User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Alophen, Bisa-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Bisco-Lax, Bisolax, Carter's Little Pills, Colax, Correctol, Doxidan Tablet, Ducodyl, Dulcogen, Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, Evac-U-Gen, Ex-lax Ultra, Feen-A-Mint, Fematrol, Fleet Bisacodyl, Gen Lax, Gentlax Tablet, Gentle Laxative, Laxative Gentle Suppositories, Magic Bullet, Modane, Veracolate …show all brand names

Bowel Preparation
5.9

Constipation
5.6

Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 5.6 858 reviews

Reviews for Bisacodyl

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I have bowel issues and have taken miralax on occasion with some relief but decided to try Dulcolax today... The pain is unbearable. Cramps and nausea should be stated on the box as it main effects with constipation Relief as a 3rd derivative side effect. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys cramps and wants to be up all night throwing up. I’ve been searching far and wide for a solution for the painful cramps... but can’t find any because almost every review just talks about dying or comparing the feeling to childbirth. Thank you Dulcolax I will no longer be having children because I cannot comprehend bearing this pain again."

26 year old girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "First took Dulcolax as a bowel prep in conjunction with Miralax. They found diverticulitis and a 2cm cancerous polyp. Small bowel resection performed. That bowel prep combo was brutal (pretreat area with desitine) so I'm more concerned with bowel movements and pressure being regular now. 2 dulcolax isn't the right dosage for me. If you are generally regular and you are a couple days over due here's my advice. Take ONE tablet early saturday morning with about 20 ounces of water. Within 2-5 hours you'll notice the cramping and you should have a bowel movement sometime Saturday afternoon to night. If you take it at night it will wake you up and you will have some residual effects the next day. So I never take when I have to work the next day. Taking 2 is too much and the movement becomes watery for 12 hours with an uncomfortable feeling the second day all day. Medication acts differently on everyone so adjust your dosage afterward trying just 1."

Cerryberry August 12, 2018

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "If I could would rate this product it would be -100. Took this product for the relief of mild constipation. I am otherwise very healthy (although maybe not now). Took 1 tablet before bed, 3 hours later I was in horrible, gut wrenching pain, with fever sweat, hard time breathing and literally thought I might die and I am not prone to drama. I thought I would end up in the hospital but after an hour in extreme pain I received a little relief from throwing up (dry heaves) for 20 minutes. It was another hour of lesser but more pain before falling exhausted to sleep. The next day I still had residual nausea for 12 hours. The FDA should ban this laxative from the market as after the fact, I have read many similar if not exact experiences from other victims."

Gig (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Please please do not use this medicine if you do not want to feel miserable for at least 24 hours. This was literally the worst pain I have ever felt (akin to childbirth). I took it around 10:30am because I was taking a sick day. By 1pm I was hunched over with sweat and chills and severe severe cramping. I threw up twice and kept feeling like I had to “go” but nothing would come out until hour 13. By then I was exhausted and woke up the next day still in a complete fog and feeling sick. Please do not take this medicine."

Trinity (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "My boyfriend is 27 and he is getting a colonoscopy done tomorrow afternoon. He had to take two dulcolax at noon today and instantly fell asleep. Then at 6pm, he had to drink about eight 8oz glasses of a powdered solution called Golytely that was mixed with water and refrigerated. About three hours into the dulcolax alone (about 3:15) he said he was cramping, nothing major though. After drinking all 8 glasses of the added solution, he started getting cold sweats (he was freezing in our 80 degree room!), having muscle spasms in the left side of his neck and left shoulder but claimed to no longer have cramps. Not sure which medication it was that could have caused that. I looked up the side effects to both and neither of them said anything like what he is experiencing now. From what I see on here, the cold sweats seem to be from the dulcolax. Not sure if it caused the muscle spasms or if that was just coincidental from falling asleep so quick and possibly sleeping in an odd position."

InsertNameHere August 7, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "WHAT !!! I used the Dulcolax pink GENTLE FOR SENSITIVE STOMACHS. It says it gives you a bowel motion (BM) in 6-12 hrs. Well at hour 3 I had the worst abdominal pain which lasted for an hour straight. It was so bad I felt like I was going to pass out and also was covered in a cold sweat. Had a decent BM but when I woke up this morning my stomach felt sore like someone punched me and had a terrible dry mouth. This was only after TWO TABLETS. I threw this stuff straight away in the garbage. I would rather be constipated. Shame on the company for saying gentle unless gentle as a root canal!!!"

