User Reviews for Loratadine to treat Urticaria

Also known as: Alavert, Claritin, Claritin Reditab, Clear-Atadine, Dimetapp ND, ohm Allergy Relief, QlearQuil All Day & Night, Tavist ND, Wal-itin

Loratadine Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 128 medications used in the treatment of Urticaria.

Reviews for Loratadine

"I have been taking this for a few months and I didn't have any problems until I began to take hair skin and nail vitamins from over the counter. The reaction made my eczema smell and break out more."

Ritzkrakers October 17, 2017

Claritin (loratadine): "I gave My daughter Claritin 5mg twice a day following doctors orders along with amoxicillin, she is 10 after taking it for 8 days she started to break out with rash , I took her back to dr she then ordered benedryl for the rash within 5 hrs that rash turned into wells all over her body , it was hot to touch and itchy also she went to ear the next day because of the severity of her condition at that point, ER dr gave her steroid to help with her pain and trying to eliminate the rash , well it's 4 days later and she still has the condition, dr says she has urticaria or Steven Johnson syndrome , so now my daughter and I have to wait day by day and watch her for any new breakouts"

Osborne, melissa November 22, 2016

"I had chronic hives for over 10 years, frequent and fairly severe. Cold helped to reduce the symptoms, but nothing reduced the frequency. When I started taking loratadine for unrelated allergies I was very pleased to find that the hives went away, for the most part. Every now and then I will have a few, but not all that often and not as severe. This stuff works for me. Yeah!"

meecahw September 12, 2016

"I am on day three of using this, and so far, my itching has not improved."

reenee1 March 6, 2016

Alavert (loratadine): "I have been taking this medication for 10 years due to multiple allergies, I TAKE IT AT NIGHT AS IT CAN CAUSE DROWSINESS, ALTHOUGH PERSONALLY I HAVE NOT FOUND THIS TO BE A PROBLEM."

kazren (taken for 10 years or more) February 27, 2013

"I take one Loratadine per day for dermographism. It reduces itching substantially, but does not decrease the appearance of the rash. The effectiveness of one pill seems to last longer than 24 hours... typically I don't notice itching until about 36 hours after taking a pill."

Beeradlee January 25, 2012

"I have been using generic loratadine for two weeks for itching and burning due to sunlight and becoming overheated. It works well but I do feel somewhat drowsy and unmotivated. I am sleeping much better than I usually do and recalling many more dreams which are generally quite pleasant."

Anonymous August 8, 2010

Claritin Hives Relief (loratadine): "I have chronic hives and experience swelling of my lips. I've been taking Claritin Hives Relief for 7 days and have not had one break out. I've tried benedryl for months and found no relief. One Claritin a day and I'm free of hives."

Anonymous September 19, 2008

Claritin Hives Relief (loratadine): "This works fantastic for those who have allergic reactions to mosquitos and other insect bites. Both my daughter and I swell (3-5" plus) from mosquitos. Benadryl doesn't seem to work very well. However, in the summer we take 1 pill per day and it minimizes the swelling and itch. Yes, I've discussed this with a doctor and he was the one who recommended taking a pill a day beforehand."

Anonymous July 2, 2008