User Reviews for Bisacodyl systemic

Also known as: Alophen, Bisa-Lax, Bisa-Plex, Bisac-Evac, Bisacodyl Uniserts, Bisco-Lax, Bisolax, Carter's Little Pills, Colax, Correctol, Doxidan Tablet, Ducodyl, Dulcogen, Dulcolax, Dulcolax Laxative, Evac-U-Gen, Ex-lax Ultra, Feen-A-Mint, Fematrol, Fleet Bisacodyl, Gen Lax, Gentlax Tablet, Gentle Laxative, Laxative Gentle Suppositories, Magic Bullet, Modane, Veracolate …show all brand names

Bowel Preparation
5.8

Constipation
5.5

Summary of Bisacodyl reviews 5.6 906 reviews

Reviews for Bisacodyl

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I've had four colonoscopies. My last two, I was prescribed Dulcolax, two tablets the night before the procedure. Both times, I got sick to my stomach, almost immediately. I go in again in 2 days. MD said only take one this time but I'm leery of even that. In my earlier colonoscopies, Dulcolax was never part of the prep. I hate it. I may skip it."

Logger December 8, 2018

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Well, I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life I'm pooping straight liquid. Took this after getting sinus surgery and was stopped up thanks to the pain meds. I took two pills the first day, and had a bowel movement the next morning, followed by two more that almost resembled diarrhea. But whatever, it did its job. Then a few more days went by, got stopped up again. I was off the pain meds by this point, but started taking Dulcolax, just one a day. Drank water. Nothing. Next day, one more. Water. Nada. Third day, I'm getting concerned, so I take two, then follow it up with a litre of coconut water and a cup of coffee. Hooooly crap. Literally. It started normal enough, a couple decent movements to get the flow going. And then it was like I turned on a faucet. It's been 24 hours since I took those pills, and I'm still squirting. And the pain, the cramps, oh my lord. I was writhing in bed all day. This is the WORST medication ever. Save yourself the agony."

Joanna December 7, 2018

For Constipation: "I’m sat for the last for 19mins straining like my body’s trying to forcefully evict my colon . I made myself get off the toilet at 25mins for fear of doing actual damage and get a total of 5 steps beforehand it feels like I’m going to explode again only to have another 20mins of the worst pain and uncontrollable straining I’ve ever felt while nothing happens. I vomit down the wall of my little toilet as was I try to reach the bin in time. I’m too weak and delirious to even react as my body is taken over by forces that be. I prayed to every God I could think of in the 30mins that followed. I thought I was going to die as my mother frantically asked if I needed an ambulance. And then it happened, I passed the smallest bead of poop I’ve ever had and it was like passing a hot coal but it’s over, my body relaxed and went remotely quickly back to normal. I’m currently sat on the bathroom floor wrapped in a towel calling in sick to work and feeling truly ill. GETS THE JOB DONE!!but at a cost"

NolongerLovesHerMother1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I may be almost cleared out but it was not worth staying up all night vomiting with severe, debilitating stomach pain. I sat on the toilet with a trash can in front of me, I've never had it came out both ends at the same time before! I paced my bathroom like when I was in labor when I got a break. I tried to stay hydrated but I couldn't keep water down. I took it at 9:30 PM, it's now 1:30PM and I still have stomach pain, almost like a really bad period, with diarrhea that I feel gurgling from time to time. Started to finally sip some ginger tea around noon. I didn't know whether I was hot or cold but was drenched in sweat all night. Only gave it 2 star because it did help but I DO NOT recommend this drug to get the job done if you value your life. I'm still in bed."

Stay Away! (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "I tried dulcolax for the first time. I took it around 7pm. At 2am I woke up with the worst stomach pains I’ve ever felt. I mean ever. I laid in bed not knowing if I should go to the hospital or wait it out. I waited it out and a few minutes into the pain I felt like I was going to vomit everywhere. A few minutes into feeling like I was going to vomit I also felt like I was going to poop my pants. I went to sit on the toilet and thought I was going to poop everywhere. Instead I took a tiny dump. I went back to bed and still felt pain. 30 minutes later I ran to the toilet and took a massive dump. Now I am still in pain and just waiting for more poop to come as I am still feeling like garbage. I’ve had a chocolate laxative before and felt nothing like this. I will not take this product again."

Lou (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Constipation: "NEVER AGAIN. Took one tablet...6 hours later I’m pinned to a toilet with the most excruciating pain I’ve ever felt in my stomach. Instant cold sweats and shaking while my bowels evacuated. Faintness set in after about 10 minutes, then I LOSE CONSCIOUSNESS and wake up on the ground covered in my own liquid poop. HOW IS THIS AVAILABLE OVER THE COUNTER?!"

Z (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Bowel Preparation: "DO NOT TAKE!! Tonight was my first time taking a laxative and I happened upon dulcolax. I woke up at 2 AM with the worst stomach cramps of my entire life. Spent two hours puking/dry heaving, bawling my eyes out, my whole body tingling and blood red, and sweating profusely while butt naked on the toilet. I seriously almost called 911. I really thought I was dying. I would much rather go through labor again than ever feel like this. Will NEVER take this again!!!"

