User Reviews for Modafinil (Page 5)

Also known as: Provigil

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

Depression

6.5

Summary of Modafinil reviews 7.4 368 reviews

Reviews for Modafinil

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2017

For Depression: "It's only my first day on modafinil and what an impact it has made! My head is crystal clear, no confusion, no negative feelings or procrastination. After about 3 hours of taking the medication I had my whole day planned out and was able to complete each and every task with ease. I am 50 years old and up until today had spent most of my life unable to complete the simplest of tasks. I would just spend my time thinking about the task and waste away the time, to sum up my life to this point has been full of promises and unfulfilled potential. But after my first day on modafinil I feel that my life has just begun. I pray that the effects of modafinil do not diminish. I have decided to keep a video diary of my journey on youtube"

Akeidolon · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2017

For Drowsiness: "I have just started using this med after extensive sleep testing. Due to medical reason and just my own internal clock I seem to have a combination of Insomnia and Hypersonmia. I'm currently only prescribed 100 mg 1/day. I guess I was hoping for a magic bullet, but the first day I took it I promptly fell back asleep. The second day I was able to stay away and actually focus on getting things done. Today I slept for 36 hours straight in spite of taking it and am ready to go right back to bed. It also gives me some killer headaches. Being so new to it, and having seen positive results on one out of three days, I'm hoping that they'll be able to increase my dosage when I check in with the specialist in a couple of weeks."

Bill Zzzzzz · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 7, 2017

Provigil (modafinil) for Narcolepsy: "Awake ..... Euphoria!"

FirmGreen October 4, 2017

For Fatigue: "So far it has helped me sleep longer at night. A bit of fuzzy thinking at times."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2017

Provigil (modafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I have pretty severe narcolepsy and cataplexy this didn't do much of anything for me"

nannymae868 September 22, 2017

For Depression: "I have suffered with depression for 4 years and have tried so many drugs that I have lost count. I finally found a combination of drugs that were working, but not completely. My NP then added Provigil and my depression resolved. I am able to get a lot done without feeling tired all of the time. However, I was on 200 mg and only had mild benefits. My NP increased the dose to 400 mg and it has helped tremendously. It has given me more hope that I have had in years."

Gdog1267 September 17, 2017

Provigil (modafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "Works pretty good but doses only cover 8 hrs. Because my shifts start at 5 am and can end anywhere to 8:30 pm, I have to guess at my 8 hr. Window. When I take 1.5 pills per day, I run out too fast and the pharmacy holds the script. Then I crash for several weeks until refill. Nuvigi and provigil are true wonder drugs but I personally need 250 and 125 simultaneous as we go into a 24/7 society, I need covered at least 12 hrs."

Excaldoug September 10, 2017

For Fatigue: "Just starting this for my Multiple Sclerosis but seems to be very effective. I think I may need to cut out my morning coffee though. To much stimulant? Will have to see."

corsys1 · Taken for 10 years or more September 8, 2017

For Narcolepsy: "I have taken Provigil off and on since 2000, for narcolepsy/apnea. I started with the 200mg per day, but discovered that my brain required more. Since increasing my dosage to 400mg per day, I have fewer daytime sleep concerns. I have not experienced any appetite changes, and have certainly not lost any weight. This medication allows me to function, just enough to keep my job, and have a somewhat normal social life. No matter what dosage I take, my brain/body will shut down at approximately 6:00pm, and on the days I don’t take the medication; I pretty much sleep all day. I’ve made life style changes, such as, eating better, increased cardio, and strength training; just as a supplement to the medication and CPAP therapy. "

EbonyLouise September 6, 2017

For Drowsiness: "I was given Provigil for my sleep disorder. Already have major depression and Provigil made it significantly worse along with effect my memory. I will need to try a different medication with fewer side effects. It did keep me awake but the severe depression wasn't worth it."

Tiredlytired · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2017

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "Was prescribed this for sleep apnea. It made me feel horrible and I had weird sleep hallucinations with it. It didn't make me feel awake it just made me feel weird. Disappointed that I still haven't found anything to help me stay awake during the day."

mddilla · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2017

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "So far this medicine works well. One hour after I take the medicine I feel wide awake and more alert than I have felt in years. About 4.5 to 5 hours I usually get a headache but I will stay awake feeling fine. I have noticed that when I go to sleep I sleep much sounder and longer."

Seraphine523 July 26, 2017

For Fatigue: "I have severe fatigue and I tried this after using adderall for many years and it doesn't work. I was expecting a huge improvement from the reviews but I was beyond disappointed. I think the people that only benefit from this drug are the types who fall for the placebo effect. It actually makes me more tired when I take it and I have no improvement with cognitive function whatsoever. Don't waste your money or your time on this drug."

