Dulcolax - when does the diarrhea start to wear off?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 22, 2020.
Dulcolax is a stimulant laxative used to relieve occasional constipation.The diarrhea effect is a listed side effect and varies with each individual. As the medication level drops the stimulant effect will diminish.
It takes approximately 6 to 8 hours to produce its effects.
The medication is metabolized in the body and roughly half is removed in 16 hours, with half of the remaining medicine removed after each consecutive 16 hours time frame.
Some bulking food items like bananas, apples or pasta may help slow the diarrhea naturally.
Related Medical Questions
- Dulcolax - How long after taking the pills can I expect a bowel movement?
- Dulcolax - How long does it take for bisacodyl to clear your system?
- Dulcolax Information for Consumers
- Dulcolax Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Dulcolax (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Dulcolax (33 questions, 50 members)