User Reviews for Loratadine / pseudoephedrine systemic

Also known as: Alavert D-12, Claritin-D 12 Hour, Claritin-D 24 Hour, Leader Allergy Relief D-24, Loratadine-D 12 Hour, Loratadine-D 24 Hour

Nasal Congestion
7.5

Allergic Rhinitis
4.4

Summary of Loratadine/pseudoephedrine reviews 6.5 69 reviews

Reviews for Loratadine/pseudoephedrine

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Definitely clears up the congestion and allergy symptoms which is why I'm giving it a 2. The side effects however, are terrible. It makes me so jittery and unable to sleep, it's not worth taking. It took me a few times to make the connection but now I know it's the Claritan D."

textodd (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Use to work like a charm for me. Now it doesn’t really begin to work until 3 days later. Anyways I just recently have a allergy flare up. And it didn’t begin to work until day 4. Basically I was doing Claritin D 24 every night with without any relief so I began taking a plain Claritin in the morning. Instant relief taking both butr I’m no sure it’s recommended. Anyways now my ear has been clogged for 3 days. Even after trying Claritin D , Flonase, saline spray, no relief. A doctor now has me on Sudafed for my ear clogging. Let’s see if this works"

Kay January 14, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Well, it definitely worked as far as my runny nose and nasal congestion went. It stopped all my allergy symptoms but It kept me up close to 48 hours. I didn't bother googling this until day two. I took the first pill around 6pm, was up all night and into the afternoon of the next day. My symptoms started to reappear just as I began to get a little sleepy at work so I took another one, somehow I still didn't quite connect my sleeplessness with the Claritin D. Well I was up the entire second night and while I was literally pacing I decided to google this and found that insomnia is a side effect of the pseudoephedrine. Didn't take the pill again and on the third day, around 2pm, I was ready to pass out. Literally, I had to catch a ride from work because I couldn't stay up."

Bmot (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This Claritin-D is good for nasal congestion and allergies. However, I have about 2-3hr sleep per night. The worst side effect is that it restricts urinary flow and it makes the urine cloudy. It caused blurry vision and raised blood pressure. (maybe due to the pseudoephedrine?) I thought I was having kidney failure with the restricted urination. Be careful when taking this medication."

Alligator60 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Amazing at clearing up symptoms. However, I took this at around 10 am with a coffee and was up all night. It’s 24 hours later and I’m still wide awake and jittery, even after popping a Valium around 2 am. I already have sleep/anxiety issues...so no more Claritin D for me. The nice thing is my house is spotless after going in to some kind of manic cleaning mode while hopped up on Claritin D."

Bruggs (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I took this at 10:00 am and it is now noon the next day and haven't slept at all. Will never take again, wish I had found this site before taking it. And the pharmacist said it could make me drowsy! Ha!!!"

Kristianne September 10, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "So I took this product for the first time and all I can say is they need to find away to create medicine that side effects aren't worse then what your using it to treat . I have major allergies but I'd rather suffer with a the stuffy runny nose sinus headache itchy watery eyes and cough then to ever take this medication again. It's just not worth all the side effects."

So sick of this (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Allergy Relief D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "My allergy symptoms have been coming and going for a couple of weeks now and very minimal. Taking the medication did help a little but it took quite a while for the symptoms to be alleviated. I have taken them again today first thing in the morning because I was feeling a little stuffy, nothing more than usual and my symptoms have worsened significantly through the morning and I have had absolutely ZERO relief. Eyes swelled and itchy, sneezing and nose constantly running and feeling the need to take it right off because so itchy!!! Despite supposedly giving 24 hour, I am going to have to take something else to make it through the rest of the day at work and be able to function properly!! Not impressed with what is claiming to give fast relief!!"

Jo (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: "It gives me relief my congestion and head pressure but gives me awful side effects scared to take again."

Huda (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Works great only one I get anymore. Clears me up all day I forget I have a cold. The one one with psuedoephedrine you have to sign for only. It is a painful process to go thru but works the best. I have horrible sinuses all my life this stuff is such a miracle relief"

Pnutt July 2, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I love this product. It clears my congestion and in 30 minutes I can breath again. I prepare for the side effects and, for me, they are worth being able to get air up my nose. My day takes a 180 turn for the better. Oxygen level goes up. Life is good."

