User Reviews for Armodafinil

Also known as: Nuvigil

Learn more about Armodafinil.

ADHD 13 reviews 36 medications

Narcolepsy 85 reviews 15 medications

6.6
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 261 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Armodafinil

For Narcolepsy: "I've just switched from Modafinil to Armodafinil. I take twice a day dividing the 150 mg tablet into 2 parts with full meal. With Modafinil I had eye-irritation. It wasn't serious, but good enough to make me worried cause I already have glaucoma. The eye irritation reduced as I divided my dosage of 200 mg Modafinil into 2 times with a full meal. Though it may reduce the effectiveness, but the side-effect alleviation was more prominent. This prompted me to take Armodafinil cause I thought I may reduce the dosage further. Hence started with Armodafinil 150 mg and I think the plan has really worked out. The eye irritation effect is virtually non-existent! Still it's early days to comment on other properties, but I will as they become evident.."

Momtazul Arefin (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Narcolepsy: "Hi I'm on the second day of armodafinil 150 mg and kind a feeling wired, feeling like off balance more then before can't stay focused and having a light headaches it's this is normal reaction when you first start the medication?"

Ivonka February 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "It was effective, but it made my hair fall out. When I told the doctor, his response was, "That's not a side effect." I did my own research - It IS a side effect. It is a serious side effect that the doctor's don't tell you about. I switched doctors and medication."

Sytse (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "I just started taking Nuvigil. Today is day 2. Before Nuvigil I have been suffering for the past 3 years or so with marked fatigue. First I decided I should do a sleep study. They discovered that I have sleep apnea and I stop breathing about 50 times an hour. I got the CPAP machine and used it every night for the past 3 months. It didn't make the difference I was hoping. So, I talked to my Dr again and since I have young children I didn't want a sleeping medication and so he prescribed Nuvigil. Its been a life changer. I have the energy I used to have when playing with the kids and taking them outside instead of laying on the couch everyday."

Nunwithgun (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I didn't get the best results from this medication. Does not last long. I have to take 3X recommend does to be productive throughout the day. Not what I expected."

Workaholic58 December 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "Immediate lifting of depression; gave me my life back. Best to take 1/2 of 250mg very early on empty stomach with lots of water. I find it best taken around 5 am, go back to bed and wake later feeling great. Take another half before noon if needed, but, again, have an empty stomach and big glass of water. After a week or so, effects not as strong and can make you feel paradoxically very tired. Take 2-3 days off, and it will resume working. Be cautious and mindful of how your personality may be affected; reduce dosage if you're getting "too happy" overly friendly and too talkative. Also, it really focuses you and its good to make an effort to "break" the hyperconcentration by taking a break, a walk outside, hot shower. I've been taking 4 yrs"

davetrindle November 27, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "I have had HIV/AIDS for over 30 years. Needless to say that chronic fatigue has always been one of my biggest obstacles. I found this drug through an interview done by Diane Sawyer a few years back (referred to as its original name Provigil). I started Nuvigil/Armodafinil 200 mg soon after. My world went from black & white to living color. I was even able to have a late afternoon lie down for 30 minutes to an hour and wake up feeling great again. No feelings of speediness or anxiety. At first I started with the Armodafinil 200 mg but then went down to 150 mg because I did notice a slight tendency to a bit more aggressive later in the day or early evening after a few months use. After going down to 150mg it evened out and felt great."

Mojohinton November 23, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "Nuvigil has given me myself and my life back and I am so grateful! My doc first gave it to me about 7 years ago. The script was for 5-10 days. Tried it again a few years later after a bad episode and again for 5-10 days. It was like a magical pill that within 1 day snapped me out of a rough episode! Fast forward to this past April or May, probably my worst depressive episode ever started in March. Anyway, started back on nuvigil as an ongoing med. NOTHING! Ran out and couldn't get to my doc so I ran out. So glad I did bc I got back on it Thursday night and I was feeling better Friday! I do take other antidepressants so I don't know how this works on its own. I never post here but had to in hopes that my story will help someone!"

FLUFFHEAD November 20, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Narcolepsy: "On my second month of generic and I will be doing what is needed to get name brand Nuvigil at next refill. I've been the person I was prior to Nuvigil several years ago. I have also had a constant headache. My nose sinuses have felt very congested with little to no production. I do have allergies so possible has nothing to do with the generic. But typically after a round of allergy meds it clear and this has been ongoing for 2 months now. I can take the generic and within an hour be asleep. I feel like I did years ago before Nuvigil. I was happy for a generic because of the reduced co-pay. However I'm ready to pay the higher cost for the name brand so I can get back to my life!"

Hstar1907 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "Always a total skeptic about meds but.....OH MY GOD!! First time user of this medication. Took 500mg dose around 6 hours ago. Have been on a 10/10 rush since then. Unbelievable!!! Feeling basically Top Gun alert, at ninja readiness, shaking slightly in anticipation. Very similar experience to having a damn good md-cap....from what I've been told :) . Do very long work shifts 16-17 hours and this seems unbelievable. Too feel this good at the conclusion of such a shift is total madness. I think the potential for abuse of this medication must be astronomical. I note it does apparently have some moderate dopaminergic effects and I can certainly feel this to some extent."

Maverick T.G October 4, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I had been taking Provigil for the past 4 yrs. Two years ago I was in a car accident and have been suffering back pain, which would not even subside with percoset. After reading some reviews I learned lower back pain is a side effect from Provigil. I was taking 400 milligrams daily into separate 200 milligram doses while working graveyard shift. Provigil has worked great however I just switched to Nuvigil today in hopes that my back pain will go away."

