User Reviews for Dulcolax

Bowel Preparation
5.5

Summary of Dulcolax reviews 5.5 598 reviews

Reviews for Dulcolax

For Constipation "I recommend it. Yes, a lot of other people say the cramping is bad but to be honest when I am constipated, the heavy feeling and bloating pain I have, the nausea, the chest pains I have are nothing comparable to the cramps I get when taking ducolax. I have been taking ducolax for about a year now, 4 times out of five it will work! The intensity of cramps it causes (for me) depends on how long I have been constipated...so overrall, yes it can cause some bad cramping but in the end it is a big relief. (Also just want to point out that different people can tolerate different amounts of pain...pain can be different for everyone) Hope everything works out..but of course always speak to a doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure"

Xaloclud (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

For Constipation "this is the worst pain I've felt it’s not like regular cramps it kind of works but I’m not sure the severe pain is worth trying it"

C (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Constipation "I honestly didn't have such a bad experience as many other on here. I took 3 because I'm 5'8" 190lbs. and about 6 hours later I started getting cramping. I immediately searched up reviews and I saw all these horrific reviews and I thought I was done for. The cramping did get pretty bad but only lasted about 10 minutes. I went to the bathroom after and haven't had any more cramping or bowel movements since. I gave a 6 because the cramping can hurt really bad but for me it was very short."

Anonymous July 3, 2018

For Constipation "The box claims GENTLE. The box is full of lies. Taking one does not bother me, save for a bit of nausea; but help me if I take more than that. Unknowing, I took 2 and woke up at 3-something-AM doubled over in agony. Not pain, AGONY. In fact, I am having what I am to believe as constipation cramps, and I do not know which I would rather deal with... the stabbing, dull throb right now, or the "oh take me now" pain. "

kek (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

For Constipation "I just took two tablets about 5 mins ago. I wish I had read these before taking them lol. Apparently I’m in for a world of pain. Hoping I don’t poo the bed. It’s 5:43 pm. I’m assuming I’m going to be up around 11pm sweating and cramping."

Fittens (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Constipation "This drug causes INTENSE stomach pain and cramping. I even feel nauseous. I will not take it again."

Ally (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Constipation "BE VERY CAREFUL As others have described, Dulcolax produces intense stomach pain and terrible nausea. Took ONE 5mg pill at 10pm, forced awake at 3.30am with violent cramps to run to the bathroom, painful pooping and holding a plastic bucket in my arms to vomit. Forced to sit there for 45 minutes. After that episode, could not sleep again because of stomach cramps and nausea. Several more bathroom trips. Could not face food until about noon the next day- but the light meal created more painful cramps and frequent diarrhea, but it's just liquid now, from the water I drank earlier to re-hydrate. Twelve hours later stomach is still cramping and bloated, mind is like a zombie, cannot focus on the task at hand. Don't dare leave the house. I took Dulcolax last year and it worked ok, did they change the ingredients? Definitely do NOT recommend!"

MikeyA (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Constipation "This medication is awful. I took it to relieve some constipation and it’s been a nightmare. I’ve been up all night vomiting and didn’t have a bowel movement until the morning. When I finally had a bowel movement I was chained to the toilet. The cramps are super painful and nothing helps. I’m still in pain now and I wonder how much longer I will be considering I took this medication 12 hours ago. Do no take."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Constipation "I haven’t had bowel movement in a few days, so I took three pills at 12 pm with coffee. I had hoped that the pills would have kicked in more rapidly than 6 hours, given that coffee sometimes helps. I was sorely mistaken. Also, almost immediately after taking the pills, I felt fatigue and nausea. I was stuck in a three hour lecture with the worst cramps, that I have ever experienced. It felt like my intestines were ready to burst. I rushed home, going 20 miles over the speed limit in order to not poop myself. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN."

Anonymous June 14, 2018

For Constipation "I wouldn't exactly categorize this as a pleasant experience, but it wasn't the worst. I took two pills at approximately 5:00 PM. I fell asleep and woke up around 11 PM feeling noticeable pressure in my lower stomach. I tried to go to the bathroom, but nothing came out. I fell back to sleep for roughly an hour. At 12 PM I went to bathroom and passed a large amount of stool. There was some mild to moderate cramping, and I was slightly overheated, but the pain was nowhere near as excruciating as some other posts have described. I've gone through far worse pain from "natural" diarrhea. I was up and down the rest of the night every few hours. Now, at 7 AM, I am still having some diarrhea, however it is light, and I expect that it will let up in the next few hours. I feel somewhat weak and dehydrated, but it is nothing that can't be fixed by drinking water and getting some food back into my system. This was effective and did what it was supposed to."

