User Reviews for Homatropine / hydrocodone

Also known as: Hycodan, Hydromet, Hydromide, Hydropane, Hydrotropine, Tussigon

Learn more about Homatropine/hydrocodone.

Homatropine/hydrocodone Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 683 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Homatropine/hydrocodone to treat Cough

"I've been coughing for almost two weeks now from a bad sinus infection and no otc meds were working for me. So my doctor prescribed this syrup for me and it has worked wonders. It has greatly reduced my coughing and I'm able to sleep again. I've only experienced mild dizziness with this medication. And I'm usually knocked out an hour after taking it, which is amazing."

jadestone_ April 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine made me feel sick ,I was alone at home had to call 911, It lowered my blood pressure and I fainted"

Beautiful Sunset February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "This worked....I didn't have any side effects."

Coughing for 2 months (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Is not working as before"

Lolo Martin January 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "For about 25 or 30 years, I've had at least 2 bouts a year with bronchitis accompanied with a non-productive cough. There was no way I could sleep; I could only lay there and cough on schedule about every 30 seconds to a minute. Then I got Hydromet. Best cough suppressant ever. Just don't sip your dosage straight from the bottle, use a teaspoon, because you'll just overdose and possibly get the most frightening nightmares you'll ever experience. Believe me, it was very vivid and frightening dreams; and they would recur if you try to sleep again. After using the correct dosage there were no problems. Only my luck ran out when my long time doctor wouldn't prescribe anymore. I'm trying to add another doctor that will prescribe it."

John Pottorff January 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After having no luck with the prescription Virtussin, I went to doctor and got Rx for hydrocodone/homatropine. I was nervous about all the nausea statements, so I had a small snack before I tried it. It did not completely stop the cough, but it certainly reduced it enough to let me grab a couple of hours sleep. The directions call for 1 teaspoon every 4 to 6 hours. Fortunately, I did not experience any nausea. When I did wake up in the middle of the night, I usually stayed up for about 30 minutes drinking ginger ale, having a snack, and trying to cough up some of the phlegm. All in all, I am pretty happy with this drug. It is also possible that the Virtussin that I originally tried was just old."

Brad Cole January 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a terrible cough for days with no relief. Tried tessalon perles with some relief but cough persisted. We happened to have this cough med in the bathroom and my husband suggested I take some. I was reluctant because of being prone to nausea with pain meds. I was desperate so I took the prescribed dose. It helped almost immediately and I didn't cough at all for hours and slept great. Plus no nausea. It gives your body time to rest and heal. Maybe get a prescription for an anti nausea med to go along with it if that's a problem for you. Do yourself a favor and try it. Do a test with a half dose at first."

Sharno (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had asthma as an adult and been treated for it. I developed a chronic cough several years ago and went to almost every Dr. and test only to hear, Don't know what is wrong with you. So this syrup keeps me from coughing and dries up the mucus. I can sleep at night and do normal activities during the day. If I have a coughing spell it causes me to sneeze and sometimes vomit nothing but fluid or phlegm I only take 1/4 or 1/2 teasp. and this is enough. I only take it if I am starting to cough when I lay down for bed.. No worry about addiction for me as I take enough meds. already. It works for me without side effects."

cough aholic (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "I was prescribed hydromet for a flu related cough. It did great for taking care of my cough, but the vomiting, itching, headache and light sensitivity that I have as side effects isn't worth it for me."

Rustyplowfarms (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "I had this medicine from last year for my asthma attack and continuous cough from the allergy season. I took the medice yesterday night about 9:00 p.m. Then I tried to drink a soup but I couldn't because I was so dizzy and with nausea. I went to sleep but I couldn't. I got off this morning feeling in the same way, but anyway I went to work, one hour later I came back home after threw up 3 times and I am still on bed."

Mechiet April 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"They gave me 150 mg for my cough so i could actually sleep at night but it didnt work for me at all. Didnt stop my cough and didnt help me fall asleep it was pretty pointless because i felt like it wouldnt work. Now im running on 2-4 hours of sleep and a cup of coffee at school trying to do my work."

SLowlyDying (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It slows the cough down, but doesn't cut it out completely. I was given this medicine for the Flu, and it did help with my body aches. Doesn't make me go to sleep like I had hoped."

Babygirl1226 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took the recommended dosage before bed when prescribed for bronchitis to help suppress cough and allow me some rest. To my extreme disappointment and surprise, 1 hour later I feel blanketed in a thick, heavy fog but completely unable to sleep because I'm WIDE awake. For hours. I can barely lift my head off the pillow and if I do, I'm in a world of awful swirls, dizzy, and I'm trying to get my confused body to the toilet before I'm throwing up in my bed. 24 hours and 15 vomit sessions later, I'd rather have bronchitis. Never. Again."

Jen Swatzie March 1, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Makes me very drowsy, induces vertigo, BUT stops cough better than any other treatment I've tried."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It worked just OK with the first dose, after that it didn't do much to control the cough. I also found it did nothing to help getting the mucus up. I had no adverse side effects such as nausea, vomiting or dizziness. This is with a carefully measured dose of one teaspoon. Overall I found it to be non effective."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "I've been prone to severe bronchitis since I was a baby. Finally when I'm 39 the doctor prescribed a cough syrup that makes me stop coughing so I can get some damn sleep! if you haven't taken it before I suggest a 1/4 dose to start since it's a strong narcotic and go from there. But once you get used to it, it's all good feelings and sound sleep. I see that pretty much every negative review was due to side effects. Well this ain't otc it's the real deal, so treat it with respect."

bronchitissufferer (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "I kept this cough syrup even though it was five years old. Took it to stop an uncontrollable cough and boy did it work! I was able to sleep soundly, better than ever. Woke up and did not feel like moving much. I would not take this if I had to go to work in the day. I only took one teaspoon and have done it for two nights."

Ophelia1 September 24, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "One 5ml dose of Hydromet had me nauseous and vomiting for around 8 hours. It killed my cough while also killing me. The end."

Ashleytation (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "This stuff works great! All the other over the counter does not work. No side affects for me, only relief. Thank god for hydromet!"

Slim shady47547572211 September 9, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Stopped the cough, but really "wired" me. Could not sleep, so hydrocodone for stopping the cough was useless for helping me to sleep--- which was the purpose for the med for me. Also, mouth so dry, felt like cotton balls were in my mouth. Only took one dose of this med! Using 2 Benadryl and one Tessalon Perle helped better."

Lyb0961 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been congested and coughing for five days finally went to the doctor and they gave me this medicine. I started taking it at 8pm last night and I have take two doses of it now. It works immediately. My only concern is it is now 5am and I haven't been sleepy or drowsy. I have been up all night with tons of energy. This stuff is really good."

LynninAlabama December 31, 2014

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "Worked great for my cough but I made the mistake of taking it on an empty stomach and 8 hours later am still severely nauseous and vomiting."

justwannafeelbetter86 November 11, 2014

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hycodan (homatropine / hydrocodone): "Worked well in terms of stopping my cough, but even at the lowest dose (5ml) I got extreme nausea and vomiting and had to switch to a different hydrocodone-based syrup."

Kat85 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2014

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Hydromet (homatropine / hydrocodone): "The only cough syrup I have ever used that works every time."

Tony6420 November 4, 2014

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I followed the instructions precisely to take one teaspoon;I took only one dose. The syrup caused severe nausea and stomach discomfort that persisted for more than 24 hours."

GWalker22 June 4, 2014