User Reviews for Implanon (Page 2)

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1538 reviews 305 medications

6.2
Summary of Implanon reviews 1538 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "I have had implanon/nexplanon for almost 2 months and will have it removed tomorrow. I do not recommend this birth control to anyone. Weight gain 6,3 kg, that is bizarre. mood swings (sad/crying/angry) every day for no reason while I'm a very stable person normally. I don't recognize myself and my partner has had a tough time. Alltogether my libido also dropped. The hormone in implanon is the hormone released after ovulation. I was scared for the incision and scar to take it out, but this is no life, it gets worse every day. Please think twice before you take this birth control. It sounds great, but the effects on, what i've now read, many women are too negative. Only few women don't have them."

Brouwer (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "It's been terrible I have my period all the time. I've had to be put on depression/anxiety medicine. I've also gained 20lbs that I can not lose! I would never recommend this birth control to any one. Even though I know it's just about impossible to become pregnant I constantly feel like I am! It makes me quite nervous!"

Samanthalynn April 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So I've had the implant in for a year and a half. For the first half a year, I essentially had 1 long period that would have a days break from bleeding here and there. It did not hurt nearly as much as my usual period and it was not as heavy, so it was just more of a nuisance than anything else, and stopped me being able to have sex. After that, my period came for a few weeks at a time and would start randomly. Half a year of that and now my periods have stopped completely. I've had no other side affects, aside from maybe being a bit more moody and having more mood swings. It's been half a year of no period and I am loving it. And it was free as I live in the UK and am under 25!"

BellatrixNarcissa April 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Everyone I know is scared of implanon, I don't know why! I've had mine in for a year & a half & I've had the best experience. I have not gotten pregnant"

QueenAri (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm from the UK & have tried numerous forms of contraception such as the mini pill and the depot injection but always seemed to forget the pill. I had my implant inserted in January 2016 and up until recently I thought it was great. For the past few months My sex drive is 0. I have had three periods in the space of 4 weeks which vary between heavy and continuous spotting. I often feel bloated and lack energy, I get home from work and just want to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle on my back to ease the pain. I've had no weight gain but do eat a lot. This method of contraception of good for preventing pregnancy but be aware of the symptoms linked to it as they often weigh out the positives."

Stefanie-UK2017 April 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I just removed the implanon today after having it for 3 years. This implanon really works if you want to avoid getting pregnant. The first month of using it, I got a cyst. I was told it's due to hormonal changes for using the implanon. I didn't remove it. For the last three years while on it, I suffered from hair dryness and hair loss. My breast size went from C cup to F. I get spotty period that lasted 3 weeks alternating with a week of no period. I struggled to lose weight even with very regular exercise and no carb diet. The only way to lose some is when I didn't eat anything at all. I was a size 6 but now I am a size 22. Today I went to remove it and it was painless, The cyst were no longer there. No, I will not use it again."

BettyClaire (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "In my opinion it is great at its main purpose, never failed. My only issue is the weight gain, I gained 12kg on the implant in a matter of weeks and I cannot seem to lose it :("

Moniquesherie_ (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "1st time I got it put in I bleed for 3weeks was about to get it taken out but the bleeding stopped with in 3 months I put on 15kgs I went to the gym regularly (5 days a week) nothing was helping with losing the weight, I had it 1 year and had my period once. It worked I didn't fall pregnant and my partner and I are really sexually active, everyone is different but me I put on 20kgs in that 12 months of having it in, I had it taken out and fell pregnant pretty much 3 months after :)"

Mum of 4❤ (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had implanon for about 3 years now and it has been super effective with preventing pregnancy but I plan to have it removed soon. I have gained almost 30 pounds, my hair falls out like crazy, and my hormones are so out of wack. I'm constantly feeling lazy, depressed, and suuuuuuper anxious."

Vivianaaaa April 3, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I would NEVER recommend this birth control to anyone. I had it for a year straight! With the feeling of being pregnant. Boobs constantly hurt, always cramping, migraines, exhausted everyday, mood swings and zero sex drive. I would have rather been pregnant. So not worth it. Much rather remember a pill everyday!"

Brincarter ma March 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've always been skeptical about this method, mainly because the thought of a tube going into my arm freaked me out. But since I have a bad reaction to the pills, I chose this vs the other methods. I've had it for a little over 6 months and I've had no problems. I spotted once the first week and that was it. No mood swings, no binge eating, no weight gain. Well there was weight gained but that's bc I was lazy lol. The only down side is, due to having no bleeding, I never know if I'm pregnant or not. So I buy a pregnant test every 3 months just to be safe. Other than that, I love it."

Coco123456789 March 31, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had implanon since Aug of 2015 and I must say, it works really well. For the first 2 - 3 months, I didn't get a period, but I did spot. I spotted about 2 x a week, but after that it went away. I love this method of birth control, however, the only thing I really dislike is the fact that it makes you eat sooo much and then you gain weight. Not sure if it happens to everyone, but that's what I experienced. It made me eat a lot and a lot of weight was gained. But overall, I LOVE the birth control method."

