User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Black Draught, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax, Perdiem Overnight, Senexon, Senna, Senna Lax, Senna Smooth, Senna-gen, Senokot, Senokot Extra, Senokot To Go, SenokotXTRA, SenoSol, SenoSol-X

Constipation
5.6

Bowel Preparation
3.3

Summary of Senna reviews 5.6 124 reviews

Reviews for Senna

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "The effects of this laxative are very unpredictable. Sometimes I can take 2 tabs and not go for 24 hours, or it works fine the next day. Currently not having a great experience. I took 1 tab last night. Woke up this morning to awful cramps, bloating and nausea. On the plus side, I've been to the loo 3 times in an hour and feel a lot less bunged up. Because of its unpredictability, I think I will try a high fibre diet or lactulose. It does work, but when the side effects are bad, they're extremely unpleasant."

Needtopoo (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

For Constipation: "Oh my gosh, After being constipated for weeks and barely passing anything, I saw an advert on this on thought to give them a go. Wish I hadn't bothered. I am more constipated then before (IF that was actually possible) and it gives me awful stomach pains on a night."

NoPoo February 11, 2019

For Constipation: "I have chronic idiopathic constipation due to probiotics use. I have tried Trulance and Linzess but both gave me headache and not effective at all. Milk of Mag gives me diarrhea. As it is natural so instead of synthetic chemicals, so I finally tried 15mg two pills before bed time. It has worked fine for me. I take it every other day and I go to gym regularly. I have felt a difference as Senna helps clean everything out. I don't know if I am going to continue taking it because I want my bowel to be independent of any laxatives."

Abe (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Constipation: "I took two tablets before I went to bed last night, and woke up this morning needing the toilet. I had diarrhoea but I’m so glad the senna worked. I had been feeling uncomfortable for days prior. I highly recommend Senna as it worked for me instantly."

Pumpkintoast (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I’ve taken 2 tablets every night for a whole week and still no bowel movement, not even cramps "

Lor (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2019

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This product works really well. I almost never get constipated but I have quit smoking and I was having this side effect. I had tried Dulcolax before and it was a terrible experience with terrible cramps and urgent diarrhea. This medication was recommended by a friend. I was hesitant to try it but I was very uncomfortable and desperate. I also had hemorrhoids due to the constipation that were healing and I was scared they would return. I took 2 pills at 9 p.m. and at 4:30 a.m. I woke up to have a BM. The first one was normal and I had to go about 4 times afterward and it was diarrhea. I didn't have any cramping or discomfort. I just needed to be near a washroom for about 2 hours after it started working. I feel so much better now. No more bloating, the BMs didn't hurt my hemorrhoids, and I feel like myself again."

Tantan January 19, 2019

For Constipation: "I took this three days ago and am still having cramping and diarrhea. I took 1/4 of the recommended dose, but somehow I'm still suffering major side effects. Try every other option to relieve constipation before you take this one."

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Bowel Preparation: "Took 1 pill at 6pm. Woke up expecting the need to go, but nothing happened. Then around 1pm I'm hit with cold sweats and bad cramping pains. Would not recommend"

Morgan December 10, 2018

For Constipation: "I took this last night after not going for a week. This morning I’ve been 3 times! Definitely works! No side effects yet. Just the normal sensation that I have to go. Very natural feeling."

Donnai (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "DO NOT USE. SEVERE stomach pain, cold sweats, light headedness. My stomach started gurgling about an hour after taking 2 tablets followed by bowel movements. But the INTENSE ABDOMINAL PAIN kept me awake all night. I thought something else might have been really wrong, but after reading many other Senokot reviews I realize I’m not the only one suffering from the consequences of putting this in my body. DO NOT TAKE!"

DO NOT TAKE (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I have gastric pain and diarrhea on Monday and Tuesday so I decided to take gaviscon and condition still persist but also constipated for about three days. Went to hospital to check doc said that I have GERD so he gave me acid reflux meds and Senokot. Took at 11pm before sleep took it 12 hours and now its 3pm next day I'm down with diarrhea and dizziness, lost appetite, any time I eat I will need to go to the toilet. I hope this goes away soon. Work well for some, doesn't work for some."

qwerty November 17, 2018

For Constipation: "I tried a senna tea after being backed up for 4 days. I had tried the tea in the past and steeped as recommended with no real results, so at 10pm I steeped 2 bags at the recommended time (15 mins). At around 5 am I experienced loud stomach bubbling, gas, and some abdominal pain. Around 10am I passed one solid BM and felt much better! It is now 1:30 pm and I am in and out of the bathroom every 45 minutes or so with diarrhea. I am still also experiencing stomach gurgling, cramps, and gas. Definitely did the trick and then some. If you want a good clear out, this is the way to go! But make sure you are near a washroom. Oh, and the urge to diarrhea is very intense every time."

