User Reviews for Magnesium hydroxide

Also known as: Dulcolax Milk of Magnesia, Ex-Lax Milk of Magnesia, Milk of Magnesia, Pedia-Lax Chewable Tablets, Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Constipation
8.8

Indigestion
8.8

Acne
8.3

Summary of Magnesium hydroxide reviews 8.8 145 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium hydroxide

Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Had my gallbladder removed two years, had severe constipation ever sense, tried prescription medicine which is advertised heavily and many other products. Milk of Magnesia has returned my life back to normal 4 caplets at night And the next morning is great I hope everyone else can have the same experience with this product thanks milk of magnesia, Phillips"

RH July 8, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for : "The best relief without cramps. Drink a full glass of water (room temp) and it will have you flowing like a river. I used it to clean out my system and lost 7 pounds in week... but it’s best you time it around having access to a bathroom."

Bubble (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Constipation: "Good results but be careful not to take too much. Drink more water than recommended. Take before going to bed."

Ooosh49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Was so constipated hadn't had a BM for 5 days. I had gotten to the point where I was in the bathroom straining for hours, could feel stool trapped but not moving and no amount of pushing would move it. I felt like I was being ripped in half, could hardly walk, sit or even stand. I was in so much discomfort. I looked home remedies, by this point I was desperate and was seriously starting to worry that I would have to go to emergency and endure the embarrassment of having stool dug out of my backside. Then I came across threads for milk of magnesia and figured what did I have to lose. At 8 o'clock in the morning, got my husband to go to the pharmacy and buy me some as I was incapable of going myself at this point. Took double the recommended dose at 8:30 and by 10 I was running to the bathroom, sadly I didn't make it in time, but the relief was out of this world. Thank you MOM"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Milk of magnesia is Awesome!"

Lj (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I was backed up for a week, felt terrible, full, and bloated. I took 45 mls in the morning, but nothing all day besides gurgles, then I took another 15 mls at night. And in the morning I got the relief that I was waiting, yes some loosies, but it felt great. I went like 3-4 Times. It helped. Total lifesaver"

Girk May 7, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Continue: I quickly went to the Walgreens which happens to be 3 minutes away from my apt! I got it and came back and immediately took the maximum dose which was 60mL and then waited for the miracle (it’s 9:55AM!) 15 mins, nothing! 30 mins! Nothing! 1 hour, 2, 3, 4! Damn! It felt like I was be punishing for something! 5 hours! No! 6! No... I felt some bowel movement! It was bubbling! I knew something is going on! Long story short, Finally after about 10 hours, at ~8pm, I was rushed to the bathroom! My doc told me not to strain! It was almost there but it wasn’t going to work without strain! I strained a little bit! And then, the miracle happened. OMGoodness the relief! It was one of the best moments of my entire life! SUCH a RELEIF!Thanks to all the scientists who made this marvelous product! "

Prophet May 1, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Oh my goodness! This is a miracle! I had a constipation problem which was caused by medicines I had to take after an eardrum surgery. I was so sad, I was feeling horrible. I was eating for a almost 5 days without any output! Everything was just being stuck inside! I drink tons of liquids, I was eating only soups, nothing else! But it didn’t help! I couldn’t sleep well, I couldn’t concentrate on anything, I couldn’t do anything. It was unbelievably bad! FINALLY, I went through all the documents my doctor had given me for the third time! I noticed somewhere he’s mentioned a medicine called COLACE and Milk of Magnesia might help! I did a quick search and it turns out that MoM is faster than COLACE! So I quickly went to the Walgreens which happens to be 3 minutes away from my appartment! I got it and came back and immediately took the maximum dose which was 60mL and then waited for the miracle (it’s 9:55AM!) 15 mins, nothing! 30 mins! Nothing! 1 hour, 2, 3, 4! Damn! I was thinking it wasn't going to work! 5 hours! No! 6! No... I felt some bowel movement! It was bubbling! I knew something is going on! Long story short, Finally after about 10 hours, at ~8pm, I was rushed to the bathroom! My doc told me not to strain! It was almost there but it wasn’t going to work without strain! I strained it a little and then, the miracle happened and I finally went! Oh my goodness. It was one of the best moments of my entire life! SUCH a RELEIF! Finally I got to this point that MoM could easily out power all the blockages deep inside of me! Thanks to all the scientists who made this marvellous product!"

