User Reviews for Armodafinil

Also known as: Nuvigil

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Armodafinil.

ADHD

Narcolepsy
6.6

Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.8 274 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

For Hypersomnia: "Diagnosis of Idyopathic Hyposomnia about 15 months ago, prescribed Modafinil 4 tbs a day. Over time lasting power decreased dramatically. 3weeks ago was prescribed Armodafinil. Side effects are quite debilitating, Dizziness, nausea, and and a big increase in migraine headaches. The overwhelming sleepiness is bad, impacting on daily life. Finding Armodafinil is only lasting about 6 hours so definitely no night driving. I can really feel the come down as it wears off. Disappointed as I was really hoping for some improvement in life quality."

Katerina1003 August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypersomnia: "I've been on this medication off and on for 2 years now for my add and hypersomnia, and it works. I was also prescribed ritalin. I think the ritalin works a little better but doesn't last that long. So I take one nuvigil in the morning and two 10mg tablets of ritalin in late afternoon."

Coolman408 August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I am 38 and I have been taking this medicine two weeks and I am having serious problem breathing and getting a deep breath in, my inhaler does not help. I have diarrhea and my face has broken out worse than it ever did when I was a teenager. I have also had random pounding, sharp, shooting headaches come out of no where."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "After years of struggling with sleep disorders I went through 2 sleep studies, a battery of tests including echo and bloodwork. Once they find out from sleep studies I have mild obstructive sleep apnea, nocturnal eating disorder, REM resistant sleep disorder, and upper airway resistant syndrome they put me on a CPAP machine and after much pushing I finally got approved for Nuvigil because I am still tired even with CPAP. My fatigue not only comes from sleep disorders but I also have Type 2 diabetes, Vitamin D3 Deficiency, and Depression fatigue. Any who I started on Nuvigil like 2 days ago at 150 mg and at first it was perfect but very quickly I've become desensitized to the either the med or dose 150 wears off after 6hours."

JennyLynn4eva (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "Diag early onset Parkinson's at 46yo. I was having off and on again sleep attacks in the afternoons. No amount of coffee can power you through one. This keeps me through the afternoon."

mjbaz2002 June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypersomnia: "I've taken 250 mg Nuvigil for years, the product gave me my life back. I can't express how significant it was finding a medication that could wake up my brain, and allow me to function. August 2016, Mylan release the first generic version. My insurance company immediately quit covering Branded Nuvigil. Week one - I realized it was 50% effective at keeping me awake. Followed by increasing anxiety, insomnia, inability to complete complex tasks, memory issue due to mental fog. Dr compensated - adding medications for the side effects. Three weeks ago, given a trial of branded Nuvigil - the difference is amazing. No anxiety, no insomnia, accomplishing more at work in a week - than I have in two months."

Tech Mama (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I take Seroquel XR, it helps with the depression but makes me tired. I am taking 250mg Nuvigil to give me a bit of energy. It seems to take two hours to really hit, then I get a rush of anxiety. That last for about ninety minutes. It smooths out about 3 and a half hours in. Then at 5 hours there is a drop-off. I get lethargic and a bit down for an hour or so, then the evening is largely the best period. It does seem to help, but it also hurts. I don't know. I never do."

Lifelong depression struggle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "Well, this is not the magic pill for me. I have been on Adderall and Provigil and have not been able to tolerate/liked either. I had hoped Provigil would help since I have heard such good things about it helping people who suffer from fatigue. I had to snap the 200mg Provigil in half AND only take it after eating a full meal in order to not shake and not have my muscles tense up and chest feel tight. It was pretty much like caffeine. It woke my body up but not my mind. I still craved a nap and had brain fog. I told my Dr. about this and she suggested trying Nuvigil. I have been on it two days and it feels the same as Provigil. Maybe a little more tolerable, but no magic "I feel incredible!" feeling. Boooooo."

