User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, Correctol, Bisac-Evac, Bisolax, Modane, Colax, Doxidan Tablet, Fleet Bisacodyl, Ducodyl, Bisa-Lax, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Alophen, Gentle Laxative, Laxative Gentle Suppositories, Magic Bullet, Feen-A-Mint, Gentlax Tablet, Ex-lax Ultra, Veracolate, Fematrol, Dulcogen, Bisco-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Gen Lax, Carter's Little Pills, Evac-U-Gen …show all brand names

Bowel Preparation
5.7

Constipation
5.4

Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 5.5 999 reviews

Reviews for Bisacodyl

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Wow I thought my insides were being ripped inside out! I’m so pleased I found these reviews the agonising stomach ache frightened me to death. These tablets do the job 1000x over but my goodness they aren’t worth the painful painful stomach aches. One of the most painful experiences of my life ! I can imagine this is what childbirth is like and it has put me off for the rest of my life!"

Belle21 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I had been constipated for ~4 days, so I went to the store & bought Dulcolax. AFTER taking 2 pills at 8pm, I read the horrendous reviews and freaked out. I stayed up all night to make sure I wouldn’t have to go to urgent care. I ended up falling asleep, and woke up the next morning. Nothing. I went about my morning and had a couple BMs. No pain. No nausea. No cramps. Ate lunch. No problems. More BMs. Felt great. Overall, great experience. No side effects whatsoever."

Mads June 23, 2019

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I am still recovering from the worst evening and night of my life. I took 3 Dulcolax pills yesterday afternoon. I had some results by evening but the cramping got worse and worse. They would come in waves and increase in intensity like a contraction. I began to throw up and that continued, as did the excruciating pain all night. Between 4 and 6 a.m. I had diarrhea and enough relief that I could sleep for a couple of hours. Today I still have some diarrhea, bad headache ,as I try to rehydrate. I was drenched in sweat during the night and thought I might die. This is not gentle. There should be warnings on the box. Never again!!"

Rome (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Horrible experience. Travelling through the states and picked this up assuming it'll be gentle and easy. It completely floored me and I have spent the day in my hotel room. I obviously don't mind the pooping part (a lot came out!!) but I have also vomited three times and have had the most unbearable pains. I cried and had to take my clothes off as I was sweating but also cold.... it was strange. Not worth the agony - the pain was far too extreme for what it did. I just wanted to poop before dinner! I didn't think I'd have to wince in pain and cry my eyes out for the privilege! I also had to clean up puke from the bathtub (gross!!) because I had to lean over in emergency. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH TODAY THAT I JUST FEEL VIOLATED - a humbling experience to say the least..."

poopedout (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "It doesn’t feel great when it works but IT IS a laxative. Realistically I didn’t expect for it to be a smooth and cramp free experience. I can say that it worked for me. I have IBS and I’m often plagued by constipation. I take two of them once a week at night before bed and it clears me out. I feel so much better and lighter and it has actually helped regulate me. I don’t think I even need them anymore but maybe once a month from now on. It also helps get rid of that extra water retention."

Rosie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Horrible awful pain from 5 days of constipation and 2 unsuccessful enemas later I decided to go to our local DG as I had a coupon for this. Truly the absolute worst stomach pains I could EVER imagine came on 6.5hrs after taking 2 pills...I've had to prepare for a colonoscopy before and that was a cake walk compared to using Dulcolax!! I honestly cannot believe this product is actually okay for children age 6-12!!!! I will NEVER use this again. Thank God I see my doctor next week."

Msmccallister (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I don’t know what everyone is complaining about on here that Ducolax doesn’t work. I’ve been taking it since I was 13 years old and are now 33. Instead of complaining about the pain and telling others not to take it, make sure your weight and age match with what your taking. I had food poisoning on Sunday and have been blocked up until today. I took 3 ducolax at 6pm tonight and now passing on to 815om have already used the bathroom twice with no pain after and feel a whole lot better. Sure, there might be better laxative medications, but with enough water and eating a meal after taking this pills with a lot of fiber, going to the bathroom has never been so easy!"

JFanda (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Wow. It certainly does what it says on the tin. Had to buy this medication on my holiday, I took 2 x 5mg tablets before bed. Big mistake. I woke at 4.20am and my poop was like hot lava runs until 5.10am without an end in sight. I was actually woke with the most extreme stomach cramps and nausea that I’ve ever experienced, I don’t think I have ever felt as ill due to those tablets. They done what they said though, I am no longer constipated and I’m about 10 stone lighter. It’s now 11.20am and even a few sips of water is running straight through me. I’m still experiencing extreme runs of skitter but at least the cramps have stopped and at least I’m not constipated anymore."

10StoneLighter (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I took this medication for colonoscopy prep, it's currently Monday evening and my colonoscopy is on Wednesday morning. I took 2 pills as prescribed by my doctor at 1pm with copious amounts of fluids. At 2pm I had a small BM, at 3pm I had severe cramps and what can only be described as explosive diarrhea, at 4pm there was nothing but liquid. It's now 6pm and all that is left is stomach acid and unbelieve crampsl. I haven't even started on the drink yet. Worst part, I have to do this again tomorrow. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE."

Dgfsrgc (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Everyone writing these reviews are full of crap. No pun intended. I hadn’t pooped in week and was sick of it so I ran to store in the middle of the workday and bought these. I took one at 12:30pm. Then I made the fatal mistake of reading the reviews. After reading 27 pages about explosive diarrhea, vomiting, and ER visits, I started freaking out. I was at the mercy of this tiny orange pill that I had already taken!. I left work and cancelled my happy hour plans with friends. I rushed home in a state of crippling fear. 6 hours past, then 8 hours, then 12 hours and nothing. Literally nothing. I went to bed, certain I would wake up in agony. I didn’t. I woke up at 11am feeling fine. A full 36 hours later, I pooped a little. Literally don’t listen to these reviews. I don’t know what is going on with some of your bodies, but your terror literally ruined my weekend. Also Dulcolax, your pills suck and barely helped me at all. "

Anonymous June 16, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took 4 of these last week, nothing happened so took 5 on Friday night (now Sunday) again nothing has happened, should I be worried"

Jayde (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I wish I'd read just one of these reviews before I took the dulcolax. After several days of constipation, I bought this "gentle" drug. It said 1-3 pills, and I took 2 at about 3:30pm. I woke up at 1:30am with burning chest pain in my sternum, extreme nausea, and very painful cramping. The pain compared to gallstones, and at one point, I thought I might be having a heart attack. At about 2:30am, I had my first loose bowel movement. From 3 until 4am, I had violent diarrhea about every 10 minutes. I fell back asleep at around 4:30am, only to wake at 5:45am for another visit to the toilet. Same thing at 7:30am. It is now 12:30pm. I haven't had another bowel movement (and I don't know how there could possibly be anything left). But I still have extreme nausea and can't sleep. I wish I could throw up, but I can't. I feel achy, tired, nauseous and all around awful. I'm throwing away the rest of these pills."

Jennycat (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Had taken dulcolax in past with moderate luck and no side effects... until now. I took it last night because I ran out of miralax which I have to take every night for my IBS-C. As with other reviewers I am in some of the worst pain of my life AND in the past I have been carted off to the ER in an ambulance twice. I am having bowel movements irregularly with increasing pain, even though I am expelling waste. I feel nauseated to the point where I think I might throw up or pass out. I have broken into a feverish sweat and cannot stop shaking. To address other reviewers: yes I drank the water and no it didn’t help; and I have taken at least 3 other laxatives before with no severe pain so the pain is NOT necessary to sit through to have a bowel movement. I say sit, but I have no strength to keep myself in any position but lying on the floor, due to the pain. I will return to my trusted miralax. This medicine is poison and should not be sold to anyone for any reason."

Anonymous June 14, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "This is a laxative medication why take it if you don’t want a bowel clear out ? Explosive is a word people have used that just goes to show how good they are , and how much they were needed to clear the bowels out , pains to be expected says in the leaflet and if more backed up than someone else then it’s understandable for the pains to be worse than the next person. Vomiting, well I can’t remember if it says that in the leaflet , that’s does to your own body recognising a foreign body in your system is is removing it ."

Minnie (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Wow I thought you guys were joking, but man I wish I read the reviews. I have been clogged for like three days and bought this I took around 6pm and around 8 I had a bowel movement and thought it was done. By 1am I was shaking, cold, vomiting everywhere and still fire was spewing from my butt. I’m not constipated anymore or at least it doesn’t feel like it but man oh man I'm just glad I felt better when I woke up this morning"

Ladie (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2019

For Constipation: "OMG!!! I rated this med as a 10 cause it DOES work!! But!!! You will suffer the most excruciating cramps EVER!!! I took one pill at home one day and had to yell for my kids to bring ICE WATER to the restroom because I was about to PASS OUT!!!.. a few weeks later I had to take another.. but this time it kicked in while I was at work!! Same EXACT thing happened.. bad cramps, instant sweating, and lightheadedness I was bout to PASS OUT AGAIN--at WORK!! I yelled for my coworker to bring me a cup of ice water ((I work in an ER)). The good thing is when your finished "going". You shake back REALLY QUICK!"