Nikki November 26, 2018

For Constipation: "I’ve struggled with constipation most of my life. I decided to give this a try because regular stool softeners weren’t helping. I took one tablet around bedtime (I don’t know why I thought this was a good idea). I woke up the next morning feeling like I was going to vomit everywhere. I had class that morning and work immediately after so I had to get ready for the day. I have about a 45 minute drive to my college, within about the first 15 minutes I felt like I was going to poop myself literally. I cannot tell you how bad the pain was I have never experienced cramps like that and I get some harsh as periods. I mean don’t get me wrong it did it’s job but definitely to the extreme and I would not take it again I was sweating, Crying and holding onto my car for dear life."

Bri (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I can not believe this product is available over the counter! I’d been having a few days without a bowel movement which is very usual for me. So I thought I’d try a laxative to get things moving... I took 1 pill at 10:30pm and woke at 3am with severe stomach cramps, I sat there for a while trying to go but it took a good hour for any motion. I was sweating, felt sick, felt like my bowel was going to fall out, in excruciating pain and felt I was going to need to call an ambulance. I eventually did have a bowel movement but am laying in bed an hour later still shaking from the pain and scared to sleep in case the cramps worsen again. It was one of the worst experiences of my life! Stay away!"

Cls92 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I have had terrible experiences with constipation and have tried many laxatives and stool softeners. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Dulcolax ALWAYS works after taking 3 pills. Sure there is some cramping and nausea, but the relief is fantastic and its nice to have a sure thing."

Znan754 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Never again. I rarely take medication, however my dad gave me TWO since I had constipation. I took them around 2pm...woke up around 4am for what I can only imagine it be like for a woman going into labor. It felt like the worst contractions continuously. Was not until 30 minutes later I ran to the toilet, to have explosive diarrhoea. A couple of hours later I've been running to the toilet again with nothing but burning water passing out. It's now 10.43am, and the pain is still there, feeling bruised and waiting for the next trip to the toilet. I'd rather have a hard BM than ever take these again. Would not recommend."

L (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2018

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I really like this medication, however I learned the hard way to only take 1 tablet. I am trying to cleanse...Feeling yucky. Taking 1 pill it kicked in in 4 hours and has helped a lot, however I have mild cramping and chills."

'Dre (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Constipation: "I'm a 24-year-old woman who has struggled with constipation my entire life. I'm accustomed to a fair amount of struggling and straining to go to the bathroom. These past ten days I was in more pain and discomfort than I have ever been. I'd tried stool softeners and fiber supplements but it was still too hard to go. Fed up, I called my parents and told them I was going to urgent care - I'm from a military family and a trip to the doctor means you've broken a bone or have appendicitis. We've been known to wait even under those conditions. Anyway, my dad directed me to bisacodyl. He warned me my stomach would cramp. I read the horror stories online and prepared for the worst... and it never came. After nearly two weeks of painful, painful struggling, I passed a very soft but sizable BM with less discomfort than I have on any average day in the bathroom. No pain to speak of. I was shocked. I can't recommend this medicine enough."

Annie November 3, 2018

Correctol (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Worst experience EVER! I took 2 of them on Sunday night around 8pm. I had several bowel movements the next morning when I woke up. Felt fine. As I began my day, I started to feel queasy. I had a light breakfast and drank some tea. By noon I was throwing my guts up and blood like too. After I threw up I was fine, there was nothing on my stomach. I ate a bowl of chicken noodle soup/crackers and ginger ale....couldn't even keep it down an hour and threw it all back up. Mine was coming up and not out. Around 6pm ate a few more crackers/ginger ale because I was so weak. I broke out in a horrible sweat and it was coming out of both ends. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I will use natural products in the future."

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Took twice today and nothing... Took IBS med, stool softener, and gas-x. Nothing is working. A week of this, sigh. Horrible stomach pain...but I had it before the dulcolax."

SicklyOne (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Constipation: "I don't know why these are so gnarly for people. I have to take four and yeah I get some abdominal discomfort but it's manageable and about five hours later I go and it's a mix of hard with some water around it and I feel better and that's it."

Hardbutt (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I have taken 1 Dulcolax at night before bed for months with no side effects that most people are having. The directions say to take with a "full" glass of water which is at least 8 oz in my opinion. I guess it depends on how constipated you are and everyone reacts differently"

Dusty (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2018

Dulcolax Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I get backed up so I tried these at 2am with the intent to be cleared out by the next day. After 30mins in I was slightly dizzy/nauseous. At 8am I thought I was giving birth from my naval. I got up & AS SOON as I was upright my gut seized the wrath of satan. I’ve not had worse stomach pain ever & I once ate 3 McChickens in a row. I sat on the toilet for 20 mins expecting chaos & nada. After another painful 10 mins, I passed LIQUID. It was the temp of the sun. 3 mins like someone turned on the faucet in my bowels. It seemed to help momentarily. As a testament to how momentary that relief was, I’m writing this review from the toilet. I'm thinking I may succumb to the worst case of dysentery known to man. Now to cancel my dinner plans so I can begin writing my last will and testament. TLDR: For gods sake, avoid this like your life depends on it. Because you’ll be making deals with the devil to get off the pot. Trust me. This is sound advice. Do. Not. Do. It."