Iwantanewdrug (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've taken nuvigil off and on for about a year, along with 20mg lexapro. I take it as needed for depression and daytime sleepiness (I was falling asleep while driving). I find that it makes me agitated and irritable if I take it every day, so I only take 150mg when my depression is causing extreme lethargy and lack of motivation. When I do take it, it usually works within an hour. I am motivated, focused, and productive on this medication. It even helps with my social anxiety, and I find that I'm more cheery and outgoing. I'm more talkative too, but in a good way - not in a manic way. The problem? It wears off after 6-8 hours, sometimes leaving me with a headache. Overall, however, it has been a big help to me!"

Callie1217 May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I work two full-time jobs in Information Technology on a high level at both jobs. I have to be razor sharp or the effects could be catastrophic. I have been using Nuvigil for almost 16 months. When I was younger I was diagnosed with ADD and took Ritalin which helped but as I got older taking that was not realistic. Nuvigil has been a godsend. I am able to articulate my thoughts clearly, finish tasks at hand efficiently and timely, and also having ADD with Nuvigil it almost propels me in some weird microcosm of being smarter than 90% of the people around me. I am not sure how or why but that is my story and I gain nothing from this except hoping to help someone else who is lost in the woods "

Life Changing (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypersomnia: "Taking Nuvigil 200 mg for daytime sleepiness due to Multiple Sclerosis."

Akm27 April 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Narcolepsy: "So I've been researching the generic nuvigil ever since my insurance company decided that even though my Dr said I needed to remain on brand name that they wouldn't pay for it anymore (at first they paid half making my out of pocket $500 but after one fill they said they'd pay nothing). I wanted to keep an open mind and tried to forget everything I read. But it really isn't anywhere near as effective. I had been in 250 mg of nuvigil for almost 5 years and was able to live a normal life for someone in their mid 20's to early 30's but since switching I feel a shell of my normal self. I'm physically exhausted, can't get out of bed in the morning regardless of how much sleep I've had the night before, and feel like I'm in a fog all day long."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I have been taking nuvigil since 2012 started on provigil built a tolerance against it in 2 months. I take 250 mg a day but I split the pill and take each half at specific times usually between 6-9 am the other at 3pm to 6pm (depends when I took the first one) seems to help me stay awake a little more that way. It lasts for about 1-2 hours on me with each half."

N3rd1975 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Narcolepsy: "I've just switched from Modafinil to Armodafinil. I take twice a day dividing the 150 mg tablet into 2 parts with full meal. With Modafinil I had eye-irritation. It wasn't serious, but good enough to make me worried cause I already have glaucoma. The eye irritation reduced as I divided my dosage of 200 mg Modafinil into 2 times with a full meal. Though it may reduce the effectiveness, but the side-effect alleviation was more prominent. This prompted me to take Armodafinil cause I thought I may reduce the dosage further. Hence started with Armodafinil 150 mg and I think the plan has really worked out. The eye irritation effect is virtually non-existent! Still it's early days to comment on other properties, but I will as they become evident.."

Momtazul Arefin (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Narcolepsy: "Hi I'm on the second day of armodafinil 150 mg and kind a feeling wired, feeling like off balance more then before can't stay focused and having a light headaches it's this is normal reaction when you first start the medication?"

Ivonka February 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "It was effective, but it made my hair fall out. When I told the doctor, his response was, "That's not a side effect." I did my own research - It IS a side effect. It is a serious side effect that the doctor's don't tell you about. I switched doctors and medication."

Sytse (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "I just started taking Nuvigil. Today is day 2. Before Nuvigil I have been suffering for the past 3 years or so with marked fatigue. First I decided I should do a sleep study. They discovered that I have sleep apnea and I stop breathing about 50 times an hour. I got the CPAP machine and used it every night for the past 3 months. It didn't make the difference I was hoping. So, I talked to my Dr again and since I have young children I didn't want a sleeping medication and so he prescribed Nuvigil. Its been a life changer. I have the energy I used to have when playing with the kids and taking them outside instead of laying on the couch everyday."

