User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Alophen, Bisa-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Bisco-Lax, Bisolax, Carter's Little Pills, Colax, Correctol, Doxidan Tablet, Ducodyl, Dulcogen, Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, Evac-U-Gen, Ex-lax Ultra, Feen-A-Mint, Fematrol, Fleet Bisacodyl, Gen Lax, Gentlax Tablet, Gentle Laxative, Laxative Gentle Suppositories, Magic Bullet, Modane, Veracolate …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Bisacodyl.

Bowel Preparation
5.8

Constipation
5.7

Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 5.8 777 reviews

Reviews for Bisacodyl

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "The reviews are scary honestly but you just need to drink a lot of water with this medication. I took 2 pills last night around 8:30 pm. I drank 16 oz of water with the pills (recommended 8oz per dose ) Had a bowel motion around 9:30/10 - which was surprising because I’d been irregular for a few days now. I woke up to a little stomach pain around 5:30am and was on the toilet for about 30 minutes with bad pain and diarrhea (to be expected but not horrible) And only woke up an hour later with some more and then I’d been fine the rest of the day. I am now constipated again though, and will not be taking another dose tonight just in case of something else wrong with my stomach."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Hadn’t had a proper bowel movement in 5 days. Went to the toilet Thursday night (1 on the Bristol stool chart) just two pieces following blood when wiping. Took 1 dulcolax tablet Friday at 5pm and only got cramps for about 1-2 minutes at 9pm that night which were severe. Got no bowel movement from it. It’s Sunday now and I took a tablet at 6 and hoping it’ll work."

Louise5471 January 14, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Took 1 pill at 6:00 pm for constipation and from feeling bloated after not going #2 for a few days, and felt fine until about 9:30 pm. Around 10:00 pm I started getting cramps. I’ve taken this pill a few times prior to this & never had an issue. But my cramps were so bad I was curled up in a ball. Finally I couldn’t take the pain anymore & I sat on the toilet and kinda pushed myself to go. Finally it worked. Even though the pill is effective and gets the job done, I sometimes ask myself if the cramping is even worth it. HORRIBLE pain ! But after I went to the bathroom the first time, the cramping went away. Now I’ve been going every few hours ."

Anonymous January 14, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Best ever solution to bad constipation. Hadn't had a movement in 8 days and tried all kinds of preparations. MiraLax, MoM, stool softeners, suppositories, enemas, Senna, ExLax, Magnesium Citrate etc. could not get me moving. A friend suggested I take 4 Dulcolax and sleep on it and Wow did it ever clean me out. Worked great."

The Dudeman January 13, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Took 2 of these and woke up a few hours later with horrendous cramps. I clung to my bed, it felt like my intestines were being tied and ripped out. Cramps came in waves, like a perverse rollercoaster. I crawled to the bathroom, only to faint off the toilet, vomit, faint again and then was unable to get up off the floor. Luckily my boyfriend was there to keep an eye on me and get me a blanket etc. I slept on the floor for a while, cramps eventually eased and I was able to go back to bed. But to add insult to injury, NO pooping! The damn stuff didn’t even do what it was supposed to!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "This stuff is amazing I don’t know what pain and nausea these other reviews had. I have diverticuli and this stuff helps with constipation it works quick and I also suffer from hemorrhoids and it help them heal faster by helping me with the constipation . I can say you will feel discomfort and have a few trips to the washroom to clear everything out I felt great afterwards and huge relief I would recommend this to anyone with constipation and hemorrhoids and who have diverticuli as well if you are a new mom and constipated with hemorrhoids this will help ladies ."

Virgo911 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I took two at 8pm (was supposed to take 4 but didn’t because I was already feeling the effects of the Miralax prep). I’m so glad I only took two because I’d probably be passed out with 4. I woke at 4am with intense gurgling, burning, and nausea. I thought I was having a panic attack and maybe I was having one because I was still not prepared for how this medication would work. I’ve had pressurized watery stool 4-5x in the last hour and I don’t have a clue where it’s even coming from, all the while my stomach was burning like it was going to melt. This isn’t gentle. I plan on letting my gastroenterologist know that I’m too sensitive for this medication. It worked but at quite the cost to my mental health."

