Amitiza - how long does it take to work? Is it better to take after dinner?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 11, 2020.
The clinical studies of Amitiza show that compared to a placebo more people have a bowel motion within the first 24 hours of taking it, and during the first week there is an increase in the number of bowel motions.
Yes, you can take it in the evening after food.
The usual dose for IBS-C in adults with normal liver function is 8mg twice daily with food and water.
For more information on Amitiza see: https://www.drugs.com/amitiza.html
Related Medical Questions
- Can antibiotics cause constipation?
- What is the maximum dosage for Colace stool softener at one time?
- Does tramadol cause constipation?
- Fleet Enema - What is the difference between constipation and fecal impaction?
- Why does Aimovig cause constipation?
- Can Adderall cause constipation?
- Can Farxiga cause constipation?
- Amitiza Information for Consumers
- Amitiza Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amitiza (detailed)