User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

Also known as: ClearLax, GaviLAX, GlycoLax, HealthyLax, MiraLax, PEG3350, Purelax, SunMark ClearLax

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350.

Constipation, Acute 10 reviews 33 medications

8.8
Constipation 113 reviews 244 medications

8.8
Bowel Preparation 7 reviews 114 medications

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 reviews 130 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "After several weeks of constipation (not that I was ever regular), my doctor had me try this. Ironically I'd just picked up a package of it. I took it around 5pm and had a bowel movement at 9am the following morning. I want several times after that. There was lots of tummy grumbling but no cramps to speak of. I did feel "off" the rest of the day but I believe that was due to a fever with the cold I was coming down with. Would definitely use this again."

Mrsknightly (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have been taking MiraLax for 2 months now due to constipation and hemorrhoids such a blessing to me! Before MiraLax, I used a Docusate Sodium for 6 months and it stopped working for me which caused me to be constipated again and it was leading me to extreme depression. I used MiraLax and it has not let me down at all!!! I love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who is suffering from straining and constipation!!! Thank you MiraLax :)"

Jayy92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2017

For Constipation: "I have been taking diabetic medications like Byetta, victoza, bydureon, and trulicity for at least the last 10 years. These medications slow down your digestive process. I have had chronic constipation since I started them. PEG is truly a miracle, no joke. I went from having to force myself to go every 3 or 4 days. Which was miserable. To being regular. I take 1 cap full once a day and I go at least once a day without struggle. I will continue this product. Like one person earlier said. "If you have never experienced this situation, you really have no idea what is is like to go from chronic constipation to being regular again."

Cutter1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "This drug was effective for me. I went through a bout of severe anxiety and panic for about 3 weeks. I lost 25 pounds and did not eat much of anything for 2 weeks. As a result, my digestive system basically shut down. When I began to eat again, I did not have a bowel movement for 15 days. I took a Dulcolax pill and had extreme cramping, dry heaving, full body sweats, and painful bowel movements where I needed to be close to a toilet all day. I went another 8 days without using the bathroom and I tried Miralax. I only took 1/4 of the dosage and within a day I had 3 bowel movements. I did have some minor cramping and I did sense an urgency to go and could not have held it, but it produced soft movements, not explosive painful ones."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

For Constipation: "I took one dose of this and within minutes became nauseated and experienced extreme projectile vomiting. I will not be taking it again."

spoonful of misery December 13, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "If your constipated it can take a couple days maybe even a week it all depends. . Keep taking it till you get a bowel movement and keep taking it if your someone who deals with constant constipation for whatever reason. I was on opiates for 10yrs unfortunately.. but some people need them but if you need them for life long pain then you better never plan on getting off them cuz you'll experience the worse thing in your life physically and mentally even when your clean you forever deal with severe depression/ anxiety along with body pain.. I ended up having to get on methadone cuz I couldn't handle being off opiates, so that also gets me constipated but I use this 1cap day havent been blocked up since! Stool softeners dont work, only miralax"

lovemykitties07 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

For Constipation: "I have been using this product since 2004 for constipation, it has not failed me since. Painless and easy although it gives me very bad diaherria. Overall a very good product!"

Powerprincess07 (taken for 10 years or more) November 22, 2016

For Constipation: "Works fine for me. Prescribed by my Drs to take twice a day but I don't use it that often. No cramping, no diarrhea, and have used it for colonoscopy prep. Have heard the horror stories but works well for me."

Susie 47 November 17, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "My husband swears you will poop a paper clip from when you were 3 years old. He wouldn't be surprised if after this miracle drug, you happened to also see a lego in there. You won't be disappointed.It really works"

Mitber (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "After major surgery in 2010 my doctor told me to start using Miralax. I have used it daily every day since then. I was told to never strain during a bm again. Along with is this I eat 25 grams of fiber in my cereal every morning, a serving of prunes (7), one 5 gram of fiber protein bar, 2 fiber capsules, and drink 6-8 glasses of water ever day and finish the day with an apple for the pectin. And I cannot stop any of these items or I have problems. I do not have any blockages and have a colonoscopy every 3 years. Miralax places an important part and my doctor has no issues with me continuing to take it."

dilr October 9, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I've had chronic constipation since I was four. It was so bad that I literally had to see a "poop doctor" until I was about 7. I started using Miralax whenever I was constipated at that point, and never once has it failed me. I once had a 2-week period of constipation, my worst period of time ever, so I began taking one capful twice a day. Two days later, I produced two toiletfuls of stool. It ached a bit afterwards, but the process was very, VERY quick and you could NOT believe how relieved and relaxed I felt afterwards. I'm in my late teen years now, and I still take it whenever I haven't gone for at least 3-4 days. It usually takes a day or two to work, but it's completely worth it."

Shortnsweet September 20, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "After lower back surgery I was prescribed Oxycodone for pain and Diazepam ( Valium) for muscle spasms. The only problem is constipation,something that I had never experienced before. The instructions say that it may take up to 72 hours and this is how long it took to work for me. I was sceptical if it was going to work at all but it did. NO pain or any problems. I went easy the only thing the smell is hard to describe. Haha!!!. I took it twice a day on the advise of the nurse after the single dose didn't bring me any results the first day. Always ask your doctor for stuff like that even though it is an OTC remedy . Hope you feel better."

