User Reviews for Rituximab

Also known as: Rituxan, Truxima, Ruxience, Riabni

Rituximab has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 103 ratings on Drugs.com. 70% of those users who reviewed Rituximab reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia   9.4
Microscopic polyangiitis   2.0
Summary of Rituximab reviews 7.6 103 reviews

Reviews for Rituximab

Mom of New patient · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

Rituxan (rituximab): “My 14 yr old daughter was diagnosed w/lupus nephritis IV 3 weeks ago. I didn't agree w/ the infusion of Rituxan & protested but it was administered even though the prescribing procedure clearly states "DO NOT ADMINISTER TO PATIENTS WITH RENAL IMPAIRMENT". I read that it was NOT approved to treat lupus in adults or children. The side effects have been extremely painful for her. I'm livid because her RA has no interest in even seeing her until the next infusion has been approved. Her nephrologist hasn't called either but In my opinion this isn't a typical OTC that you infuse & send a patient home without worrying about the effects.”

Jamiejay · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Have only had 2 lots of rituximab, my first infusion was fine but the second one 2 weeks later has left me not being able to sleep. I go to bed and my body is tired and I want to rest but as soon as I lay down with in 10 mins I have to get back up it feel like ma whole body is restless and jittery this goes on for hours. I have tried reading but can't concentrate have got back up for a hot drinks then gone back to bed same thing, have had baths at 4 in morning as that seems to help but not all the time. Just wondering if this had happened to anyone else and how did they cope as I'm at the end of my tether and want to sleep.”

CaviLove · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have RA and had my first round of Rituxan on 22June and going for second dose 8 July. Felt pretty great for the first few days with little side effects, thankfully, as so far I’ve been allergic to pretty much everything. Tried Actemera, Xeljanz, Methotrexate and prednisone with little to no relief and a lot of allergies. Woke up in a lot of pain today and am glad I found this page. It seems like it will take a while to start working so I’ll continue to hang in there and be hopeful. Good luck to everyone.”

Cinlyncin May 22, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I’ve had RA since approximately 1986. Been on Riduara, Minocycline and Methotrexate (which I absolutely hated!). In 2000, I started infusions. Remicade for 14 years and then just stopped working. Tried Orencia for three months - never worked. Rheumatologist put me on Actrema - some success for about 18 months and then it quit working altogether. In 2016, my Rheumatologist put me on Rituxan. I’m on a 16-week/2 week cycle. It’s been a great. I sometimes have trouble sleeping the night of my infusion (due to Solumedrol I have to take with it) and then really fatigued for a couple of days after - but I’ll take it. My joints seldom hurt, never swell - I generally feel fine. As with any biologic - I have to be careful not to catch anything (even a simple cold can knock me on my butt) - but I’ve been dealing with that issue for many years. Overall - I’m happy with the results.”

Sonny May 11, 2020

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have Rheumatoid Arthritis for the last 26 years tried numerous drugs for it methotrexate hydrochloride gold injections enbrel but had really bad side effects then Consultant put me on Rituximab 10 years a go I feel much better have less joint pain. I get itchy skin especially after a shower have to take an Antihistamine tablet sometimes headaches but I cope with all that it’s worth it I am thankful for that drug it really does help”

27 years · Taken for 10 years or more May 2, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been using Rituxin for the last ten years, getting approximately a year an a half between infusions. Previously I tried every possible group of medications. Nothing worked well. Rituxin gave me a life back. I am 70 and skiing 2-3 marathons a year.”

Mick · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 22, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was 46 when I was diagnosed with RA and my heath plummeted, in 3 years I was in a wheelchair. I tried all the major RA drugs with little or no effect. When I finally received my first infusion I was up and walking within 3 days. Rituxan has saved my life. I get an infusion every 6 months and feel like anyone else my age.”

