User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Alophen, Bisa-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Bisco-Lax, Bisolax, Carter's Little Pills, Colax, Correctol, Doxidan Tablet, Ducodyl, Dulcogen, Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, ...show all 27 brand names

Learn more about Bisacodyl.

Constipation 619 reviews 245 medications

5.8
Bowel Preparation 44 reviews 114 medications

5.8
Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 663 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Bisacodyl

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took three tablets last night. I expected all the things that are mentioned in other reviews. I did not even have any cramping. I woke up at my usual time. I did not have a sudden urge to use the bathroom. I just tried to go and was able to. I do have diarrhea and have gone a few times already, but I expect to get diarrhea when I take a laxative."

No cramps! (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "NEVER TAKE THIS STUFF!! For the love of God don't. Worst cramps I've ever had! I seriously thought I was dying. I only took one. I can't imagine ever taking 2 let alone 3. I am serious this pill will put you in the worse pain possible! "

Anonymous May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I've had chronic constipation issues my whole life (in my early 30s) and this is literally the only thing that will basically clear me out. I only really use it when my constipation is particularly bad - it's one of those things where you really have to make sure you are very close by to a bathroom for at least 24 hours after taking it. It's definitely not the most comfortable experience - you will get stomach cramps and be up on the toilet for most of the night. But it's definitely effective. To me it is worth it to get cleared out and not have to deal with the nausea and pain that comes from being severely constipated."

Anonymous May 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Took 2 pills around 730pm and I went to my room to take a nap and like around 10 pm I started getting really bad cramps and as the time past by they seemed to get worst , it's 1:56 am and It barely did it's job.. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE !!! Never again , it was just as bad as contractions!!"

Natnatdiaz (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "51 year old 131 pounds, one time use. Directions said take 1 - 3 tabs, so I took two for constipation . Less than 2 hours later I felt the urge to go. That's when the severe cramping and profuse sweating began. While going, I began to vomit (what seems like everything I've ever eaten... ever). Ate mostly clean all week. That day I ate a spinach & sundried tomato omelet for breakfast with coffee & orange juice and buffalo chicken salad with water for dinnier. Since I'm watching my weight, I weigh myself in the morning. After this Dulcolax experience, I lost four pounds in about as many hours. . So, 5 points for the weight loss, but I'll never put myself through this pain again!"

EmptyNow (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Well firstly I just wanted to say that I've had the best night of my life sitting here after popping two dulcolax - unaware of what's install for me. I took them at around half past midnight then came online and saw these reviews. I've been laughing my absolute head off for over an hour at all the comments. I'm partially scared, because after everyone claiming to have almost died, I'm now expecting the worst "

AquamandaG (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I had to come here to give another view of how this works as I came here last night was both shocked and laughing reading the comments. I had already taken ONE tablet so it was a bit late to back out and I prepared myself for the excruciating poop storm to wake me at some point during the night. I was mildly disappointed when I woke at my usual time without so much as a tiny cramp. I did have a few rumbles that told me something was on it's way. The first BM was a bit of effort but far easier and closer to normal than the last 5 days (I had actually had some BM but scant and a lot of straining), I then proceeded to have 3 more BM's each one more liquid than the last but again no pain, no passing out. Try it, take ONE, it works"

Innaminna (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "I have been constipated with small stools x 10 days. Decided to try a laxative after several days of hydrating well and increasing fiber intake (that should be your first strategy). Chose dulcolax because "bisacodyl" sounded more welcoming than the other active ingredients, and it only had ONE active ingredient which I thought would make it milder. Took 1 pill at 2 PM after work. No effect. Waited till 9 PM and took 2. Honestly, probably took the two a little too soon. However, now it is 7.33 AM and I had one medium bowel movement that definitely looked like it needed to come out. I feel my bowels moving, but I'm not really in pain. I've had two 1 minute episodes of cramping feeling, nothing awful. Hoping the pills continue to work."

MildlyConstipated,WellHydrated May 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation: "Worked 2 hours after taking it and removed all of the formed stool before I did the miralax gatorade prep. I felt totally fine from the time I took it until 17 hrs later, Woke at 7:30am, before I opened my eyes my body felt like it was on FIRE/felt REALLY funny. I remembered the reviews, so I had Emetrol on standby, took some. Then took myself to the toilet, had no poop to evacuate so laid on the bathroom floor with ice, felt like I was literally going to die. I was burning up, numb tingly sweats all over my head/entire body, dizzy, sick, dry heaved twice, so pale I looked like a corpse. After 10 min/pooped some water, it passed. I was so bad I knew I wouldn't make it to the hospital in time before potential death from whatever it was. It had to be Dulcolax"

thoughtiwasonmywayout (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I'm between weather this is soo bad or it's ok. I took two pills last night and my goodness I could not sleep the whole night I had very very bad pains in my stomach like very bad cramps:( I will never take this again because of the pain I felt was crazy bad I felt like I needed to be taken to the ER! But it did work in the morning at 6am but I'm still feeling cramps so I would not take it again"

Ava6778888 May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "Worst ever experience!! Do not take this unless you like pain, nausea and a severe burning sensation in your stomach and intestines! Took the pills at 9 pm with water as directed. Woke up at 2 am sick as can be. It's 4:30am, I'm wide awake and sick. If this is no better by 8 am, I am calling my doctor to see if there is anything I can take for some relief!!"

