User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 14 reviews 169 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 330 reviews 6.3

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "Trinessa was great at first! I have always had pretty good skin and it has not altered that. I did not gain weight and my period was lighter. Unfortunately, I experienced a lot more cons than pros. First, I noticed that I was unable to control my blood pressure. It was to the point where I almost needed pills for my blood pressure and I have never had problem previously. Aside from the blood pressure I was over emotional. I'm a very outgoing person but I found it hard to be around others these past few months because I was annoying! I cried about everything. I was supremely jealous if my friends hung out without me, and I'm never like that. I would get sad in the middle of the day or night with no explanation. I feel a tremendous change after stopping"

ZayJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched from Vestura (generic Yaz) to this due to sudden breakthrough bleeding, which only begun years after I started Vestura. I went to my doctor to nip the situation in the bud and she told me she hates prescribing any form of Yaz/Yazmin to her patients anymore because it comes with so many warnings / side effects. Trinessa has been awesome so far - little to no PMS (aside from some bloating, but no birth control can seem to alleviate that for me) and it has worked wonders on my hormonal acne-prone skin - I've not had a break out of any kind since I started a couple months ago. Best of all, no weird breakthrough bleeding. I've also noticed that I'm far less lethargic and foggy on this birth control compared to Yaz. I'm pleased!"

88mal88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been taking TriNessa for about 3 years now, and I was prescribed Trinessa because I had a long history of moderate to severe acne. With my experience every new method of treating acne usually makes your skin worse before it gets better. For those quitting after a few months, I know the pain I've been there. But it took a solid 6 months to year before it worked for my acne. At 6 months my skin started to gradually clear, and after a whole year, I had 99% clear skin. It's been a miracle for me. You just have to be patient. If you are willing to wait that long, it's worth it. I wonder that if you've never had a history of moderate to severe acne, Trinessa might not be the best bc option."

ClearSkinSeeker (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I requested Ortho tri cyclen but my pharmacy gave me this since my insurance did not cover ortho tri cyclen. Anyway I went ahead and took this. It works as a contraceptive perfectly but this caused me horrible acne like I've never experienced in my life. Seriously, at first it was small bumps on my cheek but within an week they bursted into very irritated, red, sore, itchy pimples. I had only ever had like 2 pimples at a time on my face but this medication made me have more than 20 on one cheek and more than 30 on the other.. This pill obviously didn't work out for me. It may help for others in regards to acne but my experience was so bad I finished my 3rd months pack and stopped taking it."

abreeze210 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I started taking this for acne in high school. The first 2 months, my acne got worse, then after that it totally cleared up. I was so much more confident. I now take it as birth control. Over the past 4 months, I have noticed that I have been was more moody. I will cry over anything and get mad over the smallest things. I'm also always really tired. I did go to my doctor and she asked if I was okay on trinessa because lots of women have really bad mood swings while on it. I was okay then but it definitely has gotten way worse and I'm thinking about switching."

A2yrs April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "It's been really good still I stopped taking the birth control pill I got acne again, my period was late by 10 days and it lasted for 3 days only. I'm going to see a gyno again soon because I'm worry"

Unicorn_1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking Trinessa for about two months now and have had zero issues. The first couple weeks I had slight nausea and mood swings, nothing crazy, probably my body getting used to it. I haven't gained any weight (but I am a college athlete so I do exercise quite a bit). I have noticed my hunger is more often than before but I just snack a little to relieve it. I watch what I eat so I don't gain weight. All in all everything's been perfect no complaints."

Running girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on TriNessa for 3 months. My insurance no longer covers Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and I've been told this is the closest generic to Tri Cyclen Lo. It's been terrible. I've been emotional, sad and irritable. I have highs and lows throughout the day. I've had very depressing thoughts. I have cramps the first day of my menstrual cycle for the first time in my life and I'm 32 years old. I spot between periods. I now have acne so I am going to the dermatologist to get a prescription for that. Everyone says to give it more time. That because I was on Ortho for almost 20 years, it will be an adjustment. They tell me that TriNessa is forgiving and my body will come around. I don't know what I'll do..."

BuffingButtons April 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for about a year now my doctor prescribed it for me since I hadn't had my period for a year because I was on the depo shot and gained so much weight from the shot! But ever since I've been on trinessa my period is usually on time and is usually short about 3-5 days, don't really bleed much. I sometimes have mood swings, getting sad randomly but that's about it. I recommend it to anyone!"

Ashlizzle (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "So far, I have had a lot of my acne clear up but I have also been using tea tree (which I was using before I broke out and decided to get on Birth Control) so I think it has helped there. I will say that after the first week, I have been bleeding ever since so I am thinking I will give this Trinessa Lo 3 months to figure itself out and if my skin isn't better I am going to let it go."

Beaux!1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have had horrible cystic acne since I was 18, which gets worse around my period. I've tried so many different birth controls and gone to the dermatologist so many times with no luck. This stuff changed the game for me. I rarely get cystic acne anymore, and my skin just looks so much better and healthier. I used to never leave the house without makeup, and now I don't even give it a second thought! I am so grateful for this medication. My periods are also normal and fairly light. I never have cramps during my period anymore! If you have acne problems and want to regulate your period, definitely try this first."

Emily l (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had been on Ortho-Tri cyclen for over ten years which worked great for me. I lost my insurance 2 years ago & my Dr put me on Trinessa. I have always had bad acne even in my 30's & on Ortho. Trinessa has totally cleared up my face!!! I feel so attractive now! I do have depression & am on medication for that. I have not had any bad side effects from Trinessa. The only thing (which is minor to me) is that I sometimes spot a tiny bit in between periods but not every month. My boobs also become tender during my period but they haven't grown :( Overall, I LOVE Trinessa!!!"