Sennatea (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For Constipation: "So I took three 25mg off-brand Ex-Lax on Saturday night. 8am Sunday, I started running to the bathroom. Stomach cramps started to grow and the pain was so unbearable. After the 5 trips to the bathroom, I didn't really have any bowel movements or if I did go, there was blood in my stool. I tried drinking lemon water to calm it but I threw up the water. I couldn't eat or drink anything. I eventually went to the ER and they helped. I came back home and the cramps continued but not as bad as before. It's now Monday and I'm still going to the bathroom but a lot less. If you buy this or any laxative, TAKE THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGE! If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. However if you do what I did, go to the hospital rather than tough it out. If you can't go, take Tylenol. It's the only pain reliever that won't irritate your stomach. Also, drink a lot of fluids and try to eat some bread, a banana, or rice. Even though, you don't feel hungry just try. GOOD LUCK, Y'ALL!"

Mar October 23, 2018

Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula (senna) for Constipation: "DON’T USE THIS STUFF. IT’S BEEN 36hrs since I took these and I am having the worst stomach cramps of my life. I had to go to the ER yesterday because of how bad it is. Also it barely even makes you go, like out of all of the times I went like 5 times something came out. Just don't take this stuff."

Mar (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2018

For Constipation: "Tried one tablet for constipation (due to meds). Worked very nicely next morning with no awful effects such as what some people experienced on it. HOWEVER I do have an inflamed stomach. So can't have too much gluten or chilli (but get away with it here and there). The pain in my abdomen after taking this, the next day was excrutiating. It hurt to breath, even lying down was difficult. I'm scared to try another Senna pill. I am now drinking 1/3 glass of 100% prune, which also works well (with no side effects). Shame as I'd prefer the Senna pills (due to low tolerance to juice)."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Constipation: "Hi, took Psyllium Husk fibre capsules that contained Senna for constipation. Although the regular Psyllium Husk works well, the Senna does not agree with me. It did work well, but I have some unpleasant reactions : nausea, headache, loss of appetite, tachycardia. Very unpleasant. Will stay with the standard Psyllium Husk."

Rogue September 17, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I bought Senokot syrup for my 82 year old mother but it is impossible for her to view the dosage instructions or info on side effects as the info was stuck to the side of the bottle under 3 layers is wrapper. It is very dangerous not to make the dosage info more visible especially for elderly patients who may not be dexterous enough to find the instructions."

Agnes (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I have taken senokot for about 4 years couple times a month now I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and suffer serious constipation I take 2 before bed and and other than little cramping bowel movement passes as if normal and no other side effects. Tried dulcolax just to see the difference and worst experience of my life. Would definitely stay with senakot from now on."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

For Constipation: "This pill is the worst I took it Saturday night nothing happened until Sunday night which was the worst pain of my life. Now it is Wednesday and I am still in pain on my left side this pain is unbearable - never again."

Keisha September 12, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "While I was on vacation in malaysia, I took Senokot because I was constipated. 4 pills before I was going to bed were enough to make me sick for 3 entire days: cramps, severe migraine, dizzyness, vomiting 2 times, difficult breathing... PLEASE don't take this ever!!"

Leeko (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Constipation: "This pill was recommended and prescribed by a doctor. I started off by taking one a day and did not get any results and got upped to two pills a day. Once this happened I developed an allergic reaction or maybe an unwritten side effect. I grew blisters (not hives) all over my hands and head and ears. I got a few on my bottom as well. In terms of effectiveness this was not effective at all. I remained constipated and had a bad reaction to the pill. Now I'm dealing with being itchy, having blisters, and. I am still constipated. I hope no one experiences what i did."

John Doe (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This worked so well for me that I was driven to write a review which I never do! I had constipation issues for 3 days, took this last night, and today I wasn’t even in pain from it as I had worried, I just had the slight urge to go- and it was so easy. Thank you!!!!"

Senokotyayyy (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I've suffered from constipation for as long as I can remember. Only having a BM maybe once or twice a week, if I'm lucky. A family member suggested senokot. I take two every night before bed, and have a (very runny) BM when I wake up. I don't usually get cramping or any other side effect, but when I have to go...I HAVE to go ;) I did read where some suggest that taking this long term can make ones bowels sluggish, and may stain the GI tract. Well, they were pretty darn sluggish before senokot, and I don't care what color my colon is. So, I'm going to continue to use them."

Moosenuckle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

Fletchers Castoria (senna) for Constipation: "My Mother gave me this every day for years. I later developed ulcerative colitis, but not sure it had anything to do with the castoria."

Ravon (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2018

For Constipation: "This worked a charm. I suffer with constipation also I have tears in the anus (anal fissures) which are painful. Although senna does give a bit of a bad stomach ache before you actually go to the toilet, when you have taken them you feel so cleared out. Also if you do suffer with (anal fissure) they bring next to no pain which makes it a lot easier to go"

bexx12345 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018