User Reviews for Bisacodyl

Also known as: Alophen, Bisa-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Bisco-Lax, Bisolax, Carter's Little Pills, Colax, Correctol, Doxidan Tablet, Ducodyl, Dulcogen, Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, Evac-U-Gen, Ex-lax Ultra, Feen-A-Mint, Fematrol, Fleet Bisacodyl, Gen Lax, Gentlax Tablet, Gentle Laxative, Laxative Gentle Suppositories, Magic Bullet, Modane, Veracolate …show all brand names

Bowel Preparation
5.8

Constipation
5.6

Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 5.6 917 reviews

Reviews for Bisacodyl

For Constipation: "Usually have no problem when I take 2 tablets at night but for some reason I was so ill with them this time . Took 2 pills at 6pm woke at 2 am severe cramping, sweating, shivering ,vomiting and eventually after 2 hours on the loo I finally go for a bowel movement . I can't understand why this has happened as I'm usually ok ."

Christmas February 10, 2019

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Take ONE at a time! It works EXTREMELY well that way...for me.. I have HORRIBLE constipation...can’t go for weeks...when I first tried this med, I was ready to get things going...I took three...I’m someone with high pain tolerance, and I will NEVER take 3 at a time again...WOW...Major discomfort! One a day for 3 days produced the largest bowel movement I’ve had in a year! Good stuff! ONE AT A TIME!!!"

RelievedTake1atAtime February 1, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I've been taking dulcolax on and off for the last couple of years, 1st experience was the WORST!!! (My own fault I did take 4) but I've come to find if I only take 1 tablet of a night around 9pm and drink plenty of water with it along with pain relief I do 95% of the time manage to sleep all night (has been odd time I've been up to run to the loo) do have a bit of cramping in the morning but nothing a couple of painkillers can't help with, drinking plenty of fluid for me does help, yeah you still feel a bit yucky but I still manage to carry on with everyday tasks and have the odd gurgling going on in there, and I also make sure I take it when I do not have work the next day, would definitely carrying on taking it as and when needed yeah sometimes the side effects ain't very nice but the relief of actually going is even better :)"

Works (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "So I've lived with chronic constipation for years ! About 3 weeks ago I tried dulcolax for the first time. Took 3 pills around 6 PM and yes around 12 Am I woke up with cramps , hot flashes , and nausea. But , I also found relief and for me that was far more important than the temporary side effects. Now since then I've tried 1 pill and it did nothing . I've also tried taking 2 at a time , again nothing. The following day is a little rough I feel almost dehydrated. But hey at least relief finally !"

Alt (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2019

For Constipation: "I have taken this on occasion when needed - perhaps 1 x every two months when I feel bloated. I take 10 mg, followed by 16 Oz of water around bedtime. I’ll wake up 3-4 hours later with slight cramping - nothing major and it cleans me out. The cramping is uncomfortable for just a few minutes but well worth the benefits. The next day I usually feel light as a feather."

CeCe (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2019

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I was scared after reading reviews, but it was not a traumatic experience. I took ONE at 6 pm, woke up around 3:30 am to stomach cramps, and had 2 intense BM at 4. Nothing insane happened but it seems like people are taking 2-4, just take ONE. I promise one will clean you out. The stomach cramps definitely weren’t the best but I have the lowest pain tolerance and I lived. Just follow the directions, drink plenty of water after taking the pill (I had about 4 bottles of water, and only take ONE pill!!"

Belle (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Took this last night woke up at 6am with the worst cramps ever!!! Started sweating almost fainted. Finally pooped then now I’m starting to notice some blood in my stool. I highly DO NOT recommend this it is horrible!!!!!!! They need to take this off the self!"

Animal lover December 23, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "As part of a bowel prep for a colonoscopy, I took 4 Dulcolax tablets at 2:00 PM. At 6:00 PM I started the Golytely. Previous times, I could not take all 4 quarts, but now with the Dulcolax, my intestines were speeded up. The fluid went right through instead of backing up in my stomach and small intestines. After about an hour, I had a feeling of needing to have a BM. I thought I'd wait until the feeling became intense and continued watching TV and drinking the Golytely. After about 15 minutes, I got the most tremendous urge of my life and exploded in my underwear and on the carpet on the way to the bathroom. That never happened to me before."