Chops (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "This tablet does do the job. I had to take this as other medication I take makes me constipated. I took 2 pills at 11pm and by 9am I had a bowel movement and more. However the pain and I mean pain! Lasted all day. It was similar to labour pains and lots of gas and hard tummy the next day. Senna is much more gentle but if you have next day plans don’t take this tablet"

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "This stuff is a nightmare! I took 2 tabs @ around 4:15pm yesterday and by 5:30pm yesterday I was sick profusely, vomiting, watery diarrhea, stomach pain about as bad as giving birth. I was shakey and sweating so bad I stripped down to my bra and panties finally after I was able to get away from the toilet but not away from the garbage can. I fell asleep for a couple hours and when I woke I was so weak and in a foggy state of mind. I will NEVER use this product again nor will I recommend it and I suggest to anyone reading this DO NOT USE IT oh btw it's 6:30 pm the next evening and I still do not feel I'm quite myself yet..... You've been warned hopefully prior to taking this stuff........"

Terrysgirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Gentle Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took 3 pills of the womans gentle laxative and I am having the worst stomach pain and feeling like I'm going to vomit at the same time. It comes and goes and I am hoping this won't last all day."

Shel (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "In my pregnancy I’ve experienced some constipation. I’ve used Dulcolax 3 times. The first time I took 2 and I didn’t have any negative side effects and was able to release within 4 hours. The second time I only took 1 and was awoken from sleep 3 hours after taking it with severe cramps which lasted on and off for an hour. Was so painful I was sweating and shaking. I was worried about taking it again but I did take it one last time and this time it took effect 8 hours after taking it and I took 1 pill again. I had the same terrible effects; shaking , cramping and sweating. I had to lay on the floor it was very severe. I threw away the rest of the pills and am going to try something else that’s not a stimulant."

Userbeware August 3, 2018

For Constipation: "Bisacodyl (Dulcolax) is the only laxative that treats my sluggish bowel. I use it when all other laxative for constipation fail. It does what it says on the tin. Having said this, perhaps because I have reduced bowel motility I have dodged all of the bad side affects reported by other user's who have normal motility of the bowel but have occasional constipation. My experience with the laxative is positive, though I have vague cramps if I'm badly constipated. After using it I feel wonderful !"

Scott (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "After experiencing a crazy amount of lower abdomen pain went in to the doctor he gave me a request for X-ray and X-ray showed lots of stool. I took 1 pill of Dulcolax for women at 6 pm, starting working (by working I mean stomach cramps, nausea, sweats) about two hours after I took it..spent the majority of the night in the bathroom just to have one BM and now the morning after my guts are still rolling"

Cvanddonna July 27, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Dulcolax is the most horrible laxative to have ever been created. The first time I took Dulcolax was 3 years back in Amsterdam and it instantly cleared my bowel and there was no stomach cramps. I bought Dulcolax in India and took one last night. I slept around 12am and woke up with excruciating stomach cramps at 5am. The cramps come and go but they are severe. Now it’s 6.30 am and I’m still in the toilet hoping my cramps end. But to no avail ! Hopefully I can make it to my meeting at 10.30am. I personally think that they possibly may have changed the ingredients of the medicine. It must be taken of the shelf. The pain is unbearable."

MS (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I was constipated for about 4 days. I took 3 tablets around 8 pm. I didn’t woke up at 7 the next day. I went to use the bathroom and was still constipated but this time with excruciating stomach pains. I went to lay down and drink a lot of water to try and “flush” me out. I laid there for about and hour and a half still with horrible stomach pains. This medication is terrible. It did eventually flush me out but it’s not worth the pain. If I could rate it a 0 I would."

Madd7150 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Constipation: "I haven't had a good bowel motion (bm) in about 2 weeks. Finally I got fed up and bought a box of bisacodyl 5mg tabs, not wanting to deal with the taste of mag citrate. Took 3 tabs last night at 8:30 pm. It is now past 11 in the morning, and all it has accomplished is making me feel nauseated and bloated. The cramps aren't all that bad, but to be honest I would prefer awful cramps and being able to finally go, over nausea, bloating, and mild cramps and no bm. I downed about four 16oz bottles of water last night after taking the medication so that's not the issue. I drank lots of coffee this morning, and nothing. If it works I'll come back and review again but seriously, from now on I'll stick to mag citrate. It may taste awful but I always get a bm within 3 hours. Always. I'll probably toss the tabs in the trash. Not worth it."

