User Reviews for Rituximab

Also known as: Rituxan

Learn more about Rituximab.

Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis 2 reviews 0 medications

Bullous Pemphigoid 1 reviews 76 medications

Microscopic polyangiitis 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Rituximab reviews 55 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Rituximab

For Bullous Pemphigoid: "I had 2 infusions in June, 2 weeks apart. Had a severe reaction with the first infusion and a mild reaction with the second infusion. Have not noticed any changes in my condition. I've read it might take up to 3 months to see the effects of rituximab. Am still taking azathioprine, prednisone and doxycycline to manage symptoms."

Photodancer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had been taking Rutuxin which work great. My insurance paid for some and the maker of rituxan paid the rest it was great,but when I turned 65 years old the Medicare was the only one paying and I had to come up with $592.00which was high for me cause I'm retired and I make less money. So I stop taking it. That was the biggest mistake I made. I could not function R.A. is not only about the pain I had no strength in my hands I could bath comb my hair get dressed by myself. I tried so many different meds didn't work. I then decided I needed to find a way to pay for the medication so I went back to taking rituxan. So far it's a lot better than I have been but I still have my four weeks isn't up so I'm hopful"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA in 1998 and have been on most of the drugs available. Enbrel worked great for 6 years then it just stopped. Since then nothing has worked . I had my first infusion of Rituxan 3 weeks ago and we had to stop infusion due to itching in ears and throat, pushed more steroids and waited about an hour before restarting with slower and diluted drip. Had 2nd infusion last week with no reaction during Infusion I take methotrexate by injection as well and have noticed no new side effects. Just fatigued for a 4/5 days after infusions and always the day after methotrexate. Dr said to give it 3 to 6 months to begin working. So I will wait with lots of hope!"

Eeyore06 July 8, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 1997. Failed Enbrel and Humira with hives, itching. Tried Orencia but their patient program and delivering meds was a huge disappointment (IV med only available at the time). MTX caused my liver enzymes to go nuts. Started Rituxan in 2009. My results were atypical. Rituxan is my liquid gold with a platinum price tag! A few weeks after my 2nd infusion, I felt incredible. I started running and biking. I lost 83 lbs in 4 months. I went from 235lbs of prednisone, sedentary and having 3 kids increased weight to a healthy 152lbs. I wasnt fatigued. For the first time in 19 years I was in remission while not pregnant. Not for everybody, but great for me."

Minagarie June 4, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Took my first dose of Rituxan in Dec 2014 and then 2 weeks later. I was diagnosed with RA in 2000. Took Mtx and Arava - had no disabilities . Didn't like the Mtx made my hair thin and fall out. Was placed on Sulfasazine and took that for 12 years. I had Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2005 and treated and went into remission. About four years ago my rheumatoid arthritis pain and suffering really kicked in and really took over over my hands and my feet. My new rheumatologist prescribe Rituxan for me. My first dose was in 2014 as I explained. My next dose was in December 2015. I did not feel its effects for about four months. I feel like a new person. A little side effect with each infusion-internal itching ears. Try it."

LJra May 29, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am sat having my 10th cycle, 1st infusion of rituximab. Sleepy while having infusions otherwise no side effects. Previously I could not walk or look after myself. I had no quality of life. Now enjoying life with a little help. My rheumatoid hasn't gone completely but is more manageable to deal with. Not pain, or inflammation free but much better than I was. I know the side effects can sound very scary but discuss this with your consultant or specialist nurse. They are very helpful, very informative and understanding. They do not know the long term side effects of this drug but more importantly I can now live a life as before I was just existing. Try not to be daunted, ask, ask, ask and don't be afraid to try new drugs they might help"

Creaky joints (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 20, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Yesterday- 5th course Rituximab Infusions.2016 Last 18months ago, I thought I was in remission. Despite a complete removal of processed foods and a very healthy diet and exercise 'plan' (self motivated) I had a big flare up. I have refused Methotrexate for 2.5yrs having tried for 3yrs. I'm happier +healthier. The 1st ever infusion was stopped due to allergic reaction in throat, mouth + rash face+chest. But, Piriton was given +infusion continued. Piriton is now given to everyone now(UK chester), before infusion +advise to take to combat further reactions rash, sore throat etc for 3 days after. This works. I feel washed out,headache3-6days.steroid shakes, lack of sleep, flushes but no ill effects between courses 7months apart."

