User Reviews for Magnesium hydroxide systemic

Also known as: Dulcolax Milk of Magnesia, Ex-Lax Milk of Magnesia, Milk of Magnesia, Pedia-Lax Chewable Tablets, Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Indigestion
8.8

Constipation
8.7

Acne
8.3

Summary of Magnesium hydroxide reviews 8.7 165 reviews

Reviews for Magnesium hydroxide

Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "This stuff works! Haven’t had a bowel motion for 4 days now and within the 4 days using miralax and stool softeners and hot water drinking... but nothing. Finally went to the doctor and they told me to try milk of magnesia so I did. Within 2 hours I finally had a bowel movement and looks to me like I cleaned out my stomach. I took the 60ml dose from the bottle instructions but now for a week I’ll take half again soon each day so I can continue my bowel movements."

MP (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I have been constipated for the past 8 days. On day 3 I took Senna. On day 5 I took DulcoSoft to soften the stools in conjunction with Senna. I decided to try MOM today (day 8). I took 50 ml (1.7 oz) with 250 ml (8.5 oz) water and went to bed in the afternoon holding a hot water bottle against my tummy. After 8 hours, I sat on the toilet, nothing happened, but I could feel a progression. I had no choice, but to strain to help the situation. One marble size stool was followed by a larger one and then another. After 20 minutes, I looked down the pan. I could not believe the amount that had come out from me. I'm unsure if it was purely MOM, which done the trick or the combination of all three drugs, but in my opinion it was MOM that done the complete job. One downpoint is that due to the straining I suffered a partial anal prolapse, so I will need to visit the doctor. I guess my advice is use, a multiple drug appoach, but definitely use MOM and DON'T strain too hard!"

StevieB (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "For some people milk of magnesia is a hit or miss thing. For me it's kind of in the middle. I have a hard impacted stool that won't come out for about a two weeks now. I took milk of magnesia the beginning of the second week and let me just tell you I've never had such watery stool. So why is it not a hit for me? Well because its doesn't soften the impacted stool. I think it only softens the newer stool which goes arounds the impacted stool because after the watery stool is out, when I try to strain I could still feel the hardened stool stuck there. Though I am thankful the newer stool comes out instead of builds up behind the impacted stool so I really can't complain. Other then that it's a really great product no side affects or anything. Drinks lots of water, preferably room temp water because it stimulates the digestive system more then cold water. Oh and also it's only for temporary constipation, I wouldn't use it for more then a week but ask your doctor first."

Neenee (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I was extremely constipated for a month, I took one laxative from my local grocery store than I bought this laxative too. I drank two cups = 120 mg and I haven't been out of the bathroom since. My stomach has been gurgling and now every time I go it's all water. I have common symptoms but what I do recommend is take a small dosage every 6 to 8 hours. Or you will be in the bathroom constantly, it's a bad uncomfortable feeling. Burning may occur from going. I've got a bath twice after going. "

Milk of Mag Review (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "It’s very bad and not worth it for your health or money , if they had a 0 stars option I would put zero. I’m not recommending"

Harb November 16, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I was very constipated for about 5 days, in pain and feeling sick. I went to a very small pharmacy and MoM was the laxative they had. I took 65mls at 11 pm, then went to bed. I woke up at 9am with some stomach gurgling and nausea and nothing else. Woke up again at 11am with some gas, which I passed then right after felt an extreme urgency to use the washroom. I had diarrhea that was mostly water, and on my way back downstairs I felt the same urgency and needed to be back on the toilet NOW. Went back for round 2. It is now 1pm and am still having diarrhea, always mostly water and has been explosive a few times. This product definitely does its job, but has caused me to diarrhea several times and based on the stomach gurgling and gas, I do not expect it to end soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I have chronic constipation from IBS-C and gastroparesis. I’ve tried just about everything be it laxatives and fiber, you name it. and it’s SO hard to get me to go unless it’s coffee. Well, I decided to try this after being recommended it by a coworker and a doctor at the ER, so I did some research, and decided to purchase some. It had been 2 weeks since I had a BM so I tried it yesterday and sad to say it didn’t do anything for me. I still couldn’t go. All I had was intense nausea so bad I almost threw up on the way to work and I had weird gurgley noises from my stomach. It did it for hours but still super constipated. I am very sad it didn’t work for me cause I’ve read so many good things about it as well!! I’m not gonna say I don’t recommend it, I just have a stubborn stomach and most laxatives don’t work for me anyways."

