User Reviews for Dulcolax

Bowel Preparation
5.4

Summary of Dulcolax reviews 5.5 644 reviews

Reviews for Dulcolax

For Constipation "I was scared after reading reviews, but it was not a traumatic experience. I took ONE at 6 pm, woke up around 3:30 am to stomach cramps, and had 2 intense BM at 4. Nothing insane happened but it seems like people are taking 2-4, just take ONE. I promise one will clean you out. The stomach cramps definitely weren’t the best but I have the lowest pain tolerance and I lived. Just follow the directions, drink plenty of water after taking the pill (I had about 4 bottles of water, and only take ONE pill!!"

Belle (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

For Constipation "Took this last night woke up at 6am with the worst cramps ever!!! Started sweating almost fainted. Finally pooped then now I’m starting to notice some blood in my stool. I highly DO NOT recommend this it is horrible!!!!!!! They need to take this off the self!"

Animal lover December 23, 2018

For Constipation "As part of a bowel prep for a colonoscopy, I took 4 Dulcolax tablets at 2:00 PM. At 6:00 PM I started the Golytely. Previous times, I could not take all 4 quarts, but now with the Dulcolax, my intestines were speeded up. The fluid went right through instead of backing up in my stomach and small intestines. After about an hour, I had a feeling of needing to have a BM. I thought I'd wait until the feeling became intense and continued watching TV and drinking the Golytely. After about 15 minutes, I got the most tremendous urge of my life and exploded in my underwear and on the carpet on the way to the bathroom. That never happened to me before."

BPMonster (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2018

For Constipation "I took 3 tablets about 12:00 am in the morning and nothing happened until about 5:00mp that evening when my stomach started cramping. It did clean me out but the next day I’m not feeling so good and later that evening the stomach cramps came back. I don’t ever wanna take this medicine again."

Girly (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2018

For Constipation "I have been taking Ducolax for years with no issues. However, the last two times I used the product I had a horrible experience. I took 2 pills shortly before bed around 10:30pm. I woke up around 3am with horrible stomach pain. I had cramps, vomiting, shaking, headache, I was both hot and cold all while sitting on the toilet. The 2nd time was basically the same. I will not be using the product again. Makes me wonder if the product ingredients have recently been changed."

Lola December 12, 2018

For Constipation "This medication has caused me major, major stomach pain and vomiting. I will never take it again!"

Viviana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I've had four colonoscopies. My last two, I was prescribed Dulcolax, two tablets the night before the procedure. Both times, I got sick to my stomach, almost immediately. I go in again in 2 days. MD said only take one this time but I'm leery of even that. In my earlier colonoscopies, Dulcolax was never part of the prep. I hate it. I may skip it."

Logger December 8, 2018

For Constipation "I may be almost cleared out but it was not worth staying up all night vomiting with severe, debilitating stomach pain. I sat on the toilet with a trash can in front of me, I've never had it came out both ends at the same time before! I paced my bathroom like when I was in labor when I got a break. I tried to stay hydrated but I couldn't keep water down. I took it at 9:30 PM, it's now 1:30PM and I still have stomach pain, almost like a really bad period, with diarrhea that I feel gurgling from time to time. Started to finally sip some ginger tea around noon. I didn't know whether I was hot or cold but was drenched in sweat all night. Only gave it 2 star because it did help but I DO NOT recommend this drug to get the job done if you value your life. I'm still in bed."

Stay Away! (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I tried dulcolax for the first time. I took it around 7pm. At 2am I woke up with the worst stomach pains I’ve ever felt. I mean ever. I laid in bed not knowing if I should go to the hospital or wait it out. I waited it out and a few minutes into the pain I felt like I was going to vomit everywhere. A few minutes into feeling like I was going to vomit I also felt like I was going to poop my pants. I went to sit on the toilet and thought I was going to poop everywhere. Instead I took a tiny dump. I went back to bed and still felt pain. 30 minutes later I ran to the toilet and took a massive dump. Now I am still in pain and just waiting for more poop to come as I am still feeling like garbage. I’ve had a chocolate laxative before and felt nothing like this. I will not take this product again."

