User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Senokot, Senna Lax, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Swiss Kriss, Gentlax, Correctol Herbal Tea Laxative, Agoral, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Fletchers Castoria, Dosaflex Dr Caldwell Laxative Innerclean Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula Black Draught SenoSol SenoSol-X …show all brand names

Constipation   5.7
Bowel Preparation   3.3

Reviews for Senna

Cheychey February 16, 2021

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “I was a bit hesitant to use this product after seeing some of the reviews but I went ahead and I have to say this product is for me. I’ve always had an issue with bowel movement and have, for years, taken a more natural product. That product, unfortunately, is no longer available. I panicked and tried several other methods and nothing worked. Then I tried Senokot. I took 2 tablets and within 6 hours I had a gentle bowel movement. It actually keeps me going for 2 days so I take it every other day. I was so pleased since my intestines are sensitive to everything! I will discuss this with my doctor, and see what they have to say, since this is for occasional constipation and I would like to take it long term.”

Truly · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2021

For Constipation: “I have IBS and nerve damage from an accident. Nothing is 'normal' for me in the poo department, sometimes diarrhea, sometimes constipation. I've tried Miralax for constipation but it seems to kick IBS into high gear. So, I took one senna last night and another this morning. Yes, it worked quite well and did the job in two trips to the potty. My caution would be to try the minimum dose or even shave that down if you are a small person. I had cramping throughout the day, not severe but enough to notice and be uncomfortable. Take this medication with water and try to have an 'at home' day the first time you try it. It does the job but was much stronger than I expected.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2021

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “I took this once awhile ago and it was great, no pain and relief. Because I had a good experience the next time I was constipated I was relieved to know I could take one...VERY different expertise second time around. The extreme pain and cramping started about 16 hours after taking, I've had 4 children and the cramps felt like labor pains, I has nausea and weakness. Almost 24 hours later my stomach is bloated, I'm exhausted and while I've gone to the bathroom I have not had a good bowel movement yet. I will never take again.”

Teenager · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2021

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “I am a small female and I took 3 Senokot pills before bed , because taking just one in the past did not help at all. I had a bowel movement in the mid morning but very painful cramps on and off for next several hours. Would not recommend because of that.”

maggie256 February 3, 2021

For Constipation: “WARNING. Make sure when you take senna you take it with at least a cup of water. I didn't one night and I think it has damaged my colon. I have diarrhea and then the urge to go all day and nothing comes out. Taking it without water can mess up your electrolytes especially potassium which is responsible for muscle movement. My muscles are not working anymore. Also senna is NOT for daily use. I was in the hospital with ischemic colitis from medicatjon and my doctor prescribed it as a "daily regimen" apparently she had no knowledge that using senna long term can stop your bowels from working on their own. It can do irrepairable damage to your colon. Senna is a dangerous drug and many people don't realize this because it is "natural"”

Jeff · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2021

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “This product is amazing!!!! For years I have had issues having a bowl motion and have spent lots of money trying different products. I have been taking Senokot for 2 weeks now and I have went everyday!!!! Take 2 gummies before bedtime, and the next morning I go!!!!! No cramps, icky tasting or stomach aches.. This product really works. Thanks Senokot!!!!”

Caligirl3334 · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2021

For Constipation: “I’ve been constipated for about a week. I was able to have a BM but it wasn’t much coming out. My doctor prescribed senna. Took two tables at 7pm. And woke around 1am. I had a normal BM and thought this was it. NOT quite. 10 minutes I run back to the bathroom with liquid diarrhea. I think I’ve went about 6 times that night and now it’s 8:30am and there’s nothing else to relieve but I still feel the urge to go. I just took pepto bismo so I can be able to eat breakfast this morning. People, it does work and your system will feel cleaned out. I would only do this one time and then move on to a digestive enzyme. I’m happy that it works but of course don’t enjoy the constant potty trips”

Colt January 25, 2021

For Constipation: “I recently had surgery and hadn't pooped since the night before. Over 2 days I took 4 of these bad boys at the direction of a nurse. About an hour after taking the 4th one, I realized I had made a grave mistake. It felt like a chainsaw in my intestines. Luckily, I pooped about 4 times in 2 hours and I felt pretty good and thought I was in the clear to call it a night. Boy was I wrong. I tried sleeping, no luck. I was going back and forth from my toilet to my bed. Finally I took Gravol so I could get some rest. When that wore off I was right back to the toilet. My insides were crying for help. About 16 hours later, I had pooped more than 30 times. I don't know how this is even possible. This experience was both a great one and a terrible one. It got the job done. It was a sacrifice for the greater good. If you have a strong will (and colon) I'd recommend this laxative.”

Jess · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2021

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “The Senokot gummies are the best. Gentle overnight. I didn’t wait 4-5 days however before taking it. Not sure if they recommend taking it regularly, but I’ve been doing that and things are working in a normal fashion daily. Perfect for me. No problems.”

Greenpolly · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2021

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “Well, Senokot certainly work but I wouldn’t take again. The only advice in hindsight is that if you are small, I’m female and 8.5 stone/120 lbs take half a tablet as my husband is 12.5 stone / 175 lbs and it’s still one tablet for him on the directions. I hadn’t been for a couple of days, they were in the medicine cupboard so I took one tablet before bed on a Friday night having never taken a laxative before. At the witching hour of 3am I only just made it to the loo in time. I thought I I was hooked up to a hose. I don’t know about emptying your bowels....I thought my bowels would be following on out, closely followed by my intestines and any other vital organ that got in the way. And there I sat for 4 hours. When it felt safe to leave the bowl I lay on the bed like a shrivelled prune for another 4 hours, feeling dreadful and nauseous. Be warned! 100% effective but with side effects.”

No · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2020

For Constipation: “Took 4 senna pills, 2 at night 2 in the evening, nothing’s happened except the horrible side effects. I don’t recommend taking senna save your buck, and but something that works better!!”

puddleduck · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2020

For Constipation: “Didn't work overnight as stated. 24 hrs later severe cramps, nausea, vomiting, faintness, collapsed on bathroom floor. Frightening experience. Will not take Senna again.”

Wissie December 12, 2020

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “I only took one last night, it worked at 6.00 tonight, don’t take it unless you’re at home!! I have cramps,& feel a bit weak.”

Paps November 30, 2020

For Constipation: “Senna is absolutely horrible I took 2 at night before I went to sleep. Maybe it was too much for my body to handle. Woke up morning didn't feel as bad but around 10:30am I vomit all fluids . Thought it was meant to make me poop not vomit . I had really bad stomach pains and nausea which I hope eventually subsides as I don't want the pain tomorrow.”

Kitty · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 28, 2020

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “if you take Senokot make sure you DON'T have any plans the next day, about 12-24 hours after every time I take this I get major cramps which really sucks. I only use these if I haven't had a bowel motion for about a week because the cramps are just that bad. I'm currently hiding in the basement because there's guests over and it just kicked in after 19 h :(. it DOES relieve constipation though”

Merliah · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2020

For Constipation: “I took it on halloween this year at work, an hour before my shift ended. It kicked in today and I had bad stomach cramps and nausea”

Bird · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2020

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “I was constipated for 4 going on 5 days. I have never taken a laxative before and figured going herbal was the best way. I took two extra strength Senokot pills before bed, woke up around 6am with intense cramps. Had terrible cramps for hours until I finally made a BM around 11am. I realized taking two extra strength might of been too much - I just wanted it to get the job done. It did, but I still had stomach discomfort at 4:30pm. Somewhat annoyed at the side effects but it worked.”

Bunny October 2, 2020

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “DO NOT TAKE Senokot!! I took two pills last night at around 11pm. This morning I woke up and had a decent bowel movement, but around 11am I was struck with EXTREME abdominal cramps. They were/are so bad that I couldn’t breathe or talk, I could barely even scream (I have a very good pain tolerance when it comes to things like this). Please for the love of god use some miralax, Dulcolax, magnesium citrate, any thing but this. I will never take Senokot ever again, the only redeeming factor was I was able to go to the bathroom but I’d 100% rather be constipated. It’s currently 3pm and the extreme pain is still on and off.”

Saza · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2020

For Constipation: “I suffer IBS so I get constipation all time used to suffer diarrhoea but last few months it's gone don't know why I always take on the night and stay in the next day as wow its explosive but I love it as my stomach goes down and the pain stop constipation is awful the pain that comes with it is agony”

R · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2020

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “I was having constipation problems for a week and my doctor told me to get Senekot-S. I took 2 before bedtime around 11pm and then at 8am when I woke up I had diarrhea. He told me it would be normal, but for the next 3 hours I kept going back to the bathroom with diarrhea. I write this with severe cramping, nausea and dizziness still. I’ve never taken a laxative in my life so maybe my stomach can’t handle them. I feel so nauseous and weak I’m never taking this again. I will say that it worked as the whole week I couldn’t go to the bathroom and I felt full, but today it felt clear although I’m not sure how worth it it was with these side effects.”

Blonde · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “Due to other medical issues, I have been dealing with long term constipation and can sometimes go a week without a bowel movement. I have tried several medications and have sound senokot to be the most gentle. My experience is fairly care free. I take the maximum dose and have not experienced any nausea. I have had some random pains but they never last long, and find myself passing gas after taking a dosage. The end product is successful. Make sure to drink lots of fluids with and after your dose. It makes a huge difference! Also, for comparison, a while ago I tried dulcolax and it was a nightmare. I felt so nauseated and actually vomited. Groaned and convulsed in pain for hours. Senokot, did not give me any problems! This just proves everyone’s body reacts differently to products.”

chee August 10, 2020

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “I had a bit of constipation and felt quite bloated so I took a senokot w. the softener. 1 tablet around 3. Had a fairly minor BM at 5 and a larger one at 930. No cramps, no nausea. Had a wee bit of gas and when I had to go it came somewhat suddenly, but nothing that left me frantic or uncomfortable. I’ll see how the rest of the night goes, but it seems to be doing it’s job. ”

Anonymous August 6, 2020

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: “Took Senokot, at night and during the day on different occasions, worked as it should for me. No pain or anything strange.”

Shy · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2020

Ex-Lax (senna) for Constipation: “Worked very well I’m on the toilet now. It didn’t work in 6-12 hour it worked in 5 and now I’m going going my stomach hurried sooo bad. I chose this one at my local Walgreens I also drank a little of the MiraLax powder that made it work faster in my opinion”

Rather not July 24, 2020

Senexon (senna) for Constipation: “Got very sick after using this, the label said Senna, come to find out it's not Senna.!! ;( I had purchased 5 bottles, I also gave some to my husband. How could they still sell a discontinued product on the market.? No Exp date.”