User Reviews for Sodium chloride nasal to treat Nasal Congestion

Also known as: Saline Nasal Mist, Ayr Saline Nasal, Saline Mist, Deep Sea Nasal Spray, Nasal Saline, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit, Neilmed Nasogel, Little Noses, Nasal Moist, Ocean, Salinex, Sea Mist Nasal Spray, Sea Soft, Simply Saline, Sinus Rinse Hypertonic Packets, NasoGel, Sinus Rinse Kit, Sinus Rinse Packets, Sinus Rinse Pediatric Kit, Sinus Rinse Pediatric Packets, Sinus Rinse Small Kit, SaltAire, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Hypertonic Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Pediatric Kit, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Pediatric Packets, NeilMed Sinus Rinse Small Kit, Rhinaris, Ocean Complete, Nasalcare Rinse Starter Kit, Humist, 4 Way Saline, Simply Soothing, Afrin Menthol Saline, Afrin Saline, Altamist, Ayr Baby Saline, Ayr Saline Nasal No-Drip Spray, Ayr Sinus Rinse Kit, Ayr Sinus Rinse Kit Refill, Breathe Free Saline, ENTsol, Rhino-Mist, Ocean Kids, Pediamist …show all brand names

Sodium chloride Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 202 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Sodium chloride

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

NasoGel (sodium chloride): "My ENT gave me NasoGel to use for my dry nose. I followed the suggested dosage and after a week my sinus passages began to ache badly on the right side. I bought some sinus headache pain medicine for relief. Although the sinus pain has gone away from that area, I am now experiencing pain near my right temple. I am still using the NasoGel because it really has cleared my passages like crazy, but I think I may stop because I can only attribute the sinus pain to the nasal spray."

Tim · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2019

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "The gel has been very helpful in clearing up my chronic sinusitis. No side effects that I notice. Seems great!"

Mac · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2019

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride): "Twice tried to use it can’t get it to go in one nostril and out the other ???"

Patty · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2019

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "My respiratory doctor recommended the Ayr Saline Nasal Gel as my passages were dry and I developed a sore inside my nose from using my CPAP. After just a few days, the sore is healing and the dryness is gone. The Ayr worked and did exactly what I needed it to do for my dry and irritated nasal passages from CPAP"

Cster888 · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2019

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "I bought the AYR Saline Nasal Gel on recommendation of my Pulmonary Dr. Almost immediately after using a little bit to coat the nasal interior I experienced sneezing and burning of the interior nasal cavity. My nose started to run. I am so thankful and I was able to blow most of this out. I tried it again tonight and I had the same experience. It is no in the garbage. I went back to using Organic Pure Sesame Seed Oil...."

Anonymous December 16, 2018

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "I used the ayr gel to moisten my nasal passages and it caused the membranes to swell. Developed a headache and my throat has become very irritated, and have hoarseness. I stopped using it over a week ago and am still having problems. Do not recommend this product to anyone."

ronny · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 13, 2018

Rhinaris (sodium chloride): "works well but some new units send a stream instead of mist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahmed · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2018

Ocean (sodium chloride): "Has no effect for blocked nose"

Zena · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride): "Used NeilMed sinus rinse properly according the instructions for 2 days on the advice by the ENT doctor. On the third day I started wheezing and coughing. By the end of the day had and extreme difficulty to breath. Saw the doctor on emergency visit. Diagnosed as having an acute bronchitic spasms as an allergy reaction due to a sinus rinse. If my doctor did not give me the injections of solumedrol right away, that experience could be fatal. I am taking prednisone now. WHY there is no warning of this kind on the brochure?"

Yecrirp March 3, 2018

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "I normally use the regular AYR Nasal Saline Spray, but I bought and tried the AYR allergy & sinus nasal mist. Within a day or two, I noticed that I was having difficulty breathing . Running short of breath when just going up the stairs. I passed the static EKG and the treadmill stress tests that my doctor ordered. Thank God! The doctors who looked at my results suggested that I stop using the AYR Sinus and Allergy nasal spray because they suspected that I may me be allergic to the increased hypotonic solution of sodium chloride. Note: the regular solution had .65 percent . The Sinus and Allergy solution has 2.65 percent of the hypotonic sodium chloride."

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 26, 2018

Simply Saline (sodium chloride): "I was originally given this by a doctor after deviated septum surgery years ago. Have since used it for all sinus and cold symptoms. If I take it early enough during an oncoming cold, and make sure the spray runs down my throat (so I can feel it) by the next morning my sore throat is gone. I use it for preventative purposes also. After being with several people (like grocery store or church) I spray as soon as I get home. Use it a little more during this very bad season of the flu. It helps with my allergies and I have had only 1 cold in the last 4 years."

Anonymous January 14, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride): "causes terrible itching"

SAFRANK January 7, 2018

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride): "I've used the NeilMed sinus rinse packets every morning for about a year. In the last few weeks my nostrils, especially the right side, have dried up and formed uncomfortable scabs that are very irritating. Not particularly bloody just crusty. Is there anyone out there that has had this same experience? I do feel the rinse helps my cough variant asthma as well as minor reflux. therefore I hesitate to stop using but maybe should go to every other morning and see if there is relief. Thx for your input."

Des2121 January 4, 2018

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "I’ve been having very dry nasal passages, something I’ve never really experienced before, and my grandmother purchased the gel and another spray product from another brand. Upon using the gel, my nasal passages began to burn like crazy and it did not stop for about 10 minutes. It should also be said that it didn’t really do the job either."

SickRon · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2017

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride): "Used before shower due to sinus congestion. Within less than a minute , I developed sharp full headache and BP taken 5 minutes after rose to 163/120 with pulse at 97. Very traumatic. I’m 69, have headache and high pressure in sinuses an hour later and counting. Beware and if buy be sure to test single squeeze each nostril and wait 40 minutes or so."

Francophile June 20, 2017

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit (sodium chloride): "I will never travel without this again. I have severe allergies and nasal congestion. I often get sick overseas. Right now, I have so much nasal congestion and this gets it out so I can breathe through my nose for a while. I have to do it again in a few hours but I think it's worth it because I don't have to take a corticosteroid."

Joanie1028 May 31, 2017

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Packets (sodium chloride): "I used this twice yesterday and once this morning and got a headache all 3 times and it didn't help my post nasal drip. I won't use it again"

mykeynb April 28, 2017

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "I purchased Ayr Nasal Mist after experiencing another nose bleed and reading that saline spray would help keep nose not so dry. Immediately after taking just a small spray in each nostril I developed a sore throat, sneezing and throat irritation similar to a cold. I have not taken any more of this product and my symptoms are slowly clearing up. I also experienced headaches. At first I thought it was just a coincidence and I was getting a cold but after reading about this product now I know I cannot use it ever again. I should have read this before I purchased it."

Vbrish · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 4, 2017

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "Makes me sneeze every time, and is scented which is irritating and may even be the cause of the sneezing. Despite that, I persist in its use as its moisturizing gel properties are entirely effective."

Genome · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2016

"I have a bleeding, crust that doesn't seem to go away. I tried this for the first time. Just a little amount on the end of my nostrils and on the inner side as well. I don't know is what you guys are saying about a burn or drip for sore throats. Maybe you are applying to much or inhaling through your nose to hard which would cause it to get way up in ur sinus or w/e and lead to your throat. Just hack a loggie to get it out or I dunno what to tell you. But it seems to work for me no problem."

mark lindy September 11, 2016

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "swelling of tissue above eyelids"

Turku · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2016

Ayr Saline Nasal (sodium chloride): "I have used it two separate times and both times I have ended up with a severe sore throat, and laryngitis. Something I did not have before use. I blame it on the Ayr dripping down the back of my throat. I followed directions exactly."

Mdcon March 18, 2016

"I've used over the counter saline solution for a couple of years now but just opened a new generic brand from a well known store and am worried that this product has gone bad because my nasal passages are on fire and has caused an instant severe sore throat. I checked exp date and it is good til 2017. This has never happened before. Will be returning to store to report this. Be careful using this stuff."

marco123456576788909 February 6, 2016

Nasal Saline (sodium chloride): "does not work at all ,"

Gurria · Taken for 10 years or more January 13, 2016

"I spray my mouth when it's dry and it works well."

Learn more about Nasal Congestion

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)