User Reviews for Dulcolax

Learn more about Dulcolax.

Constipation 444 reviews 245 medications

5.7
Bowel Preparation 28 reviews 114 medications

5.6
Summary of Dulcolax reviews 472 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Dulcolax

For Constipation "I've had chronic constipation issues my whole life (in my early 30s) and this is literally the only thing that will basically clear me out. I only really use it when my constipation is particularly bad - it's one of those things where you really have to make sure you are very close by to a bathroom for at least 24 hours after taking it. It's definitely not the most comfortable experience - you will get stomach cramps and be up on the toilet for most of the night. But it's definitely effective. To me it is worth it to get cleared out and not have to deal with the nausea and pain that comes from being severely constipated."

Anonymous May 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Took 2 pills around 730pm and I went to my room to take a nap and like around 10 pm I started getting really bad cramps and as the time past by they seemed to get worst , it's 1:56 am and It barely did it's job.. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE !!! Never again , it was just as bad as contractions!!"

Natnatdiaz (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "51 year old 131 pounds, one time use. Directions said take 1 - 3 tabs, so I took two for constipation . Less than 2 hours later I felt the urge to go. That's when the severe cramping and profuse sweating began. While going, I began to vomit (what seems like everything I've ever eaten... ever). Ate mostly clean all week. That day I ate a spinach & sundried tomato omelet for breakfast with coffee & orange juice and buffalo chicken salad with water for dinnier. Since I'm watching my weight, I weigh myself in the morning. After this Dulcolax experience, I lost four pounds in about as many hours. . So, 5 points for the weight loss, but I'll never put myself through this pain again!"

EmptyNow (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Well firstly I just wanted to say that I've had the best night of my life sitting here after popping two dulcolax - unaware of what's install for me. I took them at around half past midnight then came online and saw these reviews. I've been laughing my absolute head off for over an hour at all the comments. I'm partially scared, because after everyone claiming to have almost died, I'm now expecting the worst "

AquamandaG (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "I had to come here to give another view of how this works as I came here last night was both shocked and laughing reading the comments. I had already taken ONE tablet so it was a bit late to back out and I prepared myself for the excruciating poop storm to wake me at some point during the night. I was mildly disappointed when I woke at my usual time without so much as a tiny cramp. I did have a few rumbles that told me something was on it's way. The first BM was a bit of effort but far easier and closer to normal than the last 5 days (I had actually had some BM but scant and a lot of straining), I then proceeded to have 3 more BM's each one more liquid than the last but again no pain, no passing out. Try it, take ONE, it works"

Innaminna (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "I'm between weather this is soo bad or it's ok. I took two pills last night and my goodness I could not sleep the whole night I had very very bad pains in my stomach like very bad cramps:( I will never take this again because of the pain I felt was crazy bad I felt like I needed to be taken to the ER! But it did work in the morning at 6am but I'm still feeling cramps so I would not take it again"

Ava6778888 May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "I had quite a constipation issue. I'll spare you the details, but it was serious. I went to store & chose Dulcolax. Never tried it before. Took 2 pills at night. Woke up early with severe cramps that didn't subside and got worse. I then started getting more & more nauseous. I managed to go get a bucket just in time to flop back in bed and throw up repeatedly until I dry gagged. The nausea then subsided, but the cramps remained, although they lightened up. I was then unable to get out of bed for most of the rest of the day. I thought I might have a 24 hr stomach virus. I don't know if I got a virus & coincidence I'd taken Dulcolax, or Dulcolax got me sick. My body apparently can't tolerate this medicine."

Honeycombe May 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Am male., 210lbs & 57yrs.. Been dealing w/occasional constipation or partial movements for many years now. Have always relied on Dulcolax (or generic equivalent) for relief when the need arises for use. One tablet w/tall glass of water before bed is all that take - on rare occasions have taken 2 but again that is very rare. Normally 6-8hrs after I will have such a grand movement w/another sometime after that. Always a good feeling of being flushed out of what was sitting rotting inside me. Can't say that have experienced the many bad side effects that have read by others posted. At the most I will get some minor cramps but they pass by quickly tho will say that Dulcolax does cause me to pass gas as the time nears for movement.."

Mr. Kaye (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Worked great. Dont know how everyone else almost died. Yall must have done something wrong."

Phillygirlmemphis (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "The first time using this product was after having not gone for about 5 days. Needless to say, I was a little desperate to get something that worked. I took 3 pills which were effective within 3 hours, accompanied with pretty bad stomach cramps but nothing I couldn't handle. After having the same problem I decided to try dulcolax again, having it been successful the last time. WORST DECISION EVER. Not only did it take almost 16 hours to start working, it came with severe nausea and cramps before any success. It's been a day and I still can barely eat without experiencing serious diarrhea! I'm definitely not constipated anymore but it wasn't worth constant bathroom trips at school. Only use if you're ok with the side effect, and ONLY TAKE ONE"

Joey Bennett (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "I tried everything from magnesium citrate to even an enema! Nothing worked until I tried dulsolax! It worked 6 hrs after I took it with lots of drinking water and it cleaned me out! I didn't take it overnight, I took it during the day while I was still active and the cramps were not too bad!"

Carolina2017 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Dulcolax has helped but I agree it comes with stomach cramps. For fast relief of constipation yet I feel much easier on the stomach is magnesium citrate. Find it in anywhere. I have also found it very helpful if you feel you have a hard stool to pass. It may take hours but eventually it will break down stool which I find to the point it's not terribly painful to pass. For regular constipation the results are usually very quick. For hard stool it may take a good portion of your day but if you can take the time to plan on being near the bathroom because you will pass other stools before you pass the hard stool and eventually the hard stool will breakdown."

