User Reviews for Unisom SleepTabs

Insomnia 5.6

Reviews for Unisom SleepTabs

Bree · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

For Insomnia: “This drug Unisom saved me from losing my job. I recently started getting intense sleep anxiety right before bed, and have often been staying up for 24+ hours without any sleep because of it. Right before I would drift into sleep, my brain would stop me and make me hyper aware of everything. I picked this up at the store and have taken it along with my normal meds, and I've been able to sleep for the past 3 days.”

Hiwey · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2020

For Insomnia: “Because of the lockdown due to coronavirus, my sleep pattern was distorted, and I was not getting enough sleep. So, I decided to get a sleep aid and researched online. This Unisom SleepTabs came up as one of the most effective to getting good sleep and waking refreshed. But the promises are wild and far from reality. I took the pill at bedtime but could not fall asleep for hours. In the morning I woke up with all dizziness and drowsy feeling. My body was aching all over. I could not focus at all and lacked clarity during the day. I don't recommend it all!”

Min · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

For Insomnia: “This worked wonders. I had a cough all day and wanted to be able to sleep it off. Cough syrups tend to give undesired side effects. I took this and had a humidifier in room. My cough actually stopped because the Unisom was drying me out. I slept like a baby. It helped me sleep in the next day and I feel a lot better.”

Ray · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

For Insomnia: “This unisom pill is absolutely useless. I wake in the middle of the night on 4/5 hrs sleep and figured I'd try it out because it was "extra strength". I started taking 2 because nothing was happening when I took 1. Nothing after 2 - it did nothing. At best I'd get a slight yawn n a lil dozy after an hour, but not enough to fall asleep. Save yourself the $12/bottle they want and don't buy this pill.”

Tossing · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 19, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have has trouble sleeping so I turned to an over the counter sleep aid, unisom gels, in the start I was taken one as time went on I up to 2 pills a nite. I do fall asleep in about one hour and half, I feel like I can’t fall asleep with out them and they work 80 percent of the time. I truly have vivid dreams and they are all about my achievements I think about reaching, overall I just put them out of my mind when I wake up but if I try to understand them I’ll make myself nuts so I just say it’s just a dream. The most important issue I have is to just get a good nite sleep works for me”

Jillian · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

“My OB told me to take the Unisom sleep tab (NOT the gel kind) plus Vitamin B6 at night for morning sickness. It worked well and I was finally able to get some sleep too.”

3rd shifter January 15, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have tried melatonin (3 mg) to help sleep during the day, as I work 3rd shift, but it doesn't work as well as I'd like. So, I figured I would give Unisom a try. My head feels like a pressurized can ready to explode, headache, diarrhea, a slight labored breathing/weight on chest feeling and completely lethargic. Missed work as a result. Won't be taking this again.”

Acey · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

For Insomnia: “I started taking unisom about month or so ago I'm a restless when trying to go to sleep so took 50 mg unisom first time worked good but since then not at all. I've taken the unisom than waited couple hours and took 10 mg melatonin than within hour I finally fall asleep. Melatonin alone doesn't work and same with unisom. I would rather not use anything but at 65 yrs old its seems I'm awake more than I sleep at night. Going to talk to dr next visit and see what she says since she is the one recommended the unisom”

lee November 3, 2019

For Insomnia: “I hate this medication Unisom. I took 1/2 pill, woke up with stiff back, dry mouth, dizzy, off balance. I'm throwing it out.”

Liza October 21, 2019

For Insomnia: “I take 1/2 unisom pill every night. I fall asleep with 15 minutes. I sleep 8 hours. I will wake up a few times but fall right back asleep. If I take a whole pill, I will sleep 12 hours and be groggy all day. 1/2 pill works perfect for me.”

Sleepless · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 15, 2019

For Insomnia: “I've always had a hard time falling and staying asleep. Seems like I've tried everything including meditation, sleep noise apps, music, melatonin, make the room freezing, warm the room up, reduce caffeine and stimulus before bed. Bought some unisom to see if it would help. Taking as directed, 1 pill at bedtime. Still takes me a good hour of tossing and turning and then I'm awake every hour or two all night and wake up with a dry mouth. Maybe I'll go back to 10 mg melatonin cuz that seemed to work best.”

