User Reviews for TriNessa

Ovarian Cysts
4.9

Summary of TriNessa reviews 6.1 437 reviews

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "I was looking for a birth control after having my second child. After being put on this I noticed massive mood changes. Then after a month I found out I was pregnant again. 11 days after I found out I was pregnant I was in emergency surgery. I had an ectopic which my ob told me was caused by TriNessa. Never again will I touch this birth control, or any for that matter."

Mom_of_2_angels (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

For Birth Control "After being on Mirena for 7 years (2 rounds) I had my IUD removed after developing severe acne and depression. My doctor prescribed Trinessa and I was hesitant to use it. I went birth control free for 2 months with little to no improvement to my acne. I was also using retin-A to help with it. I have now been on Trinessa for four months and I'm so impressed. I rarely break out and it clears up quickly. I still have scarring that's improving. I discontinued using the retin-A when I began using Trinessa. I gained about ten pounds but it's not noticeable and I actually feel more confident with my body now. My breasts did grow about one size as well. My mood also changed dramatically, I feel happier and more relaxed. The only negative I can say is the irregular periods. The first two months of use I had very long periods, like three weeks at a time. Now I just skip the "placebo week" and only get a bit of spotting 1-2 days. Overall very happy!"

Maizee (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m just now stopping the use of this drug. I’ll be starting Viorele probably next month and am hoping for better results. I started this drug 3 months ago after an ectopic. I have PCOS as well so I was also hoping that with the birth control help it would stop the abnormal bleeding and long periods. It did the opposite. I’ve bled longer on this drug than I have without any birth control. It used to happen once every few months now it’s a monthly issue. I’ve been super depressed and emotional while on this drug and very very angry and aggressive. Which is why I’ve stopped. I don’t like this feeling. If it happens with this new pill, I’ll go off of Birth control for good."

Lolme (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 18 and I decided it’s time to get back on birth control, because I am sexually active. I thought maybe I should try trinessa again, because when I was 15-16 I was taking this, I would forget to take the pill so, maybe that’s why I had problems (throwing up, hormonal) This time round I haven’t missed any days so far, and I’m about a month in on taking it and so far I am super depressed. I am usually a super nice person, I have a good job, great friends and family and an amazing boyfriend. But, it seems like lately I feel worthless and I am having really dark thoughts. I feel so dark and trapped and it is terrible. I have been so awful to people surrounding me lately, including my boyfriend and I just hate how I feel. I have been hearing that I just need to try to stay on it for a few more months for my body to get use to it, but we will see how that goes. If this continues, I am going to get off this one and try a new one."

Lolabunny November 8, 2018

For Acne "Was prescribed trinessa for acne and mood swings. Made my acne terrible worse than ever before and developed mood swings worse than ever. Didn’t help my severe cramps whatsoever. Didn’t gain weight (I think? I don’t weight myself). But overall made acne and mood swings worse"

Liv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I just started this pill about 3 weeks ago and am starting to have many negative symptoms now. I was on microgestin, had minor symptoms, so I switched to TriNessa which made me severely depressed within the first couple of days taking it. I started this pill and was not having these symptoms but have recently felt overly tired and depressed. I did not think it was possible to feel the emotional pain I was going through from Estarylla again but now that I am on TriNessa I am back where I was with Estarylla. I feel that I could cry any moment over anything and I overthink anything anyone does. Other than the depression, this pill has not shown any other bad symptoms, but I don’t know if I can handle this emotional stress anymore. I would not recommend starting this pill if you have anxiety already, as this had just made mine increasingly worse. I am hoping to stop this pill and am going to talk to my doctor over my uni break."

user100 (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Trinessa for about a month now. My acne isn’t as bad as it used to be but it’s made my period awful. My cramps are way way worse than they have ever been before."

Cbb123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I was recently prescribed Trinessa after using Tri Sprintec for years. I heard Trinessa was great for clearing up acne so I was really looking forward to seeing the results as I get occasional breakouts and cystic acne. I’ve been on Trinessa for a month now and it’s been HORRIBLE. I’ve been extremely emotional, my anxiety has been intense and the worst of all.. my acne is the WORST it’s ever been. I’m so ashamed of my face and am losing self confidence and it all started once I began taking this pill. I have contacted my doctor and they are putting me back on Tri Sprintec."

