User Reviews for Amitiza to treat Constipation

Amitiza Rating Summary

3.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 139 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Amitiza

"Took for one week and it had no effect, whatsoever. Waste of $300 that I could not afford."

TJ (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

"A doctor told me he thinks I have IBS with chronic constipation. Had constipation before and after I started taking Percocet for pain."

Cutencrazy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2018

"I have taken two doses and it didn't work at all. Was it placebo? I have no idea. What happened was that I experienced strange psychotropic effects: lessened ability to judge distances, lessened ability to follow conversations, slower reading speed, headache, facial muscle spasm, clenching my jaw, and then a crying episode after 4-5 hours after the dose. At least I know it didn't cause my acne. I am scared to try the higher dose after reading everyone's comments and the fact that my blood pressure runs low to begin with. And the fact that my stomach is prone to nausea."

Elaine64764008060 September 13, 2017

"This medicine helped with constipation but gave me pretty major emotional issues. I was very moody and depressed. It also made me pretty tired. I wasn't able to sleep. I think it gave me aches in my joints as well. I would say stay far away!!! It's not worth it! I'd rather just take regular laxatives. At least those don't make me want to kill myself."

Ashley6551 January 19, 2017

"My prescription was for 24 MCG twice a day. I never tried it two times in one day BC out is so unpredictable. After a few hours (or more), it gives me severe diarrhea lasting at least an hour. So I normally take it late at night so it works by the morning."

Epstar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 15, 2015

"I have chronic constipation. Nothing has helped including Amitiza."

Walon (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2015

"I took 24mcg of Amitizia for 6 days twice a day. I got a pretty bad reaction from this. I had dry mouth, lightheadedness, my face was always warm, stomach aches, loss of appetite, severe anxiety, and nausea. I've come to the conclusion that the 24mcgs twice a day was far too much for my body. I weigh 117 pounds, and I don't think my body could handle that amount. If anyone is experiencing these side effects don't take it, make another appointment with your doctor to see if the dosage is too much. Also, if you have had a loss of appetite like myself, make sure to get enough sugar in your system, I had a hypoglycemic attack. Drink ginger ale, or eat if you can."

Neelyy December 28, 2014

"I stopped after only taking 2 pills. I developed a slight problem breathing and a rash across my neck and shoulders. Also, I now have unbearable gas pains after taking 2 of these pills a week ago. I am glad that I was only given 4 pills by the pharmacist as they were out so I wasn't charged."

Sunkissed2010 December 23, 2014