Rob2102 September 27, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Narcolepsy: "This drug is nowhere near its counterpart. I am sleepy during the day; I have a hard time at work, like right now. It does NOT work."

0pam September 27, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "Works very well at keeping me awake. No euphoria like amphetamines, very few side effects in fact aside from a very mild headache, which aspirin can fix. It seems like all it does is remove my chronic fatigue.. without giving extra energy. Perfect in my opinion. Anxiety can be a problem, especially at the 250mg dose. If it is a problem, I would recommend breaking the 250mg in half and taking them several hours apart, which also helps with the late afternoon crash. If you have high blood pressure or heart problems, probably not a good idea to take it. Also, there is a generic.. not sure of the price difference."

DoJo Starfox September 14, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD: "This drug nuvigil I took for 3 days only half a pill 250 mg dosage my whole body is swollen my body aches I have a horrible stomich with non stop diarrhea difficulty swallowing .I am still feeling horrible 2 days later after stopped taking it and I hope it goes away .this was the worst feeling I've ever had in my entire my life"

Taylor smith September 5, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "My doctor seems to only identify with how it effects him, which he sometimes takes when going on a long trip. He says, It lasts for 8 to 12 hours. No on me 3 to 4 hours. I looked up what other narcoleptics said. They said they take 250 mg twice a day. That would be good, but who can afford it. My part is $300 for once a day. I have not experienced any side effects that I am aware of, but I am taking the next four days without any nuvigil to see if my sleep wake pattern gets better. My present problem may or may not be related to nuvil. I don't know. I wake up in the middle of the night wide awake. Sometime I can go back to sleep after 3 or 4 hours, but sometimes I never do. So, I am functioning, poorly, on about 4 hours of sleep"

Sharra (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD: "My initial QbTest score was 99. I was prescribed Vyvanse 20mg but was supposed to be taking 3/day. I misunderstood and only took 1 early in the morning on the day of my follow up test. I have Nuvigil that I take occasionally for shift work sleep disorder. I took one to help stay alert on my afternoon drive to the follow up test. My QbTest score dropped from 99 to 12. I am sure that the Nuvigil is responsible because the Vyvanse was taken at the lowest dose and several hours outside the time window."

MCPSr. (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I work night shift and have little kids which don't understand I'm tired or care so Nuvigil is a life saver. I use to be extremely tired in the morning and want to just lay on the couch because I was tired but no more of that since nuvigil. I have lost 15 lbs in 6 months. Not sure if it's because I'm more active or if it's Nuvigil. My house is the cleanest it's ever been. The first couple of days I took the medication I couldn't sleep all night but that is not a problem anymore so give it a week for body to adjust."

Night shift nurse (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia: "It was way better than nothing at all, but it did nothing at all for my pain. This helped my fatigue enough that I could be mostly functional, but it was like a low level of energy stretched out through the day, and I still ended up not having enough energy to do a lot of the things I want to do. Ritalin worked 10x better at helping my fatigue than Nuvigil did."

Katattacker (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I had nausea, trouble concentrating and had chest pains and pressure for 2 weeks after I stopped taking it. I was just as tired taking this medication."

Liz-G (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Narcolepsy: "Horrible horrible headaches. Have taken nuvigil for years insurance would only cover armodafonil so tried it. The headache was debilitating and I was still sleepy. Back to Nuvigil thank the lord"

Sleeping Six August 3, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Fibromyalgia: "I had been on Nuvigil for over 8 years making my fibro and Epstein Barr bearable. Just being able to stay awake during the day with what I call natural energy and then naturally feeling tired at night. The all over body aches and sensitivity generally would be as low as a 2 instead of an 8 comparatively. When my Rheumatic doctor put me on it way back then she stated it was being considered for fibro patients then. And now for the first time my insurance has denied my doctors prescription and I'm in appeal. My sleep is almost nonexistent, yet I'm exhausted. I ache every day pain level (6-9) and many days I just cannot make it out of bed for any length of time. If you have access to Nuvigil or it's generic I hope you have the benefits."

EdyRose (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For ADHD: "Nuvigil works great but my insurance won't pay for it because my diagnosis is not listed. I am a 54 year old who is going to college and working full time, I am having a very difficult time staying focused and keeping up. I can't afford the medication so I have been out for weeks. My neurologists gave me samples when I was diagnosed and I ran out and so did she."

Loverfield July 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "started on nuvigil for symptoms of anxiety and excessive daytime sleepiness. Started taking nuvigil in November. My first symptoms was excessive salivation, my stomach would get upset, felt nauseated. I felt like I had a dry lump in my throat continuously. It affected my normal swallowing of saliva but I had no trouble swallowing water or food. Lost 33 lbs in 4-5 months. Then my mouth ,lips and tongue started burning. I stopped taking nuvigil in March. The mouth burning has subsided some.I still feel nauseated at times. Taking tums and omeprazol for my stomach symptoms.Last Dr. Visit my omeprazol was doubled also put on Zantac. Had An EGD. All came out normal. It's been 8 months and my nausea and burning mouth continue."

Nina52 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "I have severe sleep apnea and was put on a CPAP machine. I never felt like it did any good,was still tired as heck. Dr.put me on Nuvigil and it is great. Some days I am still tires but not like before."

Postalred (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "This medicine caused high prolactin"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016