User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Alophen, Bisa-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Bisco-Lax, Bisolax, Carter's Little Pills, Colax, Correctol, Doxidan Tablet, Ducodyl, Dulcogen, Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, ...show all 27 brand names

Learn more about Bisacodyl.

Constipation 505 reviews 244 medications

5.8
Bowel Preparation 34 reviews 114 medications

5.6
Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 539 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Bisacodyl

For Constipation: "I should give it a 10 rating for effectiveness. I've been feeling sick yesterday and the doc gave me this to release whatever was in me. I took one pill around 4pm. An hour later, cramps, nausea, diarrhea. Until today, thanksgiving. Every drop of water is just shooting out of me again. I had a banana for breakfast but the pain almost killed me. There is no way I get to eat anything of the thanksgiving dinner today. Thanks!! So far I've been running to the toilet every 30 minutes, even at night. Thanks again."

Asoka (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2016

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took this pill about 10 pm and by 2 am I went to the restroom. I had cramping which was normal but I had threw up while I was doing the restroom then I was jittery it even lowered my blood pressure and I wanted the horrible feeling to go away I felt like I was about to pass out!! Won't ever take it again!!"

Maytet05 November 24, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Omg never again. Had bad constipation took two of these had bad cramps really bad diarrhea for 14 hours. Had to take day of work. I'm never sick like this terrible experience don't try it unless u really need to. I was on toilet every 5 ten minutes. Had two hours sleep. Slept in bathroom in the end."

Mrs cheow November 23, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "Without being ashamed of! Right now I'm experiencing All that written i had two pills 5mg at 1:50 am and i woke just right now its 6:10 am to a terrible pain in my stomach it felt like I had a failure in my organs. I can not tell nor explain it to you how much the pains killing me. Right now I'm sitting in the toilet for about 23 minutes, I can not get up - I have nausea and diarrhea ., DON'T TAKE THE PILL under any circumstances"

GCCSarah November 23, 2016

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took one last night, only worked a little, took one more today, hope it works by morning without bad side affects. I used to take 2 laxatives at once but experienced faintness, nausea & severe hot flashes. So I only will one and not repeat dose for at least 12 hours."

Gypsy2 November 16, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I imagine death to be just like this. I had been taking medicine for an inner ear infection which had me constipated for 5 days and I was experiencing pain from the constipation. I didn't realize there was different kinds of laxatives, which is on me for sure! I took 2 pills at 7:30am because that's when I got off work and didn't have work til 4pm that day. They kicked in about 1030am and I was on and off the toilet until I had work. Sweating, burning and watery diarrhea, with cramps 81702037x worse than period cramps. I was okay for a little bit and then at 9pm the pain came back with a vengeance. Still going... cramping, hot and cold & pooping. I started crying I'm in so much pain. NEVER again. I'd rather be constipated!!"

Amber Wyatt November 12, 2016

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "My God, people, how much are you taking? More is not better! For me a half a pill gets the job done nicely and comfortably overnight without duress."

Anne Can November 11, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Hadn't had a bowel movement in 3 days (I usually go once in the morning so this was abnormal for me) and had pain in my stomach. Doctor prescribed Dulcolax. I read the reviews on here and was a bit apprehensive. Nevertheless, I took it as prescribed. One 5mg tablet before bed with a full glass of water. I woke up about 9 hours later with that feeling like I had to go - and I did! This is a good medication, I only experienced some slight cramping after I went. 2 days later and my bowels are back to normal. Thank you Dulcolax!"

diceable (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

For Constipation: "I have a history of chronic constipation and polyps. The chronic constipation comes from my daily use of opiates for severe pain/neuropathy.... I've taken generic bisacodyl many many times with "Lift Off" usually by morning if I took it at bedtime, I've never had anything other than mild discomfort with gas buildup...... but twice (lately) within a couple of months, I've taken 1 5mg bisacodyl tablet at bedtime only to awake with the same God awful symptoms many of you are describing... severe sweating, unbelievable pain as if my insides were exploding and not able to produce a bowel movement------------easily .. it concerns me if I may have another problem with polyps ( I have an appt with my gastro next week) ---"

Need Poopage (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 11, 2016

For Constipation: "I was having a bad constipation and i asked the pharmacist so he advised me to take bisacodyl suppositories. I was scared to use suppositories because i have never used one so i decided to wait until the morning. But i woke up from the pain at 4 am and i decided that it's time to use a suppository. I inserted it the right way and i laid on my stomach for an hour to make sure it doesn't come out. At first it started to burn my rectum and my anus as hell, after 30 mins my stomach started to hurt so bad and i sweated a lot. I had an urge to go to the bathroom but i held it for an hour as instructed. When i went to the bathroom i didn't do anything, there were just farts and some liquids. The burning sensation started to get better after 2 hours but something felt weird for the rest of the day ( I couldn't sit comfortably at work). More than 12 hours passed and i still didn't go to the bathroom. But honestly the constipation pain went away."

