User Reviews for Rituximab

Also known as: Rituxan

Learn more about Rituximab.

Pemphigoid 1 reviews 76 medications

Bullous Pemphigoid 1 reviews 76 medications

Microscopic polyangiitis 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Rituximab reviews 72 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Rituximab

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Had 1st infusion of rituximab & experienced tingling in & around mouth, white of eyes turned blood red. Later that day I had palpitations & shortness of breath. The next morning I had nausea & severe headaches. By lunchtime I was so cold I was shivering, despite hot water bottles and going to bed did not get warm until the early hours of the next day, then I started with a temperature. Have rheumatoid arthritis affecting most joints, the joint pain increased further. Its been 3 weeks since my 1st infusion, my gut instinct is not to have the 2nd, I'm still enduring the side effects daily however not as severe as at 1st."

Jake51 April 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had first infusion with no problems during administration but 2 weeks after I had to go to the E.R. with a heart arrhythmia and had to have my heart shocked back into normal rhythm. Two days later had second infusion with no problems during administration. 2 weeks later same thing...back to the E.R....heart shocked back into rhythm . Heart rate was stuck at 150 bpm. Had to be put in hospital for 4 days to be given an anti - arrhythmic drug that can also cause a fatal arrhythmia. So I would be cautious if you have any type of heart problem prior to taking Rituxan. I will not ever take it again."

BigPoppy April 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "After 6 rounds of chemo (2 drugs, 2 days - Bendamustine & Retuximab), I had Stage 3 b-cell Lymphoma, I am cancer free. My oncologist wants me to do a maintenance program of the Retuximab every 2 months for 2 years. Is the maintenance necessary?"

SuzRJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This is the first day I've had ZERO pain in 6 years. I tried Enbrel - good but not strong enough after 2 years. Humira - allergic. I just finished my second infusion from Rituxan. And I am cautiously happy. Absolutely no pain anywhere."

Nicoco (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I suffer from pulmonary fibrosis and acquired haemophilia as well as RA..Rituximab has almost completely knocked out RA and has assisted the other 2. I don't take methotrexate, but 10mg of prednisolene per day. Interestingly, I had sweating disorder pre infusions, but the drug seems to help alleviate. I started with 4 infusions a week apart, which became ineffective after 6 months (Factor 8 levels dropped and RA flared) and my latest dose was given over 2 infusions at a different hospital 6 months ago and hasn't yet become inneffective (am being primed for further infusions). I had absolutely no problems during or after infusions."

Ramsaregreat February 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had to go off of Embrel and go on Rituxan because I had developed a melanoma. They felt that the Rituxan was less likely to cause a repeat of the melanoma than any of the other Biologics. It actually took two months for it to begin to work. Once it began working, though, it started quickly. I still have to take a low dose of Prednisone every day and some pain medicine, but for the most part it is much more effective. Have only had the two original infusions so I can't say what it will do long term. I had a slight reaction during the infusion, but they slowed it down and increased the Benadryl, and everything was fine. I had to pay $3,000 of the cost of the two infusions since my insurance (tricare) will not discount."

Dillomom (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pemphigoid: "Has worked for my condition Dermatayocitis well enough that I have gone from needing full time care to being able to care for myself and resume working full time. Wonderful results."

Big Bo (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It does seem to improve the pains in the joints but not that much in my lower back. My biggest issue with Mabthera is the side effects! The chills are so uncomfortable it's unbearable! I can't stand feeling cold right into the bones! . I don't know what to do cos I can't even work because I get so so cold while I sweat!"

TumiKay December 22, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis as well as vasculitis when I was 5. I'm 38 now and still move remarkably well. I've had my ups and downs through the years but these disease modifying drugs are miracles. I've been on Rituxan for 4 years now. My infusions do take longer than usual since I do experience a cold sweat trembling reaction if the medicine is stepped up to fast. Actually I find the pretreatment meds more difficult than the Rituxan. The benadryl puts me to sleep for most of it, however the medrol makes me bounce off the walls later in the evening. Usually by the next day all is well. I can live 8 months to a year virtually arthritis free"

Luke (Skywalker) (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had my first round 6 months ago sitting here starting my 2nd round as we speak. No side effects and even though my joints are still swollen I feel so much better. My dr is hopeful that this round will help with the inflammation. I'll get my 2nd dose with this round in 2 weeks!! I'm hopeful and thankful"

Beck beck November 14, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Receiving my first infusion in two weeks time, I'm a tad nervous! Will update."

