User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

Also known as: ClearLax, GaviLAX, Gialax, GlycoLax, HealthyLax, MiraLax, PEG3350, Purelax, SunMark ClearLax

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350.

Constipation, Acute
8.7

Constipation
8.6

Bowel Preparation
4.6

Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 reviews 7.3 153 reviews

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Ever since being pregnant with my son 3 years ago I've been plagued by stomach problems: gallbladder stones, bloating and constipation. I went a full month once with no bowel movement. Colace tablets were working fine until 3 weeks ago I wasn't going and having lots of stomach pain. Dr suggested Miralax. 4 days ago I took it and felt bloated, tired and headachey. Still no bowel movement so I took a Colace. The Miralax started finally working last night but it was the most painful bowel movement ever. 9hrs later I still feel like I need to go but now nothing happens when I do. Miralax did not soften bowel movements whatsoever. Very disappointed. I'm also on subutex so that doesn't help. I think I'll stick with Colace."

Jessalynn85 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I have took it four days ago. Doctors orders. Not working. I have major pain in my lower back when I have to go and then it goes away after a bowel movement. This has been going on for a couple of months. The pain use to last five minutes...now it last longer. I can't stand up straight when I have this pain."

Suedo September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "This stuff makes me poop every time I urinate. Once it kicks in, the effects last for several days. I have completely abnormal bowel movements. I can never get it all out, it just sits in my rectum, causing a great deal of "mishaps". I finally had to go and get an enema just so I could have an actual bowel movement and clear everything out, so to speak. I'll never use the stuff again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "It felt like I had a rock in my back that need to come out of my bottom part.. long story short when you are full of poop it hurts lol and you need to get that poop out!!! This is my first day taking Miralax and it started working on me in a couple of hours. I'm released and relieved.."

Dj103lo August 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "It works just fine for constipation I took it 3 times before in the past but the 4th time I took it which was a couple years ago my blood pressure dropped really low 81/48 felt tired all day not wanting to do anything would not recommend if you are on blood pressure medication too check with your doctor"

95222828283 July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "This helps but after you take it and poop, etc. You may loose control of your bowels if you laugh or anything like that it will make you poop without wanting to."

Clwpinesause June 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have had to use this product a lot more than I'd like to admit. Over the last year I have gone through about 6 boxes of 12 if not more.... works in about 2 minutes for me so it works almost instantly which is why I love them so much however they only clean out the lower section of your bowel and not all your bowels. Which is good and bad. For severe constipation I'd recommend also taking an oral medication as well "

Bear92 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Miralax I have found to be very effective in producing bowel movements however I have IBS-C and it may be causing me more frequent bouts of nausea during the day as well as major bloating but not sure?"

Rickie L (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "* recommendation + tip * I have Irritable bowel syndrome and had bad constipation since I have moved to Italy. Going to the toilet 2 times a week for about 9 month, with very hard stool. When I have met my family doctor he explained me that constipation is sometimes like a snowball: when the belly is full and hard, its creating more pressure on the bowel, then it is leading again to more constipation. He explained that sometimes one need to break the cycle, "to unclog" the belly and let it "relax" for a while. I have taken it for a week, and since then I have broke the cycle! Once every few months (especially when I am nervous, so IBS is kicking) I feel like I need to have it again for a week. Super recommended!"

HappyBellBell May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I started with very, very hard stool (Bristol Scale = 1) like mini-cannonballs. By the 3rd dose of MiraLax my stool was normal--just came sliding out without any strain on my part. I took a 4th daily dose to be sure, and I still feel good- so I'm going to stop now. No side effects except a minor grumbling in the stomach. I heartily recommend this medication to anyone suffering from hard stool."

Bobby S (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "After taking a new medication for 10 days with no problem, once I titrated my dose to twice what I'd been taking, I ceased to poop. No poop other than a few "rabbit turds" here and there, for 6 days. On the 4th day of no poop, I took a dose of Miralax. On the 5th day, I took a dose in the AM and one in the PM, at bedtime. Same thing on the 6th day. Finally, I'd had enough waiting. I did the Dulculax/Miralax Colon Cleanse for Colonoscopy that is listed on many medical facility websites. I chose one with 4 tablets of Dulculax, followed a few hrs later by 8.3oz (approximately 14 doses) of Miralax dissolved into 64oz of Gatorade. It took 6 hrs after taking the Dulculax/nearly 2.5 hrs in of drinking the drink, for it to finally kick in. Whew!"

chitchatcatt (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "MiraLAX is working well but it takes to long to work."

StarWars producer 889736361208 May 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "I had another GI doctor suggest Miralax for a colonoscopy prep and that was a mistake. the doctor who did the test could not see anything and I had to come back another time with a " real prep""

Rickie L (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ClearLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: "I was chubby for years and almost never had bowel movements. When I did, it was with pain so severe I nearly passed out. My doctor recommended MiraLax and I started taking it every night. I do go to the bathroom now and sometime multiple times a day. I feel so much better and have lost over 50 pounds over two years. I have blood work and a complete workup every three months, but so far, so good. Best part I am no longer a couch potato and work outside a lot and swim. It really changed my life."

JayneLHH (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have problems with chronic constipation and have tried various stool softeners and suppositories. Today, I took Miralax for the first time. It really cleaned me out. I will absolutely use it again."

Mrs. Mac April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I bought this laxative after seeing the commercial on TV - I thought it would be effective with few side effects. It is a complete waste of money. After 3 days I am extremely uncomfortable. I have constant abdominal cramps and pressure, terrible gas and only managed to pass a small bowel movement. I have even increased the dosing to twice a day to try and get relief but to no avail. I will not use this laxative again."

Still Not Going (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have chronic constipation due to medications mainly my pain medications and I take miralax on occasion and it works but for me takes a full 3 days for it to kick in and get my bowels moving again. I recommend taking this as soon as you get constipated for some it works as soon as 12 hours. I've had no issues with Miralax and it works for me."

Dobie2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Loose bowels all the time, my stool smells horrible all."

Hoof March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "I, like many others here, am on a daily regimen of opiate pain medication, which as mentioned causes horrible constipation. Ideally, of course I would love to not take the opiates, but as I have late stage cancer, that is just not an option for me. I am prescribed 4, that's right folks, 4 different things to help with bowel movements. A stool softener, a laxative pill, a laxative syrup, and purelax/mirelax whichever. The only thing that ever gets things moving is the purelax and it's almost instantaneously for me. If it wasn't for this I don't know what I would do. I've gone over two weeks without making a bowel movement and can tell you it's the most uncomfortable I've ever been in my life. I took one dose and boom, kicked right in"

Mysharona (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I take opiates every day, and a side effect of this is severe constipation. I would often go weeks without having a bowel movement. When I did go, it was painful and required a lot of work and time. I have tried other solutions and MiraLax is the best by far. I took one cap full every day and on the second day I had a small bowel movement. I kept taking it and the very next day I had the first normal bowel movement in years. No cramping, no straining and no pain. I cannot recommend MiraLax enough. It is so gentle, yet works so well! If you suffer with constipation don't suffer anymore! Try MiraLax!"

SnarkyJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation: "It has not shown any side effects in me. It works the following day and it's almost tasteless. I mix it with cranberry juice and you can barely taste it. It beats Milk of Magnesium by a long shot."

Sunshine State (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I started a new medication that made me extremely constipated, I could only go to the bathroom if I drank coffee. I decided to try this after not having a BM for 2 days and it did nothing. I tried it again the next morning and still nothing. On the 3rd day I bought the Dulcolax pink pills and took 2 (supposed to work in 6-12 hours)... 12 hours later and still nothing. At this point my stomach is so bloated and hurts pretty bad. I go by the store and get a glycerin suppository and that did the trick after about 30 seconds. I think I was just so backed up that nothing was working. After the first BM (it wasn't much) all of those laxatives started kicking in and giving me horrible cramps for 30 or so minutes. Finally emptied everything out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "The Mirlax is really easy for me to use. Very effective. The reason for posting is I was wondering if there was a way for a person like myself who has used this puduct for many years... could have a more easier way of pouring it into a water bottle for example. Much like Crystal light packets but in a way so it does not copy Crystal light company's companies idea. Yet is still effective for people who have a hard time pouring the medicine themselves without making huge mess. Thank you very much."

MiraLAX user February 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "After several weeks of constipation (not that I was ever regular), my doctor had me try this. Ironically I'd just picked up a package of it. I took it around 5pm and had a bowel movement at 9am the following morning. I want several times after that. There was lots of tummy grumbling but no cramps to speak of. I did feel "off" the rest of the day but I believe that was due to a fever with the cold I was coming down with. Would definitely use this again."

Mrsknightly (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have been taking MiraLax for 2 months now due to constipation and hemorrhoids such a blessing to me! Before MiraLax, I used a Docusate Sodium for 6 months and it stopped working for me which caused me to be constipated again and it was leading me to extreme depression. I used MiraLax and it has not let me down at all!!! I love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who is suffering from straining and constipation!!! Thank you MiraLax :)"

Jayy92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2017