User Reviews for Pseudoephedrine (Page 2)

Also known as: Sudafed Congestion, Sudafed 12-Hour, SudoGest, Entex, Sudafed 24-Hour, Nexafed Nasal Decongestant, Silfedrine, Contac Cold, Suphedrine, Chlor-Trimeton Nasal Decongestant, Efidac, Elixsure Decongestant, 12 Hour Decongestant, nasofed, Suphedrin, Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant, Allermed, Novafed, Cenafed, Genaphed, Afrinol Zephrex-D Decofed Liquid Decofed Drixoral Decongestant Non-Drowsy SudoGest 12 Hour 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant …show all brand names

Nasal Congestion
6.6

Reviews for Pseudoephedrine

Chef Jon · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: “Apparently I have taken this drug longer than I realized. I was prescribed the Drixoral version of this more than 30yrs ago in the military. It worked for me then and works today. I have suffered Hay Fever and many allergies my entire life. Please everyone remember this drug is like all others, simply put, it works for some and can actually be detrimental to the health of others! This drug is not really meant for your flu like colds, it can help with some of the symptoms but truly works best for straightforward sinus problems. I have tried the 1 a day pills and if they worked it would be 2 to 4 hours of relief and then a similar time of eyes watering, nose running until it released more into my system. Long live SudoGest(prescription only)!”

Magetha · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2019

Nexafed Nasal Decongestant (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “Nexafed is pretty useless in relieving symptoms of nasal congestion. A pharmacist gave this to my husband for me and I might as well take nothing. I’m a registered nurse and would never recommend this medication to my family or friends. Tomorrow I will go to the pharmacy and purchase proper Sudafed. I need relief to get through my day to care for my patients. Nexafed is no better than a placebo.”

Wilkometre June 5, 2017

Sudafed 12-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “120mg of pseudoephedrine in one tablet is quite a lot and to be honest I needed to have a valium just to stop the jitters and extreme energy this tablet packs - I'm from Australia where codeine is sold over the counter and you can still get 120mg of pseudo in a tablet and it was definitely a case of the pharmacist making me out to be a criminal out to make meth....HOWEVER. IT WORKS!!!!! amazingly. Absolutely no congestion, I could breathe well and I had no issues with a runny nose. Again, downside was I felt like I was legitimately tweaking a bit, but other than that okay. Definitely for a few days' use at a time only”

Daryo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 25, 2014

For Nasal Congestion: “Great for the annoying hayfever/runny nose through the year - once I feel my nose close up I pop a pill and I'm actually able to BREATHE and hear properly (deaf as well). Couple times I've been told to take the Phenylephrine version at the pharmacy, but told them sorry it doesn't even work so stop.”

Kilo Echo March 13, 2017

For Nasal Congestion: “Yes. Pseudoephedrine will make it easier to breathe, but if you don't read the fine print, you'll also find out that it makes it harder to pee, makes you jittery, and can make you restless. So, if you need to take it for a day or two - you should. But not for any longer.”

littlewolf21 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 30, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: “Very effective for nasal congestion. Took 1 tablet on an empty stomach coz it was 5am in the morning and I couldnt sleep as my nose and ears were blocked. Effect took place in 5 - 10 minutes. I think it works better than chlorpheniramine for me.”

Janet R. · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2016

Nexafed Nasal Decongestant (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I don't write reviews normally, but I wondered if others had the same experience that I did. I had to buy this because my local pharmacy here in WV stopped carrying everything but this. It cost me nearly $8, and I may as well have not taken anything. In fact, my pharmacist, who knows my severe sinus issues was very apologetic and told me the stuff didn't work very well, but that's all that they were allowed to sell. I'm a retired high school science teacher, and I really have to wonder about this product. If meth users can't "cook" out the suphedrine due to a binding agent, then how is it supposed to effectively breakdown in my system? Shame on you, pharmacy companies for punishing those of us who use a product made for us correctly.”

Farida · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

Sudafed 12-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I have been suffering from a post cold congested sinus and took two caplets of Panadol Sinus which has 30 mg of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and 10 minutes later my heart beats went crazy... glad that was during the day since I also suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome at night... but it helped my sinus congestion”

High Flyee · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2021

SudoGest 12 Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “I have used sudafed products off and on for decades to relieve nasal congestion. I saw SudoGest at Cosco at a price well below what I usually expect to pay so I bought several boxes. I began having significant congestion last week and began taking the tablets. I am very familiar with the effects sudafed products have on me, the obvious one being drying sinuses. This product has not provided any relief and I am beginning to wonder if it is low quality or quantity. In any case, it's back to Walgreens tomorrow.”

