User Reviews for Duexis

Osteoarthritis 4 reviews 345 medications

5.2
Summary of Duexis reviews 6 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Duexis

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have degenerative joint due to arthritis and was given samples by physician worked fine. The joint is in my foot so walking was improved"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I have 5 lumbar 5 cervical bulging discs = left sciatic, left hip pain, bilateral wrist to above elbow pain. The pain is severe. Per MD orders, I took Duexis 7 days on/7 days off for two cycles. When I stop, within 3-4 days pain makes my life dysfunctional. Within 2 days of starting, the pain decreases significantly. The drug is extremely expensive so MD ordered 800 mg tablets ibuprofen and I bought over the counter 10 mg famotadine tabs. I have been taking that duo twice a day and the Duexis once a day. I am very reluctant to take this med long term because of my age (70 ), IBS, and possible liver/kidney problems. However, it is the ONLY regime right now that relieves the pain."

careful nurse January 22, 2016

"I have had injections for a severe lower back injury and have tried many different pain meds. Nothing helped me until My Dr. prescribed Duexis. This medication has given me my life back! I do think it might make me retain a little fluid and I maybe gained a few pounds but nothing significant. Also causes some gas. Nothing severe though! My pain level went from a 9/10 to a 2/3 sometimes even a 1 on this medicine!"

Releived (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

"I was prescribed Duexis for bursitis and IT Band syndrome. After taking five tablets over two days, according to the directions and always with food, the effects were unbearable. I first noticed rapid weight gain then severe stomach pain, and ultimately diarrhea which was black and sticky. Wicked stuff. Stopped immediately, will resume with low doses of ibuprofen and naproxen. The only good thing I can say about it is that it did control my pain and provided a deep, restful sleep."

Fitness Buff (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "Took for a week, within 3 days I had major bloating and gas. Each day got worse and stomach pain unbearable. I'm On my way to urgent care now."

TMJones May 1, 2015

For Osteoarthritis "After taking one pill twice per day for three weeks I suddenly experienced in the middle of the night an excessive amount of blood being discharges with diarrhea. This continued every two to three hours until mid-morning when I was admitted to a hospital. I was dx with diverticulosis and admitted over night. Was treated with antibiotics. The bleeding stopped by midafternoon. The following day I was discharged and then went to see my family Dr. He did not believe that I had diverticulosis as I had NO pain associated with the episodes. After reviewing my meds he told me I should contact the prescribing Dr(knee specialist) regarding the episode and continuing the meds for pain. I was told by the surgeons nurses to stop the meds."

Yankguy70 March 30, 2015

For NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis "I was prescribed this after a car accident. Worked so well and I no longer had to take Pepcid AC 2 x a day!"

Decatladt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2014

For Osteoarthritis "Easy to take, no side effects, but did not relieve pain and discomfort as well as expected. Did not seem to be any more effective than Advil Liqui-Gels, which have been taken for the pain condition for several months."

ChrisN22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2014