User Reviews for Sodium chloride nasal

Also known as: Saline Nasal Mist, Ocean, Deep Sea Nasal Spray, Ayr Saline Nasal, Saline Mist, Simply Saline, Ocean Complete, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit, Neilmed Nasogel, Ayr Baby Saline, Breathe Free Saline, Sea Mist Nasal Spray, Sea Soft, Sinus Rinse Hypertonic Packets, NasoGel, Sinus Rinse Kit, Sinus Rinse Packets, Sinus Rinse Pediatric Kit, Sinus Rinse Pediatric Packets, Sinus Rinse Small Kit, SaltAire, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Hypertonic Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Pediatric Kit, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Pediatric Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Small Kit, Nasalcare Rinse Starter Kit, Humist, 4 Way Saline, Simply Soothing, Afrin Menthol Saline, Afrin Saline, Altamist, Ayr Saline Nasal No-Drip Spray, Ayr Sinus Rinse Kit, Ayr Sinus Rinse Kit Refill ENTsol Little Noses Rhino-Mist Ocean Kids …show all brand names

Nasal Congestion

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Sodium chloride nasal

Anonymous July 21, 2021

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “Within a half hour of rinsing my head and neck become irritated now the 3rd day after only rinsing the once I've had terrible headaches and neck pain, nothing seems to relieves it. Wish they would've put these warning on the box!! Now since I know I'm not alone with side effects I'll make sure my DR knows so maybe they will stop recommending the product.”

Jim · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2020

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “Had sinus infection a couple of times a year and seasonal allergies every fall and spring. My father in law introduced me to NeilMed sinus rinse about 3 years ago. I started using it at least once per day and have not had a sinus infection since and little if any seasonal allergy problems since. I do not go a day without using it! Great stuff.”

Mik · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2019

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I always use this saline to help thin my mucus. Works well. Noticed a lot of people on here saying they used the gel inside their nose. Don’t understand that when it specifically says not to and why! I wouldn’t even if a doctor said to. No wonder they had bad experiences!! The regular saline is all you need!”

Cster888 · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2019

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I bought the AYR Saline Nasal Gel on recommendation of my Pulmonary Dr. Almost immediately after using a little bit to coat the nasal interior I experienced sneezing and burning of the interior nasal cavity. My nose started to run. I am so thankful and I was able to blow most of this out. I tried it again tonight and I had the same experience. It is no in the garbage. I went back to using Organic Pure Sesame Seed Oil....”

Anonymous December 16, 2018

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I used the ayr gel to moisten my nasal passages and it caused the membranes to swell. Developed a headache and my throat has become very irritated, and have hoarseness. I stopped using it over a week ago and am still having problems. Do not recommend this product to anyone.”

Zena · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “Used NeilMed sinus rinse properly according the instructions for 2 days on the advice by the ENT doctor. On the third day I started wheezing and coughing. By the end of the day had and extreme difficulty to breath. Saw the doctor on emergency visit. Diagnosed as having an acute bronchitic spasms as an allergy reaction due to a sinus rinse. If my doctor did not give me the injections of solumedrol right away, that experience could be fatal. I am taking prednisone now. WHY there is no warning of this kind on the brochure?”

Patty · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2019

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “My respiratory doctor recommended the Ayr Saline Nasal Gel as my passages were dry and I developed a sore inside my nose from using my CPAP. After just a few days, the sore is healing and the dryness is gone. The Ayr worked and did exactly what I needed it to do for my dry and irritated nasal passages from CPAP”

Des2121 January 4, 2018

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I’ve been having very dry nasal passages, something I’ve never really experienced before, and my grandmother purchased the gel and another spray product from another brand. Upon using the gel, my nasal passages began to burn like crazy and it did not stop for about 10 minutes. It should also be said that it didn’t really do the job either.”

Anonymous December 29, 2020

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I used it on Dec. 3 , 4 - only three times. Then I woke up to a swollen red nose, severe itching. I experienced blisters, peeling skin. Finally called doctor Dec.10 and received a prescription for prednisone and an antibiotic. I took my meds and it helped to a degree. My nose was so severely affected that I could not insert a Qtip into my nose. Eventually tissue started to hang out of my nostrils and I used a tweezers to pull the skin out of my nose. Eventually I was able to use a Qtip. My skin split like a paper cut on the edges of my nostrils and bled. I also experienced a severe rash all over my torso up to my ears. Severe itching. Rash does not respond to anything. Today is December 29 and this is still going on. There was no indication of any allergy symptoms on the package. This is so awful.”

Sie · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2020

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I had used it to try and protect my nose from irritation resulting from constantly blowing my stuffy and runny nose. The first application immediately started burning, way more than similar products have. I at first assumed it was because my nose was possibly already raw or irritated. But within the first two minutes the pain became unbearable and my nose was brighter than Rudolph’s. I washed it off and tried using cold water to ease the discomfort. Where I applied the gel started peeling and even now a full three days later, the area is still peeling and red.”

Yecrirp March 3, 2018

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I normally use the regular AYR Nasal Saline Spray, but I bought and tried the AYR allergy & sinus nasal mist. Within a day or two, I noticed that I was having difficulty breathing . Running short of breath when just going up the stairs. I passed the static EKG and the treadmill stress tests that my doctor ordered. Thank God! The doctors who looked at my results suggested that I stop using the AYR Sinus and Allergy nasal spray because they suspected that I may me be allergic to the increased hypotonic solution of sodium chloride. Note: the regular solution had .65 percent . The Sinus and Allergy solution has 2.65 percent of the hypotonic sodium chloride.”

Vbrish · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 4, 2017

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “Makes me sneeze every time, and is scented which is irritating and may even be the cause of the sneezing. Despite that, I persist in its use as its moisturizing gel properties are entirely effective.”

mykeynb April 28, 2017

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I purchased Ayr Nasal Mist after experiencing another nose bleed and reading that saline spray would help keep nose not so dry. Immediately after taking just a small spray in each nostril I developed a sore throat, sneezing and throat irritation similar to a cold. I have not taken any more of this product and my symptoms are slowly clearing up. I also experienced headaches. At first I thought it was just a coincidence and I was getting a cold but after reading about this product now I know I cannot use it ever again. I should have read this before I purchased it.”

SAFRANK January 7, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I've used the NeilMed sinus rinse packets every morning for about a year. In the last few weeks my nostrils, especially the right side, have dried up and formed uncomfortable scabs that are very irritating. Not particularly bloody just crusty. Is there anyone out there that has had this same experience? I do feel the rinse helps my cough variant asthma as well as minor reflux. therefore I hesitate to stop using but maybe should go to every other morning and see if there is relief. Thx for your input.”

Lex1222 March 14, 2015

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I just tried this, a pharmacist recommended to it me to keep my nose from drying out from using my oral inhaler, I often get bad nose bleeds. This stuff burns like crazy! I put just a tiny bit in the front part of each nostril. I felt like my nose was on FIRE. And the post-nasal drip that went down the back of my throat burned quite a bit too. After about 4 mins my nose feels better, but to be honest, I'm not sure it's because the stuff worked or because the burning stopped. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll try just putting a bit above my upper lip in front of my nostrils. ”

Bea May 3, 2020

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride): “I've been using the sinus rinse for a few months now my ENT gave it to me for dry nose. I didn't notice that my symptoms came from this sinus rinse before. My throat is sore my ears and head hurt every time I use it. I wasn't sure at first but now I know it's the sinus rinse. It does help my dry nose but a few day after use I always get sore throat ear ache and headache.”

SickRon · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2017

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “Used before shower due to sinus congestion. Within less than a minute , I developed sharp full headache and BP taken 5 minutes after rose to 163/120 with pulse at 97. Very traumatic. I’m 69, have headache and high pressure in sinuses an hour later and counting. Beware and if buy be sure to test single squeeze each nostril and wait 40 minutes or so.”

Bill March 31, 2020

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I have used saline rinses since 1998. They work for me. Less asthma medication. Very few if any negative effects from sinus rinses, but had negative effects from using asthma inhalations 16 times a day for years. Only use 2 inhalations, normally, now. Have used over a gallon of salt water through my nose in a day. It is better than using antibiotics. Sometimes, antibiotics are needed, but not as often. I was born with very low immunity. Saline rinses wash my nose clean. ”

Bianca · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “This has left me feeling very dizzy, like someone has just bashed me on the head. I only used it once but will not use it again. There were no side effects warning of these symptoms on the box. The doctor suggested I use it to unblock my nasal passages. My eyes are also smarting. I was careful to follow the instructions.”

Txjetmech February 3, 2021

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “This is a great product but you have to use it correctly. People complaining about headaches and skin peeling leads me to believe they are not following instructions. You have to use distilled water because of the impurities in tap water. If you use tap water you have to boil it for 5 minutes and then allow it to cool. I have used this product for years and have never experienced the issues people complain about here. YouTube has lots of videos on correct use. Maybe a little more education is in order”

Turku · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2016

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I have used it two separate times and both times I have ended up with a severe sore throat, and laryngitis. Something I did not have before use. I blame it on the Ayr dripping down the back of my throat. I followed directions exactly.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 26, 2018

Simply Saline (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I was originally given this by a doctor after deviated septum surgery years ago. Have since used it for all sinus and cold symptoms. If I take it early enough during an oncoming cold, and make sure the spray runs down my throat (so I can feel it) by the next morning my sore throat is gone. I use it for preventative purposes also. After being with several people (like grocery store or church) I spray as soon as I get home. Use it a little more during this very bad season of the flu. It helps with my allergies and I have had only 1 cold in the last 4 years.”

Ac · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2020

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “I Used Neilmed sinus rinse three days in a row. I started to have nosebleeds and headaches. There is no side effects warning on the box. My husband was the one that brought this to my attention if the nosebleed and headaches could be a side effect from it.”

FreedomRich · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 12, 2021

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “Have used NeilMed per instructions, and per allergist, for chronic sinusitis, for two years. It took awhile (a month) to adjust to drowning the sinuses in a saline bath, twice a day. It started out slightly irritating and congesting too but the reward for sticking it out, has been zero sinus infections, a big, big deal. But the doctor had to prescribe a powdered antibiotic (Mupirocin) to the saline solution, to accomplish this (due to 9 prior sinus surgeries). Three middle ear infections have developed from the solution reaching & stagnating in the eustachian tubes, but could be because I also have immune issues. Bottom line - NeilMed has substantially reduced the misery of sinusitis, and I'm no longer on oral antibiotics every other month for those nasty sinus infections. A major improvement in quality of life.”

Evie · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: “My mum uses this and recommended it to me for my nasal problems. My nose is blocked every day and my sinus are inflamed. I also have dripping mucus in my throat at night. I tried this product today but all it did was give me a bad headache which led to sinus pain in my face and upper teeth.”