User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 13 reviews 169 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 301 reviews 6.4

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "I just finished my first month on this pill and so far so good. I was on Tarina fe 1/20 but it broke me out HORRIBLY so my doc switched me to trinessa. No weight gain, no stomach pains, no increase in acne AND no baby. Hopefully in a few months it'll clear my skin. A lot of ppl are saying this pill made them gain weight, I actually lost some & my boobs got a teeny bit fuller (not much tho). Without ins I pay $20 per pack at PP."

woonie12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking Tri Nessa in November and this is by far THE WORST PILL ever. During the first and second month of taking this pill I was super naseous and I experienced terrible ovulation pain if I did not take my pill at the exact time everyday. Currently, I have horrible mood swings, depression, and my skin is breaking out like crazy. The only thing this pill didn't do was gain weight. Going to my doctor next week to change my bc plan."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on trinessa for about a year and just got off it. While being on trinessa I noticed more a lot of mood swings and changes in my libido, all which started when I started on the pill. My period became a lot lighter and a lot shorter- usually only 2 days. I didn't gain weight or have issues with acne. Certain times of the month my breasts also seemed larger and tender. (Not 100% sure if it was just from it being a certain time of the month or the pill though) The only things I didn't like with this medicine is the mood swings, but again, I knew what to expect and when to expect it and when it was happening. That and remember to take them at the same time everyday."

Courtster (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm 19 and this is my first birth control pill and it has worked great!!! I've been on it for a little more than 4 months. Pros: • no pregnancies • didn't change my (mostly) clear skin • no missed periods • cramps are less painful • no side effects after first month • no change in sex drive (if anything it increased lmao) Cons: • on the FIRST MONTH I had nausea, decreased appetite, random cramps, increased anxiety (and I already have anxiety disorders) • period flow is still the same • period still lasts 4-5 days • random bloating (I don't mind it tbh) • my belly is a bit bigger ¿?"

AnonymousPRican (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for 4 days, but so far so good. My face has been clearing up, I haven't noticed any weight gain and haven't noticed any major changes in my mood. Before trinessa I tried minastrin and it was the worst experience of my life. I had to stop after day 4 because I had HORRIBLE mood swings/depression/anxiety to the point where I almost went to the hospital. The only complaint I have so far is that my stomach has been super weird and my period was the worst it's ever been. I started it the 1st day of my period and it was super heavy and full of blood clots and I had cramps for 3 days. Hoping my stomach issues stop and my mood doesn't change. I will update in a month or so"

TrinessaYo (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

For Birth Control "Had to stop 4 days in. Worst bloating ever! My clothes would fit me by the third day. It was so bad it took me 2 years before I considered any form of bc again."

1995apple95 January 3, 2017

For Birth Control "Horrible. Immediately after the first pill I became nauseated. Nausea stayed for while 2 months. Horrible pains at bottom of my stomach from this pill. Soon as I stopped taking it the nausea went away and the stomach pains. I will not ever use this again. Never ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

KnBtr (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Do not take this. DO NOT TAKE THIS. I'm 26 and weigh 135 lbs. I started taking Trinessa in July 2016 and one month later, I'm in the hospital coughing up blood with uncontrollable pain in my side. They did a CT and it came back that I had a blood clot in my left lung. They said my birth control caused it. I became so swollen in my legs just 2 days before the clot went into my lung. I'm a very healthy woman and this medication almost took my life. Please be careful. It's been 4 months and I'm still short of breath. 40% of my lung died because it wasn't getting oxygen. I'm on blood thinners twice a day. Don't think this can't happen to you. Estrogen thickens your blood. I'm just so thankful I didn't have a stroke."

Luckytobealive (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I started trinessa 5 months ago, for the second time. First when I was 20yrs old, it worked great. Now I'm 31, started again to prevent pregnancy and just feel pain on my breast, (around my nipples) also my sex live has decrease with my partner. My mood has also changed. I'm debating whether I should stop the pill or not."

