User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Senokot, Senexon, Senna Lax, Ex-Lax, Senolax, Agoral, Senokot Child, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Senokot To Go, Correctol Herbal Tea Laxative, Swiss Kriss, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Gentlax, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Fletchers Castoria, X-Prep, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Senna-gen, Innerclean, Uni-Cenna, Senna Concentrate, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Black Draught, Perdiem Overnight, SenoSol, SenoSol-X, SenokotXTRA …show all brand names

Constipation
5.7

Bowel Preparation
3.3

Summary of Senna reviews 5.7 141 reviews

Reviews for Senna

Nicki August 14, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I took two of these for constipation and saw no results nor did I have any bowel movement the first day. The next day I took two again and the flood gates opened but It was severe stomach cramps for about an hour and then began to ease after my bowels had opened. Then I got up and they started again. I took these maybe an hour or two before bed and woke up at 4:30 am. Bottom line it works well but causes extreme discomfort in the process."

Bigkid · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2019

For Constipation: "I used one tablet of the natural senna tablets made with natural plants. It worked fine for me. I did not notice any side effects. I have occasional constipation. It does soften the stool. I am very pleased with it. I bought 20 tablets for £1.79."

IBS · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 6, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Senokot does not work I take 2 one day then the next day took 4 still nothing so the next day took 6, 3 days later nothing. Tesco do there own brand and 2 of them work really well much more cheaper too. Never buying Senokot again useless might as well take a sweetie."

Marianne · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Have been experiencing Constipation for approx 3 weeks. It’s never ever happened before. I’ve always been Regular. I took 1 Tablet last night before Bed. This Morning movements were back to normal. Hope it continues."

JSB July 1, 2019

For Constipation: "After being plugged up for a bit over a week with minimal relief, decided to get a doctors appointment. Got recommended Senna, went with Senna Plus (Stool softener as well). Took it at 8PM with some food, woke up at about 7am and made a small-mid sized normal movement. Around 10:30 am, was hit like a truck with the immediate need to go and had to pull off on the highway to uncork the dormant geyser that had been plugged for the past week. A vicious bout of diarrhea. Had lunch at noon, and around 1:30 was again beckoned to the bowl for the remnants. 48 hours later things look pretty normal, have had some of the less ideal side effects like the stomach/ ab cramps and appetite dampening. Not a terrible experience, but not something I would do if it wasn’t needed."

Patsy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 28, 2019

For Constipation: "A doctor recommended I use Senna. He told me to keep taking 2 every night until I had a BM. Took about 2 nights but it worked. Because I have chronic constipation I often take it and it always works eventually."

Nama · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I am so shocked by the bad reviews of Senokot. I am not constipated often but it is the best thing I have ever tried when I am. My doctor recommended Dulcolax when I had a problem once and never again. The pain I had was like having another baby. I use Senekot because it is so gentle with no side effects or cramping. Just a gentle normal bowel movement the next day. I even brought it to my mom in the Nursing home after she had a hysterectomy and was in awful pain mostly from constipation. Nothing they did for her helped. Just caused more cramping. Several hours after the Senekot she was able to have a normal bowl movement and no more pain or constipation. This was a God sent for her."

Aaarrgghhh · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 21, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I’ve used the pills from time to time when I feel a little bloated or bunged up. Take them at least 8 hours before you want to get up for work (you’d be crazy to take any laxative before the start of a full on work shift)"

Goober · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I've been having major bowel issues was in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. After getting out I was worried it would happen again. Spoke to Pharmacist and they suggested this every night until my bowels move normally and to stay and continue on Restoralax and then back off Senokot. It worked great for me. No complaints here!"

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I took senokot and it took about 9-10 hours for mine to start to work. When it did work the experience itself is not the most comfortable, given slight cramps and a BM with a soft but foreign feeling consistency. However, it did get the job done and I do not regret choosing this option. Would only recommend if constipation lasts for more than a couple of days, else don’t put yourself through discomfort for nothing."

Meres May 19, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I have to take Senokot medicine or I can't have a bowel motion"

jw May 16, 2019

For Constipation: "I only use senna only when Movicol is not enough, it is effective but the abdominal pain and bloating is horrendous"

TheContentiousOtter · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2019

For Constipation: "Taking senna made my constipation much worse. Some people who take this medicine, no matter how much water they drink, end up with severe cramping of the lower GI tract so it's difficult to initiate urination, pass wind or push stool. If you take this medication for the first time and you notice a cramping feeling in your lateral obliques and the symptoms listed above then throw the remainder away and never take it again. I took a total of six pills over the course of 1 1/2 days (2 pills, every twelve hours, for 36 hours - as directed on the package) before I realized it was the medication making things worse and then had four days of stomach and gas pain before the Senna cleared out of my system. The cramping in my lower GI tract appeared to make other laxatives less effective so I ended up having to use Magnesium Citrate to finally break things loose."

