User Reviews for Claritin-D

Learn more about Claritin-D.

Nasal Congestion 22 reviews 588 medications

7.8
Allergic Rhinitis 7 reviews 872 medications

5.6
Summary of Claritin-D reviews 29 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Claritin-D

For Nasal Congestion "Definitely helps with nasal allergy symptoms but the side effects are not worth it. Thankful to googling & finding this site because I thought I'ld have to take myself to the ER. Jittery, rapid heartbeat, anxiety either from Claritin or from worrying about the jittery uneasy feelings. Thanks to everyone who has shared here. I think I'll just suffer my allergy symptoms naturally."

Barbara in Los Angeles July 11, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "I took Claritin D this morning because of severe nasal congestion, it was relieved after few hours but the side effects is not good, I can't sleep. I am so tired and want to rest but I am still wide awake until 1am. How I wish, I read the reviews first before taking it..so no more Claritin D...I will go back to Allegra."

Nhing May 8, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Super effective! I have been using it as needed for about three years now; however, tonight is the first night that it has ever kept me awake. I mean literally wide awake, cleaning my house at 3AM awake. Definitely worth it and clears up congestion instantly, but taking it in the late afternoon was a huge mistake!"

Kathryns12 April 26, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "great at eliminating allergies, but also eliminates sleep. I haven't slept in 4 nights and after googling, now I see why! not worth it."

no allergies, but no sleep!!!! (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Definitely cleared up my nasal congestion but totally not worth it due to the side effects. I took it around 9 this morning. It is now past midnight and I'm still feeling it. All day I have been jittery, anxious, irritable, and had terrible dry mouth. I'm exhausted right now but I can't sleep. Wish I read these reviews before taking!!!"

Livsmum (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Claritin D 24 hour works well for sinus issues. However the side effects that I experienced supercedes the effectiveness of the drug; decreased urinary stream, cloudy urine, straining to push out urine from bladder, Insomnia, headache, increased heart rate. All symptoms lasted approx 24 hours. Inconvenient to purchase, have to show drivers license as I found out its the main ingredient is used to make crystal meth."

Mrole45 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

For Nasal Congestion "Clears up allergies like a charm but side effects are no joke. Jittery, trouble sleeping, massive anxiety, I couldn't sit still went on a cleaning binge for hours on end though lol. Woke up next day drained still feeling some side effects. Scary drug."

J1p2o3 November 28, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "Have terrible post nasal drip. Claritan is the only thing that works. No generics as good. Do find that the med works half the time it says it does;12 hr works for 6, 24 ? About 8. I take 12 hr twice a day in spring and fall. Deal with the hrs it's not working. Doesn't interfere with my sleep."

Tennismom (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2015

For Nasal Congestion "I literally have tried every home remedy and allergy medicine out there. Until I tried Walgreens generic claritin-d for nasal congestion and allergies, way cheaper and you get the same results. I had nasal congestion, fever/ headaches, itchy throat, and earaches. After one dose I felt like a new person. I truly recommend this product to anyone suffering from the same symptoms I had... :-)"

AAAXOX3 July 27, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "Very effective at eliminating allergies, but will keep you awake all night long. I took the 24 hour one in the early morning 7:30 am and laid in bed for 5 hours before I could fall asleep."

Anonymous April 19, 2015

For Nasal Congestion "I find opening this medication very difficult. I have to use scissors to open every time. Allegra is in a bottle and easy to use."

Anonymous April 13, 2015

For Nasal Congestion "Have had lifelong issues if Allergies and Sinus Congestion/Infections. This is the first thing that has worked. Only use the 12 hr formula taken early in the morning. 24 hr didn't allow me to sleep well. Noticed a higher heart rate/jittery feelings for abt the first two weeks, then my body got use to it. This med has improved my health and allowed me to stop taking multiple meds that could not provide the relief that taking one Claritin D has."

Thistleandabug February 28, 2015

For Nasal Congestion "Works for congestion & allergy symptoms but gave me terrible insomnia and jitters. "

Reznik November 13, 2014

For Nasal Congestion "This product worked well for my post nasal drip. But I felt extreme pressure in my sinuses, especially in my ears. I had terrible dry mouth which created a horrible sore throat. Not to mention I took it at night and I got terrible insomnia. I felt jittery and just absolutely horrible. I wish I read these reviews before taking it! No more Claritin D for me. Stick with the regular Claritin."

Adunne (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2014

For Nasal Congestion "I use Claritin D for my seasonal allergies. I started again this May, after taking it for a week I have noticed my heartbeats faster than normal (100's now from 60's) and my blood pressure went up from 110's systolic and 70's diastolic to 140's/90's with headaches. So, I was thinking what's going on with me, I started salad and no salt diet for a week now (lost 5 pounds and feels good), increased my cardio to 45-60mins 4 times a week, cut sodium intake but my Blood Pressure stays high. I started reading about Claritin D and BOOM. This is what is causing my blood pressure to rise up! Today, I stopped using it. Sticking to the plain Zyrtec."

Kickz May 23, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis "On its effectiveness, I rate it a 10, because it will completely eradicate all your allergy symptoms. However, the undesirable side effects lower the rating to a 3. It will keep you up ALL NIGHT LONG. It also made me jittery and nervous, as if I'd drank a dozen cups of coffee. "

Jeff E September 29, 2013

For Nasal Congestion "Claritin D did help my nasal congestion, but the side effects I experienced just weren't worth it. It made me nervous, jittery, and with extreme insomnia. I did notice that my nasal congestion improved, but I can't tolerate the side effects."

jtbiglin May 23, 2013

For Nasal Congestion "Great for treating allergy symptoms & nasal congestion that other medication did not helped. However had adverse reaction to the medication after a few days of taking it and was told to stop by my doctor; now back to having to suffer with allergies again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2012

For Nasal Congestion "During the winter I have a lot of trouble breathing because of the dry heaters. Blowing my nose is often not an option. Claritin D clears up the passages and allows me to breathe freely. I feel more alert and experience no side effects. I use the 12-hour pills no more than once a day."

Anonymous March 1, 2012

For Nasal Congestion "As an industrial insulation specialist I have spent the last 6 years of my life suffering from chronic sinusitis, constant fatigue, pressure in sinuses and behind my eyes, ear infections, sinus infections, colds in all seasons. After extensive doctor visits and lots and lots of medical bills I finally ran into an amazing doctor in the E.R. My sinuses had taken me on a turn for the worst, constant blurry vision, headaches, sinus pressure and pain, pain in ears, dry throat, disorientation, pain at the base of my skull, and constant fatigue. This doctor turned me on to Claritin D. I have felt like a brand new person ever since. I am loving life again, and living to the fullest. Thank you so much for changing my life Claritin D."

Anonymous November 13, 2011

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "This medication helped with my congestion however it makes me anxious, gives me a rapid heart beat and insomnia. "

Anonymous September 20, 2011

For Nasal Congestion "Doctors gave this medicine to me thinking I had allergy. I thought it was cold. I didnot have any runny nose, itchy eyes or anything as mentioned on the label of the box. I took Claritin-D 12 hrs when I felt I got congestion in nasal passage and felt like mucus was passing through the passage between nose and throat all the time and got different side effects all the time. This time I had severe side effects like started feeling feverish, heart was pounding faster, felt extremely weak; then I read about the side effects on this website."

nchatt July 22, 2011

For Nasal Congestion "This medicine is great. I was diagnosed with sinusitis and could not breath at all through my nose. After taking Claritin D what a difference. I could breath again and finally could get a good nights sleep. It does give me dry mouth so I just drink more water."

Anonymous May 16, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have suffered from sinus, allergies for at least five years. Just recently fluid behind my ear drumt made me dizzy. After five days of taking this no sinus no allergies and no dizziness. Been to ENT, been to allergist and used their high dollar medicines, none really helped. This on the 5th day is the best day I have had in a long long long time. Great medicine just hope it keeps on working. So far no side effects."

Texas19612520 March 19, 2011

For Nasal Congestion "I have used Claritin-D 24 for 5 years. I used to get sinusitis all the time. It was so bad, I usually missed 2-3 weeks of work per year. I was tested for allergies, but was allergic to nothing they tested for. I used to take it only seasonally, but as soon as I stopped, I would get sick again. Now I take it everyday and am very nervous if the pharmacy runs out. I do experience a few side effects, but have learned to manage them. For instance, I do not take it if I can't take it before 10 a.m. otherwise it causes insomnia. I also have dry-mouth, but have increased my water intake to 8 glasses per day (good for me). I have experienced joint pain in the last few years, but determined it was due to plantar's facitis. It's changed my life."

labrat1851 November 8, 2009