Liz September 3, 2019

“Awful product , took it a few times and is giving me anxiety, panic attacks , the next day you will feel like a zombie :((”

Brian · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

For Insomnia: “Took this for the first time and it completely knocked me out cold woke up after 10 hours sleep, I did not even hear my loud alarms on my phone next to my pillow. When I got up I struggled to walk, I walked sideways into my bedroom wall, got to the bathroom and almost fell in the shower, I live alone and it's a good job I didn't slip & bang my head. The rest of the day it felt like I had lead weights in my feet & strange pressure in my skull. Not taking this again.”

Sophie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have insomnia from sinus surgery that was botched, resulting in Empty nose syndrome... screws up the internal sleeping clock... awaiting surgery to fix it. . My doctor recommended Unisom I get the gel 50mg pill wow that knocked me out cold I was shocked. I decided it was too much since I'm a small person I got the 25mg tablet . Next day I felt sleepy, dropsy all day, so I cut the tablet in half and will try that to see”

ROSERED · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2019

For Insomnia: “Last night was my first night trying unisom after using Ambien CR for 14 years. I was a little skeptic but to my surprise it worked really well. I took almost two and a half hours to kick in but it did . Took it at 19:30 I was out at 22:00. Feeling good this morning no side effects!!! I would recommend”

Pepasmommy18 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2019

For Insomnia: “I'm not impressed. I suffer from insomnia due to cancer meds that I take. I take 2 as prescribed without results. They don't even make me tired. Time to find something else.”

Deb F · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

For Insomnia: “Started taking doxylamine succinate (aka Unisom) for occasional sleeplessness about 6 weeks ago. I'm 59 yrs old women, healthy, menopausal. Box says dose is 25mg. I started with 12.5 mg because I'm sensitive to most meds. It worked VERY well. I fell asleep fast and stayed asleep, no issues except maybe a mild drowsiness feeling during the day here or there. Fast forward into last week, I'm experiencing dizziness, mild balance issues, headache. Don't know if it's because I took it 3-4 days in a row sometimes and stopped for a day or two? I just know it's a bummer because it works but, this stupid dizziness and balance thing is hanging on into day 2 and I don't want to take it anymore because of that. They say it's, "Not habit forming." I think my body got used to it and I'm 'withdrawing'.”

MamaZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

For Insomnia: “Been having trouble sleeping for a year and this is the only OTC medication that helps. I take 1/3 of a tab and wake up with zero drowsiness. Love it and will continue to take it for as long as I need to”

Rachie · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2018

For Insomnia: “Meh........ I work nightshift and spent a good few bucks for what I assumed to be a quality sleep aide. About 10-12 o’clock I felt horrible anxiety. I read that nervousness could be a side effect. I calmed down after my grandma rubbed my back some. I slept pretty well after that I will try it again once more and if it happens again that’s 10$ in the trash”

Smoothie · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2018

For Insomnia: “I/2 tablet knocks my husband out for the night and he’s groggy the next day (he’s a big guy....225lbs). I can take a whole tablet and not sleep most of the night. I weigh 145lb. So this drug affects everyone differently for sure.”

RR · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 9, 2018

For Insomnia: “I used to never have a problem sleeping; however, within the last year I have been waking up in the middle of the night, and then it takes me several hours to fall back asleep (usually just before my alarm goes off). Now I take 1/2 a pill and I either sleep through the entire night, or if I wake up I am able to fall right back to sleep. I also feel good in the morning after taking 1/2 a pill. Unisom has been wonderful during this time in my life. Please note: When I take a whole pill I am completely knocked out and lack motivation the next day.”

MRC · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2018

For Insomnia: “Heard about this from a friend. It works well I usually wake up a few times during the night but slept like a baby when I took one gel tablet. The only thing is that the following day I would be very cranky and had a massive headache. Will not be taking this anymore!”

Rick · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2018

For Insomnia: “Often even taking these within 30 to 60 minutes of going to bed not only does not work but sometimes prevents sleep all night! Very ineffective. I am disappointed with the product.”

Mr Music · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2018

For Insomnia: “For some reason, after taking the 2 tablets, when I get the sensation of impending sleep, I’m jolted out of my “sleepiness” because of what feels like sleep apnea. I would guess, this medicine relaxes so much that my breathing changes... horrible feeling. So with that.... I got zero sleep!”

Big Lebowski · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2018

For Insomnia: “Used as directed to help me get to sleep, took the gel pill, made me even more awake. Tried the other unisom with the other sleep aid medication, just made me dizzy, with dry mouth, and kept me awake. These are a joke!!!!!”