Jlkgdfhb (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took one tablet with water and an hour later had the worse pain I have ever had this carried on and I called 999 I later blacked out and woke up to find my bowel had emptied then the ambulance came. I have never had pain like this and now use a fig based natural remedy which is a lot softer"

Helen macain.hcgmail.com (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Oh my god this terrible tablet but it works well you will get squat out everything but be ready for cramp pain for 10 mins"

gioni (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Y'all are trippin. I was freakin out after reading these reviews and I took 3 so I was expecting the worst. I had no cramps, no nausea, no sweating, no problems at all. The only thing that kinda sucked was it took longer than I expected, considering I took 3. I drank 2 bottles of water after I took them because I saw a few people recommended it so that may be why I didn't have problems idk. But the stuff works if you take it with a bunch of water "

yalltrippin (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "bought dulcolax and took it last night, preparing for my colonoscopy tomorrow (today I start liquid diet). I took two before bed because thats the directions my doctor gave me, and the back of the dulcolax box says take 1-3 for adults, so I assumed I was taking a pretty average dose. I took them at 11 pm with a full glass of water and went to sleep completely prepared to get up and work the next day but woke up around 6 am sweating with intense stomach cramping and horrible pain. I threw up twice before almost missing the toilet and practically spraying watery diahrea for 30 minutes, all while shaking, and having horrible pain and nausea, even after vomiting and going to the bathroom. Wish I would have read the reviews first on this drug."

Hailstorm1997 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Took one tablet - like any sensible person trying something new - at night time and woke up needing the toilet. Went. All good. Do not understand the hysterical reviews on here.."

Daisy chain 11 November 6, 2016

For Constipation: "Well, I've been constipated for about a week and a half so I decided to take dulcalax. I've taken it before and it wasn't that bad but this time, I think I would've rather have gotten shot. I took it about 10pm last night and then I went to sleep. I woke up this morning about 5 shaking, sweating, nauseated and I had the worse pain I think I've ever felt. It is now 9:30 and I'm still throwing up so bad I can barely leave the bathroom. I will never take these again!!!"

Sissygirl19999 November 5, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I took one and then several hours later to another. When I woke up I felt really sick in my stomach cramps were excruciating. I ran to the bathroom and got incredibly dizzy and felt horribly sick to the point where I was vomiting. I broke out into a horrible sweat and was laying on the floor literally felt like I was having an allergic reaction to the pill or something other. It was a horrible experience and two days later my stomach still hurts. Great for some people but I was too sensitive for this. I will never take it again. It says gentle relief, it felt more like a beginning stages of labor and I've had four kids so I can say this"

Chris0511 (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took one pill earlier thinking it was a slower release of a pill, woke up after midnight with the worst abdominal pain and nausea. I was needing relief, but was not expecting to be in this much pain."

Make it stop November 3, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I bought Dulcolax after being constipated for a week and googling some good medicine. I took one pill and after I took it, I came to this website and read the reviews. I got really scared! But nothing happened except for being really thirsty (drank around 2L of water). Two days after, I took two tablets. I waited for a while and the cramps started: nothing much, it was painful but it wasn't unberable. 15min after the first cramps I was done. My advice: if you never took it, start with one and see how you feel. And don't get scared by reviews, everyone reacts diffently."

Bonequita October 31, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I was instructed by the office of my colonoscopy/endoscopy doctor to take 2 at noon and then another 2 at 2pm on the day before the procedure. Since the manufacturer only recommended 3 as the daily maximum dosage, I just took one at 2pm. About an hour or so later, I started having severe stomach cramps. The pain was so intense I was soaking in cold sweat and I blacked out! I will never take Dulcolax ever again!"

MPrita October 31, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took this medicine last night and, boy did I regret. Within 3 hrs I began having BM and decided to use the restroom at midnight. After a short period I began feeling nauseated and dizzy. And it got worse the longer I stayed in the restroom. It felt like someone was ripping my intestines. The tummy aches were so excruciating. I felt so hot inside but, my body was cold. My legs felt so weak I couldn't even get up. I also felt so thirsty. After an hour in the restroom, I felt I was dying. I gathered the little strength left and rush to the bedroom to ask my wife to call 911 or drive me to the ER. I kept drinking cold milk and water till we got to the hospital, which was closed. By the time we turned around, I started feeling better"

D Drake October 29, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for : "I had a hemorrhoid and was looking for something to ease the strain so I could give it time to heal. I was pretty desperate and ran across this product. I took 3 pills hoping it would work quickly. After I took the three pills I ran across this site and began to stress out with all the bad reviews. It was to late at this point and I prepared for the bad side effects, although I did take the advice of many here and drank a ton of water the first few hours. At about hour six, eight, and ten, it sent me to the bathroom. I had no side effects at all. No cramps other than nature telling me time to go, and then cramps gone as soon as I used the bathroom. I believe plenty of water is the key"

Needed Relief (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

For Constipation: "Took 2 tablets at 9pm. Rudely awoken at 1am with horrendous nauseating lower abdo cramps. Felt like someone was reaching into me and was tugging on my intestines. After more than an hour of misery, writhing around in bed, the pain became so severe that, not knowing what else to do with myself I staggered to the bathroom to sit on the loo. Pain only got worse, so I curl up into a ball on the bathroom floor. Next thing I know is I'm on my back looking up at the ceiling having passed out. Sweating, shaking and ears ringing I call out to my boyfriend who got me a pillow and blanket and sat with me until I was able to get onto the loo and pass the entire contents of my digestive system. So humiliating. Was it effective? Yes. Worth it? Hell no!"

Bluefloyd (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Took two tablets before bed and was up from 4.30am with the worst stomach cramps. An hour later I passed what I needed to in three sessions. The cramps continued for another hour but they did work well. Will never take two again though."

Lily979 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "Severe cramping and nauseous after I was took 2 pills at 7:50 pm woke up at 3:00 am with stomach burning sensation and throwing up &' after I use the restroom"

Karyy (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2016