User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne 73 reviews 504 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 344 reviews 6.2

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "Hey everyone. So I have been taking birth control for the last 8 years for my period. I was having a period every two weeks so I was put on the pill when I was 13. I am 21 years old now. I got put on Tri-nessa about two years ago. I don't remember the name of my birth control before then. But it worked so well for me, cleared my acne, easy periods, no problems....until last week. I got admitted into the hospital on Friday for a blood clot in my left lung. I have no family history of clots and I don't smoke so they ruled it that it was the birth control. I wanted people to know to be careful. Because I'm so young to have something like this happen. So please take with caution. It's a very slim chance but it happened to me."

Najdndufbfh August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using trinessa for 2 months now and my acne is almost completely nonexistent. I do get a couple zits around my period but other than that I'm cleared up. Only downside is that I start spotting a week before my period but I also haven't been taking for 3 months yet so I may stop spotting early. Other than that I don't have any noticeable symptoms and my periods are much more manageable, I used to have horrid cramps but not anymore!"

roraaa (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I absolutely love trinessa!!!! I am a 25 year old woman with no kids with previous issues of no period/late period/long period/breakouts all the time & constant bloating almost all the time. Trinessa has cleared my bloating, my acne, and my periods!!!! I absolutely love it!!! But I do remember at first it was the hell, I would have headaches and I would feel like I need to throw up "

C.ram15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started Trinessa because I had horrible cramps to the point where I would lay on the bathroom floor for days, and my doctor said that it would fix this. Although it lessened this symptom somewhat, I have had insane mood swings, depression, and nausea. Crying for no reason with depressing thoughts for 10-14 days is not worth a little less stomach pain every month. I'm going to try to switch brands soon."

:) (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched to this birth control after being on the same one for 7 years. I changed because my other one was giving me extreme headaches when I went to the sugar pill. Trinessa has given me horrible breakouts and I've always had really good skin. The main reason I will be switching is because of my horrible mood swings. I am annoyed and irate 24/7. It's horrible. I'm going to go back to higher dosage of pills to get my hormones under control."

Emma R August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was on the mini pill for about a year and really didn't mind it at all. However I was weaning my baby and had some breaking out so wanting to try the regular pill instead as recommended by my doctor. One month in and so far it is TERRIBLE. I get terrible cramps now, nausea all day, headaches and my emotions are out of wack! I already have slight depression and anxiety, this pill made it SO much worse. My acne is the worst it's been since I first had my daughter especially around my jawline. I am going to give it two more packs and then switch to something else."

Jessilynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for about 5 or 6 months. I've gotten extreme head aches and mood swings. I've never had a panic or anxiety attack before and every month I've been having terrible panic attacks. I also experience really bad bloating. I will be switching off of this pill!"

Megs.M July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Just finished my 3rd month, and I have not experienced any side effects besides a tiny bit of weight gain. It cleared up most of my moderate acne. Do not be discouraged by the dozens of terrible reviews, I felt the same way before trying it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started taking this to avoid getting pregnant. First two weeks I had horrible headaches which would turn into migraines. I also started breaking out in acne everywhere. I have not had been skin since high school, but now its all over my face, chest, and back. Nothing helps to get rid of it. I drink plenty of water use the usual creams and soaps and still have acne in exactly the same places for the past month. Only plus is that my period is very light and only lasts four days."

Rhina Rae June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wanted to share my review with trinessa. I came here to read some reviews about 5 months ago or so I was scared to try this birth control my insurance made me switch from OrthoTriCyclenLo (after over 5 years). First month I immediately started breaking out like crazy and it only worsened as the time went by. By the third month I did not want to go out and show my face it was awful. But I did not want to give up on this birth control it should be almost indentical to ortho right so why wouldnt it work for me. I almost gave up on it until the fourth month my skin started to clear up. The redness is now completely gone my skin is soft glowing I am going into my 5th month now my skin feels amazing. I would suggest to give it some time."

OliviaAce June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Beware of this medication! I have never had so much bleeding in my life. I had to go to the ER because of it. I developed many blood clots and have never been so scared. I recommend another brand of birth control. Any birth control that has a history with giving women blood clots don't take it. Do your research, because you can get blood clots in other places too. I'm getting off it today."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this birth control for quite a while now, and it's made me very depressed. Especially when I'm alone and not doing anything I feel very sad and depressed. And every other month or so I'm bleeding abnormally. Though I don't have a period every month, I shouldn't be bleeding all the time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been on this pill for about 7 months-ish now. I went on it because condoms were too irritating for me and also because I had pretty bad acne. As a birthcontrol its great, my period is regular now for the first time in 24 years. Acne wise, its okay, my skin is MUCH better than before but its not 100% clear yet. I still break out here and there which I'm ok with, after struggling with severe acne for the past 13 years, 3-4 pimples a week is a walk in the park. After going on this pill I noticed I'm very emotional. I get upset very easily, I cry at sad videos, customers annoy the hell out of me, but I don't mind it too much. As far as side effects go they're all pretty mild and not as bad as I was expecting"

ytr6546 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I first started this birth control two years ago when I became sexually active. Children are not in my near future. Trinessa has been nothing but good for me! No bad side effects at all. I am a healthy 19 year old female and would recommend this drug to any woman who is looking to protect themselves."