MiriArley · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2017

For ADHD: "I had been on Concerta in high school for questionable ADHD diagnosis, and it had a VERY minimal benefit. So minimal that after 2 school years it was determined my problem was probably more attributable to being "smarter than your average bear" and I just was not being challenged in my non-honours and non-dual credit classes. Made it through Uni and my doctorate degrees OK by overloading my schedule and surviving on coffee and caffeine tabs, taking 18 hr semesters instead of the rec'd 12-15 hrs. Fast forward to a few yrs later, I have been on Adderall for about 4 mo, titrating to the perfect dose of 2×5mg at 8am & 5mg at noon. Was switched to modafinil B/C my anorexia nervosa and I can't wake up, get out of bed, finish reading an email. Hate it!"

CarmenCL July 6, 2017

For ADHD: "I've severe ADD, in Romania ADHD was recognised for adults only a couple of years ago, Ritalin like meds aren't legal for adults, only Strattera and I need to take my parents to testify I'd had symptoms since my childhood - impossible. As I also used to fight not to fall asleep during the day, e.g. tramways, my family doctor wrote a prescription Modafinil 100mg -I couldn't afford to buy more, it was ~E100, now ~E20. Tried one pill in my free days - had no real effect. Later I found a bigger dose had a great effect on my ADD. Dosage matters. Huge help for depression from not being able to handle your life & for related pb. I'm 42 - quality of life & being able to have things done matters more than some side effects (headaches used to be just at first)"

Ambs82 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 13, 2017

For Depression: "This medicine really works for depression. It helps me get stuff done and not want to sleep all of the time. Taken with coffee it is a lot stronger. I give this a 9 on a scale of 1-10."

Becca295 June 10, 2017

For Drowsiness: "Initially, this medication worked well. It gave me energy and focus, and I felt like I was finally awake. However, after using it for a week, I started to notice weakness in my legs. As I continued taking it, the nervous system issues worsened, to the point where I had Reynaud's syndrome and tingling in my arms, legs, and throat. It also heightened my anxiety. I finally switched to Ritalin, and though it doesn't give me the same level of focus, I no longer have any of the negative side effects."

TheJayeJaye June 4, 2017

For Fatigue: "Was prescribed Provigil in 2005 for MS fatigue, and Fibromyalgia fatigue and brain fog. Have always used the brand name. I take 200mg two times a day. This gives me 8 good hours of function. Recently switched to Generic. Cannot even compare to the brand name. Too bad the price is out of this world for such a wonder drug. It truly is a blessing! But who on earth can afford it!??"

CoffeeGirl82 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2017

For Fatigue: "This is the best medicine for energy that I have ever taken! I get 6-8 hours of sleep when I sleep. Then I get up and take my morning provigal and I can finally concentrate on work for at least 2 hours at a time.. I have ADD/ and depression it helps with both. This medicine is the best :)"

B_1 May 30, 2017

For Depression: "It is great and all for giving you laser focus, however after the drug wears off from my system I notice that I get a little bit of a crash. I get depressive symptoms that's why I don't take it anymore."

Nicky1983 · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2017

For Drowsiness: "I have EDS also Epilepsy. Actually thought for years the EDS symptoms were caused by my antiseizure meds since they can make you tired. It was something that I just accepted so I really didn't have much of a life. Anyways, I started on Modafinil about 2 weeks ago. 100mg when I wake up at 7:45am to go to work. I was finding that it helped, but at about 11-11:30am, I was back to how I normally am. I just saw my dr and I am now to take 100mg three times a day. Today was my first day on my new dose. 1st dose was at 8am, 2nd at noon. Had 2 cups of coffee. By 4pm, I was feeling drowsy, yawning, eyes heavy. Feeling like I needed to nap. *Long story short: it works, but short-acting. 3-4 hours. I wish they made an Extended Release version.*"

GreysMommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2017

For Depression: "So far, so good!!"

50 Shades of fatigue April 28, 2017

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "Modafinil did not work for me at all. If you want to try it look for coupons online the cost was $800.00 and I got it for $94.00."

Wyatt Shaw · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 10, 2017

Provigil (modafinil) for Narcolepsy: "Hello, I was diagnosed with narcolepsy when I was 12 years old but it was discovered during a sleep study in 2010 out at hospital in denver colorado. I was told I had probably had the disorder my whole life. I am 18 years old now and struggle with this disorder everyday. Provigil has helped quite a bit but does have some cons. The lack of appetite will happen anytime you go off the medicine for even a period of 4 days then go back on it. I also have built up a tolerance to the 200mg so it has started to wear off about 4 hours after taking it and is a very hard medicine to get the dosage upped on. Insurance co will fight you the whole way. Also lost a substantial amount of weight when I first started the med."

Ketura · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 9, 2017

Provigil (modafinil) for Narcolepsy: "Hi, I have taken this medicine for a year. I have found that it works, but it takes a lot of work (if that makes any sense.) I I am on 400mg a day for narcolepsy. I have found with this medicine if I take it and then eat, almost no effect, if I eat wait about an hour, take the pill then that's fine. If I don't drink a lot of water then it doesn't matter, because it doesn't work. For a person that always wants to sleep, scheduling this little pill twice a day is almost not worth it."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)