User Reviews for Armodafinil

Hypersomnia
6.6

Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.4 289 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "Brand name Nuvigil works great to keep me awake and alert while working a busy and long night shift in a position (paramedic) where I must be alert . Energy drinks just don’t cut it . I was also switched to generic (Sandoz) and was drowsy throughout the entire nights and with a very distracting headache. I stopped them all and plan to get back on the real stuff if it doesn’t break me. I can still perform as I have for 20 years but it takes a good bit of effort to keep my brain kicking at 3 am... thanks for listening "

Kev (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "As a shift worker doing the graveyard hours I needed something to stay sharp in the wee hours. This did the trick. But when my Dr first put me on it had trouble getting to bed at a reasonable time and stayed awake building things. I completed a new deck, slabbed out a patio on the back yard, and returned to school to study a new profession."

Edward (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2018

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "I have OSA (obstructive sleep apnea), fibro, CFS, depression. Continuous positive airway pressure machine (CPAP) helps, but not enough. I have brain fog, & can't function well physically or mentally. My doctor prescribed Provigil. Strong side effects, expensive, not ins. covered, but Provigil allowed me to be a wide awake contributing adult! Due to cost and side effects, I took Provigil 4-5 times a week when I needed to be awake & functioning. Later I was switched to Nuvigil. Less side effects, ins.covered, not foggy. I felt awake, organized, eager to get up, do things. The usual didn't overwhelm me. I looked forward to life. Nuvigil Significantly positively affected my life. When Nuvigil suddenly wasn't available I agreed to the generic - armodafinil. It is not the same. I take the med expecting to feel awake. Never happens. Armodafinil takes away some brain fog, but I still feel tired, depressed, moody, & have trouble finding words. The mfg. is Mylan. I called to see if I could switch the mfg company. Yes. I hope that will help."

Sleepydoc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2018

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I have taken nuvigil for having two jobs and it is a great help....no negative side effects...except for my wallet! I recently got a coupon, tried to use it and the price with my insurance ( not medicare, etc or public assist) was over $125.00 although coupon said first script free and refills as low as $5.00!!!! Not true!!!! Now have to go back to Dr. and get script for generic. Mom is right.....Nothing is free. This is poor business procedure."

Kidd (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "I am still sleepy, 1 take 250 mg in mornings and an hour later I can sleep. Before I could stay awake until I reached the bed, now I fall asleep doing normal things."

Welly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Hypersomnia: "Brand Nuvigil (150mg) was remarkably effective in waking my brain and keeping me from sleeping all day. It was a life changer for me for a few months, until, for insurance reasons, I was given generic Armodafinil manufactured by Mylan. It was completely ineffective. My Dr. recommended an increase in dose to 1 1/2 tabs, then 2 tabs (300mg) with absolutely no effectiveness, not even a side effect. There are similar reviews and reports of ineffectiveness well documented by people all over the web about the Mylan Armodafinil generic. There is another manufacturer of generic Armodafinil-- Teva. I had to call around to different pharmacies to find this generic, but it was well worth it as it is working for me. Interestingly, Teva also makes the brand name Nuvigil. Hmmm."

Sage (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "This medicine is ok. I like Provigil. I was first on Provigil for 19 years. Doctor took me off with out reason. The detox is awful. It is just not as strong as Nuvigil. Nuvigil is strong. And Provigil kept me up longer. Wondering why..???"

Amanda9870 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Depression: "I have suffered from treatment resistant. severe, chronic depression for 25 years. Tried all meds wchich either didn't work or quit working, or side effects were not tolerable. I've had ECT and TMS also. About a year and a half ago my doctor prescribed Nuvigil. It saved my life! No side effects, works within an hour. It does wear off in the evening and sometimes I become depressed but I know that the next day I will be OK, unlike the endless hopelessness of depression without Nuvigil. I can't understand why none of the drug companies will conduct tests and use it to help more people in my situation."

