User Reviews for Loratadine / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus, AllerClear D-24 Hour, Allergy & Congestion Relief, Allergy Relief D 24 Hour, Allergy Relief D12, Claritin-D, Claritin-D 12 Hour, Claritin-D 24 Hour, Clear-Atadine-D, Leader Allergy Relief D-24, Loratadine-D 12 Hour, Loratadine-D 24 Hour

Learn more about Loratadine/pseudoephedrine.

Nasal Congestion 32 reviews 590 medications

7.6
Allergic Rhinitis 13 reviews 882 medications

5.4
Summary of Loratadine/pseudoephedrine reviews 45 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Loratadine/pseudoephedrine

For Allergic Rhinitis: "How I wish I had read this before taking this med. This is my third night without sleep. I had no idea this could be a side effect. It has cleared my nose but aggravated my migraine as I am not sleeping at all. I am not taking this med again. I guess I should have stuck with Allegra."

Sr30 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I'm 18 I have a severe sore throat to the point of my tonsils becoming inflamed and to add to that my ears started to hurt! So, I took Claritin D and I understand this is a decongestant so my ears were better but my throat was more dry (that's the side affect I found out later) and I'm up all night! was in bed from 10pm- 4am and now I have a 7 o clock flight great never again!!!"

Lingaq April 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion: "This pill works very well. Will recommend and definitely use again."

J4gzus December 31, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Worst pill i have ever took . After 14 hours after taking the pill . I feel tyred , muscles pain ... Same symptoms as whe you have flue . Didn't have any of these simpthoms before taking the pill . Just the rhinitis. Which by the way is still there but less simptomatic."

Dannie's v August 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Definitely helps with nasal allergy symptoms but the side effects are not worth it. Thankful to googling & finding this site because I thought I'ld have to take myself to the ER. Jittery, rapid heartbeat, anxiety either from Claritin or from worrying about the jittery uneasy feelings. Thanks to everyone who has shared here. I think I'll just suffer my allergy symptoms naturally."

Barbara in Los Angeles July 11, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion: "I found Alavert to be extremely affective with two side effects and depending on how bad you feel they might not bother you. I noticed I had a ton of energy and couldn't go to sleep so I found myself cleaning. My house is better because of it. I also found myself getting up to pee almost every hour once I feel asleep. All in all it relieved my headache, dizziness and nasal congestion."

Lala75 May 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I took Claritin D this morning because of severe nasal congestion, it was relieved after few hours but the side effects is not good, I can't sleep. I am so tired and want to rest but I am still wide awake until 1am. How I wish, I read the reviews first before taking it..so no more Claritin D...I will go back to Allegra."

Nhing May 8, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Super effective! I have been using it as needed for about three years now; however, tonight is the first night that it has ever kept me awake. I mean literally wide awake, cleaning my house at 3AM awake. Definitely worth it and clears up congestion instantly, but taking it in the late afternoon was a huge mistake!"

Kathryns12 April 26, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for : "I've found this product helps to shrink the nasal passages to relieve some of the pressure, but not the headache the build up causes. They should consider including acetometophine (sp?) for the PAIN that the built up pressure can cause. In addition to taking the Alavert-D, I have to also take 2 Tylenol for the pain in order to get relief. Even with taking the Alavert-D and the pressure being released, the pain does not subside unless I take something for it."

Toni-D April 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "great at eliminating allergies, but also eliminates sleep. I haven't slept in 4 nights and after googling, now I see why! not worth it."

no allergies, but no sleep!!!! (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "After suffering with nasal congestion and trying a variety of allergy medicines, I tried using Claritin-D. Although it didn't clear up the nasal congestion, at first I did seem to feel better. THEN, the side effects started: extreme dry mouth, stomach pain, headaches, feeling nervous, faster heart rate, constipation, tingly feeling under my skin, insomnia, urinating less than usual; After quitting the medicine I also had high blood pressure, fear & anxiety (I was afraid to be alone so my grown children came to stay with me several days). I wouldn't take it again!!!"