Briali (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took 2 at bed time and slept once I woke up I had to use the bathroom which is a good thing. I love it"

I'm good now (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bowel Preparation: "Oh boy! So I took two 5mg pills at about 9pm, then waited. (I wanted to clear out my system due to an uncomfortable abdominal hernia which is made worse when 'full') Sadly, I'm around 200lbs; that's why I took 2 instead of 1. I wasn't sure if I'd need 3, but found out that 2 was extremely sufficient! In the morning nothing happened until around 11:30, when it finally worked and without cramps. (Make sure you take this with no plans or place to go the next day, just in case it hits hard) BUT...I have things to do & places to go today and what I'm stuck here in my bed with is debilitating NAUSEA. I've had it all morning before the drugs worked, but even after now, I have rotten waves of it. I can stand diarrhea, or cramps but NOT nausea."

SolutionChaser (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I had quite a constipation issue. I'll spare you the details, but it was serious. I went to store & chose Dulcolax. Never tried it before. Took 2 pills at night. Woke up early with severe cramps that didn't subside and got worse. I then started getting more & more nauseous. I managed to go get a bucket just in time to flop back in bed and throw up repeatedly until I dry gagged. The nausea then subsided, but the cramps remained, although they lightened up. I was then unable to get out of bed for most of the rest of the day. I thought I might have a 24 hr stomach virus. I don't know if I got a virus & coincidence I'd taken Dulcolax, or Dulcolax got me sick. My body apparently can't tolerate this medicine."

Honeycombe May 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Am male., 210lbs & 57yrs.. Been dealing w/occasional constipation or partial movements for many years now. Have always relied on Dulcolax (or generic equivalent) for relief when the need arises for use. One tablet w/tall glass of water before bed is all that take - on rare occasions have taken 2 but again that is very rare. Normally 6-8hrs after I will have such a grand movement w/another sometime after that. Always a good feeling of being flushed out of what was sitting rotting inside me. Can't say that have experienced the many bad side effects that have read by others posted. At the most I will get some minor cramps but they pass by quickly tho will say that Dulcolax does cause me to pass gas as the time nears for movement.."

Mr. Kaye (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Worked great. Dont know how everyone else almost died. Yall must have done something wrong."

Phillygirlmemphis (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "I just took 2 of these like 10 minutes ago and now I'm terrified for them to take effect after reading these reviews. Have mercy little orange pills, don't hurt me!"

UchihaT April 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "The first time using this product was after having not gone for about 5 days. Needless to say, I was a little desperate to get something that worked. I took 3 pills which were effective within 3 hours, accompanied with pretty bad stomach cramps but nothing I couldn't handle. After having the same problem I decided to try dulcolax again, having it been successful the last time. WORST DECISION EVER. Not only did it take almost 16 hours to start working, it came with severe nausea and cramps before any success. It's been a day and I still can barely eat without experiencing serious diarrhea! I'm definitely not constipated anymore but it wasn't worth constant bathroom trips at school. Only use if you're ok with the side effect, and ONLY TAKE ONE"

Joey Bennett (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I tried everything from magnesium citrate to even an enema! Nothing worked until I tried dulsolax! It worked 6 hrs after I took it with lots of drinking water and it cleaned me out! I didn't take it overnight, I took it during the day while I was still active and the cramps were not too bad!"

Carolina2017 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Dulcolax has helped but I agree it comes with stomach cramps. For fast relief of constipation yet I feel much easier on the stomach is magnesium citrate. Find it in anywhere. I have also found it very helpful if you feel you have a hard stool to pass. It may take hours but eventually it will break down stool which I find to the point it's not terribly painful to pass. For regular constipation the results are usually very quick. For hard stool it may take a good portion of your day but if you can take the time to plan on being near the bathroom because you will pass other stools before you pass the hard stool and eventually the hard stool will breakdown."

FLG April 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Horrible DO NOT TAKE THIS. Took it at 7 woke up with nausea, cramps, and kidney pain. Had a teenie tiny bowel movement and am now wide awake. "

Meow123456789 April 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Horrible product I took it at night about 7pm woke up with stomach hurting by 4am went to use bathroom but all that happened was major cramps and stomach in so much pain it was seriously as bad as labor contractions I was in so much pain I ended up throwing up three times because this pain came and go non-stop for about 4 1/2 hours worst pain ever. I did have a couple bowel motions but seriously not worth the horrible stomach pain and cramping, throwing up and sweating because of it. Better off trying magnesium. My stomach region is now a day later still sore."

Not worth it April 19, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "My husband got this for me since I haven't been pooping that well lately. He told me it was better than any others, because you don't get stomach cramps. WRONG. I took 2 a couple of hours ago, and now, my stomach is in the worst pain ever. Thankfully, I have had a BM, but I don't think I will ever take Dulcolax again because of the severe pain."

TattooedGirl April 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Update: drank 1 tablet at 8:30pm with lots of water and went to bed. Woke up with severe cramps at 3:30am followed by a BM. Had some serious cramps for about 5 more hours. Had 1 liquid BM. Then I took buscopan because the pain is no longer tolerable. After an hour, no more cramps. I can eat and drink normally again. Very effective but the side effect is very traumatizing."

mijp April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Due to a bacteria which caused traveller diarrhea for like two weeks I had to take very strong antibiotics to get rid of it. Unfortunately, I then couldn't go to the toilet anymore for 4 days. On the 5th day I took one pill at 4pm, woke up at 4am in the morning with really painful stomach cramps, but couldn't go to the toilet. At around 8am the pain was almost unbearable and I felt sick and didn't know if I had to vomit whilst I was sitting on the toilet. Worked eventually but only 16 hours later with a lot of pain in the hours beforehand. It does its job but you have to accept the pain which comes with it."

Traveller1989 April 18, 2017