User Reviews for Pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Afrinol, Allermed, Cenafed, Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant, Chlor-Trimeton Nasal Decongestant, Contac Cold, Decofed, Decofed Liquid, Drixoral Decongestant Non-Drowsy, Drixoral Non-Drowsy, Efidac, ElixSure Congestion, Elixsure Decongestant, Entex, Genaphed, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Pseudoephedrine.

Nasal Congestion 34 reviews 588 medications

7.6
Summary of Pseudoephedrine reviews 34 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Pseudoephedrine

For Nasal Congestion: "Very effective for nasal congestion. Took 1 tablet on an empty stomach coz it was 5am in the morning and I couldnt sleep as my nose and ears were blocked. Effect took place in 5 - 10 minutes. I think it works better than chlorpheniramine for me."

littlewolf21 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2016

Nexafed (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "The only noticeable effect was that it made me extremely sleepy. Did not work in the slightest."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "Had a very bad reaction to this medication. When I take it about 4 hours later my hands get extremely itchy. The next day I get little water like blister things under my skin and a few days later my skin starts to peel off. No one can explain this which is frustrating because in Canada there is only one old cold tablet I can take that doesn't have this decongestant in it. Has anyone else had the reaction to the product?"

Debchu May 6, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "30 minutes after taking experienced increased heart rate, tingling all over body, cold extremities tingling of tongue. Thankfully symptoms settled after 2 hours"

District999 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "The only thing that works for me. Too bad they make you feel like a criminal when you go to buy it and make you take way more trips to the store than necessary because you can only buy so many at a time. If people want to use it to make meth and kill themselves let them (they're doing it anyway regardless of this stupid law) I just want to be able to buy it in bulk or online to save myself time and money since I use it regularly. I noticed lately is every store I go to is out of the generic 12-hour. Every pharmacy, grocery store, etc, no matter which one, and I have to buy the name brand for 50% more money. It's bad enough the price is already higher than it should be due to these loser meth addicts, now I have to buy name brand!!!"

realmavisbean February 16, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "I would not recommend this medication. It only makes you feel worse. I am much more congested then I was before."

1038538 February 15, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "I had a terrible experience with this medicine and I do not recommend at all. Instead of helping you to decongest, it just makes you more congested. It stops the phlegm from being coughed up which it would make you feel worst. The minute I stopped taking the medicine I started be able get rid of the phlegm. Same as the majority of medicines over the counter, they are just a temporary help - but on them long they make more damage to you."

Cachito Congested December 26, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: "Currently taking pseudoephedrine for chronic sinus migraines and ear congestion whilst waiting for a specialist appointment. I have found it the most effective pain relief for the sinus migraines and I have tried everything - hot compresses, inhaling steam, saline sprays, nasal sprays, antihistamines, decongestants, panadeine, ibuprofen, codeine. It is not clearing up the source of the problem but does provide some relief."

Anonymous November 23, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: "My doctor says this medicine is not for ear pressure, but it sure helps me. I battle allergies all year long, but eliminating gluten has helped tremendously. I now take 1/4 tablet in the morning and again in the afternoon if needed. I NEVER take the full tablet. If my symptoms are really bad, I take 1/2 tablet more frequently, rather than a full tablet as directed. It can cause a racing heart and insomnia, so decrease dosage and only take what you need to take the edge off of your symptoms. Trust your body (often times more than your doctor)."

PamHH September 19, 2015

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "sorry sudafed no stars as no change! Back to hot steamy water with albas oil ! That worked"

Raps August 12, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: "Apparently I have taken this drug longer than I realized. I was prescribed the Drixoral version of this more than 30yrs ago in the military. It worked for me then and works today. I have suffered Hay Fever and many allergies my entire life. Please everyone remember this drug is like all others, simply put, it works for some and can actually be detrimental to the health of others! This drug is not really meant for your flu like colds, it can help with some of the symptoms but truly works best for straightforward sinus problems. I have tried the 1 a day pills and if they worked it would be 2 to 4 hours of relief and then a similar time of eyes watering, nose running until it released more into my system. Long live SudoGest(prescription only)!"

Chef Jon (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: "For me, it didn't work. I didn't have any noticeable difference in my congestion, etc. I get a very bad stuffed every time I have a cold particularly at night. This didn't help me and it made me feel very nauseous which is not a pleasant side effect when the aim of this is to relieve discomfort."

Anonymous June 28, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: "Best nasal decongestant out there. As long as you don't have high blood pressure. I get terrible sinus headaches, and pseudoephedrine helps tremendously with these headaches."

LilBit-SC (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: "30 mg really helps clear up my sinuses. I've probably prevented two or three sinus infections by taking this medicine as soon as I start to feel congested. The only downside is that it makes me a little bit nauseous."

Ni_Te (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "When I had a really bad ear and sinus infection I went to go see the best ear and head doctor. He told me to take Sudafed so I did and it was like magic. It helped so much, 15 mins, I was clear so its worth the try if you have any sinus problems try Sudafed. It works!"

Makeupbykat December 2, 2014

For Nasal Congestion: "Great for the annoying hayfever/runny nose through the year - once I feel my nose close up I pop a pill and I'm actually able to BREATHE and hear properly (deaf as well). Couple times I've been told to take the Phenylephrine version at the pharmacy, but told them sorry it doesn't even work so stop."

Daryo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2014

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Worked for me, recommend for everyone."

ramon68 November 14, 2014

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "After taking one dose of the Sudafed 24 it started to help me but it only lasted 8 hours. So I waited a full 24 hours before I took a second dose and it made me feel jittery and my heart was racing. Tried to eat and drink something but it didn%u2019t help. "

Tracy23 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2014

For Nasal Congestion: "The medicine is very effective to relieve the nasal congestion like within 20 mins. But it causes disturbed sleep and keep you alert. Nobody discussed in the above given comments that it badly affects erection so adults should be careful. This effect started with the 2nd dose of medicine in my case."

radsaeed March 12, 2014

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "It makes me shake too much. Do not like the way my body feels after taking."

busterandpatches December 19, 2013

For Nasal Congestion: "I had a horrible reaction to pseudoephrine. I sweated profusely after taking it for a week. It got worse every day. I didn't take it at night as I was warned it would cause insomnia..it did help my sinus infection along with Bactrin."

Sweet Pye (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2013

Nexafed (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I found this to work very well for my nasal congestion. Under 15 minutes and I'm 98% clear for 8 hours allowing me to continue my workday. It works better and faster than other over the counter medicine I've tried. "

Lovewik (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2013

For Nasal Congestion: "I"ve had the tubes in my ear previously and didn't want to go through that experience again. I wish my doctor would have just prescribed this medicine instead of a nasal spray. I've had a clogged ear for almost a year now, on and off. I bought some Sudafed over the counter. Outside of having to give my ID, I had no issues. I took it and a few hours later, my ear has cleared up! Thank you very much for the helpful advice."

Tanya26 July 30, 2013

Sudafed 24-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "This is supposed to last 24 hours but it didn't for me, I got 9 hours of relief. I like the original little red pills that lasted 4 to 6 hours. "

shilayne (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2012

SudoGest (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Helped my lung congestion; took 3 times a day. Good medicine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2012