User Reviews for Rituxan

Rituxan has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 29 ratings on Drugs.com. 79% of those users who reviewed Rituxan reported a positive effect, while 12% reported a negative effect.

Rheumatoid Arthritis
10.0
Summary of Rituxan reviews 8.2 29 reviews

Reviews for Rituxan

Cathy · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 28, 2021

For Microscopic polyangiitis: “I started on rituximab two years ago due to vascularitus which attacked my kidneys. I lost 50 percent of kidney function. I was already suffering from RA and was using embrel and methotrexate. Rituximab now treats both illnesses for me. I did however get pneumonia twice in the second year but maybe that was due to the fact that l missed taking my antibiotic sometimes, so follow your doctors instructions well. I am so thankful for this treatment, l am in great form, had no side effects, no pain and my illnesses are stable. Scientific progress is great.”

Mom of New patient · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

“My 14 yr old daughter was diagnosed w/lupus nephritis IV 3 weeks ago. I didn't agree w/ the infusion of Rituxan & protested but it was administered even though the prescribing procedure clearly states "DO NOT ADMINISTER TO PATIENTS WITH RENAL IMPAIRMENT". I read that it was NOT approved to treat lupus in adults or children. The side effects have been extremely painful for her. I'm livid because her RA has no interest in even seeing her until the next infusion has been approved. Her nephrologist hasn't called either but In my opinion this isn't a typical OTC that you infuse & send a patient home without worrying about the effects.”

Sonny May 11, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have Rheumatoid Arthritis for the last 26 years tried numerous drugs for it methotrexate hydrochloride gold injections enbrel but had really bad side effects then Consultant put me on Rituximab 10 years a go I feel much better have less joint pain. I get itchy skin especially after a shower have to take an Antihistamine tablet sometimes headaches but I cope with all that it’s worth it I am thankful for that drug it really does help”

peggy6537 March 6, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have had 2 infusions of Rituxan for rheumatoid arthritis. Within 4 days of the first infusion I was beginning to feel better. I am 5 days out from my second infusion and I can already move with little or no pain for the first time in over a year. For me, its been a life saver.”

MsAnna · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 30, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “After failing all other RA treatments, I was high-dose steroid dependent and running out of options. I'll admit, the PML risk had scared me off from trying Rituxan sooner; however the increasing (and very real) risk of becoming non-functional scared me more. I began infusions about 4 years ago. While most patients receive concomitant methotrexate therapy, I do not, due to liver damage from previous methotrexate use. Rituxan has improved my quality of life physically, mentally, emotionally. My advanced RA will never allow me to live "normally" but I am the best me I can be with this treatment. Side effects are minimal for me; nausea for a few days after each infusion. That's my story!”

myra · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “In mid December of 2018 I had my first infusion after others like orencia no longer worked. I was scared of this drug because of the noted side effects. I had no pain in my joints after my first infusion. A day later I had a lot of energy and did not get tired like before. I went 2 weeks later for the second infusion & continue to feel no pain. No side effects so far. Finally got off steroids. I did feel very tired last night, a first. Perhaps it was because I was really tired. Woke up this morning feeling well rested and no pain. I hope this is a sign of things to come.”

Nosymptoms · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Rituxan has completely changed my life for the better. I was in a clinical trial and tried several other medications with some success but my symptoms eventually returned. After four sessions of Rituxan over a two year period I stopped seeing my RA doctor because I had no symptoms. I am now going into my 4th year without pain. I am playing softball, tennis and golf without any pain. I highly recommend this drug to anyone dealing with RA.”

Nicoco · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This is the first day I've had ZERO pain in 6 years. I tried Enbrel - good but not strong enough after 2 years. Humira - allergic. I just finished my second infusion from Rituxan. And I am cautiously happy. Absolutely no pain anywhere.”

RobGee June 15, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Entering the 7th hour of the process during my 1st infusion; I experienced annoying itching deep within my ears, back of throat, head and face. Shortly after the "push", increasing the drip, I broke out into hives on my face, head and neck with red welts ironically appearing in the areas where I had historically given myself the Enbrel injections...front of both thighs and stomach. Enbrel had stopped its effectiveness after almost 2 yrs and it had been almost 1 month from my last injection prior to the infusion. My Dr made the decision to discontinue the infusion fearing that my allergic reaction may cause anaphylaxis.”

