User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, Correctol, Laxative Gentle Suppositories, Ducodyl, Bisco-Lax, Alophen, Colax, Magic Bullet, Feen-A-Mint, Gentlax Tablet, Ex-lax Ultra, Doxidan Tablet, Veracolate, Fleet Bisacodyl, Fematrol, Bisa-Lax, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Dulcogen, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisolax, Gen Lax, Gentle Laxative, Carter's Little Pills, Evac-U-Gen …show all brand names

Bowel Preparation 5.6
Constipation 5.4

Reviews for Bisacodyl

Lady May June 9, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “So the dosage says take 1-3 pills for a single daily dose so I took 3 and prayed for the best because I’m going on a beach trip. I’ve literally been either on the floor in my own vomit or curled up in bed with cramps so bad I want to go to the emergency room. This is TERRIBLE. Don’t buy!”

Dontalax · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Don’t us this drug unless you want to pass out on the bathroom floor and be covered in your own poop and vomit. I only took 1 tablet and I might have to go to the ER if it keeps going”

JJ May 17, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “I had to take 4 Dulcolax for colonoscopy prep. 2 hours after taking had severe cramps and vomiting. No bowel movements. I have had colonoscopies before never using Dulcolax and had no problems. Will NEVER use Docolax again!”

Relieved · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I have taken dulcolax for severe constipation twice. I suffer with constipation frequently and have done my whole life. I take movicol but recently the periods between "going" have been getting longer. The first time I took dulcolax I took 1 and it had very little effect. Yesterday it had been almost 2 weeks since I last moved my bowels so I took 2 this morning. 10 hours later I suddenly began to feel very, very ill. Dizzy, extremely nauseated, headache, terrible stomach cramps, cold sweat, the lot. I tried unsuccessfully to move my bowels 3 times, then on the 4th time an unholy amount of poo left my body. I now feel much better. It did exactly what I took it for. Although the journey was unpleasant it was short lived.”

Suus April 12, 2020

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I have a stomach that digests very slow & bowels are the same. It takes me 3x longer to eliminate food then the average person. I take fiber, drink lots of water & have a selective diet as a vegetarian who is supposed to eat 12 small meals a day for digestion. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always work! I take Senokot-S at bedtime but still prone to blockage. I took one Dulcolax suppository. Easy to insert & very quick to act. It was about 5 minutes & I had to run to the washroom. I still had to push a bit from the pain & there was a burning sensation! It went away as soon as I started passing more stool. I still have pain in my left side so I know I’m still full of poop lol. If I don’t have a bowel movement tomorrow I will do a suppository again! Yes it worked & fast but for me once I get impacted I was told I may need to do things twice! On a side note I was told to drink Gator-Aid while unplugging myself due to water & electrolytes being lost.”

Jasmine · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: “DO NOT TAKE DULCOLAX!!! This pill does the job but be prepared for excruciating pain. A week ago I took two pills because I was backed up for 5 days and it was the worst experience of my life! I took this in the night and around 7 am I woke up too terribly bad cramps and this went on for like 30 minutes and I decide to go to the bathroom and thank godddd I did because it came out like a water hose and I almost threw up. And this lasted the entire day! When I finally thought it was over I ate literally just a piece/crumb of bread and I had to run to the bathroom again. I went on my phone to see reviews about this product and I was so disappointed in my self for not reading the comments before I took this. I can not imagine this pill given to a child. please do not give this pill to your child!!”

PA March 22, 2020

Gentle Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “So I hadn't had a BM in about 5 days. I was so bloated and generally felt ill when I ate. I bought these womens "gentle" laxative. Lable stated to take 1-3 I chose 2. About 3 hours later I felt the need to go, cramping and my mouth started watering like I was going to vomit. I made it right in time to the toilet and that was when the action began! I had cramps so bad I was bent over, I had chills and then I knew I was going to vomit. My hubby got a bag to me just in time as I vomited while still pooping my guts out. I vomited about 3 times and continued to be stuck on the toilet about 20 minutes and then suddenly I felt amazing! Still wasn't worth that 20 min of torture in my opinion! Next time still softener for me!!”

Worthers · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 12, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “TIPS: Start with 1 the first time, and never take more than 2. Drink lots of water - if you are not hydrated they will make you feel nauseas. Only take for moderate to severe constipation, if it’s mild you will experience severe cramps. These DO work very well, but follow the above first.”

