User Reviews for Implanon

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1527 reviews 299 medications

6.2
Summary of Implanon reviews 1527 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "I have been using implanon, now nexplanon for 5 years now. (3 years each) this is my second insertion after my first was expired. Since then I haven't had my period in ages. However, my appetite had taken full control and weight gain came along. Sex drive has slowed down and mood swings here and there. So yeah things u will have to work on. Still..no pregnancy at all and no periods. Its like an extended vacation from mother nature"

Creme La Creme May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So I used Norplant back in the day. Had it removed in 5 yrs as scheduled in 98. No problems. No period for 4 yrs. No spotting. All good. So I requested another norplant and was advised it had been pulled due to side effects. Did the pill for a few years them got implanon in 2013 and told I would probably have similar experience as norplant. Wrong. I spotted constantly for almost the entire 3 yrs. Nothing heavy but constant. Maybe 4 or 5 scattered days monthly with no spotting. Not good for my sex life. Got it removed on the 3 yr Mark and went back to the pill. Rarely had a period but started having blood pressure issue so stopped the pill. Considering IUD"

Kricket72 May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've has mine in since November 2014 and it's due to come out at the end of this year. I've had no complications, not one period since having it implanted, not even spotting until this morning when I woke up I had bled everywhere, seems as though mine has run out? if that's even possible? It's been amazing since this morning. Can't fault it"

Soph20 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My boyfriend and I used to have sex all the time... Because I didn't want to get knocked up, I got on this thing and well it worked, mainly because you lose your sex drive, gain absolutely tons of weight and can't stand the little things you used to ignore. Sooo yes, you won't get pregnant unless you're single out on the town and no one has to deal with that "

Great! If you never have sex! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Had this in implanted on 2015 at first it was working well I had my periods regularly and no weight gain or mood swings. After a few months I stopped having my period and having all sort of mood issues. I would be extremely fatigued, I had extreme anxiety at night whether eating or no sleep at night, I did exercise and diet but still had a lot of obsesive cravings all the time. I complained of it with the Dr who suggested me to and drink water or ice (did not work), told me to do exercise which I did (did not work). I gained weight a lot from 110 to 201 if I tried a strict strict diet I would have severe headaches where 3 pills wouldn't work at all sometimes I felt numbness in my arms and legs they said it was normal. Now I totally feel depressed unhealthy"

Number00 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Hi I don't know if any males have commented here but I need advice. My wife had this implant about 18 months ago, since then she has become very angry and really hard to live with. We have been married nearly 20 years but now it looks like it is all over, mood swings and no sex drive. I have tried to ask her to have it removed but she rips my head off at that. I had a vasectomy which didn't work but will have it again to so she can remove the implant. Any help would be good because I don't want our marriage to end."

Brokenmam May 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Well , it worked perfectly for me. Just few stains of blood. My only problem was weight gain and bloat"

amyzon May 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got the rod put in Feb of 2016.. sooo 14 months, and this thing has been bad ever since I got it. I got my period like a week after and was on it for two weeks. I usually only get my period for 3/4 days. But my periods stayed like that for a while , then they started lasting 3 weeks , and then I'd spot for the last week. And now I've had my period for a whole month .. I'm getting this out ASAP. I have changed from the person I used to be . Always moody . Kinda felt like I was a little depressed . But I did lose weight on it , but so not worth it and I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND"

Kens21 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Just started my 3rd month on Implanon for first time. First period started 1 week after inserted lasted two and half weeks, and since then I have spotted / light bleeding everyday. No real sign of another actual period yet. No sex drive. I'm willing to keep it in for a few more months as I feel ok and have not had any mental distubances on it yet. Hopefully spotting dies down and I can be more intimate with my husband again."

Bellaloco (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So I've had my period has always been hell cramps like crazy, insane mood swings, and horrible acne. I've tried almost every birth control pill on the market and all of them have either not been effective in stopping my period or have made my acne worse. Last year after a scare I decided it was time for a more permanent solution. 3 months in and I was really loving it. It really made my periods better and bearable. Then it started to go hairy. I started loosing hair, my hair became greasy, my skin began flaking and breaking out. This was all pretty upsetting but if my period would stay gone than it was worth it. Basically my period came back and was coming every day! I also put on 30 pounds with no lifestyle changes."

24/7 period May 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had it in for almost 2 years and have bled pretty much constantly in that time! I've put on 15kg. I'm moody lazy and bloated all the time. My life is horrible since having it. I have tried to have it removed 3 times now but Dr keep saying just wait a few more months things will settle. Mmm not likely. I will be changing Dr and having it removed"

Ash7754 April 29, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got my implant April of 2016 I have to tell you that even though I don't have headaches or cramps I have to tell you that my mood swings have been all over the place I don't like being up and down constantly depressed crying angry paranoid anxious. I know my body well enough that I'm not that way only when I am on my period due to hormones. Not to mention that since I have had the implant when I get my period it is so long it's annoying - I have it for months on end I am currently on it for a month and week now. Every time I get it the times that it stops are different there was times where it would be for 2 weeks then stop for a week then come back and stop after 2 months then start back up again for 3 months its bad will be taking it out"

Mrsxo (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had this since Jan 4th, 2017. It's been almost four months, I've had two periods that have lasted me three weeks. That is the only downside. I've been on many of other birth controls, this is the only one that I have not had any major depression on. I feel completely normal. I've lost 20 pounds since, it's been easier to lose weight as I work out! I've now recently developed some really bad headaches here and there, I'm not sure if it's from the implant or something in my life. I recommend, procedure very easy and fast!"

vivi4 April 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The only good thing about this implant was that it prevented pregnancy but whats the point of that when I don't even have the desire for sex. I was so confused because things in my life were going so well, I was going to therapy and improving my mental health. However throughout the 6 months on it my mental health declined as well as my sex drive and I started to get very anxious and thinking everyone was out to get me. I felt like an alien when I talked to people, I distanced myself from everyone. I had it out two days ago and I can already feel that I'm feeling better, I can't tell if this is in my mind or the hormone starting to leave but my sex drive has definitely started to improve. There's a lot more want to say but theres no space"

mcbeeto (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have had implanon/nexplanon for almost 2 months and will have it removed tomorrow. I do not recommend this birth control to anyone. Weight gain 6,3 kg, that is bizarre. mood swings (sad/crying/angry) every day for no reason while I'm a very stable person normally. I don't recognize myself and my partner has had a tough time. Alltogether my libido also dropped. The hormone in implanon is the hormone released after ovulation. I was scared for the incision and scar to take it out, but this is no life, it gets worse every day. Please think twice before you take this birth control. It sounds great, but the effects on, what i've now read, many women are too negative. Only few women don't have them."

Brouwer (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "It's been terrible I have my period all the time. I've had to be put on depression/anxiety medicine. I've also gained 20lbs that I can not lose! I would never recommend this birth control to any one. Even though I know it's just about impossible to become pregnant I constantly feel like I am! It makes me quite nervous!"

Samanthalynn April 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So I've had the implant in for a year and a half. For the first half a year, I essentially had 1 long period that would have a days break from bleeding here and there. It did not hurt nearly as much as my usual period and it was not as heavy, so it was just more of a nuisance than anything else, and stopped me being able to have sex. After that, my period came for a few weeks at a time and would start randomly. Half a year of that and now my periods have stopped completely. I've had no other side affects, aside from maybe being a bit more moody and having more mood swings. It's been half a year of no period and I am loving it. And it was free as I live in the UK and am under 25!"

BellatrixNarcissa April 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Everyone I know is scared of implanon, I don't know why! I've had mine in for a year & a half & I've had the best experience. I have not gotten pregnant"

QueenAri (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm from the UK & have tried numerous forms of contraception such as the mini pill and the depot injection but always seemed to forget the pill. I had my implant inserted in January 2016 and up until recently I thought it was great. For the past few months My sex drive is 0. I have had three periods in the space of 4 weeks which vary between heavy and continuous spotting. I often feel bloated and lack energy, I get home from work and just want to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle on my back to ease the pain. I've had no weight gain but do eat a lot. This method of contraception of good for preventing pregnancy but be aware of the symptoms linked to it as they often weigh out the positives."

Stefanie-UK2017 April 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I just removed the implanon today after having it for 3 years. This implanon really works if you want to avoid getting pregnant. The first month of using it, I got a cyst. I was told it's due to hormonal changes for using the implanon. I didn't remove it. For the last three years while on it, I suffered from hair dryness and hair loss. My breast size went from C cup to F. I get spotty period that lasted 3 weeks alternating with a week of no period. I struggled to lose weight even with very regular exercise and no carb diet. The only way to lose some is when I didn't eat anything at all. I was a size 6 but now I am a size 22. Today I went to remove it and it was painless, The cyst were no longer there. No, I will not use it again."

BettyClaire (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "In my opinion it is great at its main purpose, never failed. My only issue is the weight gain, I gained 12kg on the implant in a matter of weeks and I cannot seem to lose it :("

Moniquesherie_ (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "1st time I got it put in I bleed for 3weeks was about to get it taken out but the bleeding stopped with in 3 months I put on 15kgs I went to the gym regularly (5 days a week) nothing was helping with losing the weight, I had it 1 year and had my period once. It worked I didn't fall pregnant and my partner and I are really sexually active, everyone is different but me I put on 20kgs in that 12 months of having it in, I had it taken out and fell pregnant pretty much 3 months after :)"

Mum of 4❤ (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had implanon for about 3 years now and it has been super effective with preventing pregnancy but I plan to have it removed soon. I have gained almost 30 pounds, my hair falls out like crazy, and my hormones are so out of wack. I'm constantly feeling lazy, depressed, and suuuuuuper anxious."

Vivianaaaa April 3, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I would NEVER recommend this birth control to anyone. I had it for a year straight! With the feeling of being pregnant. Boobs constantly hurt, always cramping, migraines, exhausted everyday, mood swings and zero sex drive. I would have rather been pregnant. So not worth it. Much rather remember a pill everyday!"

Brincarter ma March 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've always been skeptical about this method, mainly because the thought of a tube going into my arm freaked me out. But since I have a bad reaction to the pills, I chose this vs the other methods. I've had it for a little over 6 months and I've had no problems. I spotted once the first week and that was it. No mood swings, no binge eating, no weight gain. Well there was weight gained but that's bc I was lazy lol. The only down side is, due to having no bleeding, I never know if I'm pregnant or not. So I buy a pregnant test every 3 months just to be safe. Other than that, I love it."

Coco123456789 March 31, 2017