User Reviews for Implanon

6.1

1,615 reviews 314 medications
Summary of Implanon reviews 6.1 1,615 reviews

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "Ok so I got the implant and for the first few months I was fine I was a happy 18 year old , then I started getting so depressed, with horrible anxiety. I lost 20 kilos due to lack of appetite and excruciating pain in my stomach. I couldn't eat. I was bed ridden for months becoming a zombie, I just couldn't take it anymore. Nobody knew what was happening to me and nobody could fix it. I was just hopeless and angry. Nobody told me it could've been the implant but such is life. Any way I got it removed , which was very quick and easy for me AND I'm feeling like the old me again <3"

Cozza October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this medication for 3 years. It hurts going in and coming out. I loved the fact that I didn’t have to set a reminder to take a pill as I am forgetful. I hated the fact that you didn’t know when you were getting your period and had no ideas how long it will last . I would get it sometimes for 7 days at the most and other days 5. I noticed weight gain and always so hungry .. my mood I thought was normal but now that I think about it , it was the birth control ."

Niki (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this option not to prevent pregnancy but to reduce painful cramping. The results are mostly good with a few side effects. After getting the implant I stopped having my periods and pain but there was a couple negatives: 1) Acne. Now my face breaks out even from hot water. 2) Nervousness. I noticed that I had a significant increased form of anxiety. 3) Very difficult to maintain weight. Eating nuts or heavy carbs is very bad with the impact of the impact; bloating, etc.... Calorie intake may have to be reduced to stay the same weight (at least for me). I am satisfied with the product as it did fix the problem. However, I wouldn't recommend people taking this under high stress, poor health, or if they are trying to lose weight."

Some Person (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

For Birth Control "Bleeding Terrible!!! I got mine in June 2014 and left it in for the 3 year, I don't know why I kept it IN, IT WAS AWFUL!!!!! DID I GET PREGNANT? NO Did I ever stop bleeding? Rarely On average my period/bleeding lasted (I tracked it) 23 days a month. I was anxious, hungry & sluggish, just not myself. I feel better since having it removed, and I have a regular period. This contraception is awful. My advice; STAY AWAY FROM IT"

Salty (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I had it implanted Jan 2016, initially I lost my appetite completely I started losing weight with irregular menstrual cycle, after few months, I started eating a lot, not easily satisfied just wanted more food, though no mood swing ,no depression, sexual drive not too bad, but I got it removed 3 weeks ago cos of over weight, I gained 9kg in 20 months, grrrrrrh that's too much health wise"

Zee (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the Implanon inserted about 7 months ago. Since I had it inserted I have been struggling with severe migraines, mood swings, acne, intermittent spotting that never really stops and can start at any time, lack of sex drive and I have gained 12lbs. I have not changed my eating habits and I exercise frequently. After reading the reviews I have now realized what is causing all these issues. I will have it removed and post another update once done. Thank you all for the reviews."

Mimmie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I would honestly not recommend this to my worst enemy! I was on the implant for just under 12 months, the first 5 months or so were absolute fine. After that, started feeling EXHAUSTED and depressed every day, I never would want to go anywhere or do anything- me and my family was so worried about my health and if I had any serious conditions, I got blood tests etc and had several visits to the doctors. Never once did my doctor say it could be the Implanon! I got this taken out and after about a month I started feeling back to my happy, motivated & energetic self again! please do not try this it's just not worth it."

gb2018 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "As I'm sitting here writing this. I have the implanon in and trying to figure out whats wrong with me as I'm crying reading theses reviews. This birth control as far not getting pregnant it works. But I used to be happy energetic, loved going and doing all the time. And now its like I don't even know who I am anymore. I'm lost, weak, and just feel like dying laying down and never waking up again. All it has done for me is make me have heavy bleeding mood swings, depression . I don't recommend this to anyone."

Shell (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "When l first got the implant my period was continuous. I had it for 2 months if not more. It was just regular spotting with an occasional proper period in between. My mood generally changed here and there but after sometime my periods stopped and only returned after l had had sex which irritated me. However they stopped for good a few months ago and everything is perfect with it. I only gained a few pounds and l have no change in my moods at all."

Goldie (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2018

For Birth Control "So I had the implant put in about a year ago. At the start I really liked it. I lost my period and didn't really gain or loose any weight at the start. Although, now I definitely have an increased appetite to the point where my cravings are that strong I feel sick after eating so much. I have never been like this. My usual size was 8-10, now I'm pushing a 12. I am going to get it removed this week. As I will not be a size 14!! I have also lost a lot of motivation in my daily life. Feel fatigued tired and hungry. Not a healthy mix!!"

Lexi (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "So I’ve had this implanted for 5 years now and everything has been very perfect with me until 2months ago when I started gaining unnecessary weight, I was actually confused then I remembered I was 3 months away from expiration date which I think is the cause of the weight gain. Planning to remove it ASAP tho and reinsert a new one if possible."

Bussie (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m not taking it but my daughter is, she has been on it for about 6 weeks , has had a light period which lasted 8 days, her skin has cleared dramatically and she has lost kilos, I have noticed she is less tolerant of me and is quite short with me, more than normal. I will post another update in another month or two"

Brie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I got my first implanon at age 16 years oldto help with heavy periods. It was my first and only birth control. The day after I got it my entire arm was numb and swollen. I live in a rural area and by the time I got to the hospital (2.5 hours) the swelling was gone so I kept it in. My period was heavy and constant for two months before it vanished with only the occasional spotting every few months. It worked well besides some depression and anxiety, weight gain, and complete loss of sex drive. I put on 20 kilos with no changes to my diet or exercise regime. At 19 years old I had the bar replaced. The same symptoms occurred within the first months except that I lost 15kg. Over the last 2 years since this bar was inserted, I have dealt with unbearable depression and anxiety, and it continues to rise. My sex drive is still non-existent. I was lucky enough to not experience hair loss or acne. Wouldn't recommend this to my friends unless they're serious about keeping their mental health on track."

Chess (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2018

For Birth Control "So I got my implant about three months ago and its been good for unprotected sex but I’ve definitely gained at least 15 pounds on it. I hate that part but otherwise its been way easier than having to remember taking the pill. I haven’t experienced any of the other symptoms but maybe headaches which I used to never get. And then I feel nauseous every now and then. Just thought I’d pass this along. I’m going to ask my doctor about the weight gain."

Skinney (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Birth Control "My experience with this drug is not the best. I had it inserted after an ovarian cyst removal to prevent growth of another and at first it was amazing, I haven't had a period at ALL since I had it inserted (late 2015) and that was definitely a plus however I experienced slight hair loss, I have a lot of hair and it sheds a lot normally, it was not super dramatic but definitely a noticable difference in hair loss. The mood swings were HORRIBLE, my poor partner copped it almost every day and I had major fatigue. I am yet still to have it removed but I will update on the effects I experience after removal."

Kayki (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I never really share experiences on these forums, but if this helps just one other woman, then it's worth it. I had the Implanon NXT inserted in January 2018. I had no apprehension about using it as I had it several years ago and it was great. This time around though, I wasn't so lucky. Since January, my life has been extremely difficult. Aside from constant bleeding the first few weeks and gaining 10lbs, the anxiety and depression have been the worst. It took me a long time to realise that the implanon was the cause of my anxiety, paranoia, and mood swings. I felt like I was going crazy. I tried everything, holistic therapy, mediation, diet & exercise and eventually by process of elimination- I realised it was the implanon causing my mental health issues. Implanon removed yesterday, and already I feel better in my mood, and my mind has slowed down. I've always been a mentally-strong person & a fighter, who luckily never suffered from mental health problems."

SMiss April 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I had this implant for 7 months. It caused me to be very aggravated and depressed. I got horrible face and body acne. My back acne was so painful my husband couldn't hug me. It also made my hair fall out, in clumps. It's been 18 months since I have had the implant removed. The acne cleared up, I do have scarring from it though. My hair has never returned to what it was before the implant. I've read that it probably will never come back."

Cookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I was unfortunate enough to get a lot of side effects from the implant. For a month I had terrible headaches, a constant (almost 5 weeks!) light period, fever and chills, my arm was incredibly tender and I just felt depressed and anxious all the time. Yes, I know that it can take a little while for the body to adjust to the hormones but it was just too much for me and I had it removed 5 weeks after putting it in. The doctor who removed it said that it was inserted way too deep and may have been impacting a nerve, causing my pain. Within an hour of having it removed I felt lighter and happier than I have in weeks, and my headache and fever have disappeared. I'm not saying that everyone should boycott this method, but definitely be prepared for some awful side effects."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I had Nexplanon for around 3 months and bled for 6 weeks continuously. I gained 15lbs and became very miserable and cried over nothing. I decided enough is enough and I want the thing out of me asap. The doctor was very defensive about Nexplanon and advised that the symptoms I was having would not have been caused by the implant - I hate to break it to you doc but I know my own body! Had a look on google and the reasons why doctors prefer you to stick with the implant is because its costs the NHS around £80 and they see it as a ‘waste’ if you want it taken out after a few months. I will never recommend the implant to anyone."

Harpo April 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I've read a lot of reviews on implanon before I decided to get it and I was very scared that I would have a bad experience with it. Turned out, I love it!!! It's good and safe. It makes my life a lot easier. I could've given it a 10/10, but I only gave it a 9/10 because I was spotting for 8 weeks until everything started to get into places and my period stopped completely. I got it done on 16th August 2017, it was the 4th days through my period (usually have it for 7 days). I started spotting a little bit of blood from that day. Went to the doctor for more information and they told me not to worry and see for 3-6 months. Waited patiently and eventually it stopped. Now I got nothing to worry anymore!"

Nan March 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I got the implant about 3 months ago and I don’t recommend it. I have been on a heavy, painful period for about a month, have lost my sex drive and have been having bad mood swings for a couple weeks now. The cramps have been horrible too- pain in my back and abdomen. I have also gained 10 pounds somehow. I know it’s the implant because I haven’t felt this way prior to getting it. It has negatively affected my mood, my physical wellbeing and my relationship with my partner. I'm going to get it taken out tomorrow and can’t wait to feel back to normal again."

Isabel March 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I got the implant in May 2017 and I bled for 3 months so the doctors gave me the combined pill to take everyday for 3 months. I then had 2 months break and bled again for the full 2 months and then they gave me more. And now I’ve suddenly started getting blood randomly and when I have sex."

Nic467368 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the impalanon for 12 months during that time I had on average 17 day long periods with maybe 3 days break before they started again. I experienced seveer cramps, migraines, diarrhea complete loss of sex drive and gained over 20kg. I was also diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. Since having it removed 2 weeks ago I have lost 5kg I feel fantastic and am going to see my doctor about coming off my antidepressants. My relationship has improved because I’m not having ridiculous mood swings and my sex drive is coming back. My doctor kept assuring me that my Implanon was not causing any of my issues, apparently he was wrong. I’m so glad I stood my ground and removed it against his recommendation. It was the worst decision of my life having it and I’m so grateful to have it out."

Beccells (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on implanon for about 4 years now. The first 3 years were awesome I never had a period. Year 4 now I am starting to have a period once a month. It’s not heavy but it’s not consistent yet either sometimes it’s the first week of the month sometimes it’s the second. Over the 4 years I’ve noticed a lot of weight gain. I don’t eat very healthy or workout consistently but I didn’t before I started using the implant either. Overall I’ve had no pregnancies and only 3 periods in 4 years so if you ask me a little weight gain and mood swings is way better than having an unplanned child. Would recommend for young less responsible adults who can’t remember taking the pill every day like me lol Lastly my insurance covered the implant so not having to go to the pharmacy every month to pick and pay for the pill has been so convenient!"

Sarah Rice (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this BC for about ten months at the age of 24. It caused me horrible acne break outs all over my body which required medical attention. I would also have a 12 day period twice a month (more or less all the time). My sex drive was non-existent and my mood was low and depressed. Since getting off and working with a dermatologist my symptoms have resolved except skin scarring. I had to take a break from BC for six months before moving on to a different method. Worst of all, because it cannot be removed on your own, I felt helpless and trapped in my body. It was difficult to get an appointment with my doc due to scheduling and I ended up with it 6 weeks longer than I would have liked after calling to get it removed. It was a horrible, helpless situation. I actually have friends on it and they aren't scrambling to get it removed as well. Best of luck but please think this one through"

jbrown91 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...