User Reviews for Mobic (Page 4)

Osteoarthritis 8.1
Rheumatoid Arthritis 6.2
Summary of Mobic reviews 7.5 70 reviews

Reviews for Mobic

Anonymous June 8, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “Had surgery for torn meniscis and as result existing artiritis is really causing quite a bit of pain. This is my 4th day on Mobic and the pain has almost disppeared. I am very concerned with possible side effects but so far so good”

Anonymous May 5, 2010

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I started taking this medicine to help with carpal tunnel issues I was having. The doctor had me taking 15-30 mg a day, which I see according to this site, is more than I'm supposed to have. It helped the carpel tunnel, and has done wonders for my knee pain. It only helps mildly with my hand pain (arthritis). As far as side effects are that it has affected my bowel motions and I don't always have much warning before I need to take one.”

Jamiedolan May 2, 2010

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Highly effective for joint pain. Helped with muscle pain also. Can cause serious GERD symptoms even with use of proton pump inhibitor and a Histamine2 blocker.”

Happynow March 2, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “I have had awful foot pain for over 10 years and have tried many medicines. My Doctor suggested Mobic and it did wonders for my pain. I have been on it 5 days now and can not believe the difference it has made. I can now walk without shuffling around because of pain. Side effects are mild for now. I have light headache from time to time and ear pressure. Hope that improves. I take 7.5 twice a day since 15 seemed to make side effects worse. A nice surprise everytime I get up to walk and feel little or no pain.”

VonneJ February 15, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “I've only been on this med for a few days. I had a scope of my rt knee 5 months ago and the arthritis is advancing quickly and severely. In the past month I started having pain in my shoulders, wrists, and left hip. I'm a nurse and can not take opiods/narcotics for relief. I was taking more ibuprofen than I could count! I took my first mobic and not an ibuprofen since. I've been able to sleep, not be tied down by a clock for pain, and have more mobility than I've known in months! I'm grateful. I'm closely watching for side effects & scheduled lab work to check blood levels & liver function in 6 weeks. For the first time in a long time, I'm hopeful.”

pain in the neck February 3, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “I have experienced increasing neck pain over the last 3 years with the last year being marked by going through a bottle of 160 count Advil every month and a half. Neck pain would lead to muscle tightness which led to headaches and it was rare that I could go through a day without popping a 6-12 over the counter pain relievers/anti-inflammatory pills. I have been on Mobic for a month now and thus far no noticeable side effects - and the lid has stayed on the bottle of Advil since day 1 of the prescription.”

inmy20's January 25, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “It made me gain weight about 40lbs and cause acne, other then that it worked very well for my Osteoarthritis in my neck. I have a fusion and have not been the same since. This medicine helped me with my pain. I got my life back. I still can't do everything but my pain is so much better!”

Jenn Vasquez January 14, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been taking Mobic for a week.. and I really can't feel the difference but I hope it works.. Once this week I felt really good but other then that I still feel the same. I do feel bloated a lot though.”

Anonymous January 8, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “Was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee today. Pain was so bad last night, I only slept on and off. I was in tears and the spasms were constant. 600mg of ibuprofen didn't touch it. My doctor prescribed Mobic and Osteo Bi-flex. Took my first dose at 2pm. By 8pm that evening all pain and spasms were gone and I will be able to sleep pain free tonight. I am so happy I could cry - the relief is like gold in my pocket! I can walk without limping or shuffling for the first time in 2 weeks.”

SgtIshy December 24, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was in a car accident which injured my c4, c5, & c6. They are out of line & impinging on my spinal colum & main nerve to the left arm. It also affects my shoulder. I'm not sure I've reallly noticed any difference from using this drug. I'm not sure they can find anything that helps & doesn't sedate me so that I can't take care of my kids. Trying to find dosing information & so far no luck....”

TN Stranger November 25, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had NO relief at all with this medication! It did not work for me.”