Regretting All My Life Choices October 4, 2018

For Constipation: "I had surgery this past Friday and have been using Percocet for the pain and it backed me up. I had my mother in law pick up this stuff so I could have a bowel motion. WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I’m prone to having stomach and intestinal pain as I have IBS and just a poor digestive system but wow this stuff takes the cake. My stomach started hurting a few hours after taking the first pill at around 5-6ish but I didn’t think anything of it and took another pill an hour later thinking it was my stomach hurting from being backed up. Nope! It was the pill doing it. My stupid self took another 2 at 9ish! Took forever to have a BM and have been having them off and on all night. It’s currently 4:30 AM and I’m still not feeling well. I had all side effects. Cold sweats, weakness, nausea, and almost passed out on the bathroom floor. You feel like you've been punched in the gut and they’re also squeezing your intestines. I would NOT recommend this at ALL unless you want to experience labor pains."

Alexis October 2, 2018

For Constipation: "Wow, all I can say is avoid, avoid, avoid. The first time I took it.....nothing. The second time I took it, several days later, holy moly, this stuff is awful. I am currently sat on the toilet wishing I could die. I have terrible stomach cramps and am being sick into a bucket in front of me as I don’t trust that I won’t poo myself if I move my bottom off the toilet. It’s coming out both ends. The pain is excruciating, and the sickness profound and I feel so exceptionally unwell it’s astonishing that one tiny tablet could lead to this. It’s the pits. Avoid at all costs."

sickofallthis (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

Gentle Laxative (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took this “gentle laxative” around 10pm to help my constipation. Usually I have pretty regular bowels and used this laxative after almost all other remedies failed (an enema didn’t even work). This is supposed to take 6-12 hours to work. I woke up around 2am with the worst abdominal cramping I’ve ever had and I couldn’t stop running to the bathroom. An hour later and the pain and nausea was so intense I was on the toilet and vomiting into a trash can. This medicinal death trap did its job by emptying me out on both ends. I finally passed out from exhaustion and woke up with completely liquid BMs and cold sweats, blurred vision feeling like I was going to faint while on the toilet. It’s the day after and I still feel sick. I do not recommend this medication. Stick to a home remedy or something that is not a stimulant if you must but I would rather be constipated. This medicine is going straight to the bin."

Karmen October 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "I took a dose of this medicine before with no side effects . I took a dose this morning around 10:30am hoping that around 6pm, I would have some relief. Needless to say, around 2pm my stomach knotted up, I felt sick and faint. It felt like hot flashes. Luckily I was able to get to a fan to cool down, but had to go right back to the restroom. I have visited the facilities at least 5 times since then. I had to go to Walmart and get some Pepto. I am finally getting some relief. Never again!!!!"

Zeta (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "So, I don’t usually write reviews but I had to on this one lol. So I took it I want to say at 11:30pm before bed and was woken up at 4am needing to poop so bad! I sat on the toilet and I felt as if I was going into labor again; the cramps were so bad, I felt faint, needing to throw up, and just so uncomfortable and I didn’t poop! I went back to bed feeling the worst, was woken up again at 5am, rushed to the toilet and had a little diarrhea, not much came out and I was upset because how I was feeling I felt like I should’ve went A LOT! Went back to bed and was back up at 6am, I felt like I had to pass gas and almost pooped myself so I ran to the bathroom and it was O V E R !! I emptied out and felt so amazing and I even lost a pound lol. Tonight I’m debating on doing it again it’s been like a week and a half, but I’m scared I will die this time... I don’t know. Wish me luck! And I hope for the best for you all too!"

BrielleJojo (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "After reading these reviews. I'm definitely going to be throwing mine away. I took 2 pills around 4:45pm. Didn't have a bowl movement until like 5am. The worse cramps, dizziness, fatigue you name it. I'm done with ducolax. I thought I was dying. Haven't been able to sleep all night. Don't use this product. Try Miralax it works well."

She So Fly September 29, 2018

Dulcolax (bisacodyl) for Constipation: "Had surgery to remove my gallbladder 5 days ago and was having problem with constipation. My doctor had recommended high fiber foods, and lots of water. When that didn't help, and I was feeling more pain from the constipation than from the surgery, he suggested a laxative. I started with one, and after 6 hours of nothing, I took a second. 2 hours later I had a bowel motion. Nothing crazy, just a little gurgle in my stomach, and then I was good. Felt amazing! 3 hours later, it took it's vengeance. Cramps, sweating, nausea, and painful diarrhea. Didn't dare move off the toilet for hours and still made trips to the bathroom through the night. I was already feeling a bit off from my pain meds and this just made it worse!! Probably wouldn't have been as bad if I had just stuck with the one, but I got impatient. On the plus side, It does it's job!"

Ging September 26, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...