User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, Laxative Gentle Suppositories, Ducodyl, Magic Bullet, Correctol, Bisa-Lax, Bisco-Lax, Feen-A-Mint, Gentlax Tablet, Ex-lax Ultra, Doxidan Tablet, Veracolate, Fleet Bisacodyl, Fematrol, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Dulcogen, Alophen, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisolax, Gen Lax, Gentle Laxative, Carter's Little Pills, Colax Evac-U-Gen …show all brand names

Constipation
5.3
Bowel Preparation
5.6

Reviews for Bisacodyl

User007 · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Idk if people taking this just aren’t hydrated or what. I took three without having read any reviews and woke up the next day with light nausea and occasional, mild cramps, not unlike regular period cramps . As for BMs, slightly comical in intensity. I woke up early to start heading to the toilet and my biggest complaint is that I’m sleepy and have had to get out of bed several times to attend the water closet. Honestly, this was a breeze compared to drinking one cup of Smooth Move tea.”

BW · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “Worked just as described. Pre colonoscopy prep taken the morning before the procedure and when followed by Glycoprep made the whole thing easy.”

Tricky · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “After suffering from 2 weeks of constipation, I bit the bullet and took 2 of pills around 3:30pm. By 7pm I had a solid bowel movement and thought "great, problem solved." How wrong I was! Fast forward to 4am, I woke up soaked in sweat and feeling like my stomach was being ripped out. Barely conscious, I managed to crawl to the toilet just in time. Then all hell broke loose! The world fell out of my butt in the form of what can only be described as molten lava for the next hour and a half. This was followed by bouts of nausea, heart palpitations and feeling like I was going to black out. The next day was spent feeling like I'd been hit by a train. These pills are unbelievable and only a masochistic would take these more than once. How are they legal?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Whoever created dulcolax - well I don't know what they were thinking. I took three pills at around 3:30 pm. By 7 pm I started to feel ill, I had a stomachache and felt like I was going to throw up. Flash forward 3 1/2 more hours and my lower back felt like it was it on fire, my heart was palpitating, my legs were shaking, I had horrible cramps, and felt so feeble that I could barely move. A half an hour later is when all hell broke loose. It was a five hour ordeal. I was butt naked on my toilet seeing stars unsure if I was going to throw up or poop at any given time. During these five hours I migrated between writhing around on my bathroom floor and sitting in the toilet. I would have called an ambulance but I couldn’t walk to get my phone from my room. I thought life was going to be over.”

P-man · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Sooo after reading all the reviews on here I figured I’d share my story. I’ve taken this drug a few times. First two times I had mild constipation and shared the same experience as most of you on here have had. Horrible cramping, sweats, explosive bowel movements, laying on the floor and overall just wanting lfe to be over! The next two times I had taken it I honestly swore I’d never take this drug again but this time my blockage had lasted over a week. That feeling alone is scary think that your intestines will explode. So I took each time right before bed. Woke up early in the morning with cramping but immediately released in the toilet. Diarrhea for the next few hours but tolerable. So to conclude this is a great product for severe constipation, I’m not talking a 3-4 days without a bowel movement, I’m talking a week or longer. Try other outlets like collace or Metamucil. Ducolax should be a last resort after a long period without. Hope that helps someone :)”

BowelsOfHell · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2019

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I took the pills at around 2am and I was awoken at around 7.45am with the sound of a demon noises echoing around my bedroom, in fact the noises was my stomach roaring and bubbling like a volcano about to erupt. I had mild cramping and thought I’d better get to the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet, I began to involuntary heave. This went on for around 20 minutes. I clenched my cheeks together and out came a watery splash of sheer stink. I thought to myself “This can’t be it?”...and I was right. I was back and forth to the toilet all morning and my butt felt like a fire breathing dragon. Every time I got back into bed for a rest, I lay in wait for lucifer himself to take over my sphincter. I lay in bed just reevaluating my life. I had visions of the emergency services coming to my rescue as I lay in a pile of my own excrement begging the lord for mercy. Only take these if you fancy a trip to hell and back.”