Geaux (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "One of the worse pains I have ever felt. I was lying on the floor crying in pain due to this medication. I lost all my colour and felt as though I was dying. I am usually okay with pain tolerance but this is unbearable. Do not take."

Daisy778 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2019

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I rated this one so that people who are filtering by lowest rating would see it. This medication does what it's supposed to. It makes you use the bathroom. If you're complaining about the stomach pains, etc, you've obviously never taken a laxative before. It messes with your digestive tract. It stimulates your bowels and forces your body to need to evacuate. So yes, it's not going to feel comfortable. My doctor has me taking this medication the day before my colonoscopy. No, I'm not looking forward to it. But I'll come back and update you with my true experience so that you'll know what to actually expect."

Get Over It (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Same as all other reviews. I was in so much pain after taking one tablet of this, it honestly felt as bad if not worse than childbirth. At least I knew how childbirth would end :-) So I did try taking this again on another day but I bit the tablet in half so just had half the dose. I didn't have any pain the 2nd time around and I did pass a stool. Maybe they should look at lowering the dose."

Lindos79 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Please be very careful when taking this medication dulcolax. I took one pill at 8pm and at 1am woke up out of a dead sleep thinking I had to go. The cramping was so intense that I had to bite down on a towel to keep from screaming. The pain was equal to full labor pains/contractions. I broke out in a cold sweat to the point I could feel it running down my neck and back. You literally feel as though the room is closing in and you are going to faint. I ended up laying on the bathroom floor for two hours. I would doze off for a few minutes and wake up again to the spasms/pain. The next morning I had a small BM. Certainly not worth what I went through the night before. I am due for a colonoscopy this year and I know that taking Dulcolax is part of the prep from the Doctor. And if I am not mistaken you are directed to take two or three pills as part of that prep. There is absolutely no way that I will take this medication again. This medication should not be sold over the counter."

Maggie June 10, 2019

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I am 24 years old & a stage 4 cancer survivor & this medicine was hands down one of my top 5 most painful moments I have EVER experienced. I was constipated due to pain medication. The instructions on the box said to take 1-3 so I took 3 not knowing what I had just got myself into. Also, on the box it said 6-12 hours before you feel symptoms, but also said could work in as quick as 30mins. I was just desperate for the constipation tightness to go away (not knowing in a few hours I'd be on the verge of death) After about 2 hours I woke up out of a dead sleep to the MOST painful tightness in my abdomen & nausea that was worse than my chemo/radiation treatments. I spent the next 6 hours or more on the toilet with the most vile mess coming out of BOTH ends. Since then I have taken other medications that work with my body safely. I refuse to ever feel that sick & that much pain voluntarily EVER again."

Bae June 10, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "So I've been plugged up (constipated) for 3 to 4 days. I decided to go to 711 real quick to see if they had any meds that could help me me clear it. This was all they had so whatever. Got home took 2 pills. 5 hours later stomach started hurting a lil bit. 5 1/2 hrs later went to bathroom managed to have a poo and it hurt pretty dam bad. 6 hours I had the worst aches in MY LIFE!!! I exploded in the toilet and honestly thought I had to go to the doctor it was so bad. I have never experienced anything this bad in my life. DON'T TAKE IT!!!!!"

DONT DO IT!!! (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Dulcolax did the job. But the cramps are unbearable. Took 14 hrs to have the first bowel movement and those 14 hrs were absolute awful, felt like I was going to die."

Lipu (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "To everyone saying “OH IT CAUSED HORRIBLE CRAMPS DON’T USE THIS MEDICINE,” this medicine is actually one of the more gentle constipation medicines. It causes cramping because your system is backed up and the medicine is trying to clean it out. To get rid of or lessen the cramps, drink a lot of water. It helps so much. Or take Midol if you want. This medicine does help. I give it 8/10 because there is always to room for improvement and the cramps are admittedly pretty harsh."

K (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took Ducolax a while back, two pills, minor cramping and the next morning I pooped pretty much all day. Usually does the trick. This time however, I took one little pill over 12 hours ago and nothing! My stomach has been hurting all day and no matter how much I try to poop it just won’t go. Now I am starving but can’t bring myself to eat because of the cramps."

Quail June 8, 2019