Itsmygnt October 25, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This will probably only be relevant in the UK. Insurance not relevant. I have been on Rituximab for over three years, I find it works very well with negligible side effects. I've had treatments twice a year, but on asking for my next treatment I was told that because of new funding rules, I can't have it unless I am on methotrexate too. I took oral MTX for 10yrs until I developed liver enzymes in blood and severe fatigue. I was offered self administered injections which "have fewer side effects". But I became very unwell with each successive jab. I had to stop them. I am now not on any anti TNF drugs and my health is failing rapidly. My GP is very helpful and is trying to sort this out. Why no provision for people who react badly to MTX"

Shelleyboots (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 22, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I completed my second set of Rituxan infusions two months ago. Some success after the first set and much more success after the second set. I have more energy, less flare-ups, sleep much better, navigate better and feel much better overall. I've had no side effects, either during or after the infusions. I still have pain and lack of function in my hands, arms, and shoulders, however nothing like I experienced before infusions. I was diagnosed with RA six years ago and have taken taken and stopped Methotrexate (intolerance) and Plaquenil (repeating vision testing due to irregularities). I've been on Arava for two years with no side effects. My vector score was 45 and is now down to 33. Thank you Rituxan!!!"

Mare022444 October 21, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had my first rituximab infusion treatment a year ago and think it worked well.. But I've felt symptoms coming back for a while now but after a year just had my second treatment, I'm in tomo for my second infusion and hope to god it works because I'm in a bad way and my pain in my wrist are at the worst I've known them to be! Tiredness never really ever gone for long but fingers crossed! I feel I should have it months ago but what do I know... I'm from Nottingham England"

Helen b October 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This is my second infusion and I am feeling quite nauseous and head aching but know this will pass had an extremely bad headache last night but the relief from the pain has been incredible. Have been on Enbrel cimzia sllalazapirin plaquenil arava am still on prednisone and methotrexate as well as Celebrex but the relief I have had since having my first infusion is like a dream come true I had results within the first few days so there is hope out there .... I can walk a lot easier can actually use my hands which was just so painful... My life is back...don't give up"

Bundy girl September 10, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm in the UK so the questions regarding insurance & costs do not apply. Following dmard and latterly anti-TNF treatment's loss of efficacy, Rituximab was prescribed. After the first course it took four months to work, but when it did, I felt day and night different! My flares returned within 4 months and a 2nd course was given 8 months after the first. Rheumy established that my disease activity was such that I needed 6 monthly interval treatments and I have just completed my fourth treatment. Side effects: nothing during, but almost immediately post-infusion, I'm wiped out (heavy!!), restless and get a headache. Goes within 3 days or so. Rituximab works perfectly for me - no flares now the treatment is regular."

Stuart.G (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 7, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Wegener's Granulomatosis: "Retuximab is a great success for me, given me back my health. No side effects whatsoever during or since infusions. My only symptom of WG/GPA was aggressively recurring subglottic stenosis. Retuximab brought it under control within 12 weeks. I'm now symptom free & no longer need tracheal dilation surgery every 3 months. I had my first 1 gram infusion 13 months ago & 1g on day 14. I repeated the same doses Retuximab at 12 months. Immunosuppression has not caused any ill effects. I take low dose antibiotic cotrimoxazole continuously, (& probiotic for gut health). I've had no infections. I initially took 20mg prednisone tapered to 0 over 8 weeks, no steroids since. Retuximab spared me from other aggressive meds. Infusions are easy for me. ☺"

Gondy Omron (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bullous Pemphigoid: "I had 2 infusions in June, 2 weeks apart. Had a severe reaction with the first infusion and a mild reaction with the second infusion. Have not noticed any changes in my condition. I've read it might take up to 3 months to see the effects of rituximab. Am still taking azathioprine, prednisone and doxycycline to manage symptoms."