D.J. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Definitely cleared up my nasal congestion but totally not worth it due to the side effects. I took it around 9 this morning. It is now past midnight and I'm still feeling it. All day I have been jittery, anxious, irritable, and had terrible dry mouth. I'm exhausted right now but I can't sleep. Wish I read these reviews before taking!!!"

Livsmum (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Claritin D 24 hour works well for sinus issues. However the side effects that I experienced supercedes the effectiveness of the drug; decreased urinary stream, cloudy urine, straining to push out urine from bladder, Insomnia, headache, increased heart rate. All symptoms lasted approx 24 hours. Inconvenient to purchase, have to show drivers license as I found out its the main ingredient is used to make crystal meth."

Mrole45 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I started this medication 5 days ago due to post nasal drip, phlegm coughs, runny nose... My doctor told me to take 24 hour. As far as side effects: I experienced slight insomnia...a little longer to fall asleep, my head is not quite clear, I feel a little foggy, when I need to concentrate and a little fatigue. No major side effects. The medication has helped but has not completely "cured" me. So overall, it's worked but it's not a miracle."

CindyD123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Clears up allergies like a charm but side effects are no joke. Jittery, trouble sleeping, massive anxiety, I couldn't sit still went on a cleaning binge for hours on end though lol. Woke up next day drained still feeling some side effects. Scary drug."

J1p2o3 November 28, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Have terrible post nasal drip. Claritan is the only thing that works. No generics as good. Do find that the med works half the time it says it does;12 hr works for 6, 24 ? About 8. I take 12 hr twice a day in spring and fall. Deal with the hrs it's not working. Doesn't interfere with my sleep."

Tennismom (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Benadryl is WAYYYYY better. Claritin does almost nothing for my allergies. Would strongly suggest not wasting your money on this product"

danny9492 September 4, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Sneezing, itchy eyes and runny nose, terrible allergy attack. Normally I take benadryl or one with dyphenhydramine in it but I didn't want to be tired all day so I took Claritin-D 12 hour. BIG MISTAKE! It took 5 hours before it even started easing my allergy symptoms and it still hasn't completely gotten rid of them but I am stuck not being able to take anything else for another 6 1/2 hours. I would never recommend this!"

Kat4 August 31, 2015

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I literally have tried every home remedy and allergy medicine out there. Until I tried Walgreens generic claritin-d for nasal congestion and allergies, way cheaper and you get the same results. I had nasal congestion, fever/ headaches, itchy throat, and earaches. After one dose I felt like a new person. I truly recommend this product to anyone suffering from the same symptoms I had... :-)"

AAAXOX3 July 27, 2015

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Loratadine-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have a deviated septum and tried everything. .but I have found that generic claritan non drowsy formula with just nasal saline has done the trick for post nasal drip. Works great..pharmacist recommended for me."

zazzycat67 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Very effective at eliminating allergies, but will keep you awake all night long. I took the 24 hour one in the early morning 7:30 am and laid in bed for 5 hours before I could fall asleep."

Anonymous April 19, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I find opening this medication very difficult. I have to use scissors to open every time. Allegra is in a bottle and easy to use."

Anonymous April 13, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Have had lifelong issues if Allergies and Sinus Congestion/Infections. This is the first thing that has worked. Only use the 12 hr formula taken early in the morning. 24 hr didn't allow me to sleep well. Noticed a higher heart rate/jittery feelings for abt the first two weeks, then my body got use to it. This med has improved my health and allowed me to stop taking multiple meds that could not provide the relief that taking one Claritin D has."

Thistleandabug February 28, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Works for congestion & allergy symptoms but gave me terrible insomnia and jitters. "

Reznik November 13, 2014

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "This product worked well for my post nasal drip. But I felt extreme pressure in my sinuses, especially in my ears. I had terrible dry mouth which created a horrible sore throat. Not to mention I took it at night and I got terrible insomnia. I felt jittery and just absolutely horrible. I wish I read these reviews before taking it! No more Claritin D for me. Stick with the regular Claritin."

Adunne (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2014