User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 11 reviews 162 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 267 reviews 6.5

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "I went back on birth control hoping to alleviate some of my acne (I'm 26) and the first month of being on Trinessa was terrible – headaches, nausea, heartburn – and now that I'm nearing the end of the second month I'm experiencing weight gain all over – I can't fit into my bras, my waist is thicker, etc. and the acne is still present, although slightly better. I'm calling my doctor to see about switching brands."

Lou26 July 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-Cyclen before I moved and lost health insurance. Immediately after losing health insurance, my doctor moved me to Trinessa, the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, without consenting me. I liked Ortho TCLo because I had no side effects and it cleared my adult acne. I cannot stand Trinessa. Although my acne is still clear, my mood swings are unpredictable and heavy. I am normally a strong and reliable person. I am constantly dealing with jaded, cynical thoughts, oversleeping and utter lack of positivism. I will be switching back to Ortho TCLo even though the costs are astronomical without health insurance."

Anon_2016 July 19, 2016

For Acne "So, I am only within my first month and this is SCARY. I have always had bad acne, but within this first month it has made it worse. The kind of cystic acne I get now, I cannot get rid of as soon as I used to be able to. Most pimples would go away for about a week and these have lasted for a month almost. I am also starting to take tretinoin and doxycycline in addition to the birth control because I feel so hopeless. Please, someone tell me this is supposed to happen? You know? Worse before better? Thanks."

TylerR123 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I have only been on trinessa for 2 months now and Its really nice. I have never really had much in the way of acne but with this I never even get a pimple. My periods are 3-4 days, pretty light with no cramps. The first couple weeks I completely lost an appetite and lost a couple pounds but now I'm back to normal. No complaints!!"

Megan1996 July 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't had any of the horrible side effects alot of people wrote about on here. I have almost finished the light blue pills. The only problem I had was a slight discomfort in the bottom of my belly the first couple days. I haven't had any breakouts but I got a cyst on my forehead the first week. I left it alone and it went away. I haven't had any nausea. I take the pill at breakfast with eggs and toast or sometimes just peanutbutter toast. So for anyone who is scared about taking birth control now please realize most people who review drugs have something negative to say. Don't be afraid to protect yourself."

Forever_young2016 July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Well I haven't gotten pregnant, so I guess it's probably doing what it should. But since being on the drug, I have restless nights where I wake up constantly feeling naesous. Sometimes it'll be at 4 AM and then I just can't get back to sleep after it. As for my acne, it seemed to clear up a bit at first but right around the time my period is starting, it gets horrible again. I don't like it at all."

libby567 July 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Nausea, migraines, upset stomach. In general I'm very unhappy. Living in hell. Nine pills to go before placebo and I will continue just because don't want to get pregnant."

Chellange (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

For Acne "No problems with effectiveness of the contraceptive in terms of pregnancy. However, I broke out all over my face with acne for the first time in my life and I'm 23. I've also had heightened feelings of depression and anxiety that I've never experienced before since taking Trinessa Lo."

Anonymous June 27, 2016

For Acne "I started TriNessa Lo almost 2 months ago because I want to clear my acne. During the first month I didn't see any improvement. In fact I think that it even got worse. During the second month my face started clearing up. I am experiencing some side effects but I plan to continue to stay on the pill, hoping that my body will get used to it, and the side effects will fade away. My period was very light, and I experienced less cramping than before taking the pill. Some side effects: I feel depressed during the first week (while I'm on the white pills), and then this goes away, then my breasts get HUGE and hurt a lot. I can not stand moving without wearing bras. The tenderness and pain are awful."

Dess Farro (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken this pill for 11 years. I got on it after the birth of my first son on 2005. I have had no problems and I like that my cycles are light and last for only 4 days. I got off the pill in 2008 for a planned pregnancy. I got pregnant right away had my second son in 2009 and went right back on this pill and have had no problems at all. I am hoping to have another successful planned pregnancy so I am currently off the pill but I plan on going back on them. I am completely satisfied."

misslady82 (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2016

For Acne "I rated this Trinessa Low with five stars because this is my first month on the medication. When taking the pill I did not experience any mood swings, dizziness, or sickness. I felt great...the ok only problem was that my face broke out like a pizza! I was on the shot 6 months prior to the pill and had very minimal acne. I'm hoping that if I stick with it, the acne will subside and I will be happy with the overall results!"

