User Reviews for Colace to treat Constipation

Colace has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Constipation. 56% of those users who reviewed Colace reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Colace Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Suzie-Q · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2021

“I was given colace after abdominal/intestinal surgery. I have a history of chronic constipation and did not want it to interfere with healing. My doctor has me consuming 40 grams of fiber daily and drinking 8 glasses of liquid. I take one Colace in the morning and it works every time! I am pleased with it. I do not know how long its effectiveness will continue, i.e., will I build up a tolerance to it? I hope not.”

Angry Consumer · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2021

“Horrible vertigo hours after first and only dose. Still dizzy next morning. Thought I was it was the end of me! Never had a bad reaction to a drug before. Threw the whole bottle away. Beware of this medication.”

Bill · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2021

“Did not work...don't waste your money because there are many others available that are much better”

thissiteishelpful January 31, 2011

“Due to so many heart medications and other medications that I take, I have to be careful of anything OTC and Colace is so gentle. It doesn't ever cause cramping or discomfort. It literally does the job nicely. I recommend 100%, something I don't often do. You can take this without being nervous or afraid.”

Anon70 · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2018

“Epidurals after surgery left me constipated. On hospital departure, single 100mg tabs of Colace prescribed for bedtime and worked overnight. When I stopped using Colace, constipation returned because I have been told not to strain at BM time because I still have abdominal stitches. On return to Colace, it again worked overnight. I'm impressed”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2020

“After taking Colace everyday for a year, my platelet count went down so low that my doctor thought I had cancer. I told him that I read that it could happen taking this drug. I went off of it and three weeks later had another test and it was normal. I take fiber in a powder form now which is safe.”

Debbie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2021

“Colace doesn't work for me at all. I've been using it for two months now and stool is still hard and constipated. I drink lots of water so that's not the issue. I guess it's not for everyone and I won't be using it anymore.”

Anonymous May 20, 2010

“Helps stop the pain of feeling constipated, and my stool isn't runny.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2018

“Works well every day...no side effects...so far great!”

Joker · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2018

“this the worse product I've been told to use. It hasn't helped with bowel movements at all and it was not cheap either. I wouldn't recommend to any one....”