BPMonster (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took 3 tablets about 12:00 am in the morning and nothing happened until about 5:00mp that evening when my stomach started cramping. It did clean me out but the next day I’m not feeling so good and later that evening the stomach cramps came back. I don’t ever wanna take this medicine again."

Girly (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I have been taking Ducolax for years with no issues. However, the last two times I used the product I had a horrible experience. I took 2 pills shortly before bed around 10:30pm. I woke up around 3am with horrible stomach pain. I had cramps, vomiting, shaking, headache, I was both hot and cold all while sitting on the toilet. The 2nd time was basically the same. I will not be using the product again. Makes me wonder if the product ingredients have recently been changed."

Lola December 12, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "This medication has caused me major, major stomach pain and vomiting. I will never take it again!"

Viviana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I've had four colonoscopies. My last two, I was prescribed Dulcolax, two tablets the night before the procedure. Both times, I got sick to my stomach, almost immediately. I go in again in 2 days. MD said only take one this time but I'm leery of even that. In my earlier colonoscopies, Dulcolax was never part of the prep. I hate it. I may skip it."

Logger December 8, 2018

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Well, I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life I'm pooping straight liquid. Took this after getting sinus surgery and was stopped up thanks to the pain meds. I took two pills the first day, and had a bowel movement the next morning, followed by two more that almost resembled diarrhea. But whatever, it did its job. Then a few more days went by, got stopped up again. I was off the pain meds by this point, but started taking Dulcolax, just one a day. Drank water. Nothing. Next day, one more. Water. Nada. Third day, I'm getting concerned, so I take two, then follow it up with a litre of coconut water and a cup of coffee. Hooooly crap. Literally. It started normal enough, a couple decent movements to get the flow going. And then it was like I turned on a faucet. It's been 24 hours since I took those pills, and I'm still squirting. And the pain, the cramps, oh my lord. I was writhing in bed all day. This is the WORST medication ever. Save yourself the agony."

Joanna December 7, 2018

For Constipation: "I’m sat for the last for 19mins straining like my body’s trying to forcefully evict my colon . I made myself get off the toilet at 25mins for fear of doing actual damage and get a total of 5 steps beforehand it feels like I’m going to explode again only to have another 20mins of the worst pain and uncontrollable straining I’ve ever felt while nothing happens. I vomit down the wall of my little toilet as was I try to reach the bin in time. I’m too weak and delirious to even react as my body is taken over by forces that be. I prayed to every God I could think of in the 30mins that followed. I thought I was going to die as my mother frantically asked if I needed an ambulance. And then it happened, I passed the smallest bead of poop I’ve ever had and it was like passing a hot coal but it’s over, my body relaxed and went remotely quickly back to normal. I’m currently sat on the bathroom floor wrapped in a towel calling in sick to work and feeling truly ill. GETS THE JOB DONE!!but at a cost"

NolongerLovesHerMother1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I may be almost cleared out but it was not worth staying up all night vomiting with severe, debilitating stomach pain. I sat on the toilet with a trash can in front of me, I've never had it came out both ends at the same time before! I paced my bathroom like when I was in labor when I got a break. I tried to stay hydrated but I couldn't keep water down. I took it at 9:30 PM, it's now 1:30PM and I still have stomach pain, almost like a really bad period, with diarrhea that I feel gurgling from time to time. Started to finally sip some ginger tea around noon. I didn't know whether I was hot or cold but was drenched in sweat all night. Only gave it 2 star because it did help but I DO NOT recommend this drug to get the job done if you value your life. I'm still in bed."

Stay Away! (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I tried dulcolax for the first time. I took it around 7pm. At 2am I woke up with the worst stomach pains I’ve ever felt. I mean ever. I laid in bed not knowing if I should go to the hospital or wait it out. I waited it out and a few minutes into the pain I felt like I was going to vomit everywhere. A few minutes into feeling like I was going to vomit I also felt like I was going to poop my pants. I went to sit on the toilet and thought I was going to poop everywhere. Instead I took a tiny dump. I went back to bed and still felt pain. 30 minutes later I ran to the toilet and took a massive dump. Now I am still in pain and just waiting for more poop to come as I am still feeling like garbage. I’ve had a chocolate laxative before and felt nothing like this. I will not take this product again."