LReneeF January 8, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Do not purchase this awful product to aid with constipation. Generally, I have a high pain threshold and with general laxatives I'm fine. But this is horrific. I took two tabs at 7pm and by 3.30am my upper stomach was burning like it was on fire, my lower belly was cramping severely to a point I thought I'd need to call in sick. Miraculously, it cleared out my system after thee visits to the bathroom. I'm currently at work with a dodgy stomach, but will throw the whole pack when I get home. It's awful!"

Genie121 January 5, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took 2 about 4 hours ago and I’m currently on the toilet feeling like I’m in labor. I went to the emergency room today and got told to use this. I wish I still had those pains this morning rather than this. I feel like I’m about to throw up and I can’t get off the toilet"

NEVER TAKE THIS MEDICINE (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2018

For Constipation: "I have taken 1 every night for the last 2 years, also take docusate and Laxido sachets every evening and only have very mild stomach cramps just before I need to empty my bowels afterwards no cramps. I take them around 6pm and normally go to loo before bed ( I have taken them later but end up on loo during the night ) I find if I take 2 then I am on the loo constantly. I have been told I will need them for the foreseeable future or until more surgery is needed. It’s a lot better than having to go to the E R for enemas."

Anonymous70 January 2, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Unless you really enjoy severe stomach pains to the point where you can't even stand it please do not ever take this laxative. Honestly thought I was going to die. I went 9 days without a bowel movement and I took 2 pills last night and I woke up this morning and had a bowel movement, but it took me about 3 hours of excruciating pain to push it out. It's now over 12 hours after my BM and I'm still in pain. Not as much pain but it's still pretty bad. I will never take dolcalax again. Worst experience if my life"

Kief January 2, 2018

For Constipation: "I’m writing to warn people about this drug- do not take it. Take Miramax instead!! If you must take Ducolax, start with only 1 pill. I got violently sick (severe cramps and vomiting) after taking 3 tablets at once. It was like having bad food poisoning, but with way worse cramps. That was a week ago and I’m still getting cramps intermittently. Stay away!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "My, oh my, what have I done. I took 2 of these things for painful constipation. Woke up giving childbirth to liquid poo. THE PAIN IS SO BAD. I had to take a zofran for the nausea because I was nearly puking. The best part is that it's been about 14 hours since I took the suckers and I'm still nauseated/ running to my toilet throne. And I got the pink version for "SENSITIVE STOMACHS." I'm only 18 I don't wanna die today. In conclusion if you love your life and your toilet consider an alternative option..... even though it DID get the job done..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took two ,5 mg tablets. I woke up so weak, nauseous, cramping ,and could hardly breathe ( probably due to the fact that I was in so much pain) I passed out getting up from the toilet, I'll never recommend this to anyone. "

Lucylu12+_+$8$ December 30, 2017

For Constipation: "I took this medicine at 11pm and then I woke up at 2 am with severe cramps. But luckily it made me go to bathroom. Its been 24hrs now and I still have cramps on and off. I will definitely not use this product ever again in my life. I'd like to know why it says for woman with sensitive stomach when it is so strong?"

Su.sidhu December 27, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I agree and disagree with most people writing reviews. I’m on a cruise and because I was in a new environment and I wasn’t really getting my daily nutrition I hadn’t pooped in like 3-4 days. I felt awful and bloated so I took ONE of these pills. I have been well hydrated all day and aside from fairly intense stomach cramping (and diarrhea, but that’s expected) it worked great. I am also nauseous but I am on a ship, so that is a factor. The issue with a lot of people here is that they’re not hydrated and they’re taking multiple pills at once. I like to think that with new pills, you take one, and if after 6-ish hours nothing happens, you take another. Take this 6-ish hours before you know you can be on a toilet. Other than that it’s great!"

personwhoshallnotbenamed (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took two pills before bed last night and woke at 3 am feeling really sick. Got the dry heaves but has not relieved any constipation for me. Now I just feel like I have the flu (feel like vomiting, tired, dizzy) way worse than I did with just constipation."