Just no · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl): “I will never take this Dulcolax ever again in my entire life. You're better off taking a liquid or e-lax pills unless you're desperate. Here's my experience.--- After 3 days without making a movement and been eating a meal that had a lot of dairy, it explained why making a movement was a bit tough, almost impossible. I grab 2 ducolax pills and am thankful I didn't take 3. This isn't gentle. I was twisting and turning about to cry from the pain thinking I should just call 911. The cramps came and went for 1-2 hours. Just don't take it, I'm glad it works but it hurts. For real DON'T TAKE THIS STUFF I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO WENT THROUGH THIS”

Fili March 19, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I am a healthy 23yo female, 5'6'' 132 lb. This time I had incomplete evacuation for over a week and a change in schedule, so I felt blocked up. I took a Dulcolax at 11:30 hours and drank the usual amount of water I do in a day (I drink over 130oz on a normal day) and added some lemonades to help my intestines pull in electrolytes. I did feel some rumbling but that was very mild but no BM. The next morning I had 2 BMs within 3 hours and I was all clear. No side effects, no diarrhea either! Guys, BIG ADVICE here, always under dose - start with one if you're self-prescribing or go with what your doctor says. And drink huge amounts of water. Throw in some juices, electrolytes, and you'll have the gentlest evacuation ever. I hope my review helps those having popped a few pills and waiting up for the 'lighter' day! Drink water while you wait, cheers :)”

Sally · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I was constipated so I took 2 Dulcolax Saturday night. I started having diarrhea and lots of blood with it. That continued for 36 hours. Lots of stomach cramping and vomiting. I thought it was the end of me. The cramping was exactly like child labor. I would suggest to anyone reading this review to NOT buy dulcolax. It is just so bad and should be taken off the market. I was within hours of having to go to the ER. This product is literally toxic to a human beings system.”

Worthers · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 12, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “TIPS: Start with 1 the first time, and never take more than 2. Drink lots of water - if you are not hydrated they will make you feel nauseas. Only take for moderate to severe constipation, if it’s mild you will experience severe cramps. These DO work very well, but follow the above first.”

Zimbabwebird September 14, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Took two tablets at about 8am, expecting some gentle movement in a few hours. Next joke? Before 9 I was totally incapacitated with extreme cramps and nausea. This was closely followed by sweat pouring from my whole body, then the explosive diarrhoea described by many others. I genuinely thought I was going to have to call an ambulance, I felt like I was dying-slowly and very painfully. This product should not be sold over the counter.”

Jasmine · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “DO NOT TAKE DULCOLAX!!! This pill does the job but be prepared for excruciating pain. A week ago I took two pills because I was backed up for 5 days and it was the worst experience of my life! I took this in the night and around 7 am I woke up too terribly bad cramps and this went on for like 30 minutes and I decide to go to the bathroom and thank godddd I did because it came out like a water hose and I almost threw up. And this lasted the entire day! When I finally thought it was over I ate literally just a piece/crumb of bread and I had to run to the bathroom again. I went on my phone to see reviews about this product and I was so disappointed in my self for not reading the comments before I took this. I can not imagine this pill given to a child. please do not give this pill to your child!!”

Star · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “After I took Dulcolax yesterday afternoon I got online to check reviews and ended up TERRIFIED, so I felt compelled to leave a review too! I took 1 pill at 3:30pm yesterday, and had a soft BM at 4:30pm. I made sure to sip 25+ oz while I waited for it to work. Bed time came and I was scared to sleep. I woke up at 3:30am to tummy rumbles (but no cramps or pain), and had another BM around 5:00am, this time even softer. Again at 7:30am, and at that point it was diarrhea. Overall, I would say it's been an okay experience. It did what it was supposed to do. I have a headache this morning, and I'm tired, but I think it's because I stayed up reading reviews and was stressing myself out! So for the people like me, who are doing the same exact thing right now, I wanted to leave a good experience here too. :)”

Relieved · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I have taken dulcolax for severe constipation twice. I suffer with constipation frequently and have done my whole life. I take movicol but recently the periods between "going" have been getting longer. The first time I took dulcolax I took 1 and it had very little effect. Yesterday it had been almost 2 weeks since I last moved my bowels so I took 2 this morning. 10 hours later I suddenly began to feel very, very ill. Dizzy, extremely nauseated, headache, terrible stomach cramps, cold sweat, the lot. I tried unsuccessfully to move my bowels 3 times, then on the 4th time an unholy amount of poo left my body. I now feel much better. It did exactly what I took it for. Although the journey was unpleasant it was short lived.”

