User Reviews for Sodium chloride

Also known as: 4 Way Saline, Afrin Menthol Saline, Afrin Saline, Altamist, Ayr Baby Saline, Ayr Saline Nasal, Ayr Saline Nasal No-Drip Spray, Ayr Sinus Rinse Kit, Ayr Sinus Rinse Kit Refill, Breathe Free Saline, Deep Sea Nasal Spray, ENTsol, Humist, Little Noses, Nasal Moist, Nasal Saline, Nasalcare Rinse Starter Kit, NasoGel, Neilmed Nasogel, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Hypertonic Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Pediatric Kit, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Pediatric Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Small Kit, Ocean, Ocean Complete, Ocean Kids, Pediamist, Rhinaris, Rhino-Mist, Saline Mist, Saline Nasal Mist, Salinex, SaltAire, Sea Mist Nasal Spray, Sea Soft, Simply Saline, Simply Soothing, Sinus Rinse Hypertonic Packets, Sinus Rinse Kit, Sinus Rinse Packets, Sinus Rinse Pediatric Kit, Sinus Rinse Pediatric Packets, Sinus Rinse Small Kit …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sodium chloride.

Nasal Congestion
4.8

Summary of Sodium chloride reviews 4.8 12 reviews

Reviews for Sodium chloride

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "Used before shower due to sinus congestion. Within less than a minute , I developed sharp full headache and BP taken 5 minutes after rose to 163/120 with pulse at 97. Very traumatic. I’m 69, have headache and high pressure in sinuses an hour later and counting. Beware and if buy be sure to test single squeeze each nostril and wait 40 minutes or so."

SickRon (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I will never travel without this again. I have severe allergies and nasal congestion. I often get sick overseas. Right now, I have so much nasal congestion and this gets it out so I can breathe through my nose for a while. I have to do it again in a few hours but I think it's worth it because I don't have to take a corticosteroid."

Francophile June 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I used this twice yesterday and once this morning and got a headache all 3 times and it didn't help my post nasal drip. I won't use it again"

Joanie1028 May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I purchased Ayr Nasal Mist after experiencing another nose bleed and reading that saline spray would help keep nose not so dry. Immediately after taking just a small spray in each nostril I developed a sore throat, sneezing and throat irritation similar to a cold. I have not taken any more of this product and my symptoms are slowly clearing up. I also experienced headaches. At first I thought it was just a coincidence and I was getting a cold but after reading about this product now I know I cannot use it ever again. I should have read this before I purchased it."

mykeynb April 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "Makes me sneeze every time, and is scented which is irritating and may even be the cause of the sneezing. Despite that, I persist in its use as its moisturizing gel properties are entirely effective."

Vbrish (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion: "I have a bleeding, crust that doesn't seem to go away. I tried this for the first time. Just a little amount on the end of my nostrils and on the inner side as well. I don't know is what you guys are saying about a burn or drip for sore throats. Maybe you are applying to much or inhaling through your nose to hard which would cause it to get way up in ur sinus or w/e and lead to your throat. Just hack a loggie to get it out or I dunno what to tell you. But it seems to work for me no problem."

Genome (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "swelling of tissue above eyelids"

mark lindy September 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I have used it two separate times and both times I have ended up with a severe sore throat, and laryngitis. Something I did not have before use. I blame it on the Ayr dripping down the back of my throat. I followed directions exactly."

Turku (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion: "I've used over the counter saline solution for a couple of years now but just opened a new generic brand from a well known store and am worried that this product has gone bad because my nasal passages are on fire and has caused an instant severe sore throat. I checked exp date and it is good til 2017. This has never happened before. Will be returning to store to report this. Be careful using this stuff."

Mdcon March 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nasal Saline (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "does not work at all ,"

marco123456576788909 February 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion: "I spray my mouth when it's dry and it works well."

Gurria (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride) for Nasal Congestion: "I just tried this, a pharmacist recommended to it me to keep my nose from drying out from using my oral inhaler, I often get bad nose bleeds. This stuff burns like crazy! I put just a tiny bit in the front part of each nostril. I felt like my nose was on FIRE. And the post-nasal drip that went down the back of my throat burned quite a bit too. After about 4 mins my nose feels better, but to be honest, I'm not sure it's because the stuff worked or because the burning stopped. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll try just putting a bit above my upper lip in front of my nostrils. "

Lex1222 March 14, 2015