chell125 October 20, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I was not going for about three days, I think because I had lots of carbs and not enough fiber or fluid, and was getting panicky. I remembered that the nurse in the hospital had given me some MoM and it worked. Sent my hubby out to get some--took 30 ml the first day--got some response but very hard stools. Took 45 ml the second day with a good amount of water and a cup of tea at dinner--12 hours later the breakthrough, thank goodness !! I've been eliminating since, mostly watery stuff preceded by gas, but it beats the hard rocks, and it seems to be tailing off. Thank you, MoM!!"

maryrainbow (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Having Hyperemesis along with the constipation just meant that I was in a vicious circle. My body just did not allow me to consume the amount of water it needed, hence the problem just got worse. Then I remembered my pharmacist recommended MOM (milk of magnesia) so I jumped online and came across this particular site to see the reviews. Having read the reviews, I thought why not, let’s try it, can’t make me feel worse than I do already. So last night I took 35mls of it at 9.30 with the recommended 8 ounces of water and I went to bed. Firstly let me tell you, I had the best sleep in three months, I felt at ease, and then at 5.30am I felt like I needed to go to the toilet. Although I did have to strain to get things going, but I cannot express how happy I was once things got moving!!! This stuff is just AWESOME!!!!"

Sana (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I have had THE WORST constipation experience ever. It literally affected me for almost a month. I was gassy, bloated, heaviness in bottom of stomach and awful awful pressure feeling in my rectum. I tried several OTC remedies with minimal (rock/pellet) results. I bought MOM Sunday and took my first dose (30 ml) — NOTHING and no signs of ANYTHING. I am absolutely miserable — can’t sleep, can’t eat, and now, after taking MOM, nauseous!!!! On Monday evening, I took 60 ml (and chase with 8 oz of water —- something I failed to do with the initial dose. I didn’t sleep well at all Monday night — but on Tuesday morning THINGS BEGAN TO HAPPEN (thank goodness !!!). Initially it was hard medium size “rocks”. But I literally have had 3 BM’s today (that has never happened in my 61 years of living). I feel better today than I have in weeks. Plan to take a smaller dose tomorrow. MOM will have a place in my household from this day forward!!!!"

Krnick2 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I was in the hospital for a few days due to knee replacement surgery. The nurses noticed I hadn't had a bowel movement for about 3 days so they gave me MOM (don't know the dose) and sat me on the toilet. The effects came within an hour. I still can't believe what came out of me - it just kept coming and coming. No unpleasant side effects. Would take again."

BC/DC (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "If you are trying to clean out everything from your stomach to your bum this is what you want. Works every time. Drink 60 ml and 2 glasses of water and you’ll be in business!"

White September 3, 2018

For Constipation: "I bought this product for use as a gentle laxative and for this, it worked exactly as intended. I took two tablespoons in the evening and had full evacuation the next morning. However, I was not prepared for the drying effect it would have on my body. My skin was tight and itchy and my eyes itched and burned like crazy. I lived on liquids for the next day or two: ice cream, Gatorade, chicken broth. Still, I did not urinate for almost 24 hours after the bowel movement. I can see where it would be effective for acne. I don't think I'll use it again."

Some Old Guy in Ohio (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Take MOM every once in a while to cleanse, works like a charm every single time. This is easier on your tummy than mag citrate and works better IMO. If you are backed up and reading this, go get some for some sweet relief!"

