User Reviews for Afrin

Nasal Congestion 34 reviews 590 medications

4.1
Summary of Afrin reviews 34 reviews 4.1

Reviews for Afrin

For Nasal Congestion "I'm really surprised at how many people complain about the cap. I bought 2 bottle (because my whole family uses it) and got the tape and red cap off without a hitch. I just followed the picture on the side of the box....any way I love this product. Good luck everyone!"

Ashleymj April 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Picture this. You have a new bottle of Afrin in the medicine cabinet. It's 2:00 AM and you have a stuffy nose. You wake up and go open the Afrin package to find that it is VERY tightly sealed. So, you use some nearby scissors to cut the tape and instead you cut yourself. After a few minutes and some blood on your hands you manage to get the tape off only to find a complex system for the nozzle of the bottle. Still half asleep you try and get it to work but fail. You miss the old Vicks spray that had very simple nozzle, throw-away the Afrin and then vow to yourself to remember the name "Afrin" so that you never by the product again. You wonder if a lawyer was responsible for human factors design for Afrin, then try to go back to sleep"

Bobby_Co March 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Afrin is easy to use and effective, it helps me breath again. All you have to do to open it is push and turn, I do not understand why these people think it is hard to open."

Anonymous March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "After many long frustrating attempts by many people to open the blasted bottle, I read another review that said to turn it upside down and push with all your might, so I turned it upside down, pushed the cap *into* the neck of the bottle and squeezed the bottle so hard I worried it might burst, and it *Finally* opened. Then I was afraid to close it, worried that I wouldn't be able to reproduce the miraculous feat of opening it. This is NOT a 'childproof' cap. This IS the medicine bottle equivelence of Fort Knox. The effort wasted on trying to get it open is unreasonable. Shame on Bayer. As a physician, I used to recommend Afrin for nasal congestion. Not anymore."

FedUpDoc March 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Take a pair of pliers after you purchase a new bottle and crack the red casing off. Clear top underneath will open and you will be able to breathe again."

Capbuster February 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Awful experience!! Couldn't get the cap off so I spent 30 minutes trying to get it off. After 30 mins and a bloody cut up thumb I finally just grabbed my old bottle of nostrilla (which I would have much rather bought but couldn't find any at the store. For anyone reading this nostrilla is a 10/10 for me!!) Punctured a whole in the afrin bottle and squeezed the stuff into the nostrilla bottle... so nostrilla you the real MVP!!"

Anonymous February 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Just like everyone else, can't get the cap off. Ridiculous. We'll see if it clears me up. I will probably go get something else since this just seems like a mess"

sara12345678980 February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "DO NOT EVER BUY AFRIN NASAL SPRAY. Until Bayer gets themselves together and makes a cap that actually comes off, do not waste your time and money with this product."

Anonymous February 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "The cap is hella hard to get off smh. But! This stuff isn't total rubbish. It actually works very well."

saucyj_4life February 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "I guess Bayer dosen't give a damn about its consumers. There still selling the afrin with the bottle that can't be opened."

Teddy Beara February 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "This company should be sued they sell nasal spray that you can't even open to use! Waste of money. My husband is ridiculous enough to buy this nasal spray again when we knew we always have a hard time opening the damn thing. And the nasal spray itself isn't as effective it doesn't spray it squirts lots of liquid when you give it a quick squeeze. Terrible"

Tiger645699 January 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Medication works great for nasal congestion. Now, trying to take off the lid is a different story, I almost returned it. After 3 mins a fellow coworker finally got the lid off. I understand child proofing but, this is ridiculous!!"

Marie/7 January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Seriously this product packaging is completely defective. Exhausted (and of course can't breathe) after hours of three people trying to get the new childproof cap off. Apparently the cap is vacuum locked on and you have to turn the bottle upside down and apply all your weight on it and turn and if you're lucky it will release and open. Absolutely a defective design."

Denise1973 January 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Shameful!! You sell medication that can't be used because Bayer chose to save money using a defective bottle that won't open. Clearly no quality control or concern for consumers--even if they are strong healthy drilling rig operators."

Jcamillegray January 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "What have they done?! They used a very cheap manufactured plastic bottle which can't be opened and used until drill a hole into it which leads to waste half the liquid, secondly its use makes your congestion worst completely blocked after its temorary effect is gone, you end up having no choice but become an addicted to its use.. never recommend it to anyone"

Camerone December 31, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Twice now - more fool me - I have bought the original nasal spray and had the top take everything off when I opened it, rendering the product USELESS. It's annoying you can't rely on what was once a strong brand."

OConnellNYC December 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "I can't open this bottle and will probably have to return it. It is so frustrating. It looks like many people are having this problem with the Afrin childproof caps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Would be nice to know if it works but can't open it! So many reviews saying how difficult it is to open, and no changes... stupid!"

cant open December 17, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "I had the worst time trying to get the cap off. Its child proof and adult proof. I had to end up cutting the cap off. This my first time using. It seem to be working and I just used it less than 5 minutes ago. Well one side of my nostrils is open."

Cap failed (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "This medicine should be ILLEGAL. It is extremely adicting and within only about 2 days of taking it your symptoms will be 5 times worse. I have been unable to breathe without this medication for around 4 years now. Tried many times to get off it but with no luck. I'm simply convinced that it has damaged my sinuses beyond repair. I'm begging you DO NOT take this. It may work wonders at first but within a day your nose will be completely blocked again and you will have to rely on the medicine again. It's a vicious circle."

Throwawayname December 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Would not have bought a new bottle if I had known the new safety cap was nearly impossible to open. Will not buy again until the cap is redesigned"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Works but I guess I used it too often and it made my nose bleed badly. The child proof cap is terribly designed and obviously not tested before hand. I had to use pliers to open the bottle and that still took time. I'm looking for another brand because of this."

Brianaleah28 (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "This childproof cap is not operable, I followed your instructions and wound up cutting the dam cap off. The good news for you is a child won't ingest your product and you won't get sued. The bad news is a pissed off adult might cut their hand with a knife and switch products. Good job product safety !!!"

Not happy with packaging (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "I bought a squeeze bottle 2 days ago and used it twice before the bottle opened at the seam and leaked all the solution everywhere. This is no longer a quality product and I will be using alternatives."

Nothappyafrinuser (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nasal Congestion "Great product ....literally can't remove safety cap. It should be replaced asap or I'm sure customers will switch to a new brand. Great product....can't get it out of bottle."

Ski Nose June 7, 2016