Anonymous November 24, 2009

For Tendonitis: “This is the best medicine I've come across for my whole body. I started using it for Tendinitis. I didn't realize my whole body was suffering from aches and pains until taking Mobic. If I run out of my prescription I can definitely tell a big difference. Thanks Mobic.”

Pam Sneed November 17, 2009

For Fibromyalgia: “I have been on Mobic since 2000. I have asked about new medications (which we now have 2 new came out in 2009) but the side effects is a real concern for me. I have not had a good experience with Mobic. It does get me through the day but my pain increases every month. I am at the point now that it is really affecting my personal life with my husband and he really does not understand the extent of the pain. I need a drug without harmful side effects. I want to protect my liver as much as possible. Please come up with a drug for fibromyalgia. I would hate to know that I have to live on pain pills the rest of my life.”

sloval November 10, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I used Mobic for 1 year with great results for knee pain and no side effects. Orthopedic surgeon would not continue prescription for fear of long-term effects. Knee pain returned within 5 days. Will consult with primary care doc for new prescription.”

Anonymous November 9, 2009

“When I began taking Mobic (7.5 mg twice a day) for my sciatica and lower back pain I felt like I was 10 years younger. I experienced greater flexibility and generally felt good all over. However after a couple of months on this dosage I began to experience dizziness and shortness of breath. My doctor found that I was very anemic due to blood loss somewhere in my body to the point where I had to be hospitalized and received 2 units of blood. I had no history of ulcers or other internal bleeding. In addition to taking the maximum dosage of Mobic I was also taking a baby aspirin once a day. My advice is to take as small a dose as possible for as short a time as possible and NEVER use when taking aspirin.”

Anonymous November 9, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have been using this for 3 weeks for a back injury. It has not helped me at all. No noticable effect.”

Anonymous November 5, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Mobic prescribed following knee surgery for pain and swelling. Very effective and no side effects.”

Anonymous October 25, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have been taking Mobic (meloxicam) for 1 month. I had knee surgery in January 08 and could barely walk, the pain was so bad. After my Doctor started me on meloxicam I'm able to walk pretty much pain free. I tried to stop taking it and the pain returned within two day's. I love it - best thing I have taken.”

Anonymous October 6, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I was taking between 4-6 ibuprofen a day and still had a lot of osteoarthritis pain. Once the Mobic was prescribed I felt a significant decrease in pain and can say have a new lease on life. Side effects have been minimal.”

sickntide October 2, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I had so many problems walking holding stuff in my hand and I start taking this drug that I have never heard of, I started seeing a new doctor that's how I learned about it. It has helped me so much that I get teary eyed just thinking about it. The doctor that I am seeing now may have saved my life.”

nita n lynwood September 25, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been using Mobic to relieve the pain from my Spinal Fusion I had in March/2001. I was previously on Bextra that was discontinued. I find this medication to work just as good as Bextra did.”

Emporia September 19, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have been completely amazed at how fast and how completely Mobic took my pain away. I am now able to resume activities I had had to stop before taking it.”

Anonymous August 14, 2009

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I began using this medication to reduce sciatic nerve inflammation. It worked great for 9 hours and then the pain was back. Not strong enough for my needs, but again worked well for the first 9 hours.”

Anonymous July 28, 2009

For Fibromyalgia: “It worked okay for my back pains, but during the time that I first started taking it I got a really bad sore throat and if it wasn%u2019t for Mobic, I would not have been able to get out of bed. My throat felt so bad that I could hardly talk or eat and drink, but after taking the Mobic, it took the pain away for about 3 to 4 hours before I had to take another. Therefore, if you have a bad sore throat or any inflammatory conditions try Mobic to see if it helps.”

monetscgb July 13, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Mobic has been a good drug for all the basic inconveniences of arthritis. I was this close to going in for a knee replacement when my Geriatric Specialist offered Mobic. I take Pepcid with it as it is very hard on the stomach, but it has increased my mobility and reduced the pain by 90%. I am very pleased with this drug. Hooray!”