Didee (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

For ADHD: "This helps slow down thoughts in my head"

Trace (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 11, 2018

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I have been on nuvigil for almost a year now, this has been the only stimulant to work for me. I have narcolepsy and ADHD. So adderall and it’s relative medicines actually make more more of a zombie, albeit a very focused zombie. Nuvigil does not cause my heart to race ( I also have mitral valve prolapse ) it does not negatively effect my anxiety. This medicine has been a life saver for me! It does effect my ability to feel hunger. I don’t get hungry until around 2 pm but honestly, this is a good thing bc when I eat I become very tired. This is due to the nature of Narcolepsy. We are low on orexin, so when we eat what little orexin we have gets ‘turned off’. Orexin is the chemical in the brain that helps regulate wake and sleep. Orexin on means awake, orexin off means asleep. Orexin is directly effected by food intake."

Lynne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2018

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "DO NOT USE THIS MED !!! NOTHING LIKE THE BRAND, NUVIGIL !!! I had received a free 30 day supply of Nuvigil with their savings card and it worked wonders for my sleep apnea & shift work disorder (night shift) !!! I was able to work night shift after being on day shift for many years w no problem!!! I was able to stay awake, be alert to do my job & be in a great mood !!! Got ready to get my refill & my insurance WOULD NOT COVER IT & even with the savings card a 30 day supply was gonna cost me $600 !!! My insurance would cover this generic so I decided to try it !!! The generic is NOTHING like Nuvigil!!! Takin generic made me more sleepy than I think I would have been w out taking anything !!! I could barely hold my eyes open, could not concentrate & felt like I had been drinking alcohol !! Could not get my thoughts together good enough to complete my job !! I will NEVER take this medication again !!!"

Never again (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with narcolepsy over the summer and the insurance company would only cover armodafinil. My doctor wanted me to try that for three months and see how it went. There were days that I felt great and like myself again, but there were too many days that I was exhausted. A lot of days I was struggling to get out of bed or calling asleep in the middle of the day. When I went back to the doctor and told him, he said many of his patients have the same problem with the generic. So he started me on Nuvigil which took the insurance company a few days, but I got it. I've been on the Nuvigil for four months now and the difference is amazing! There are few days I feel like I did before my diagnosis now, and those days are usually when I have a cold or when it's that time of the month."

Kimberlyyy February 22, 2018

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I had been on Nuvigil (Brand name) for 5 years and it worked perfect for me. It did what it was supposed to do and what I was taking it for. When switched to the generic version of Nuvigil (denied brand over generic by insurance several times even though my doctor told them I was stabilized on the brand name) and it has drastically changed my life for the worse. It does not work, period. I am more tired after taking the generic and have GI problems. The generic version of Nuvigil is NOT the same as the brand name, AT ALL. It is pathetically sad how others can make a decision that changes your life so significantly."

SuzRN88 January 26, 2018

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "Took 75mg in am for daytime fatigue believed related to OSA. This dose caused me to feel a bit disoriented and yielded a significant day-long headache. It did improve my alertness and ability to stay awake on the job. I cut back to 1/2 of my prescribed dose to see if it would still help and not yield the persistent headache and disorientation. At that level (37.5mg) I still got improved alertness and prevented the headache. I am experimenting with when to take the dose; and if I can take a noon dose for afternoon alertness without the headache. A noon to 2PM dose seems to not wear off completely by bedtime. Continuing to see if I can use the product or should ask for a different prescription."

OSA Steve January 9, 2018

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "Ihad taken NUVIGIL for over 5 years and it was GREAT! Then last Fall 2016 I was switched to the generic armodafinil and it has been downhill since. The generic does NOT work for me. I am back like I was before I was given the REAL NUVIGIL! My Dr. ordered the real NUVIGIL, but the Co-pay was over $500 for 30 day supply. Talk about greed. I cannot afford that kind of money, as my RX bill is quite high with all of my diabetic supplies."

SRBDLB (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2017

For Hypersomnia: "Diagnosis of Idyopathic Hyposomnia about 15 months ago, prescribed Modafinil 4 tbs a day. Over time lasting power decreased dramatically. 3weeks ago was prescribed Armodafinil. Side effects are quite debilitating, Dizziness, nausea, and and a big increase in migraine headaches. The overwhelming sleepiness is bad, impacting on daily life. Finding Armodafinil is only lasting about 6 hours so definitely no night driving. I can really feel the come down as it wears off. Disappointed as I was really hoping for some improvement in life quality."

Katerina1003 August 29, 2017

For Hypersomnia: "I've been on this medication off and on for 2 years now for my add and hypersomnia, and it works. I was also prescribed ritalin. I think the ritalin works a little better but doesn't last that long. So I take one nuvigil in the morning and two 10mg tablets of ritalin in late afternoon."

