User Reviews for Colace

Constipation
5.5

Reviews for Colace

thissiteishelpful · January 31, 2011

For Constipation: “Due to so many heart medications and other medications that I take, I have to be careful of anything OTC and Colace is so gentle. It doesn't ever cause cramping or discomfort. It literally does the job nicely. I recommend 100%, something I don't often do. You can take this without being nervous or afraid.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years · November 16, 2020

For Constipation: “After taking Colace everyday for a year, my platelet count went down so low that my doctor thought I had cancer. I told him that I read that it could happen taking this drug. I went off of it and three weeks later had another test and it was normal. I take fiber in a powder form now which is safe.”

Angry Consumer · Taken for less than 1 month · February 13, 2021

For Constipation: “Horrible vertigo hours after first and only dose. Still dizzy next morning. Thought I was it was the end of me! Never had a bad reaction to a drug before. Threw the whole bottle away. Beware of this medication.”

Anon70 · Taken for less than 1 month · September 17, 2018

For Constipation: “Epidurals after surgery left me constipated. On hospital departure, single 100mg tabs of Colace prescribed for bedtime and worked overnight. When I stopped using Colace, constipation returned because I have been told not to strain at BM time because I still have abdominal stitches. On return to Colace, it again worked overnight. I'm impressed”

Debbie · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 10, 2021

For Constipation: “Colace doesn't work for me at all. I've been using it for two months now and stool is still hard and constipated. I drink lots of water so that's not the issue. I guess it's not for everyone and I won't be using it anymore.”

Ann · October 28, 2021

For Constipation: “For some odd reason I developed constipation after a colonoscopy. At first I tried Ducolax with no relief. I’m a Bowel patient who’d been doing quite well on Crohn's medication for a couple decades. I didn’t want to use any kind of fiber as it can irritate a bowel condition. I use dark leafy greens and eat healthy avoiding certain foods. I’m also a liver patient. I came here today to see why after working up to 3 softgel capsels over the last 3 weeks on Colace I’m not getting much relief! And now I’m getting discomfort in my liver region. Which might indicate the lining around my liver is irritated or inflamed. I’m going to stop the Colace immediately as it is the only thing I’ve added after Ducolax. After reading the posts here, I can’t say I’m very impressed. Rather, I would caution others against this stool softener.”

Suzie-Q · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 1, 2021

For Constipation: “I was given colace after abdominal/intestinal surgery. I have a history of chronic constipation and did not want it to interfere with healing. My doctor has me consuming 40 grams of fiber daily and drinking 8 glasses of liquid. I take one Colace in the morning and it works every time! I am pleased with it. I do not know how long its effectiveness will continue, i.e., will I build up a tolerance to it? I hope not.”

Anonymous · May 20, 2010

For Constipation: “Helps stop the pain of feeling constipated, and my stool isn't runny.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · April 30, 2018

For Constipation: “Works well every day...no side effects...so far great!”

Joker · Taken for less than 1 month · August 15, 2018

For Constipation: “this the worse product I've been told to use. It hasn't helped with bowel movements at all and it was not cheap either. I wouldn't recommend to any one....”

Bill · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 14, 2021

For Constipation: “Did not work...don't waste your money because there are many others available that are much better”

Pat · Taken for less than 1 month · February 16, 2022

For Constipation: “I took 2 copace 2 in 1 pills last night. No taste really. I had no side effects. Got up and had my morning coffee. Shortly thereafter it worked. Well worth the cost.”

Jenna · Taken for less than 1 month · May 12, 2022

For Constipation: “Seems to make my feet swell and itch. Does not help very much unless I add Senokot. I am avoiding it for a week or more bc I’m worried about the feet swelling.”