User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Agoral, Black Draught, Correctol Herbal Tea Laxative, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Gentlax, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, Perdiem Overnight, Senexon, Senna Concentrate, Senna Lax, Senna-gen, Senokot, Senokot Child, Senokot To Go, SenokotXTRA, Senolax, SenoSol, SenoSol-X, Swiss Kriss, Uni-Cenna, X-Prep …show all brand names

Constipation
5.8

Bowel Preparation
4.5

Summary of Senna reviews 5.8 86 reviews

Reviews for Senna

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "It doesn't work in the slightest. Don't waste your time."

Hypeson May 26, 2018

For Constipation: "Doesn't actually work for me. I got these last week for constipation and the dosage was 2 pills when needed. Well, 4 days past after taking 4 pills and nothing happened. Day 5, I use the toilet but that's probably because I just have to go naturally. I wouldn't use this again."

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

For Constipation: "It is not always a quick fix and sometimes have to take it a few days for it to work. I've had to take these due to other medication causing bad constipation. I have always followed what the packet says and took 2 before bed. It hasn't woken me up with cramps or anything like that. Sometimes next day I felt a little drained, but this is the usual feeling you get from constipation and the feeling building up to needing to pass stool anyway so I just took it that it was getting me nearer to needing to go. I'm shocked at some peoples comments saying they have taken several tablets and it made them feel ill or bad cramps, it's no surprise to feel like that if you take more than it tells you to take. Also it is quite normal to have a very liquid stool as this is caused by a hard stool blocking the way and the liquid stool forces its way past and you will then need to go again soon after as the rest then finds it easier. It is all predictable though and you can get to a bathroom in time"

customer May 6, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This was the worst laxative I ever tried. I got such a terrible thunderclap migraine and suffered for 3 days. Horrible. Then when I googled it and found I was not alone, why is it still on the market?"

theo April 26, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I take one in the evening, and the next morn I have a soft stool; no problems"

Bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Constipation: "My going to the toilet went from 3 times a week to 7 times a week and it is the best thing I've ever used for hard stool and constipation. I love it."

Poppy (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Constipation: "I took senna as a laxative - haha it's anything but a laxative. I took a lot of senna tablets over 2 days and it has done nothing but give me severe cramps and vomiting. I wouldn't use this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Ok so I took two pills at 8pm to help with some constipation I’d been having for a couple weeks. Honestly, I didn’t really look into it before buying it. I’d never taken a laxative before, and didn’t really think about how they work. So after I took the pills, I googled it. The reviews scared me to death. They read “explosive diarrhea, extreme cramping, vomiting......then more explosive diarrhea.” Not the stuff dreams are made of. I was so scared. The next day I was to have a 7 hour car ride with family and I thought for sure I’d be stopping and exploding diarrhea all day. I packed toilet paper, Imodium and Advil. What I got her period-like cramps, I felt a little crappy, but no diarrhea. Thank god. About 11 hours after I took the pills, I had soft stool. Then about 20 hours later had a little diarrhea. Not explosive :) I would use it again though. I felt a little crappy all day but it didn’t really do much for me."

Momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Constipation: "I have been constipated for about two weeks, so I decided senna was the was to go. I took 4 pills at 5 pm, at 1am I woke up with cramping. The cramps were so bad, I ended up throwing up. I tried to go down the stairs to get some nausea pills and water. On my way down a cramp was so bad I passed out. I fell and ended up breaking my nose and needing 10 stitches. Needless to say, I had a bowel movement but I am throwing it out the second I’m out of the hospital."

12345 (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Constipation: "Bought this yesterday. I took 2 pills around 4 something, three hours later I started getting little small cramps then they gradually got worse. I woke up in the middle of the night to have a bowel movement and it was nothing but water ... I suffer from constipation. I also took this medicine with 2 bottles of water and it still was causing bad cramps. Very uncomfortable .. I wouldn’t but this again !!"

T (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Constipation: "I have found that Care Senna 7.5mg are useless.No matter how many I take it has no effect whatsoever"

Tez (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018

For Constipation: "I took 2 before bed. Next night, nothing had happened, so I took another two. I went for a meal and I started to feel a bit uncomfortable. I managed to go once I got in and things seemed normal so I assumed they had done their worst. I was wrong! I was so, so wrong. On the third day I had terrible diarrhea. On day four day, this time it was less, shall we say, expected. And three showers down the line, I will not be hurrying to reach for these anytime soon. I hadn't fully appreciated this would still be going on days after stopping the product. Yikes! If you've been constipated for weeks and you've tried everything apart from going to hospital, then by all means, take a few of these, or take some sweets from a stranger - just whichever seems like the least deadly option."

