User Reviews for Implanon (Page 2)

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1493 reviews 295 medications

6.2
Summary of Implanon reviews 1493 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "Welp! 5 years later and I didnt get pregnant so thats an A+ but the largest side effect has been my plummeted sex drive. About 6 months after having it implanted, the idea of sex was so....bleh. My poor husband has really taken a blow to his ego in the last few years. Our sex life has certaintly taken a hit. So much so that he has been researching vasectomies now that I need a new BC implanted. Other than that, it worked out."

Gwen111154586 December 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I got implanon February of 2015. Also I am 4"11 100lbs when I got it so I was fairly tiny before. But the day I got it in my arm I had bruising for a whole month. Didn't get a period still haven't. My moods vary from super bitch to quiet and tired. I eat ALL the time but can't gain any weight. In fact I've lost 10 lbs since being on it and I hate it. This thing has made me moody. Have dry skin. I have lost weight and hair. Besides not getting pregnant it's doing its job."

Brye December 18, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have had the Implanon now for 3 months and can safely say it's great, no periods and no more migraines as the microginon pill was giving me hellish headaches!... As for putting on weight, people need to realise the small piece of plastic can not and does not produce fat cells. In order to gain weight you need to EAT the food. All that being said it does play havoc with hormones and I completely agree that cravings differ, making you have that same PMS feeling you may get around the time of the month, but as for the people who say there eating habits haven't changed and they have gained weight simply isn't true. Plastic doesn't reproduce fat cells ladies So don't be fooled! That's coming from a dietician!!"

Ald21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I got my Implanon inserted in June 2016, it was not a big deal as my doctor was skillful. Afterward, it looked like a rather large bruise for ten or so days, but healed neat. It stayed sore for some weeks. I had a hellish first 4 mths adjusting: heavier, super-long periods followed by incessant spotting. Hair thinning & loss while body hair increased, acne, too much weight loss and feeling frequently moody, panicking or nauseous. Sex drive disappeared. Fed up and miserable, I saw my doc and was advised to wait another few mths to see if it settled. It did. My periods have stopped now, and skin and hair are much better (though not completely the same as before). So relieved it's better and that I gave it a bit more time."

Microbat (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I got in inserted in the middle of March 2016 & got it taken out November 2016. I didn't get periods at first , and if I did they were very light , then 4 months later I got the worst periods I've ever had, usually before the birth control I could help my back pain & cramps with IB, IB didn't even help AT ALL when I got on birth control. May is when I realized I started gaining a lot of weight. My eating habits didn't change , neither did me working out. I kept gaining & gaining. By the time I got it taken out I weighed 135 pounds . I weighed 118 before I got it in! I also got super depressed & anxious and no one believed the birth control was doing it. Seriously I felt 100 times better when I got it out! & I already lost 7 pounds having it out"

Erica.6 December 12, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Had the implanon for 5 months What I experienced was bleeding every day and that I had to wear a tampon everyday for 5 months. I didn't even know when I had my period because it was like I had my period everyday. Makes your face break out, weight gain, and my sex drive disappeared. If I would have read these reviews I never would have got it. The removal procedure was also extremely painful I would not recommend anyone taking this as there are much better ways It is not worth it at all"

angry1737894905 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've had the rod 18 months now. In this time I've gained weight a developed anxiety that bad I no longer have social life. I am in pain constantly ie back tummy headache I'm exhausted everyday. I don't even feel like a human. Also sore breasts irregular periods and insomnia. Joint pain the lot. Severe mood swings almost bipolar type. Seriously affected me also pain where it was. I personally Wouldn't recommend took over my whole life"

Danyam14 November 28, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have had the implanon since June 2015 and I have to say it I hadno pregnancy but the only down sides about it was that no one told me I would have bruising for 10 days on my left arm and that it would hurt so much during that time. My periods have always been regular, each month 3-5 days. But the other down side is the gaining weight. I always weight around 140 and I went up to almost 180. Never had happened and I have been trying to lose weight but nothing seems to work. It's a great birth control but the weight is no good."

Alllleee (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've had the implanon for just over a year now and I've never felt so low in my life. I suffer from mental issues and I feel as this has made it worse. It is good for preventing pregnancy but the side affects are too scary. I've had multiple pregnancy symptoms which keep scaring me. I also gain weight, no motivation to do anything and really bad mood swings which affect others around me so I think it's time to take this thing out and see a bigger difference!"

Implanonisnotgood November 27, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have had this birth control since april of 2012; having it changed last year. I have my own bouts of anxiety and depression so that may contribute to some of my issues. But I can say that; I have gained a lot of weight since being on this birth control; even when I was walking 10 miles a day and barely eating I only lost like 15 pounds at most; I started off at 155 with this implant after having my son. Once I started being more active I made it to 140; Now, after just 4 months of not walking 10 miles a day but still being active I am up to 171 lbs. It's ridiculous. I plan on having the copper IUD inserted soon. I also have trouble with breaking out a lot, mood swings, and a non-existent sex drive."

BrittClay (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 25, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have had the implanon for over 4 years now with in the 1st years I gain over 59 pound. I feel as if this birth control caused me to go blind in my left eye after two years on it I notice that u couldn't see out my left I so I went to eye doctor she sent me to an specialist they told me I had fluid on the brain I was put in the hospital for 2 day to get in spinal tab... then to found out that I 100 percent loss my vision in my left eye. It was something end tumor I forgot the name.. I never had a problem until this birth control I notice one I had got it I had a lot of head aches.. my ears sound like I had water are something on them... to lost my vision tho... I hate I ever made this decision.. I'm looking for an lawyer...Now"

Louise oates November 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have had the implanon 3 times now. 2 out of 3 were fantastic and got no periods. The other time i didnt stop bleeding but they gave me some tablets to stop it. I gained a little weight but nothing dramatic. Bonus is i never got pregnant :). Got the last one out three months ago and went back on the pill but it put me in so much pain so im getting the 4th implanon back in tomorrow. It works great for me but everyone is different."

