User Reviews for Armodafinil (Page 2)

Also known as: Nuvigil

Drowsiness 6.0
Summary of Armodafinil reviews 7.1 336 reviews

Reviews for Armodafinil

Hunter · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “After finally going to the doctor for feeling drained 24/7 I took the sleep latency test and found that I have narcolepsy. The doctor started me out in 150 mg Armodafinil and I really didn’t feel anything. They then told me to double up on the 150 mg every morning meaning 300mg (TOO much). This slightly helped so to be more cost efficient they put me on 250mg. Some days it feels ok some not. Although if I miss a day of it I feel so ill and grumpy it’s ridiculous. All in all it doesn’t work very well which saddens me because most people think it’s the best thing ever. I can literally take it and sleep the rest of the day if that tells you anything”

peque · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “This medication did not even touch me! I took Nuvigil instead, but nothing works. The best Narcolepsy medications are are Dexedrine and Methamphetamine.”

Cat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 17, 2019

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “I have had CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) for many years undiagnosed until recently. I was almost bedridden, had to miss lots of days at work and thought that I would have to file disability. My dr. Prescribed Nuvigil 50 mg. I have not missed any work due to illness . It has gave me my life back. Praise God for it.”

Arturo Pedrego August 15, 2019

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “It has made my world a different place, I've been on Nuvigil for 3 years. My ability to think and perform my job have been restored and enhanced to a higher state of mind. I have read it is used by the military pilots for long missions without the aggression side effects of amphetamine based medication.”

Bootsie · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “I have had fibromyalgia many years. Mental fatigue led to physical inactivity which was made worse by several orthopedic surgeries. My sister had fibro too and both of us have RA and sleep disorders. She was given the Nuvigil to stop sitting comatose in her chair all day. She is thrilled that she now has her life back, completely things she put off five years. So I asked my sleep doc for Nuvigil. He gave me 150 mgs. Took for three days and my whole body felt very tense, trouble sleeping and headache. I seemed to have a little more energy. I stopped Nuvigil two days and tried again with a half pill. That is perfect for me for brain clarity and focus. No side effects at all at a half pill. I'm very happy that I am now taking care of things I needed to do ten years ago. It is wonderful for me. 500 mgs turmeric twice a day really cuts the pain.”

dianemob July 13, 2019

For Depression: “I've had severe treatment resistant depression for 25 years. I tried meds, ect, tms but nothing worked. 3 years ago I was taking 4 prozac, and 2 lamictal and I was still extremely depressed. 3 years ago my doctor decided to try Nuvigil. It saved my life. And also gave me my life back. Within 1 hour after the first dose I was back to normal. I started being more social, finding hobbies, and most important of all - I had peace of mind. ”

artemina · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “I was prescribed this for Narcolepsy when I was 16 (am 23 now). My doctor wanted to prescribe to me Modafinil, its sister drug, but for reasons unknown to me (idk maybe insurance or laws. I really don't remember). I had an adverse reaction that sent me to the hospital. Almost went into cardiac arrest and probably would've had I not gone to the emergency room when I did. Uncontrollable shaking and heart palpitations (heart rate 160+).”

TroutGirl · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I started Nuvigil on Tuesday and it is now Thursday. So I have three days experience using it. I'm 54 and I have suffered lifelong depression I have sleep disorder and I sleep may be 2 to 3 hours a night, with revolving thoughts that won't stop. I've tried over 65 medications and none of them have worked. But when I took Nuvigil within one hour my head silenced for the first time in my life. All those thoughts and worries that keep me constantly in a state of panic and anxiety went away and I can concentrate and think. But here's the bad side, I can't orgasm. Are any other people having sexual side effects? And if so does it go away?”

Abbie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 26, 2019

For ADHD: “Adderall, and Ritalin made me sick to my stomach, edgy, and I couldn’t sleep. The side effects were horrible and just not worth it. I am now on armodafinil. I have never in my life felt as great as I do now since taking it. I do have adult ADHD, never knew that was what my issue was. I am now focused, motivated, and don’t have “the forgets” all the time. As I said I have never felt better. I have no side effects at all. Best medicine I have ever been on. It has changed my life. Just wished I’d have been on it sooner.”

imdawoman · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “First day on it so I know I could have complications but I can say it sure does feel great to not fall asleep at the wheel, at my desk, on the couch, all day long.....”

