User Reviews for Unisom SleepTabs to treat Insomnia

Unisom SleepTabs has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 60 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 43% of those users who reviewed Unisom SleepTabs reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Unisom SleepTabs Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Unisom SleepTabs

Jenn April 14, 2021

“I bought these Unisom pills yesterday . What a big mistake ! It took 10 minutes to hit me from initial dose than went to sleep. I had horrific nightmares on it! Woke up extremely groggy and tingly in fingers and stiff neck!!! I usually don’t take sleeping pills but this one is bad !!! I don not recommend !!!!”

Fluffy · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2020

“I only took half a tablet of unisom. The recommended dose is 25mg. It did not give me a deep sleep, instead it made me feel horrible the next day. I felt so out of it, drugged up, light headed and unable to function. I do not recommend this sleep Aid at all.”

Jenn · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2020

“My obgyn dr put me on this medication because I’m pregnant and have trouble sleeping. It’s working for the most part mind you I was on trazadone for years so it was kinda rough in the beginning. I’ve been on it 10 weeks now and I suffer from these nightmares. I wake up in a state of fear and a lot of times I scream. It’s getting worse. I’m not sure if it’s my hormones because of my pregnancy or the unisom. Has anyone had any experience with realistic nightmares while on this medication??”

Liza October 21, 2019

“I take 1/2 unisom pill every night. I fall asleep with 15 minutes. I sleep 8 hours. I will wake up a few times but fall right back asleep. If I take a whole pill, I will sleep 12 hours and be groggy all day. 1/2 pill works perfect for me.”

Sleeplessinnj · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2015

“Oh my goodness. I have taken Benadryl every night for thirty years or longer. This is much better. I sleep like a baby and feel rested in the morning for the first time in decades. I love Unisom and won't go back to Benadryl. The prescriptions like Lynsey's or Ambien made me hallucinate and feel pretty bad in the morning so I never continued them. Unisom has been awesome! Highly recommend it.”

Bree · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

“This drug Unisom saved me from losing my job. I recently started getting intense sleep anxiety right before bed, and have often been staying up for 24+ hours without any sleep because of it. Right before I would drift into sleep, my brain would stop me and make me hyper aware of everything. I picked this up at the store and have taken it along with my normal meds, and I've been able to sleep for the past 3 days.”

Dottiegirl April 15, 2015

“I have taken Unisom for over three years now and I'm a severe asthmatic with chronic shortness of breath and I have had no complications from the sleep aid. After taking it and awakening in the morning I've never experienced any side effects. I wake up feeling rested and with full of energy. Best sleep aid on the market.”

KT1975 · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2013

“It actually works! I have had sleep issues for years-the prescription meds do nothing for me. The Klonopin I was taking to help me fall asleep stopped working so I tried Unisom Sleep Tabs and it took about 30-45 mins to kick in but I was able to fall asleep and STAY asleep. It's the first time in a long time that I slept through the night. I was groggy when I got up, but a shower and some coffee woke me right up.”

AbsRaiders · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2015

“Could not sleep 2 nights in a row. So I decided to try 2 Unisom tables. Took about 10pm. Slept amazing. Woke at 7.30 am took kids to school (felt like I was exhausted) went back to bed woke up at 1pm. Still pretty groggy and sluggish. Trying to wake up.”

Evelove August 3, 2014

“I been having problems sleeping for year's and this is the first time I take something to help with my sleep. It actually does work but the only negative thing I would say it makes me sleep for to long I took it at 12am the other night and woke up at 1pm and i woke up feeling awesome but I can't be waking up that late.I think maybe I should just take it at an earlier time.”

RR · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 9, 2018

“I used to never have a problem sleeping; however, within the last year I have been waking up in the middle of the night, and then it takes me several hours to fall back asleep (usually just before my alarm goes off). Now I take 1/2 a pill and I either sleep through the entire night, or if I wake up I am able to fall right back to sleep. I also feel good in the morning after taking 1/2 a pill. Unisom has been wonderful during this time in my life. Please note: When I take a whole pill I am completely knocked out and lack motivation the next day.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2015

“I am a healthy 21 year old but have trouble getting and staying asleep. I have tried melatonin and I feel it may help me get to sleep but not stay asleep. The other night I laid awake until 5:30 am trying to keep my eyes closed with no luck. So the next day I researched some over the counter sleep aids and Unisom had great reviews, so that day I picked some up. I took one at ten that night and started getting sleepy an hour later. By 11:30 I was fast asleep. Although I woke up a few times throughout the night, as I usually do, I was still tired and found it very easy to fall back to sleep without tossing and turning for ten minutes at a time. I woke up at 9:00am the next day felling minimally drowsy. I will continue to take Unisom”

Brian · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

“Took this for the first time and it completely knocked me out cold woke up after 10 hours sleep, I did not even hear my loud alarms on my phone next to my pillow. When I got up I struggled to walk, I walked sideways into my bedroom wall, got to the bathroom and almost fell in the shower, I live alone and it's a good job I didn't slip & bang my head. The rest of the day it felt like I had lead weights in my feet & strange pressure in my skull. Not taking this again.”

Smoothie · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2018

“I/2 tablet knocks my husband out for the night and he’s groggy the next day (he’s a big guy....225lbs). I can take a whole tablet and not sleep most of the night. I weigh 145lb. So this drug affects everyone differently for sure.”

hscolnik November 26, 2011

“Takes an hour to kick in but lasts a long time and will give me eight to nine hours of sleep. It has a very long half-life (9-15 hrs) and can leave me feeling drowsy for a long time throughout the day.”

MamaZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

“Been having trouble sleeping for a year and this is the only OTC medication that helps. I take 1/3 of a tab and wake up with zero drowsiness. Love it and will continue to take it for as long as I need to”

ROSERED · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2019

“Last night was my first night trying unisom after using Ambien CR for 14 years. I was a little skeptic but to my surprise it worked really well. I took almost two and a half hours to kick in but it did . Took it at 19:30 I was out at 22:00. Feeling good this morning no side effects!!! I would recommend”

Lyss61910 October 4, 2015

“I've had ongoing problems falling asleep/ staying asleep- benadryl never worked for me. I got desperate one night and took some night time cough syrup which worked! I checked the ingredients, saw "doxylamine"-key ingredient in unisom - and have been successfully using unisom to get to sleep when I need it! No side effects, I take the recommended dose (1 pill)”

frisbie December 14, 2011

“I have taken just about every over the counter sleep aid, and all prescribed ones as well and this works pretty well for me. I have to take the maximum dose of Ambien to even feel drowsy, this is much cheaper (no insurance) and works as well or possibly a little better. DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE THAN RECOMMENDED. ”

30yroldgirl March 7, 2016

“I actually find the gels a lot more successful to falling asleep and waking up alert. It sort of kicks you awake the next morning. The sleep tabs however, make you groggy the next morning. Try the gel caps!”

Sophie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

“I have insomnia from sinus surgery that was botched, resulting in Empty nose syndrome... screws up the internal sleeping clock... awaiting surgery to fix it. . My doctor recommended Unisom I get the gel 50mg pill wow that knocked me out cold I was shocked. I decided it was too much since I'm a small person I got the 25mg tablet . Next day I felt sleepy, dropsy all day, so I cut the tablet in half and will try that to see”

3rd shifter January 15, 2020

“I have tried melatonin (3 mg) to help sleep during the day, as I work 3rd shift, but it doesn't work as well as I'd like. So, I figured I would give Unisom a try. My head feels like a pressurized can ready to explode, headache, diarrhea, a slight labored breathing/weight on chest feeling and completely lethargic. Missed work as a result. Won't be taking this again.”

Anonymous August 17, 2020

“I moved to Hawaii 2 months ago and have had insomnia since I've been here. I decided to buy unisom and give it a try. First time, did absolutely nothing. Second time it took approximately 3 hours to fall asleep. So I decided to up the dose to 2 pills. It's 50/50 chance to fall asleep within an 2 hours. When it does work, I wake up groggy and unbalanced and takes a few hours to shake it off. I don't recommend this product. It just doesn't seem to work like it claims”

AbAaBaA July 31, 2015

“Unisom definitely makes good on its word. Within about 15-30 min after taking a pill, drowsiness comes into play, with sleep following soon after. Expect irritability. Especially when someone or something is causing you to come in and out of your sleep. After waking, expect 4-5 hours of drowsiness, and at least 5-8 hours until all side ffects clear.”

Deb F · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

“Started taking doxylamine succinate (aka Unisom) for occasional sleeplessness about 6 weeks ago. I'm 59 yrs old women, healthy, menopausal. Box says dose is 25mg. I started with 12.5 mg because I'm sensitive to most meds. It worked VERY well. I fell asleep fast and stayed asleep, no issues except maybe a mild drowsiness feeling during the day here or there. Fast forward into last week, I'm experiencing dizziness, mild balance issues, headache. Don't know if it's because I took it 3-4 days in a row sometimes and stopped for a day or two? I just know it's a bummer because it works but, this stupid dizziness and balance thing is hanging on into day 2 and I don't want to take it anymore because of that. They say it's, "Not habit forming." I think my body got used to it and I'm 'withdrawing'.”

Akm56 · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2016

“Couldn't sleep last night. Finally at 3 am, I looked in cabinet and found this. I took 2 blue tablets. 30 mins i was asleep. Friend texted at 10 am, woke up and I was extremely groggy, unsteady, heavy eyelids. Just felt weird. I drank a cup of coffee and still groggy. Hours later, i still felt bad. Went back to bed at 2ish. I decided to check out what the heck happened. Looks like I took to much. It did put me to sleep at the expense of my saturday off feeling like crud. Will try 1 next time. 2 was to much for sure.”

Tossing · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 19, 2020

“I have has trouble sleeping so I turned to an over the counter sleep aid, unisom gels, in the start I was taken one as time went on I up to 2 pills a nite. I do fall asleep in about one hour and half, I feel like I can’t fall asleep with out them and they work 80 percent of the time. I truly have vivid dreams and they are all about my achievements I think about reaching, overall I just put them out of my mind when I wake up but if I try to understand them I’ll make myself nuts so I just say it’s just a dream. The most important issue I have is to just get a good nite sleep works for me”

Sleepless · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 15, 2019

“I've always had a hard time falling and staying asleep. Seems like I've tried everything including meditation, sleep noise apps, music, melatonin, make the room freezing, warm the room up, reduce caffeine and stimulus before bed. Bought some unisom to see if it would help. Taking as directed, 1 pill at bedtime. Still takes me a good hour of tossing and turning and then I'm awake every hour or two all night and wake up with a dry mouth. Maybe I'll go back to 10 mg melatonin cuz that seemed to work best.”

Learn more about Insomnia