User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Alophen, Bisa-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Bisco-Lax, Bisolax, Carter's Little Pills, Colax, Correctol, Doxidan Tablet, Ducodyl, Dulcogen, Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, Evac-U-Gen, Ex-lax Ultra, Feen-A-Mint, Fematrol, Fleet Bisacodyl, Gen Lax, Gentlax Tablet, Gentle Laxative, Laxative Gentle Suppositories, Magic Bullet, Modane, Veracolate …show all brand names

Bowel Preparation

Constipation
5.6

Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 5.6 890 reviews

Reviews for Bisacodyl

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I get backed up so I tried these at 2am with the intent to be cleared out by the next day. After 30mins in I was slightly dizzy/nauseous. At 8am I thought I was giving birth from my naval. I got up & AS SOON as I was upright my gut seized the wrath of satan. I’ve not had worse stomach pain ever & I once ate 3 McChickens in a row. I sat on the toilet for 20 mins expecting chaos & nada. After another painful 10 mins, I passed LIQUID. It was the temp of the sun. 3 mins like someone turned on the faucet in my bowels. It seemed to help momentarily. As a testament to how momentary that relief was, I’m writing this review from the toilet. I'm thinking I may succumb to the worst case of dysentery known to man. Now to cancel my dinner plans so I can begin writing my last will and testament. TLDR: For gods sake, avoid this like your life depends on it. Because you’ll be making deals with the devil to get off the pot. Trust me. This is sound advice. Do. Not. Do. It."

Regretting All My Life Choices October 4, 2018

For Constipation: "I had surgery this past Friday and have been using Percocet for the pain and it backed me up. I had my mother in law pick up this stuff so I could have a bowel motion. WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I’m prone to having stomach and intestinal pain as I have IBS and just a poor digestive system but wow this stuff takes the cake. My stomach started hurting a few hours after taking the first pill at around 5-6ish but I didn’t think anything of it and took another pill an hour later thinking it was my stomach hurting from being backed up. Nope! It was the pill doing it. My stupid self took another 2 at 9ish! Took forever to have a BM and have been having them off and on all night. It’s currently 4:30 AM and I’m still not feeling well. I had all side effects. Cold sweats, weakness, nausea, and almost passed out on the bathroom floor. You feel like you've been punched in the gut and they’re also squeezing your intestines. I would NOT recommend this at ALL unless you want to experience labor pains."

Alexis October 2, 2018

For Constipation: "Wow, all I can say is avoid, avoid, avoid. The first time I took it.....nothing. The second time I took it, several days later, holy moly, this stuff is awful. I am currently sat on the toilet wishing I could die. I have terrible stomach cramps and am being sick into a bucket in front of me as I don’t trust that I won’t poo myself if I move my bottom off the toilet. It’s coming out both ends. The pain is excruciating, and the sickness profound and I feel so exceptionally unwell it’s astonishing that one tiny tablet could lead to this. It’s the pits. Avoid at all costs."

sickofallthis (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

Gentle Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took this “gentle laxative” around 10pm to help my constipation. Usually I have pretty regular bowels and used this laxative after almost all other remedies failed (an enema didn’t even work). This is supposed to take 6-12 hours to work. I woke up around 2am with the worst abdominal cramping I’ve ever had and I couldn’t stop running to the bathroom. An hour later and the pain and nausea was so intense I was on the toilet and vomiting into a trash can. This medicinal death trap did its job by emptying me out on both ends. I finally passed out from exhaustion and woke up with completely liquid BMs and cold sweats, blurred vision feeling like I was going to faint while on the toilet. It’s the day after and I still feel sick. I do not recommend this medication. Stick to a home remedy or something that is not a stimulant if you must but I would rather be constipated. This medicine is going straight to the bin."

Karmen October 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took a dose of this medicine before with no side effects . I took a dose this morning around 10:30am hoping that around 6pm, I would have some relief. Needless to say, around 2pm my stomach knotted up, I felt sick and faint. It felt like hot flashes. Luckily I was able to get to a fan to cool down, but had to go right back to the restroom. I have visited the facilities at least 5 times since then. I had to go to Walmart and get some Pepto. I am finally getting some relief. Never again!!!!"

Zeta (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "So, I don’t usually write reviews but I had to on this one lol. So I took it I want to say at 11:30pm before bed and was woken up at 4am needing to poop so bad! I sat on the toilet and I felt as if I was going into labor again; the cramps were so bad, I felt faint, needing to throw up, and just so uncomfortable and I didn’t poop! I went back to bed feeling the worst, was woken up again at 5am, rushed to the toilet and had a little diarrhea, not much came out and I was upset because how I was feeling I felt like I should’ve went A LOT! Went back to bed and was back up at 6am, I felt like I had to pass gas and almost pooped myself so I ran to the bathroom and it was O V E R !! I emptied out and felt so amazing and I even lost a pound lol. Tonight I’m debating on doing it again it’s been like a week and a half, but I’m scared I will die this time... I don’t know. Wish me luck! And I hope for the best for you all too!"