Ni_Te · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: “30 mg really helps clear up my sinuses. I've probably prevented two or three sinus infections by taking this medicine as soon as I start to feel congested. The only downside is that it makes me a little bit nauseous.”

Chip March 13, 2018

Sudafed 12-Hour (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “Had sinus surgery a year ago and now have constant post nasal drip and congestion. I found that Sudafed was the only product that gives me long lasting relief. But I get bad restless leg syndrome when I try to sleep. How Can I avoid that and still take the med.”

Humby · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: “I had horrible congestion feeling like my head was blown up and I was having forehead and upper jaw pains I took sudafed and it brought amazing relief but the side affects were brutal causing me to panic but after all was done. It worked”

Debchu May 6, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: “Had a very bad reaction to this medication. When I take it about 4 hours later my hands get extremely itchy. The next day I get little water like blister things under my skin and a few days later my skin starts to peel off. No one can explain this which is frustrating because in Canada there is only one old cold tablet I can take that doesn't have this decongestant in it. Has anyone else had the reaction to the product?”

Anonymous March 18, 2012

For Nasal Congestion: “Within 20 mins my nose was clear and my cough had subsided. On the other hand you have to drink plenty of water to keep from getting too dry and my heart was racing which wasn't to bad. All in all did the job.”

Cachito Congested December 26, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: “I had a terrible experience with this medicine and I do not recommend at all. Instead of helping you to decongest, it just makes you more congested. It stops the phlegm from being coughed up which it would make you feel worst. The minute I stopped taking the medicine I started be able get rid of the phlegm. Same as the majority of medicines over the counter, they are just a temporary help - but on them long they make more damage to you.”

Hello112233 · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: “I took Telfast D, 1 tablet twice a day, 120mg of pseud. I was fine at night, but just an hour after I took my 2nd dose in the morning, got nausea, lightheadedness, feel my heart was racing - heart palpitations approx 100bpm. This went on for hours. I threw up the meds. I got better after I took a short nap a couple hours later. I stopped taking but next morning - lightheadedness, nausea, heart palpitations, I gagged but didn't throw up, I went A&E. ECG test normal. 120bpm. Trembling, jittery, cold and anxious. Very similar to an anxiety attack. Doctor said pseudo caused my heart palpitations as a side effect. It didn't even help me at all with my nasal congestion in the first place.”

Sweet Pye · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2013

For Nasal Congestion: “I had a horrible reaction to pseudoephrine. I sweated profusely after taking it for a week. It got worse every day. I didn't take it at night as I was warned it would cause insomnia..it did help my sinus infection along with Bactrin.”

Rena111 August 23, 2017

Nexafed Nasal Decongestant (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “This product seemed to work for my nasal congestion but it made me EXTREMELY sleepy. I have never experienced drowsiness with Sudafed or its generic. I took one 30mg Nexafed pill at 8 pm and I actually had to take 2.5 hours off of work in the morning because I could not function! I didn't feel myself again until 10 am. I suppose if I took the medication very early in the evening, I might be able to wake up in the morning. But having young children, I must be present for nighttime routines and I can never guarantee that my sleep will not be interrupted. For now, Nexafed simply will not work for me. I will be returning it to the pharmacy and will have to find a new pharmacy to shop from as my mine is currently only carrying this new product.”

Seriously?! January 21, 2011

Children's Dimetapp Decongestant Infant (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “****** The product is called "infant drops". Are there really infants that drive heavy machinery or get pregnant?! I know this is boilerplate language, but it calls into question EVERYTHING on the page.”

stuffy! May 6, 2008

“I had sinus surgery about 5 years ago, but with my allergies I still have to take this occasionally. I can take it before I go to bed and sleep all night. I can take it in the morning and stay awake all day. Plus I can finally breathe!!”

Anonymous June 28, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: “For me, it didn't work. I didn't have any noticeable difference in my congestion, etc. I get a very bad stuffed every time I have a cold particularly at night. This didn't help me and it made me feel very nauseous which is not a pleasant side effect when the aim of this is to relieve discomfort.”

tsteele93 · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2017

For Nasal Congestion: “The new version does not dry me up, this dries my sinuses and stops the runny nose that is so annoying with some headcolds. So annoying that they have renamed Sudafed and tried to pull the wool over our eyes, this is the one that works.”

whgrant March 13, 2010

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “One of the best and most effective decongestants around.”

busterandpatches December 19, 2013

Sudafed Congestion (pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: “It makes me shake too much. Do not like the way my body feels after taking.”

LilBit-SC · Taken for 10 years or more May 31, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: “Best nasal decongestant out there. As long as you don't have high blood pressure. I get terrible sinus headaches, and pseudoephedrine helps tremendously with these headaches.”