Coolman408 August 25, 2017

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I am 38 and I have been taking this medicine two weeks and I am having serious problem breathing and getting a deep breath in, my inhaler does not help. I have diarrhea and my face has broken out worse than it ever did when I was a teenager. I have also had random pounding, sharp, shooting headaches come out of no where."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2017

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "After years of struggling with sleep disorders I went through 2 sleep studies, a battery of tests including echo and bloodwork. Once they find out from sleep studies I have mild obstructive sleep apnea, nocturnal eating disorder, REM resistant sleep disorder, and upper airway resistant syndrome they put me on a CPAP machine and after much pushing I finally got approved for Nuvigil because I am still tired even with CPAP. My fatigue not only comes from sleep disorders but I also have Type 2 diabetes, Vitamin D3 Deficiency, and Depression fatigue. Any who I started on Nuvigil like 2 days ago at 150 mg and at first it was perfect but very quickly I've become desensitized to the either the med or dose 150 wears off after 6hours."

JennyLynn4eva (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: "Diag early onset Parkinson's at 46yo. I was having off and on again sleep attacks in the afternoons. No amount of coffee can power you through one. This keeps me through the afternoon."

mjbaz2002 June 17, 2017

For Hypersomnia: "I've taken 250 mg Nuvigil for years, the product gave me my life back. I can't express how significant it was finding a medication that could wake up my brain, and allow me to function. August 2016, Mylan release the first generic version. My insurance company immediately quit covering Branded Nuvigil. Week one - I realized it was 50% effective at keeping me awake. Followed by increasing anxiety, insomnia, inability to complete complex tasks, memory issue due to mental fog. Dr compensated - adding medications for the side effects. Three weeks ago, given a trial of branded Nuvigil - the difference is amazing. No anxiety, no insomnia, accomplishing more at work in a week - than I have in two months."

Tech Mama (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2017

For Depression: "I take Seroquel XR, it helps with the depression but makes me tired. I am taking 250mg Nuvigil to give me a bit of energy. It seems to take two hours to really hit, then I get a rush of anxiety. That last for about ninety minutes. It smooths out about 3 and a half hours in. Then at 5 hours there is a drop-off. I get lethargic and a bit down for an hour or so, then the evening is largely the best period. It does seem to help, but it also hurts. I don't know. I never do."

Lifelong depression struggle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2017

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "Well, this is not the magic pill for me. I have been on Adderall and Provigil and have not been able to tolerate/liked either. I had hoped Provigil would help since I have heard such good things about it helping people who suffer from fatigue. I had to snap the 200mg Provigil in half AND only take it after eating a full meal in order to not shake and not have my muscles tense up and chest feel tight. It was pretty much like caffeine. It woke my body up but not my mind. I still craved a nap and had brain fog. I told my Dr. about this and she suggested trying Nuvigil. I have been on it two days and it feels the same as Provigil. Maybe a little more tolerable, but no magic "I feel incredible!" feeling. Boooooo."

Iwantanewdrug (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

For Depression: "I've taken nuvigil off and on for about a year, along with 20mg lexapro. I take it as needed for depression and daytime sleepiness (I was falling asleep while driving). I find that it makes me agitated and irritable if I take it every day, so I only take 150mg when my depression is causing extreme lethargy and lack of motivation. When I do take it, it usually works within an hour. I am motivated, focused, and productive on this medication. It even helps with my social anxiety, and I find that I'm more cheery and outgoing. I'm more talkative too, but in a good way - not in a manic way. The problem? It wears off after 6-8 hours, sometimes leaving me with a headache. Overall, however, it has been a big help to me!"

Callie1217 May 10, 2017

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I work two full-time jobs in Information Technology on a high level at both jobs. I have to be razor sharp or the effects could be catastrophic. I have been using Nuvigil for almost 16 months. When I was younger I was diagnosed with ADD and took Ritalin which helped but as I got older taking that was not realistic. Nuvigil has been a godsend. I am able to articulate my thoughts clearly, finish tasks at hand efficiently and timely, and also having ADD with Nuvigil it almost propels me in some weird microcosm of being smarter than 90% of the people around me. I am not sure how or why but that is my story and I gain nothing from this except hoping to help someone else who is lost in the woods "

Life Changing (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2017