Anonymous April 12, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “First infusion gave me horrendous anxiety with bad OCD type symptoms my GP told me it was from rituximab my rheum doc says how could my GP know, as she the expert.Skip forward a year second go at ritx the very same build up to horrendous anxiety OCD type symptoms oh yeah thought I was near going to end up in the crisis mental health unit thanks rheum doc”

Zoo · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 29, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Have had RA for 33 years. The drs I have seen are helpful giving various drugs over the years to combat pain. Received my first rituxan infusion in 2015. The pain relief was amazing. Was also taking prednisone (I love steriods) and methotrexate. Had to wean off prednisone (one of the hardest things to do) in 2018, and have not had another Rituxan infusion since mid-2019. I dropped 25 lbs, am eating extremely healthy, remain on methotreaxate every 9 days and feel blessed as I have no swelling.”

dugly February 19, 2020

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I feel for Kid in his comments, I too have severe itching of the skin, and have been on rituxan for almost ten years,I am also always cold and feels like my skin is thinning, told my rummy but nothing done yet.”

mann · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have taken this medicine Rituxan in 2018 November. After first course of Rituxan, I observed difference after 2 month. My pain gradually decreased to zero pain.”

Donna · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 28, 2019

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I’ve been on Rituxan infusions two to three times a year for 10 years. My RA symptoms are virtually non-existent. Don’t want to change meds/therapies. Tried Enbrel with methotrexate, remicade with methotrexate. None of the above gave me relief until Rituxan!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 18, 2019

Rituxan (rituximab): “on Rituxan for multiple Sclerosis and it Went well. Only side effects were headaches. Brain lesions reduced in size with no new lesions”

Neena · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: “I had my first treatment two days ago for NHL and other than a flu like symptoms once or twice a day I feel good for at least 6 hours and then I will take motrin and feel good another 6 hours. I feel great in the morning and go down hill in the afternoon. What's odd is that my hip and leg pain on my left side is going away. I don't know if Rituxan can work that fast but I feel better already. I have the infusion once a week so we'll see how I continue to do. But so far I'm only missing one day a week of work and that's my infusion day. The next day is a little tough from feeling so tired but then I feel back to my old self for a few hours,”

MarigoldNZ · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 3, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Rituxan was prescribed for my RA about 8-10 years ago and allowed me to continue working full time putting the max away for retirement. Some fatigue occasionally but no joint pain. After retirement, the combination of allergy to a new huge Maine Coon cat causing chronic congestion AND the suppression of my autoimmune system by years of Rituxan - led to repeated chest, ear and sinus infections. After many tests, allergy shots and several consultations with specialists, the Rituxan was discontinued. Now (2 years later) no more infections but the RA is up and raging again. New hand and finger damage as well as bunions and flares on toes that had never occurred before. My doctor is waiting for a fifth Simponi infusion in 2-3 weeks before moving on to another drug. Simponi has done nothing. What is there for me to take at this point?”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 1, 2019

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: “Had three courses of Rituxin. 1st course of 4 weeks failed. 2nd course gave me 16 months of remission. 3rd course yielded no results, so went on to Promacta. Promacta did nothing for me. Now, I take Nplate injections, which work for me over a year now. I got ITP at 51 years old and am 55 now. I'm chronic, and will and have fallen to zero counts, and single digits several times when untreated. I also occasionally supplement with low doses of Dexamethizone.”

Mark · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2019

“This drug saved my life. This medication is right up their with the finding of penicillin. Nose and throat were being destroyed by some type of localize inflammation. This drug stopped it. Steroids did not.... Also helped with atopic dermatitis of the lips”

DRB · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 24, 2019

“I had this medication rituximab for about one and a half year for multiple sclerosis (MS), and was doing so well, I was actually starting to cycle again after at least 3 years. I never felt better. Unfortunately, they brought out Ocrevus (Ocrelizumab), which is basically a similar drug, with a slight difference, and labeled that as specifically for MS patients. So my specialist wanted me to change. My first infusion was a nightmare, and I was ill for three weeks. I am now also one and a half year further along , and worse again. No energy whatsoever, cramps, headaches, and memory problems. I want to go back to rituximab.”

