User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Agoral, Black Draught, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Gentlax, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, Perdiem Overnight, ...show all 28 brand names

Learn more about Senna.

Constipation 26 reviews 244 medications

6.1
Bowel Preparation 1 reviews 114 medications

Summary of Senna reviews 27 reviews 4.5

Reviews for Senna

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took two one day then 2 more 36 hours later. Did not help much with my constipation. Also very bad leg cramp during the night. Also cramp in my left arm which went down to my fingertips. I have not experienced such painful cramp before so will not take these tablets again."

littlepeaches (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

For Constipation: "I'd rather stay constipated than used this again! Used Coloxyl with Senna to treat 4-day constipation due to a viral stomach bug. Supposed to work in 8 hours but 4 hours after taking 1 tablet i got bad stomach pains, nausea and a general unwell feeling. Lasted all night and into the next morning."

Neveragain846362 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took two before bed after being advised to by my doctor, woke up feeling the same. After a few hours needed to go but nothing came out, went to work and felt my stomach churning and groaning. Got home had my dinner and now diorhea. But not explosive or terrible ! A tiny belly ache but nothing bad. At least everything's moving !"

Hwkb (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Used twice so far had rather fast relieve within an hr or 2, was up and down the toilet a few time but would rather have it out than in."

emma p June 21, 2016

For Constipation: "I was recommended to take Senna-S but drug Mart said their brand Senna-lax was the same thing. I took 2 pills as directed and for the past 5 days I have had explosive constant diarrhea, black liquid, yellow mucous coming out non stop. Horrible stomach pain and can not eat and deathly afraid to eat. Made me feel worse than the flu. Have been in bed 4 days and I am Hospice patient so would never ever recommend this. I have had several colonoscopies and their preparation was no way as bad as this. I won't buy drug generics from any drug store again. Pay the regular price as the drug mart generics are not worth the results."

Stomachs agony June 14, 2016

For Constipation: "Took 2 tablets nothing happened.. The next night I took 4, I had a bowel movement but it wasn't soft! Took 2 in the morning and 4 before bed, nothing! Gave myself a couple of days break and last night I had 4 before bed and today they all must of caught up on me, I've been sitting on the toilet for what feels like all afternoon with the runs"

Maddymoocow June 12, 2016

For Constipation: "Feels like my stomachs has been scraped out !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

For Constipation: "My medicine gives me extreme constipation all the time. My number 2 norm is about once a week. My doctor prescribed this med last Wednesday so I've been taking 2 pills/day for more than a week and still have seen no improvement. I do feel bad for the rest of you for being in so much pain and agony. I'm not sure if taking the generic brand works differently I wouldn't imagine. I'm just wondering how long I should keep taking it with no results."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Constipation: "I hadn't been to the bathroom for almost one week. My stomach was rock hard, and I felt so sick. I took three senna tablets at 7pm. At around 2am I woke up with the most horrible stomach cramps and gas. I lay on my left side with a cushion pressing into my cramping stomach until 5am I had the most intense urge to poo. I barely made it on the toilet.. I had explosive diarrhea. It was the most painful stomach cramps I have ever had, I sat on the toilet for an hour bent over my legs crying from the pain. I still feel sick and crampy at 6pm. It did get the poo out but it was horrifically painful."

Madster (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Constipation: "I followed the instructions and took 2 tablets at about 2pm, hoping by morning to have a bowel movement. I recently had surgery and after release from the hospital have been stopped up due to the continued pain meds. Unfortunately, this worked too well...I have had waterfall/explosive diarrhea for the past 5 hrs. I am trying to stay hydrated and ate a bowl of rice to try to offset the flow, but here I am still living on the pot...I feel weak and have chills all over my body from the dehydration. I do not recommend taking this medicine if you can move anything through your bowels (hard as it may be), or at least start with a half dose and see how that works first. It took about 3 hrs to start working, not a full overnight."

Kat840012 March 4, 2016

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Traveling abroad and had three days of constipation. Normally I'm a daily guy. Thought my system was holding onto something bad I ate so I decided it needed a little help expelling big bad toxins. Senokot did just that and more! I took one dose at 9pm. By 3am I was on the pot with explosive diarrhea. It's 630am and I'm back on the pot writing this warning for others to heed. I have to travel at 9am. I hope this ends soon as taking Imodium is not idea either. I probably should have drank prune juice instead."

