User Reviews for Loratadine / pseudoephedrine to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Also known as: Claritin-D, Claritin-D 24 Hour, Claritin-D 12 Hour, Loratadine-D 24 Hour, AllerClear D-24 Hour, Loratadine-D 12 Hour, Clear-Atadine-D, Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus, Allergy Relief D12, Leader Allergy Relief D-24, Allergy & Congestion Relief, Allergy Relief D 24 Hour …show all brand names

Loratadine / pseudoephedrine has an average rating of 3.8 out of 10 from a total of 27 ratings for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis. 19% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 59% reported a negative effect.

Loratadine/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

3.8/10 average rating

Compare all 271 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Loratadine / pseudoephedrine

Jeff E September 29, 2013

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “On its effectiveness, I rate it a 10, because it will completely eradicate all your allergy symptoms. However, the undesirable side effects lower the rating to a 3. It will keep you up ALL NIGHT LONG. It also made me jittery and nervous, as if I'd drank a dozen cups of coffee. ”

EP April 24, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “I took the Claritin-D pill at 3pm and right now it’s 5:29 am..... I cannot fall asleep! Feeling anxious, even trying to force my sleep I can’t, Took a sleeping aid and nothing, I feel like my breathing cuts off.. also i took the 24hr one.. BAD IDEA! I read people here took the 12 hr and can’t sleep... I guess I’ll be like this for 3 days, . If you have allergies or congestion just buy the reg ones not the D! And use saline spray for the nose.”

Court · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “AWFUL. Immediately after I took it I felt nauseous, an extreme sadness, dizzy and anxious. A few hours later my mood went back up but then I became jittery and had insomnia. Didn’t get a single hour of sleep. I DO NOT recommend.”

textodd · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Definitely clears up the congestion and allergy symptoms which is why I'm giving it a 2. The side effects however, are terrible. It makes me so jittery and unable to sleep, it's not worth taking. It took me a few times to make the connection but now I know it's the Claritan D.”

Bruggs · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Amazing at clearing up symptoms. However, I took this at around 10 am with a coffee and was up all night. It’s 24 hours later and I’m still wide awake and jittery, even after popping a Valium around 2 am. I already have sleep/anxiety issues...so no more Claritin D for me. The nice thing is my house is spotless after going in to some kind of manic cleaning mode while hopped up on Claritin D.”

Vettegirl · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “I took Claritin-D about five pm. At 11 pm I went to bed but my heart was racing, I was jittery, and absolutely wide awake. My mouth was so dry it was uncomfortable. Watched the sunrise. Was still jittery, irritable, and anxious throughout the entire next day. It was about nine pm (so over 24 hours later) that I started feeling back to normal. Absolutely horrible. If I hadn’t read the other comments on this site I would have probably gone to the ER. Will never pseudoephedrine again take again.”

T. · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2020

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Like many have said, it definitely cleared up the horrible sinus pressure I was having but the trade off was spending the entire day feeling 10x more miserable because of the crazy side effects. It made me feel drowsy, woozy, and extremely nauseous while also feeling anxious, unable to concentrate and unable to sleep all at the same time. I also had a sensation of pressure on my chest and feeling like my heart was racing. Never again.”

Texas19612520 March 19, 2011

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “I have suffered from sinus, allergies for at least five years. Just recently fluid behind my ear drumt made me dizzy. After five days of taking this no sinus no allergies and no dizziness. Been to ENT, been to allergist and used their high dollar medicines, none really helped. This on the 5th day is the best day I have had in a long long long time. Great medicine just hope it keeps on working. So far no side effects.”

Alligator60 · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “This Claritin-D is good for nasal congestion and allergies. However, I have about 2-3hr sleep per night. The worst side effect is that it restricts urinary flow and it makes the urine cloudy. It caused blurry vision and raised blood pressure. (maybe due to the pseudoephedrine?) I thought I was having kidney failure with the restricted urination. Be careful when taking this medication.”

Vegas88 August 23, 2017

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Worked great for my sinus and allergies. Had head and throats issues so bad so the pharmacist recommended Claritin D 24 hr.... I made the mistake of taking it at noon and it is now 6am and I'm still awake. Wired and jittery and my anxiety is ragging. I can't stop still... not worth the lack of sleep.”

sleepy · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Took Claritin D yesterday at 9:00am and haven't slept since. Its 10:49am the next day and I'm miserable at work. Was wide awake all night. Thought I was going crazy until I found these reviews. Wish I checked this before buying it!”

Mandy · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “I tried this for my bad allergies. It did help with my nose itching. I had bad side effects that outweighed any benefits. I have been antsy, dizzy, my heart has been pounding, nauseated, and overall just not feeling well. I can’t wait for it to be out of my system. I won't take it again.”