101N June 13, 2018

For Constipation "I was on a work trip and today is day 4 and I’m only now pooping. I took two at 9 am Monday morning and it is now 5pm Tuesday. No cramps or anything I just feel like it didn’t really work considering I hadn’t had a movement since Friday. I normally have one daily. I have been drinking a ton of water and eating healthier than I do at home and use probiotics so idk why I’m backed up but the meds didn’t work in a timely fashion so that was not great."

Pooper24 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Constipation "Constipated for 2 days so had 2 Dulcolax tablets around 8:30pm, was woken around 1am with the most horrid stomach cramps I’ve ever had, felt like I was being constantly stabbed every couple of minutes in my stomach/intestines, felt faint and was vomiting because the pain was so intense. My lovely wife was there to keep an eye on me, around 2:30am finally had a bowel motion, felt like a new man straight after. Try alternatives, these tablets are dreadful!"

Brian jones (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "I was preparing for a colonoscopy at 9am the next day. I took 4 tablets of Dulcolax 5mg at 6pm the day before as instructed, along with 4 litres polyethylene glycol solutions. I didn’t feel anything from the drug at first. I had watery diarrhea throughout the night but there was no pain. I thought I was done for the prep before I went to bed. It turned out I was too naive. I woke up at around 1:30am with EXTREME cramping in my abdomen and also nausea (right now when I’m writing this review). The only thought I’m having right now is that I’m so grateful for my mom. I can now feel what she’s been through when she gave birth to me. I can’t wait for the procedure to happen in the morning. Hope the anesthesia will bring the end to all this!"

Catiger (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

For Constipation "I've taken this twice now, 1 tablet each time. 1st occasion, took the tablet then read the reviews of the medicine. I was panicking! Took the tablet @7pm, had acrobatic motions of my stomach without much pain, a combination of squatting and 'digging' I managed to pass a huge stool @9pm. I settled for the night but awoke several times with moderate cramps. By 9am I had finished! All was fine. I felt relieved! Sadly, a week later, with no BM I decided to risk it again. This time, tablet taken around 10pm. My cramps were worse this time and stomach hardened. This lasted all night. I managed to sleep a little but was quite uncomfortable. I got up around 6:30am in lots of pain. It wasn't relieved by a bath nor could I have a BM. It took about 1hr before I could pass anything and took several repeat visits before I felt well again. So ....it does the job, wasn't really awful but certainly wasn't pleasant and I'll be pleased when I no longer need to consider using it!"

Fred May 4, 2018

For Constipation "This tablet works most of the time but sometimes if you haven't drank enough water or liquids it's not going to work. To everyone who are complaining this tablet doesn't work you should know that the tablet should be consumed if you are suffering from constipation for more than 2 days. Try natural methods such as eating more fibre and drinking more water first or have psyllium husk. If all fails then take the tablet. It will surely work with sufficient water. Also take only one at a time don't go about taking 2 or 3 tablets at once, even if the package says it. Always try one first. My experience is that it takes 12-13 hrs to work, so take your tablet at 6-7 pm if you want to go at 7am."

Karie (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 4, 2018

For Constipation "I had been unable to have a BM for multiple days which resulted in trapped gas which made my abdomen feel distended with shooting pain if I moved too suddenly or sat. I took ONE tablet after dinner at 9:30 PM, which according to the instructions would produce a BM the following morning. NOPE! I had a ferocious BM at 11:30PM the same night. I had so much cramping from the Dulcolax that I vomited from the pain (at the same time... I'd laugh at myself if I wasn't groaning in pain). The experience was a bit rough but hey, it did its job. I feel better now although my abdomen is still tender."

Amanda (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

For Constipation "Product description opposite of what really occurs. Two days of excruciating pain, cramping, harshness, similar to 2 bottles of magnesium citrate when prepping for surgery. No sleep either Unable to go outside the house due to pain and unpredictability. It did "clean me out" though."