BrielleJojo (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "After reading these reviews. I'm definitely going to be throwing mine away. I took 2 pills around 4:45pm. Didn't have a bowl movement until like 5am. The worse cramps, dizziness, fatigue you name it. I'm done with ducolax. I thought I was dying. Haven't been able to sleep all night. Don't use this product. Try Miralax it works well."

She So Fly September 29, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Had surgery to remove my gallbladder 5 days ago and was having problem with constipation. My doctor had recommended high fiber foods, and lots of water. When that didn't help, and I was feeling more pain from the constipation than from the surgery, he suggested a laxative. I started with one, and after 6 hours of nothing, I took a second. 2 hours later I had a bowel motion. Nothing crazy, just a little gurgle in my stomach, and then I was good. Felt amazing! 3 hours later, it took it's vengeance. Cramps, sweating, nausea, and painful diarrhea. Didn't dare move off the toilet for hours and still made trips to the bathroom through the night. I was already feeling a bit off from my pain meds and this just made it worse!! Probably wouldn't have been as bad if I had just stuck with the one, but I got impatient. On the plus side, It does it's job!"

Ging September 26, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I have been stopped up for a few days. I read the box and decided to take 2 at 6 pm and then 1 about an hour later. I had some mild gurgling around an hour later. Went to bed and did not have a bowel movement until 930 am the next morning. No cramping, no pain just the urge to finally go!"

Sonsy (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Pregnant mummy in early 3rd trimester, hasn’t been able to pass bowel movement for nearly 2 weeks, called midwife to ask if it was safe to take, midwife confirmed it was absolutely fine.... took two tablets around 7:30pm been up from 3:30am with cramps and gas, it’s now 6:49 and I like many others are experiencing horrid explosive outbursts of actual liquid poo and extremely nauseating dizziness . Can’t even get up to get a bucket to throw up in. Definitely not recommended when pregnant! And obviously going by other comments not recommended by any one. Should be listed on the box! Literally felt like I was in labour! Had I not checked reviews I would of gone up to the hospital"

Needsapoop (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "First of all I DON'T have IBS, was just mildly constipated and was looking for relief. The only positive thing I can say is that I’m no longer constipated, and that’s because, after taking one pill, I spent all night throwing up, with blood in my diarrhea, in extreme pain from gas and cramping, dizzy, and in a cold sweat. It’s now 12 hours later and I still feel like I have the flu. I’d rather be constipated than ever take this again!"

EmCat (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Constipation: "Due to pain meds I have severe constipation. I have bisacodyl in the med cabinet. I had used them once, knew it would be ugly, but needed a solution..So took 2 Monday night and by Wednesday morning I'm still feeling sick and scared to go out, 48 hrs in and it hasn't stopped . The pain has been intense, feeling sick and it's worked granted, but urgh I want it to stop now! Need adult nappies for these things!"

Omg (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I purchased this as part of a colonoscopy prep. I had issues with diarrhea prior to this and then was constipated X 4 days, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I read the negative reviews and my thought was "why are they complaining? Follow the instructions, drink a quart of water and wait 12 hours for results". I have gastroparesis so my wait was more like 18 hours than 12 but it wasn't explosive, no cramps and did the job. To add to my potty story, while I was waiting to complete the initial prep, my GI doc called and cancelled the procedure. Well, at least I'm cleaned out!"

Cardplayer81 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I regularly, several times a week take senokot and saw the advert on tv about dulcolax apparently a gentle way to easily relieve constipation. Absolute rubbish. I only took 1 tablet as directed though you can take 2! Who knows what would have happened if I had taken 2. I have been feeling sick and absolute excruciating cramps couple hours after taken them. Out of despair I’ve googled the reviews to find loads of people have been going through this too! Thrown my packet in the bin! Stick to senokot!!"

Anonymous September 15, 2018

For Constipation: "Sweet mother this works and works swiftly. Now if the cramps would stop that would be great... Didn't even take a half hour, clean evacuation, thought I was golden. Nope. At the gym, at target, too many times at home to count. I’m not sure how anything is left and I’m not inside out. If you’ve got constipation, this is the golden (or brown) ticket."

Pcramps (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I honestly thought I was going to die! Took two tablets at 6pm and went to bed at 10pm...I woke at midnight with worse pains then when I was in labour I honestly thought I was going to birth an alien! Sat on the toilet in pain for three hours being sick into a bucket with hot sweats, passed out around 4am on the bathroom floor still no BM managed to go back to bed at 6am only to be woken again at 8am and glued to the toilet being sick again for hours- had three explosive BM’s between 3pm and 4pm, 10pm the next day and I’ve got mild cramps, no energy and feel like I’ve just had the worst stomach bug with no appetite at all, the thought of food is turning my stomach! How are these even allowed to be sold?! Do not take unless you have a whole day off the next day!"

