User Reviews for Loratadine to treat Urticaria

Also known as: Claritin, Alavert, Allergy Relief Tablets, Claritin 24 Hour Allergy, Children's Claritin Allergy, Claritin Reditabs, Help I Have Allergies, Bactimicina Allergy, Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Children's Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Vicks QlearQuil All Day & All Night 24 Hour Allergy Relief, ohm Allergy Relief, Clear-Atadine, Loratadine Reditab, Wal-itin Clear-Atadine Children's Tavist ND …show all brand names

Loratadine has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Urticaria. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 46% reported a negative effect.

Loratadine Rating Summary

5.0/10 average rating

Compare all 96 medications used in the treatment of Urticaria.

Reviews for Loratadine

Kate · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

“Took 1 loratadine in the evening as I was recommended by my doctor for hives. Struggled to sleep and later started shaking, rapid heartbeat, confusion. I have never had side effects like this due to any allergy pills previously. This is the worst and scariest thing I have experienced. This drug is not worth taking”

Anonymous September 19, 2008

Claritin Hives Relief (loratadine): “I have chronic hives and experience swelling of my lips. I've been taking Claritin Hives Relief for 7 days and have not had one break out. I've tried benedryl for months and found no relief. One Claritin a day and I'm free of hives.”

Anonymous July 2, 2008

Claritin Hives Relief (loratadine): “This works fantastic for those who have allergic reactions to mosquitos and other insect bites. Both my daughter and I swell (3-5" plus) from mosquitos. Benadryl doesn't seem to work very well. However, in the summer we take 1 pill per day and it minimizes the swelling and itch. Yes, I've discussed this with a doctor and he was the one who recommended taking a pill a day beforehand.”

Osborne, melissa November 22, 2016

Claritin (loratadine): “I gave My daughter Claritin 5mg twice a day following doctors orders along with amoxicillin, she is 10 after taking it for 8 days she started to break out with rash , I took her back to dr she then ordered benedryl for the rash within 5 hrs that rash turned into wells all over her body , it was hot to touch and itchy also she went to ear the next day because of the severity of her condition at that point, ER dr gave her steroid to help with her pain and trying to eliminate the rash , well it's 4 days later and she still has the condition, dr says she has urticaria or Steven Johnson syndrome , so now my daughter and I have to wait day by day and watch her for any new breakouts”

Beeradlee January 25, 2012

“I take one Loratadine per day for dermographism. It reduces itching substantially, but does not decrease the appearance of the rash. The effectiveness of one pill seems to last longer than 24 hours... typically I don't notice itching until about 36 hours after taking a pill.”

meecahw September 12, 2016

“I had chronic hives for over 10 years, frequent and fairly severe. Cold helped to reduce the symptoms, but nothing reduced the frequency. When I started taking loratadine for unrelated allergies I was very pleased to find that the hives went away, for the most part. Every now and then I will have a few, but not all that often and not as severe. This stuff works for me. Yeah!”

Dan April 30, 2020

“NOTE: Doctor prescribed me this mixed with Vitamin B Complex in pills in a 50/50 ratio. A few days after using it I noticed my eczema symptoms are going away (used to have reddish, dry fingers.) About 36 hours later I had massive dizziness, followed by shivers. At first I thought I got a simple fever or something, and didn't think that the medication was the cause, so I keep on consuming it. The next morning it felt like my head was about to burst and that i was sweating profusely. Since the doctor also prescribed me cream for my skin affected by the eczema, I decided to no longer consume the pills; in 24 hours I felt better. The eczema is also gone though at this point I'm not sure if the cream or the oral meds did the job for me. I would really recommend people to check whether they had allergic reactions to drugs like this, and perhaps other people are not allergic with this like me, because I pretty much poisoned myself in exchange for curing my skin condition.”

Luca2020 · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2020

“I took 10mg loratadine on Saturday I felt okay when I took it, next day feeling sick dizzy felt like had bad flu, I took it for dermographism on my skin which has got worst. I had bad reaction to this drug. I am writing this on day 3 I still feel wired. Don’t take this if you have bad anxiety and depression making me feel so unwell, headache, didn’t eat hardly anything in 3 days drank loads water, bread, soup. Finding it hard to sleep avoid it!! Side effects are awful I wonder when I am gonna feel better!”

Anonymous August 8, 2010

“I have been using generic loratadine for two weeks for itching and burning due to sunlight and becoming overheated. It works well but I do feel somewhat drowsy and unmotivated. I am sleeping much better than I usually do and recalling many more dreams which are generally quite pleasant.”

kazren · Taken for 10 years or more February 27, 2013

Alavert (loratadine): “I have been taking this medication for 10 years due to multiple allergies, I TAKE IT AT NIGHT AS IT CAN CAUSE DROWSINESS, ALTHOUGH PERSONALLY I HAVE NOT FOUND THIS TO BE A PROBLEM.”

Chelle52 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 1, 2019

“It doesn’t work. at all!!”

Buster · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 16, 2021

Claritin (loratadine): “It provides excellent non-drowsy relief for urticaria.”

reenee1 March 6, 2016

“I am on day three of using this, and so far, my itching has not improved.”

Ritzkrakers October 17, 2017

“I have been taking this for a few months and I didn't have any problems until I began to take hair skin and nail vitamins from over the counter. The reaction made my eczema smell and break out more.”

Learn more about Urticaria