User Reviews for Magnesium oxide

Also known as: Mag-200, Mag-Caps, Mag-Ox, Mag-Ox 400, Mag-Oxide, MagGel, Phillips' Cramp-free, Uro-Mag

Learn more about Magnesium oxide.

Constipation 8 reviews 244 medications

9.6
Hypomagnesemia 2 reviews 21 medications

6.5
Summary of Magnesium oxide reviews 10 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Magnesium oxide

For Constipation: "Most helpful treatment for ibs with constipation ever. I was on zelnorm before which was recalled due to safety. I promised myself to never take rx for chronic issues and try to manage them as much as I can with natural, safe treatments as much as possible. I tell everyone about magnesium, wish doctors would know about it."

Kaleseya68966 April 28, 2016

For Constipation: "I started taking thia about a month ago in the morning for my constipation and it works better with way less side effects than both amitiza and linzess. I am so happy I ran across this and found out it unofficially treats issues many of my issues including constipation, migraines, anxiety, sleep troubles, energy issues, etc. Since I have severe constipation, this brings my system some normality and not diarrhea. I love it and it is a new staple."

swanmade April 11, 2016

For Constipation: "I am taking digestive advantage constipation formula which has 400 mg of magnesium oxide. It is absolutely the only thing that has ever helped me with constipation and never cramps and is completely reliable daily. The best thing ever. I am sure plain Magnesium oxide 300 mg would do the same if they should stop making this. This has been a Godsend now for a year and a half. Like clockwork..."

SukBuni Bleu October 17, 2015

For Constipation: "I have no leg cramps so far and old injury to shoulder is now much better and hard stools are better."

asian November 10, 2011

For Hypomagnesemia: "I started this medicine at the suggestion of my D.O. as my magnesium levels were very low and I had bad leg cramps. It did help the cramps quite a bit and my blood levels did return to normal. However, I began to have bad bouts of nausea and vomiting and occasional diarrhea that I had to take additional medication to stop. I took 400 mg but was never advised to take it with food. "

nanasgirl October 30, 2011

For Constipation: "I came upon this website as I was looking for different uses of magnesium oxide (MO); my initial reason for taking MO was for nerve pain, but I found it very interesting that people with my same "issues" used it for constipation, heartburn, even nausea, so I decided to "up" my one-a-day dose to at least twice per day, and wow, the difference is quite fantastic! I must say I'm a skeptic by nature but, MO is an inexpensive way to deal with common side effects from pain medicines, etc. Without any hesitation, I recommend this "medication" for anyone with stomach problems, especially females suffering, like myself, from endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, and/or Celiac, or any auto-immune disease."

schmetterlinge28 October 2, 2011

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypomagnesemia: "No longer have muscle cramps."

curtistx June 23, 2011

For : "I began taking magnesium as a supplement for muscle pain and spasms. I couldn't really tell you if I see anything (feel) different but.....I am no longer having constipation (from pain medicines) so I am happy with using it."

sabsteak January 1, 2010

For Constipation: "After seeing two rectal surgeons, two gastroenterologists, and numerous primary care doctors I was still constipated. I was eating between 50 and 60 grams of fiber a day and drinking lots of water-all no help! I tried Colace but the cramping was really bad. I found taking 250 mg of magnesium at dinner worked! It has been a week and so far so good- I feel so much better. No more enemas or harsh laxatives."

Anonymous August 17, 2009

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Constipation: "This supplement has really helped with my severe constipation. I stopped taking it and the constipation returned. I must take it with food or it will upset my stomach."

KellyWiley January 24, 2009

For Constipation: "i took this while i was pregnant when having alot of constipation and it really helped me i would stay regular."

calcry February 27, 2008