User Reviews for Mometasone topical to treat Dermatitis

Also known as: Elocon

Mometasone topical has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Dermatitis. 71% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Mometasone topical Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 499 medications used in the treatment of Dermatitis.

Mona · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

“I went to Dermatologist a year ago for dry patches around my mouth and he gave me prescription for Mometasone ointment to apply for 2 weeks. I did as he told me and the patches were gone for few weeks. But after 1-2 month, the same area started getting dry and itchy. I used moisturizers but nothing seemed to work. It started getting red, itchy and burning. I did online research for few months and found out that I was having topical steroid withdrawal. Before using the topical steroids, I was able to cover the dry patches with vaseline or moisturizers but now it does not go away whatever I do. The area around my mouth is red, itchy and burning. I just want to warn all the people. Do not use topical steroid on face because the skin on face, especially around mouth is very sensitive. The facial skin will get worse, red and itchy and you will have to deal with it for more than a year to get the normal skin back!!”

Helped. · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2012

Elocon (mometasone): “I had a very itchy rash on the outside of both lower legs, also what at first was an itchy red spot became quite large on the back of my calf. My doctor prescribed a cortisone cream that didn't help. Tried some other creams but no improvement. My legs were a mess for 12 months. Then I saw another doctor who prescribed Elocon which I used for 3 weeks and the rash cleared up. That was 3 months ago. I am 75 years old. I will use it again if I need too.”

Mrs. P. C. · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 26, 2016

Elocon (mometasone): “I have used Elocon for several years for frequent contact dermatitis on my hands, between my fingers and under rings, behind my knees, and for poison ivy or sumac. It relieves itching and redness very quickly and you only need a very small amount - apply sparingly. Episodes are over in about three days in my experience. I keep in in the house at all times when flare-ups occur.”

latinlover July 31, 2011

Elocon (mometasone): “I was suffering a skin condition for 13 years, in my scrotum. After spending thousands of dollars with specialists, I use Elocon for a week and my life was back on track. Thanks to Elocon I have my life back.”

J_J · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 3, 2021

Elocon (mometasone): “As others have said, this product can work wonders. However...it is very potent so take care to spread thinly as the instructions state. Also it's vitally important to only use for very short periods of time. Personally I'd use for just 24 hours then stop and use a simple emollient for a few days. Respect the ointment!”

TheresaKessler February 9, 2015

“I have Otitis Externa....My doctor prescribed Mometasone for my outer ears as they get unbearable itching. I use this cream...what a difference this makes! 2 days of using this and my ears are 100% better for a while. Since this is a chronic condition when it flares up, I grab my tube of this cream and its gone in 2 days again. Love it!”

EWIRMAN · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2019

“This site provided me the information I was looking for, in the first sentence. I had to look hard for the place to review.”

biopsy said lichen planus · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2016

“Did not help at all for my lichen planus. Tried 2 weeks morning and night. 2nd cream tried”

Dhaliwal · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2017

“I am first time using it for itchy skin rashes”

Learn more about Dermatitis