Anonymous October 3, 2011

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “After first round of chemo with Rituxan...my lymphoma lump was completely gone to the touch. Yes...I did have a mild reaction the first time Rituxan was administered, but it was easily resolved with a little Benadryl and a slow down of the Rituxan drip. I did not have any allergic reaction of the subsequent two rounds of chemo. After only three rounds of chemo, I had another PET/CT scan...and was deemed in total remission. Almost a year later....and still no return of the lymphoma and I feel great. It is amazing what medical science can do today to treat and cure people of cancer.”

Beck beck November 14, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I had my first round 6 months ago sitting here starting my 2nd round as we speak. No side effects and even though my joints are still swollen I feel so much better. My dr is hopeful that this round will help with the inflammation. I'll get my 2nd dose with this round in 2 weeks!! I'm hopeful and thankful”

Donna · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 28, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I’ve been on Rituxan infusions two to three times a year for 10 years. My RA symptoms are virtually non-existent. Don’t want to change meds/therapies. Tried Enbrel with methotrexate, remicade with methotrexate. None of the above gave me relief until Rituxan!”

Judi in Bon Air, Va. · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 2, 2013

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: “I was diagnosed with CLL 10/2005. I began Rituxan 5/2012 once the lymph nodes began to enlarge and my counts were doubling. Initially I was infused once per week for a month; I have continued with this infusion but moved to a monthly visit. It is now July/2013 and my numbers have dropped significantly and my doctor has moved to a maintenance program....infusion every other month. I have never had any side effects from the infusions and doctor is pleased that I've not required chemotherapy medicines added to get same results. Prior to each infusion, I take two 25mg Benadryl and a Tylenol. Perhaps these medicines beforehand have aided me. I have no complaints!”

SRR · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 7, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I’m sensitive & allergic to more meds than not. I was diagnosed with RA 10 years ago @ 35 years old. We tried everything, and decided on retuxin, which scared me, but I’m so grateful I tried it! First one was very uncomfortable, I can’t take any steroids (very allergic) so I rely on Benadryl IV. I had a mild reaction toward the end, felt bad for days. Went 2 weeks later, same thing. I thought, I’m not doing this if I’m going to feel rubbish for 2 weeks. Almost exactly 4 months later, I started feeling all the fun stuff that had gone with RA. I had forgotten how I typically felt. It worked very quickly on me, and has only gotten better. I went to my doc, she said, you’re a 4 month person. Personally, retuxin was the starting point of a complete life shift. I felt better, which gave me energy, which allowed me to slowly start going to the gym, which goes hand in hand with eating clean. It has been a life changing medication for me.”

BigPoppy April 16, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I had first infusion with no problems during administration but 2 weeks after I had to go to the E.R. with a heart arrhythmia and had to have my heart shocked back into normal rhythm. Two days later had second infusion with no problems during administration. 2 weeks later same thing...back to the E.R....heart shocked back into rhythm . Heart rate was stuck at 150 bpm. Had to be put in hospital for 4 days to be given an anti - arrhythmic drug that can also cause a fatal arrhythmia. So I would be cautious if you have any type of heart problem prior to taking Rituxan. I will not ever take it again.”

jmbwholesale · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 14, 2013

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “In 2009 after 6 rounds of RCHOP chemo, then BCNU chemo in the hospital, a bone marrow transplant, I had 3 years of remission. In Oct. 2012, rediagnosed out of remission, started on 6 rounds of bendamustine and Rituxan. The 6th month was skipped due to a low WBC of 2.4. I will continue on Rituxan for maintenance. I began my journey at stage 4E. I was rediagnosed after a fall in May, and was back to stage 4 by October 2012, so the combination of bendamustine and Rituxan have done good. I will receive Rituxan every 3 months or sooner as a precautionary measure.”

