User Reviews for Sodium chloride

Also known as: 4 Way Saline, Afrin Menthol Saline, Afrin Saline, Altamist, Ayr Baby Saline, Ayr Saline Nasal, Ayr Saline Nasal No-Drip Spray, Ayr Sinus Rinse Kit, Ayr Sinus Rinse Kit Refill, Breathe Free Saline, Deep Sea Nasal Spray, ENTsol, Humist, Little Noses, Nasal Moist, Nasal Saline, Nasalcare Rinse Starter Kit, NasoGel, Neilmed Nasogel, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Hypertonic Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Pediatric Kit, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Pediatric Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Small Kit, Ocean, Ocean Complete, Ocean Kids, Pediamist, Rhinaris, Rhino-Mist, Saline Mist, Saline Nasal Mist, Salinex, SaltAire, Sea Mist Nasal Spray, Sea Soft, Simply Saline, Simply Soothing, Sinus Rinse Hypertonic Packets, Sinus Rinse Kit, Sinus Rinse Packets, Sinus Rinse Pediatric Kit, Sinus Rinse Pediatric Packets, Sinus Rinse Small Kit …show all brand names

Nasal Congestion
3.7

Summary of Sodium chloride reviews 3.7 19 reviews

Reviews for Sodium chloride

Ocean (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "Has no effect for blocked nose"

Ahmed (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "Used NeilMed sinus rinse properly according the instructions for 2 days on the advice by the ENT doctor. On the third day I started wheezing and coughing. By the end of the day had and extreme difficulty to breath. Saw the doctor on emergency visit. Diagnosed as having an acute bronchitic spasms as an allergy reaction due to a sinus rinse. If my doctor did not give me the injections of solumedrol right away, that experience could be fatal. I am taking prednisone now. WHY there is no warning of this kind on the brochure?"

Zena (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I normally use the regular AYR Nasal Saline Spray, but I bought and tried the AYR allergy & sinus nasal mist. Within a day or two, I noticed that I was having difficulty breathing . Running short of breath when just going up the stairs. I passed the static EKG and the treadmill stress tests that my doctor ordered. Thank God! The doctors who looked at my results suggested that I stop using the AYR Sinus and Allergy nasal spray because they suspected that I may me be allergic to the increased hypotonic solution of sodium chloride. Note: the regular solution had .65 percent . The Sinus and Allergy solution has 2.65 percent of the hypotonic sodium chloride."

Yecrirp March 3, 2018

Simply Saline (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I was originally given this by a doctor after deviated septum surgery years ago. Have since used it for all sinus and cold symptoms. If I take it early enough during an oncoming cold, and make sure the spray runs down my throat (so I can feel it) by the next morning my sore throat is gone. I use it for preventative purposes also. After being with several people (like grocery store or church) I spray as soon as I get home. Use it a little more during this very bad season of the flu. It helps with my allergies and I have had only 1 cold in the last 4 years."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 26, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "causes terrible itching"

Anonymous January 14, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I've used the NeilMed sinus rinse packets every morning for about a year. In the last few weeks my nostrils, especially the right side, have dried up and formed uncomfortable scabs that are very irritating. Not particularly bloody just crusty. Is there anyone out there that has had this same experience? I do feel the rinse helps my cough variant asthma as well as minor reflux. therefore I hesitate to stop using but maybe should go to every other morning and see if there is relief. Thx for your input."

SAFRANK January 7, 2018

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I’ve been having very dry nasal passages, something I’ve never really experienced before, and my grandmother purchased the gel and another spray product from another brand. Upon using the gel, my nasal passages began to burn like crazy and it did not stop for about 10 minutes. It should also be said that it didn’t really do the job either."

Des2121 January 4, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "Used before shower due to sinus congestion. Within less than a minute , I developed sharp full headache and BP taken 5 minutes after rose to 163/120 with pulse at 97. Very traumatic. I’m 69, have headache and high pressure in sinuses an hour later and counting. Beware and if buy be sure to test single squeeze each nostril and wait 40 minutes or so."

SickRon (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I will never travel without this again. I have severe allergies and nasal congestion. I often get sick overseas. Right now, I have so much nasal congestion and this gets it out so I can breathe through my nose for a while. I have to do it again in a few hours but I think it's worth it because I don't have to take a corticosteroid."

Francophile June 20, 2017

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I used this twice yesterday and once this morning and got a headache all 3 times and it didn't help my post nasal drip. I won't use it again"

Joanie1028 May 31, 2017

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I purchased Ayr Nasal Mist after experiencing another nose bleed and reading that saline spray would help keep nose not so dry. Immediately after taking just a small spray in each nostril I developed a sore throat, sneezing and throat irritation similar to a cold. I have not taken any more of this product and my symptoms are slowly clearing up. I also experienced headaches. At first I thought it was just a coincidence and I was getting a cold but after reading about this product now I know I cannot use it ever again. I should have read this before I purchased it."

mykeynb April 28, 2017

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "Makes me sneeze every time, and is scented which is irritating and may even be the cause of the sneezing. Despite that, I persist in its use as its moisturizing gel properties are entirely effective."

Vbrish (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

For Nasal Congestion: "I have a bleeding, crust that doesn't seem to go away. I tried this for the first time. Just a little amount on the end of my nostrils and on the inner side as well. I don't know is what you guys are saying about a burn or drip for sore throats. Maybe you are applying to much or inhaling through your nose to hard which would cause it to get way up in ur sinus or w/e and lead to your throat. Just hack a loggie to get it out or I dunno what to tell you. But it seems to work for me no problem."

Genome (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "swelling of tissue above eyelids"

mark lindy September 11, 2016

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I have used it two separate times and both times I have ended up with a severe sore throat, and laryngitis. Something I did not have before use. I blame it on the Ayr dripping down the back of my throat. I followed directions exactly."

Turku (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "I've used over the counter saline solution for a couple of years now but just opened a new generic brand from a well known store and am worried that this product has gone bad because my nasal passages are on fire and has caused an instant severe sore throat. I checked exp date and it is good til 2017. This has never happened before. Will be returning to store to report this. Be careful using this stuff."

Mdcon March 18, 2016

Nasal Saline (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "does not work at all ,"

marco123456576788909 February 6, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "I spray my mouth when it's dry and it works well."

Gurria (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2016

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I just tried this, a pharmacist recommended to it me to keep my nose from drying out from using my oral inhaler, I often get bad nose bleeds. This stuff burns like crazy! I put just a tiny bit in the front part of each nostril. I felt like my nose was on FIRE. And the post-nasal drip that went down the back of my throat burned quite a bit too. After about 4 mins my nose feels better, but to be honest, I'm not sure it's because the stuff worked or because the burning stopped. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll try just putting a bit above my upper lip in front of my nostrils. "

Lex1222 March 14, 2015