Carolina321 December 26, 2016

For Acne "I have only been on Trinessa for 9 days and my skin is dramatically improving. I know that it may seem too early to tell but this is the best I've seen my skin in a loooong time. I have not changed my skin routine or diet, the only thing that has changed is getting on Trinessa. My only con is that I get abdominal cramps here and there."

Kat415 December 22, 2016

For Acne "Don't do it. I went on this birth control because I was sexual active and I wanted something that would also minimize my breakouts. I would typically get a pimple a month. Towards the last week of taking this pill my face broke out worse than it ever has. I had thousands of pimples. It was a mixture of small pimples which are called comedo and big cystic pimples along my jawline. I read reviews saying that you have to stay on the pills for at least three months then things will balance out. I took the pill for another month and things started to get even worse. I was so depressed and anxious. I stopped after my second pack and my face immediately started to improve. If you're not reacting well just stop don't wait. I'm now on lo Loestrin fe"

Deserves a zero rating (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

For Acne "I'm 39 and had moderate acne since youth. I was clear for years after having my kids but after my 39th BD it came back and I couldn't get control of it. I just started my 4th pack of Trinessa and it has been awesome. I noticed immediate improvement and after one week I was 90% clear. I have an occasional blackhead that has pushed it's way to the surface but that's it. 100% clear skin. I had some pretty bad bloating the first couple of days. And I was really worried about mood swings and depression because of the other reviews, since I have a lot going on in my life already. But I have had NONE of those nasty symptoms. My boobs have grow at least one cup size (bonus!) but I haven't had any significant weight gain or other issues. Try it!"

3girlzmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2016

For Acne "Before getting on this, I was experiencing severe acne after having tried a new skincare system & foundation. I didn't even know I was capable of having skin that bad. I was so embarrassed. I had never been on birth control before (I'm 21), but I was desperate. I had my doctor prescribe this to me. I would say for the first month or so, my acne got worse - especially around my chin area. I also had terrible mood swings and depression in the beginning, but I kept going and my skin started to get clearer. Then, right before starting my 5th pack, I broke out again. But it was like all the acne that had been underneath my skin came up and then disappeared. Now on month 6, I'm pretty much clear besides hyperpigmentation. Be patient!!!"

lll22 December 11, 2016

For Acne "Before going on this birth control I had mild acne. I wanted to go on birth control to clear up my skin but Trinessa did the total opposite for me. It made my skin ten times worse. I would wake up every morning with a new huge welt somewhere on my face and horrible pimples around my mouth and jawline. I continued using this birth control in hopes that it was just an initial break out and it would clear up (like everyone said it would) but after 6 months my skin was still horrible. The day after I stopped using Trinessa my skin cleared up almost instantly. I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. It is horrible. Even after being off of it for almost four months I still have scarring. Please find a different birth control!!"

countrygirll346 December 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I havent been on bc since I was 18 I'm on it now and I'm 29. I have stomach pain a lot I've been on it for 3 months so I'm hoping my body is still adjusting. Other than that cheap price and no other problems."

Sara12345678 November 28, 2016

For Acne "Started this pill as a form of BC and for acne. Only on my second cycle and I no longer get cystic acne and my other bumps are completely gone. A few whiteheads here and there, but nothing terrible. Only complain I have is that skipping periods can be tricky on TriNessa. If you're looking for primarily an acne-reducer, try this pill!! No complaints for its affect on my skin."

