User Reviews for Implanon (Page 2)

Learn more about Implanon.

Birth Control 1478 reviews 293 medications

6.2
Summary of Implanon reviews 1478 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Implanon

For Birth Control "Honestly, I've never made a better decision. No periods, no mood changes (actually improved my mental health), no change in libido. Some weight gain, but that is no bother since most contraception has it as a side effect."

willowtree45 November 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had the implant about 2 years. It look me about 3mos of mood swings then I stabled out. My periods & cramps aren't too crazy,Ive gained some weight but im not too sure if it has anything to do with this. The one reason why I am considering getting it removed sooner is because I've lost interest in alot of things,but my SEX DRIVE is completely gone. I've had a pretty healthy sex life. But the past year and a half i believed that something was wrong with me, after reading reviews it settles me knowing that this is a common thing that happens. I miss being intimate, I'm a completely different person and i hope i get back to normal after the removal. Worth a shot though, not pregnant!"

Worth a Try (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on it just over a year, I still get my periods every month but my period cycle now lasts for 7 days with extra bleeding. I havn't really had other side effects but just still get period. I may get it taken out and go on pill but unsure yet"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had the Implanon put in 2011 and taken out 2013. Then the Explanon put in 2014 and taken out today 10/19/2016. As far as preventing pregnancy and no period (for me), it's exceptional. BUT I've gained 40 pounds over the course of 2 years and it's nearly impossible to lose weight while on this birth control. Also, I did get break outs on my face from bad acne from time to time. Now, I'm currently getting ready to try the "mini pill"."

Raina03 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I loved everything about the implanon - BUT I had to have it removed because it gave me horrific cystic acne deep under my skin around my chin. I was so caught up worrying that my depression and anxiety would arise as a side effect that I didn't realise it was actually the bar causing the sudden change in my skin. It's such a shame because otherwise I loved it. Have had it gone for a few months now, my skin started to settle but now is flaring up again. If you do find you start to experience cystic acne on the implanon - DO NOT TOUCH IT and get your doc to prescribe a topical acne ointment to save yourself from it spreading and causing scarring :("

Julia12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I had this inserted after my fourth child during my six week check up, I had bruising at insertion site, and discomfort throughout the entire time in my left arm. I've normally stayed the same weight throughout my pregnancies and after I usually lost the weight within few months. My periods before implant were always heavy and wk long....after implant they were inconsistent , spotting and then completely disappeared. I have suffered hair loss I, gained 60lbs from this implant !!!60 pounds it's horrible I am so upset I weigh more more than I at my 9month preg weigh in! Tried several diets....had it from Aug 2013-oct2016 horrible horrible if I had connected the dots sooner I would've taken it out earlier.please dont do it.use condoms or abstain"

Kandi marie October 13, 2016

For Birth Control "2 months after I had my baby I decided to get the inplonon worst mistake EVERR I had no sex drive at all and my mood swings were so bad that my husband and I almost broke up over me being in such a bad mood all the time I also got very depressed I knew it wasn't the baby blues because I was soo happy with my new daughter. Right after I took it off I started feeling like myself again"

mikendyjean1121 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had implanon 6 yrs. Well in April I just got my second one. Every three yrs time to change. Am 29 yrs old used to weigh 115 at most . now am 126 and seem like am getting bigger. My sex drive is so bad. I don't never want to have sex. I feel so bloated. I got to get this removed ASAP."

Denisem123 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I had the implant removed today after having it in for 1 year 5 months, as it did not agree with me at all. It wasn't sore getting it removed but constant dizzy spells and weakness. Is this OK? Doctor never said anything to me "

Pixixo (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had the implant in from February 2016 and since then I have put on 2 and a half stone, I've really noticed my appetite has increased massively! However I don't have any other side effects from it"

Anonymous October 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Hey girls, I got my rod implant 2 and a half years ago on the 17 th of march 2014, I got it out 23rd of August 2016 but it was not expired until 17th of march 2017, since then i have had only one period so far, my partner and i have been trying for a baby since i had my first period after implant was removed but we haven't had any luck"

Dee12j October 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Implanon for 6 years. Before getting it I tried every other birth control excluding an iud. This has been the best one I have been on. I do not have periods, except when I start a new diet and exercise and start to lose weight. Then I get one and I have pretty bad cramping but really light bleeding. I have not gained any weight that can't be explained by my own fault. The only things I would say is a bad side effect for me is that I have no sex drive at all, and I also have a lot of dryness when I do try to have sex. Those are my only two complaints. I love not having to remember to take a pill every day and I love that it lasts three years. I'll be getting my third implant later this month."

Courtney0325 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the Implanon for a little over a year now and I'm ready to have it removed! The constant MOOD SWINGS, TERRIBLE ACNE AND CONSTANT NON STOP HEAVY PERIODS are just too much. My periods last anywhere from 12-15 days! I was told that it would evenually regulate and it hasn't. Yes it's effective because you bleed so much that you're unable to have sex!!!! I have not had any pregnancy scares but who wants to go through all the extra nonesense? I don't! I'm having it removed soon!"

Mimiiiiiii (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I had mine implanted about 2 years ago. The insertion was easy, the only pain was from the numbing needle which wasn't hardly any pain at all. I don't have periods, just light spotting every now and then. My face dies break out now and then nothing crazy. The only downside is that I have completely lost my libido. I am 30 years old and used to have a high sex drive and now my sex drive is non existent. Which is why I am planning to have this removed as soon as possible because I'm tired of living like this."

Nosexdrive October 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I first got the Implanon after I had my son in 2011. It was great!!! I only had a period every 2-3 months and absolutely no other side effects. I got it taken out and another one inserted in September 2015 and everything was the same until September 2016. Everything changed. It started with my period but with that I became very nauseous, depressed, anxious, and worried. I was angry and upset and just wanted to stay in bed. Went to doctor and was given meds for depression and panic attacks but I knew something had to be the cause because I've never ever had these problems. I've had blood tests ran, Pap smear, and even ultrasounds on my Thyroid and abdomen. Nothing was found. After reading reviews on the implanon, it was removed last week!!"

CharlyRose (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only had it for 4 months now. It's been stressful not knowing what to expect because no one's experience is the same. I'm not sure if my mood swings are from it or not. Spotting is really frustrating and right now I'm having extreme mass bleeding after a month and a half of nothing. I can't afford to see my GP every time I get anxious and nothing online helps."

Suzy3838383 October 1, 2016

For Birth Control "this is absolutely rubbish, my sister passed away this year because she was on period for about 95% of time. she was admitted to hospital for blood loss because of her periods..unfortunately she died after 7 days of admission."

shebeleza (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on the implonon for 3 years, it was fantastic, I didn't bleed at all. Did not fall pregnant and It was very cheap to get inserted and removed saveing me money on pads, tampons and condoms. But i did have a lack of sex drive, since having it removed it took 6 weeks to get my period and my sex drive has increased drastically."

Indy1234 September 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I've got very mixed feelings about my implanon. Had it in for over 6 months and not a hint of a period. No spotting or bleeding whatsoever = awesome! I'm more emotionally stable - no more crying every month with my period = great! However, I have put on approx 8kg despite no change to eating habits or exercise = depressed! Plus it hurt for a few days after it was put in. Previously I was on the pill for 25yrs and my weight was mostly stable I wore the same size work uniform for 7 yrs - but now I've had to go up a size and the new uniforms are getting tight already. I love not having to remember to take the pill, but I'm seriously considering having the implanon taken out and going back to the pill. The weight gain is just too big a pr"

Hhidgh September 24, 2016

For Birth Control "At first I was scared because I heard some people had non stop bleeding. But I've been on this for about a year now and it's been great. I get my period , maybe once every 2 months but I rarely get it. I don't have to worry about it and I have no side affects. I've tried the shot and the pill before and don't get me wrong the pill was great. It was just the matter of remembering. I hated the shot. I only did it once and I stopped because it gave me bad stomach pains and I was consistently bloated. So my body took the implant pretty well and I don't plan on taking it out anytime soon."

I don't have a nikename September 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I just recently had my third Implanon inserted. I'm lucky, I have had really no side effects from it. With my last two I had bleeding intermittently, not knowing when it would happen was probably the worst thing. I cannot attribute it to weight gain (although this did happen, but was soon resolved when I started at the gym!). I don't have mood swings or feel highly emotional, I don't get bad 'periods' they are usually light. There are so many bad experiences had by many women and there usually aren't many good reviews put up. My sister got one, she was not so lucky with constant bleeding, so she got it out - I think she gave it 3 months. My opinion is give it a go if doctor thinks it's a good idea get it, you can always take it out again."

Ash001 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I will give this birth control a 5/10 for the simple fact that I did not get pregnant for the 2 years I was on it. but I gained probably about 50 lbs (with no change in my eating habits and i'm even more active), my boyfriend complained about my mood swings, I bled for majority of the time whether it was heavy or light...I just couldn't deal. I wish I came off of it earlier but I enjoyed not being at risk for pregnancy. I got it taken out today and I can't wait to get back to normal."

keepitrealtrina September 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been on the implant since July and its September now and I still have my period...my mood swings are off the wall and worst of all my boobs and behind have both gotten smaller..the thing that worries me the most is I weigh the same but I feel so different. My emotions are controlling my life it seems. I don't know whether to tough it out because I'm not pregnant and that's working well for me or figure something else out...I've also had two experiences of chest/ arm/ back pain and random fevers...doctors don't help me....idk what to do. I think it's a good thing if you don't want kids right now but is it worth messing with your emotions and life.."

Katnissss September 14, 2016

For Birth Control "The day following my insertion of the implanon I got extreme nausea and debilitating fever that lasted the whole night. The fevers were an on and off occurrence but to keep them at bay I had to rely on painkillers, even just to function. I had no appetite and waves of nausea would occur before a fever. I was admitted to hospital as the fevers continued for a week and I was bed-ridden. The doctors gave me antibiotics and sent me home after a day. I felt better for a week or two but still had nausea. Then muscle aches and joint paint started coming back as well as waking up with puffy, sore eyes everyday. After another two weeks like this and numerous blood tests I decided to take out the implanon. Still have NO energy! STAY WELL AWAY!!!"

MaddiePalms September 14, 2016

For Birth Control "As far as effectiveness, yes the Implanon is effective in preventing birth control. That's the ONLY plus. I had the Implanon for 1 year, and I bled daily for 1 year. In the beginning I had no emotional or hormonal side effects...about 6 months in I became very paranoid, moody, anxious, emotional, and was becoming depressed before I finally had it taken out. I did not gain weight, but I did have very severe acne, to the point of (ineffective) dermatologist visits. I am writing this review just to tell other women to very careful consider it and your other options before having this birth control inserted. Both the insertion and removal are painful and leaves a nasty scar. If you have the option of other bc methods, take it."

rm1991 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2016