BrendaInsix (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been super happy with this. I’ve been taking it on and off in 2015-2016 and continuously since the summer of 2017. I’ve had no issues. My acne is gone (used to get inflamed, itchy pustules on my chin right/nose before my period) and I take the pill packs back to back to prevent my period. I do have a bit of breakthrough spotting/bleeding but overall it’s minimal. Overall I’m happy with it. This is the second generic I’ve taken in the Ortho TriCyclen family and that I liked."

Anonymous September 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on TriNessa for about 2.5 years. At first it was fine. I was having sex. Never got pregnant. My acne was minimal. No serious weight gain. My mood swings and depression however were through the roof. I felt like I was going insane. I thought I was bipolar. I went off it and I’ve been mostly fine. It’s a good birth control but the depression/anxiety/mood swings absolutely were not worth it to me."

Kb (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2018

For Acne "Good: my hormonal acne is MINIMAL which is amazing because it was bad and getting worse. Good: no pregnancies yet Bad: I’ve gained 50lbs in 9 months. My lifestyle hasn’t changed much because my average weight was around 165. I was 145lbs when I started and am now 210 lbs, a record high for me. Something has got to change so I’m meeting with my doctor."

Mermaid (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2018

"I’ve only been taking TriNessa for a short amount of time; things were okay for the first week, around the third week I’ve started experience stomach pain and discomfort. Been happening for awhile and I’m certainly not pleased with how I’m feeling, I will be going to my doctor to find more options I rather not deal with such discomfort."

BBrosas79 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on TriNessa for about a year now and it’s been the worst year of my life. At first my dr told me it would take a while for my body to get use to it so I didn’t stop taking it. I didn’t gain weight but I’m having trouble to lose weight. I go to the gym regularly and eat well. I’m a happy person yet now I have never felt so depressed, I randomly cry, I’m always sad, I find it hard to get out of bed and I’m always stressed. It’s about to ruin my relationship unless I get off of it. Any recommendations on what other birth control that won’t make me depressed?"

dd September 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Lessina birth control, but my acne got very bad and my doctor put me on TriNessa. My acne started clearing away immediately when I started. I get TERRIBLE mood swings and nausea. The nausea would hit me in the morning and last anywhere from a few minutes to hours. Sometimes the nausea is so bad I have to leave work. I've been diagnosed with moderate depression/anxiety since starting this medication. Overall, this birth control is OK. My periods are light and last anywhere from 4-6 days. Cramping is mild/moderate. I haven’t gained any weight being on this birth control and my skin looks great. After getting prescribed Sertraline I feel like it’s helped my mood swings/depression a lot."

Nikki (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2018

For Acne "I've been on Trinessa for 9 months let me just say I love it! I suffer from cystic acne and been struggling with it for many years and tried many different things to get rid of it natural and non-natural. This is the first time that my acne has cleared up 95% . It is wonderful for anyone with severe acne. During the first 3 months of taking it I did become very nauseous, light headed, and vomiting. After that smooth sailing :) the only thing that I can say bad about it is I have loss of appetite and lost about 10 lb in about 2 months. recommend this for anybody with severe acne! It works wonders and I haven't gotten pregnant yet so it works."

Danni (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I got on birth control for the very first time. I was on Trinessa. I got pregnant right away. I then had a miscarriage. I got back on Trinessa. Waited for about 3 months before having sexual relations. I'm pregnant again. I guess for me it just didn't work."

MyraJean (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Acne "I’ve been on this pill for exactly a month. It’s my first time ever being on birth control, so I didn’t really know what to expect BUT I’m very pleased with it so far! It’s helped my acne - which I’ve had since I was a sophomore in high school, I’m 21 now! Nothing I ever tried cleared it!! And trinessa has made it soooo much better in only a month. It’s also regulated my period. I do get nauseous and terrible mood swings but it’s not anything I can’t put up with. Some days are better than others, though lol. Overall very pleased with this birth control!! If you have acne and have had a hard time (like myself) trying to get rid of it - this is definitely the one!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been using this birth control since March 2018. I thought it was great. My periods were regulated only lasting 5 days. The only downside at the time, I was getting my periods in the middle of the pack. I just thought it was because it was new. As time went on I noticed my hair began to thin and become very brittle. I was bruising very easily and became tired all the time. Since August 1st I began my period and here we are now 4 weeks later and I still have it!! It is so heavy I am soaking a pad every hour. I have to wear a ultra super tampon and a pad but still leak through them. I have blood clots the size of golf balls. I have been to the ER and they said I'm bleeding because I'm anemic and I'm anemic because I am bleeding. My ob told me to take 2 of the pills a day until I stop bleeding. That was a week ago and my period is still as heavy and my clots have gotten worse. So now they are contemplating about doing surgery. I will never take this birth control ever again."

pleasemakeitstop (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Birth Control "First birth control I've ever tried and very pleased with it. Skin improved by about 90% and my awful cramps are virtually gone. Have not experienced any type of depression or anxiety. If anything I've had less because I'm less stressed out about my face and getting pregnant! May have slightly gained weight (around 10lbs) but I believe that is more because of changes with my exercise at this time. Side effects with birth control are highly variable. Don't be afraid to protect yourself!"

Anonymous August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Trinessa since I stopped breastfeeding my little one about 9 months ago. My periods have been heavier, and longer, and I’ve had stronger cramping than I did with my previous birth control. I’ve gained about 15 lbs since I started this medicine. I’m hungry all the time! And I get nauseous fairly regularly. Also, I’ve also been very depressed. I’ve always had a tendency to struggle with anxiety and depression, so I wrote it off to that, or maybe even postpartum, but I took some time off of this birth control and have came to realize that it may have been a big cause of my unhappiness lately. Going hand in hand with my depression, I’ve had no libido on this pill. Overall, the pill has done it’s main job because I’m not pregnant, but after the research I’ve done the negative side effects are going to cause me to change birth control."

B (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started taking Trinessa my skin began to break out and I began to have mood swings. After close to 2 months my skin cleared and was clear the remainder of my time taking the pill. I had to stop taking Trinessa because it caused EXTREME depression every time I got my period and made me very very emotional. I told my doctor and she told me to stop taking it immediately. Since stopping my skin is breaking out, I’ve had migraines and moderate cramping."

Lisa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2018

For Acne "I have been taking Trinessa on and off for 4 years. If you have severe acne, this will be the best thing for you. While taking Trinessa I have clear beautiful skin, however it does come with extreme nausea and I cry A LOT the week before my period but switching made me go from makeup free and blemish free face to severe acne all over my face in a matter of a month."

Des August 7, 2018

For Birth Control "THIS. PILL. ALMOST. RUINED. MY. LIFE. I managed to destroy countless relationships while on this pill - luckily, my mother (the only one willing to stick around when I became a sobbing, irritable and unbearable mess) told me to stop taking trinessa immediately. Within a matter of days my dark thoughts (which I was having for the first time in my life) disappeared. Although my friendships have been mended and my mental state is now back to normal - I am still dealing with the embarrassment and guilt I have over the way I acted. PLEASE, SPARE YOURSELF! I do not want anyone to experience what I went through."

Bluejeanbaby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Acne "So my dermatologist put me on Trinessa hormone birth control for my severe acne. I’ve officially been on it for a month although I have noticed some skin clearing 2 weeks in, I still get random breakouts on my cheeks and jawline. Along with that I’m definitely eating double than normal I feel I’ve gained like 8 pounds in this 1 month. I always want to cry lately, have crazy mood swings and sooo irritable. I started thinking maybe it’s the pill so that’s how I ended up on this site and you ladies confirmed what I thought"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I used trinessa for three years when I got married and it did the trick: didn't getting pregnant. However, immediately when I went off it to try and have a baby, I had a horrible cyst that ruptured. After going to the doctor, they said that it was due to going off of the birth control, and then cysts should only last a few months. It has been over a year now and I still get painful cysts every month which have contributed greatly to infertility. PLEASE consider your BC options before you take them."

hm_1994 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...