Viva9009 November 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on my 7th month now on this pill and it helps my adult acne at least 90%, I still get this occasional breakout before my period but it's very mild. I was very hesitant to try any birth control before because I'm very sensitive and I have tried some other ones before and I cannot even last over a week and I would get very sick like dizzy & the hot flashes. This pill have controlled my acne, my face used to be soo oily especially towards the end of the day and that experience totally stopped. I continue to stay active and control my intake like normal so I never gain weight, if ever I would gain a little weight that because I'm eating too much junk and not being disciplined. I think Trinessa changes my life a lot."

jeanx November 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking TriNessa for about 4-5 months now and it hasn't been too bad. It's the first birth control I've ever used. I never have had bad acne at all but the first month I was on it I had terrible acne but that's normal and now I'm seeing I get acne more the week before my period on this pill. Also the first month and a half I noticed I was getting depressed but that went away. I've had a severe decrease in my sex drive to the point where I usually don't even want to masturbate but it's kind of coming back 5 months later. I haven't tested out its effectiveness yet because of my low drive. Other than the low drive I don't really have any problems with it, but if I forget to take it I will get a headache until I take it."

Emmy723 November 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Ive been on the pill for 11 months. It did get rid of my cystic acne, but I always had little zits all month. I take the pill at night and for the first week it gives me bad nausea. I have headaches around my period. I have terrible mood swings. I have completely lost my sex drive. I like that my periods on 2 or 3 days, but I spot everyday half way through the pack. The pills not terrible but its not good for me."

clipperchic (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 3, 2016

For Acne "So I've had horrible acne since I was in middle school and starting junior year I decided I needed to get help. This really help acne wise -and my face has never been clearer, but I had horrible side effects. I got migraines for 2 weeks straight, I lost my appetite and I lost so much weight that people were asking if I was sick. Also being a teenage girl I don't need more drama then I already have but this pill sent me into depression I'm sad 90% of the time. But if you want this for acne I really recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2016

For Birth Control "okay well ever since I have started this bcp I have noticed a decrease in my sex drive and i have lost my appetite. I am losing weight which it's really good for me because I could dowith losing a few lbs. But tbh I don't see the point in a bcp if you don't even have a sex drive anymore. I am gonna continue with this pill but maybe change after this month is over.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this medicine four months ago, and I've had the worst experience so far. My skin has cleared up and I haven't gotten pregnant, but otherwise the side effects are NOT worth it. I've gained 12 pounds since I've started, and I'm a petite girl who's weight never fluctuates. My face has swollen up like a chipmunk to where I can hardly smile anymore. I'm constantly bloated and there's no way to fix it. My sex drive has drastically decreased. Sure it's great I haven't gotten pregnant, but feeling so fat and bloated and insecure that it makes me want to stay inside and hide - NOT worth it!!"

Dallas101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control did has done its purpose in preventing pregnancy, but my side effects are awful. In the year I have been on the pill, I have gained about 15 pounds and my diet is very healthy and I'm active. This made my acne worse, I have sleepless nights, and I constantly struggle with being down and not being happy. I have been waiting it out to see if this would shift back to normal, but it hasn't. This might work for someone else but it has not worked for me."

anon50534 October 4, 2016

For Acne "I have PCOS, and some of those symptoms include weight gain, hair loss, excess body/facial hair, irregular periods, and acne! I've always had acne. Not BAD acne, but enough that it bothered me. The kind of acne that hurts and lasts for weeks! I got put on TriNessa only 2 weeks ago and my face is CLEAR!! For the first time in my life and I'm 22. It was starting to get better within the first few days, MUCH better the first week, and now I'm only 2 weeks in and my acne is completely gone! Just a few little dark marks and a few acne scars on my cheeks but no actually pimples. I'm so relieved because you always hear horror stories about woman starting birth control and their acne getting so much worse before it got better.. but it didn't! YAY!!"

aprilerin September 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on trinessa for about 10 months. I will say that as far as birth control goes it's pretty effective. My periods were basically 3ish days long and were super light AND most importantly I never got pregnant!! That being said I was extremely moody and went through a pretty bad depression. After reading some reviews I now realize that there are plenty of women who have had similar experiences. I've been off of trinessa for about a month now and my mood has had a drastic improvement. Now on to looking for a new birth control."

Pantalones (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2016