User Reviews for Rituxan to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rituxan has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 69% of those users who reviewed Rituxan reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Rituxan Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Rituxan

Sonny May 11, 2020

“I have Rheumatoid Arthritis for the last 26 years tried numerous drugs for it methotrexate hydrochloride gold injections enbrel but had really bad side effects then Consultant put me on Rituximab 10 years a go I feel much better have less joint pain. I get itchy skin especially after a shower have to take an Antihistamine tablet sometimes headaches but I cope with all that it’s worth it I am thankful for that drug it really does help”

dugly February 19, 2020

“I feel for Kid in his comments, I too have severe itching of the skin, and have been on rituxan for almost ten years,I am also always cold and feels like my skin is thinning, told my rummy but nothing done yet.”

mann · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

“I have taken this medicine Rituxan in 2018 November. After first course of Rituxan, I observed difference after 2 month. My pain gradually decreased to zero pain.”

peggy6537 March 6, 2009

“I have had 2 infusions of Rituxan for rheumatoid arthritis. Within 4 days of the first infusion I was beginning to feel better. I am 5 days out from my second infusion and I can already move with little or no pain for the first time in over a year. For me, its been a life saver.”

MsAnna · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 30, 2017

“After failing all other RA treatments, I was high-dose steroid dependent and running out of options. I'll admit, the PML risk had scared me off from trying Rituxan sooner; however the increasing (and very real) risk of becoming non-functional scared me more. I began infusions about 4 years ago. While most patients receive concomitant methotrexate therapy, I do not, due to liver damage from previous methotrexate use. Rituxan has improved my quality of life physically, mentally, emotionally. My advanced RA will never allow me to live "normally" but I am the best me I can be with this treatment. Side effects are minimal for me; nausea for a few days after each infusion. That's my story!”

myra · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

“In mid December of 2018 I had my first infusion after others like orencia no longer worked. I was scared of this drug because of the noted side effects. I had no pain in my joints after my first infusion. A day later I had a lot of energy and did not get tired like before. I went 2 weeks later for the second infusion & continue to feel no pain. No side effects so far. Finally got off steroids. I did feel very tired last night, a first. Perhaps it was because I was really tired. Woke up this morning feeling well rested and no pain. I hope this is a sign of things to come.”

Nosymptoms · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2015

“Rituxan has completely changed my life for the better. I was in a clinical trial and tried several other medications with some success but my symptoms eventually returned. After four sessions of Rituxan over a two year period I stopped seeing my RA doctor because I had no symptoms. I am now going into my 4th year without pain. I am playing softball, tennis and golf without any pain. I highly recommend this drug to anyone dealing with RA.”

Nicoco · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2017

“This is the first day I've had ZERO pain in 6 years. I tried Enbrel - good but not strong enough after 2 years. Humira - allergic. I just finished my second infusion from Rituxan. And I am cautiously happy. Absolutely no pain anywhere.”

RobGee June 15, 2014

“Entering the 7th hour of the process during my 1st infusion; I experienced annoying itching deep within my ears, back of throat, head and face. Shortly after the "push", increasing the drip, I broke out into hives on my face, head and neck with red welts ironically appearing in the areas where I had historically given myself the Enbrel injections...front of both thighs and stomach. Enbrel had stopped its effectiveness after almost 2 yrs and it had been almost 1 month from my last injection prior to the infusion. My Dr made the decision to discontinue the infusion fearing that my allergic reaction may cause anaphylaxis.”

Beck beck November 14, 2016

“I had my first round 6 months ago sitting here starting my 2nd round as we speak. No side effects and even though my joints are still swollen I feel so much better. My dr is hopeful that this round will help with the inflammation. I'll get my 2nd dose with this round in 2 weeks!! I'm hopeful and thankful”

Donna · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 28, 2019

“I’ve been on Rituxan infusions two to three times a year for 10 years. My RA symptoms are virtually non-existent. Don’t want to change meds/therapies. Tried Enbrel with methotrexate, remicade with methotrexate. None of the above gave me relief until Rituxan!”

SRR · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 7, 2018

“I’m sensitive & allergic to more meds than not. I was diagnosed with RA 10 years ago @ 35 years old. We tried everything, and decided on retuxin, which scared me, but I’m so grateful I tried it! First one was very uncomfortable, I can’t take any steroids (very allergic) so I rely on Benadryl IV. I had a mild reaction toward the end, felt bad for days. Went 2 weeks later, same thing. I thought, I’m not doing this if I’m going to feel rubbish for 2 weeks. Almost exactly 4 months later, I started feeling all the fun stuff that had gone with RA. I had forgotten how I typically felt. It worked very quickly on me, and has only gotten better. I went to my doc, she said, you’re a 4 month person. Personally, retuxin was the starting point of a complete life shift. I felt better, which gave me energy, which allowed me to slowly start going to the gym, which goes hand in hand with eating clean. It has been a life changing medication for me.”

BigPoppy April 16, 2017

“I had first infusion with no problems during administration but 2 weeks after I had to go to the E.R. with a heart arrhythmia and had to have my heart shocked back into normal rhythm. Two days later had second infusion with no problems during administration. 2 weeks later same thing...back to the E.R....heart shocked back into rhythm . Heart rate was stuck at 150 bpm. Had to be put in hospital for 4 days to be given an anti - arrhythmic drug that can also cause a fatal arrhythmia. So I would be cautious if you have any type of heart problem prior to taking Rituxan. I will not ever take it again.”

Achy person · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2018

“Did not finish first treatment, had scratchy throat reaction. I was there about 4 1/2 hours, getting the medicine for about 50 minutes. I think I could have tolerated it longer, but they quit. What I really don't understand is why this has to be such a massive expensive procedure. I could feel the achiness dissipating in the 50 minutes. Why isn't there a shorter simpler method/option? I would be willing to continue if it were given, say once a month, in a smaller dose and simpler less expensive procedure. probably causing less reaction. Why? Why? Why?”

Jazzperc · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 20, 2013

“For me Rituxan has been the best medicine yet. I have been through Enbrel and Humira which helped but began to lose their effectiveness after awhile.”

Bw853 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2014

“I had two infusions. Both lasted 18-20 hours. I couldn't tolerate the infusion faster than 33ml/hr. I would get chest pain and muscle rigors. MD refused to continue after that. ”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis