User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Agoral, Black Draught, Correctol Herbal Tea Laxative, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Gentlax, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, Perdiem Overnight, Senexon, Senna Concentrate, Senna Lax, Senna-gen, Senokot, Senokot Child, Senokot To Go, SenokotXTRA, Senolax, SenoSol, SenoSol-X, Swiss Kriss, Uni-Cenna, X-Prep …show all brand names

Constipation
5.9

Bowel Preparation
4.5

Summary of Senna reviews 5.8 100 reviews

Reviews for Senna

For Constipation: "This worked a charm. I suffer with constipation also I have tears in the anus (anal fissures) which are painful. Although senna does give a bit of a bad stomach ache before you actually go to the toilet, when you have taken them you feel so cleared out. Also if you do suffer with (anal fissure) they bring next to no pain which makes it a lot easier to go"

bexx12345 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This works like a charm. I feel really bad for those who it doesn't work for or causes extreme pain. Seems those of us who suffer from chronic constipation it really works well. I never have pain, works quick, and clears everything right out. I never have any pain while using this product, however I do have to go to the bathroom 5-6 times after using it for the next few hours. But when I take this, it's because I really need it. So, I love it."

Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This worked really well for me. I was completely constipated for two weeks, and had tried Milk of Magnesia and Dulcolax with no effect at all. My Dr. recommended Senokot, and I took 1 of the Extra Strength at bedtime. It took 12 hours for me, but then everything got moving with ease again. I didn’t have cramps, pain, or diarrhea. I would definitely use this again."

Feelingbetter (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I am a 20y/o student and recently I was having a hard time going to the restroom. One of my mother's friends recommended this medication and at first I was hesitant but it is the best thing that ever happened to me. When I can't go or I am bloated, I take it and it either works 24 hrs from the time taken or 2-3 hrs after. I love this, highly recommended!"

Frances (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Hi I couldn’t go toilet for more than a week (although I do suffer with constipation). I took Senokot at night and the next day (around 3pm I had the urge to go. I went three times roughly and hour apart and ended up with diarrhea??? I did feel relieved but still a week later I’m stuck again????"

Hat (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took one dose and nothing. Took second dose and that’s when the headache and cramps, and the stomach gurgles started. It sure cleared the pipes, but wow liquid fire from within and lived in my bathroom for a day. I was tempted to just sleep on my bathroom floor to make it easier.. Once I thought nothing more could possibly come out, a new wave would hit.. can’t even eat crackers or it goes right through."

Me August 4, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I suffer with IBS-c (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation) and rarely will have a bowel movement naturally. I take sennacot-s every 3 days and it consistently produces a bowel movement but it varies how my body reacts to the medication. At times I have to take two or three doses and other times it causes extreme cramps, nausea and diarrhea after one dose. Unfortunately any stimulant laxatives such as this cause “lazy bowel” and dependency issues. So although effective, I would recommend starting with something different such as lax-a-day before turning to this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2018

For Constipation: "Do not take this. I'd been constipated for days but the cramps it causes is unbelievable. I've been to loo 6 times now in space of an hour and every time I think I'm done the cramp is back and I have to go again. It's brutal, absolutely brutal."

Heggybhoy82 July 23, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Did not work at all. Took at night time nothing happened next morning accept for occasional period pain but I was due on soon anyway so could of been that. Took another dosage that next day to see if maybe I needed more for it to kick in. Nothing... All it did was give me a headache. Bloated and a lot of gas. Would never use again and chucked the rest in the bin."

Denise (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

Senna Lax (senna) for Constipation: "I took two pills of the Senna Lax about 5 hours ago, at like 3:30am. Before that I'd been on and off constipated and gone to the hospital twice for severe nausea and stomach cramps. These pills worked within an hour for me, even though it says it takes 8-12 hours to kick in. The stomach cramping hasn't bothered me yet because I've had stomach cramps for almost a week now. So, sadly I'm already used to it. I've had 3 bowel movements within the last 4 hours. I was kinda scared to take it too because of the side effects and my history with horrible IBS. But so far, so good."

Fae1990 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Constipation: "Two of these at bedtime with full glass of water and wow, clean out time. No cramps at all and only had cramps once or twice in the many times I have used Senna. Excellent remedy. Suggest for first time try one regular strength and see how it works for you."