Empty (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I took max dose of it after breakfast for the first time for chronic constipation. I didn't have BM after 7 hrs and just had horrible heartburn, stomachache, nausea, bloating, and vomiting. It was basically a lot of pain and I was so sad that I took this in first place because the pain was worse than not pooping for 2 weeks! I got BM next morning and it was completely watery diarrhea and it was worst pain ever. I told my doctor that this is just painful but he told me I have to take this because I already tried everything nothing worked so MOM was last choice. I already done test and it was all normal. Anyway, it was worst pain ever and I would NOT recommend this!!!"

Hello123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "This stuff works like magic. Was constipated for almost 2 weeks. Took 60 ml and chugged a bunch of water. It worked almost instantly for me. Get ready for a multi day cleansing. Until then, sit back and relax (the more water the better by the way... drink up!)"

Jc (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I've been constipated for almost a week and I took Milk Of Mag last night by 2 hours it was working. Now 14 hours later it's still working...not sure if that's a good thing lol "

S.B (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Just make sure to follow it with 8oz of liquid!"

Anonymous August 15, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "First time I took this (60mL) I drank a full cup of water with it and then went and laid down with my heating pad and Netflix—within one episode of my show I had to run to the bathroom. Then had watery diarrhea for the next two days. It definitely cleansed me. I took (30mL) two more times and nothing happened [without drinking water with it] and now just took 60mL followed by a full glass of water and instantly after I was running up stairs to bathroom so while sitting here I thought I’d right a review! This stuff is gentle and gets the job done without worry!"

Unplugged (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "I am rarely constipated and am not sure what happened to cause it this time. I eat a good diet, drink plenty fluids, walk and take supplements including magnesium twice a day. My doctor recommended a stool softener and it did not help I tried a fleet which allowed some stool to come out but did not unblock. My doctors office recommend the MOM, but I resisted cause I was already taking Mag supplements. I finally tried it. Nothing after 6 hours so took another dose but did not exceed maximum. First attempt, nothing but bleeding from straining and shortly later second attempt expelled small amount from stool and again. Went to bed and in morning had urge and went again and my butt was in pain but some relief. Had my coffee and minutes later ran to the bathroom and exploded. Not diarrhea but the rest of what needed to come out. Not as bad on my butt either. Made a believer of me. Would advise to try 30ml first and repeat if doesn’t work in 6 hours."

Mission July 16, 2018

Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Had my gallbladder removed two years, had severe constipation ever sense, tried prescription medicine which is advertised heavily and many other products. Milk of Magnesia has returned my life back to normal 4 caplets at night And the next morning is great I hope everyone else can have the same experience with this product thanks milk of magnesia, Phillips"

RH July 8, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for : "The best relief without cramps. Drink a full glass of water (room temp) and it will have you flowing like a river. I used it to clean out my system and lost 7 pounds in week... but it’s best you time it around having access to a bathroom."

Bubble (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Constipation: "Good results but be careful not to take too much. Drink more water than recommended. Take before going to bed."

Ooosh49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2018

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Was so constipated hadn't had a BM for 5 days. I had gotten to the point where I was in the bathroom straining for hours, could feel stool trapped but not moving and no amount of pushing would move it. I felt like I was being ripped in half, could hardly walk, sit or even stand. I was in so much discomfort. I looked home remedies, by this point I was desperate and was seriously starting to worry that I would have to go to emergency and endure the embarrassment of having stool dug out of my backside. Then I came across threads for milk of magnesia and figured what did I have to lose. At 8 o'clock in the morning, got my husband to go to the pharmacy and buy me some as I was incapable of going myself at this point. Took double the recommended dose at 8:30 and by 10 I was running to the bathroom, sadly I didn't make it in time, but the relief was out of this world. Thank you MOM"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) for Constipation: "Milk of magnesia is Awesome!"

Lj (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018