Anonymous March 3, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “This is absolutely horrendous stuff! I cannot believe they are able to sell this in shops! I took 2 last night as I’ve been constipated for a few days, woke up at 7am with stomach cramps but managed to get back to sleep, I then woke up at 8:30am thinking I was going to puke, I ran to the toilet and it was like an explosion of diarrhea, I then came over in a hot sweat and fainted on the toilet!! Ears ringing, head spinning, dripping in my own sweat. Absolutely awful stuff, avoid!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “This stuff Dulcolax is awful. Was taking it for colonoscopy prep. I told them I had taken dulcalax once before and it made me very sick so they gave me zofran. Zofran didn't work, all it did was give me a migraine. Took Ducalax at around 7pm and at 1 am was woken up by severe stomach pains and nausea. Rushed to the bathroom to puke however while I was barfing my guts out into the toilet, I pooped my pants. It just rushed out, I didn't even know it was coming. Left me bleaching half the bathroom and plainly throwing out my bottoms, and showering at 1:30 am. I know this is too much info, but this is to paint the pretty picture on how awful this medication is. WILL NOT TAKE AGAIN, NO MATTER WHAT. Would give 0 stars if I could.”

Kristy · Taken for 10 years or more January 2, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “I have Crohn’s Disease and have had 23 colonoscopies over my adult life. I have used Dulcolax as a bowel prep for the last 12 procedures. It is not fun during the bowel prep, you will probably experience painful cramping just like you would any other time you have diarrhea, but that is the point of a bowel prep. You have to be thoroughly cleaned out. You will need to be home and near a bathroom during your entire prep, this is not a time to leave your house! If you are afraid of taking this many pills, ask your doctor for a different prep. I will never go back to one of the gross liquid drink preps, this has worked 100% for me.”

RWW · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Took two of these Dulcolax at 4.30pm as I had been suffering from constipation for a few days. Had a normal bowel movement at 6pm and I thought they'd done their job. That is until I woke up at 12.30am with the worst cramps imaginable. This was followed by numerous further explosions at 2.30am and 4.30am, to the point where I had to lie on the bathroom floor to stop myself from passing out. Pretty sure my bathroom is going to need an exorcism after this. It's now 11.30am the next day and my stomach cramps are still very much there. These work, but at a high cost!!”

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “Ok I have extreme anxiety and was terrified of the colonoscopy prep. I’m not really sure why I was so scared except after reading everyone’s reviews I think that was the fuel. I had an EXCELLENT experience! Took two dulcolax at 12:00pm. Around 1:30 I felt some slight cramping no big deal I used a heating pad. Starting going pretty rapidly but no pain, nausea or sweating/feeling faint. I also drank miralax in between. Took two more dulcolax at 4 and then more miralax at 5. I’m proud of myself for completing the prep.. it was really no big deal! Drink LOTS of fluids. Also I didn’t eat too much the day before makes the prep easier. Don’t worry.”

ReneeK · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I took two Dulcolax pills at approx. 10am with a glass of water. Then I read the reviews and was terrified at what I was in for. But for the entire day, I felt absolutely NO SYMPTOMS and no bowel movements. I wondered whether this was going to work or not. Finally, at about 2am, I had tummy rumbling, and gas, but really that’s it. BUT at 8am the next day (22 hours after dosing!), I woke with my tummy rumbling and feeling the urge of diarrhea. I rushed to the bathroom. A few minutes later, I still had the urge to diarrhea again. I’d say between 8 AM-1 PM, I had diarrhea about ten times. It was a LOT. But the good thing is, any discomfort was minor (My stomach rumbled all day, and I kept feeling the urge to diarrhea) so I stayed home until the feeling finally passed. I did not experience nausea, vomiting, cramps, or anything like many reviewers. Other than the 5 hours or so of diarrhea and tummy rumbling, this was really painless and effective!!!!”

Anonymous August 11, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Took 2 pills and woke up about 3 hours later in excruciating PAIN! It felt like someone was stabbing me in the stomach and twisting the knife. I probably did more vomiting than number two. Cold sweats, confusing and profuse pain. I just wanted to pass out to get some type of relief! At one point the pain had gotten so bad I asked Jesus to come take me out of my misery. There is no way that stuff should still be on the market.”

