User Reviews for Loratadine/pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Claritin-D, Claritin-D 24 Hour, Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus, Loratadine-D 12 Hour, Clear-Atadine-D, Loratadine-D 24 Hour, Allergy Relief D12, Claritin-D 12 Hour, Leader Allergy Relief D-24, Allergy & Congestion Relief, Allergy Relief D 24 Hour, AllerClear D-24 Hour

Nasal Congestion 6.8
Allergic Rhinitis 4.0

Reviews for Loratadine/pseudoephedrine

CarolinaGirl · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I get migraines before thunderstorms (also get them frequently anyway). I switched to Claritin D 24 hour because Zyrtec D 12 hour, while good for allergies, wasn’t relieving the pressure in my head during a thunderstorm or barometric change in the weather. I took the Claritin around 6pm and it’s thunderstorming at 11:38 pm and for sure the Claritin prevented me from getting a headache. Also relieved sinus pressure. I can tell this med can interfere with sleep but I have to take sleep medicine anyway so insomnia isn’t a concern for me. I will try to this medicine a few hours before thunderstorms are supposed to start. It’s great, I just wish it was cheaper.”

T. · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Like many have said, it definitely cleared up the horrible sinus pressure I was having but the trade off was spending the entire day feeling 10x more miserable because of the crazy side effects. It made me feel drowsy, woozy, and extremely nauseous while also feeling anxious, unable to concentrate and unable to sleep all at the same time. I also had a sensation of pressure on my chest and feeling like my heart was racing. Never again.”

Rudy · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2020

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Cleared my head out beautifully! Insomnia was horrible!!!”

Andreas · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I have really bad season allergies and was desperate to get rid of my horrible nasal congestion. As advertised, this drug does wonders for your nose but I the side effects that come with it are almost unbearable. Constant dull headache, makes you jittery and super anxious, random muscle spasms and sometimes it feels like my heart is going to explode. The lack of sleep tops it off. Sure it’s great to breathe but the side effects it comes with doesn’t seem worth it. I only took the drug for five days before I had to stop.”

EP April 24, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I took the Claritin-D pill at 3pm and right now it’s 5:29 am..... I cannot fall asleep! Feeling anxious, even trying to force my sleep I can’t, Took a sleeping aid and nothing, I feel like my breathing cuts off.. also i took the 24hr one.. BAD IDEA! I read people here took the 12 hr and can’t sleep... I guess I’ll be like this for 3 days, . If you have allergies or congestion just buy the reg ones not the D! And use saline spray for the nose.”

Court · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “AWFUL. Immediately after I took it I felt nauseous, an extreme sadness, dizzy and anxious. A few hours later my mood went back up but then I became jittery and had insomnia. Didn’t get a single hour of sleep. I DO NOT recommend.”

Fantazy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I will not use this medicine again. I took it 2 days ago and still can't sleep.”

Mimi January 11, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I took this pill one time, and it’s horrible. I couldn’t eat and nervousness is an understatement. The bottom line is this.. I now realize why you can only purchase it from behind the counter of a pharmacy. I have never done meth, but this is probably a pretty close first. You all know that this is the main ingredient used to make meth.. right? Horrible. I’ll stick with the congestion.”

Gavenhaze · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “The D is incredible!!!”

Rafa November 9, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I have taken regular Claritin for years with no ill effects. My wife went to pharmacy to pick up for me and they gave her Claritin D 24 hour. I asked her what it was as the package looked different she explained that the pharmacy told her it’s a new formula. I took it for 6 days and had terrible insomnia, fast heart beat, anxiety all day. I did not realize that the medication contained an extra ingredient, it had loratadine plus Pseudoephedrine. It was the pseudoephedrine that cause of this nad I had just though it was regular Claritin. This medication should come with very clear warnings as it is actually dangerous.”

pearl · Taken for 10 years or more November 4, 2019

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “12-hour Claritin D has worked wonders for me. It clears all the congestion in my head from my allergies and it produces no ill side effects for me. Through the years I have had bad reactions to Benadryl, Sudafed and a prescription decongestant, but for whatever reason, 12-hour Claritin D is perfect for me. I take one tablet daily.”

Fish · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2019

Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “The medication really helps relieve my sinus congestion. I prefer it over the other name brand. However; they've made the packaging so hard to get the pill out I wonder if they are trying to kill the product. It was hard enough to get it out before, but now in the new packaging, it's even harder.”