Kat Kathleen March 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Hello ladies, I've had the implanon for 2 years now and I can say I like it but also there are things I don't like about it. I got my implanon inserted in 2015 and didn't have any problems with it until about 6 months into it. After that I've had periods 2 times a month - every month that has lasted for about 5 days, sometimes even lasted a week. The second thing I don't like about it is I have no sex drive what so ever. Another thing I don't like is my hair falls out and I can't seem to stop gaining weight and I'm tired a lot, I also got diagnosed with panic disorders"

Lakerbabe95 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had the implant since Feb 2016. Before that I got the depo shots and decided to switch because I did not like the depo. I have been VERY impressed with the implant and how it has been for me. I spotted one time in 2016 and it was about a month after I got the implant, I think it was just because my body was just trying to get used to the horomones. I cramped for a week, and only bled for a few days. As of today (mar 2017) I was cramping all day, low and behold I started my period. Now I am not complaining considering I haven't had one for over a year, but I am hoping this will be just like last time! I do recommend it!"

Paige5 March 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Update: this is my fourth month in and the first time I have had a period with this implant I started bleeding a few days after my last post in here I've been bleeding for a month and one week now I'm not sure when it will stop it keeps getting light and switches to a heavy flow. I still haven't gained any weight but my sex drive has been down this last month (it could be from the contestant bleeding) doesn't make me feel sexy and I had a really high sex drive before I feel like it's ruining my sex life with my bf"

Angeljoyw91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I gave it the benefit of the doubt and had 2 sessions worth of it..... it did prevent any pregnancies but at the risk of never bleeding. I don't know about yall but it scared the crap out of me! My sex drive vanished once I got on it. 10-20 lbs of weight was gained over the course of 4 1/2 years. finally got it out and still not bleeding.....not sure what all it screwed up...... good luck ladies!"

Kkyleen96 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Kept it about a year before asking for his removal. 9 months bleeding almost non stop and half of my boob size vanished, leaving them like 2 empty sacks (I'm 22). They kind of grew back afterwards but never got back to their initial shape."

Amdfire March 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had the implant for about a little over a year now. I'll have to say it is very reliable for preventing pregnancy. It's much easier then the pill in my opinion. Honestly when I first got it I bled for about 8 months straight. It was lighter, but still a hassle. I was determined to keep it in. After about a year I stopped bleeding. Now I only get 4-5 light periods every other month. If your willing to wait it out, I definitely would. It took my body awhile to get used to it and now it's doing great! I barely get headaches and cramps (only a little cramps to indicate my period was coming) No weight gain either! Definitely worth it."

Swhis (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my second year on this & I'm already about to get this taken out. I absolutely HATE IT. It doesn't make me gain weight at all.. while I was on this I probably gained about 5-10 pounds and thats it. I weigh 115. One thing I really hate about this is I'm constantly bleeding. I'll be bleeding for a month & be off for about 2 weeks or 1 & I'll be back on. Not just that, ever since I've been on this I've been sad, mad, every mood in the book. It works and everything but honestly I just think this is the worst birth control ever! (I didn't try every birthcontrol). I'm moving to the shot. This is the worst thing I can ever get. I hate it. I definitely don't recommended this. It makes me not even wanna have sex anymore. This thing is horrible!!"

MarieT1028 March 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Taking it out in a few days! I've gained over 20 lbs with it in. I just eat and eat and don't get full. Don't feel like having sex and just feel like blah. When everyone else has lost weight because of breastfeeding I've just been gaining. I'll go back to the nuvaring. Even though I got pregnant while on it. (Another story). I've been working out. Guess I can do more but I've never weighed this much in my life."

DCPearl February 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had my implant for 3 years in April, it has prevented pregnancy but the side effects have been awful. I've gained 5 stone in weight, I have had huge spots come up all over my body but mainly on my face and neck, I've used every spot treatment out there including medications from my doctor, I've had tender breasts most of the time and have no energy at all, I've spent the last 3 years on diets and exercising and even using weight loss pills and the weight will not shift. To the lady that asked about pregnancy after the implant, it is possible to have a healthy pregnancy after its removal, I know 2 people that have had healthy children since, I hope you see this and it helps, I will not be having a replacement after my experience with it"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm from the UK so I don't pay for it but I had bleeding from April 2016 until the end of December 2016. It affected my life and relationship so much. I hated trying to have sex and feel good while bleeding non stop. Thank god it's finally stopped. Was told I'd have to take a pill alongside it to stop the bleeding or put up with it. The reason I got it was so I didn't have to take a pill so that would have defeated the purpose! Works well at preventing pregnancy though."

Jessicaaaa February 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Love love love it!! Been using it to nearly 4 years now, no problems what so ever apart from irregular periods maybe consisting for a month or so but other than that child free! Best contraception I've been on!"

Annemarie_mollie1996 February 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have always been on a diet and on regular exercise (about 2 hours a day). I stopped dieting for 5 months (precisely the first 5 months I had the implant), and I gained 12 pounds in that time even with the constant physical activity. Even now that I have started dieting again it seems impossible to lose the pounds I gained and even more the fat in the abdominal zone. I have tried hypocaloric diets, cardio workouts and still I can't get rid of them. Not to mention the devilish mood swings and headaches. Of course it works as a contraceptive but agh, WEIGHT GAIN."

19andnotpregnant (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I love this little guy! I can't take estrogen so my doctor recommended this to me. While the birth control pill is incredible, this rod really shines because of how it stops PMS and almost annihilates my periods! I have experienced no weight gain, irregular bleeding, or acne while on this. The fact that it has a 0.05% failure rate really helps me sleep at night. I had very little bruising after getting it inserted but there was a some pain for about 5 days afterwards. This wasn't a problem because the implant is inserted on the non-dominant arm. It is totally invisible besides the tiny dot on my upper arm that nobody has noticed. Playing with the implant is also something fun to do in a boring class!"

Ellie4696 February 19, 2017