Lou (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "DO NOT TAKE!! Tonight was my first time taking a laxative and I happened upon dulcolax. I woke up at 2 AM with the worst stomach cramps of my entire life. Spent two hours puking/dry heaving, bawling my eyes out, my whole body tingling and blood red, and sweating profusely while butt naked on the toilet. I seriously almost called 911. I really thought I was dying. I would much rather go through labor again than ever feel like this. Will NEVER take this again!!!"

Nikki November 26, 2018

For Constipation "I can not believe this product is available over the counter! I’d been having a few days without a bowel movement which is very usual for me. So I thought I’d try a laxative to get things moving... I took 1 pill at 10:30pm and woke at 3am with severe stomach cramps, I sat there for a while trying to go but it took a good hour for any motion. I was sweating, felt sick, felt like my bowel was going to fall out, in excruciating pain and felt I was going to need to call an ambulance. I eventually did have a bowel movement but am laying in bed an hour later still shaking from the pain and scared to sleep in case the cramps worsen again. It was one of the worst experiences of my life! Stay away!"

Cls92 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2018

For Constipation "I have had terrible experiences with constipation and have tried many laxatives and stool softeners. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Dulcolax ALWAYS works after taking 3 pills. Sure there is some cramping and nausea, but the relief is fantastic and its nice to have a sure thing."

Znan754 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2018

For Constipation "Never again. I rarely take medication, however my dad gave me TWO since I had constipation. I took them around 2pm...woke up around 4am for what I can only imagine it be like for a woman going into labor. It felt like the worst contractions continuously. Was not until 30 minutes later I ran to the toilet, to have explosive diarrhoea. A couple of hours later I've been running to the toilet again with nothing but burning water passing out. It's now 10.43am, and the pain is still there, feeling bruised and waiting for the next trip to the toilet. I'd rather have a hard BM than ever take these again. Would not recommend."

L (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

For Constipation "Took twice today and nothing... Took IBS med, stool softener, and gas-x. Nothing is working. A week of this, sigh. Horrible stomach pain...but I had it before the dulcolax."

SicklyOne (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Constipation "I have taken 1 Dulcolax at night before bed for months with no side effects that most people are having. The directions say to take with a "full" glass of water which is at least 8 oz in my opinion. I guess it depends on how constipated you are and everyone reacts differently"

Dusty (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2018

For Constipation "I took a dose of this medicine before with no side effects . I took a dose this morning around 10:30am hoping that around 6pm, I would have some relief. Needless to say, around 2pm my stomach knotted up, I felt sick and faint. It felt like hot flashes. Luckily I was able to get to a fan to cool down, but had to go right back to the restroom. I have visited the facilities at least 5 times since then. I had to go to Walmart and get some Pepto. I am finally getting some relief. Never again!!!!"

Zeta (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Constipation "So, I don’t usually write reviews but I had to on this one lol. So I took it I want to say at 11:30pm before bed and was woken up at 4am needing to poop so bad! I sat on the toilet and I felt as if I was going into labor again; the cramps were so bad, I felt faint, needing to throw up, and just so uncomfortable and I didn’t poop! I went back to bed feeling the worst, was woken up again at 5am, rushed to the toilet and had a little diarrhea, not much came out and I was upset because how I was feeling I felt like I should’ve went A LOT! Went back to bed and was back up at 6am, I felt like I had to pass gas and almost pooped myself so I ran to the bathroom and it was O V E R !! I emptied out and felt so amazing and I even lost a pound lol. Tonight I’m debating on doing it again it’s been like a week and a half, but I’m scared I will die this time... I don’t know. Wish me luck! And I hope for the best for you all too!"

BrielleJojo (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Constipation "After reading these reviews. I'm definitely going to be throwing mine away. I took 2 pills around 4:45pm. Didn't have a bowl movement until like 5am. The worse cramps, dizziness, fatigue you name it. I'm done with ducolax. I thought I was dying. Haven't been able to sleep all night. Don't use this product. Try Miralax it works well."