Anonymous March 3, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “This is absolutely horrendous stuff! I cannot believe they are able to sell this in shops! I took 2 last night as I’ve been constipated for a few days, woke up at 7am with stomach cramps but managed to get back to sleep, I then woke up at 8:30am thinking I was going to puke, I ran to the toilet and it was like an explosion of diarrhea, I then came over in a hot sweat and fainted on the toilet!! Ears ringing, head spinning, dripping in my own sweat. Absolutely awful stuff, avoid!!!”

Hgh · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Do not take this!!! Was recommended to me when I called the nurse after delivering baby because the pain meds they gave me had me severely constipated. Was finally home and healing from all the tearing three days after baby, but no bowel movement and getting desperate. Did one dulcolax suppository and felt like nothing was happening when all of a sudden it started to rock and roll. Talk about contractions! I was convulsing and going into full body curls and spasms. My body took over and I had zero control! Way worse than my delivery just days before and I was severely traumatizing the perenium all over again. Felt like I was ripping everything a second time. I can’t believe this was recommended to me and I can’t believe this is on the market. Lasted hours and I was almost about to call emergency because I thought this was a severe and unexpected reaction, but decided to wait because I couldn’t make it to the phone anyway. It was violent and messy to say the least. Scary stuff.”

Drunk · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I'm an alcoholic so I am prone to constipation from dehydration. On the Bristol Stool chart (that is a chart the doctors use to classify your poo), I’ll often have type 1 stools which are like passing rocks out of your butt and take an eternity while tearing your rectum apart. So I took 4 duclolax pills and over the course of the day, things improved, but I did feel some nausea and I had 4 BMs. So it will definitely make you poop. I normally drink coffee in the morning and then just go every morning once. On Dulcolax, as I wrote, I went 4 times in 1 day, but it did change the stool shape positively. On the Bristol chart I probably ended up at type 3 (normal) by the evening so I generally think it’s a good product if you suffer from pooping rocks like I do. That is the worse feeling in the world and this will fix it, but you will go multiple times in the day. Regarding the other reviews, I think you need to be type 1 constipated for this product to be useful. Otherwise it'll likely cause massive diarrhea.”

Amajon · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “After many trips to the doctor, urgent care and more, I finally discover the wonders of Dulcolax. Every other laxatives would give me excruciating cramping. Well Dulcolax will give you great results. Prepare yourself for a poopy situation literally. It’s like having your own private fireworks show in the privacy of your bathroom. Niagara Falls is small compared to this explosion of internal compost. Definitely a 5 out of 5 stars ⭐️ show.”

PoopyMcPooperson · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Every time I eat Pizza I really get bunged up so this time I took a dulcolax after eating said pizza, which was delicious by the way. 12 hours later lying in bed I did some really stinky trumps and I got a twinge in my lower region which I initially thought was mild period pain... but realised it must be time to poop so I ran as fast as I could to the toilet and as soon as I sat down the whole world fell out of my butt. A mixture between runny and soft poops, the whole toilet bowl is pebble dashed so make sure you have bleach handy. Would definitely recommend, but to those taking 2 or more tablets... what were you thinking!!??”

CJ February 29, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I haven’t had a bowel movement maybe 4 days which is usual for me. I go at least once a day. I took this product at night. I took 3 pills and woke up the next morning in so much pain I read the side effects before taking this but this is very excruciating. I feel sick with cramps and nausea. Hey it did work... it’s not worth it.”

Denni February 27, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I have taken this before and yes I did experienced stomach cramps but they were bearable. Ideally, I think 2 tablets is enough, taken just before you go to bed. They tend to ‘go through me’ at about 5 am and BM can continue for a few hours. Would definitely recommend taking but stick to weekends.”

Poop of hell. · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Omg y’all. This stuff is seriously awful!! I took two pills at 8:30pm. Thank god I didn’t take 3. At 3:30 am, I woke up with terrible nausea and a bubbly stomach. I laid there and tossed and turned for a little bit. I finally got up, went down stairs so I didn’t wake up my family but horror sounds of poop shooting in the toilet. I was sweating, stomach cramped up and I couldn’t tell if I had to poop or throw up or both at the same time. It’s now 7:50am, I still have bad diarrhea. I’ll be canceling some stuff today because I’ll need to be by a bathroom at all times. Lord have mercy. I’ll stick with miralax next time. Read reviews before taking this! I wish I did!!”

Relieved · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Have suffered from impactions for several months. The trick is definitely to drink several pints of water (at least) when taking these tablets. I've had the nausea, vomiting, sweats etc when stool was not cleared or hadn't drank much water at the time of taking these tablets. Do not take them during the day and make sure you keep the day after taking these tablets clear of travel/appointments.”

Butterscotch · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “THE. WORST. MEDICINE. EVER!!! I took ONE small pill... HORRIBLE PAIN in my stomach! I couldn’t move for a whole day, then pain for a WEEK! DON’T TAKE IT!!!”

