User Reviews for Modafinil

Hypersomnia
6.7

Summary of Modafinil reviews 7.9 300 reviews

Reviews for Modafinil

For ADHD: "Diagnosed PTSD depression and anxiety over 25 years ago. I've been on anti depressants and anti anxiety meds but never felt even 75% better. Tried Modafinil - great. Out of bed, no anxiety or very little. Now doctor thinks I have ADD so was prescribed Adderall. I hate it. I can't tell how well it's working because of having to cope with the anxiety and crashes it causes. Stopped Adderall and tried modafinil again and feel so much better. I don't know exactly what my condition is beyond PTSD. But modafinil has been a life saver. The cost which insurance won't cover Is too high and you do build up a tolerance to it. You have to stop sometimes to clear your system. If I take a high does it doesnt work, or I feel terrible. I take only 50mg at a time-lasts about 4 hours right now..cuts the cost down Never had withdrawals just some sleepiness. Better Compared to other drugs and the horrible side effects and addiction potential."

Ccr September 17, 2018

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: "If you’re looking at “smart drugs,” this review won’t help. Modafinil gives me relief after decades of exhaustion from complex sleep apnea. I use CPAP, but the struggle is real and 200mg modafinil 1x/day makes waking up SO much easier. I have to be strategic about when I take it because it does wear off. Anxiety does not appear to be worse than usual when on this dose, maybe bc I feel more in control. For instance, I can easily decide what needs to be done next and it actually seems doable (poor sleep=reduced cognitive function; often I can't quite pin down the best next step & when I can it seems disproportionately difficult). It's not perfect, but it's a big improvement. Relatives who didn't know I was taking it have noted an increase in my energy and focus. The dr. watches my blood pressure while I’m on it but it’s also easier to make better food & drink choices when I’m not about to fall asleep at any moment & it’s been fine."

Sleepy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2018

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "Was prescribed Modafinil for my fatigue, concentration issues and memory issues. I started taking 100 mg the first 2 weeks. Then I Increased to 200 mg. I feel no difference at all. I am just as tired etc as I am without it. I drink enough. I eat well. I'm not sleep deprived. It seems like it works well for many people. Not for me."

Notmah Reilneim (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

For ADHD: "Wow is all I can say. I asked my doctor about Modafinil for my excessive daytime sleepiness and hypersomnia. She mentioned it also might be helpful for my ADHD. I am also prescribed Adzenys (amphetamine) which is great for the cognitive and emotional dysregulation aspects of ADHD, but Modafinil handles other symptoms: overwhelmed mood that results in low energy, anxiety around task initiation, and of course excessive daytime sleepiness. This should be approved for ADHD. And no crash when it wears off!"

Catdad (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

For Depression: "I got just this and tried it today 200mg and its wonderfully working in 1st day. It's good for depression and for over sleep and laziness. I feel energetic"

Arch (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Depression: "A life-changer. I have treatment resistant depression and have been making the circuit of meds all my life. My depression is characterized by fatigue and lack of motivation. If I had found modafinil when I was younger, my life would have been completely different. But I am grateful I found it now. Along with my Lexapro, it’s exactly what I’ve needed."

DepressedInPortland (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "I have narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea and Modafinil works wonderfully for me. It gave me my life back"

Bonnie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "I love this stuff it keeps me alert and awake when I take it and has one major benefit. I always suffer from heart palpitations constantly all day long. My cardiologist ran every test he could and said my heart is perfectly healthy and that my palpitations are probably genetic since my father has them as well. When I take Modafinil my palpitations come to a stop, I will get about 6 hours palpitation free then they slowly come back as the meds ware off. I haven't checked with the cardiologist to see if he knows why this happens but it sure is nice to not feel my heart jumping every few minutes."

templeofdooom (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

For Hypersomnia: "I get body itching every time I take it, can anyone suggest if is ok to have it with anti allergy drugs? "

lee June 26, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "This drug has absolutely zero effect on me. I've taken doses from 50mg up to 400 mg and I don't feel anything. I can take it and go to sleep immediately. For me, this is basically a sugar pill. I wish I had the great experiences others report, but I seem to be a total non-responder."

