User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

Also known as: ClearLax, GaviLAX, GlycoLax, HealthyLax, MiraLax, PEG3350, Purelax, SunMark ClearLax

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350.

Constipation, Acute 11 reviews 33 medications

8.7
Constipation 122 reviews 244 medications

8.7
Bowel Preparation 8 reviews 113 medications

4.5
Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 reviews 141 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "I had another GI doctor suggest Miralax for a colonoscopy prep and that was a mistake. the doctor who did the test could not see anything and I had to come back another time with a " real prep""

Rickie L (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ClearLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: "I was chubby for years and almost never had bowel movements. When I did, it was with pain so severe I nearly passed out. My doctor recommended MiraLax and I started taking it every night. I do go to the bathroom now and sometime multiple times a day. I feel so much better and have lost over 50 pounds over two years. I have blood work and a complete workup every three months, but so far, so good. Best part I am no longer a couch potato and work outside a lot and swim. It really changed my life."

JayneLHH (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have problems with chronic constipation and have tried various stool softeners and suppositories. Today, I took Miralax for the first time. It really cleaned me out. I will absolutely use it again."

Mrs. Mac April 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "I bought this laxative after seeing the commercial on TV - I thought it would be effective with few side effects. It is a complete waste of money. After 3 days I am extremely uncomfortable. I have constant abdominal cramps and pressure, terrible gas and only managed to pass a small bowel movement. I have even increased the dosing to twice a day to try and get relief but to no avail. I will not use this laxative again."

Still Not Going (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have chronic constipation due to medications mainly my pain medications and I take miralax on occasion and it works but for me takes a full 3 days for it to kick in and get my bowels moving again. I recommend taking this as soon as you get constipated for some it works as soon as 12 hours. I've had no issues with Miralax and it works for me."

Dobie2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Loose bowels all the time, my stool smells horrible all."

Hoof March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "I, like many others here, am on a daily regimen of opiate pain medication, which as mentioned causes horrible constipation. Ideally, of course I would love to not take the opiates, but as I have late stage cancer, that is just not an option for me. I am prescribed 4, that's right folks, 4 different things to help with bowel movements. A stool softener, a laxative pill, a laxative syrup, and purelax/mirelax whichever. The only thing that ever gets things moving is the purelax and it's almost instantaneously for me. If it wasn't for this I don't know what I would do. I've gone over two weeks without making a bowel movement and can tell you it's the most uncomfortable I've ever been in my life. I took one dose and boom, kicked right in"

Mysharona (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I take opiates every day, and a side effect of this is severe constipation. I would often go weeks without having a bowel movement. When I did go, it was painful and required a lot of work and time. I have tried other solutions and MiraLax is the best by far. I took one cap full every day and on the second day I had a small bowel movement. I kept taking it and the very next day I had the first normal bowel movement in years. No cramping, no straining and no pain. I cannot recommend MiraLax enough. It is so gentle, yet works so well! If you suffer with constipation don't suffer anymore! Try MiraLax!"

SnarkyJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "It has not shown any side effects in me. It works the following day and it's almost tasteless. I mix it with cranberry juice and you can barely taste it. It beats Milk of Magnesium by a long shot."

Sunshine State (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I started a new medication that made me extremely constipated, I could only go to the bathroom if I drank coffee. I decided to try this after not having a BM for 2 days and it did nothing. I tried it again the next morning and still nothing. On the 3rd day I bought the Dulcolax pink pills and took 2 (supposed to work in 6-12 hours)... 12 hours later and still nothing. At this point my stomach is so bloated and hurts pretty bad. I go by the store and get a glycerin suppository and that did the trick after about 30 seconds. I think I was just so backed up that nothing was working. After the first BM (it wasn't much) all of those laxatives started kicking in and giving me horrible cramps for 30 or so minutes. Finally emptied everything out."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "The Mirlax is really easy for me to use. Very effective. The reason for posting is I was wondering if there was a way for a person like myself who has used this puduct for many years... could have a more easier way of pouring it into a water bottle for example. Much like Crystal light packets but in a way so it does not copy Crystal light company's companies idea. Yet is still effective for people who have a hard time pouring the medicine themselves without making huge mess. Thank you very much."

MiraLAX user February 2, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "After several weeks of constipation (not that I was ever regular), my doctor had me try this. Ironically I'd just picked up a package of it. I took it around 5pm and had a bowel movement at 9am the following morning. I want several times after that. There was lots of tummy grumbling but no cramps to speak of. I did feel "off" the rest of the day but I believe that was due to a fever with the cold I was coming down with. Would definitely use this again."

Mrsknightly (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have been taking MiraLax for 2 months now due to constipation and hemorrhoids such a blessing to me! Before MiraLax, I used a Docusate Sodium for 6 months and it stopped working for me which caused me to be constipated again and it was leading me to extreme depression. I used MiraLax and it has not let me down at all!!! I love it and I highly recommend this to anyone who is suffering from straining and constipation!!! Thank you MiraLax :)"

Jayy92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "I have been taking diabetic medications like Byetta, victoza, bydureon, and trulicity for at least the last 10 years. These medications slow down your digestive process. I have had chronic constipation since I started them. PEG is truly a miracle, no joke. I went from having to force myself to go every 3 or 4 days. Which was miserable. To being regular. I take 1 cap full once a day and I go at least once a day without struggle. I will continue this product. Like one person earlier said. "If you have never experienced this situation, you really have no idea what is is like to go from chronic constipation to being regular again."

Cutter1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "This drug was effective for me. I went through a bout of severe anxiety and panic for about 3 weeks. I lost 25 pounds and did not eat much of anything for 2 weeks. As a result, my digestive system basically shut down. When I began to eat again, I did not have a bowel movement for 15 days. I took a Dulcolax pill and had extreme cramping, dry heaving, full body sweats, and painful bowel movements where I needed to be close to a toilet all day. I went another 8 days without using the bathroom and I tried Miralax. I only took 1/4 of the dosage and within a day I had 3 bowel movements. I did have some minor cramping and I did sense an urgency to go and could not have held it, but it produced soft movements, not explosive painful ones."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "I took one dose of this and within minutes became nauseated and experienced extreme projectile vomiting. I will not be taking it again."

spoonful of misery December 13, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "If your constipated it can take a couple days maybe even a week it all depends. . Keep taking it till you get a bowel movement and keep taking it if your someone who deals with constant constipation for whatever reason. I was on opiates for 10yrs unfortunately.. but some people need them but if you need them for life long pain then you better never plan on getting off them cuz you'll experience the worse thing in your life physically and mentally even when your clean you forever deal with severe depression/ anxiety along with body pain.. I ended up having to get on methadone cuz I couldn't handle being off opiates, so that also gets me constipated but I use this 1cap day havent been blocked up since! Stool softeners dont work, only miralax"

lovemykitties07 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "I have been using this product since 2004 for constipation, it has not failed me since. Painless and easy although it gives me very bad diaherria. Overall a very good product!"

Powerprincess07 (taken for 10 years or more) November 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "Works fine for me. Prescribed by my Drs to take twice a day but I don't use it that often. No cramping, no diarrhea, and have used it for colonoscopy prep. Have heard the horror stories but works well for me."

Susie 47 November 17, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "My husband swears you will poop a paper clip from when you were 3 years old. He wouldn't be surprised if after this miracle drug, you happened to also see a lego in there. You won't be disappointed.It really works"

Mitber (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "After major surgery in 2010 my doctor told me to start using Miralax. I have used it daily every day since then. I was told to never strain during a bm again. Along with is this I eat 25 grams of fiber in my cereal every morning, a serving of prunes (7), one 5 gram of fiber protein bar, 2 fiber capsules, and drink 6-8 glasses of water ever day and finish the day with an apple for the pectin. And I cannot stop any of these items or I have problems. I do not have any blockages and have a colonoscopy every 3 years. Miralax places an important part and my doctor has no issues with me continuing to take it."

dilr October 9, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I've had chronic constipation since I was four. It was so bad that I literally had to see a "poop doctor" until I was about 7. I started using Miralax whenever I was constipated at that point, and never once has it failed me. I once had a 2-week period of constipation, my worst period of time ever, so I began taking one capful twice a day. Two days later, I produced two toiletfuls of stool. It ached a bit afterwards, but the process was very, VERY quick and you could NOT believe how relieved and relaxed I felt afterwards. I'm in my late teen years now, and I still take it whenever I haven't gone for at least 3-4 days. It usually takes a day or two to work, but it's completely worth it."

Shortnsweet September 20, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "After lower back surgery I was prescribed Oxycodone for pain and Diazepam ( Valium) for muscle spasms. The only problem is constipation,something that I had never experienced before. The instructions say that it may take up to 72 hours and this is how long it took to work for me. I was sceptical if it was going to work at all but it did. NO pain or any problems. I went easy the only thing the smell is hard to describe. Haha!!!. I took it twice a day on the advise of the nurse after the single dose didn't bring me any results the first day. Always ask your doctor for stuff like that even though it is an OTC remedy . Hope you feel better."

STELIOS September 14, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "Aside from your guts rumbling around like a dishwasher for a few days it's not too bad. I look and feel like a water balloon for a few days afterwards. I take this when constipation has progressed beyond normal and I'm in the "rolling around and crying" stage. Otherwise, I take Magnesium Citrate while the intestinal pressure is still low."

Danface12321 September 12, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "I took 3 doses of Polyethylene glycol over two-days and have been having diarrhea for the past 3day , I am now having to wear pull ups because I can't stop going. HELP"

Leaky butt (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016