User Reviews for Afrin

Nasal Congestion 12 reviews 590 medications

6.8
Summary of Afrin reviews 12 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Afrin

For Nasal Congestion "This childproof cap is not operable, I followed your instructions and wound up cutting the dam cap off. The good news for you is a child won't ingest your product and you won't get sued. The bad news is a pissed off adult might cut their hand with a knife and switch products. Good job product safety !!!"

Not happy with packaging (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "I bought a squeeze bottle 2 days ago and used it twice before the bottle opened at the seam and leaked all the solution everywhere. This is no longer a quality product and I will be using alternatives."

Nothappyafrinuser (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Great product ....literally can't remove safety cap. It should be replaced asap or I'm sure customers will switch to a new brand. Great product....can't get it out of bottle."

Ski Nose June 7, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "The safety cap is very difficult to open. Tried for a half hour. Finally got it open...don't push down too hard!"

Ryan B April 8, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "I had the same issue as KimmerD30. I love Afrin but after about a month from the purchase date, it takes on a mildewy smell even though the expiration date is at least a year away. It makes me nervous about continuing to use it once this happens. I keep the bottle on my nightstand so temperature is not an issue. Does anybody know what causes this and is it still safe to use once this happens?"

KT77 February 27, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "My new Dr. Recommend I use afin for my sinus congestion, the first time my nose and my throat burned and stinging. Now my throat is sore and I lost my voice. It made my illness worse. I was better of using saline."

Jeanne1963 January 21, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "I have been a satisfied Afrin loyalist for years, but as of today will no longer be able to say the same because the bottles are now outfitted with what appear to be new child protection safety caps, AND THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO OPEN. Impossible. After removing the disposable outer plastic seal (not new), I and another perfectly able adult tried and tried to turn and remove the nozzle cap, without success. Meaning, this new design isn't just a minor hindrance or annoyance; we were NEVER able to open and use the product. It will have to be returned for refund. Disappointing!"

StuffyNosedBW January 17, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Works when nothing else will. Every time."

eli2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2015

For Nasal Congestion "I have used Afrin for years. Until yesterday, I would have given a much higher review. In the months since last needed it, I found that I had to have it removed from a security box at the register and, in addition to safety seal, one is now required to battle a new safety design to remove the top. I have arthritis and a torn ligament in my hand. I concede victory to the bottle and will switch to a different brand. Parents, if you have young children, please put all medications - including Afrin -out of reach. If you have teenagers, please tell them not to make meth..."

Gillespiegirl November 7, 2015

For Nasal Congestion "This is my favorite cold/sinus medicine. It allows me to sleep at night. Doesn't give me that stuffed up feeling other medicines do."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

For Nasal Congestion "I get recurrent sinus infections and oral medications make me too jittery. This nasal spray within a few minutes has me breathing through my nose again and helps relieve the pressure in my sinuses. My only complaint is the horrible burning and stinging felt when sprayed. Its worth it though."

Anonymous March 2, 2012

For Nasal Congestion "I first found Afrin while in Vegas. I was super stuffed up, worse than ever before. I tried out the Severe Congestion version and it cleared me up almost instantly, it was awesome. This version has a Vicks type chemical which burns big time but only for a moment. The original formula is not like that but works well but not as quick, 5-10 minutes maximum. I have been taking it daily for a year and have had no issues. After reading these articles, I will consult with my doctor. The only side effect I have experienced is the same with every sinus spray, the rebound effect has made the symptoms a little bit worse. "

Anonymous May 28, 2011