Heather7UK May 19, 2016

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "2 years on maintenance rituximab after 8 cycles of rcvp 15 months later 5 lymph nodes biopsied in breast ,Think it has grown again I was stage 4b I went into partial remission,"

Christmasloon (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am waiting to get final approval for this drug. I spoke to a lady who has been on it for 4 years and she said that it takes a few days to get over an infusion but its just a headache and tiredness. She says this drug has given her life back so a small price to pay. Can't wait to get this drug!"

Sherry777 April 19, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "After each of my rituxan infusuion I feel nauseated, extremely tired, and headache for anywhere 5 days to week. Is that normal? Works great for RA though so definitely worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have Undifferentiated Spondyloarthropathy, MCTD & SLE. I started Rituxan at the end of December 2015 after Enbrel lost efficacy. I am also on MTX & Plaquenil. My rheum explained that Rituxan works in a different manner from the TNF inhibitors and because of this it takes longer to work. While I began noticing Enbrel's efficacy within 2 weeks and was in remission by 3 months, with Rituxan I didn't even notice any difference until about 10 weeks in. I have slowly improved, but I am not in remission. Prior to Rituxan most of my joints were painful; after 14 weeks I am down to about 15. My daily pain level has gone from about an 8 to 4 or 5. My rheum said sometimes patients will see a better response after dose #4. I hope for remission. I will redose in 6 months following the RA guidelines."

Eva's Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "I had three treatments of Bendamustine and rituximab for indolent follicular lymphoma. It seemed to work well on the lymphoma, which has not completely gone, but after the third treatment I developed shortness of breath. It took doctors a month to diagnose it as rituximab induced lung disease (bronchiolitis oblivitans). I am now permanently and severely disabled, unable to walk more than 10 feet, extreme difficulty in caring for myself. I am 55 with no other medical conditions, three months ago I could run, ski, and enjoy life. This drug destroyed the quality of my life and created complications for fighting lymphoma. The doctors said it was safe. I was not told about the serious and potentially fatal side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Had two infusions of Rituximab in January 2016 some relief was on Enbrel for 9 years it was fantastic, but stopped working, unfortunately I have now got Atrial Fibrulation from Rituximab, don' know where to go from here. Have had Rh since childhood."

Sharnatta March 14, 2016

For Wegener's Granulomatosis: "I have had wegeners since April 2008. Medications of prednisone, cyclophosomide, and methotrexate were successful in slowing down the disease. However I still had flareups a two three times yr requiring hospitalization and the resumption of heavy doses prednisone till better, then had to taper back off. In June 2013 I again was back in hospital and in Sept 2013 I started on Rituxan getting 2 doses 2wks apart & again six months later. I only take 5 mg of prednisone a day and remain on methotrxate 20mg once per week. I have eliminated hospital visits & have enjoyed life much more. I am just finishing this month my 2 dose shots & now looking in 6 months reducing it to one dose every six months and reducing my methotreate to 15 mg .Side effects minor"

ChiChar (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Had my first infusion yesterday. It as to stopped just after an hour and a half due a rash that developed on face and spread to my chest and back and severe itching. Dr's took the decision to stop the treatment altogether. Waiting to my rheumatologist next week to look at options. Have had to stop methotrexate, enbrel and humira doe died effects. Not sure what is left! At 4:40am and I ave been up since 2 am with severe itching. The joys of this lovely disease ad the side effects f the meds. But can't fault the medical team for their support and efforts"

Ginster0212 February 6, 2016

For Microscopic polyangiitis: "I was dx with membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis with cryoglobulinemia caused by Sjogren's syndrome. The tx the first time I was dx was a course of 7 plasmapheresis treatment, prednisone and Rituxan (was effective at the time, no side effects). The next year I had an exacerbation and they decided to give me Rituxan again. A week after I had my first dose I had a severe allergic reaction, which at that time they were not sure it was the Rituxan. I was 4 days in the hospital with severe hives all over the body, swollen face and lips, severe pain in my joints, and high creatinine levels. With high doses of prednisone I was stabilized. For the next tx with Rituxan I had immediate allergic reaction as before and the they had to stop the tx"

Giannette February 3, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Hi , I'm still waiting for this drug to really kick in, had infusions September 2015, not yet as well as I was on Embrel, but had to change due to new rheumo team. Not impressed really- lots of infections, got to the point of wheelchair use in December, previous to Sept never required a stick, Very slowly starting to regain life- possibly am near 40% of the real me. I'm not at work, not driving, am worried for my job, It's been 19 weeks since the treatment and I want my life back."

nannamaz. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had my first infusion on 12/21/15 and the second on 12/31/16. To date I have seen no improvement in pain. The only side affect from the first infusion was a severe headache and tiredness for 2-3 days. I have not been so fortunate with 2nd. I have no energy or appetite and feel terrible. I am shaky and dizzy and joint pain is horrible. I was on Remicade and Humira for years without complication. Not sure this is worth it or if it is going to work for me. Still hopeful."

