User Reviews for Mobic

Rheumatoid Arthritis 6.2
Summary of Mobic reviews 7.5 70 reviews

Reviews for Mobic

Steeleone · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been prescribed 4 different arthritis medicines... Mobic being one of them. Took as directed and took for a minimum of 3 weeks. It didn't help me at all. Steroids seems to be the only thing that help. Had fluid removed from both knees within a week of each other, and then knee surgery (subchondroplasty) in February. I have found no surgery and no medicine has helped. Within a couple days of being off the steroids, both my knees will swell up and I have to use a walker or crutches to walk more than 2 feet.”

Ashleyjarrett · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Mobic for knee pain for 2 weeks. Within the first week I noticed fluid on my ankles and lower legs. Then three days ago I started getting itchy welts, on my breast, chest, stomach, arms and legs. They look very very similar to bed bug bites or flea bites and I know without a doubt I do not have ether one. Yes it did wonders for my knee pain I was able to go to the gym and stand for a long time with no problem. I've now stopped the med because I would rather deal with my knee pain than the side effects, as they are worse then the pain. I am looking to see how long it will take for the welts to stop and go away the itching is unbearable!!! I have taken Benadryl and using Cortizone cream I will be calling my doc in the morning. My over all opinion for this med is not to take it because of the side effects. I truly hope this helps someone that is having these side effects!”

Fancy Feet · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Severe osteoarthritis of left knee and I'm up on my feet a lot so the pain was unbearable. Was taking vicodin 4 x day, 2 aleve and had absolutely NO relief from pain. Started mobic 7.5 mg on Wed and by Sun I could walk/sleep and NO pain! So any surgery needed can now wait! No side effects as of now...but I plan on decreasing to every other day and definitely take it with a meal”

Anna · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “Was prescribed 15mg once a day. It helped to reduce pain a bit so now I can walk but still can't walk for the prolonged time (i.e. 15 mins or so). Unfortunately after 8 days of having it my stomach can't tolerate it anymore...”

Tt · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I was hit by a car over 10 years ago and have severe back pain because of it. I kept being prescribed opioids for the pain, but I can’t live like that so my doctor prescribed Mobic since I was taking to many ibuprofen a day and it obviously started upsetting in my kidneys. First, he gave me 7.5mg per day, but that wasn’t nearly enough, so he upped me to 2 a day. It makes me feel good, better than anything else I’ve ever taken for my back pain. However, if it only lasts an hour or two. If I wanted to be without unbearable pain all day I’d have to take more of them. But 2 works for now and it is wonderful!”

Severe neck & back pain · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 28, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I found that mobic 15mg is the only medication that takes away my pain and it does it within an hour! Caution: I didn’t know it was an NSAID and also took another NSAID - Aleve (naproxen) with it. My entire body was bruised and I couldn’t figure out why at first. I’m lucky I made it through. I only take it as needed when the pain is unbearable.”

Queenladyj · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “Started taking this medication about two weeks ago. I gained weight and swelling in hand, legs, feet and ankles. Belly swollen too. I am stopping this medication immediately before something more serious happens. This happened before while on this medication.”

jloo · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “Mobic seemed to work great to reduce my arthritis pain. However, it gave me a headache and my other MD said Prozac can't be taken with Mobic because both increase the risk of gastric bleeding etc Also, it gave me shortness of breath. I thought it reduced my pain but my doc says arthritis pain comes and goes, so maybe not. Be careful if you also take an antidepressant - many don't react well with Mobic.”

Kvddhthc835 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “Mobic has been great for my arthritis. I've had Mobic prescribed by several different doctors over the past 10 years and 1) haven't had a problem with it, and 2) it's one of the only medications that helps with my arthritis, which I have in just about every joint but my elbows. Ibuprofen works too but I started retaining fluid and swelling up after taking it off and on for several years. Hope nothing similar happens w Mobic as it's a godsend.”

CarolRobertson85 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “Made my pain worse”

sabarto25 January 7, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “I too am in constant pain mobic worked wonders but stomach wouldn't tolerate it. My dr gave me 7.5 twice a day instead of 15 amazing results.”

Lower back pain arthritisL3-5 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 26, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have tried mobic for quite some time and just recently switched to celebrex. Pros mobic is cheap but ineffective. Pain is still horrible. When I switched to celebrex made a huge difference. Con of celebrex is its expensive but effective.”

BARKER222 October 19, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Took Mobic after 2 days had to go to the ER,had bad rash, eye & face swelling.really terrible drug for me.”

Shondac September 22, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Works ok”

Kymdarl · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I have arthritis in my neck from C4 to C6 plus severe TMJ. I suffered with constant pain in my neck and jaw joints during the past year. My doctor prescribed mobic and within 3 days the pain and swelling in my neck and jaws disappeared. It was almost like a miracle. Tried every over the counter anti inflammatory with no luck. I have had no stomach pain so far just welcomed relief. I can now work my entire shift with no pain.”

Mjimenez05 · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Developed a significant limp from severe arthritic pain in right foot. Since taking mobic for 2 weeks the pain has virtually disappeared. I have my life back.”

Marianne from TN · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and fingers foot and ankle. I was also diagnosed with a 5th metatarsal stress fracture. Apparently I had the stress fracture for at least a year but thought it was arthritis. I was prescribed 15 mg of mobic daily by a podiatrist for the stress fracture. Within 1 hour of taking it the pain was almost gone. I had been taking 600-1200 mg of ibuprofen on a bad day of flares, sometimes having to take naproxen instead Mobic allows me restful sleep but it does make me drowsy...I need 10 hours of sleep to recover. However I can take it every other day and it still works on both sharp and dull pain. This in the only NSAID that has worked this well for me and I have taken them all for the past 10 years”

JodyE · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 7, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have taken Mobic sporadically for the last 3 years. I only take it when I'm really in pain and cannot manage the pain through natural methods. It helps me to sleep, and it helps the pain in my hands and hip. I do not feel groggy when I wake up, but sometimes I am stiff and hurting from sleeping so deeply.”

Nicole1920 · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Have been taking it for 2 weeks and now wake up stiff and in a lot of pain. I can barely walk because I have arthritis in my ankle I'm going to have to go back to my other medicine because this one does not work at all for me.”

Himshah · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Dry Mouth Severe Gum Soreness and pain”

kalesh · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: “Does little to nothing.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: “Reduced my pain by 80% and lets me live a normal life again!”

Sabrina Norelll March 28, 2015

For Tendonitis: “My swollen ankle is finally back to normal thanks to Mobic. The medicine really works and reduces instantaneously!”

penny6631 February 5, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I started taking Mobic for my plantar fasciitis a week ago. I have had the medicine for 6 months for my back, shoulder and neck pain but it did not help me. When my foot started crippling me, I took it with Skelaxin and was amazed at how quickly the pain, all my pain, disappeared. I suffer from fybromyalgia as well. Today, my body was fine but my heel was killing me. I took the mobic and I was relieved of pain within 20 to 30 mins. Mobic allowed me to walk again. Mobic with Skelaxin gave me my life back. I'm 48 do I expect pain and problems but when you hurt from your rooter to your tooter all seems hopeless. This medicine helped me tremendously. I'm more excited that I dont have to take narcotics daily.”

nonickname January 15, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: “Take 15 dosage, pain much better. Stomach pain from constipation very bad. ”