Nunwithgun (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I didn't get the best results from this medication. Does not last long. I have to take 3X recommend does to be productive throughout the day. Not what I expected."

Workaholic58 December 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Immediate lifting of depression; gave me my life back. Best to take 1/2 of 250mg very early on empty stomach with lots of water. I find it best taken around 5 am, go back to bed and wake later feeling great. Take another half before noon if needed, but, again, have an empty stomach and big glass of water. After a week or so, effects not as strong and can make you feel paradoxically very tired. Take 2-3 days off, and it will resume working. Be cautious and mindful of how your personality may be affected; reduce dosage if you're getting "too happy" overly friendly and too talkative. Also, it really focuses you and its good to make an effort to "break" the hyperconcentration by taking a break, a walk outside, hot shower. I've been taking 4 yrs"

davetrindle November 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "I have had HIV/AIDS for over 30 years. Needless to say that chronic fatigue has always been one of my biggest obstacles. I found this drug through an interview done by Diane Sawyer a few years back (referred to as its original name Provigil). I started Nuvigil/Armodafinil 200 mg soon after. My world went from black & white to living color. I was even able to have a late afternoon lie down for 30 minutes to an hour and wake up feeling great again. No feelings of speediness or anxiety. At first I started with the Armodafinil 200 mg but then went down to 150 mg because I did notice a slight tendency to a bit more aggressive later in the day or early evening after a few months use. After going down to 150mg it evened out and felt great."

Mojohinton November 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Nuvigil has given me myself and my life back and I am so grateful! My doc first gave it to me about 7 years ago. The script was for 5-10 days. Tried it again a few years later after a bad episode and again for 5-10 days. It was like a magical pill that within 1 day snapped me out of a rough episode! Fast forward to this past April or May, probably my worst depressive episode ever started in March. Anyway, started back on nuvigil as an ongoing med. NOTHING! Ran out and couldn't get to my doc so I ran out. So glad I did bc I got back on it Thursday night and I was feeling better Friday! I do take other antidepressants so I don't know how this works on its own. I never post here but had to in hopes that my story will help someone!"

FLUFFHEAD November 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Narcolepsy: "On my second month of generic and I will be doing what is needed to get name brand Nuvigil at next refill. I've been the person I was prior to Nuvigil several years ago. I have also had a constant headache. My nose sinuses have felt very congested with little to no production. I do have allergies so possible has nothing to do with the generic. But typically after a round of allergy meds it clear and this has been ongoing for 2 months now. I can take the generic and within an hour be asleep. I feel like I did years ago before Nuvigil. I was happy for a generic because of the reduced co-pay. However I'm ready to pay the higher cost for the name brand so I can get back to my life!"

Hstar1907 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "Always a total skeptic about meds but.....OH MY GOD!! First time user of this medication. Took 500mg dose around 6 hours ago. Have been on a 10/10 rush since then. Unbelievable!!! Feeling basically Top Gun alert, at ninja readiness, shaking slightly in anticipation. Very similar experience to having a damn good md-cap....from what I've been told :) . Do very long work shifts 16-17 hours and this seems unbelievable. Too feel this good at the conclusion of such a shift is total madness. I think the potential for abuse of this medication must be astronomical. I note it does apparently have some moderate dopaminergic effects and I can certainly feel this to some extent."

Maverick T.G October 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I had been taking Provigil for the past 4 yrs. Two years ago I was in a car accident and have been suffering back pain, which would not even subside with percoset. After reading some reviews I learned lower back pain is a side effect from Provigil. I was taking 400 milligrams daily into separate 200 milligram doses while working graveyard shift. Provigil has worked great however I just switched to Nuvigil today in hopes that my back pain will go away."

Rob2102 September 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Narcolepsy: "This drug is nowhere near its counterpart. I am sleepy during the day; I have a hard time at work, like right now. It does NOT work."

0pam September 27, 2016