User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Alophen, Bisa-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Bisco-Lax, Bisolax, Carter's Little Pills, Colax, Correctol, Doxidan Tablet, Ducodyl, Dulcogen, Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, ...show all 27 brand names

Learn more about Bisacodyl.

Bowel Preparation 39 reviews 114 medications

Constipation 585 reviews 244 medications

5.8
Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 624 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Bisacodyl

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Oh nooo ...just read some of the reviews and after having read what happened to people after I or 2 I'm concerned. I just took 4 as per my gasteoenterologist prescribed them along with drinking 1/2 cup clear fluid every 20 min. I took them an hour ago and have a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow. I also have 2 pouches of pico silax to take in 3 and 6 hours from now (also to clean me out) I'm a little nauseous and have had a partial bm and feel clammy and intestines are noisey. I wasn't constipated though. I hope of isn't as bad as everyone says"

chipsy (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "It gives you terrible pains but helps"

Katie s. (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "What in the hell do they put in this product. It is pure evil!!! I had the same exact experience as everyone else accept I woke up vomiting out the wrong end. The BM still took another 30 minutes to come while I laid on the bathroom floor with horrifying cramps that are far worse than any labor pains I've ever experienced. The cool floor beneath my face felt so incredible that I had no care for the urine my 3 boys had most likely sprayed all over that week while playing miss the toilet. Yet the smell of the urine continued to make me throw up again. Such a vicious cycle. Then as the BM toys with you, you start to feel someone stab daggers into every inch of your intestine and colon while twisting. Hold your breath as it comes or pass out!!"

Dont take March 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I'm on alot of various meds. I normally take my Greens from "It Works" to get 12 servings of fruits and veggies, 32 herbs, vitamins and superfoods. However I have the Worst case of Fibro. So if I'm having a bad flare up for a few days, I only eat once and it's pasta. This combined with all of my meds totally backs me up! I've tried suppositories once and did NOT like it! I've used Dulolax in the past and loved the results that I received. So since I needed some relief so I can get back to normal, I took the 3 pill maximum with a full glass of water. It worked beautifully! I was holding onto 3 lbs of fecal matter! NO cramps with plenty of water! "

Becky Evans March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I write this as I'm sitting on the toilet, mustering the strength in between intestinal contractions, wishing that I had never taken 2 pills hours earlier. The amount of pain and sweat that I had woken up to before I had to run to the bathroom was concerning. The first wave of contractions made me believe that I was going to have to go to the ER, convincing myself that I was on an episode of 1,000 ways to die and that I had drank a bottle of Draino. Once the first big move was "done," the intensity of the pain subsided a bit. Maybe I am just getting used to my insides feel like they are being wrung out like a wet towel, who knows. Nausea in high gear. Solids turned to liquid. Still sitting here 40 minutes later. Hoping I can go back to sleep"

Anonymous March 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "Taking this was THE WORST decision. I took it around 11pm and woke up at 5am with excruciating cramps and severe nausea. I tried to make it to the bathroom but nearly passed out and ended up crying on the floor, completely soaked and dripping in sweat. 12 hours later and I still feel dreadful. NEVER AGAIN."

GH1122334 March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "It says it takes 6-12 hours to kick in but it did not work for me until 17 hours. I huffed and I puffed and I blew that stuff out."

Uzy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for : "The amount of pain you experience when taking Dulcolax makes whether or not it works a completely moot point. I took this as directed and was up in the middle of the night writhing in some of the very worst pain I have ever felt. The type of pain where you think to yourself, "I am going to need to go to the hospital". They are small pills, easy to swallow, but don't let the size fool you. Serious waste of money. Because of the pain it caused, after only one dose the remainder of the box went in the bin. If you don't like pain but need to relieve your bowels, I STRONGLY recommend you find a different product."

kpillary March 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "My son took Miralax for days with no success. He hates suppositories so I gave him 1 Dulcolax pill around 8pm per directions. I happened to look online and saw all these horrific reviews. I had a massive panic attack realizing what my son may be facing! Seriously, I had to take a xanax thinking about the horrible pain he was about to experience because of me carelessly giving him this medicine. He is only 6 and small for his age and adults suffered incredibly from the same dosage he took. I made plans to be ready to take him to the hospital that night if he woke up in agony! Lo and behold, 1 hour later he had a large BM without incident and slept peacefully all night. Fine the next day. Zero pain/side effects. What a relief for us both..."

MamaCro (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "First time I took 2 tablets. Don't take 2 unless you have cleared your schedule. I took them at bed time and woke at 2am with horrible abdominal pains and nausea. Made it to the bathroom but the violence of the diarrhea, along with racing heart and nausea, led me to think I was going to need an ambulance. Overall a terrifying experience, I truly thought I would die on the toilet floor. My bowels have taken five days to return to normal. But it works, proceed with caution. Would be better if I'd read the reviews first and knew what to expect. Nothing gentle happening here."

Backed up (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Do not buy!!! Long story short. Horrible cramps, thought I was dying or felt like I needed to go to the hospital. Horrible nausea. It works, but is sooooo not worth the pain and discomfort."

