User Reviews for Claritin-D

Allergic Rhinitis
4.5

Summary of Claritin-D reviews 6.7 44 reviews

Reviews for Claritin-D

For Allergic Rhinitis "Amazing at clearing up symptoms. However, I took this at around 10 am with a coffee and was up all night. It’s 24 hours later and I’m still wide awake and jittery, even after popping a Valium around 2 am. I already have sleep/anxiety issues...so no more Claritin D for me. The nice thing is my house is spotless after going in to some kind of manic cleaning mode while hopped up on Claritin D."

Bruggs (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Nasal Congestion "I took this at 10:00 am and it is now noon the next day and haven't slept at all. Will never take again, wish I had found this site before taking it. And the pharmacist said it could make me drowsy! Ha!!!"

Kristianne September 10, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "So I took this product for the first time and all I can say is they need to find away to create medicine that side effects aren't worse then what your using it to treat . I have major allergies but I'd rather suffer with a the stuffy runny nose sinus headache itchy watery eyes and cough then to ever take this medication again. It's just not worth all the side effects."

So sick of this (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Nasal Congestion "Works great only one I get anymore. Clears me up all day I forget I have a cold. The one one with psuedoephedrine you have to sign for only. It is a painful process to go thru but works the best. I have horrible sinuses all my life this stuff is such a miracle relief"

Pnutt July 2, 2018

For Nasal Congestion "I love this product. It clears my congestion and in 30 minutes I can breath again. I prepare for the side effects and, for me, they are worth being able to get air up my nose. My day takes a 180 turn for the better. Oxygen level goes up. Life is good."

Bon (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took Claritin-D about five pm. At 11 pm I went to bed but my heart was racing, I was jittery, and absolutely wide awake. My mouth was so dry it was uncomfortable. Watched the sunrise. Was still jittery, irritable, and anxious throughout the entire next day. It was about nine pm (so over 24 hours later) that I started feeling back to normal. Absolutely horrible. If I hadn’t read the other comments on this site I would have probably gone to the ER. Will never pseudoephedrine again take again."

Vettegirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Nasal Congestion "I used this before it went to over the counter. Indoor and outdoor allergies with previous sinus surgery. This works great for me. I do get the 12hour formula and make sure I take it before 6:00 am though. I also use the non decongestant form in the winter."

Bluebird May 7, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Took Claritin D yesterday at 9:00am and haven't slept since. Its 10:49am the next day and I'm miserable at work. Was wide awake all night. Thought I was going crazy until I found these reviews. Wish I checked this before buying it!"

sleepy (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Nasal Congestion "I used the 12-hour version. It works, but not for 12 hours. Lasted only about 3 hours, then symptoms returned. So, having to wait until the 12 hours is up to take more really sucks. Needs to be an every 4 hours drug."

Chelle (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Nasal Congestion "It’s good, but I can’t sleep. Awake the entire night! I keep taking it so I can breathe but I never get any sleep. That’s one bad side effect! I’m so wide-awake that I can clean the entire house!"

Christine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2018

For Nasal Congestion "I have post nasal drip and swelling from mucus in my throat. I’ve had surgery which was only about 50% effective. I started taking Claritin d about 3 years ago and it helped open me up but made me to jittery and made my heart race. I needed the pseudoephedrine to open me up. I discovered if I cut it in half it doesn’t effect me as bad and it still works to open me up. I have to take it by 10 am so it doesn’t effect my sleep later. No other effects from this medicine"

Anonymous January 26, 2018

For Nasal Congestion "Instead of going for my good old generic Sudafed-PE, I went for Claritin-D. Strike one. I got 24 hour relief ones. Strike two. I took the first (and only) pill at noon yesterday. It's past noon, and I had no sleep in the last 24 hours, I don't know how I am still awake. On the bright side, it does wonders to my post nasal drip, and stuffy nose. Still not worth it."

M_CU (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Worked great for my sinus and allergies. Had head and throats issues so bad so the pharmacist recommended Claritin D 24 hr.... I made the mistake of taking it at noon and it is now 6am and I'm still awake. Wired and jittery and my anxiety is ragging. I can't stop still... not worth the lack of sleep."

Vegas88 August 23, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "It worked for the allergies but I can not sleep. I took it early yesterday morning around 7 it is 1:15 am now. I tried melatonin and a Benadryl nothing! Never never again!"

JenBjim August 17, 2017

For Nasal Congestion "I'm 18 I have a severe sore throat to the point of my tonsils becoming inflamed and to add to that my ears started to hurt! So, I took Claritin D and I understand this is a decongestant so my ears were better but my throat was more dry (that's the side affect I found out later) and I'm up all night! was in bed from 10pm- 4am and now I have a 7 o clock flight great never again!!!"

Lingaq April 7, 2017

For Nasal Congestion "Definitely helps with nasal allergy symptoms but the side effects are not worth it. Thankful to googling & finding this site because I thought I'ld have to take myself to the ER. Jittery, rapid heartbeat, anxiety either from Claritin or from worrying about the jittery uneasy feelings. Thanks to everyone who has shared here. I think I'll just suffer my allergy symptoms naturally."

Barbara in Los Angeles July 11, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "I took Claritin D this morning because of severe nasal congestion, it was relieved after few hours but the side effects is not good, I can't sleep. I am so tired and want to rest but I am still wide awake until 1am. How I wish, I read the reviews first before taking it..so no more Claritin D...I will go back to Allegra."

Nhing May 8, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Super effective! I have been using it as needed for about three years now; however, tonight is the first night that it has ever kept me awake. I mean literally wide awake, cleaning my house at 3AM awake. Definitely worth it and clears up congestion instantly, but taking it in the late afternoon was a huge mistake!"

Kathryns12 April 26, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "great at eliminating allergies, but also eliminates sleep. I haven't slept in 4 nights and after googling, now I see why! not worth it."

no allergies, but no sleep!!!! (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Definitely cleared up my nasal congestion but totally not worth it due to the side effects. I took it around 9 this morning. It is now past midnight and I'm still feeling it. All day I have been jittery, anxious, irritable, and had terrible dry mouth. I'm exhausted right now but I can't sleep. Wish I read these reviews before taking!!!"

Livsmum (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Claritin D 24 hour works well for sinus issues. However the side effects that I experienced supercedes the effectiveness of the drug; decreased urinary stream, cloudy urine, straining to push out urine from bladder, Insomnia, headache, increased heart rate. All symptoms lasted approx 24 hours. Inconvenient to purchase, have to show drivers license as I found out its the main ingredient is used to make crystal meth."

Mrole45 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Clears up allergies like a charm but side effects are no joke. Jittery, trouble sleeping, massive anxiety, I couldn't sit still went on a cleaning binge for hours on end though lol. Woke up next day drained still feeling some side effects. Scary drug."

J1p2o3 November 28, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "Have terrible post nasal drip. Claritan is the only thing that works. No generics as good. Do find that the med works half the time it says it does;12 hr works for 6, 24 ? About 8. I take 12 hr twice a day in spring and fall. Deal with the hrs it's not working. Doesn't interfere with my sleep."

Tennismom (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2015

For Nasal Congestion "I literally have tried every home remedy and allergy medicine out there. Until I tried Walgreens generic claritin-d for nasal congestion and allergies, way cheaper and you get the same results. I had nasal congestion, fever/ headaches, itchy throat, and earaches. After one dose I felt like a new person. I truly recommend this product to anyone suffering from the same symptoms I had... :-)"

AAAXOX3 July 27, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "Very effective at eliminating allergies, but will keep you awake all night long. I took the 24 hour one in the early morning 7:30 am and laid in bed for 5 hours before I could fall asleep."

Anonymous April 19, 2015