Prophet May 1, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Ok so my body decided to pass one kidney stone from each kidney. One surgery and hospital stay with narcotic pain meds and I was severely constipated. I tried fiber, prune juice and stimulant laxative. Nothing. I was so bloated that I looked pregnant and was miserable. I happened upon a commercial for M.O.M. and sent my hubby to the store. I took the maximum dosage and within 2 hours had sweet relief."

Becca April 24, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I was very constipated and felt HORRIBLE. I hurt so bad that all I could do was lay in bed and moan and groan. I drank MOM and got relief 2 hours later. I never write reviews but I had to give credit where it's due. I feel so much better."

Renee (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I was having trouble going potty and felt really bloated from not going, so I tried the mint Milk of Magnesia and even though it took a day or 2 to work, I felt so much better. My stomach was making a bubbling noise and I knew it was the start of something. Good warning for sure! I find taking it right before bed works the best!"

Tammy (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Indigestion: "I had been feeling a little unwell with stomach aches and cramps as well as nausea for a few days and a friend suggested this medicine. About two hours after taking it things started to happen and I had the urge to go to the toilet. Sadly I had been offered a beer by a mate and totally forgot I'd taken this medicine what ensued were pretty bad cramps and some hard moments on the toilet. But ultimately all the bad stuff came out and the relief was fantastic. Just don't take and then have fizzy or alcoholic drinks."

Steve March 20, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Wow. I am literally amazed. Unfortunately got hit with sickness after sickness for about 3 weeks. Couldn’t eat anything for a week. This in turn blocked me as nothing was telling my body to go. It was about 2 weeks without a proper bowel movement. Then one day I came home and was able to have a movement. This was my thank goodness moment. Unfortunately this didn't last very long. The next day I was just as stuffed. It looked like I was about 5 months pregnant and I couldn't eat much without getting full. My sister had M.O.M. from a recent bout of severe constipation due to lack of eating fiber so I decided to give it a try before I turned to the more aggressive laxative. Took this at about 6:45 pm and went to bed after being wildly tired. Woke up at around 10:45 to my stomach growling. Went back to sleep and 12 hours later I am on the toilet feeling so relieved that I don’t need to take an aggressive laxative."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Thanks to opiates, noticed I hadn’t poo’d in about 3 days. You start to feel super gross...almost as if you can feel your body reabsorb the toxins inside you....it’s the worst feeling ever. I felt a heaviness, couldn’t eat, couldn’t focus, just awful. Took a full cup of MoM. Drank 3 glasses of water (that’s the trick!). Barely made it to the restroom....sweet relief....but don’t expect to leave house for a couple hours. Just when you think you’re done, there’s more. I’ll take that over being constipated though. Feels nice to be completely empty. Highly recommend if you’re backed up for days. Drink lots of water...and don’t leave the house until you’re completely done. Best lax ever. No pain at all."

HolycowTheresheGoes (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I had an abdominal hysterectomy and was on Norco for several days as well other pain meds intravenously had me severely bloated, in pain from gas and constipated. I was given stool softeners that didn’t work. My friend suggested MoM. I took the full dose and it worked! Now 3 weeks post op, I’ve taken it once or twice when things don’t flow after a couple of days and it gets everything moving again without cramps. I highly recommend."

Essence (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I hadn't had a BM for 6 days and im ALWAYS regular.. ALWAYS! So I was in panic mode so I called my doctor and she said take MoM and drink plenty of water and prune juice wouldn't hurt either. So I took 45ml of MoM (the directions said I could take 30ml-60ml) Thank goodness I only took 45ml because it only took 15 minutes and I was on the toilet.. it's been 11 hours and my stomach has definitely calmed down but I'm still hitting up the toilet here and there. I recommend this to anyone with constipation! No cramps either!"

Thank Goodness (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "My GI doc recommended this for chronic constipation following ostomy reversal surgery. I took the full dose and had complete, painless evacuation in 6 hours. Now I take a half dose every night before bed to keep things moving. I highly recommend for severe constipation."

TCStage3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "So I read the other reviews on here and wanted to try MOM for my surgery and opioid induced constipation. Nothing else seemed to work well, including polyethylene glycol, Dulcolax, suppositories, and enemas. I took 4 tablespoons of this, and about 2 hours later went poopie! I feel much relief. My stool is all water right now, but I feel much better and I’m sure that will clear up quickly. I recommend this product to anyone dealing with constipation issues."

Much Relieved December 17, 2017

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Yesterday was a bad day. I went out with my sister and when I got home I realized I couldn't use the bathroom no matter how hard I tried it felt like I was trying to poo out a brick. My sister suggested milk of magnesia I took the full recommended dose at 10 pm around 5:50 am I was able to use the bathroom no issue at all felt so much better I highly recommend this product take the full dose and wait it will work trust me"

Zacv420 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2017

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I have dealt with constipation for years. I have no other health issues and am at a normal weight. Even when eating very healthy, lots of veggies, fruit and fiber, no processed food and drinking lots of water, there are problems. I hate laxatives and stool softeners. I heard being low in magnesium can cause chronic constipation, so I thought I’d try milk of magnesia. It has changed my life. It does not give me diarrhea, it allows me to eliminate normally like I did when I was younger. I take 30 ml every night and have two normal bowel movements the next morning between wake up and about noon. I can go to the bathroom completely too, without feeling like there’s always more there that won’t come out. I highly recommend it for a gentle solution"

Barb0509 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I am 23 years old and have suffered from stomach issues and constipation most of my life. In the past several years, I have struggled with IBS-C and have really bad constipation during my flares. I have tried just about everything to relieve my constipation specifically prunes, miralax, Metamucil, extra fruits/veggies, and lots of water. Nothing seemed to help and I was getting frustrated! Finally I was at the store buying some Gas-X, when I came across Milk of Magnesia and called my mom to see what she thought. I ended up buying it and took the 2 tablespoon dose at night with an 8oz glass of water and went to bed. I did feel the gas and my stomach rumbled all night but no action until I got up and ate. It definitely cleared me out!!"

Templhope22 November 21, 2017

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Travelled to the US to visit my significant other, but hadn't gone to the bathroom for a whole WEEK. My s/o's mother explained that travelling can cause constipation, but I was desperate for a BM nearing 8 days and no BM, and was looking up all sorts of routes to try and take. I bought suppositories, other laxatives to try, but Milk of Magnisa worked in exactly 12 hours, 60ml. Took it before bed, woke up exactly 12 hours later and I'm still glued to the toilet seat --- I'd pick the runs over being constipated any day."

anidiotabroad (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "First time user; took the full dose (4tbs) because I'd been constipated for a week and felt very uncomfortable. I did not drink a full cup of water with it, thank goodness. You'll see why later. First BM came about an hour later (not much) and second one about 3 hrs later (bit more). I was disappointed because I thought that was it but felt there was more. Around hour 5 I had a slight urge to go... so I sat down and whoa!!!! Everything just fell out. Seriously, no effort and absolutely no pain. There was a LOT of water, despite the fact that I didn't take the med with recommended full cup of water. I feel light as a feather now. MOM is very good stuff, I'll definitely use again and highly recommend!"

Featherweight October 8, 2017

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I’ll start by saying, this stuff has very mixed reviews. I expected it to either never kick in, or work way too well. Neither did happen, but I have been relieved of my constipation. I took 3 tbsps on Thursday 9/21. Nothing at all. Later on that night, I took 2 more tbsps just to make sure that it would kick in at some point. I woke up at 8:47 AM today, and I barely made it to the restroom. I’m writing this as I finish my 30 minute restroom break. This stuff works wonders. Not only did clean me out well, there was no pains whatsoever. 999999999999999/10. It may take a little over a day to start, but it is MIGHTY worth it."

Xander W. B. (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I had a baby and afterwards was constipated for 9 days (even with daily stool softeners). On day 9 I got MoM. I did not take the max dose. I was able to have a bowel movement (what I believed to be 9 days worth) within an hour. My baby is now 12 days old and I still have constant diarrhea and can't eat without ending up on the toilet. I won't take this again"

Stillgoing (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017