She So Fly September 29, 2018

For Constipation "Had surgery to remove my gallbladder 5 days ago and was having problem with constipation. My doctor had recommended high fiber foods, and lots of water. When that didn't help, and I was feeling more pain from the constipation than from the surgery, he suggested a laxative. I started with one, and after 6 hours of nothing, I took a second. 2 hours later I had a bowel motion. Nothing crazy, just a little gurgle in my stomach, and then I was good. Felt amazing! 3 hours later, it took it's vengeance. Cramps, sweating, nausea, and painful diarrhea. Didn't dare move off the toilet for hours and still made trips to the bathroom through the night. I was already feeling a bit off from my pain meds and this just made it worse!! Probably wouldn't have been as bad if I had just stuck with the one, but I got impatient. On the plus side, It does it's job!"

Ging September 26, 2018

For Constipation "I have been stopped up for a few days. I read the box and decided to take 2 at 6 pm and then 1 about an hour later. I had some mild gurgling around an hour later. Went to bed and did not have a bowel movement until 930 am the next morning. No cramping, no pain just the urge to finally go!"

Sonsy (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Constipation "Pregnant mummy in early 3rd trimester, hasn’t been able to pass bowel movement for nearly 2 weeks, called midwife to ask if it was safe to take, midwife confirmed it was absolutely fine.... took two tablets around 7:30pm been up from 3:30am with cramps and gas, it’s now 6:49 and I like many others are experiencing horrid explosive outbursts of actual liquid poo and extremely nauseating dizziness . Can’t even get up to get a bucket to throw up in. Definitely not recommended when pregnant! And obviously going by other comments not recommended by any one. Should be listed on the box! Literally felt like I was in labour! Had I not checked reviews I would of gone up to the hospital"

Needsapoop (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Constipation "First of all I DON'T have IBS, was just mildly constipated and was looking for relief. The only positive thing I can say is that I’m no longer constipated, and that’s because, after taking one pill, I spent all night throwing up, with blood in my diarrhea, in extreme pain from gas and cramping, dizzy, and in a cold sweat. It’s now 12 hours later and I still feel like I have the flu. I’d rather be constipated than ever take this again!"

EmCat (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Constipation "I regularly, several times a week take senokot and saw the advert on tv about dulcolax apparently a gentle way to easily relieve constipation. Absolute rubbish. I only took 1 tablet as directed though you can take 2! Who knows what would have happened if I had taken 2. I have been feeling sick and absolute excruciating cramps couple hours after taken them. Out of despair I’ve googled the reviews to find loads of people have been going through this too! Thrown my packet in the bin! Stick to senokot!!"

Anonymous September 15, 2018

For Constipation "I honestly thought I was going to die! Took two tablets at 6pm and went to bed at 10pm...I woke at midnight with worse pains then when I was in labour I honestly thought I was going to birth an alien! Sat on the toilet in pain for three hours being sick into a bucket with hot sweats, passed out around 4am on the bathroom floor still no BM managed to go back to bed at 6am only to be woken again at 8am and glued to the toilet being sick again for hours- had three explosive BM’s between 3pm and 4pm, 10pm the next day and I’ve got mild cramps, no energy and feel like I’ve just had the worst stomach bug with no appetite at all, the thought of food is turning my stomach! How are these even allowed to be sold?! Do not take unless you have a whole day off the next day!"

Raye (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Constipation "Didn’t need to take the tablets. Reading these reviews made me poop myself. If, like I did, you’ve just taken these tablets and sat down to read the reviews wondering what awful stuff you’ve just ingested whether you’re going to get through the next 24 hours. Fear not. Here is my boring experience (in contrast to others on here) 12:45pm took 2 tablets. After 4 hours..nothing. After 6 hours..nothing. After 8 hours some gurgling, lots of farting. At 21:30- had a poo followed by another approx half an hour later. Went to bed. Woke up at 7am for breakfast. 09:00- had a poo and all is now good and regular. No pain, no sweats or palpitations. Not considering a trip to A&E!! Follow the directions, take the advised dose, drink plenty of water and all will be fine."

MrsD (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...