User Reviews for Monistat 3 to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 3 has an average rating of 3.6 out of 10 from a total of 543 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 21% of those users who reviewed Monistat 3 reported a positive effect, while 64% reported a negative effect.

Monistat 3 Rating Summary

3.6/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Monistat 3

cirrostratus May 28, 2021

“I made a whole account on here to share some advice. I'm on day 1 and everyone's right, the itching's positively unbearable. But there are somethings I did that helped the itching a LOT. Do not let any of this medicine out of your body. Or if it does cold cloth wipe it off immediately. Once this stuff gets on your outside bits it's a whole new kind of suffering. The internal symptoms were so insignificant in comparison for me, I didn't even notice the internal itching and burning whatsoever until after I learned to basically put a tissue over the top of my vag like a sink stopper. Just wanted to share some advice that might keep someone from ripping their labia off. It's been 7 hours. I feel amazing. The initial itching is awful, I didn't have much burning myself. But after about 2 hours after applying it I felt normal. Like I didn't have an infection at all. Definitely not excited for the next two days, but it's so worth it.”

dardigirl · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2021

“GUYS!! I realized I had a yeast infection and went straight to my local walmart neighborhood and bought the Monistat 3. I first inserted the cream while sitting on the toilet before brushing my teeth and that was A BIG MISTAKE. After a couple of minutes from inserting I thought I was having an allergic reaction but it’s all part of the process. My suggestion is to insert the medication while laying on your back with your legs to your chest. Even the though it burned like fire ants were biting my vagina, the next day I instantly knew it was getting better. Another suggestion, where a panty liner cause throughout the day the cream will drip out and that’s normal. I now have one more insert to do tonight and I already feel 100x better!! Get past day one and it’ll get better!!”

ny_123 · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2021

“When I say I'm about ready to rip my coochie off, THIS HAVE BEEN THE WORST PART OF MY PREGNANCY , YES ONLY THIS PART. I hope it work”

1st infection · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

“I feel as if I’m being burned alive from the inside out. Like holy crap. It definitely helps to lay down and watch planet earth or listen to some calming music. But oh man. My vajayjay is screaming for help. These reviews are so relatable that it’s funny. I hope everyone fights thru it and feels back to normal asap.”

lindsey53 · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2020

“I give it 4/10 because although it’s an EXTREMELY unpleasant medicine, it does work. Even though it has always worked for me, it itches and burns like you absolutely wouldn’t believe. I literally have to use it like 3 hours before bedtime and take benedryl to be able to sleep. The first few hours after you put it in is a nightmare, (literally feels like ants crawling in and out of you and biting) and then it gets a little better. The more irritated I already am, the worse it tends to be for me. HOWEVER, I did discover that the Publix brand version of this medicine (the 3 day suppositories) doesn’t do that to me at all! Ive had 0 itching or burning with this one (and have used it several times). It’s also only $10 where as the monistat brand is a little more. I do wonder if I may just be allergic to something in Monistat, but either way I always just get the publix brand now.”

Dittydo · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

“0/5 stars. Do not recommend. I used the monistat 3 day ovules. I only completed 2 days. I'd rather have the yeast infection. I've never in my life felt uncomfortable like that. I didn't sleep night 1 at all. Night 2 at around 3am I took a benedryl and got a few hours of sleep after sitting in a cold bath considering sitting on a steel brush for relief. If anyone suggests I ever use monistat again, I'm calling the cops on them.”

Nikki February 10, 2020

“I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and I developed a yeast infection after taking antibiotics. My ob/gyn said to take monistat 3 because the pill wasn't recommended during pregnancy. I completed day one of this product and so far I have no complaints. I will share a tip that really helped me in the past and now. Before using the product, put a thin layer of petroleum jelly around your vaginal area (not inside). This acts a skin protectant from the monistat and it helps soothe the irritation from the yeast infection. The burning was so minimal, I barely noticed it. I would recommend this product as a quick and affordable treatment for yeast infections.”

K · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

“So I’m writing this on night two of the treatment. This is my first ever yeast infection so I didn’t know what to expect. This yeast infection is the worst thing I’ve ever experienced. I thought my vagina was just going to fall off and run away to a dumpster. I feel so disgusting. BUT! On night one I wasn’t tears thinking this can’t be just a yeast infection that I must have something horribly worse (I don’t) but I was so scared. I went to the store at midnight to go get this medicine. I took it immediately when I got home falling asleep was difficult. It burned, it itched, it swelled. But I finally fell asleep and when I woke up n the morning it felt 10 time better than the night before. So if you can get past the burning and itching after applying the medication it will get better. It’s a process!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2013

“Burned like crazy within 5 mins of using the vaginal cream insert. The most pain I have ever experienced. Brought me to tears as I wanted to scream in pain. I will not be continuing with days 2 and 3. I will use a different product. They should out on the outside of the box in bold letters that it may cause severe burning and itching, not "mild". They couldn't pay me to go through that again.”

Kay October 4, 2018

“Believe it or not guys the reason why the medicine is burning so bad depends on if your yeast infection is really bad or not . The worse the infection the more it burns . Burning is a good thing it means that the medicine is actually working . Yes it’s a horrible experience but worth it in the end .”

Anonymous January 12, 2020

“It is 1:19am and I just hit hour two of having this stuff in my who-ha. And guess what I just did? WENT IN THE BATHTUB TO RINSE THIS STUFF OUT!! I have had surgery’s and gotten tattoos and kicked by a horse. But guess what is more painful and torturing than all of that combined? Monistat. I don’t know if this will help and I don’t think I will even attempt night 2 or 3. It says “May cause slight itching and burning” when really it should say “imagine fire ants crawling up your vajayjay and building a colony”.”

Bee February 28, 2020

“I am on the third hour of my first night taking Monistat 3 and I’m ready to rip my lady parts out. The burning and itching intensified by 10000 five minutes after inserting it and is VERY SLOWLY calming down and it’s driving me insane! I wish I would have read the reviews first. Not recommended ”

Anonymous January 6, 2020

“Everyone is saying that they are experiencing this side effect of itching and burning when it clearly says that is part of the process! Make sure you all read the box. It says that this is something that occurs! Just take the full 3 days and you should be fine! It’s the medicine working”

KJ92 · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

“WHYYYY DID I NOT READ THESE COMMENTS FIRST?! OMG!!! Literally the ONLY thing keeping me sane are these comments! I had to literally GET out the bed. It itches and burns SOOO BAD! I rather had dealt with the Y.I.!!! This stuff is HORRIBLE! RUN! GO GET A PRESCRIPTION! DO NOT USE THIS MESS! I just want to throw my vagina out!”

Susie · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2019

“Hi ladies just wanted to share so I'm on day one of Monistat 3 just inserted about 40 minutes ago. I just want to say it right away started burning and itching so bad I went crazy pacing the floor back onto the bed and back and forth I tried so hard to stay lying down so it could do it's job. I was just now finally able to lie down and sit still I wanted to put something inside me to itch it or numb it I thought maybe ice then thought yikes no I wanted so bad to rip my own vagina off lol but now it's eased off. I've figured out I think it depends on how bad your infection is every women is different. Ever heard the saying no pain, no gain? Well I think it burns and itches more when inserted because it's eating away at the yeast infection an it's doing its job. I hope I'm right. I'll be back to let you ladies know. I hope this helps you ladies and I hope I get better after all that. LOL take care all and God bless ❤”

EMI · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

“I was TERRIFIED of using Monistat after reading the comments but fortunately I didn't have the horrible burning. I had more problems getting the suppository inside. After about 2 mins it started itching but I just used the cream on the outside and all was good. I laid down and waited what seemed like forever for the burning to start but it didn't. I felt a few tingles but no burning. Just try it for yourself everybody is different”

Hayhay · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2020

“I was skeptical because of reviews. I’m on day 1 suppository of Monistat 3. I took 400mg of ibuprofen because I was scared. It doesn’t burn, or itch. I’m a hour in. I’ll leave another review on day 3.”

CB February 17, 2020

“I’ve only ever used doctor prescribed medication to get rid of a YI. I didn’t have time to go to the doctor so I went to the drug store and got Monistat 3. I had no idea what to expect but I inserted as directed. After a couple of minutes the burning and itching was unbearable. I thought for sure something was wrong so I got up and read the box. Some burning and itching can occur. It’s a nightmare. But it’s doing its job. Thank goodness for all these comments that let me know that I’m not alone. But I want my YI gone so I will do this for the other two doses!!!”

First ever YI August 27, 2020

“100% recommend! I was sooooo itchy I wanted to scratch my vajayjay with a Brillo pad it was horrible! Night 1: no burning or extra itch in sight. I have to say the stuff does leak out (Expected) so wear a pants liner Night 2: feeling soooo so so much better then yesterday! Minimal itching compared to days b4. Night 3: feeling like myself and so happy my friend got me this! Just a little irritated from scratching a few days b4 but itching is pretty much gone! Yeeees!”

D · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

“Night one is very intense, burning and itching immediately, makes you want to crawl out of your skin. It lasted maybe 15-20 min then it subsided. The next morning I felt better, all the symptoms slowed down. You must wear a panty liner throughout the day. Night 2 and 3 were much better!!! Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. It works but you must suffer a bit.”

Bentley January 19, 2020

“Listennn!!! It’s 11:56pm and I just went in the tub to wash out the monistat 3 medicine! Day 1 was painful but bearable pain. Felt extreme itching and burning inside my vagina and the discomfort was better without the treatment. Day two was similar but I felt the infection going away by then. Day three I felt I didn’t need the treatment but I wanted to finish it off... Now I’m on here typing giving my review!!! And I’m here laying in pain because it’s causing itching in my vagina that I never had!!! It feels like imbedded worms or fleshy parasites ”

Whoa May 10, 2021

“It’s currently 10:54pm and I have been in agony since around 10 when I inserted this fireball into my vagina. If mystery had an embodiment it would be this. I am on fire. I am itching. I get chronic YI so treatment is NOT new to me and I’ve never experienced this pain ever. I have to pee and I’m afraid to get up. I’m afraid I’ll disturb the rest of the medicine if I do. I can’t pee, fart, sit up, lay down, nothing without reigniting the agony. This is miserable. Please, save yourself. It burns so bad that laying in bed my body is literally twitching involuntarily.”

LexyB · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“2:38 AM and the itching and burning is the worst thing ever! I thought "I'll just used it and go to bed"...NO! This isn’t what I signed up for! I can’t stop squealing around! I don’t wanna do this anymore! ”

Anon33 · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

“I have used this medicine several times in the past and usually it works, but it's not worked before and the infection came right back. I never used to have problems with yeast infections but ever since I had my children it seems like I get them 4 or 5 times a year and it's miserable. I've never felt the insane itching and intense burning from this product until now. It is unbearable and makes me skeptical as to if it's actually going to get rid of this infection because this day 2 and I feel like it's just not stopping. The only thing that has helped sooth it temporarily is baking soda made into a paste (for the outside). It burns at first, but after the burn stops I don't have the insane itch and it feels soothing. It usually makes it stop for several hours. I just use it on a wash cloth with water and wash it away after about 60 second.”

Chatty Katty October 18, 2020

“First night: I inserted it and went to the movies that night. Before applying it I had bad itching but had used coconut oil throughout the day to sooth the YI. Once I applied it the first night it was instant relief. I was so super glad to feel normal again that I never noticed any itching or burning. I felt better in the morning. Then on night two I made sure to insert the capsule before bed. This night it was itchy and mild burning for about 20 mins. I noticed it got worse as I read all the horrible reviews”

Nicole · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

“I am currently laying like a gymnast with my legs open hoping the fan will help cool the raging inferno inside my vagina. Five minutes of ice cold water with the shower hose helped numb it, temporarily. I have never had pain like this before down there, and I gave birth twice! I had a very mild YI and decided to go with the Monistat 3 to treat it. Never again! Instantly the burning and itching were 100 times worse. I only made it five minutes before I started trying to clean it out. I didn't realize they changed the main ingredient to lava!!”

Leana · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2021

“Monistat SAVED my sanity and my girl parts! I went about 2 days trying to do home remedies and nothing was working. I was so itchy, irritated, and ridiculously swollen. I told my friend and she suggested monistat for me. I put it in before bed, put the anti itching cream that came with it, and within an hour I felt SO much relief, woke up the next morning feeling a lot better. Last night I did the second dose, I felt a little bit of burning but I fell asleep quickly and feel almost 100% better today. I’m so excited to do the last one tonight and hopefully will feel completely back to normal. Do not let the reviews scare you off!! It works!!”

Gee September 28, 2020

“First time ever experiencing YI. My Dr. prescribed a 3 day treatment but when I went to pick it up, they say my insurance doesn't cover and it'll cost $375. Should've seen the look on my face. The pharmacist told me to just grab the over the counter ones. 1st day treatment had me SCREAMING, CRYING to GOD for help, JUMPING around all over my room like a swarm of fire ants found its way up my vagina! My brother checked on me to see what was going on. I yelled at him saying, "I HATE BEING A WOMEN!" And he just slowly backed up out the room and closed my door. My 2nd day wasnt too bad. I was more prepared after finding/reading up on these reviews. I popped some ibuprofen, 2 probiotics, 2 oxy that I had left over from a past surgery. Passed out like a baby. Next day, the itching and burning wasn't a big issue. The YI kinda cleared up. I'm on my 3rd day today. Did the same exact steps as day 2. Writing this review before I slowly doze off.”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection