User Reviews for Monistat 3

Vaginal Yeast Infection
3.6

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Monistat 3

1st infection · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I feel as if I’m being burned alive from the inside out. Like holy crap. It definitely helps to lay down and watch planet earth or listen to some calming music. But oh man. My vajayjay is screaming for help. These reviews are so relatable that it’s funny. I hope everyone fights thru it and feels back to normal asap.”

lindsey53 · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I give it 4/10 because although it’s an EXTREMELY unpleasant medicine, it does work. Even though it has always worked for me, it itches and burns like you absolutely wouldn’t believe. I literally have to use it like 3 hours before bedtime and take benedryl to be able to sleep. The first few hours after you put it in is a nightmare, (literally feels like ants crawling in and out of you and biting) and then it gets a little better. The more irritated I already am, the worse it tends to be for me. HOWEVER, I did discover that the Publix brand version of this medicine (the 3 day suppositories) doesn’t do that to me at all! Ive had 0 itching or burning with this one (and have used it several times). It’s also only $10 where as the monistat brand is a little more. I do wonder if I may just be allergic to something in Monistat, but either way I always just get the publix brand now.”

Dittydo · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “0/5 stars. Do not recommend. I used the monistat 3 day ovules. I only completed 2 days. I'd rather have the yeast infection. I've never in my life felt uncomfortable like that. I didn't sleep night 1 at all. Night 2 at around 3am I took a benedryl and got a few hours of sleep after sitting in a cold bath considering sitting on a steel brush for relief. If anyone suggests I ever use monistat again, I'm calling the cops on them.”

Nikki February 10, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and I developed a yeast infection after taking antibiotics. My ob/gyn said to take monistat 3 because the pill wasn't recommended during pregnancy. I completed day one of this product and so far I have no complaints. I will share a tip that really helped me in the past and now. Before using the product, put a thin layer of petroleum jelly around your vaginal area (not inside). This acts a skin protectant from the monistat and it helps soothe the irritation from the yeast infection. The burning was so minimal, I barely noticed it. I would recommend this product as a quick and affordable treatment for yeast infections.”

K · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So I’m writing this on night two of the treatment. This is my first ever yeast infection so I didn’t know what to expect. This yeast infection is the worst thing I’ve ever experienced. I thought my vagina was just going to fall off and run away to a dumpster. I feel so disgusting. BUT! On night one I wasn’t tears thinking this can’t be just a yeast infection that I must have something horribly worse (I don’t) but I was so scared. I went to the store at midnight to go get this medicine. I took it immediately when I got home falling asleep was difficult. It burned, it itched, it swelled. But I finally fell asleep and when I woke up n the morning it felt 10 time better than the night before. So if you can get past the burning and itching after applying the medication it will get better. It’s a process!!”

Kay October 4, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Believe it or not guys the reason why the medicine is burning so bad depends on if your yeast infection is really bad or not . The worse the infection the more it burns . Burning is a good thing it means that the medicine is actually working . Yes it’s a horrible experience but worth it in the end .”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Burned like crazy within 5 mins of using the vaginal cream insert. The most pain I have ever experienced. Brought me to tears as I wanted to scream in pain. I will not be continuing with days 2 and 3. I will use a different product. They should out on the outside of the box in bold letters that it may cause severe burning and itching, not "mild". They couldn't pay me to go through that again.”

Anonymous January 12, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “It is 1:19am and I just hit hour two of having this stuff in my who-ha. And guess what I just did? WENT IN THE BATHTUB TO RINSE THIS STUFF OUT!! I have had surgery’s and gotten tattoos and kicked by a horse. But guess what is more painful and torturing than all of that combined? Monistat. I don’t know if this will help and I don’t think I will even attempt night 2 or 3. It says “May cause slight itching and burning” when really it should say “imagine fire ants crawling up your vajayjay and building a colony”.”

