User Reviews for Dulcolax

Learn more about Dulcolax.

Bowel Preparation 24 reviews 114 medications

5.7
Constipation 399 reviews 244 medications

5.7
Summary of Dulcolax reviews 423 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Dulcolax

For Constipation "It didn't give me a bad experience I took one pill and another in 12 hours. I just wish it was a little stronger I did feel slight nausea but nothing too bad. I still ate on it but did stay home all day because I mean it's a laxative come on"

Anonymous February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I was really reluctant to take this suppository after reading the reviews. I think it's important to note that I am a healthy 23yr old women. I was on antibiotics and painkillers after getting my wisdom teeth out, which combined with a soft food diet was just a recipe for disaster. The dulcolax worked within twenty minutes. I didn't feel nauseous or dizzy like others reported."

Kels1 February 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "Took 2 pills at 2:30am, by 730am I had awoke to the worst cramps of my life. I've suffered from mixed irritable bowel syndrome for virtually my while life, and while I've experienced bad cramps before, this was a whole new level. I thought my wife was going to have to take me to the hospital. My symptoms were cold sweats, uncontrollable shaking, TERRIBLE cramps, nausea, feeling faint.. I just wanted it to stop. They persisted for a good hour, until I was able to get some relief through passing stool. It does work, but for people like myself with IBS it's not worth going through what I experienced for a decent BM. Will not use again."

Guest 1234568910 February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "The worst medicine I've ever taken. I took two pills the first time and woke up to terrible cramps and had a BM not only that morning but every time I went to the bathroom afterward but more like diarrhea with terrible cramps all day. I decided try just one pill a few days later and is having the same side affects . The cramps are soo bad I feel nauseous and nothing is working to stop them"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bowel Preparation "I read reviews before taking. I was very worried as I consider myself to have a weak stomach. I only took two, don't tell my doc, everything was normal so I took the 3rd an hour later. An hour after that everything still fine, no feeling at all of abdominal pain! Also, no need to go to bathroom, I did drink some water but not a lot. However, 15 minutes after taking magnesium citrate I did go 4 to 5 times without stomach or organ problems. Crazy. Also, the miralax didn't even really work and I usually have bowel movement 4 to 5 times a day. Even though I have had lots o water out of my butt I feel like not enough solids came out, strange."

Colonprepone1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "Never taking this again. I took two pills around 6:30pm. Fell asleep around midnight, but kept waking up to terrible cramping that it assumed was my period coming. I woke up for the fourth time at 3am and heard a strange noise from, I assume my intestines. Rushed to the bathroom and made a BM but it's borderline diarrhea....been sitting here for the past 25 min, to make sure it's all finished. I'm going to grab a bottle of water soon after this so I can rehydrate.."

Sitting (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "This product should be taken off the market. After having surgery a week ago the anesthesia left me with constipation. I took one pill in the am and around 5pm the severe cramping and nausea began. I am still going through it as I type this from the bathroom with cold sweats and wishing I could just die. If I had know this was the result of taking this "over the counter " medication I'd have never willingly done so. Shame on me for not checking reviews ahead of time as it looks as if more people than not have suffered the same results. Why on earth would the FDA continue to allow this drug on the market, I have no idea. I'm not even over my surgery yet, now add this to the mix? I was looking for relief. This is the exact opposite."

Dj321 January 31, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I decided to take one of these bc of "travelers constipation" I was at my hotel and was hoping this would be a simple solution to the slight constipation I get when travelling - what a mistake! I woke up middle of night and didn't know what was wrong with me - I felt like I could pass out or wondered if I was having a heart attack! never had a bowel movement either will never take ever again"

sdq January 30, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I took 2 of these at around 8, I fell asleep soon after.. I woke up all through the night with terrible cramps. Then at 2am I was stuck in the bathroom with diarrhea my stomach still hurts and I feel like I'm going to throw up. Never will I take this again. I have school in a few hours and I hope I'm good to go. >.<"

Jackyyymb January 30, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "Does what it says on the packet ! Cost me "

Di Rhea (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "Will never take these again. What is gentle about this drug anyway? After hours of horrible cramps and cold sweats and an excruciatingly painful BM the rest of this stuff is going in the trash."

Ceciliia (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "Took two at 8:00 pm. By 10:30 pm had severe cramps. Spent from 12:30-3:30 on the toilet with severe diarrhea. Had to take an Imodium to go to work the next morning as I'm still using the bathroom every 30 min. I will throw the rest in the trash. One of the worst nights of my life. I've used stool softener without such effects. Next time prunes and coffee!"

Manerva January 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I had Durolax Overnight. The first couple times I I took a Durolax Overnight laxative it worked just fine. But this time was very scary. I took the normal amount that I usually do 3 at the same time (which is recommended). I got woken out of my sleep at 430am and I felt really odd. I ran to the restroom, and I realized my vision was blurred, I was sweating, my heart was beating fast, scariest part was my hands were locked in a certain position! I couldn't move them, and my stomach was turning. I sat on the toilet to go and it wouldn't come out. Finally after a few minutes it did, and as this was happening I was throwing cold water on my face, I felt I was going to black out. After I finished I threw myself in the shower. Never again."

Woww January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I hadn't had a proper BM for about 2 weeks. I Picked up Dulcolax sensitive and took 2 pills at 10pm, at 2.38am the cramps started. It started with the worst cramps I've ever experienced together with intense nausea and vomiting, cold sweats (to the point my fingers and lips were blue) and terrible shakes. By around 4am I had my first BM which was significant and I then spent until 1.30pm continuously on the toilet simultaneously vomiting and having diarrhoea. It's now 4.30pm I can't even take a sip of water without vomiting, I'm still having painful cramps and I feel extremely weak. I would never recommend this medication to anyone, no matter how 'effective' it is."