Lindaje1950 January 15, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am 55 year old male that has been diagnosed with RA. I've been on rituxan now for 6 years. Through trial and error it lasted me effectively for one year. By choice I stopped taking methotrexate that they said should accompany with the rituxan about the same time I started infusions. My reasons being reading the possible side effects from methotrexate to ones liver. This drug has been a life saver for me from sleepless nights from chronic pain and not being able to walk or even go to work. I have to say it's really giving my life back to me. I've also learned not to ever let this drug wear off because it's at least for me like jumping off a cliff. The pain comes back so fast its unbearable."

Dalooch January 10, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA in 2006, my profession was heavy bridge construction, inside 2 years while being treated with all the major RA drugs the bottom line was my being confined to a wheelchair by 2008 and the realization that the word invalid is a messed up word. I got my first infusion of Rituxan and asked how long before I would see results, if any, and was told 3 to 4 weeks, 3 days later I was walking! Rituxan has saved my life! Most if not all issues I have now are from the havoc the RA caused previously. Rituxan has proven to be a miracle cure for me although it is very expensive."

Mickacree December 14, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed with RA March 2014. Disease fast tracked through me and rendered me unable to walk by April 2015. Have had all oral DMRADs plus Enbrel which made no difference. I was suffering immense pain and could barely leave the house. Had first Rituximab infusion Sept 2015 second 2 weeks later. Zero side effects. It has taken 10 weeks for me to feel any effect but I am now walking unaided and feel so much better. I can drive, have a bath and live a normal life again. I live in Scotland and my drugs are paid for by our NHS. I have great support from the entire Rheumatology team since being diagnosed."

Chezis (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2015

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: "I was diagnosed with CLL in 2009. My WBC (White Blood Cell Count) when diagnosed was 11k. By 2013 my WBC was 50k. In 2015 my rate of increase jumped and a CAT scan confirmed that deeper lymph nodes had grown 50% in size so my oncologist wanted to start chemo right away. I had no other symptoms associated with the CLL other than increasing WBC. In October, I started treatment with a "cocktail" of Rituximab and Bendamustine. My WBC at the start of treatment was 120k. At the end of the first month (prior to my second chemo session) my blood tests came back with totally normal numbers! My WBC was 7k! It was as if I did not have CLL. My blood was clean! Few side effects (constipation/heart-burn) & about a 20% reduction in energy."

Steve K November 17, 2015

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Rituxan has completely changed my life for the better. I was in a clinical trial and tried several other medications with some success but my symptoms eventually returned. After four sessions of Rituxan over a two year period I stopped seeing my RA doctor because I had no symptoms. I am now going into my 4th year without pain. I am playing softball, tennis and golf without any pain. I highly recommend this drug to anyone dealing with RA."

Nosymptoms (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2015

For Pemphigus: "The course of treatment was 1000mg two weeks apart, and one 1000mg dose six months after. The first wave of treatment brought the pemphigus to only two isolated areas, (this is after 7 years of constant open wounds) The side effects were standard, extreme exhaustion, a sense of malaise. Utilizing a cannabis (eaten) treatment to counteract the nausea, it also alleviated the nervous reactions to stressful stimulus. (Not a normal user of such) The final treatment was completed in mid-June 2015, the side effects have been considerably less, only one day so far of dizziness and nervous reaction. This was treated with a 1/8g of cannabis eaten with white rice. Overall being forewarned is very helpful to keep side effects in perspective."

Danbee July 19, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The steroid push with the first dose gave me a whirlwind of energy. I am using it to help CIPD - a dying nerve disease. My body started attacking my nerves and I now have fast moving, dense neuropathy feet, legs, hands, forearms. Mayo Clinic decided that this would be a good treatment since I suffer RA as well. I take methotrexate once weekly with the Rituxin. The crash came 3 days later and I felt the effects of the chemo on my body hard. I threw up a few times, felt like the worst hangover ever for the rest of the week (had infusion Tues, now is Sunday) I am still fighting nausea. I really really liked the steroid energy a lot. Now my joints and bones are screaming narcotics. Sleep is not very good for me yet. It's only been 6 days so."

RAfullofhope April 12, 2015