User Reviews for Methscopolamine

Also known as: Pamine, Pamine Forte

Methscopolamine has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 62% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome  Off-label
6.6
Dumping Syndrome  Off-label
10.0
Peptic Ulcer
Summary of Methscopolamine reviews 6.9 13 reviews

Reviews for Methscopolamine

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2021

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “Just started so far for PI-IBS diarrhea, still having 8-10 diarrhea bowel moments per day. Side effects so far are urinary retention, dry mouth, and sinus cavities and nose are dry as a bone. Basically still have diarrhea with more problems”

Anne Kach April 10, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I have been taking this drug for the past 8 years, and it has absolutely changed my life. I developed IBS-D and lactose intolerance after a horrible ovarian cyst that burst. My anxiety was through the roof and I was afraid to leave my apartment. This drug keeps my symptoms in check! I take 2.5mg a day (half a pill). I take a full dose if I have a bad day, but try to keep it to a minimum since it does cause dry mouth. Only downside is that this drug is expensive, $50 a month for me. Insurance companies want you to take cheaper alternatives, none of which worked for me like this one does.”

Kitza113 November 21, 2011

Pamine (methscopolamine) for Dumping Syndrome: “Pamine has been a God send for me. I changed gastroenterologists because for 5 1/2 years I suffered with not being able to eat a regular meal without problems. I was thrown into "dumping syndrome" after I had my gallbladder taken out. Avoiding liquids during a meal helped, but not much. With Pamine I can eat regular meals again and enjoy life again. I was borderline fecal incontinent, and stayed home much of the time. This medicine combined with cholestyramine, has given me back my life...literally. The only drawback is some constipation, and then my new Dr. has told me to cut back the Pamine to 1 daily. Thank goodness I changed Dr's.”

JulieKlim August 9, 2011

Pamine Forte (methscopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “After having lower stomach cramps without diarrhea for two days, I started taking this medicine morning. It has stopped the cramps and I have not had any known side effect as of yet. I took this medicine two years ago for a bad stomach flu and it saved me from laying rolled up in a ball in bed. Every adult should keep some of this medicine in their home and carry it when you travel. Thanks you for the relief!”

Anonymous April 20, 2011

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I have been on this medicine for the last 8 months and it's been the first time that I feel human. It does stop the symptoms 100%, but I'd say more like 80% which is more than anything else has done. I have some urinary retention issues, so end up peeing more often, but it's worth the peace of mind.”

Anonymously · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 25, 2020

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I have IBS which seems to hit when I’m under stress, but, may also occur when I’m dehydrated. I will have diarrhea and a severe pain in the middle of my intestine (under my belly button) which has caused me to pass out on more than one occasion. I take a methscopolamine pill and My IBS symptoms calm down. The side effect of dry mouth is really awful - but better than the alternative.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more September 7, 2019

“I've been on this medication methscopolamine for over a decade for a severe spasm that was determined to be a referred bile duct spasm. I experienced heat stroke, heat exhaustion, tachycardia, severe dehydration, worsened IBS c, blurry vision dizziness, tinnitus and other symptoms. I went off of this 3 days ago and already feel better.”

UTMick July 7, 2009

Pamine Forte (methscopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I have been on this medicine for 4 years and it continues to provide excellent results, relief.”

tumprobs October 31, 2009

Pamine (methscopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “Previously used librax....pamine forte MUCH more effective for me.....basically puts Bowel Motions on "hold", allowing me to eat and be active......this has proven to be a wonder drug for me!”

rydberg September 22, 2009

Pamine Forte (methscopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “Had to stop after 2 days because of severe side effect (dry throat, painful and swollen lips and dry mouth).”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2017

Pamine Forte (methscopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “Medicine really helped my IBS and leaky gut but for some reason I attract gnats while on this medicine!”

Anonymous May 5, 2011

“Dries up my head and stops the ear-ache without having to take an antibiotic.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2012

Pamine (methscopolamine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “Just started taking for IBS, diarrhea this is just the second week. Have a few mild side effects but nothing intolerable.”

DNYLNY December 2, 2009

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “Causes EXTREME dry mouth and dry throat”

katdr August 21, 2009

Pamine (methscopolamine) for Peptic Ulcer: “Worked at 1st, now not as well. Still believe I have IBS-D.”