WJ (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Yeah it didn’t work. I took it 18hours ago and nothing"

Bethy (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Taken Senokot a couple of times the past few weeks and found it to be effective with little to no side effects. Took only one yesterday at 8am, it kicked in at 3pm and ohhh boyyy. I visited the toilet 7 times in the space of a few hours, I had horrendous stomach cramps, nausea and vomiting and couldn't hold anything down all day. It is now 5pm the following day and I still have cramping, similar to food poisoning. Yes, it will clear out the pipes, but is it worth it to feel like this? Will stick to ducolax in future!"

JJ123456 July 6, 2018

Senna Lax (senna) for Constipation: "Took two max strength at midnight and went to sleep shortly after. 4 hours later I woke up with the most severe cramps imaginable! I felt like an alien was ripping my bowels and colon up! I've never experienced cramp so bad in my life anywhere in my body. I was moaning in pain laying down with my knees bent up in-between trips to the toilet to see if I could shift anything to relieve the cramps but nothing came except the pain. I took the recommended dosage and followed the instructions. 6 hours later I went to the toilet ( a few times in a row) Was it worth the pain? Not in my experience I used the max strength senokot 2 tablets."

Up all night June 26, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "It doesn't work in the slightest. Don't waste your time."

Hypeson May 26, 2018

For Constipation: "Doesn't actually work for me. I got these last week for constipation and the dosage was 2 pills when needed. Well, 4 days past after taking 4 pills and nothing happened. Day 5, I use the toilet but that's probably because I just have to go naturally. I wouldn't use this again."

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

For Constipation: "It is not always a quick fix and sometimes have to take it a few days for it to work. I've had to take these due to other medication causing bad constipation. I have always followed what the packet says and took 2 before bed. It hasn't woken me up with cramps or anything like that. Sometimes next day I felt a little drained, but this is the usual feeling you get from constipation and the feeling building up to needing to pass stool anyway so I just took it that it was getting me nearer to needing to go. I'm shocked at some peoples comments saying they have taken several tablets and it made them feel ill or bad cramps, it's no surprise to feel like that if you take more than it tells you to take. Also it is quite normal to have a very liquid stool as this is caused by a hard stool blocking the way and the liquid stool forces its way past and you will then need to go again soon after as the rest then finds it easier. It is all predictable though and you can get to a bathroom in time"

customer May 6, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "This was the worst laxative I ever tried. I got such a terrible thunderclap migraine and suffered for 3 days. Horrible. Then when I googled it and found I was not alone, why is it still on the market?"

theo April 26, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I take one in the evening, and the next morn I have a soft stool; no problems"

Bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Constipation: "My going to the toilet went from 3 times a week to 7 times a week and it is the best thing I've ever used for hard stool and constipation. I love it."

Poppy (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Constipation: "I took senna as a laxative - haha it's anything but a laxative. I took a lot of senna tablets over 2 days and it has done nothing but give me severe cramps and vomiting. I wouldn't use this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Ok so I took two pills at 8pm to help with some constipation I’d been having for a couple weeks. Honestly, I didn’t really look into it before buying it. I’d never taken a laxative before, and didn’t really think about how they work. So after I took the pills, I googled it. The reviews scared me to death. They read “explosive diarrhea, extreme cramping, vomiting......then more explosive diarrhea.” Not the stuff dreams are made of. I was so scared. The next day I was to have a 7 hour car ride with family and I thought for sure I’d be stopping and exploding diarrhea all day. I packed toilet paper, Imodium and Advil. What I got her period-like cramps, I felt a little crappy, but no diarrhea. Thank god. About 11 hours after I took the pills, I had soft stool. Then about 20 hours later had a little diarrhea. Not explosive :) I would use it again though. I felt a little crappy all day but it didn’t really do much for me."

Momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Constipation: "I have been constipated for about two weeks, so I decided senna was the was to go. I took 4 pills at 5 pm, at 1am I woke up with cramping. The cramps were so bad, I ended up throwing up. I tried to go down the stairs to get some nausea pills and water. On my way down a cramp was so bad I passed out. I fell and ended up breaking my nose and needing 10 stitches. Needless to say, I had a bowel movement but I am throwing it out the second I’m out of the hospital."

12345 (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Constipation: "Bought this yesterday. I took 2 pills around 4 something, three hours later I started getting little small cramps then they gradually got worse. I woke up in the middle of the night to have a bowel movement and it was nothing but water ... I suffer from constipation. I also took this medicine with 2 bottles of water and it still was causing bad cramps. Very uncomfortable .. I wouldn’t but this again !!"

T (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Constipation: "I have found that Care Senna 7.5mg are useless.No matter how many I take it has no effect whatsoever"

Tez (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018