FLG April 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Horrible DO NOT TAKE THIS. Took it at 7 woke up with nausea, cramps, and kidney pain. Had a teenie tiny bowel movement and am now wide awake. "

Meow123456789 April 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Horrible product I took it at night about 7pm woke up with stomach hurting by 4am went to use bathroom but all that happened was major cramps and stomach in so much pain it was seriously as bad as labor contractions I was in so much pain I ended up throwing up three times because this pain came and go non-stop for about 4 1/2 hours worst pain ever. I did have a couple bowel motions but seriously not worth the horrible stomach pain and cramping, throwing up and sweating because of it. Better off trying magnesium. My stomach region is now a day later still sore."

Not worth it April 19, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "My husband got this for me since I haven't been pooping that well lately. He told me it was better than any others, because you don't get stomach cramps. WRONG. I took 2 a couple of hours ago, and now, my stomach is in the worst pain ever. Thankfully, I have had a BM, but I don't think I will ever take Dulcolax again because of the severe pain."

TattooedGirl April 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Update: drank 1 tablet at 8:30pm with lots of water and went to bed. Woke up with severe cramps at 3:30am followed by a BM. Had some serious cramps for about 5 more hours. Had 1 liquid BM. Then I took buscopan because the pain is no longer tolerable. After an hour, no more cramps. I can eat and drink normally again. Very effective but the side effect is very traumatizing."

mijp April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Due to a bacteria which caused traveller diarrhea for like two weeks I had to take very strong antibiotics to get rid of it. Unfortunately, I then couldn't go to the toilet anymore for 4 days. On the 5th day I took one pill at 4pm, woke up at 4am in the morning with really painful stomach cramps, but couldn't go to the toilet. At around 8am the pain was almost unbearable and I felt sick and didn't know if I had to vomit whilst I was sitting on the toilet. Worked eventually but only 16 hours later with a lot of pain in the hours beforehand. It does its job but you have to accept the pain which comes with it."

Traveller1989 April 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "I wish I would have read the reviews first !!!!! Horrible !!!! As I'm sitting on the toilet about to pass out !!! Horrible nausea cramps and dizziness !! Gets the job done but dang !! I'd rather be constipated !"

ashers11 April 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "I took dulolax at midnight & got rudely awoken at 6am with the worst cramps & urge to go to the toilet, it was a horrific experience I've never felt so ill going to the toilet, it was like chocolate milk yuck!! I think my body was in pure shock as it took me 2 days to recover, I lost my appetite & slept a whole after my bowels had been emptied."

Aprily (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation "Have been feeling backed up. I'm a big guy so I took 4 pills about 7:45 this evening. After reading these testimonials, I now realize I have made a mistake."

Tom210 April 10, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "These tiny little pills definitely get the job done. I'm a 110lb female and the first time I took 3 tablets I didn't experience any of the cramping and nausea that people are describing, but a good amount of waste elimination. The next time I took 2 tablets every few days until the 8 pack of tablets was gone. One of those days I did get some sweating, cramping and light-headedness, but for what looked like A POUND of impacted waste that came out of me one day it was well worth it. The waste was so impacted that I smelled myself. I feel much better now."

unplugged April 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Read the instructions but decided that 2 might be too much for me, needed something to relive the constipation. Took 1 pill and it worked in less than 2 hours, I could feel abdominal pain, fluctulance and burping in the first hour, the pain wasn't too severe as I was lying on my bed. On my 2nd hour, I could feel the pain getting worse and I felt like going to the toilet. The instructions told me that it works in at least 6 hours. didn't think it would take that little time and I do not appreciate it as I took it just before bed! Lucky that I did not take 2 pills as I can't imagine what would have happened to me!"

Belci April 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "Dulcolax did me an injustice. I took 2 and after 11 hours I almost pass out with an excruciating abdominal pain associated with loose bowels. When the loose bowel had stopped for a few minutes, I had to lie on the floor because of the discomfort in my abdomen. Shortly after I had to rush again to the bathroom again and again with this horrific pain. I wish I didn't take this pill because its' side effect was too severe for me. I won't recommend it to anyone."

Jaz2 April 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation " I hate this stuff!!! Had been constipated for a few days..took one with no success so the next night took 2 as instructed. Woke up in the morning to extreme pain to the point where I screamed for my mum. Found my way to the bathroom where the pain continued until I blacked out on the toilet, hitting my face hard on the bath on the way to the floor. Woke up very confused and sweating, back to the toilet I went for a bm that did not come easy by any means before passing out a second time. At that point I decided to attempt to get back to bed so stood up (very bad idea) and passed out for a third time hitting my head yet again. I'm lucky I got away with just a cut cheek and black eye..DON'T BUY"

Bex33 April 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation "It makes you go, that's for sure. Took one before bed and got up to give my baby a bottle at 4.30am, gave him his bottle but when I was putting him back into his cot I felt sudden sharp cramping and I knew I had to run to the bathroom. Had violent diarrhea and intense cold sweating, I started feeling nauseous and extreme abdominal pain, so bad that I woke up on the floor covered In sweat, I don't know how long I passed out for but I was so confused when I woke, the pain was gone. I passed out cause my body couldn't handle that level of pain ..I've had two children and didn't pass out...this stuff is unbelievable"

Claudiajen87 April 5, 2017