Shay1993 November 21, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this implant for about a year I absolutely hate it I weighed 120 after having my baby I was so small my doctor told me I would only gain about 5 pounds, I am now at 199 I've tried losing weight that doesn't work my acne is out of this world I barely get a period and when I do it last for like a day and a half! This implant is causing my body so many problems I have headaches all the time , My breast hurt , My back hurts , And it's so difficult trying to lose weight on this it makes me eat unusual I eat all day .. It keeps you baby free and I don't want to get it removed but it comes with so many side effects that your doctor doesn't really tell you about!"

ShayC (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 17, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I got this implant a few days after my period, Oct. 7 .. then 2 weeks into having the implant, I got my period again. So I had 2 periods within a 2 week span. The period with the implant, lasted almost 2 weeks. It went away about a week ago, but I now have the feeling like I'm going to get my period again. Ladies, you know the feeling you get in your lower stomach when that time of the month is coming. But I don't understand; like am I going to keep getting my period every 2 weeks???? Nobody wants to deal with that. Another side effect I got is an increase in my appetite. I eat ALL day long. Needless to say, if I get my period again within the next week or so, I'm going to make an appointment to have this removed."

DiamondShai November 7, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Please excuse any grammatical or spelling errors, i am extremely exhausted. I've had implanon twice, 6 years in a row. Both times I had it put in I was in mild discomfort for a few days. the mood swings went away in a couple months. By the six month or so my pieriods regulated itself (and got a lot lighter!). never really had a problem with gaining weight or acne. I'm getting it again for another time,all in all i love this thing. keep me baby-free please!"

CupcakesKillingKittens (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Honestly, I've never made a better decision. No periods, no mood changes (actually improved my mental health), no change in libido. Some weight gain, but that is no bother since most contraception has it as a side effect."

willowtree45 November 3, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've had the implant about 2 years. It look me about 3mos of mood swings then I stabled out. My periods & cramps aren't too crazy,Ive gained some weight but im not too sure if it has anything to do with this. The one reason why I am considering getting it removed sooner is because I've lost interest in alot of things,but my SEX DRIVE is completely gone. I've had a pretty healthy sex life. But the past year and a half i believed that something was wrong with me, after reading reviews it settles me knowing that this is a common thing that happens. I miss being intimate, I'm a completely different person and i hope i get back to normal after the removal. Worth a shot though, not pregnant!"

Worth a Try (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 2, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Been on it just over a year, I still get my periods every month but my period cycle now lasts for 7 days with extra bleeding. I havn't really had other side effects but just still get period. I may get it taken out and go on pill but unsure yet"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've had the Implanon put in 2011 and taken out 2013. Then the Explanon put in 2014 and taken out today 10/19/2016. As far as preventing pregnancy and no period (for me), it's exceptional. BUT I've gained 40 pounds over the course of 2 years and it's nearly impossible to lose weight while on this birth control. Also, I did get break outs on my face from bad acne from time to time. Now, I'm currently getting ready to try the "mini pill"."

Raina03 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I loved everything about the implanon - BUT I had to have it removed because it gave me horrific cystic acne deep under my skin around my chin. I was so caught up worrying that my depression and anxiety would arise as a side effect that I didn't realise it was actually the bar causing the sudden change in my skin. It's such a shame because otherwise I loved it. Have had it gone for a few months now, my skin started to settle but now is flaring up again. If you do find you start to experience cystic acne on the implanon - DO NOT TOUCH IT and get your doc to prescribe a topical acne ointment to save yourself from it spreading and causing scarring :("

Julia12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I had this inserted after my fourth child during my six week check up, I had bruising at insertion site, and discomfort throughout the entire time in my left arm. I've normally stayed the same weight throughout my pregnancies and after I usually lost the weight within few months. My periods before implant were always heavy and wk long....after implant they were inconsistent , spotting and then completely disappeared. I have suffered hair loss I, gained 60lbs from this implant !!!60 pounds it's horrible I am so upset I weigh more more than I at my 9month preg weigh in! Tried several diets....had it from Aug 2013-oct2016 horrible horrible if I had connected the dots sooner I would've taken it out earlier.please dont do it.use condoms or abstain"

Kandi marie October 13, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "2 months after I had my baby I decided to get the inplonon worst mistake EVERR I had no sex drive at all and my mood swings were so bad that my husband and I almost broke up over me being in such a bad mood all the time I also got very depressed I knew it wasn't the baby blues because I was soo happy with my new daughter. Right after I took it off I started feeling like myself again"

mikendyjean1121 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've had implanon 6 yrs. Well in April I just got my second one. Every three yrs time to change. Am 29 yrs old used to weigh 115 at most . now am 126 and seem like am getting bigger. My sex drive is so bad. I don't never want to have sex. I feel so bloated. I got to get this removed ASAP."

Denisem123 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I had the implant removed today after having it in for 1 year 5 months, as it did not agree with me at all. It wasn't sore getting it removed but constant dizzy spells and weakness. Is this OK? Doctor never said anything to me "

Pixixo (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have had the implant in from February 2016 and since then I have put on 2 and a half stone, I've really noticed my appetite has increased massively! However I don't have any other side effects from it"

Anonymous October 6, 2016