Pollypocket1 January 16, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I take 3 pills twice a week. I take it at bedtime with TONS of water. The stomach cramps wake me up about 4am. They are fairly severe. Sometimes I get shakes or cold sweats. By 7am I have a BM but usually experience chills. I do get bad diarrhea for several hours after the first BM but after this my bloated stomach feels 1000X better and I can eat again. I get so blocked up that I don't wanna eat and feel sick. So yes there are side effects but they don't last forever and they are bearable. I'll take it again."

Hi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "Great results!!..which was unexpected after I read all the reviews on here...If you only take one with plenty of water you most likely won't feel a lot of pain...I took one pill at 4pm,it's 7:30 now and I've already had 2 BM...I'm really impressed and so glad I didn't listen to the negative comments!!..It's such a relief and I had hardly even felt anything was happening!..THE SECRET IS WATER and don't be afraid to eat!!..Nausea and sickness usually occur when your dehydrated because this product sucks all the water out of you, so yeah stay hydrated and you should be good!! Definitely will use this again"

Alex2226057 January 15, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I had a not-so-great experience. I used to take Miralax, but it caused me problems and I was taken off it. Within 2 days I was constipated again, and Dulcolax was prescribed. It was prescribed by my doctor, 2 pills were taken 6-8pm for 4 nights, as instructed. I suffered, to say the least. Horrible cramps that came and went, and the first time I had a BM I thought I was about to die. I was constantly within 15 feet of a bathroom and often got hungry (due to being emptied out, I suppose), but felt rather sick and couldn't eat much. Whenever I ate, I often had to go a few hours afterwards, and the cramps persisted. Effective? Yes. Gentle? No way. It worked, but if you're going to use it, clear out your schedule in case of side effects."

Bella S. January 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I've taken this a couple times and never really thought about the side effects because my body is unpredictable due to other sicknesses but this last time I took it, I wondered if anyone had experienced the same effects. Taking it gives you relief but not without putting you through hell first. I take it in the afternoon and wake up the next morning with horrible cramps, I get cold sweats occasionally and I start shaking. It scares the living crap out of me and then for the rest of the day I feel extremely weak. If you're gonna take this mentally prepare for that hell"

AngelBrittany (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "1 star for the inexpensive cost, no stars for its use. 36 hours and no results."

MHed (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I've taken 3 tablets everyday for 3 days and I still haven't pooped yet! I'm so constipated it's ridiculous!!!"

Still haven't pooped January 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I was recommended Dulcolax after I hadn't been able to have a BM after surgery on my back passage. I took 2 tablets at 2.30 pm as I was desperate and at 9.00 pm I had an easy to pass (being first BM after surgery) BM followed by 3 more trips before midnight to the bathroom ending in diarrhoea. I didn't experience any of the cramps, shakes or vomiting as reported by so many others. I'm still experiencing diarrhoea now 2 days later and although it's painful still, this is only due to the surgery I under went 6 days ago. Please remember every single person who takes Dulcolax will have a different experience to the next as our bodies will all respond differently to this medication . I would definitely take Dulcolax again. Hope this helps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I took docolox to help me use the restrooom I took it before bed like directions said. Along about 4 am I broke out in excessive sweating, shaking with cold sweats. I had severe stomache cramps. I seriously thought I was going to die!!! I laid on the end of the bed turned the fan on because of severe sweating but had blankets covering me because I was so cold. That lasted about 30 minutes. After that I had a bowel movement but I got such a upset stomach I thought I was going to vomit. Thankfully I didn't. Was one of the worse experiences I ever went through. This stuff ought to be banned! I will never use again"

Donna Crayne (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "As a reminder (to myself and all others) that come on here, stupidly, to read reviews - people are 10 x more likely to post a negative experience vs a positive experience! I have been backed up for what seems like weeks with only the "1" on the Bristol scale, which is the small round shaped eliminations, and they are only happening every three days or so, one or two at a time. Mag Cit didn't work and I can't handle Miralax so it was Dulcolax for me. Why I came to read these reviews is beyond me because I already knew I was going to get freaked out. But, I took two at 2pm...drank water, had some lunch. I've taken these before, pretty sure they're no big deal; giving them a 10. Relax and remember people...10 x more likely to post negative!"

Hopeful4Freedom January 4, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "Took 2 tablets and went to bed. Experienced some cramping at around 6am the next morning. But around 6:30am the cramping was horrible. Vomiting and diarrhea so much. After about 3 hours of on the toilet and my head in a trash can, I finally was able to sleep. I will never take this again. I have been weak, nausea, and cramping still all day. I am afraid to eat something. I did not drink water before taking this, so if you do take it hydrate yourself before, don't eat a big meal before (like I did), and do it in a day where you have zero plans."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Constipation "I hadn't had a bowel movement in six days, because I had surgery and constipation is a side effect of anesthesia and pain meds. First time taking a laxative. Rarely ever constipated, I was desperate and I took three Dulcolax at around 10:30 pm...then I came online to read how it worked for other people and was terrified by all the reviews! I was afraid to sleep, but I drifted off. At around 1:40 am, I woke up to digestive sounds and felt the need to GO. I finally had a bowel movement, everything went smoothly and went back to bed. Everything went fine, but all the negative reviews are enough for me not to chance taking Dulcolax again."

ConstipationNation (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016