No, no, no. Just, no. · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2019

For Constipation: "Took 2 senna tablets as directed at 10pm, woke at 2am, violent vomiting, nausea, the pain in my tummy was indescribable. Absolutely agony. Dragged myself to hospital. Got lots of pain relief that dulled it a little but still quite sick. I would never use again, I wouldn’t advise anyone else to use either."

Ryan · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I have had 2 back surgeries and take pain meds that have constipated me over the years. I have been so constipated I've had partial blockages. I've tried everything from laxatives to enemas, citromag and milk of magnesia and everything in between, I can honestly say senokot has by far worked the best for me. Yes I have cramped and felt nauseous but only when I have been extremely impacted and haven't had movement for 2 weeks or more. But right as you release all the nauseous feeling and cramping is gone and it doesn't come back and that's only been for 10 mins until my stomach brewed enough for a movement. But now I've learnt if I haven't released in a week to just take 2 and I don't have cramping or feel nauseous...its a much more pleasant experience."

Larry · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Senokot rarely works - Not great results at all for my constipation."

Good girl · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2019

For Constipation: "Had constipation for 3 days with awful stomach cramps. Took 2 senna tabs night time. Slept well. Had normal stool in the morning. Bit loose during the day but now entirely back to normal. Would highly recommend"

Needtopoo · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "The effects of this laxative are very unpredictable. Sometimes I can take 2 tabs and not go for 24 hours, or it works fine the next day. Currently not having a great experience. I took 1 tab last night. Woke up this morning to awful cramps, bloating and nausea. On the plus side, I've been to the loo 3 times in an hour and feel a lot less bunged up. Because of its unpredictability, I think I will try a high fibre diet or lactulose. It does work, but when the side effects are bad, they're extremely unpleasant."

NoPoo February 11, 2019

For Constipation: "Oh my gosh, After being constipated for weeks and barely passing anything, I saw an advert on this on thought to give them a go. Wish I hadn't bothered. I am more constipated then before (IF that was actually possible) and it gives me awful stomach pains on a night."

Abe · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2019

For Constipation: "I have chronic idiopathic constipation due to probiotics use. I have tried Trulance and Linzess but both gave me headache and not effective at all. Milk of Mag gives me diarrhea. As it is natural so instead of synthetic chemicals, so I finally tried 15mg two pills before bed time. It has worked fine for me. I take it every other day and I go to gym regularly. I have felt a difference as Senna helps clean everything out. I don't know if I am going to continue taking it because I want my bowel to be independent of any laxatives."

Pumpkintoast · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2019

For Constipation: "I took two tablets before I went to bed last night, and woke up this morning needing the toilet. I had diarrhoea but I’m so glad the senna worked. I had been feeling uncomfortable for days prior. I highly recommend Senna as it worked for me instantly."

Lor · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 24, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I’ve taken 2 tablets every night for a whole week and still no bowel movement, not even cramps "

Tantan January 19, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This product works really well. I almost never get constipated but I have quit smoking and I was having this side effect. I had tried Dulcolax before and it was a terrible experience with terrible cramps and urgent diarrhea. This medication was recommended by a friend. I was hesitant to try it but I was very uncomfortable and desperate. I also had hemorrhoids due to the constipation that were healing and I was scared they would return. I took 2 pills at 9 p.m. and at 4:30 a.m. I woke up to have a BM. The first one was normal and I had to go about 4 times afterward and it was diarrhea. I didn't have any cramping or discomfort. I just needed to be near a washroom for about 2 hours after it started working. I feel so much better now. No more bloating, the BMs didn't hurt my hemorrhoids, and I feel like myself again."

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2018

For Constipation: "I took this three days ago and am still having cramping and diarrhea. I took 1/4 of the recommended dose, but somehow I'm still suffering major side effects. Try every other option to relieve constipation before you take this one."

Morgan December 10, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Bowel Preparation: "Took 1 pill at 6pm. Woke up expecting the need to go, but nothing happened. Then around 1pm I'm hit with cold sweats and bad cramping pains. Would not recommend"