User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350 systemic

Also known as: ClearLax, GaviLAX, Gialax, GlycoLax, MiraLax, PEG3350, SunMark ClearLax

Constipation, Acute
8.9

Constipation
8.3

Bowel Preparation
4.2

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 reviews 8.1 190 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have no gallbladder and I take Loperamide to stop the diarrhea, this time instead of a bowel movement after 2 days, I was constipated for a week. I talked to a pharmacist and they recommended Miralax to treat the constipation. It did produce a small bowel movement. It is very slow to produce a bowel movement, but at least I am going, I can't complain."

Smalm (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: " This caused really bad pain that then caused me to vomit, then the pain stopped."

Denny (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "Have had many colonoscopies due to colon cancer in family. I had used Miralax before with no problem. This time after 4 doses I started vomiting and did not stop until the MiraLax Gatorade mixture was mostly out of my system."

JJ January 7, 2019

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Took miralax for 9 days and did not work. Today had olive oil and had some bowel movement, also started milk of magnesia."

Aniuska January 6, 2019

For Constipation: "It made my son act very erratic. He would shake and flap his hands and then just sit and rock. I feel more testing needs to be done to ensure safety."

B (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I had constant constipation growing up, Encopresis actually. Which is livings constant constipation. People are supposed to grow out of it at a young age, however I didn’t. It has slowed down now that I am in my 20s but I get very constipated every once in a while. I took MiraLax for 7 years every day. I stopped taking it for about 6 years and now I’m trying it again. But my body did become dependent on the use of MiraLax to help me pass my bowels. I’m hoping this isn’t the case this time because it does work."

SAm (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "I drank the miralax in 64 oz Gatorade for colonoscopy. No other laxative used. Drank entire prep between 7 pm and 1130 pm. Nothing happened until 1230 am. Was up entire night on toilet until my colonoscopy at 630 am including at doctor office. However my prep was super clean and don’t need for another 10 years so it was worth staying up all night for. I recommend - it wasn't that hard to drink no cramping or pain just bloating feeling. Tasted fine."

Amyliz November 29, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Ok maybe I am not giving it a chance, but I was and am having constipation issues. My doctor told me to use Miralax for 10 days everyday. It has only been 4 days. It worked on day one and now nothing, it just softens it and cannot expel it. I guess I will just have to keep trying for the next 6 days. Appointment on the 16th."

Mari (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "My doctor recommended it to me about 9 months ago when I found out I was pregnant. Which I'm glad he did. At first I was reluctant to try it but I ended up with severe constipation when I was about 4 months along and they had to dig poop out of me at the hospital - not pleasurable. Anyway I started taking it twice a day as directed by my doctor. It took about 3 days to actually fully work once it did I was so happy. I will definitely use again if needed"

Carebear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2018

For Bowel Preparation: "I had a severe allergic reaction to this drug which required that I stop taking it and get treatment. I had to reschedule my colonoscopy and take something else. The first time I had this reaction, it was to GoLytely, which is the same as CoLyte. The second time it was to MiraLAX, and that was even worse, and I ended up in the ER. Some people are allergic to polyethylene glycol."

AR (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

ClearLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I take bicycodil and 1 cap of clear lax (in water or Sprite/7up) before bedtime - it works brilliantly for me. Highly recommend that you at least try Clearlax; you don't have to use the dulcolax/major tablets with it but that's what works for ME .. so everyone's body is different. I have not experienced any upset tummy as I did with dulcolax; but with the major and clear lax, I feel perfectly fine and good to get on with my day after noon .."

Pompom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "The first day I took MiraLax just once it wasn’t working so the second day I took it again and it still wasn’t work. On the third day I took it again then now on the fourth day ( today ) I can’t stop pooping. When it first started working I loved it but now I can’t stop pooping. Don't get me wrong I’m glad I’m pooping because I was so backed up - but now I’m not back up and I’m still just pooping all the time. "

Pooping (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have had normal bowel movements most of my life. Then I turned 29 and it started slowing down dramatically. Genetically my father had gastrointestinal issues such as IBS and he had food sensitivities. I am now learning all about this and had been suffering for 2 years with constipation. Stool softeners were so harsh on my stomach but I took them because they worked, metamucil wasn't effective for me and still left me with bad constipation, as well as laxatives, saline's, and suppositories. My gastroenterologist recommended Miralax and I initially had to wait almost 3 days. Then it was diarrhea because I was so backed up. So now I have a happy medium. The amount I take every day that gives me relief, comfort, and regularity. I go anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day soft to semi loose stools. I couldn't be happier and healthier I recommend trying this asap!"

Gingersnap (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have been constipated for the better part of two years because of being on methadone maintenance as a recovering heroin addict. Without any laxatives or anything I might pass a stool once every 4 or 5 days. Recently I have being using saline, and Epsom salt enemas and have been taking miralax for 3 days. Yesterday which was day 2 I finally passed one, but it feels like a ton more is still inside me. I drink a whole lot of water and work on my feet, so it should be passing. But to no avail. I hate it. Finally this morning, I had a steady stream... But it was more like glue. Disgusting."