Jo · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “Claritin D does not releive congestion like it used to. Had cold so tried claritan did not feel any type of relief from nasal congrstion. Usually after you would take it you would feel the medicine clearing up the congestion now you don't feel any relief. Which means they are using an inferior type of pseuodephedrine( not sure of exact spelling) this is the ingredient that's suppose to dry up congrestion I used to feel a slight pulling in my sinuses as it was really drying up the mucus from a cold Now. Nothing!! This products does not work like it used to they are using inferior low grade medicine!!!”

Mandy · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I tried this for my bad allergies. It did help with my nose itching. I had bad side effects that outweighed any benefits. I have been antsy, dizzy, my heart has been pounding, nauseated, and overall just not feeling well. I can’t wait for it to be out of my system. I won't take it again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 10, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “My experiences have been hit or miss. Sometimes I will take Claritin D and immediately feel better. Other times like this one now that has led me to this thread... I have had congestion and watery eyes for 24 hours. Now after taking Claritin D my nose won’t stop running and my eyes are even worse. This has happened before so I will be switching allergy medications soon.”

INSOMNIA · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “claritin D is very effective for getting rid of congestion. Also very effective at getting rid of any chance for a good nights sleep. I was taking it for about a week and got about 1 hour of sleep each night before I figured out what was causing my insomnia. back to regular Claritin for me. I would much rather suffer worse symptoms than not sleep at all.”

sweetpea June 26, 2019

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Doctor recommended Claritin Doctor recommended Claritin D because of constant post nasal drip and burning pain in chest. After taking two weeks the drip did not stop, the chest pain got worse and experienced more episodes of irregular heart beats. No more Claritin D for me. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2019

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I took loratadine with pseudoephedrine for a sinus infection and it’s working great so far. It gave me night sweats, because of the antihistamine in it, just like Benadryl does sometimes to me. I just woke up and had to grab a towel to lay on in bed.”

Atlas · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “Works awesome!! Had major stuffy nose, major sinus pressure and lots of New England clam chowder in my lungs from a severe cold. I could actually breath when on Claritin-D 24 hour !! Only downside ...good luck trying to sleep plus dry mouth - thanks to the pseudoephedrine in it.”

Lady D March 26, 2019

For Nasal Congestion: “OMG I went to the doctor ( $75 copay) and then was prescribed this OTC legal “drug”. I tried to go to work and it felt like I was on something illegal. The pseudoephedrine ingredient caused me to hallucinate, couldn’t focus at all and I had the worst anxiety ever. I tried to rest and I had horrible racing thoughts and really strange negative thoughts too. It was awful. I don't think it helped my runny nose and “allergies”. It just made me feel mentally unwell. The side effect was far worse than it helping. I wouldn’t take this again if you paid me!”

BA · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2019

For Nasal Congestion: “The side effects were/are horrible. I took this 30 hours ago and I still have anxiety. I didn't sleep the whole night! I feel like I was drugs! I will never take this again. The pseudoephedrine is too stimulating ”

textodd · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Definitely clears up the congestion and allergy symptoms which is why I'm giving it a 2. The side effects however, are terrible. It makes me so jittery and unable to sleep, it's not worth taking. It took me a few times to make the connection but now I know it's the Claritan D.”

Kay January 14, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “Use to work like a charm for me. Now it doesn’t really begin to work until 3 days later. Anyways I just recently have a allergy flare up. And it didn’t begin to work until day 4. Basically I was doing Claritin D 24 every night with without any relief so I began taking a plain Claritin in the morning. Instant relief taking both butr I’m no sure it’s recommended. Anyways now my ear has been clogged for 3 days. Even after trying Claritin D , Flonase, saline spray, no relief. A doctor now has me on Sudafed for my ear clogging. Let’s see if this works”

Bmot · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “Well, it definitely worked as far as my runny nose and nasal congestion went. It stopped all my allergy symptoms but It kept me up close to 48 hours. I didn't bother googling this until day two. I took the first pill around 6pm, was up all night and into the afternoon of the next day. My symptoms started to reappear just as I began to get a little sleepy at work so I took another one, somehow I still didn't quite connect my sleeplessness with the Claritin D. Well I was up the entire second night and while I was literally pacing I decided to google this and found that insomnia is a side effect of the pseudoephedrine. Didn't take the pill again and on the third day, around 2pm, I was ready to pass out. Literally, I had to catch a ride from work because I couldn't stay up.”

Alligator60 · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This Claritin-D is good for nasal congestion and allergies. However, I have about 2-3hr sleep per night. The worst side effect is that it restricts urinary flow and it makes the urine cloudy. It caused blurry vision and raised blood pressure. (maybe due to the pseudoephedrine?) I thought I was having kidney failure with the restricted urination. Be careful when taking this medication.”