Kimy May 2, 2018

For Constipation "Worked perfect for me. I was constipated all night. Couldn't sleep, was in and out of the bathroom and had to call out from work. This was all between about 9pm until 7am when I took the dulcolax. I just took one suppository (it was anally inserted) About 15 to 20 minutes I had a bowel movement. Works very well. Now I just have a lot of gas"

ty (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Constipation "Having just gotten better from having e. coli food poisoning, I still wasn't able to poop. I hit 5 days without a poop and figured I would give laxatives a try, since I was bloated and uncomfortable. I took 4 tablets at 5:15 pm by 4 in the morning I felt I was dying. Stomach cramps so bad I could only curl up and cry. Nausea so intense I started dry heaving and then puking nothing but phlegm, and no bowel motion, then around 5 am I started pooping water. Liquid diarrhea mainly just water. It lasted all day long. This laxative left me with a destroyed stomach and lack of sleep, not to mention a sore throat, more problems than I had to begin with and one giant headache. Never again!!! Just don't do it. Believe me it is NOT worth it."

liz April 29, 2018

For Constipation "I haven't had a decent BM for weeks so I tried Dulcolax. At first, I was anxious because of the comments I read here but I went ahead and drank a tablet anyways. I took it around 10am, drank plenty of water (twice the amount of my normal intake) following the suggestions of some of the commenters here. By 6pm, I had my BM! It was swift and easy with minimal cramps towards the end. I would take it again if needed. To everyone, it really helps to DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!"

Dodie (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

For Constipation "Nooooooooolo don’t take it Worse than labor pains lasted for 48 hours also gave me a UTI This stuff needs to be removed from the market forever Honestly I have never felt that kind of pain and it’s constant Tried a heating pad that worked for about 2 seconds Please don’t buy this stuff There’s other things you can use JUST DONT USE DULCOLAX UNLESS YOU WANT Excruciating pain"

Nonya (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Had colonoscopy this AM (9 Apr 2018) Prep began on Sunday morning. This is my second, first 16 years ago. I don't remember anything bad about the first except for that nasty tasting lax. I read the post about Dulcolax and almost threw them away, Who would know, right? But I thought I had taken them the first time. Sooo. I have always drank LOTS of water, still do. 2 gallons a day is not unusual. Several posts suggested that those who had pain did not drink enough liquids before and after. I took a chance. Copious amounts of liquids Sunday AM. Peed every 20 min or so, not just a little, full bladder each time. At 1PM 4 dulcolax as directed. (I'm only just 200 lbs) Lots of gatorade white grape juice and 7up followed. Still peed a river every half hour or less. First BM at 3, soft and easy. It's almost 9 AM time for the fun and I'm about to mess the bed. Nurse says the doctor will take care of it and off we go. Scope went like a charm, talked to the Doc and back home. In bed couldn't make it to the toilet. Back in my man diaper waiting for my bowels to become stable. Now as for nausea and cramping. At 10 PM Sunday I had a very very mild case of both. But I was very hungry. Chicken broth and jello later and it went away. Was that from the Dulcolax? Don't know, not an issue. But I'm pretty sure that some of the yuk drink is still in me. My advice, drink drink drink before, during and after Dulcolax, but then that's what the instructions said."

Doug part 1 April 9, 2018

For Constipation "All constipation is not created equal. My stool is plenty soft and liquid enough, my intestines just don't move. Miralax, Metamucil, and others that draw more water into my system don't help me at all. But I find the stimulant laxative Dulcolax very effective. I never take more than one tablet. For me, it works as intended, with no cramping or other side effects. The only reason I don't give it a 10 is because the effects last for about 24 hours, so anything I eat will go right through me for at least a day after taking one."

Will In PA (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018

For Constipation "Ok so I took 2 around 8:45pm last night and I just woke up around 2:45am with cramps much like menstrual cramps. I decided to read some reviews and I am crying laughing, just waiting for the worst of it. Taking 2 was probably a mistake. I had been having BM issues for about a week and a half - hard stools, hard to pass, Bristol stool #2 mainly, having to strain a lot and not much relief generally. Now I’m scared but also I can’t stop laughing at the descriptive reviews, I’m trying not to wake my boyfriend up."

Omg (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

For Constipation "Best medication ever for chronic constipation."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2018