Jwoch · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “Tried for massive fatigue related to MS and had high hopes. Unfortunately, it made me so dizzy I could hardly stand, gave me extreme diarrhea and nausea. I’m looking forward to the side effects going away and going back to my normal exhausted self.”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2019

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “CHRONIC chronic fatigue sufferer here. Have been taking Adderal for years with mixed results. Was very hopeful for this medication but it did absolutely nothing for my mental or physical tsate. If anything I would say it had the opposite effect and put me to sleep. Extremely frustrated and disappointed.”

dianemob · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 11, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: “I've had treatment resistant depression for 25 years. Nothing worked. A theory was bipolar without mania - only depression. In the bipolar spectrum I would rate 5 - family history with no mania, only depression. Long story short - Nuvigil saved my life. I could feel peace of mind, contentment, pleasure, increased social interaction and libido. I've been taking Nuvigil for almost 3 years and have had to increase numerous times to the point where I take bigger doses. I've never had any side effects. Now my doctor won't increase my dose. Over the past year I've watched myself gradually go downhill to the point where I've become socially isolated, can't feel pleasure, etc. The docs worry about side effects at a higher dose. Why can't anyone understand that no side effect is worse than having major depression? ”

AnttiKokko · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2019

For ADHD: “It didn't do what it was supposed to do. It made me more tired while having MS brain fog.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2019

For Drowsiness: “I'm recently diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia. It's affected my life since I was a teen. I'm now 37. I've been on Armodafinil (mnfr: Mylan) about 3 months. The first 2 months was 150 mg with no relief of symptoms and an increase in headaches/migraines. Sleeping nearly all day. My dose was increased to 250 mg which I'm currently on for nearly 4 weeks still no relief. I feel like it makes me more tired. I still sleep a lot throughout the day and evening. I get a full night's sleep as well. I still have an increase in headaches/migraines along with occasional nausea. I read a previous review about the generic brand manufactured by Mylan not working as well as the generic manufactured by the name brand manufacturer or the name brand itself. I don't know if there's a difference between them. Armodafinil produced by Mylan is all I've tried. I really hoped this medicine would change the quality of my life, but it didn't. I'm happy it has worked for some people.”

Helpless until well · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 23, 2019

For Depression: “I have Depression. The reason for sadness that includes several other conditions. Acute stress disorder, anxiety etc. May not work for you. Need a psychiatrist to get as much medicine as I do. I take Nuvigil brand name 250 mg 3 times a day, with Viibryd 20 mg 3 times a day and Enlyte (red soft capsule) 3 times a day. They have saved my life. Without these my life was miserable. I pray one day I won’t need it. I aged and then was in ICU after an operation. Life changed for me after that. Insurance won’t cover Enylte yet. I get it from the Enlyte company without a prescription cost me $150.00 a month. Need a prescription at pharmacy for it.”

Kim · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 2, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “I have been on this for a year now, I have fibromyalgia with chronic fatigue. I take this for the chronic fatigue and it honestly makes me feel normal for the most part and I am able to take naps or sleep etc.. It doesn't help me with fibro pain but not laying in bed focusing on the pain is gone.”

Autumn · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2019

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “I work 8:30pm-6:30am 4 nights a week, with 3 days off. I have a hard time sleeping during the day, which means I have a hard time staying awake when I’m working all night. I started armodafinil 150 mg today before my night shift. I only slept 2-4 hours today, but I feel like I slept 10 hours. I’m wide awake and super productive at work. I usually drink 200-300mg of caffeine at work, but I won’t be drinking any caffeine tonight because I don’t feel like I need it. I recommend drinking lots of water and eating with the pill. My side effects: headache (probably from lack of caffeine), racing heart, nausea, hot (feels like I took a thermogenic). I also don’t like that it can cause birth control to be ineffective, but the benefits outweigh the side effects for me. I would definitely recommend!”