Jess July 23, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "My dad was prescribed this he was told to take 3 straight away around 6pm , he collapsed at 10.30pm with pain and had an explosive bowel movement he was 75 and took into the hospital because he got so bad, they was keeping him hydrated , at 12pm the next day he was still really bad they transferred him onto high dependancy by 4pm he had sadly died from his bowel dying. Do Not Take This Medication"

Smidgesgirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Omg, I will never take this drug again. Like the other people here who stated it caused nausea, stomach cramping, and so on, yep I had the same side effects as well. I took one yesterday around 4pm and it kicked in about an hour later. Today it's 10am and I am still getting the abdominal pain occasionally. Yes, it definitely does the job but the side effects are downright horrible! I had the chills, worst stomach/back pain ever, nausea, fatigue, and generally overall feeling like crap. Thank goodness I didn't have to work today. If you have a sensitive stomach do not take this!"

Moe (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I recommend it. Yes, a lot of other people say the cramping is bad but to be honest when I am constipated, the heavy feeling and bloating pain I have, the nausea, the chest pains I have are nothing comparable to the cramps I get when taking ducolax. I have been taking ducolax for about a year now, 4 times out of five it will work! The intensity of cramps it causes (for me) depends on how long I have been constipated...so overrall, yes it can cause some bad cramping but in the end it is a big relief. (Also just want to point out that different people can tolerate different amounts of pain...pain can be different for everyone) Hope everything works out..but of course always speak to a doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure"

Xaloclud (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Well I’ve had really bad painful constipation for days now, I was able to go a little, but I hate to admit I mostly pushed.(which I know your not supposed to do, but I was desperate!) anyway. I got my fiancé to go get my the Dulcolax pink. Took it in the afternoon and nothing happened, figured it wouldn’t work. I read all the reviews and was horrified, thought I was going to die with these terrible cramps that people said would come my way. Woke up a couple times through the night with light cramps but nothing. Got up at 8:30am because holy moly, I gotta poop, cramps were there and wow! Helped me out so much like you wouldn’t believe, yes my stomach is sore and I’m nauseous, but the cramps really aren’t bad at all. This drug is different for everyone but I do recommend it. Drink lots and lots of water after taking it!!! I saw a review saying you won’t get the bad cramps if you drink like 10 glasses of water so I did and I’m fine! :)"

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "this is the worst pain I've felt it’s not like regular cramps it kind of works but I’m not sure the severe pain is worth trying it"

C (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I honestly didn't have such a bad experience as many other on here. I took 3 because I'm 5'8" 190lbs. and about 6 hours later I started getting cramping. I immediately searched up reviews and I saw all these horrific reviews and I thought I was done for. The cramping did get pretty bad but only lasted about 10 minutes. I went to the bathroom after and haven't had any more cramping or bowel movements since. I gave a 6 because the cramping can hurt really bad but for me it was very short."

Anonymous July 3, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "The box claims GENTLE. The box is full of lies. Taking one does not bother me, save for a bit of nausea; but help me if I take more than that. Unknowing, I took 2 and woke up at 3-something-AM doubled over in agony. Not pain, AGONY. In fact, I am having what I am to believe as constipation cramps, and I do not know which I would rather deal with... the stabbing, dull throb right now, or the "oh take me now" pain. "

kek (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I just took two tablets about 5 mins ago. I wish I had read these before taking them lol. Apparently I’m in for a world of pain. Hoping I don’t poo the bed. It’s 5:43 pm. I’m assuming I’m going to be up around 11pm sweating and cramping."

Fittens June 28, 2018

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I am usually a clean eater, this week I decided to eat junk food. BIG MISTAKE ! Leaving me feeling horrible. My stomach felt like I hadn’t used the bathroom in weeks. I instantly think cleanse and detox but first I needed a laxative of some sort. And my mother recommended Correctol (I’m 26 btw). She told me to take one at bed time and wait until the next morning which I did. An hour after waking up I started needing to using the bathroom. I went back and forth for about an hour, and now I feel fine. I highly recommend having something to hydrate you after taking his medicine (i.e vitamin water, pedialyte, or coconut water)."

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "This drug causes INTENSE stomach pain and cramping. I even feel nauseous. I will not take it again."

Ally (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018