User Reviews for Armodafinil

Also known as: Nuvigil

Armodafinil Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Armodafinil to treat ADHD

"This helps slow down thoughts in my head"

Trace (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 11, 2018

"This drug nuvigil I took for 3 days only half a pill 250 mg dosage my whole body is swollen my body aches I have a horrible stomich with non stop diarrhea difficulty swallowing .I am still feeling horrible 2 days later after stopped taking it and I hope it goes away .this was the worst feeling I've ever had in my entire my life"

Taylor smith September 5, 2016

"My initial QbTest score was 99. I was prescribed Vyvanse 20mg but was supposed to be taking 3/day. I misunderstood and only took 1 early in the morning on the day of my follow up test. I have Nuvigil that I take occasionally for shift work sleep disorder. I took one to help stay alert on my afternoon drive to the follow up test. My QbTest score dropped from 99 to 12. I am sure that the Nuvigil is responsible because the Vyvanse was taken at the lowest dose and several hours outside the time window."

MCPSr. (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2016

"Nuvigil works great but my insurance won't pay for it because my diagnosis is not listed. I am a 54 year old who is going to college and working full time, I am having a very difficult time staying focused and keeping up. I can't afford the medication so I have been out for weeks. My neurologists gave me samples when I was diagnosed and I ran out and so did she."

Loverfield July 15, 2016

"I was diagnosed with ADD as a child, but my parents never put me on the drugs. At 30 I decided to see how the other half lived. Concerta, Vyvance, Focalin, etc, I've been prescribed them all. Most are pretty effective, but the jitters, nerves, sleeplesness, etc. were rough. I was prescribed Nuvigil because I didn't want the amphetamine base anymore and I had heard about it. Insurance wasn't happy, but it was approved. It is fantastic. My only complaint, and I'm guessing it's pretty rare, is that it makes me sleepy for the 1st week or so until my body adjusts. After that, clarity. No jitters, no moodiness, no sleep issues, nada. The mood elevating effects are nice too. It might not work for many this way but I would be lost without it."

mdss January 14, 2016

"I take this with other meds for my ADD and mania. Now my sentences come together and thought processes, I'm not always fighting to stay awake, I can concentrate on single subjects. Waking up in the morning from a night of Antipsychotic medication that knocks you out isn't a problem anymore. Would give it a 10 but it looses efficacy over time - moved from 250 mg. AM dose to 250 mg as soon as I awake and another 125 mg 4 hours later. Otherwise I feel a crash without my 2nd half dose. Find a coupon, this is no cheap drug."

Bipolar Bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 16, 2015

Nuvigil (armodafinil): "I GOT A 30 DAY SUPPLY OF 150 MG FOR FREE!!! It would have been $500 as I have no insurance. But my doc gave me a Nuvigil Savings Card!! Plus I get refills for $5! Can't believe my luck! So, please ask your doc for a card or coupon. It's good for both insured and uninsured. This promotion expires at the end of the year though. Not sure if they'll offer it in 2015. I've only been on it for two days but the results have been fantastic. I switched to this from Adderall, which gave me energy and made me more social but made me jittery and did not help with my concentration or organization. Nuvigil helps me stay focused, motivated and clear headed throughout the day."

RosyRabbit October 30, 2014

"This is a miracle pill for ADHD. After years of searching for a solution that would work with my chemistry, I feel so blessed."

aarontex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2012

Nuvigil (armodafinil): "Very effective. Eliminates the anxiety associated with ADHD. Able to process and function. None of the jittery side effects that I had with Adderall, Straterra or Concerta. It was the smoothest thing I ever took. The only two knocks is that the medicine is off labeled and will not be covered by my insurance. Out of pocket can be $3-$400 a month? I can't cover that, so my joy will be short lived. "

Djm0315 October 14, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil): "NUVIGIL is so far my best medication for ADD. I have both Asperger's Disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder, but NUVIGIL is mostly for my ADD. NUvigil has 1/10 the potency of amphetamine, suppresses hunger more than how much hunger INVEGA would produce, and helps me concentrate. The pill works very well, without the jitters. It also worked as relief for my depression, while taking an antidepressant."

carlospolo123 May 24, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil): "I've tried them all--Adderall, Ritalin, Focalin, etc. Nuvigil is somewhat effective, but I find I can only use it when I'm working alone. Too much people interaction is tough. It lasts so long, which can be good, but sometimes not. Even if I take it at 5:30 a.m., I feel like I can't drink even a 1/2 glass of wine in the evening. Also, sometimes I feel very dizzy in the afternoon when I'm on the drug. I'm only taking 40 mg."

KK-Santa Barbara May 7, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil): "Having been told over 12 yrs ago that I had ADHD I have tried several medicines. The main one I used is Adderall 30mg twice a day. This has proven very effective. Having tried both Provigil and Nuvigil both I believe Nuvigil to be the better of the two. None of the traditional side effects of speed and Nuvigil is very clean. So much so and I know this sounds goofy but you don't even realize it's working until you shake your head an realize how focused, alert and clear thinking you have been."

Shawn G. January 24, 2011

Nuvigil (armodafinil): "I went undiagnosed with severe ADHD for 20 years because another problem was complicating the diagnosis. I had been taking various energy drinks in an effort to concentrate. Just a few days ago, I was given a prescription for Nuvigil. Wow. This stuff hit me like a mac truck! It was unlike anything I have ever experienced. For once, I actually had the drive and motivation to organize things and get things done. I immediately proceeded to straighten every single thing in my room, down to the last bits of lint on the carpet. I like the new me. I hope it lasts."

Fablefan October 26, 2010

Nuvigil (armodafinil): "After a few days on Nuvigil (after experiencing Provigil) I found it to be excellent for my ADHD. Provigil made me feel anxious all day to the point I could not run or workout in comfort. The first day on Nuvigil was the only day I had this feeling. The side effects for me are dry mouth and suppressed appetite. It is so nice to be focused. The worst effect was muscle weakness! I went from running 7 miles to not being about to run more then 7 minutes. "

PinkInk September 14, 2009