User Reviews for Loratadine / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus, AllerClear D-24 Hour, Allergy & Congestion Relief, Allergy Relief D 24 Hour, Allergy Relief D12, Claritin-D, Claritin-D 12 Hour, Claritin-D 24 Hour, Clear-Atadine-D, Leader Allergy Relief D-24, Loratadine-D 12 Hour, Loratadine-D 24 Hour

Nasal Congestion
7.6

Allergic Rhinitis
4.7

Summary of Loratadine/pseudoephedrine reviews 6.8 60 reviews

Reviews for Loratadine/pseudoephedrine

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Works great only one I get anymore. Clears me up all day I forget I have a cold. The one one with psuedoephedrine you have to sign for only. It is a painful process to go thru but works the best. I have horrible sinuses all my life this stuff is such a miracle relief"

Pnutt July 2, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I love this product. It clears my congestion and in 30 minutes I can breath again. I prepare for the side effects and, for me, they are worth being able to get air up my nose. My day takes a 180 turn for the better. Oxygen level goes up. Life is good."

Bon (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took Claritin-D about five pm. At 11 pm I went to bed but my heart was racing, I was jittery, and absolutely wide awake. My mouth was so dry it was uncomfortable. Watched the sunrise. Was still jittery, irritable, and anxious throughout the entire next day. It was about nine pm (so over 24 hours later) that I started feeling back to normal. Absolutely horrible. If I hadn’t read the other comments on this site I would have probably gone to the ER. Will never pseudoephedrine again take again."

Vettegirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Took one pill around 5pm, slept poorly with frequent disruptive coughing from post nasal drip that didn't dry up. Still had considerable sinus pain so ended up taking a couple of Tylenol extra strength in the evening although my coughing kept my wife and I up. D2 - still on Tylenol and still coughing unproductively. Better product than Aerius but think I had quicker results from Claritin quick dissolve tabs."

DBV (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I used this before it went to over the counter. Indoor and outdoor allergies with previous sinus surgery. This works great for me. I do get the 12hour formula and make sure I take it before 6:00 am though. I also use the non decongestant form in the winter."

Bluebird May 7, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Took Claritin D yesterday at 9:00am and haven't slept since. Its 10:49am the next day and I'm miserable at work. Was wide awake all night. Thought I was going crazy until I found these reviews. Wish I checked this before buying it!"

sleepy (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I used the 12-hour version. It works, but not for 12 hours. Lasted only about 3 hours, then symptoms returned. So, having to wait until the 12 hours is up to take more really sucks. Needs to be an every 4 hours drug."

Chelle (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: "I took the Kroger version of the Clatirin D and I have slept only 4 hours in 2 days. The medicine definitely works for the post nasal drop and congestion but I cannot sleep!!! I'm going to try taking it at 5am instead of 5pm."

KM (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "It’s good, but I can’t sleep. Awake the entire night! I keep taking it so I can breathe but I never get any sleep. That’s one bad side effect! I’m so wide-awake that I can clean the entire house!"

Christine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have post nasal drip and swelling from mucus in my throat. I’ve had surgery which was only about 50% effective. I started taking Claritin d about 3 years ago and it helped open me up but made me to jittery and made my heart race. I needed the pseudoephedrine to open me up. I discovered if I cut it in half it doesn’t effect me as bad and it still works to open me up. I have to take it by 10 am so it doesn’t effect my sleep later. No other effects from this medicine"

Anonymous January 26, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Instead of going for my good old generic Sudafed-PE, I went for Claritin-D. Strike one. I got 24 hour relief ones. Strike two. I took the first (and only) pill at noon yesterday. It's past noon, and I had no sleep in the last 24 hours, I don't know how I am still awake. On the bright side, it does wonders to my post nasal drip, and stuffy nose. Still not worth it."

M_CU (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2018

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I am experiencing hoarseness, dry throat and lots of coughing , no sleep problem."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Big mistake taking my first Claritin D 24 at 7PM for sinus pressure from using a nasal decongestant the day before and getting a rebound effect of clogged breathing passages. Didn't sleep a wink all night!! My nasal passages are wide open though, so it works. However, insomnia is a real pain. It's 6AM and I feel like it should be 1AM bedtime. I'll be struggling through the day today. Restless In Philly."

Restless in Philly August 31, 2017

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Worked great for my sinus and allergies. Had head and throats issues so bad so the pharmacist recommended Claritin D 24 hr.... I made the mistake of taking it at noon and it is now 6am and I'm still awake. Wired and jittery and my anxiety is ragging. I can't stop still... not worth the lack of sleep."

Vegas88 August 23, 2017

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It worked for the allergies but I can not sleep. I took it early yesterday morning around 7 it is 1:15 am now. I tried melatonin and a Benadryl nothing! Never never again!"

JenBjim August 17, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "How I wish I had read this before taking this med. This is my third night without sleep. I had no idea this could be a side effect. It has cleared my nose but aggravated my migraine as I am not sleeping at all. I am not taking this med again. I guess I should have stuck with Allegra."

Sr30 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I'm 18 I have a severe sore throat to the point of my tonsils becoming inflamed and to add to that my ears started to hurt! So, I took Claritin D and I understand this is a decongestant so my ears were better but my throat was more dry (that's the side affect I found out later) and I'm up all night! was in bed from 10pm- 4am and now I have a 7 o clock flight great never again!!!"

Lingaq April 7, 2017

For Nasal Congestion: "This pill works very well. Will recommend and definitely use again."

J4gzus December 31, 2016

Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Worst pill i have ever took . After 14 hours after taking the pill . I feel tyred , muscles pain ... Same symptoms as whe you have flue . Didn't have any of these simpthoms before taking the pill . Just the rhinitis. Which by the way is still there but less simptomatic."

Dannie's v August 28, 2016

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Definitely helps with nasal allergy symptoms but the side effects are not worth it. Thankful to googling & finding this site because I thought I'ld have to take myself to the ER. Jittery, rapid heartbeat, anxiety either from Claritin or from worrying about the jittery uneasy feelings. Thanks to everyone who has shared here. I think I'll just suffer my allergy symptoms naturally."

Barbara in Los Angeles July 11, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "I found Alavert to be extremely affective with two side effects and depending on how bad you feel they might not bother you. I noticed I had a ton of energy and couldn't go to sleep so I found myself cleaning. My house is better because of it. I also found myself getting up to pee almost every hour once I feel asleep. All in all it relieved my headache, dizziness and nasal congestion."

Lala75 May 29, 2016

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I took Claritin D this morning because of severe nasal congestion, it was relieved after few hours but the side effects is not good, I can't sleep. I am so tired and want to rest but I am still wide awake until 1am. How I wish, I read the reviews first before taking it..so no more Claritin D...I will go back to Allegra."

Nhing May 8, 2016

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Super effective! I have been using it as needed for about three years now; however, tonight is the first night that it has ever kept me awake. I mean literally wide awake, cleaning my house at 3AM awake. Definitely worth it and clears up congestion instantly, but taking it in the late afternoon was a huge mistake!"

Kathryns12 April 26, 2016

Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for : "I've found this product helps to shrink the nasal passages to relieve some of the pressure, but not the headache the build up causes. They should consider including acetometophine (sp?) for the PAIN that the built up pressure can cause. In addition to taking the Alavert-D, I have to also take 2 Tylenol for the pain in order to get relief. Even with taking the Alavert-D and the pressure being released, the pain does not subside unless I take something for it."

Toni-D April 15, 2016

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "great at eliminating allergies, but also eliminates sleep. I haven't slept in 4 nights and after googling, now I see why! not worth it."

no allergies, but no sleep!!!! (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016