Sleepy December 8, 2018

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “Been telling Drs 20yrs about being excessively tired. Finally broke down bawling to my current Dr this year, she sent me for Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) and I failed test. Finally had my diagnosis. Dr put me on Ritalin LA 20mg, lost potency within 5 days, increased dose to 30mg, still didn't work, seen sleep specialist, he put me on nuvigil, took it couple days, did not help at all! In fact it made me feel like I was going through withdraw from suboxone I take and felt it made narcolepsy worse. I take suboxone because 10yrs ago I used pain pills to "give me energy", I got addicted to pain pills obviously. Been on suboxone 6yrs. I was hoping I finally have a diagnosis of narcolepsy I could get on right meds and get off suboxone. My Dr wanted to put me on ritalin 20mg LA for morning and ritalin 10mg for afternoon but insurance wouldn't cover it. Only 30mg as a whole. I honestly think the dose she wanted to put me on would have helped but the insurance knows best right? Makes me so mad!”

Billw · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 4, 2018

For Narcolepsy: “Former ultra runner. 2 lumbar, 2 cervical, and a right temp lobe surg for epil for god measure. Narcolepsy from spinal insults. Started on the ADHD meds, moved to modafinal. Importantly, both Mod.& Arm. take an hour to kick in. I take 100mg of caffeine with it in the AM; 7:00. Arm. & Mod. also interfere with pain meds. I can "get it done", but need more caffeine at 4:00. I also crash right after dinner. I get a month for $40.”

OU_Comanche October 2, 2018

For Narcolepsy: “Nuvigil worked fine for me for the first 6 months or so but then not only did it stop working, but now actually makes me more tired when I take it. My narcolepsy has been debilitating. Due to the ineffectiveness of nuvigil my doctor added a stimulant to my treatment. When I take the stimulant I feel great. The weird thing is now when I take the nuvigil I feel like it completely counters the stimulant and I get really tired again. So tired that it's not safe for me to drive. I know nuvigil is a godsend to others with narcolepsy & that's great. I'm envious of you because I hate being in stimulants.”

Bambinah · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2018

Nuvigil (armodafinil) for Narcolepsy: “This medication takes time to get into and out of my system. The transitions are terrible for me. Lots of anxiety and scatterbrains. I am very emotional on this medication. When I am tired of the lump in my throat I quit taking it. When I can't stay awake and my job is at risk I try again. The end results are always the same. I don't want to do anything, go anywhere, and can't quit crying. The first time I took it 2 months. The second time I took it 5 months. And now I have been on it 5 days and am calling it quits. It does not keep me awake. I get huge headaches. There is no reason to live for me while using this medication.”

Kev · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 15, 2018

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: “Brand name Nuvigil works great to keep me awake and alert while working a busy and long night shift in a position (paramedic) where I must be alert . Energy drinks just don’t cut it . I was also switched to generic (Sandoz) and was drowsy throughout the entire nights and with a very distracting headache. I stopped them all and plan to get back on the real stuff if it doesn’t break me. I can still perform as I have for 20 years but it takes a good bit of effort to keep my brain kicking at 3 am... thanks for listening ”

Edward · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 15, 2018

For Narcolepsy: “As a shift worker doing the graveyard hours I needed something to stay sharp in the wee hours. This did the trick. But when my Dr first put me on it had trouble getting to bed at a reasonable time and stayed awake building things. I completed a new deck, slabbed out a patio on the back yard, and returned to school to study a new profession.”

Sleepydoc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 12, 2018

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I have OSA (obstructive sleep apnea), fibro, CFS, depression. Continuous positive airway pressure machine (CPAP) helps, but not enough. I have brain fog, & can't function well physically or mentally. My doctor prescribed Provigil. Strong side effects, expensive, not ins. covered, but Provigil allowed me to be a wide awake contributing adult! Due to cost and side effects, I took Provigil 4-5 times a week when I needed to be awake & functioning. Later I was switched to Nuvigil. Less side effects, ins.covered, not foggy. I felt awake, organized, eager to get up, do things. The usual didn't overwhelm me. I looked forward to life. Nuvigil Significantly positively affected my life. When Nuvigil suddenly wasn't available I agreed to the generic - armodafinil. It is not the same. I take the med expecting to feel awake. Never happens. Armodafinil takes away some brain fog, but I still feel tired, depressed, moody, & have trouble finding words. The mfg. is Mylan. I called to see if I could switch the mfg company. Yes. I hope that will help.”