User Reviews for Dulcolax

Constipation
5.5

Summary of Dulcolax reviews 5.5 630 reviews

Reviews for Dulcolax

For Constipation "I took a dose of this medicine before with no side effects . I took a dose this morning around 10:30am hoping that around 6pm, I would have some relief. Needless to say, around 2pm my stomach knotted up, I felt sick and faint. It felt like hot flashes. Luckily I was able to get to a fan to cool down, but had to go right back to the restroom. I have visited the facilities at least 5 times since then. I had to go to Walmart and get some Pepto. I am finally getting some relief. Never again!!!!"

Zeta (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Constipation "So, I don’t usually write reviews but I had to on this one lol. So I took it I want to say at 11:30pm before bed and was woken up at 4am needing to poop so bad! I sat on the toilet and I felt as if I was going into labor again; the cramps were so bad, I felt faint, needing to throw up, and just so uncomfortable and I didn’t poop! I went back to bed feeling the worst, was woken up again at 5am, rushed to the toilet and had a little diarrhea, not much came out and I was upset because how I was feeling I felt like I should’ve went A LOT! Went back to bed and was back up at 6am, I felt like I had to pass gas and almost pooped myself so I ran to the bathroom and it was O V E R !! I emptied out and felt so amazing and I even lost a pound lol. Tonight I’m debating on doing it again it’s been like a week and a half, but I’m scared I will die this time... I don’t know. Wish me luck! And I hope for the best for you all too!"

BrielleJojo (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Constipation "After reading these reviews. I'm definitely going to be throwing mine away. I took 2 pills around 4:45pm. Didn't have a bowl movement until like 5am. The worse cramps, dizziness, fatigue you name it. I'm done with ducolax. I thought I was dying. Haven't been able to sleep all night. Don't use this product. Try Miralax it works well."

She So Fly September 29, 2018

For Constipation "Had surgery to remove my gallbladder 5 days ago and was having problem with constipation. My doctor had recommended high fiber foods, and lots of water. When that didn't help, and I was feeling more pain from the constipation than from the surgery, he suggested a laxative. I started with one, and after 6 hours of nothing, I took a second. 2 hours later I had a bowel motion. Nothing crazy, just a little gurgle in my stomach, and then I was good. Felt amazing! 3 hours later, it took it's vengeance. Cramps, sweating, nausea, and painful diarrhea. Didn't dare move off the toilet for hours and still made trips to the bathroom through the night. I was already feeling a bit off from my pain meds and this just made it worse!! Probably wouldn't have been as bad if I had just stuck with the one, but I got impatient. On the plus side, It does it's job!"

Ging September 26, 2018

For Constipation "I have been stopped up for a few days. I read the box and decided to take 2 at 6 pm and then 1 about an hour later. I had some mild gurgling around an hour later. Went to bed and did not have a bowel movement until 930 am the next morning. No cramping, no pain just the urge to finally go!"

Sonsy (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Constipation "Pregnant mummy in early 3rd trimester, hasn’t been able to pass bowel movement for nearly 2 weeks, called midwife to ask if it was safe to take, midwife confirmed it was absolutely fine.... took two tablets around 7:30pm been up from 3:30am with cramps and gas, it’s now 6:49 and I like many others are experiencing horrid explosive outbursts of actual liquid poo and extremely nauseating dizziness . Can’t even get up to get a bucket to throw up in. Definitely not recommended when pregnant! And obviously going by other comments not recommended by any one. Should be listed on the box! Literally felt like I was in labour! Had I not checked reviews I would of gone up to the hospital"

Needsapoop (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Constipation "First of all I DON'T have IBS, was just mildly constipated and was looking for relief. The only positive thing I can say is that I’m no longer constipated, and that’s because, after taking one pill, I spent all night throwing up, with blood in my diarrhea, in extreme pain from gas and cramping, dizzy, and in a cold sweat. It’s now 12 hours later and I still feel like I have the flu. I’d rather be constipated than ever take this again!"

EmCat (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Constipation "I regularly, several times a week take senokot and saw the advert on tv about dulcolax apparently a gentle way to easily relieve constipation. Absolute rubbish. I only took 1 tablet as directed though you can take 2! Who knows what would have happened if I had taken 2. I have been feeling sick and absolute excruciating cramps couple hours after taken them. Out of despair I’ve googled the reviews to find loads of people have been going through this too! Thrown my packet in the bin! Stick to senokot!!"