Duarte March 30, 2011

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “Extremely important medicine for me with Lymphoma low grade stage 1 under my right eyelid. Very rare location for lymphoma. The first time I did 4 sessions with Rituxan in Jun/2010 and now March/2011 the second time. The pictures show my eyes before and after and big different this medicine made. Thanks doctors and nurses for brilliant work. Itchy was my first side effect and second time no side effects at all. Highly recommended.”

rlhatfield7 December 4, 2010

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “Just finished my sixth round of chemo treatment. I had Follicular B Cell Lymphoma. One on my right shoulder, one on in my neck and two on my chest. After fourth round and a PET scan, Doctor diagnosed me as being in 100% remission. I will do more research on the Rituxan maintenance program recommended by my Oncologist. I had a reaction to the Rituxan my first treatment but did not have any other problems with the medicine. Highly recommended”

exador October 21, 2011

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “I had Rituximab treatment over four weeks for a lymphoma on my newly (three months) transplanted kidney. The result was total remission, which truly amazed me. It's almost three years now, and I often think about what situation I'd be in if it hadn't been detected purely by chance.”

Sydmave · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 2, 2013

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: “I have gone through three rounds of Rituxan for Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia triggered by early stage Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Each time I have had initial reactions with the first dose. My throat and ears get itchy and my throat starts to swell. They give me IV Benadryl and have administered Decadron, slowed down the infusion and I have done okay. It is very gradual improvement in my hemoglobin. So slow that I'm not sure it is working but my doctors believe it is. The only alternative is prednisone which makes me completely hyper and unable to sleep. Rituxan is the better alternative. Unfortunately it is not stopping my AIHA just keeping my hemoglobin up. It is extremely expensive though. ”

SuzRJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2017

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “After 6 rounds of chemo (2 drugs, 2 days - Bendamustine & Retuximab), I had Stage 3 b-cell Lymphoma, I am cancer free. My oncologist wants me to do a maintenance program of the Retuximab every 2 months for 2 years. Is the maintenance necessary?”

Achy person · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Did not finish first treatment, had scratchy throat reaction. I was there about 4 1/2 hours, getting the medicine for about 50 minutes. I think I could have tolerated it longer, but they quit. What I really don't understand is why this has to be such a massive expensive procedure. I could feel the achiness dissipating in the 50 minutes. Why isn't there a shorter simpler method/option? I would be willing to continue if it were given, say once a month, in a smaller dose and simpler less expensive procedure. probably causing less reaction. Why? Why? Why?”

why not December 11, 2008

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “This is my second round with Rituxan (3 and 1/2 years ago and now). Two years ago I had Bexxar. The first infusion helped shrink the nodes and spleen but only by 1/2. The Bexxar brought them to normal size. I'm trying Rituxan again because two nodes popped up 2 and 1/2 years after the Bexxar. It is hoped that the Rituxan will operate as a maintenance to remission. If so, the two enlarged nodes will be radiated to keep growth in check.”

dugly February 19, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I feel for Kid in his comments, I too have severe itching of the skin, and have been on rituxan for almost ten years,I am also always cold and feels like my skin is thinning, told my rummy but nothing done yet.”

Neena · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “I had my first treatment two days ago for NHL and other than a flu like symptoms once or twice a day I feel good for at least 6 hours and then I will take motrin and feel good another 6 hours. I feel great in the morning and go down hill in the afternoon. What's odd is that my hip and leg pain on my left side is going away. I don't know if Rituxan can work that fast but I feel better already. I have the infusion once a week so we'll see how I continue to do. But so far I'm only missing one day a week of work and that's my infusion day. The next day is a little tough from feeling so tired but then I feel back to my old self for a few hours,”

Jazzperc · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 20, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “For me Rituxan has been the best medicine yet. I have been through Enbrel and Humira which helped but began to lose their effectiveness after awhile.”

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “I am doing maintenance with Rituxan for Non Hodgin's Lymphoma. Last Chemo was March 2011. This medicine saved my life, and still does so.”

Bw853 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I had two infusions. Both lasted 18-20 hours. I couldn't tolerate the infusion faster than 33ml/hr. I would get chest pain and muscle rigors. MD refused to continue after that. ”