So sick of this · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2018

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “So I took this product for the first time and all I can say is they need to find away to create medicine that side effects aren't worse then what your using it to treat . I have major allergies but I'd rather suffer with a the stuffy runny nose sinus headache itchy watery eyes and cough then to ever take this medication again. It's just not worth all the side effects.”

First time user. September 1, 2009

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “I took this at 7 am to try and fix itchy eyes. So far, 4 hours later, there is still slight itchiness and wateriness. Worse is the side-effects. I feel slightly jittery, yet mentally it feels like I've taken a tranquillizer. I don't feel I'm safe to drive. Basically if you are a first time user of the 24 hour version, don't try it on a day you have to use a car.”

Tennismom · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 10, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Have terrible post nasal drip. Claritan is the only thing that works. No generics as good. Do find that the med works half the time it says it does;12 hr works for 6, 24 ? About 8. I take 12 hr twice a day in spring and fall. Deal with the hrs it's not working. Doesn't interfere with my sleep.”

Patc0001 September 14, 2009

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Works great most of the time. The problem is the price is going up and up. The other problem is the restriction on the amount that can be purchased at one time. I take one everyday but I can only buy 15 at a time and only 30 in a month. It's hard to believe that the sale of the medicine has to be controlled. On the last day of the month I have to wait until the next day to buy the med - so stupid. Especially when traveling and I can't purchase some in advance. It should be prescription again so I can receive 30 at one time.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 10, 2019

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “My experiences have been hit or miss. Sometimes I will take Claritin D and immediately feel better. Other times like this one now that has led me to this thread... I have had congestion and watery eyes for 24 hours. Now after taking Claritin D my nose won’t stop running and my eyes are even worse. This has happened before so I will be switching allergy medications soon.”

Sammy · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2021

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Took it for a severe seasonal allergy attack about 9:30 this morning. It knocked out the allergies but knocked me out also. It’s 3:55 and I just woke up but my head is foggy, body is wobbly, and I can hear the blood pulsing through my head. Probably about to go back to sleep, staying awake is taking too much effort. Too strong for me. Husband takes it regularly with no side effects.”

CM's Mom · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2013

“My 13-yr old has seasonal allergies (Spring) which, of course, vary each year. This year is worse - more congestion, coughing and itchy throat. Normally Claritin does the trick but tried Claritin-D 24 hr. Helped with the additional symptoms but on the second day my child had trouble sleeping, complained that heart beat was faster, was anxious. After reading other reviews of loratadine/pseudoephedrine realized these are indeed side effects and will have go back to regular Claritin (without the pseudoephedrine).”

Dannie's v August 28, 2016

Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Worst pill i have ever took . After 14 hours after taking the pill . I feel tyred , muscles pain ... Same symptoms as whe you have flue . Didn't have any of these simpthoms before taking the pill . Just the rhinitis. Which by the way is still there but less simptomatic.”

Sr30 · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2017

“How I wish I had read this before taking this med. This is my third night without sleep. I had no idea this could be a side effect. It has cleared my nose but aggravated my migraine as I am not sleeping at all. I am not taking this med again. I guess I should have stuck with Allegra.”

sweetpea June 26, 2019

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Doctor recommended Claritin Doctor recommended Claritin D because of constant post nasal drip and burning pain in chest. After taking two weeks the drip did not stop, the chest pain got worse and experienced more episodes of irregular heart beats. No more Claritin D for me. ”

DBV · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2018

“Took one pill around 5pm, slept poorly with frequent disruptive coughing from post nasal drip that didn't dry up. Still had considerable sinus pain so ended up taking a couple of Tylenol extra strength in the evening although my coughing kept my wife and I up. D2 - still on Tylenol and still coughing unproductively. Better product than Aerius but think I had quicker results from Claritin quick dissolve tabs.”

Jo · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2018

Allergy Relief D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “My allergy symptoms have been coming and going for a couple of weeks now and very minimal. Taking the medication did help a little but it took quite a while for the symptoms to be alleviated. I have taken them again today first thing in the morning because I was feeling a little stuffy, nothing more than usual and my symptoms have worsened significantly through the morning and I have had absolutely ZERO relief. Eyes swelled and itchy, sneezing and nose constantly running and feeling the need to take it right off because so itchy!!! Despite supposedly giving 24 hour, I am going to have to take something else to make it through the rest of the day at work and be able to function properly!! Not impressed with what is claiming to give fast relief!!”

Kat4 August 31, 2015

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine): “Sneezing, itchy eyes and runny nose, terrible allergy attack. Normally I take benadryl or one with dyphenhydramine in it but I didn't want to be tired all day so I took Claritin-D 12 hour. BIG MISTAKE! It took 5 hours before it even started easing my allergy symptoms and it still hasn't completely gotten rid of them but I am stuck not being able to take anything else for another 6 1/2 hours. I would never recommend this!”

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis