User Reviews for Methscopolamine to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as: Pamine, Pamine Forte

Methscopolamine has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 30% reported a negative effect.

Methscopolamine Rating Summary

6.6/10 average rating

Compare all 78 medications used in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Reviews for Methscopolamine

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2021

“Just started so far for PI-IBS diarrhea, still having 8-10 diarrhea bowel moments per day. Side effects so far are urinary retention, dry mouth, and sinus cavities and nose are dry as a bone. Basically still have diarrhea with more problems”

Anne Kach April 10, 2016

“I have been taking this drug for the past 8 years, and it has absolutely changed my life. I developed IBS-D and lactose intolerance after a horrible ovarian cyst that burst. My anxiety was through the roof and I was afraid to leave my apartment. This drug keeps my symptoms in check! I take 2.5mg a day (half a pill). I take a full dose if I have a bad day, but try to keep it to a minimum since it does cause dry mouth. Only downside is that this drug is expensive, $50 a month for me. Insurance companies want you to take cheaper alternatives, none of which worked for me like this one does.”

JulieKlim August 9, 2011

Pamine Forte (methscopolamine): “After having lower stomach cramps without diarrhea for two days, I started taking this medicine morning. It has stopped the cramps and I have not had any known side effect as of yet. I took this medicine two years ago for a bad stomach flu and it saved me from laying rolled up in a ball in bed. Every adult should keep some of this medicine in their home and carry it when you travel. Thanks you for the relief!”

Anonymous April 20, 2011

“I have been on this medicine for the last 8 months and it's been the first time that I feel human. It does stop the symptoms 100%, but I'd say more like 80% which is more than anything else has done. I have some urinary retention issues, so end up peeing more often, but it's worth the peace of mind.”

Anonymously · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 25, 2020

“I have IBS which seems to hit when I’m under stress, but, may also occur when I’m dehydrated. I will have diarrhea and a severe pain in the middle of my intestine (under my belly button) which has caused me to pass out on more than one occasion. I take a methscopolamine pill and My IBS symptoms calm down. The side effect of dry mouth is really awful - but better than the alternative.”

UTMick July 7, 2009

Pamine Forte (methscopolamine): “I have been on this medicine for 4 years and it continues to provide excellent results, relief.”

tumprobs October 31, 2009

Pamine (methscopolamine): “Previously used librax....pamine forte MUCH more effective for me.....basically puts Bowel Motions on "hold", allowing me to eat and be active......this has proven to be a wonder drug for me!”

rydberg September 22, 2009

Pamine Forte (methscopolamine): “Had to stop after 2 days because of severe side effect (dry throat, painful and swollen lips and dry mouth).”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2017

Pamine Forte (methscopolamine): “Medicine really helped my IBS and leaky gut but for some reason I attract gnats while on this medicine!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2012

Pamine (methscopolamine): “Just started taking for IBS, diarrhea this is just the second week. Have a few mild side effects but nothing intolerable.”

DNYLNY December 2, 2009

“Causes EXTREME dry mouth and dry throat”

Learn more about Irritable Bowel Syndrome