User Reviews for Advil Liqui-Gels

Advil Liqui-Gels has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings on Drugs.com. 80% of those users who reviewed Advil Liqui-Gels reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Gout, Acute   9.5
Headache   1.0
Summary of Advil Liqui-Gels reviews 7.6 20 reviews

Reviews for Advil Liqui-Gels

Katt · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2020

For Toothache: “I took Advil and its the only pain med I am able too. So I'm in in between a rock and a hard place. Because I know why my tooth hurts its swollen I got major gum issues”

Princess · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2020

For Period Pain: “Didn't work. I took 2 as the first dose because I have intense menstrual pain, but nothing happened. I waited for an hour before taking another one, hoping it would kick in, yet still nothing happened. I guess I can't say I'm surprised; nothing has ever helped my cramps. At this point I just need to see a doctor asap.”

Qu..n · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2020

For Headache: “The gel tablets don't work at all for headaches never buying these again.I will only buy the regular Advil.”

Asax April 25, 2020

For Period Pain: “I've had extremely painful menstrual cramps since I started my period. After having it checked and prescribed many different pain relievers by doctors, I finally tried Advil liqui-gel capsules and its definitely the only one that's worked. Mind you the cramps were so bad I couldn't move from the bed for the first 2 days, vomiting, couldn't get sleep and back pain. This has become a lot less now for the past 3 months since I've been taking liqui-gels.”

Dylpickle · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

For Pain: “Well I stabbed myself in the hand with a large knife on accident and the only thing that is keeping it from hurting after getting stitches is Advil. Actually helping quite a bit”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 15, 2019

For Muscle Pain: “Advil works great for inflammation and pain but has anybody experience blood vessels breaking under the skin after long term use? If I scratch my arm over my clothes it will make a horrible spot. It only happens on my arms so weird.”

Darkchocolate · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

For Period Pain: “As much as I don’t like taking medications (I just feel like it’s not good for your kidneys and it’s not natural), I suffer from very painful period cramps every month. I tried using other remedies but TBH none of them work (even for weed). I normally feel very weak on my first day of period and I almost can’t feel any blood in my limbs. Pain killers like advil works well and I felt like I was normal again. Would recommend it.”

Lathalweapon June 13, 2019

For Toothache: “Been there done that. I've tried everything there is to offer for tooth pain with zero results. I have a huge hole in a lower wisdom tooth as we speak. When waiting to get in to the poor man's dentist it can take a month or more. (Based on income) I have 2 more weeks and I am counting down the minutes. ”

Bon · Taken for 10 years or more October 18, 2018

For Pain: “I've been taking Advil liquid gel caps for years for the relief of migraines. The last couple of years I've been developing itching scalp that followed with swollen eyes, lips and tongue. I thought at first it was something I was eating or coming in contact with. I never suspected it to be my Advils since I've been taking them for years and these reactions kind of new. I've been paying close attention to what I do and eat and I found that it was most definitely the Advils that were causing these side effects which often sent me to the emergency when my tongue would swell. I just wanted to share this experience cause it took me 2yrs to figure the cause of my itchy scalp, swollen eyes, lips and tongue that would last for two days for swelling to reduce.”

hihihi · Taken for 10 years or more September 16, 2018

For Period Pain: “I have awful menstrual pain, and if I don't do anything about it, I lie in bed all day, vomiting and writhing in pain. Advil liquid gels are the only medication that totally relieve my pain, and it does so within minutes!!! Without advil liquid gels, I wouldn't be able to function, and would need to take time off work. Thank you advil liquid gels, you are my saviour!!!”

shannon · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 29, 2018

For Toothache: “I dont know why the rating for this medication is so low , unless it is because people just haven't tried it in which case I would highly recommend doing so. These are my go-to , the liquid medicine means it works faster and though you can't cure tooth pain fast enough , I can always count on these taking the edge off ..I don't bother taking anything else !”

ShawnaL977 February 2, 2016

For Headache: “STAY AWAY FROM THIS. Took this medication at 5 am when I woke up with a headache. Took an advil extra strength. Shortly after, I was puking my guts up for like an hour. I had an exam that morning too. Needless to say, I failed my exam. Thank you advil. I do not recommend this.”

FeFe77 August 17, 2014

For Period Pain: “I suffer with endometriosis. Due to this the pain is brutal. I have tried most everything under the sun for relief. I highly recommend ADVIL LIQ-GELS, for fast relief with little stomach upset.”

MercuryFan December 6, 2013

For Fever: “Gels are better and work faster than the tablet form.”

jim074 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 6, 2012

For Pain: “Didn't help much.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2012

For Gout, Acute: “I have chronic gout problems, been having for 15 years. Advil works good for my back pain and most of the time for joint pain if taken at the first feeling of gout flare. Taking four 200mg caps at a time.”

Anonymous November 30, 2010

For Period Pain: “The pain was in my back for some odd reason instead of my stomach and it was gone about 20-30 minutes after I took the Advil. I could feel nothing for about two hours.”

Lanc the tank September 16, 2009

For Gout, Acute: “I asked my pharmacist what the best over the counter treatment for arthritis swelling was. He recommended the Advil. I took one capsule at noon, it is close to midnight and my swelling has gone down considerably, the pain has as well.”

Dunn May 10, 2009

For Pain: “I was suffering from severe body pain, muscle ache due to severe exhaustion after a tiring day at work. Came home, had some dinner and took one Advil-liquid gel (with food works best for me), and when I wake up in the morning, it's almost like what was I complaining about? I was back at the gym working out.”

tmbartle April 10, 2009

For Back Pain: “Works better for my back pain than Oxycontin”

Anonymous April 23, 2008

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Absolutely could not have survived the pain and inflammation without this drug. It is gentle and safe enough to take 800mg with food. The liquid gels seem to work (gets into my system) much quicker than just plain ibuprofen.”