Bmariebmarie March 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "OMG took 2 pills at 6pm woke up at 2:30am and thought I was dying from the cramps. I spent about an hour rocking back and forth on the toilet and nothing happened for about 45 minutes. But the cramping, faint feeling and nausea were so unbearable I was crying for my mom. I have never had cramping so bad... definitely NOT gentle or subtle, it got the job done but I will never take it again."

Amanda123456 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "It works. Is it painful? Yes, but it works. It is more painful to be backed up like that, than it is to just take a couple hours worth of pain and nausea and get it over with. My opinion."

It works (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Started working for me in about 2 hours. I've had 3 explosive pure liquid bms. First one woke me up as I was pooping. Messed my sheets and me up. I haven't had any severe side effects. Slight cramping and nausea. Worth the payoff for me. I was so constipated and impacted. I feel much better."

Scifigal (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "This tablet deserves a zero! GENTLE ?! In what world was what I just experienced on the toilet GENTLE?! Cold Sweat, uncontrollable burping, stomach cramps, vomiting and of course the liquid coming out the back of me... FOR AN HOUR! It was truly worse than labor and I wanted to die! Do not buy this! Just don't! WALK AWAY!"

Niki75321 March 11, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "It only took 3 hours to start working. I was suddenly hit with what felt like strong sharp searing gas pains in my upper stomach. So much that I was hunched over and howling. I felt sweaty and nauseated. The pain lasted about 30-45 mins. I did have bowel movements as well. It has now been about five hours later and I am still going to the bathroom. Stomach feels very sore and I feel some what exhausted and just run down. I would not recommend this nor take it again for constipation. I am a normal 32 year old female."

ash21love (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I had taken the medication at 10 last night about 8 this morning had severe cramps and nausea and sweaty. And again at 10 had a liquid bowel movement and now at 11 sitting on the toilet I wanted something for relief and this isn't a nice relief more like a killer one to say the least. Would I recommend it ummm sure if you like excruciating cramps and constant nausea and very loose stool."

Tutt tutt. (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I agree that for most it works just fine as it does for me. Why else would a doctor recommend this when he doesn't get anything from it financially? Because in almost all cases, it works and his reputation is based on his recommendations."

S_te_v_e March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I absolutely hate this medication. I had cold sweats, extreme cramping, horrible nausea, vomiting, and nearly blacked out. ALL FROM ONE PILL. I'm a 23 year old woman. An over the counter constipation medication shouldn't do this. I would never recommend this medication to anyone. I honestly don't believe it should be on the market, or at least offered over the counter and readily available to the unsuspecting consumer."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I was desperate for something quick and regret entirely for not reading the reviews first. I took the 2 pills at 4:30pm. By 9:30pm, I felt like I had a possible BM. Sure enough, a soft stool came with no struggling. 20 min later I felt like I couldn't trust a fart if I wanted to. By this time, it was certainly liquidy compared to the previous. I went to bed an hour later, no harm no foul. By 4:30am, I had nausea, cramping, chills and weakness that felt like a severe case of food poisoning. By 7:30am I finally managed to lay down and pass out again. The nausea and chills lasted most of the day. Yes, the pills worked. But not satisfactorily. For how backed up I was, I expected more BM results - preferably without the awful side affects..."

Saralee2017 March 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Constipation: "The box said 1-3 tablets so I played it safe and took 1 at 10:30pm and had a full bowel evacuation at 8:45 am. I had used this product once before with similar success. Seems most of the problems may be a result of taking more than 1 tablet. Also I bought the Equate brand labeled at 5 mg. Disclaimer; I pretty much have a cast iron stomach, nothing seems to bother it. Be careful if your stomach is somewhat queazy and never take more than 1 pill without first seeing how you react to it."

doody43 March 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I tried the lower doses & never worked. Finally I tried the 3 pill dose & it worked. I took 3 pills a few different times thinking maybe it was worse because of something I had eaten before taking the laxative. Nope! They are just horrible. I only gave a 6 because yes, it does work. But the stomach pain is TOO MUCH. I've taken the pills at 6:30am & by 10am I'm in serious pain & running to the bathroom! I have to have a full 24hrs before I leave home because it literally cleans everything out all day. It makes me go 4-8 times in 24hrs. I'm wondering if myself & others may be severely allergic to an ingredient inside the pill? Ask your doctor before use, pls!!"

Netta813 March 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I took one tablet before bed as instructed. I was doing a bowel prep before a specialist ultrasound to assess bowel endometriosis. I woke the next morning feeling fine. Immediately needed the toilet, which was fine. But pretty soon the nausea hit. I ended up going to the toilet at least 5 times that day. The product definitely worked but boy the nausea was no fun - all day, intense waves, and stomach pain also. I would NOT use Dulcolax again"

Lulubee (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "Had a little stomach cramping and nausea just as with any other laxatives I've taken. I'm very satisfied though because it really cleaned me out. Exactly what I wanted!!!. Thank you!!!"

Sharjl4321 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Worked great for me, except I pooped myself and had to change my sheets in the middle of the night."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017