Bee February 28, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am on the third hour of my first night taking Monistat 3 and I’m ready to rip my lady parts out. The burning and itching intensified by 10000 five minutes after inserting it and is VERY SLOWLY calming down and it’s driving me insane! I wish I would have read the reviews first. Not recommended ”

Victoria July 9, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Ok, so first. Thank you for the hilarious reviews but also I am feeling your pain. Even before reading the box I knew it was it gonna burn because even things like "hypoallergenic" and for "sensitive skin" will irritate my lady parts. So I knew it would be a bad ride but anything would be better than the already rashy burning feeling and other symptoms that come along with a Y/I, right? RIGHT?! So many wrongs. It feels like something with long pointy crawls is trying to tear it's way out of there. Oh and the topical cream?! Instant horrible reaction. Made the itching and burning feeling go from bearable to omg I just burned off my in inner and outer labia. Woke up and it still burns. I must endure 2 more nights of this torture. Pantiliners really do help”

Jaz · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Guyssss, Trick to using this stuff, literally and I mean LITERALLY, use it directly before bed. That’s the key. Once you insert, lay down and just lay there like a potato. For some reason laying down makes it not burn much. The minute you stand up you will feel the fire. I learned that from day 1. I’m on day 2, just inserted it and feel nothing. I refuse to get up lollll so just lay ladies.”

EMI · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was TERRIFIED of using Monistat after reading the comments but fortunately I didn't have the horrible burning. I had more problems getting the suppository inside. After about 2 mins it started itching but I just used the cream on the outside and all was good. I laid down and waited what seemed like forever for the burning to start but it didn't. I felt a few tingles but no burning. Just try it for yourself everybody is different”

Anonymous January 6, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Everyone is saying that they are experiencing this side effect of itching and burning when it clearly says that is part of the process! Make sure you all read the box. It says that this is something that occurs! Just take the full 3 days and you should be fine! It’s the medicine working”

KJ92 · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “WHYYYY DID I NOT READ THESE COMMENTS FIRST?! OMG!!! Literally the ONLY thing keeping me sane are these comments! I had to literally GET out the bed. It itches and burns SOOO BAD! I rather had dealt with the Y.I.!!! This stuff is HORRIBLE! RUN! GO GET A PRESCRIPTION! DO NOT USE THIS MESS! I just want to throw my vagina out!”

Susie · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Hi ladies just wanted to share so I'm on day one of Monistat 3 just inserted about 40 minutes ago. I just want to say it right away started burning and itching so bad I went crazy pacing the floor back onto the bed and back and forth I tried so hard to stay lying down so it could do it's job. I was just now finally able to lie down and sit still I wanted to put something inside me to itch it or numb it I thought maybe ice then thought yikes no I wanted so bad to rip my own vagina off lol but now it's eased off. I've figured out I think it depends on how bad your infection is every women is different. Ever heard the saying no pain, no gain? Well I think it burns and itches more when inserted because it's eating away at the yeast infection an it's doing its job. I hope I'm right. I'll be back to let you ladies know. I hope this helps you ladies and I hope I get better after all that. LOL take care all and God bless ❤”

CB February 17, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve only ever used doctor prescribed medication to get rid of a YI. I didn’t have time to go to the doctor so I went to the drug store and got Monistat 3. I had no idea what to expect but I inserted as directed. After a couple of minutes the burning and itching was unbearable. I thought for sure something was wrong so I got up and read the box. Some burning and itching can occur. It’s a nightmare. But it’s doing its job. Thank goodness for all these comments that let me know that I’m not alone. But I want my YI gone so I will do this for the other two doses!!!”

Hayhay · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was skeptical because of reviews. I’m on day 1 suppository of Monistat 3. I took 400mg of ibuprofen because I was scared. It doesn’t burn, or itch. I’m a hour in. I’ll leave another review on day 3.”

D · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Night one is very intense, burning and itching immediately, makes you want to crawl out of your skin. It lasted maybe 15-20 min then it subsided. The next morning I felt better, all the symptoms slowed down. You must wear a panty liner throughout the day. Night 2 and 3 were much better!!! Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. It works but you must suffer a bit.”

cirrostratus May 28, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I made a whole account on here to share some advice. I'm on day 1 and everyone's right, the itching's positively unbearable. But there are somethings I did that helped the itching a LOT. Do not let any of this medicine out of your body. Or if it does cold cloth wipe it off immediately. Once this stuff gets on your outside bits it's a whole new kind of suffering. The internal symptoms were so insignificant in comparison for me, I didn't even notice the internal itching and burning whatsoever until after I learned to basically put a tissue over the top of my vag like a sink stopper. Just wanted to share some advice that might keep someone from ripping their labia off. It's been 7 hours. I feel amazing. The initial itching is awful, I didn't have much burning myself. But after about 2 hours after applying it I felt normal. Like I didn't have an infection at all. Definitely not excited for the next two days, but it's so worth it.”

First ever YI August 27, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “100% recommend! I was sooooo itchy I wanted to scratch my vajayjay with a Brillo pad it was horrible! Night 1: no burning or extra itch in sight. I have to say the stuff does leak out (Expected) so wear a pants liner Night 2: feeling soooo so so much better then yesterday! Minimal itching compared to days b4. Night 3: feeling like myself and so happy my friend got me this! Just a little irritated from scratching a few days b4 but itching is pretty much gone! Yeeees!”

Bentley January 19, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Listennn!!! It’s 11:56pm and I just went in the tub to wash out the monistat 3 medicine! Day 1 was painful but bearable pain. Felt extreme itching and burning inside my vagina and the discomfort was better without the treatment. Day two was similar but I felt the infection going away by then. Day three I felt I didn’t need the treatment but I wanted to finish it off... Now I’m on here typing giving my review!!! And I’m here laying in pain because it’s causing itching in my vagina that I never had!!! It feels like imbedded worms or fleshy parasites ”

LexyB · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “2:38 AM and the itching and burning is the worst thing ever! I thought "I'll just used it and go to bed"...NO! This isn’t what I signed up for! I can’t stop squealing around! I don’t wanna do this anymore! ”

Nicole · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am currently laying like a gymnast with my legs open hoping the fan will help cool the raging inferno inside my vagina. Five minutes of ice cold water with the shower hose helped numb it, temporarily. I have never had pain like this before down there, and I gave birth twice! I had a very mild YI and decided to go with the Monistat 3 to treat it. Never again! Instantly the burning and itching were 100 times worse. I only made it five minutes before I started trying to clean it out. I didn't realize they changed the main ingredient to lava!!”

Anonymous April 15, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Second dose and my Girly-Glory is currently on fire. I'm pretty sure she has called for the fire department and called for an Uber to get away from me. I am trying to make her feel better with a bag of frozen peas stuffed in my crotch but I fear it's a lost cause. I haven't had a yeast infection since my early 20's and I'm 53 now so it's been a minute. I don't recall having this sort of reaction before and even last night's dose wasn't this bad. This stuff better work otherwise I will write a strongly worded letter to Monistat. It is clear this product was developed by men who have no idea what *mild burning or itching in a woman's Happy Hole actually feels like! After the first dose I felt MUCH better the next day (today) and I'm sure tomorrow will be better yet so if you can power through its definitely worth it and you will deserve a medal (of course you won't get one but that's part for the course isn't it?) Benadryl definitely helps too!”

Anon33 · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have used this medicine several times in the past and usually it works, but it's not worked before and the infection came right back. I never used to have problems with yeast infections but ever since I had my children it seems like I get them 4 or 5 times a year and it's miserable. I've never felt the insane itching and intense burning from this product until now. It is unbearable and makes me skeptical as to if it's actually going to get rid of this infection because this day 2 and I feel like it's just not stopping. The only thing that has helped sooth it temporarily is baking soda made into a paste (for the outside). It burns at first, but after the burn stops I don't have the insane itch and it feels soothing. It usually makes it stop for several hours. I just use it on a wash cloth with water and wash it away after about 60 second.”