Dulcolax - How long after taking the pills can I expect a bowel movement?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 6, 2022.
I have been instructed to take them at 3pm but have a public function at 5:30pm until 7pm.
After taking Dulcolax tablets you should have a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours. Dulcolax suppositories generally produces bowel movements in 15 minutes to 1 hour. Different people may however feel the effects at different times.
Dulcolax (bisacodyl) is a laxative that stimulates bowel movements. Dulcolax is used to treat constipation or to empty the bowels before surgery, colonoscopy, x-rays, or other intestinal medical procedure.
For more information visit: https://www.drugs.com/dulcolax.html
Related medical questions
- Dulcolax - when does the diarrhea start to wear off?
- Dulcolax - How long does it take for bisacodyl to clear your system?
- Dulcolax Information for Consumers
- Dulcolax Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Dulcolax (detailed)
Related support groups
- Dulcolax (33 questions, 52 members)