Explosive Diarrhea (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "First time it was smooth going.. second time, severe stomach cramps for 2 days, near tears, would run to bathroom and nothing..worse than the flu, lightheaded, pale face, coldsweat like I was going to pass out, and I'm home alone with a 2 yr old!!"

shellboo (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Constipation: "It was a long 3 days of food eating in the Christmas holidays. None stop eating of diversified, cultural, gourmet food, that literally hardened like cement in my intestines blocking the only safe exit passage of excessive debris. Finally took one blue pill as a desperate measure for relieving myself like a normal human being feeling like a pig. Having farted a single time three hours later, I had to take my second blue pill and hope for the best. Will get back to you with an update report as soon as a major bowel evacuation occurs."

Bethany Cole (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took only one tablet (directions said to take 2) at 9pm after being constipated and miserable for a week. Two hours later I was doubled over with the most agonizingly painful stomach cramps I have ever experienced. Was on the toilet for 3 hours without any bowel movement, literally screaming from the pain. I honestly thought I was going to have to call 911. Finally had explosive diarrhea for the next hour. Slept on the bathroom floor and had intermittent diarrhea all night. I would rather be constipated for a month than go through that again. Second worst pain I've ever experienced (first worst was a second degree sunburn on my feet and legs)."

NoNoNoNoNo September 21, 2015

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I had a bit of constipation and it was getting uncomfortable so I decided to take 2 senekot. I probably should not have taken 2 as the next day I couldn't keep off the toilet and by the second day I had to take imodium which is the opposite because I kept having diarrhoea and it seems to be making feel really light headed. I drank lots of water. It definitely relieves constipation but way too much!! So if you are severely constipated it's worth a go."

SarahMannion92 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

Senokot (senna) for Bowel Preparation: "It takes 5 of these tablets to do the same job as one small little powerful dulcolax tabs...but with far less pain."

sennygirl July 25, 2015

For Constipation: "Had an awful stomach bug which caused me surprisingly to become very constipated. I could just about manage to pass very small bowel movement but not enough to feel fully relieved. I took a senna tablet at about 11pm because i had awful stomach pain, at about 1pm i started to have the urge to go to the toilet. Senna is fabulous!"

Anonymous April 19, 2015

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I suffered constipation for the past three days because of traveling. I tried a bunch of home remedies but nothing seemed to work, and I felt extremely uncomfortable with stomach pain as well. So, I went to the nearest pharmacist and they gave me Senokot. They told me to take two Senokot tablets straight away, so I took two at 3:00 P.M. As I waited I still felt very uncomfortable. At about 10:00 P.M my stomach started to make some noises, so I assumed that the laxatives were finally kicking in. At around 12 I went to the bathroom, and finally I was able to get some bowel movement! I still had to push and all, but it did come out eventually and I was extremely happy as I felt fresh afterwards. No pain at all!"

charlotte1234 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2014

Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills (senna) for Constipation: "Every time I take one it causes me so much pain I feel like I'm going to double over. It's effective but painful. "

ABLR February 17, 2014

For Constipation: "This worked perfectly fine the first time; I went so much! The only complaint is cramps and bloating and just be aware that when it hits you. You gotta go. So don't be in class or a meeting, but i guess that's a given when taking laxatives. Overall good product that gets the job done."

rizzzo (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2012

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "For the second time in few months I'm getting hives an hour or so after taking this medication. First time around they were really bad. Second time as soon as I got the itching and few hives I took an antihistamine that helped with the hives."

A_S March 22, 2012

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "First day I used it- woke up at 3 am with a roaring stomach pain, sat on the toilet for about an hour with diarrhea!"

paininmytummy September 10, 2011

For Constipation: "Was up to 4 Exlax a day. Started drinking 2 cups of senna leaf tea and have not taken any Exlax, 6 days so far. A bit of stomach cramps that I didn't get with the Exlax but less expensive."

Anonymous January 17, 2011

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I used Senokot for about 2 years and it made no improvement, I was still going to the toilet around once a week and it made no effect."

Anonymous June 20, 2010

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "My doctor had prescribed Senokot 8.6mg tablets, 1x twice daily as needed to help compensate for my constipation that is commonly caused by narcotic pain relievers, such as Morphine, Methadone, oxycodone. At first it was great. I had no discoloration, no bloating, it was comfortable and gentle, almost as if it were natural. However, after about 3 months my bowels did start to become lazy and my Doctor had to give me something else in which to alternate off and on with. If while on this you notice the time between movements has increased to the point where you are "certain" it has, TELL YOUR DOCTOR! You'll just hurt yourself more the longer you wait."

At first glance... April 10, 2010

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate