User Reviews for Rituximab to treat Microscopic polyangiitis

Also known as: Rituxan, Truxima, Ruxience, Riabni

Cathy ยท Taken for 2 to 5 years April 28, 2021

Rituxan (rituximab): “I started on rituximab two years ago due to vascularitus which attacked my kidneys. I lost 50 percent of kidney function. I was already suffering from RA and was using embrel and methotrexate. Rituximab now treats both illnesses for me. I did however get pneumonia twice in the second year but maybe that was due to the fact that l missed taking my antibiotic sometimes, so follow your doctors instructions well. I am so thankful for this treatment, l am in great form, had no side effects, no pain and my illnesses are stable. Scientific progress is great.”

Giannette February 3, 2016

“I was dx with membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis with cryoglobulinemia caused by Sjogren's syndrome. The tx the first time I was dx was a course of 7 plasmapheresis treatment, prednisone and Rituxan (was effective at the time, no side effects). The next year I had an exacerbation and they decided to give me Rituxan again. A week after I had my first dose I had a severe allergic reaction, which at that time they were not sure it was the Rituxan. I was 4 days in the hospital with severe hives all over the body, swollen face and lips, severe pain in my joints, and high creatinine levels. With high doses of prednisone I was stabilized. For the next tx with Rituxan I had immediate allergic reaction as before and the they had to stop the tx”