Dollgrl1 · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “This past Friday night the 21st of Feb I took one ducolax for constipation as per directions on box which said 1-3 may be taken. It was about 9:00 pm when I took it . By about 10 the pain & nausea started and grew steadily worse . By 11 I was in agony sweating profusely so much so my hubby had to peel my pajamas off me they were soaked . Finally yesterday a BM but still cramping today its Sunday and its still painful , the nausea and acid bubbling in my throat , sweating and those cramps that I can feel in front up to the bottom of my ribs so its probably intestines and even my back feels like I was hit with a bat across the ribs same location , under the ribs . Please take care using this product , drink plenty of water . Most of us on these reviews have given you the basic info we felt we needed to call 911 , as women we are strong but this brought me to my knees . I took it only once and it was the lowest amount , just a horrible experience .”

CLY · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “This laxative is positively wretched. I took 2 pills around 8am this morning due to feeling icky after only a few small BMs over the last 10ish days. Three bottles of water/2.5 hours later & I already have an excruciating headache, nausea, chills, cramps & increasing lower back pain. I decided to check online when my hands & face stared to tingle. This is truly a gnarly experience. I have taken laxatives a handful of times in my adult life. I wouldn’t describe any of those times as “pleasant” but, never have I felt so awful that I sat in my bathroom floor shivering & reading poop reviews to make sure I’m not going to die. The Dulcolax will be going straight to the outside garage bin as soon as I am able to walk. I’d honestly rather be constipated.”

Shacee · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!! You have to be very well hydrated with this laxative, otherwise you will experience severe cramping, nausea, vomiting. My very first time taking it, maybe 4 years ago, I thought I would finish my lift in my bathroom. This time I read reviews and I hydrated with fruit and water all day before taking it at 6:30pm. Because I hadn’t gone in almost 7 days it didn’t kick in until 4:30pm the next day. I still had some cramping, but not nearly as painful as my first experience.”

Pauley · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “Plz don't take this awful stuff and plz don't give to kids...I took 3 pills to go to the bathroom after having a stomach virus and not being able to poop, everything came out like water and I can still feel that I need to poop. It's been five days and my stomach hurts so bad worse than being in labor. This awful of a pill made me 10×s worst...oh and it also gave me a bad UTI....plz don't take!!!!”

J February 13, 2020

For Bowel Preparation: “Don't let the bad reviews scare you for me It isn't that bad!!! Before taking them I wanted to see how quick they would take to work and once I read the reviews I was absolutely terrified to take them expecting the worst pain in my life. I took 2 tablets at 8.00pm Tuesday night, I had a mild pain in my stomach along with belching and rumbling noises. I woke up at 7am on Wednesday expecting to be in pain and be running to the toilet... nothing. I went to work and carried on my day. All day I was expecting it to kick in, but still nothing. I got really fed up that nothing was working so I took two more at 5pm and 1 more at 9:30pm. Before I fell asleep I had stomach pain however it was manageable, I drank lots of water and used a hot water bottle on my stomach. Thursday morning (today) I woke up and FINALLY they worked, small BM around 3-4 times within an hour, no pain whatsoever. I am not sure if theres more to come as everyone else on the reviews said that it lasts for a while.”

Dulcolax123 February 12, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I had been struggling with constipation for weeks, having around 1 BM each week, 2 if I was lucky. My mum was the one that suggested I try something over the counter, so I tried Dulcolax. I’d never taken it before so I started with just 1 tablet, I took this at around 10.30pm and went to bed. I woke up a few times in the night with gas but no pain or cramps. I got up for work at 7am worried that nothing had happened yet, so I started googling the reviews. Some of your reviews are terrifying! 10 minutes into reading I could feel a bowel movement coming on, so I prepared for the worst. However I’m pleasantly surprised, I have now had my first BM. It wasn’t diarrhoea but very soft. No cramps or pain. I had drunk about 750ml of water before going to bed so I’m starting to think that this helped! Hydrate while taking this tablet ladies and if you haven’t taken it before just begin with 1, I’m so glad I didn’t take 2/3.”

Mama of 3 · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2020

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: “I took ONE! ONE damn tiny dulcolax pill and I felt like I was doomed! It was worse than labor by far! I was drenched with sweat, excruciating cramps and pressure and pains so bad I couldn’t move. It definitely worked but in the most torturous way and I will NEVER EVER take it again! I couldn’t do anything all day besides sit on toilet or curled up in a ball on my bed..... DON'T TAKE IT! It says “gentle” relief and that’s rubbish!”