lw · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 25, 2019

“Diagnosed with MS in May 2018, began Rituxan infusion in July 2018. It’s off label for MS as a disease-modifying therapies (DMTs). I get an infusion every 6 months. My primary MS symptoms are difficulty walking and fatigue. I found that things haven’t gotten worse at least. Neurologist says rituxan should help for my condition to be stable. Can’t really tell then if it’s working, but will keep with it because my side effects are not bad at all. They happen only during the infusion- sore throat, flushed cheeks, chills once, but then they disappear before the infusion ends. Fatigue for a day after, then back to work. I usually need 2 days off for my rituxan treatment.”

bher · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 16, 2019

Rituxan (rituximab): “No relapses on Rituxan. No EDSS changes. I am NMO (MOG+) ”

Kid · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Started Rituximab infusions 7th and 21st March 2019 no problems then. 6 weeks later massive skin infection scratching and itching. Tried self help with anti-histamine and skin cream. Could not contact anyone at Rheumatology, contacted own GP put on Anti-biotics and Steroid cream. On 11th June check up with Reumatology nurse now suspect Cellulitus, contact own GP as soon as possible. GP prescribed more Anti-biotics. Now it's 8 weeks on and still scratching. When will this nightmare end? I wish I had never got involved with Rituximab.”

Steph · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2019

For Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: “Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) recurred in my transplant about a month after receiving it. My nephrologist said that this helped some patients go into remission. Not me of course. I did 4 rounds of this drug on separate occasions. One side effect I had was pretty annoying, my throat felt like it was slightly swollen. They assured me this was common! I thought I was having an allergic reaction. A nurse said it was attacking something thats common in the esophagus and thats why. Its scary. It was a long infusion. After my 4th treatment, the Ritux was concentrated in my blood. I had no relief from the FSGS. The best relief I found was from plasmapheresis. I had severe skin sensitivity. I couldn't wash myself or lie down without hurting. My skin hurt to the touch like a sensitive bruise. This lasted about 3 days. I also got a slight fever.”

Dorko January 25, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I'm not sure what to think of this drug. I had to stop working in Nov 2018 as the disease (which was in my hands and feet) had attacked my left hip and then knee leaving me unable to walk. This is my eighth drug in four years as NOTHING has worked at all and the side effects were a horror show. Do far I have used hydroxychloroquine, sulfasalazine, methotrexate, Arava, Inflectra, Xeljanz, Kevzara. After my first infusion with rituximab on Dec 12 I had three days of pure bliss. I was in remission...or so I thought. I was pain free for the first time in 4 years .The evening of the third day the pain in my left hip started back and got worse daily. After waiting 4 weeks for the second infusion, I had three hours of relief on the second day after treatment. Since then it has been straight downhill with the pain going back into my knee. I know that Rituxan can take a while to work but I am declining daily...and losing hope.”

Linz · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 20, 2019

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “My first round of rituximab infusions (in Dec 2017) took 13 weeks to work, then was good for about 8 weeks then wore off. My consultant said it often worked better 2nd time around. So I had the second round of infusions June 2018. This time it worked after about 7 weeks and has continued to work really well - it's now Jan 2019 and I'm still fine... amazing..... my consultant was totally right! I'm due my third round of infusions this week and am no longer in fear of the med not working. It is really good - after 14 years of RA treatments I would say this is my best med. No methotrexate needed. I've not had any side effects - I haven't even caught any more colds than anybody else! If thinking of trying out this med be patient and good luck - it might give you your life back! Incidentally, it also cured my husband's lymphoma when he was given R- Chop (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone plus Rituxan) medication.... so we've a lot to thank the NHS and the scientists who developed this med for! x”

myra · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “In mid December of 2018 I had my first infusion after others like orencia no longer worked. I was scared of this drug because of the noted side effects. I had no pain in my joints after my first infusion. A day later I had a lot of energy and did not get tired like before. I went 2 weeks later for the second infusion & continue to feel no pain. No side effects so far. Finally got off steroids. I did feel very tired last night, a first. Perhaps it was because I was really tired. Woke up this morning feeling well rested and no pain. I hope this is a sign of things to come.”