Anonymous September 15, 2018

For Constipation "I honestly thought I was going to die! Took two tablets at 6pm and went to bed at 10pm...I woke at midnight with worse pains then when I was in labour I honestly thought I was going to birth an alien! Sat on the toilet in pain for three hours being sick into a bucket with hot sweats, passed out around 4am on the bathroom floor still no BM managed to go back to bed at 6am only to be woken again at 8am and glued to the toilet being sick again for hours- had three explosive BM’s between 3pm and 4pm, 10pm the next day and I’ve got mild cramps, no energy and feel like I’ve just had the worst stomach bug with no appetite at all, the thought of food is turning my stomach! How are these even allowed to be sold?! Do not take unless you have a whole day off the next day!"

Raye (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Constipation "Didn’t need to take the tablets. Reading these reviews made me poop myself. If, like I did, you’ve just taken these tablets and sat down to read the reviews wondering what awful stuff you’ve just ingested whether you’re going to get through the next 24 hours. Fear not. Here is my boring experience (in contrast to others on here) 12:45pm took 2 tablets. After 4 hours..nothing. After 6 hours..nothing. After 8 hours some gurgling, lots of farting. At 21:30- had a poo followed by another approx half an hour later. Went to bed. Woke up at 7am for breakfast. 09:00- had a poo and all is now good and regular. No pain, no sweats or palpitations. Not considering a trip to A&E!! Follow the directions, take the advised dose, drink plenty of water and all will be fine."

MrsD (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

"So recently went on holiday and I never have trouble going or not going. This time I roughly had a poo once a week. Come back my typical clearance meal when I need to go (harvester full English) and went straight away. Waheey back to normal. Nope. Once a week started happening. I didn't feel the need to go, I didn't have stomach cramps or felt sick/ill. I thought I'd try dulcolax, took 1 tab at 12 thinking I would go toilet before bed. Had cramps and felt sick for the rest of the day with no toilet. Took two more before I went to bed woke up still nothing. Took two more and had some weetabix. Wahheeey 5 mins later went toilet. Then all day I have been visiting the toilet with running explosive diarrhoea. Probably won't ever take them again as its horrible. But they cost me £1 for 10 tablets so if your looking for a cheap horrible experience then these certainly work"

Gw9 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Constipation "First time I took these tablets they not only gave me cramp but I spent half the night throwing up! They do work but can take awhile I suggest using a hot water bottle for the cramps and drinking water to help the tablets kick in."

GOT1996 September 7, 2018

For Constipation "Never had such terrible side effects from medicine before. It's day 2 and I still can't leave the house. First there were the stomach pains and then came the diarrhea. The box said "gentle." False advertising to say the least. The gentle box went right into the trash."

jaycee September 3, 2018

For Constipation "OMG! I am definitely giving this a 10 for being 100% effective BUT I will warn you about the 2 to 3 hours of on and off pains in your lower stomach. You will be in all kinds of crouching positions followed by a sprint to the toilet to let out fiery diarrhea. Despite the excruciating pain there were some relieving moments when you think it's over but IT'S NOT! This product is amazing."

Susieeeq (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

For Constipation "It is painful, but the best way to take the pills is to have a normal meal and one glass of whatever you want to drink, wait a couple hours until you get minor cramps. If you go to the toilet and can’t poop, drink a littler water until you cramp a little bit more strongly and expel some poop. Keep drinking water and taking breaks so it won’t be as painful usually when you drink a bit of water, some more will come out. DO NOT drink a ton of water beforehand."

A August 31, 2018

For Constipation "I’ve been taking this medication for my constipation for over 5 months it works eveytime I take 2 at 11:30 pm and by the next morning I’m in the bathroom very little cramps watery the first time , then the second time normal, this is the only meds I take for BM no problems except my color is somewhat greenish .."

Layla (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I had some anxiety before using this drug after reading reviews, so I made it a priority to drink lots of water. I probably drank a gallon of water before taking 4 tablets and 2 more gallons during the time after. Other than feeling kind of sleepy, though I was up late the night before, I had no problems or pain. I took 4 tablets at 11AM for a 8:30AM colonoscopy the next morning."