Sleepy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "I’ve tried everything in the books, still on a desperate, [feels like] never ending search to find something that keeps me awake and functional for a day. I’ve been on Dexedrine for the past 5 years, and it’s by far my favourite, no side effects, prevents my cateplexy from occurring, however after a certain amount of time (I would say a year) I have to switch off of it for a few months because my body becomes used to it. Ritalin makes my heart go nuts + anxiety. Modafinil, I’ve been on it for four days and I hate it, I am so exhausted, doesn’t help at all with sleepiness, and it’s giving me INSANE mood swings. I’m a pretty happy, positive person, however this medication gives me bad anxiety, including an intense panic attack last night, makes me want to cry at everything, also feeling depressed. It’s like PMS times a million! Pay attention to your moods if you are trying it out. Good luck with all your narcoleptic journeys, one day we will feel awake!"

JackieZzzz May 9, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "I have had very little side effect on this medication and it helps a lot. There is stronger drugs out there but I cannot stand their side effects. So this is good for me and maybe others that dislike the side effects of other medications."

James (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2018

For Depression: "They should use it more"

nick (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Depression: "Within days of taking provigil with another antidepressant I was feeling so much better. I was starting a new job and really needed to be on top of things, not sad and teary eyed. It gave me focus, energy and a feeling of wellbeing, finally! Unfortunately my current insurance will not ok it for treatment of depression as that was not what it was originally used for. Very disappointing because it worked so well for so many years."

Connie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2018

For ADHD: "This is an untapped gem for people with ADHD. Yes I take it off label (particularly armodafinil) but it certainly works. Yes you might not feel as energetic as you do if you take adderall. But if you are looking for a change or just a break or every other week break from adderall to allow your poor brain and central nervous system some rest, this is for you."

Kt (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2018

For Depression: "I tried this medication for SAD (seasonal depression) complete lack of motivation and tiredness. I immediately felt my mood was enhanced and more positive and definitely helps with procrastination - got so much done. Not sure if I will take it every day as I've read it's best to have a break after a few days. Worked for me"

NONAME (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Depression: "I concentrate much better, my memory has improved and seem to be much cheerful. Wow, this is an incredible drug. I think I'm gonna go back to College and conquer my classes and get my degree."

Mackman007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "I took this for about two months. I did help me stay awake a little longer, but I was still having sleep attacks. The headaches/migraines were also unbearable. I also had to switch to a pharmacy that prescribed 60days not just 30. Without that it would have been 150$ a month with insurance."

Tori (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Narcolepsy: "This drug has made my husband have ED, he now is SO moody , irritable & nasty to live with... I have to live on other side of our home to avoid getter Blasted with his daily insults, demeaning belligerent horribleness!!"

DiannaPiano February 17, 2018

For Fatigue: "worked for 2 weeks"

dr law (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

For Depression: "I started Provigil (Modafinil) to treat the extreme fatigue due to major depressive disorder. I've only been taking 100mg daily for two days, but the effects are immediate. I can think faster and more clearly (no more brain fog), my depression is non-existent, and I have a tremendous boost of energy! The only side effect has been heart palpitations in the afternoon. I've read this goes away after about a week. Not bothersome enough to stop. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost to use it for depression. With an online coupon I was able to get it for under $70. All other pharmacies were between $115 and $600 for a month supply! And those prices are for the generic with coupon. Cash prices for brand name was a little over $1,000!"

SadandSleepy (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

For Fatigue: "Overall not good. Worked great at giving me focus, but took my appetite away and effects wore off after 5-6 hours when a headache kicked in. After about twenty uses it made me come out in an itchy red rash in exactly the same places on face and neck, but worse each time. Threw them away after 3 episodes of this."

JoJoIt December 17, 2017

Provigil (modafinil) for Narcolepsy: "I am a Nurse . I gave in and began to take Provigil because I could not safely transfer my clients for appointments . I could NOT stay awake behind the wheel of a car or any time I sat still .Provigil has been a life changer! I started with 100mg once a day 4 years ago. It still works and no side effects!"

Dozzzzzzzer (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2017

For Narcolepsy: "My insurance wouldn’t cover it without a prior authorization & it would’ve cost me $780 cash at other pharmacies. I shopped around & found it at CostCo for $35 (that’s correct: THIRTY-FIVE DOLLARS!) so don’t lose hope! My insurance has now approved it & my co-pay is $50 so I STILL get it at CostCo! This is an amazing drug that helps me stay awake for 8 hours, without euphoria or building a tolerance. It’s helped me reclaim my life from Narcolepsy & Fibromyalgia - no longer exhausted, but productive!"

LucyAinCO (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 15, 2017

For Shift Work Sleep Disorder: "Great stuff to stay awake and keep alertness throughout the night. It's a lifesaver for me. I use to pass out driving home every morning. Now I make it home safe."

Entity247 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2017