Photodancer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had been taking Rutuxin which work great. My insurance paid for some and the maker of rituxan paid the rest it was great,but when I turned 65 years old the Medicare was the only one paying and I had to come up with $592.00which was high for me cause I'm retired and I make less money. So I stop taking it. That was the biggest mistake I made. I could not function R.A. is not only about the pain I had no strength in my hands I could bath comb my hair get dressed by myself. I tried so many different meds didn't work. I then decided I needed to find a way to pay for the medication so I went back to taking rituxan. So far it's a lot better than I have been but I still have my four weeks isn't up so I'm hopful"

Anonymous July 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA in 1998 and have been on most of the drugs available. Enbrel worked great for 6 years then it just stopped. Since then nothing has worked . I had my first infusion of Rituxan 3 weeks ago and we had to stop infusion due to itching in ears and throat, pushed more steroids and waited about an hour before restarting with slower and diluted drip. Had 2nd infusion last week with no reaction during Infusion I take methotrexate by injection as well and have noticed no new side effects. Just fatigued for a 4/5 days after infusions and always the day after methotrexate. Dr said to give it 3 to 6 months to begin working. So I will wait with lots of hope!"

Eeyore06 July 8, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 1997. Failed Enbrel and Humira with hives, itching. Tried Orencia but their patient program and delivering meds was a huge disappointment (IV med only available at the time). MTX caused my liver enzymes to go nuts. Started Rituxan in 2009. My results were atypical. Rituxan is my liquid gold with a platinum price tag! A few weeks after my 2nd infusion, I felt incredible. I started running and biking. I lost 83 lbs in 4 months. I went from 235lbs of prednisone, sedentary and having 3 kids increased weight to a healthy 152lbs. I wasnt fatigued. For the first time in 19 years I was in remission while not pregnant. Not for everybody, but great for me."

Minagarie June 4, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Took my first dose of Rituxan in Dec 2014 and then 2 weeks later. I was diagnosed with RA in 2000. Took Mtx and Arava - had no disabilities . Didn't like the Mtx made my hair thin and fall out. Was placed on Sulfasazine and took that for 12 years. I had Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2005 and treated and went into remission. About four years ago my rheumatoid arthritis pain and suffering really kicked in and really took over over my hands and my feet. My new rheumatologist prescribe Rituxan for me. My first dose was in 2014 as I explained. My next dose was in December 2015. I did not feel its effects for about four months. I feel like a new person. A little side effect with each infusion-internal itching ears. Try it."

LJra May 29, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I am sat having my 10th cycle, 1st infusion of rituximab. Sleepy while having infusions otherwise no side effects. Previously I could not walk or look after myself. I had no quality of life. Now enjoying life with a little help. My rheumatoid hasn't gone completely but is more manageable to deal with. Not pain, or inflammation free but much better than I was. I know the side effects can sound very scary but discuss this with your consultant or specialist nurse. They are very helpful, very informative and understanding. They do not know the long term side effects of this drug but more importantly I can now live a life as before I was just existing. Try not to be daunted, ask, ask, ask and don't be afraid to try new drugs they might help"

Creaky joints (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 20, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Yesterday- 5th course Rituximab Infusions.2016 Last 18months ago, I thought I was in remission. Despite a complete removal of processed foods and a very healthy diet and exercise 'plan' (self motivated) I had a big flare up. I have refused Methotrexate for 2.5yrs having tried for 3yrs. I'm happier +healthier. The 1st ever infusion was stopped due to allergic reaction in throat, mouth + rash face+chest. But, Piriton was given +infusion continued. Piriton is now given to everyone now(UK chester), before infusion +advise to take to combat further reactions rash, sore throat etc for 3 days after. This works. I feel washed out,headache3-6days.steroid shakes, lack of sleep, flushes but no ill effects between courses 7months apart."

Heather7UK May 19, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "2 years on maintenance rituximab after 8 cycles of rcvp 15 months later 5 lymph nodes biopsied in breast ,Think it has grown again I was stage 4b I went into partial remission,"

Christmasloon (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2016