Bmayes05 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Constipation "I have been taking dulcolax for over 2 years. It makes your stools watery and I get frequent cramps and my stools smell of acylic paint and sick. I have IBS and I’m considering changing to buscopan. I have a high pain threshold as I’m a body builder and frequently get tattoos but this medicine is the only thing that’s ever help me go to the toilet even though my diet is spot on (FodMap) , I also drink Epsom salts if I’m reaally impacted (if I’m an idiot and eat gluten, dairy or wheat etc ) which I rarely do anymore since not passing a stool for 3 days and looking like a water bloated gorilla that wants to constantly sleep isn’t appetising when you work hard to look good."

Meg (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 22, 2018

For Constipation "After a night of terrible stomach pains from being backed up I thought I would try these. I have never taken them before so I read the label and it said to take 1-3 tablets. So I decided to take three. About an hour later I started to read reviews and thought, oh my what have I done! At this time all I could do was wait. About 3 hours after taking them I did have a BM and just normal stomach cramping. Luckily that was it, I had none of the terrible side effects."

Relieved (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Constipation "I took these due to severe constipation and pain in my stomach from not being able to go to the toilet. I took two tablets around 3/4pm thinking maybe I'd go before bed time. How wrong was I. By 4am I was in bed biting down on the duvet trying not to moan in utter agony. I was literally trying to rip the bedding with the pain. I have a high pain threshold but no words can describe the pain and cramps I suffered that night. I must have gone to the toilet 4 or 5 times and it was utter liquid that came out not softer stools which is what I was hoping for. Saying that... I was able to poop which is what I needed but the pain was shocking. You can't have one without the other with these tablets. Take at your own risk!!!!"

IrishLady (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Constipation "I took one pill because all of the reviews warn against taking two and I’m the kind of person who will do almost anything not to throw up. Anyway, took one pill because I haven’t gone in a while and it’s now thirteen hours later and I’ve felt nothing. About four hours ago my stomach felt a little bit gurgly, but that was that. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe I should take two, but I don’t really want to risk it. This didn’t work for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Constipation "I have bowel issues and have taken miralax on occasion with some relief but decided to try Dulcolax today... The pain is unbearable. Cramps and nausea should be stated on the box as it main effects with constipation Relief as a 3rd derivative side effect. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys cramps and wants to be up all night throwing up. I’ve been searching far and wide for a solution for the painful cramps... but can’t find any because almost every review just talks about dying or comparing the feeling to childbirth. Thank you Dulcolax I will no longer be having children because I cannot comprehend bearing this pain again."

26 year old girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "First took Dulcolax as a bowel prep in conjunction with Miralax. They found diverticulitis and a 2cm cancerous polyp. Small bowel resection performed. That bowel prep combo was brutal (pretreat area with desitine) so I'm more concerned with bowel movements and pressure being regular now. 2 dulcolax isn't the right dosage for me. If you are generally regular and you are a couple days over due here's my advice. Take ONE tablet early saturday morning with about 20 ounces of water. Within 2-5 hours you'll notice the cramping and you should have a bowel movement sometime Saturday afternoon to night. If you take it at night it will wake you up and you will have some residual effects the next day. So I never take when I have to work the next day. Taking 2 is too much and the movement becomes watery for 12 hours with an uncomfortable feeling the second day all day. Medication acts differently on everyone so adjust your dosage afterward trying just 1."

Cerryberry August 12, 2018

For Constipation "Please please do not use this medicine if you do not want to feel miserable for at least 24 hours. This was literally the worst pain I have ever felt (akin to childbirth). I took it around 10:30am because I was taking a sick day. By 1pm I was hunched over with sweat and chills and severe severe cramping. I threw up twice and kept feeling like I had to “go” but nothing would come out until hour 13. By then I was exhausted and woke up the next day still in a complete fog and feeling sick. Please do not take this medicine."

Trinity (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Constipation "My boyfriend is 27 and he is getting a colonoscopy done tomorrow afternoon. He had to take two dulcolax at noon today and instantly fell asleep. Then at 6pm, he had to drink about eight 8oz glasses of a powdered solution called Golytely that was mixed with water and refrigerated. About three hours into the dulcolax alone (about 3:15) he said he was cramping, nothing major though. After drinking all 8 glasses of the added solution, he started getting cold sweats (he was freezing in our 80 degree room!), having muscle spasms in the left side of his neck and left shoulder but claimed to no longer have cramps. Not sure which medication it was that could have caused that. I looked up the side effects to both and neither of them said anything like what he is experiencing now. From what I see on here, the cold sweats seem to be from the dulcolax. Not sure if it caused the muscle spasms or if that was just coincidental from falling asleep so quick and possibly sleeping in an odd position."

InsertNameHere August 7, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...