Shimah (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched to Trinessa 28's last week of April and I am very content! After the birth of my child in December I tried the shot and it was the worst ever...I lost tons of hair and constantly bled almost the whole 3 months, mood swings, and the list goes on...Well first week of Trinessa I did get some headaches and a bit of nausea but nothing I couldn't tolerate. I do take them at night before bed, which in my opinion is the best time! Within the first month my mood swings were gone, noticed hair growth and reduction in hair loss, first period was only 4 days and not too heavy but maybe 2nd day only. For me Trinessa is wonderful and has worked wonders! And also no copay covered at 100% with my insurance!"

kdmej (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Doc prescribed ortho-tri lo but my insurance paid for this alternative. After 2 weeks of taking this pill, I've had cramps and spotting every day and feel very bloated and irritable. I have a call into my doctor asking if I should see it through and hope things improve or just stop and get this out of my system. Frustrating."

cew18 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 2 1/2 months and compared to my previous prescription (which I had no period, just spotting at the end of the month) this is horrible. The only time i don't bleed is during the first week of pills. Then it's light bleeding the second week and gets heavier with each week's pill. I can see how it's good for birth control. Who's going to have sex when they're bleeding all the time?"

Breonna J (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

For Birth Control "This works wonders with my acne, but it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. Nausea and vomiting the first couple months but only on occasion. Abnormal bleeding began and continued for almost three months, discontinued and started taking it again, and now I have bled for a month..."

knd14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for a month started my second month, and almost finished with week one. So far my cramps have still been horrible, and my acne has worsen since I've been on the pill. Hoping for changes the third month!"

Sadie0111 June 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Trinessa by my doctor in September of 2015 and have been taking it ever since. This is the only form of birth control that I have been on, which is why I gave it 9/10. It works very well. Prior to taking Trinessa, I had some acne but ever since, I have clear skin and rarely ever get a pimple. I had one minor headache when I first began taking this medicine but have not had one since. Make sure that you eat before or immediately after taking the pill, otherwise you will feel nauseous. My periods are much lighter and cramps are almost nonexistent. I definitely recommend this as a birth control."

Lil A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I started Trinessa a month and a half ago after being on Ortho Tri cyclen Lo for a year. So far it's been great with helping my painful periods, clearing up acne, and preventing pregnancy. The only complaint I have is the slight nausea every now and then along with feeling fatigued, I assume this should go away the more I use it so right now it's a waiting game. Other than that I like it."

flyhi23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I have little to no acne thanks to these. The only problem I face is bloating"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Bad nausea, depression, anxiety, swollen face, and INSANE mood swings. I honestly feel like this birth control is ruining my life and I haven't even completed an entire month."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for a month and a half. At first it made me nauseous everyday but just in the mornings. I take the pill at dinner time. The nausea has gone away the second month. It seemed like my boobs did get fuller. But my mood swings were bad! First month I felt like I hated everyone especially my fiancé. Felt more depressed then usual and wanted to cry a lot. I knew I was being moody and stuck with pill another month to see if my mood leveled out. So far in my second month I am still extra sensitive and cry easily."

Annie-girl May 7, 2016

For Birth Control "sore extremely sore nipples moody tired so tired"

shananana May 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Ever since I got on Trinessa, horrible experience by far! I'm nauseated all the time even with a meal, even changed times to see if that would help. Nothing worked. and I have anxiety, that went up so much ever since I've being taking Trinessa. I don't feel motivated to do anything. I just don't feel myself. I'm officially tossing this out I have 6 more pills left not worth it!!!"

Merrily1234 April 26, 2016

For Birth Control "My insurance changed my prescription from OTC Lo to TriNessa. TriNessa is effective in the sense that it has prevented unwanted pregnancy, however, for the last four months I have been on this medication, I have been feeling bloated and nauseous every single day. For the first two months, I would take pregnancy tests because I thought I was pregnant. I have changed the time I take this medicine from early morning to taking it at night before bed; I make sure I don't take it on an empty stomach. Nothing I have done seem to alleviate this problem. This has not help the situation in the bed room. I have this medication change to OTC Lo and just paid the high copayments monthly."

Nauseous All the Time (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on TriNessa for a year and a half now. It's prevented pregnancy, made my boobs bigger, and made my periods more regular and lighter. However, I have been severely depressed and anxious. I never realized it that it was because of TriNessa due to the fact that I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for 7 years now. However, ever since I started I have been so anxious that, at one point, I was border-line anorexic from being nauseous with no appetite, I've had severe sleep disorders that have stemmed from the anxiety and depression, and I've had serious thoughts of suicide on multiple occasions. DO NOT take TriNessa if you have a history of anxiety or depression!!!"

Kat Michele April 23, 2016