Janine April 21, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “As I am writing this, I am still feeling the effect of taking 2 Dulcolax tablets. I'm not recommending it to anyone and I am not taking this again ever. I wish I had read reviews about this tablet before I took it. It gave me the worst abdominal pain in my life, I took it around 11 PM , woke up around 6 AM by an extreme pain just above my belly button, it is nothing like you are going to have a bowel movement. I was sweating and feeling nausea, it is like an acid feeling inside your abdomen. I literally cried and was ready to go to the ER - but due to covid situation I managed to wait for few more minutes while putting a heat pad on my belly. After almost an hour, the pain subsided .. but I can still feel some pain sporadically and I still have the nausea even after the diarrhea effect. I feel so tired right now. I'm scared that instead of helping me with this occasional constipation , it would make things worst...”

Sandi · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “No. Just no. True to its word, the pooping didn't start until 6-12 hours. What the box doesn't tell say, is that I would continue rushing to the bathroom off and on for a minimum of 10 hours after that. This was accompanied by pain and chills and more diarrhea than I've had in a lifetime. So, before taking this, ask yourself, "How desperate am I?"”

Jan · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2021

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “Took 4 ducolax at 4 pm after being on clear liquid all day, and already having loose stool. Started MiraLAX at 5:30. Finished first bottle of gatorade/miralax mix by 6:30. Drank extra water. Had horrible stomach cramps, nausea rest of evening. Could not drink anymore till 6 am gatorade/miralax. Colonoscopy went well. 2 small polyps. 4 days later, still having stomach cramps, nausea, anorexia. I think 4 ducolax was over doing it for me. I'll consider it an adverse reaction to ducolax tablets.”

PoopyMcPooperson · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Every time I eat Pizza I really get bunged up so this time I took a dulcolax after eating said pizza, which was delicious by the way. 12 hours later lying in bed I did some really stinky trumps and I got a twinge in my lower region which I initially thought was mild period pain... but realised it must be time to poop so I ran as fast as I could to the toilet and as soon as I sat down the whole world fell out of my butt. A mixture between runny and soft poops, the whole toilet bowl is pebble dashed so make sure you have bleach handy. Would definitely recommend, but to those taking 2 or more tablets... what were you thinking!!??”

ADt · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “Hi, I wanted to weigh in on the bowel prep experience. I read a lot of these comments and was terrified about what might happen. I stayed well-hydrated all day, took 4 Dulcolax at 3 pm. Then at 5 pm, I started the process of drinking a whole bottle of Miralax. By 3:45 I had a standard BM. From then on I had slight bubble guts, and an occasional gas pain. By 7:20, I had completed my Miralax prep for the evening. I had two small watery BMs around 6 and 6:45pm. The serious action started around 7:45. Large, urgent, watery BMs about every 5-10 minutes until about 8:30. One more at 9:30, and a smaller one at 11:30. During that first active window I felt pretty rough. I felt nauseated but never threw up. I was exhausted and couldn’t really focus. I stayed hydrated as I could. So, bottom line is that it’s no picnic, as I was certainly emptying my bowels fast... but neither was I writhing on the floor in pain. Whew!”

Amajon · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “After many trips to the doctor, urgent care and more, I finally discover the wonders of Dulcolax. Every other laxatives would give me excruciating cramping. Well Dulcolax will give you great results. Prepare yourself for a poopy situation literally. It’s like having your own private fireworks show in the privacy of your bathroom. Niagara Falls is small compared to this explosion of internal compost. Definitely a 5 out of 5 stars ⭐️ show.”

Phoenix February 7, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “My bowel prep instructions for my procedure said to take 4 dulcolax pills. Within an 1 hour I started vomiting, sweating & muscles in arms & legs were twitching, then about 30 min into this nightmare, I started shooting yellow liquid out my butt non stop. This, before I even started drinking the 64 oz of the other concoction I was prescribed. I had to crawl on the floor. My dog was traumatized & howling because he was so worried. It took 3 hours for the nausea, vomiting & volcano to slow enough for me to start drinking the liquid prep solution. I’ve been up all night, shooting liquid. When I get to the colonoscopy center this morning I’m telling the doctor she prescribed way too much. I’m a small person with no history of bowel problems. Last night was worse than food poisoning or any illness I’ve ever had. Never again!!!!”