User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Agoral, Black Draught, Correctol Herbal Tea Laxative, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Gentlax, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, Perdiem Overnight, Senexon, Senna Concentrate, Senna Lax, Senna-gen, Senokot, Senokot Child, Senokot To Go, SenokotXTRA, Senolax, SenoSol, SenoSol-X, Swiss Kriss, Uni-Cenna, X-Prep …show all brand names

Constipation
5.7

Bowel Preparation
4.5

Summary of Senna reviews 5.7 110 reviews

Reviews for Senna

For Constipation: "Tried one tablet for constipation (due to meds). Worked very nicely next morning with no awful effects such as what some people experienced on it. HOWEVER I do have an inflamed stomach. So can't have too much gluten or chilli (but get away with it here and there). The pain in my abdomen after taking this, the next day was excrutiating. It hurt to breath, even lying down was difficult. I'm scared to try another Senna pill. I am now drinking 1/3 glass of 100% prune, which also works well (with no side effects). Shame as I'd prefer the Senna pills (due to low tolerance to juice)."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Constipation: "Hi, took Psyllium Husk fibre capsules that contained Senna for constipation. Although the regular Psyllium Husk works well, the Senna does not agree with me. It did work well, but I have some unpleasant reactions : nausea, headache, loss of appetite, tachycardia. Very unpleasant. Will stay with the standard Psyllium Husk."

Rogue September 17, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I bought Senokot syrup for my 82 year old mother but it is impossible for her to view the dosage instructions or info on side effects as the info was stuck to the side of the bottle under 3 layers is wrapper. It is very dangerous not to make the dosage info more visible especially for elderly patients who may not be dexterous enough to find the instructions."

Agnes (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I have taken senokot for about 4 years couple times a month now I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and suffer serious constipation I take 2 before bed and and other than little cramping bowel movement passes as if normal and no other side effects. Tried dulcolax just to see the difference and worst experience of my life. Would definitely stay with senakot from now on."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

For Constipation: "This pill is the worst I took it Saturday night nothing happened until Sunday night which was the worst pain of my life. Now it is Wednesday and I am still in pain on my left side this pain is unbearable - never again."

Keisha September 12, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "While I was on vacation in malaysia, I took Senokot because I was constipated. 4 pills before I was going to bed were enough to make me sick for 3 entire days: cramps, severe migraine, dizzyness, vomiting 2 times, difficult breathing... PLEASE don't take this ever!!"

Leeko (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Constipation: "This pill was recommended and prescribed by a doctor. I started off by taking one a day and did not get any results and got upped to two pills a day. Once this happened I developed an allergic reaction or maybe an unwritten side effect. I grew blisters (not hives) all over my hands and head and ears. I got a few on my bottom as well. In terms of effectiveness this was not effective at all. I remained constipated and had a bad reaction to the pill. Now I'm dealing with being itchy, having blisters, and. I am still constipated. I hope no one experiences what i did."

John Doe (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This worked so well for me that I was driven to write a review which I never do! I had constipation issues for 3 days, took this last night, and today I wasn’t even in pain from it as I had worried, I just had the slight urge to go- and it was so easy. Thank you!!!!"

Senokotyayyy (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I've suffered from constipation for as long as I can remember. Only having a BM maybe once or twice a week, if I'm lucky. A family member suggested senokot. I take two every night before bed, and have a (very runny) BM when I wake up. I don't usually get cramping or any other side effect, but when I have to go...I HAVE to go ;) I did read where some suggest that taking this long term can make ones bowels sluggish, and may stain the GI tract. Well, they were pretty darn sluggish before senokot, and I don't care what color my colon is. So, I'm going to continue to use them."

Moosenuckle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

Fletchers Castoria (senna) for Constipation: "My Mother gave me this every day for years. I later developed ulcerative colitis, but not sure it had anything to do with the castoria."

Ravon (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2018

For Constipation: "This worked a charm. I suffer with constipation also I have tears in the anus (anal fissures) which are painful. Although senna does give a bit of a bad stomach ache before you actually go to the toilet, when you have taken them you feel so cleared out. Also if you do suffer with (anal fissure) they bring next to no pain which makes it a lot easier to go"

bexx12345 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This works like a charm. I feel really bad for those who it doesn't work for or causes extreme pain. Seems those of us who suffer from chronic constipation it really works well. I never have pain, works quick, and clears everything right out. I never have any pain while using this product, however I do have to go to the bathroom 5-6 times after using it for the next few hours. But when I take this, it's because I really need it. So, I love it."

Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This worked really well for me. I was completely constipated for two weeks, and had tried Milk of Magnesia and Dulcolax with no effect at all. My Dr. recommended Senokot, and I took 1 of the Extra Strength at bedtime. It took 12 hours for me, but then everything got moving with ease again. I didn’t have cramps, pain, or diarrhea. I would definitely use this again."

Feelingbetter (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I am a 20y/o student and recently I was having a hard time going to the restroom. One of my mother's friends recommended this medication and at first I was hesitant but it is the best thing that ever happened to me. When I can't go or I am bloated, I take it and it either works 24 hrs from the time taken or 2-3 hrs after. I love this, highly recommended!"

Frances (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Hi I couldn’t go toilet for more than a week (although I do suffer with constipation). I took Senokot at night and the next day (around 3pm I had the urge to go. I went three times roughly and hour apart and ended up with diarrhea??? I did feel relieved but still a week later I’m stuck again????"

Hat (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took one dose and nothing. Took second dose and that’s when the headache and cramps, and the stomach gurgles started. It sure cleared the pipes, but wow liquid fire from within and lived in my bathroom for a day. I was tempted to just sleep on my bathroom floor to make it easier.. Once I thought nothing more could possibly come out, a new wave would hit.. can’t even eat crackers or it goes right through."

Me August 4, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I suffer with IBS-c (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation) and rarely will have a bowel movement naturally. I take sennacot-s every 3 days and it consistently produces a bowel movement but it varies how my body reacts to the medication. At times I have to take two or three doses and other times it causes extreme cramps, nausea and diarrhea after one dose. Unfortunately any stimulant laxatives such as this cause “lazy bowel” and dependency issues. So although effective, I would recommend starting with something different such as lax-a-day before turning to this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2018

For Constipation: "Do not take this. I'd been constipated for days but the cramps it causes is unbelievable. I've been to loo 6 times now in space of an hour and every time I think I'm done the cramp is back and I have to go again. It's brutal, absolutely brutal."

Heggybhoy82 July 23, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Did not work at all. Took at night time nothing happened next morning accept for occasional period pain but I was due on soon anyway so could of been that. Took another dosage that next day to see if maybe I needed more for it to kick in. Nothing... All it did was give me a headache. Bloated and a lot of gas. Would never use again and chucked the rest in the bin."

Denise (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

Senna Lax (senna) for Constipation: "I took two pills of the Senna Lax about 5 hours ago, at like 3:30am. Before that I'd been on and off constipated and gone to the hospital twice for severe nausea and stomach cramps. These pills worked within an hour for me, even though it says it takes 8-12 hours to kick in. The stomach cramping hasn't bothered me yet because I've had stomach cramps for almost a week now. So, sadly I'm already used to it. I've had 3 bowel movements within the last 4 hours. I was kinda scared to take it too because of the side effects and my history with horrible IBS. But so far, so good."

Fae1990 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Constipation: "Two of these at bedtime with full glass of water and wow, clean out time. No cramps at all and only had cramps once or twice in the many times I have used Senna. Excellent remedy. Suggest for first time try one regular strength and see how it works for you."

WJ (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Yeah it didn’t work. I took it 18hours ago and nothing"

Bethy (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Taken Senokot a couple of times the past few weeks and found it to be effective with little to no side effects. Took only one yesterday at 8am, it kicked in at 3pm and ohhh boyyy. I visited the toilet 7 times in the space of a few hours, I had horrendous stomach cramps, nausea and vomiting and couldn't hold anything down all day. It is now 5pm the following day and I still have cramping, similar to food poisoning. Yes, it will clear out the pipes, but is it worth it to feel like this? Will stick to ducolax in future!"

JJ123456 July 6, 2018

Senna Lax (senna) for Constipation: "Took two max strength at midnight and went to sleep shortly after. 4 hours later I woke up with the most severe cramps imaginable! I felt like an alien was ripping my bowels and colon up! I've never experienced cramp so bad in my life anywhere in my body. I was moaning in pain laying down with my knees bent up in-between trips to the toilet to see if I could shift anything to relieve the cramps but nothing came except the pain. I took the recommended dosage and followed the instructions. 6 hours later I went to the toilet ( a few times in a row) Was it worth the pain? Not in my experience I used the max strength senokot 2 tablets."

Up all night June 26, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "It doesn't work in the slightest. Don't waste your time."

Hypeson May 26, 2018