User Reviews for Implanon (Page 2)

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1415 reviews 281 medications

6.3
Summary of Implanon reviews 1415 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "Hello! I had gotten the original implanon July of 2011 and went to get it taken out 3 years later and no one could find it. Multiple blood test, MRIs, Xrays and Ultra sounds have been done to no avail. All the doctors are at a lost. Im at lost just thinking I cant have children. Its now been 5 years and still no answers. Thinking back I have noticed weight ain and migranes but I just thought it was something else. I have less then 5 periods during this wholes experience. Has anyone been lost, what was your outcome? I dont know what to do anymore."

TracyW92 July 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had it since April 2015. I decided to have it removed. While using this birth control, I have gone from 180 to 220 (even with exercise). I have found myself to become depressed and started using Wellbutrin (150mg). Originally, I did not want to have the the BC removed, however, the bad outweighed the good (health-wise). I have used the IUD (constant yeast infections), the depo (weight gain). I have not tried the pill because I just wouldn't remember to take it, so I have decided to get my tubes tied. This option is not for everyone, but I am older, divorced and already have 3 children. Try it, if you see negative signs, have it removed right away don't wait like I did, research and try something else."

Try Try Again July 21, 2016

For Birth Control "My arm was sore for 3-4 months after I got it. Whenever I tried to carry my wallet against my arm it hurt. Anything rubbing/touching my arm hurt for months. I would not recommend this. I just got mine taken out after using it 1 yr & 2 months. This pain will just teach you to suck it up and remember to take your pill each day. Normally I don't get periods on any kind of birth control but with this one I got my period every 2 weeks for about 4 months. With this med you do retain water, so you are going to gain weight and I felt hungry all the time. Just doesn't make sense to get cut, put a hole and your arm for birth control. I have also tried an IUD before this one, no foreign objects should be used in your body. Don't do it."

Reds7 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I got this bar almost exactly a year ago and have gains 20lbs don't get me wrong I love the no periods and all that but if you don't want to gain weight I wouldn't recommend"

Sidneylee July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I don't recommend this birth control to anyone. Ever since I got it in, it has been a non-stop emotional roller coaster, my mood swings are out of control. Also no sex drive, no energy and weight gain. But the worst part is I tend to have 2 or more periods in a month. Started my period, after 7 days it stopped, two days later I am bleeding heavy again, was on my period for another 9 days. One time I heavily bled for 20 days straight. I'm getting this taken out."

Tizzle (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Hi I'm Kylee, I got the implant about 4 months ago.. I still have it but looking back I realized things I should've asked and clarified better. Within my first month of having it I had a miscarriage. Even though when I got the implant the nurses had me take a pregnancy test and the first one "didn't read well" so we took two. They both came back negative she said.. After my misscarriage I blamed it on stress and that things happen for a reason.. But lookin back and seeing other peoples reviews it makes me strongly believe that implanon was the main cause for my miscarriage.. They tell you when you get it that it won't cause any harm in the pregnancy but if you do find out you're pregnant come in and get it removed immediately. its all a lie"

Kylee p July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Well i guess overall it accomplished the goal of not getting pregnant. But i have been bleeding for 80% of 14 months!!! It ranges from "oh my god! I need a transfusion to damnit, more clothes ruined" mood is slingshotting & im completely over this entire thing. I just removed it two days ago & am bleeding through super plus tampons in less than an hour. Not worth it."

Irritated & tired of bleeding July 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I had the implant placed in the beginning of May. My arm was too sore to move the first 2-3 weeks but I gave it time and it finally had stopped causing me pain. Then the migraines started. I don't have a history of migraines or headaches and now every single day my head is killing me without relief from over the counter meds. My sex drive is dead and to top it all off, I started lightly bleeding in June and it never stopped. I'm going to see a doctor to make sure my lab work is okay since I've been bleeding non stop for over a month. The implant also migrated about 3 inches up my arm which I read it wasn't supposed to do. As soon as my insurance starts again, it's coming out. Don't get it!"