Raye (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "The most excruciating pain of my life! I’m not sure how these are allowed on the market!? They may relieve constipation, but in such a dangerous way! DO NOT TAKE! Shaking, sickness, unbearable pain and fainting!? I think I’d rather be constipated for the rest of my life then endure the last few hours I have. I’ve recently had a laparoscopy so I’m tender and sore as it is, the anesthetic or the pain relief they gave me has caused me to be constipated for the past 4 days, I took 2 tablets at 8am this morning and fell asleep, woke up at 12 in excruciating pain. I have had a bowel motion but totally with the extreme pain. I’m still suffering 8 hrs later. This should not be allowed on the market!"

Lou3269 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Didn’t need to take the tablets. Reading these reviews made me poop myself. If, like I did, you’ve just taken these tablets and sat down to read the reviews wondering what awful stuff you’ve just ingested whether you’re going to get through the next 24 hours. Fear not. Here is my boring experience (in contrast to others on here) 12:45pm took 2 tablets. After 4 hours..nothing. After 6 hours..nothing. After 8 hours some gurgling, lots of farting. At 21:30- had a poo followed by another approx half an hour later. Went to bed. Woke up at 7am for breakfast. 09:00- had a poo and all is now good and regular. No pain, no sweats or palpitations. Not considering a trip to A&E!! Follow the directions, take the advised dose, drink plenty of water and all will be fine."

MrsD (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for : "So recently went on holiday and I never have trouble going or not going. This time I roughly had a poo once a week. Come back my typical clearance meal when I need to go (harvester full English) and went straight away. Waheey back to normal. Nope. Once a week started happening. I didn't feel the need to go, I didn't have stomach cramps or felt sick/ill. I thought I'd try dulcolax, took 1 tab at 12 thinking I would go toilet before bed. Had cramps and felt sick for the rest of the day with no toilet. Took two more before I went to bed woke up still nothing. Took two more and had some weetabix. Wahheeey 5 mins later went toilet. Then all day I have been visiting the toilet with running explosive diarrhoea. Probably won't ever take them again as its horrible. But they cost me £1 for 10 tablets so if your looking for a cheap horrible experience then these certainly work"

Gw9 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "First time I took these tablets they not only gave me cramp but I spent half the night throwing up! They do work but can take awhile I suggest using a hot water bottle for the cramps and drinking water to help the tablets kick in."

GOT1996 September 7, 2018

For Constipation: "I took one at 4pm and woke up at 3 am doubled over in pain with my stomach gurgling. I’m sitting on the toilet praying for the pain to stop, and I’m not even a spiritual person. The pain is accompanied by horrible nausea. Still no stool has passed. I stupidly took another 2 pills thinking the constipation was causing the pain and then came on here and read the reviews and realized it was the laxative. I won’t be able to go to classes today because the pain is horrible. Will update if this gets worse. AVOID unless a doctor tells you to take this. What a horrible mistake. This was supposed to be gentle too. Instead it feels like I’m being stabbed with multiple knives."

Help (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "After reading all the reviews I was terrified to try this. But I had already taken two tablets before I read the reviews. I had drunk about 6 bottles of water throughout the whole day, because I read water is key to avoid side effects. I took two tablets at 10am and after the 6 hours nothing. Woke up in the night maybe around 2 am to some mild cramping but still couldn't go to the toilet. This morning at 7am got up to more cramping, was on and off the toilet with cramps, pooping out nothing more than a few rabbit pellets. After about 2 hours of up and down to the toilet with cramps and nothing coming out. Everything broke loose, finally after a huge spasm it all came out, except now I have diarrhea. But I'm not complaining. But I will say I've had smoother experiences with pessaries and stool softeners and I don't have to suffer for 12 hours before hand. Also the smell they produce is like off urine! I'll give this one a pass next time but at least it FINALLY did the job."

HEW98 September 4, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Never had such terrible side effects from medicine before. It's day 2 and I still can't leave the house. First there were the stomach pains and then came the diarrhea. The box said "gentle." False advertising to say the least. The gentle box went right into the trash."

jaycee September 3, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "OMG! I am definitely giving this a 10 for being 100% effective BUT I will warn you about the 2 to 3 hours of on and off pains in your lower stomach. You will be in all kinds of crouching positions followed by a sprint to the toilet to let out fiery diarrhea. Despite the excruciating pain there were some relieving moments when you think it's over but IT'S NOT! This product is amazing."

Susieeeq (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "It is painful, but the best way to take the pills is to have a normal meal and one glass of whatever you want to drink, wait a couple hours until you get minor cramps. If you go to the toilet and can’t poop, drink a littler water until you cramp a little bit more strongly and expel some poop. Keep drinking water and taking breaks so it won’t be as painful usually when you drink a bit of water, some more will come out. DO NOT drink a ton of water beforehand."

A August 31, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...