Johnny Be Goode (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "When it works, it is great. Unfortunately, lately it has not been working and has left me bloated and constipated. Actually, I have found that Milk of Magnesia works better for my constipation, with a bowel movement occurring in less than 6 hours."

JC (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

ClearLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "I used it instead of Miralax because of the nice price, but soon regretted it. Clearlax made me extremely sick. I was very nauseated with vomiting, and no pooping at all (probably because I threw up everything). I poured it all out and bought more Miralax."

Nellie (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I've had constipation my whole life! I've had to watch everything that I've eaten and avoid all red meat, rice, bagels or anything else that might clog me up. The past 10 years, I've done water enemas once or twice a week. I talked to a doctor about 2 months ago during emergency visit severe stomach pain. He recommended Miralax, and I rolled my eyes because I've been on every kind of laxative there is on the market... Pain, gas, diarrhea all that stuff. The first night I poured the dose into a cup of tea and drink it down. The next morning I completely emptied out. No cramps, no pain, just emptied out. The doctor said I could take it every night or even twice a day... Indefinitely! I've taken it every night with a big cup of herbal tea and every morning after my first cup of coffee I go to the bathroom and just go. I feel like what I've heard normal people feel like. I have great days and a sense of calm, even working at a stressful job! LOL I don't ever want to be without this..."

Happy girl June 23, 2018

For Constipation: "Did not work after a month taking it"

Pop (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Not long after a colonoscopy my movements seemed off. I thought it was no biggie -- until things basically shut down. I never knew that constipation could be so tough and depressing and scary. It was like my body was rebelling and not obeying orders. Got a box of MiraLax packets and took my first daily dose around 6PM, hoping that it would work and not take three days. Within a few hours it seemed like something was happening. There was some gurgling and expelled gas. Normally that might be bad, but under the circumstances it was a hopeful sign. Around 1AM I finally went and it was painful and not fun--but what a relief! Have had two more movements since then (its the next day) and each one has been easier than the last. So just one dose and seemingly back to normal! I can't imagine what a chronic case of this must be like.... I almost feel guilty that my cure went so well. Anyway there's no bad taste to it and I'm glad it worked. Worth a try, I think."

jake June 15, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have always had to deal with constipation basically my whole life. I have tried various OTC laxatives, stool softeners, and enemas as well. I hate those with a passion because of the large force you feel when the poop is to come on out whether it was too big, hard, or whatever. It has got so bad that I have said over and over I would rather have diarrhea any day over having to deal with trying to go #2 because of the other times it has me anxious and scared to even want to go, which means I get all backed up. So, I've bought and have just taken one dose of the miraLAX and am waiting on an easy result. Hoping it is like what most everyone is saying."

Booker (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I've suffered from constipation most of my life, using different laxatives such as senna, dulcolax, milk of magnesia, suppositories and enemas. They worked but they would also give me very loose stools and/or horrible stomach cramping. I was having another bad bout of constipation alternating 3 days before I would have a BM. Decided to give miralax a try after my brother who also had chronic constipation recommended it to me. I took it after a meal before bedtime and I noticed my stomach was gurgling but no real discomfort, I think I could feel the stuff moving everything through the colon. Woke up this morning and after drinking some more water, I was able to finally have a bowel movement that was firm yet soft and not watery whatsoever. Finally relief! I'd also like to note that I usually strain really hard to have a bm but with miralax all I had to do was relax and it came right out. Would definitely recommend!"

Shelly (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

ClearLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Take once a day. Effective but pronounced stomach cramps."

Drewster49 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I had problems going too the bathroom and my doctor recommended me too use it in morning at 7a, and at night at 7pm, he told me it would take 3 days too let it all go. Well it was right on the money 3 days. All I did was sit there and came out smooth. Some push that was it. I was on the pot for like 4 minutes, and what a relief, I feel good now."

active (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Smells like Elmer's glue and kind of gives my stool the consistency of it, too. It really works more as a stool softener than a laxative for me. Which is good when I'm having a lot of dry, hard stools, but the somewhat sticky texture leads to some incomplete bowel movements and a lot of unpleasant cleanup afterwards. I'd almost just rather pass the hard stool than have to go through a box of wet wipes every time I poop."

Sasa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2018

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I've had a problem with going to the bathroom since, I've been on pain meds. Opiates! Not only help with the pain it plugs you up, I also have IBS with constipation and diarrhea but mostly constipation. I've been taking Miralax for awhile, most of the time I have good results, it just takes a few days. Most other meds for constipation makes me sick, my Dr gave me samples of Linzess ( not sure about spelling) but it made me sick. My insurance wouldn't pay for Amitiza, so Miralax is about all I can take. Sometimes it takes a few days, others times not . I also have taken it with warm prune juice. As long as I'm on pain meds, nothing will change. Became I'm not getting off the pain med's, anytime soon.."

Baby Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2018