Bon (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took Claritin-D about five pm. At 11 pm I went to bed but my heart was racing, I was jittery, and absolutely wide awake. My mouth was so dry it was uncomfortable. Watched the sunrise. Was still jittery, irritable, and anxious throughout the entire next day. It was about nine pm (so over 24 hours later) that I started feeling back to normal. Absolutely horrible. If I hadn’t read the other comments on this site I would have probably gone to the ER. Will never pseudoephedrine again take again."

Vettegirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Took one pill around 5pm, slept poorly with frequent disruptive coughing from post nasal drip that didn't dry up. Still had considerable sinus pain so ended up taking a couple of Tylenol extra strength in the evening although my coughing kept my wife and I up. D2 - still on Tylenol and still coughing unproductively. Better product than Aerius but think I had quicker results from Claritin quick dissolve tabs."

DBV (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I used this before it went to over the counter. Indoor and outdoor allergies with previous sinus surgery. This works great for me. I do get the 12hour formula and make sure I take it before 6:00 am though. I also use the non decongestant form in the winter."

Bluebird May 7, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Took Claritin D yesterday at 9:00am and haven't slept since. Its 10:49am the next day and I'm miserable at work. Was wide awake all night. Thought I was going crazy until I found these reviews. Wish I checked this before buying it!"

sleepy (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I used the 12-hour version. It works, but not for 12 hours. Lasted only about 3 hours, then symptoms returned. So, having to wait until the 12 hours is up to take more really sucks. Needs to be an every 4 hours drug."

Chelle (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: "I took the Kroger version of the Clatirin D and I have slept only 4 hours in 2 days. The medicine definitely works for the post nasal drop and congestion but I cannot sleep!!! I'm going to try taking it at 5am instead of 5pm."

KM (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "It’s good, but I can’t sleep. Awake the entire night! I keep taking it so I can breathe but I never get any sleep. That’s one bad side effect! I’m so wide-awake that I can clean the entire house!"

Christine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have post nasal drip and swelling from mucus in my throat. I’ve had surgery which was only about 50% effective. I started taking Claritin d about 3 years ago and it helped open me up but made me to jittery and made my heart race. I needed the pseudoephedrine to open me up. I discovered if I cut it in half it doesn’t effect me as bad and it still works to open me up. I have to take it by 10 am so it doesn’t effect my sleep later. No other effects from this medicine"

Anonymous January 26, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Instead of going for my good old generic Sudafed-PE, I went for Claritin-D. Strike one. I got 24 hour relief ones. Strike two. I took the first (and only) pill at noon yesterday. It's past noon, and I had no sleep in the last 24 hours, I don't know how I am still awake. On the bright side, it does wonders to my post nasal drip, and stuffy nose. Still not worth it."

M_CU (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2018

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I am experiencing hoarseness, dry throat and lots of coughing , no sleep problem."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Big mistake taking my first Claritin D 24 at 7PM for sinus pressure from using a nasal decongestant the day before and getting a rebound effect of clogged breathing passages. Didn't sleep a wink all night!! My nasal passages are wide open though, so it works. However, insomnia is a real pain. It's 6AM and I feel like it should be 1AM bedtime. I'll be struggling through the day today. Restless In Philly."

Restless in Philly August 31, 2017

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Worked great for my sinus and allergies. Had head and throats issues so bad so the pharmacist recommended Claritin D 24 hr.... I made the mistake of taking it at noon and it is now 6am and I'm still awake. Wired and jittery and my anxiety is ragging. I can't stop still... not worth the lack of sleep."

Vegas88 August 23, 2017

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It worked for the allergies but I can not sleep. I took it early yesterday morning around 7 it is 1:15 am now. I tried melatonin and a Benadryl nothing! Never never again!"

JenBjim August 17, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "How I wish I had read this before taking this med. This is my third night without sleep. I had no idea this could be a side effect. It has cleared my nose but aggravated my migraine as I am not sleeping at all. I am not taking this med again. I guess I should have stuck with Allegra."

Sr30 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017