Rin93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I got mine in my left arm in April 2016. I went to planned parenthood and they did the whole procedure in about a half hour. Just the numbing was painful. Um a week after I had intercourse with my boyfriend and I bleed like crazy I was so embarrassed. After a little while I thought it would go away. But it has been light spotting since and each and every time I have sex a whole stream of blood rushes out. It is the worst thing imaginable. It doesn't happen to all. But I've had the worst experience."

Natgee (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I got birth control for the first time in my life!! After doing a lot of research and asking friends around hearing horrific feedbacks I was very skeptical. But being in serious relationship having unprotected sex left me no choice. I m allergic to latex so condoms were not an option... Long story short I got implanon back in March, and monitored my eating habits and I did notice first month a had 2 or 3 breakouts that left dark spots which are gone with use of acne medicine nothing severe no weight gain or any other side effects. Little difference in mood in the beginning and every month I get light spotting during my period cycle. Overall this birth control has been very effective even though my Bf released sperm inside....!!!!"

Barbie11 July 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I cannot stand this implant. At first I was happy I got it, I didn't get my period for a month after I got on I was fine. Then the cycles came. For the last month and a half I have been on and off every other week. It finally stopped. I am SO irritable and I get pissed off so much easier than I used to. I gained 10 pounds since I've gotten it. Supposedly it was only a 1-3 pound gain so I was okay with putting on the extra weight if I wasn't going to get pregnant of course. Don't get this."

Kaylynnn July 1, 2016

For Birth Control "i had this in for 3 years as it worked as a contreceptive it was affective. i had no periods for 3 years. i wanted the implant taken out but i had to wait 12 months. side effects were sweating problems and loss of sex drive. once i had it taken out i felt emotional for a few days, had a period and felt human again."

lisapinkpuma (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had my Implanon for not even 5 weeks and I have had the worst moods swings and depression. It's been ruining my relationship with my boyfriend because I constantly ask myself if he loves me anymore and things like that (I know he does but the implanon says different) it's given me severe anxiety, super upset and breaking down in tears everyday and have an empty feeling in my stomach. I've never felt so emotional and sad before. I really want it out but they said wait 6 months and it might change and I might get used to it but it seems so long. Anything can happen within 6 months. I really do not suggest this if you do not like crying over everything, especially TV ad's because they had a puppy."

Jane__ June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "The implanon is horrible, I got it put in Feb. 2016 getting it taken out the end of the month. It made me really, depressed, had major weight loss, nervous, paranoid, anxiety, and I wasn't myself. I lost interest in everything. I do not recommend this BC at all."

LLei (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Got the implant about in the last week on April 2016 today is June 28 I got the implant inserted couple days after my period ended then I got my period in mid May 2016 lasted for 2 weeks light bleeding (usually my period with out birth control lasts 1 week and heavy bleeding) comes back couple days later and I haven't stop bleeding and it's been over a month now but not heavy just light bleeding since then I know it says it take a while for your body to get in the rhythm of the birth control like a couple months or so but if I get to August and it still doesn't regulate my period there really isn't any point of me having it if I'm going to bleeding all the time there is no way I can get pregnant if I'm going to keep bleeding months on end."

Mrs gamez June 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Now, I'm not saying no one should use this contraceptive as the effects it has on people varies with some having no problems at all. My experience with the implant is one I wish to forget as it was very unpleasant. The only positive is that it did its job and prevented me from getting pregnant and the negatives are the side effects I faced with it: Constant pain in my arm where the implant had been inserted, depression, low and agitated mood...they were the main ones. I had to put up with it for six months, because the doctors refused to remove it and gave me the combined pill to help me with my depression, but it worsened it. It is out now and I do feel better, my arm doesn't ache anymore. Having it put in is a big regret for me."

Moonless Night 15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst birth control ever. I would NOT recommend this birth control to anyone. I experienced non stop bleeding to the point where it was effecting my sex life with my boyfriend. I was always depressed, horrible mood swings, I got severe nausea and got sick to my stomach on it. And the migraines were the worst. I thought the implant would be covient due to the fact that I don't have to remember to take it everyday. But I'm SO glad its out."

Melissa D. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2016

For Birth Control "So, my experience with the Implanon (Nexplanon) Implant was adventurous, to say the least, and not in good way. The second week of insertion, I felt like I was pregnant. Literally, from food cravings to nausea. I felt light headed from time to time. And mood swings, OH the MOOD SWINGS! But at that point in time I didn't think anything of it. I figured it was just my body's way of adapting to a new medicine. Whatever. A couple months later, I talked to my doctor about getting back on my depression medicine...no big deal. I've been depressed most of my life. Side note that i though was pretty cool: Over time I noticed a day before I started my period the area that the device was located would feel a burning pinching sensation... Much cle"

Jersey732 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I would never recommend this form of contraception to anyone. I have never heard of a single woman (who I have known personally) who has had a good experience with the Implanon. I had it in for 7 months. I bled non-stop for the first 3 months, then did not bleed for one month and then bled again (consistently) for 3 more months. I had terrible anxiety and depression. My mood swings were horrendous and I was so uptight and moody. As soon as I got it out, within days, I felt better and my periods returned to normal (like clockwork). My husband said that I was not myself when I had the Implanon in and that having it insterted changed me into a completely different person."

Natalie Lloyd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2016

For Birth Control "Ive had this thing in me for a year and seven months. All it has done is make my depression and anxiety worse and cause really bad mood swings. I didn't have a period until recently and im having severe cramps. Thqbkfully I go to gwt it taken out soon. Im just gonna switch to the pill. I wouldnt recommend this to anyone."

Britt3290 June 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been bleeding for a year and a half consistently. I just don't know if I can take it out without causing more bleeding. Absolutely do not suggest."

Facemcface June 13, 2016

For Birth Control "My first implant went extremely well. I got it put in during my period, which is usually heavy. The next time I had it the flow was noticeably less. After when they would come it slowed till it eventually stopped. I went 2 years period free but when it got close to the time to take it out my period was radically crazy. I would spot then stop the next day or get a heavy flow then the next week spot again. I noticed even before these symptoms that I would get a slight shock or ache where the implant was put but to me this was fine. I got it taken out and was off it for a year before getting another. This time my period is now hitting its two weeks. So I'm going to switch to depo to see if that works better. They say to switching BC helps."

NightEagle (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I got this birth control a year and a half ago, for the first year it was great no period or anything did have some Weight gain... About 15 Pounds and it hurts in my arm and took away my sex drive, after a year I stared having my period monthly and they would last TWO WEEKS or more. It made me extremely irratble and moody and now I have to take the pill and have the bar in to regulate my period which didn't help my moodiness what so ever. I feel like I'm constantly hungry and I'm active in the gym and feel like I haven't lost any weight over an 8 month period. I do not recommend this to anyone"

Haayhank June 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had 3 implants in total now and just had my last one removed after having it for a year. I had two with no problems apart from acne. The last I had after I had my first child and it was the worst thing ever. I'd lost all the baby weight then had the implant inserted and gained 3 stone back in about 4 months. Nothing would shift it. It completely changed my appetite, gave me horrible acne and dandruff and reduced my sex drive to nothing. I had it removed 7 days ago and it was the best decision ever. In just 7 days I've lost 7lbs by doing nothing, dandruff has nearly gone and my skin has nearly all cleared up. I loved the implanon implant before having my baby but after it just seemed to cause so many side effects it wasn't worth it."

Sarahcl June 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I can honestly say I hate this form of birth control I never would get a period until a few months ago and for the past 2 months it has been non stop my mood swings are everywhere I'm gaining weight like crazy this birth control is not even worth it."

Willas May 29, 2016