User Reviews for Colace

Constipation
5.8

Suzie-Q · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2021

For Constipation: “I was given colace after abdominal/intestinal surgery. I have a history of chronic constipation and did not want it to interfere with healing. My doctor has me consuming 40 grams of fiber daily and drinking 8 glasses of liquid. I take one Colace in the morning and it works every time! I am pleased with it. I do not know how long its effectiveness will continue, i.e., will I build up a tolerance to it? I hope not.”

Angry Consumer · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2021

For Constipation: “Horrible vertigo hours after first and only dose. Still dizzy next morning. Thought I was it was the end of me! Never had a bad reaction to a drug before. Threw the whole bottle away. Beware of this medication.”

Bill · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2021

For Constipation: “Did not work...don't waste your money because there are many others available that are much better”

thissiteishelpful January 31, 2011

For Constipation: “Due to so many heart medications and other medications that I take, I have to be careful of anything OTC and Colace is so gentle. It doesn't ever cause cramping or discomfort. It literally does the job nicely. I recommend 100%, something I don't often do. You can take this without being nervous or afraid.”

Anon70 · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2018

For Constipation: “Epidurals after surgery left me constipated. On hospital departure, single 100mg tabs of Colace prescribed for bedtime and worked overnight. When I stopped using Colace, constipation returned because I have been told not to strain at BM time because I still have abdominal stitches. On return to Colace, it again worked overnight. I'm impressed”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2020

For Constipation: “After taking Colace everyday for a year, my platelet count went down so low that my doctor thought I had cancer. I told him that I read that it could happen taking this drug. I went off of it and three weeks later had another test and it was normal. I take fiber in a powder form now which is safe.”

Debbie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2021

For Constipation: “Colace doesn't work for me at all. I've been using it for two months now and stool is still hard and constipated. I drink lots of water so that's not the issue. I guess it's not for everyone and I won't be using it anymore.”

Anonymous May 20, 2010

For Constipation: “Helps stop the pain of feeling constipated, and my stool isn't runny.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2018

For Constipation: “Works well every day...no side effects...so far great!”

Joker · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2018

For Constipation: “this the worse product I've been told to use. It hasn't helped with bowel movements at all and it was not cheap either. I wouldn't recommend to any one....”