Lou (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Constipation: "NEVER AGAIN. Took one tablet...6 hours later I’m pinned to a toilet with the most excruciating pain I’ve ever felt in my stomach. Instant cold sweats and shaking while my bowels evacuated. Faintness set in after about 10 minutes, then I LOSE CONSCIOUSNESS and wake up on the ground covered in my own liquid poop. HOW IS THIS AVAILABLE OVER THE COUNTER?!"

Z (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "DO NOT TAKE!! Tonight was my first time taking a laxative and I happened upon dulcolax. I woke up at 2 AM with the worst stomach cramps of my entire life. Spent two hours puking/dry heaving, bawling my eyes out, my whole body tingling and blood red, and sweating profusely while butt naked on the toilet. I seriously almost called 911. I really thought I was dying. I would much rather go through labor again than ever feel like this. Will NEVER take this again!!!"

Nikki November 26, 2018

For Constipation: "I’ve struggled with constipation most of my life. I decided to give this a try because regular stool softeners weren’t helping. I took one tablet around bedtime (I don’t know why I thought this was a good idea). I woke up the next morning feeling like I was going to vomit everywhere. I had class that morning and work immediately after so I had to get ready for the day. I have about a 45 minute drive to my college, within about the first 15 minutes I felt like I was going to poop myself literally. I cannot tell you how bad the pain was I have never experienced cramps like that and I get some harsh as periods. I mean don’t get me wrong it did it’s job but definitely to the extreme and I would not take it again I was sweating, Crying and holding onto my car for dear life."

Bri (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I can not believe this product is available over the counter! I’d been having a few days without a bowel movement which is very usual for me. So I thought I’d try a laxative to get things moving... I took 1 pill at 10:30pm and woke at 3am with severe stomach cramps, I sat there for a while trying to go but it took a good hour for any motion. I was sweating, felt sick, felt like my bowel was going to fall out, in excruciating pain and felt I was going to need to call an ambulance. I eventually did have a bowel movement but am laying in bed an hour later still shaking from the pain and scared to sleep in case the cramps worsen again. It was one of the worst experiences of my life! Stay away!"

Cls92 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I have had terrible experiences with constipation and have tried many laxatives and stool softeners. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Dulcolax ALWAYS works after taking 3 pills. Sure there is some cramping and nausea, but the relief is fantastic and its nice to have a sure thing."

Znan754 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Never again. I rarely take medication, however my dad gave me TWO since I had constipation. I took them around 2pm...woke up around 4am for what I can only imagine it be like for a woman going into labor. It felt like the worst contractions continuously. Was not until 30 minutes later I ran to the toilet, to have explosive diarrhoea. A couple of hours later I've been running to the toilet again with nothing but burning water passing out. It's now 10.43am, and the pain is still there, feeling bruised and waiting for the next trip to the toilet. I'd rather have a hard BM than ever take these again. Would not recommend."

L (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I really like this medication, however I learned the hard way to only take 1 tablet. I am trying to cleanse...Feeling yucky. Taking 1 pill it kicked in in 4 hours and has helped a lot, however I have mild cramping and chills."

'Dre (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Constipation: "I'm a 24-year-old woman who has struggled with constipation my entire life. I'm accustomed to a fair amount of struggling and straining to go to the bathroom. These past ten days I was in more pain and discomfort than I have ever been. I'd tried stool softeners and fiber supplements but it was still too hard to go. Fed up, I called my parents and told them I was going to urgent care - I'm from a military family and a trip to the doctor means you've broken a bone or have appendicitis. We've been known to wait even under those conditions. Anyway, my dad directed me to bisacodyl. He warned me my stomach would cramp. I read the horror stories online and prepared for the worst... and it never came. After nearly two weeks of painful, painful struggling, I passed a very soft but sizable BM with less discomfort than I have on any average day in the bathroom. No pain to speak of. I was shocked. I can't recommend this medicine enough."

Annie November 3, 2018

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Worst experience EVER! I took 2 of them on Sunday night around 8pm. I had several bowel movements the next morning when I woke up. Felt fine. As I began my day, I started to feel queasy. I had a light breakfast and drank some tea. By noon I was throwing my guts up and blood like too. After I threw up I was fine, there was nothing on my stomach. I ate a bowl of chicken noodle soup/crackers and ginger ale....couldn't even keep it down an hour and threw it all back up. Mine was coming up and not out. Around 6pm ate a few more crackers/ginger ale because I was so weak. I broke out in a horrible sweat and it was coming out of both ends. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I will use natural products in the future."

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018