Dragonfly08! April 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I'm so mad I started taking this I used to have perfect skin now my forehead is broke out and nothing seems to be working to clear it up . Needless to say I have stopped taking it I only was taking it for 3 weeks and the constant bleeding and acne I just had to stop I would not recommend this."

So mad April 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "about to start my 4th month on this pill. mainly went on this pill for acne but not much improvement. Especially around the week of my period, all hell breaks loose. thankfully the period itself only lasts 3-4 days now and its fairly light. no weight gain, slight increase in breast size, no stomach pains, no hair loss. I am pretty emtional now tho, I cry at every sad video I see and every little thing seems to set me off. also, whenever I lay down, my left arm and leg goes slightly numb"

qwejioudsf4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking Trinessa-Lo pills for about 5 months now. So far in the past 5 months I had experienced the random nausea in the beginning, irregular spotting (which still happened to me last month), and I felt a bit more emotional. HOWEVER, this past week, I got my first ever panic attack and anxiety which I've never felt before and it's horrible. I do have a heavy stress filled workload as I'm a grad student, but have never felt like this. I've also noticed a decreased tolerance to wearing my contact lens, it's like there's sand in my eyes right when I put them in! I guess the only pros of the pills are that they kept my skin pimple free, periods light & short.going to get off the pills soon and see if it helps. Will try to update"

B-blocker March 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got a prescription for trinessa about 5 months ago, mostly just to help with my acne, and so far so good. My breakouts last a shorter amount of time and are smaller in size. My period has also gotten shorter and lighter and I hardly get cramps at all. The only drawback is that in the first 2-3 months or so I would get dizzy, slight headaches, and a little more fatigued than usual. Other than that this pill works great. My acne hasn't completely gone away, but it does help."

y0wza (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have nothing but good reviews for this birth control! I was terrified of taking it because of the horrible reviews that I read before but I got on three weeks ago and haven't had any horrible side effects or any sides effects at all thank goodness. Only thing is my boobs feel bigger and fuller which is a plus and my acne is subsiding. Other than that, I love this birth control and will continue to take it!"

Gabriella K. March 14, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have taken this for 5 years. I have no symptoms at all with this pill. I have tried two others before I started Tri Nessa and had terrible side effects. This pill has been great with no migraines or weight gain."

itsmeguys (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "For anyone who has any trouble with anxiety or depression, I HIGHLY suggest you do not try this birth control. I have been on this pill for about a week now and increasingly over the past 5 days I have been nauseated at night and SEVERELY depressed and I mean severely. Crying constantly, overthinking, irritable, mood swings, anxious to no end. I am absolutely without a doubt getting off of this medicine, I am a nursing student who has many responsibilities and cannot deal with having no motivation to do homework. Please try your best to avoid this medication at all costs."

Courtneylynn2029872 March 5, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been on BC for about a month and I have horrible acne on my jawline and forehead that doesn't go away for a while. I have bad mood swings and easily irritated and angry since I've started."

taylorw February 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This medication definitely reacts differently for everyone. This is my ninth birth control I've been on in my life. I used to get cystic acne terribly on my face and every birth control has had a different side effect for me. This one has been pretty bad. I no longer have terrible cystic acne on my face, but now it has appeared all over my back. Also, if you are taking depression medication, I really don't recommend. This has absolutely made me more depressed and I've also gained a lot of weight after almost 3 months of it. I think the pill makes me need to emotional eat."

Livmich February 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill for about 3 weeks now and I recently started getting some side effects. My breasts are really sore (hurting) and they feel really tender. I feel bloated and I even look bloated. I also noticed I get really nauseated at night. Also my contact lenses just recently started bothering me. They are getting dry and they feel like I have something in my eyes but I don't. My face has cleared up though! I just really hope these bad side effects don't last too long cause it really sucks and my body doesn't feel the same! :("

Sarah Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking TriNessa for YEARS! I believe I started this pill at 17-18 and I'm now 30. I do notice some of the symptoms mentioned (bloating and emotional) however I don't expect the pill to fix that as it's part of menstruation. The week before the placebo pills I get emotional and super bloated but that goes away after my cycle. I would suggest this pill as it's the best one yet for me."

Erika B (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have taken Yasmine and the patch before and had to stop at 2 weeks because I immediately started experiencing side effects such as weight gain, nausea, vomiting, depression, decreased sex drive. In addition wearing the patch, gave me back pain and lots of soreness at the patch site. The IUD came out, after my uterus kept contracting (total failure). I recently started taking TriNessa (started 1st Sunday of my period @8pm every night) and this is my 5th day. So far I am only feeling very mild nausea. I have noticed I feel more energetic than before so I am wondering if this might be actually balancing my hormones, I been having irregular periods (2xmonth). I will update to see if it helps with my irregular periods and of more side effects."

Jramos86 February 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on TriNessa for about six months now. I used to take microgestin but I was getting two periods a month so my doctor switched me to this one. The first month or two my face broke out horribly, honestly I was debating getting my doctor to switch me to another one. With some time, I'm guessing my body got used to the hormones and now my face is super clear, we're talking I maybe get a pimple around my period but that's it. I now only get my period once a month, honestly this is a blessing because pads and tampons are expensive. The only thing is that it didn't really do much for alleviating cramps or the flow of my period. I still get it for roughly the entire time I'm on the inactive week."

sabrinaherex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017