankYouElocon February 11, 2017

Elocon (mometasone): “I have been using the Elocon lotion everytime when eczema was there, it cured. Just speechless and I'm thankful I got the Elocon lotion for the first time when I suffered eczema since I have tried everything out there and done a lot of researches, but it seems Elocon did the job impressively well. Got my life back. Ps. #1 cure Elocon”

Miss Tia December 4, 2016

“This medication is the bomb! its like crack for eczema. I have tried other remedies as well and nothing else comes close. I am african-american with a caramel colored complexion. I started having flare ups on my hands really bad to the point where my hands are almost black and rough like dinosaur skin. I was scratching until they bleed. My hand even swelled up. It started to really affect my self esteem. Words cant even describe how happy I am that I got my hands on this stuff again. I am in love with it!”

Spokes1612 · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2016

“Musician... Play twice if not more every weekend.... Got to the point where I was bleeding over my guitar and couldn't use certain fingers. After the first application of the cream within hours everything calmed down.. No inflammation.. Amazing cream!”

Shannon124098 March 30, 2016

“I have eczema in my ear canal and have suffered for years... Doctors had no idea what I had... But elecon clears up a flare up over night!!! It's amazing!!!”

patexiss · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2016

Elocon (mometasone): “My daughter is 21 now, but when she was about 1 or 2 years old, she was prescribed elocon and it permanently stopped her eczema in a few days. I was trying to remember the name of this prescription to recommend, and it just came to me out of the blue. I am so glad I remembered the name; I'm hoping it helps.”

katlac January 9, 2016

Elocon (mometasone): “My 5yr old daughter had a nasty flare-up that travelled from under her arm to half way down her inner forearm. Wasted money at Chemist buying OTC creams for a month that did nothing. Seeing her in pain & itching was awful, so went back to Drs & were prescribed Elocon-UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Cleared completely in 36hrs & has never come back-this was 7yrs ago!”

motherEarth3 June 16, 2015

Elocon (mometasone): “Took my son to the allergist for testing, but he couldn't due to raised bumps on back so he prescribed elocon, I got the generic solution that comes in a squeeze dropper. I apply about 6 drops to affected area followed by cruel lotion which is good for replacing ceramides and hydration. I started late evening by the following morning I saw big improvement, by day 3 my son was a new person. Very satisfied so far hope he doesn't relapse”