Tejee December 23, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I've experienced constipation for 4 years, I could've skipped 3 day without bowel movement at all, but I peed a lot, I drunk a lot of water every single day for about 7.5 litres. While ate fibers didn't help me, I found out 3 month ago that my last (probably, hope not) chance would be dulcolax bisacodyl 5mg. I passed 9 days no bowel movement, and took one pill at 8 am, I go to the toilet at 3 p.m. All I could say I don't experience any major side effect, no vomiting, no headache, just moderate cramping on my stomach, a little bit hurt but not really bad at all. But I'm not really satisfied with the relieve this drug gave, for 9 days without bowel movement, I only went to the toilet once today with yellow color uniformed stool."

Josh Bernard (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2017

For Constipation: "Ok, so I have severe chronic constipation from several medications and I need something strong. The part where they have this labeled as "gentle" or "women's" delicate pink colored tablets is just pure insanity. I seriously have to plan a day off when I am going to have a bowel movement for how harsh this is. You feel nothing while you watch tv, sleep, etc, you wake up feeling good and then OH. MY. GOD. It starts...severe cramping, flushing, weakness, and dizziness that will leave you contemplating if you've been drugged. You cramp and try to remember your Lamaze breathing writhing in pain every time thinking no way this could be right..maybe I should call an ambulance, then you finally go. I had 2 children and the pain is comparable."

Deathplease (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2017

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took this pill on Thursday when I came home from work. This is the worse experience I've ever had with this pill. When I initially started taking it, I also took it with a swig of Milk of Magnesia. Yea, I had cramps or whatever but NEVER this long. So it was maybe 7 or so when I took this pill on Thursday. It did take time for it to work as told on the package. I had a little discomfort & everything but it worked. But then Saturday night comes (now) & I've been experiencing this severe pain off and on since about 6pm. I've been to the bathroom several times and also felt like I have to throw up but I haven't yet. I just so happened to look up the reviews & it led me to this website. Currently debating on going to the E.R."

Anonymous December 17, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Took before bed after 3 days with no substantial poo, at 4:30 am I awoke with a painful stomach and urge to poo. It certainly did the job clearing up my constipation but also made me feel like absolute rubbish the following day. Queasy stomach for hours, headache, and that lovely feeling you get when you know you're about to vomit. Had to leave work before lunch because I felt that rough. I've only had 3 days off sick in over 3 years so you know its bad if I'm not working. The moral of the story is to never ever take this stuff. Constipation is far better than this experience."

Markhar December 14, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I have been experiencing constipation for many years. My doctor reccomended Miralax and Ducalax recently. Not reading all of the reviews and hazards I just bought the medicine. I only took 1 tablet for 1 day. More than 2 hours later I was feeling some horrible, horrible cramps and pain in the stomach. Took many trips to the bathroom and the pain wasn’t going away. Worst cramps I’ve ever felt. I don’t recommend this. Please try to stay away"

T K D December 9, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Do NOT take this PLEASE :( I'm going to be totally honest and say I was only mildly constipated, and took 2 tabs, 1-3 being suggested dose. Have taken other laxatives before no problems at all. Oh my GOD. I took it around 9pm, with food, plenty of liquids, & went to bed. Was awake at midnight, 3, 4, 6AM in absolute agony, cramps like I've never felt, severe nausea. Also made me vomit, probably from the cramping / spasms. Yes it had the "desired effect" but no WAY was it worth that level of agony over the 12 hours. Please just see a doc and get something better."

Yikes_omg (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I will never take this again! I took 2 of the Dulcolax Pink intended for women and sensitive stomachs at 8pm. By 4am I had diarrhea and SEVERE cramping, I felt like I was being kicked in the stomach repeatedly. My S/O was about to take me to the hospital but I convinced him to try and let me deep breathe through it. It's now 8am and I'm still in crazy amounts of pain. Sitting on the pot as I write this review, would not recommend."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I experienced constipation and bought this because it said it was so gentle said take one two three. I mistakenly took three thinking that I had a serious situation was going to be gentle. Within 1 hour and 50 minutes I had severe cramps sweating and massive diarrhea that was at 6 last night it started it is 11:40 a.m. the next day and I am still experiencing cramping sweating and complete liquid diarrhea. Needless to say I will not be using this product again however to anyone please only take one maybe two max. I could never take three and make sure you have nowhere to go for like 24 hours"

Regretful December 1, 2017