Dewy (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Whoa. Ok, it WILL produce a bowel movement. But you ain't gonna like it. It will also produce cramps, gas and an unpleasant feeling. Do not take this before going to work! I only took 2 pills and it hammered me. It is anything but gentle. Am throwing these out and sticking to stool softeners, no laxatives."

Not Necessary (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

For Constipation: "What a disaster!!! I been constipated for 2 weeks and still am. This medication is terrible I need to find another laxative!"

Dee888 February 16, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Okay, I too at first had painful dry bowel movements, which I took as causing my constipation. The ones behind it were loose. (after taking Senokot) With me it seemed like the ones behind it had to push the old dry ones out first. This might take a day or two with Senokot. Ever since taking Senokot my movements have been loose. I have had constipation for years. I take two Senokot at night and sometimes one an hour after lunch."

RHYDEN77 February 14, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Product works! (But beware) I bought senokot to bring on vacation (time change messes with my bowels) and I was feeling a little backed up so I decided to give it try ahead of time to test the effectiveness. I only took 1 pill before bed and as other comments said I woke up around 2am with some slight cramping and discomfort but was able to fall back asleep. The next 2 days produced 5 movements and A LOT of gas and cramping. Nothing excrutiating but certainly not comfortable. For someone with severe constipation I'm sure this product is great but for the occasional user this is simply too strong."

ont1992 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "It caused me to have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes."

kimsgrim February 6, 2018

For Constipation: "I took a generic sennosides pill. My doctor gave me them as a prescription to help me save money. I was hesitant because I didn't know if I am allergic to it. I took a pill with a sip of soda to get it down. Constipation is uncomfortable, I have been on and off constipated for 2 weeks. I took the pill and it has been almost an hour. I had a small stool and then more, so far the hard stool is slowly passing through. I am cramping so I hope this speeds things up. I am happy, it is moving along at a good pace."

Smalm February 2, 2018

Ex-Lax (senna) for Constipation: "Hi I found ex-lax due to a friend. I sadly have to take these everyday or I don’t go I know they say don’t abuse them but I seriously have no choice I drink plenty of water and I’m fine my stomachache has gone away and I don’t feel like a three hundred pound cow now. Is this a bad thing that I take it daily?"

Jessiejess February 1, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I have taken 3 senokot in 2 days and I guess I'm allowed 1 more before bed. I don't have a bowel movement tomorrow I'm going to buy a different product."

Log looking (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills (senna) for Constipation: "Took 2 pills around 6:30pm. At 3:15am I woke up to HORRIBLE stomach cramps/pain, I honestly thought I was going to pass out from the pain. I went to the bathroom, still having trouble going. Then I started throwing up. For the next 4 hours I was rotating between diarrhea and throwing up, along with the chills. It honestly was worse than the stomach flu. I never could go back to sleep that night due to the extreme pain and nausea. I will NEVER EVER take this again, even though I did eventually “go” I’d rather be constipated then go through this again."

Not happy!!! December 24, 2017

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Very helpful medication, I didn’t experience any pain along with it despite all the previous comments. Just woke up and had to poo, I have IBS and it help a lot with my consitipation (plus it doesn’t have a taste unlike laxaday)"

Jack2738 December 19, 2017

Senexon (senna) for Constipation: "I use this for 2 days before I was able to poop the 3rd day my stomach was cramping so bad and when I didn't go to the bathroom I had to use a Enema to get relief because the poop was too large to come out on its own but later that day I had no problems pooping twice. The 4th day my stomach cramped so bad I did poop once, but the pain wasn't worth it especially since before these meds I pooped more. But with these meds the pain is not worth taking it anymore. The 5th day my stomach cramp all day. This pain is terrible when I drink or eat anything it cause pain to my stomach. I will not take this pill anymore. I need to feel better not cramping all day. I never had a problem with constipation before but my doctor recommended this because of the meds that I am taking."

Niese1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

For Constipation: "Senna works best if taken every day, I don't like taking pills every day, but I need to incorporate these into my life. If I don't take them every single day I will get backed up. I usually take 3 in the AM. However, I didn't take them for 3 days, due to my stupidity. Now I feel bloated and backed up. Took 4 tonight and gurgling like I don't know what So nasty. Why can't I get it thru my head to just take every day. That is the key to Senna!! My 2 cents worth!!"

CJ60 November 19, 2017

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Omg awful tablets! made me cramp at 2am which woke me up and then the drama started. Drink water and try a more natural approach! ..No way I could take this daily! its not a nice feeling! and tad nauseated."

ConniePated (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017