STELIOS September 14, 2016

For Constipation: "Aside from your guts rumbling around like a dishwasher for a few days it's not too bad. I look and feel like a water balloon for a few days afterwards. I take this when constipation has progressed beyond normal and I'm in the "rolling around and crying" stage. Otherwise, I take Magnesium Citrate while the intestinal pressure is still low."

Danface12321 September 12, 2016

For Constipation: "I took 3 doses of Polyethylene glycol over two-days and have been having diarrhea for the past 3day , I am now having to wear pull ups because I can't stop going. HELP"

Leaky butt (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Just been on this for 2 days. Don't know if I'm gonna go but one cap=1000 facts!! If this can make me go without the pain I experienced with ex lax I'm all in :) Took xlax a week ago and 12 hrs later every inch of my body was sweating from my eyebrows to my Nuckles. I didn't know knuckles could sweat. After an hour of extreme pain and making baby Jesus all kinds of promises I finally went. I started the miralax the next day and I have not gone but I'm sure it's coming.... The problem with the gassy side effect is I work with one other person in an office. Who do you blame it on? Lol"

Nickatnit August 30, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "I was prescribed PEG as a prep for a colonoscopy. The medicine made me throw up, and the procedure had to be rescheduled. Thoroughly disgusting stuff."

Anonymous August 27, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Started taking Miralax about a week ago. I didn't have it with me this last weekend, and I still went to the bathroom. I must say since I have been taking it, I have had a little cramping, this pretty much is the red flag saying time to use the restroom. I must be really constipated if this cramping if happening. But I'm going to keep taking it and see how I feel in a few weeks. So far I'm going to the restroom it's slowly moving out. Yeah! Miralax"

LQ August 2, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "It worked!! Relief took 12 hours but it was gentle and no painful complications. Would rather wait than go through a very painful solution in a few hours. Thank you Miralax!!❤️❤️❤️"

Wendel Jay July 22, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I take Miralax every day and have for about six months, per my doctor. I have an abdominal hernia, inoperable. My complaint is your new POUR SPOUT. I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. My last purchase did not have that feature and it was a real pleasure. Why in the world did you think that would be a good addition to the bottle? I wish you would stop that and go back to just the regular bottle. Miralax is my God send. I have a lot of problems with my bowels and this helps me greatly. I have recommended Miralax to my friends. Surprisingly, some already use it. That is my say for today. Sally Wiese"

Picklelady July 21, 2016

For Constipation: "For many years 40+, I have been taking every laxative. Most make me sick, gives me gas and diarreah. Finally, a doctor prescribed miralax (polyethylene glycol). Nothing has ever worked this well. I am finally doing something natural. I do take it everyday in my coffee. It's GREAT!!"

Vernaleabyrd July 18, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Miralax was a lifesaver for me. I was nearly hospitalized because constipation had caused aspiration pneumonitis and greatly worsened my GERD and asthma. I was losing weight, though I was already underweight, because I couldn't eat many meals, and I was also having chronic moderate/severe abdominal pain. The miralax worked amazingly for me, although it took some time (a week, 2 capfuls 2x daily, though now I do 2 once a day). My brother experienced problems with it though. He started with 1 capful and was vomiting all night. However, he went to ½ capful and slowly titrated up to 2, and now PRN Overall: Highly effective, but variable side effect profile. Insurance only covered bc I was taking such large doses, otherwise they will not."

jtahsuda4 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I had been feeling very bloated and had a lot of pain over the past months. So much so it landed me in the ER. Xrays showed I was backed up. So much my Dr said flat out I was full of $h1t. She perscribed this stuff and it made my stomach growl and groan. Several hours later it hit me. It was like a freakin soft serve ice cream parlor. The smell was something wicked. All in all it worked. I will continue to use this miracle powder."

Sir Poop-A-Lot July 11, 2016

For Constipation: "I love this! A few days ago I was severely constipated and I took this today and within 5 minutes I was in the bathroom. Gave me the squirts but it's better than feeling like your holding a brick back there!"

Bamagirl1998 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

For Constipation: "I have IBS-C, which leads to IBS-D... So instead of the harsh laxatives like ducolax or others that cause cramping and extreme discomfort before a huge trip to the bathroom, I tried "Lax a day". I put the 17 grams in my lactose free chocolate milk and drank it. 1) no taste or chalky feeling 2) a bit tummy gurgle after taking it but it settled down 3) took approx 9 hours (evening took it and had a bowel movement this morning).. A NORMAL ONE! Honestly only those who have suffered with these issues can understand and appreciate how exciting it is to find something like this that isn't hard on your body and works fairly fast. 10 out of 10, hands down."

Chantalie June 29, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have had dry stools for years and have tried everything under the sun-natural and over the counter products- with no success. This has been an absolute life saver. No side effects and worked within 2 days."

Nicky12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2016