User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Agoral, Black Draught, Correctol Herbal Tea Laxative, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Gentlax, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, ...show all 30 brand names

Learn more about Senna.

Constipation 46 reviews 247 medications

6.3
Bowel Preparation 2 reviews 115 medications

4.5
Summary of Senna reviews 48 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Senna

For Constipation: "I am befuddled as 2 all the negative reviews of Senna-Lax on here.I don't know if people r taking over the prescribed amount on the bottle.But you should only start w/ 2 of the 8.6 tablets (to start off) @ bedtime with a glass or 2 with water.You will have a bowel movement, maybe several the following morning.It takes about 8-10 hours to work.Sometimes, I will have a cup (but no more)of black coffee.Yes, u will get some cramping & have 2 go several times, but that means it is working! I would much rather put up with a days worth of minor cramping, than suffer with constipation, & toxic stuff sitting in my system.The reason u are going alot, is because it is removing all the "backed-up" waste that has been sitting in colon, &it's a laxative!"

Josephine5 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Have IBS & on strong meds for ongoing pains elsewhere. I get bunged up quite a lot & have been again more so than usual for a few days. I took my pain relief meds as usual all day Monday, tried to go to the loo again on Monday night but couldn't & I was doubled over in constipation pain, so I took 2 Senokot. All day Tuesday I was asleep on & off. Couldn't eat or drink a thing and felt very sick with stomach pains, couldn't even talk properly. In the evening I drank some water but each sip went through me, it was like a laxative! Today (Wednesday),I still feel very sick and every little thing I've tried to eat or drink goes through me. I'm also getting a migraine and although I feel better than yesterday, I still feel ill.Rather be bunged up!"

I feel so ill :-( (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Helps relieve constipation but gave me the worst stomach pains ever! to the point where I was bent over and couldn't stand back up. Wouldn't take them again"

Lzo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took one the first night, got cramps and diarrhea, ate half the next night was ok, half the third and nothing. Took one the next got cramps and diarrhea. Took 3/4 th of a tab for two nights straight, nothing, nothing. Took 1 the next night STILL nothing."

Just to help (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I'm usually okay going to the bathroom, as I have IBS-D but for some reason I felt like I was backed up still expelling a little here and there but not satisfied I was OK. So I decided at 6pm to take senna and BAM at 730pm I had the sudden urge to go to the bathroom almost didn't make it. However while releasing the explosive diarrhea I was in a chronic state of pain. It's now 8 pm and I am hoping that the pain stays away. Which from what I am reading it' can last awhile. If you want instant relief this helped me I took one tablet. However everyone is different. Happy pooping trails."

Ongoing Bowels April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Senna totally works if you take the right amount, I see one girl took too much and experienced horrible cramps, yes you may get a little stomach pain but think about what's going on inside of your body, the best way after you use senna or if you don't find it works eat strawberries, papaya and blueberries on a little bit of shredded wheat cereal, more fruit than cereal... and continue to eat fruit, a ton like a full cereal or salad bowl full of strawberries blueberries papaya BlackBerries apples... in the morning! Food is medicine and fruit in the morning should be a requirement in life!"

Poopla (taken for 10 years or more) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fletchers Castoria (senna) for Constipation: "After getting out of the hospital following a heart attack, I was so constipated that nothing I tried would help me to have a bowel movement. I tried everything that others suggested, even ate prunes dried and boiled, finally, I found a bottle of children's castoria in my medicine closet that I kept there for my children. I took the Castoria, and was relieved to have a bowel movement within 12 hours. Thank you Castoria!!! The only side effect was that I have been regular ever since!"

Lorraine17 January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Nothing ! Used for three days and took more than recommended two ! When u have constipation u want some immediate effect in at least in 8 hours - as this one suggests to work ! Rubbish !"

Nethtyuvh January 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Oh holy god, I have very mixed feelings about this senokot, it is effective at getting things moving, took it four days in a row and on the fourth day, I now have the most horrific stomach cramps ever, the worst I've ever had by far and I keep having to go over and over again, I've already gone three times today and as I write this, I feel the urgency again, I will not be taking these again that's for sure, they do work but these cramps (which I see others have reported too) are really really not worth the bother."

Anonymity32 January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Constipated since Christmas day 2016 now Jan 10th 2017. Went a little every couple of days nothing to write home about. Took one senokot last night at 9pm. 7:30am next morning had some rumblings a little cramp then went as normal. Felt a little nausea and a bit of tummy ache for 30 mins then ok. Thank goodess."

Jorel January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Constipated for 8 days (I blame vegan Chinese food). I don't eat meat or dairy but everything backs me up since I was a kid. Picked up a box of store brand sennosides 25mg. Took 2 in the morning and then two in afternoon and evening. Got a bit moving next day but barely anything. I took 2 more and a good bit of tea and it's been slow going (a little every few hours) but it's working. Smooth move (senna tea) is the worst pain in the world. I'll definitely be switching to these from now on. Still a good bit of sharp pains but much better than the tea. On a normal person, go grab a bottle of magnesium citrate and drink with two of these. Be prepared for a poo storm but comes faster and easier and less painful than this alone (helped with last push)"

8DaysConstipated (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I take opiate pain relievers, but if I do some walking, I usually don't have a problem. When I stay in the house too long I get constipated pretty badly. It's been about 8 months since I've taken any Sennakot, so, I figured it would work. The ones I'm taking are 8.6mg and I've found in the past that if I only take 2 or 3, nothing happens. I found that I need 5 or 6. Sometimes I would get some bad stomach pain, but it was a small price to pay to get some relief.Twice this week I've taken 6 before bed (8am), but nothing happened. The second time while getting up to use the bathroom, I felt it working and went back to sleep, but when I got up an hour later, nothing. Anybody else have this happen? Maybe I sleep past my opportunity."

Iconoclasticat December 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senna Lax (senna) for Constipation: "Worst stomach pain I have ever felt! Also very nauseous! Stomach pain is not relieved with using the restroom. I have a stomach disorder so I know stomach pain very well. Would never use again."

Yikes!!! December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I had relief in less than 6 hours had surgeries back to back and was prescribed oxycodone which made it worse was back up for a week before going to the Er but senna gave me instant relief still have to strain a little"

Kedra (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Lose the commercial where the old guy mispronounces senokot and says senoKOOT..need a new advertising team!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!!"

Anonymous November 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I took two at 8pm and then the next morning....nothing at all happened,just a few stomach grumbles. I think I may have to increase the dosage today as it didn't work. I've had laxatives that work in 8 hours,really quick and really affective with 1/2 pills. However this one you need to slowly build up intake of tablets everyday -.- which is a bother."

MilkDuds (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation: "I drank 12 oz. of a popular senna tea on two consecutive days, while drinking only clear liquids. This was preceded by two days of "full liquids". It caused diarrhea that cleaned me out, but now my tongue has big raw red patches on it. Two days later and my tongue is beginning to heal. Any ideas?"

Diggitydoo October 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula (senna) for Constipation: "I took Exlax yesterday morning and a few hours later screaming with pain.. I've puked and puked from the pain in my belly.will never use again and it's been 36 hours and still no bowl movement just horrible pain."

Please stop the pain October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Took 2 pills @9pm went to sleep - gas approx 5am- soft stool passing for @6:50am-7:20am"

It all came out (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "Medication induced constipation as well as gastroparesis: Have tried every single laxative and Rx treatment for constipation so bad I'd feel sick. I take 8 mg of senna at night and it works wonders in 8 hours. Most importantly, it doesn't give me severe bloating which every other single laxative has in the past. I also take probiotics and use an electrolyte preparation as sometimes it works too well and I read somewhere, someplace that probiotics could help bloating. I'm so sorry to read of many people's terrible experiences. Milk of magnesia is MUCH gentler than anything I've ever tried. Maybe some of you can try this for occasional constipation. It is very gentle and works without cramping but makes me bloated."

Jippyrapafrack (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Well. I took 4 tablets as directed before I went to bed. After around 12 hours, the tablets allowed me to use the bathroom as soon I awoke in the afternoon. Insane diarrhea though, but I'm glad that it helped my constipation."

Courtney3619460 August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took two one day then 2 more 36 hours later. Did not help much with my constipation. Also very bad leg cramp during the night. Also cramp in my left arm which went down to my fingertips. I have not experienced such painful cramp before so will not take these tablets again."

littlepeaches (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I'd rather stay constipated than used this again! Used Coloxyl with Senna to treat 4-day constipation due to a viral stomach bug. Supposed to work in 8 hours but 4 hours after taking 1 tablet i got bad stomach pains, nausea and a general unwell feeling. Lasted all night and into the next morning."

Neveragain846362 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took two before bed after being advised to by my doctor, woke up feeling the same. After a few hours needed to go but nothing came out, went to work and felt my stomach churning and groaning. Got home had my dinner and now diorhea. But not explosive or terrible ! A tiny belly ache but nothing bad. At least everything's moving !"

Hwkb (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Used twice so far had rather fast relieve within an hr or 2, was up and down the toilet a few time but would rather have it out than in."

emma p June 21, 2016