Emily C. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Trinessa was great at first! I have always had pretty good skin and it has not altered that. I did not gain weight and my period was lighter. Unfortunately, I experienced a lot more cons than pros. First, I noticed that I was unable to control my blood pressure. It was to the point where I almost needed pills for my blood pressure and I have never had problem previously. Aside from the blood pressure I was over emotional. I'm a very outgoing person but I found it hard to be around others these past few months because I was annoying! I cried about everything. I was supremely jealous if my friends hung out without me, and I'm never like that. I would get sad in the middle of the day or night with no explanation. I feel a tremendous change after stopping"

ZayJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched from Vestura (generic Yaz) to this due to sudden breakthrough bleeding, which only begun years after I started Vestura. I went to my doctor to nip the situation in the bud and she told me she hates prescribing any form of Yaz/Yazmin to her patients anymore because it comes with so many warnings / side effects. Trinessa has been awesome so far - little to no PMS (aside from some bloating, but no birth control can seem to alleviate that for me) and it has worked wonders on my hormonal acne-prone skin - I've not had a break out of any kind since I started a couple months ago. Best of all, no weird breakthrough bleeding. I've also noticed that I'm far less lethargic and foggy on this birth control compared to Yaz. I'm pleased!"

88mal88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been taking TriNessa for about 3 years now, and I was prescribed Trinessa because I had a long history of moderate to severe acne. With my experience every new method of treating acne usually makes your skin worse before it gets better. For those quitting after a few months, I know the pain I've been there. But it took a solid 6 months to year before it worked for my acne. At 6 months my skin started to gradually clear, and after a whole year, I had 99% clear skin. It's been a miracle for me. You just have to be patient. If you are willing to wait that long, it's worth it. I wonder that if you've never had a history of moderate to severe acne, Trinessa might not be the best bc option."

ClearSkinSeeker (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I requested Ortho tri cyclen but my pharmacy gave me this since my insurance did not cover ortho tri cyclen. Anyway I went ahead and took this. It works as a contraceptive perfectly but this caused me horrible acne like I've never experienced in my life. Seriously, at first it was small bumps on my cheek but within an week they bursted into very irritated, red, sore, itchy pimples. I had only ever had like 2 pimples at a time on my face but this medication made me have more than 20 on one cheek and more than 30 on the other.. This pill obviously didn't work out for me. It may help for others in regards to acne but my experience was so bad I finished my 3rd months pack and stopped taking it."

abreeze210 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started taking this for acne in high school. The first 2 months, my acne got worse, then after that it totally cleared up. I was so much more confident. I now take it as birth control. Over the past 4 months, I have noticed that I have been was more moody. I will cry over anything and get mad over the smallest things. I'm also always really tired. I did go to my doctor and she asked if I was okay on trinessa because lots of women have really bad mood swings while on it. I was okay then but it definitely has gotten way worse and I'm thinking about switching."

A2yrs April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It's been really good still I stopped taking the birth control pill I got acne again, my period was late by 10 days and it lasted for 3 days only. I'm going to see a gyno again soon because I'm worry"

Unicorn_1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Trinessa for about two months now and have had zero issues. The first couple weeks I had slight nausea and mood swings, nothing crazy, probably my body getting used to it. I haven't gained any weight (but I am a college athlete so I do exercise quite a bit). I have noticed my hunger is more often than before but I just snack a little to relieve it. I watch what I eat so I don't gain weight. All in all everything's been perfect no complaints."

Running girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on TriNessa for 3 months. My insurance no longer covers Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and I've been told this is the closest generic to Tri Cyclen Lo. It's been terrible. I've been emotional, sad and irritable. I have highs and lows throughout the day. I've had very depressing thoughts. I have cramps the first day of my menstrual cycle for the first time in my life and I'm 32 years old. I spot between periods. I now have acne so I am going to the dermatologist to get a prescription for that. Everyone says to give it more time. That because I was on Ortho for almost 20 years, it will be an adjustment. They tell me that TriNessa is forgiving and my body will come around. I don't know what I'll do..."

BuffingButtons April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for about a year now my doctor prescribed it for me since I hadn't had my period for a year because I was on the depo shot and gained so much weight from the shot! But ever since I've been on trinessa my period is usually on time and is usually short about 3-5 days, don't really bleed much. I sometimes have mood swings, getting sad randomly but that's about it. I recommend it to anyone!"

Ashlizzle (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So far, I have had a lot of my acne clear up but I have also been using tea tree (which I was using before I broke out and decided to get on Birth Control) so I think it has helped there. I will say that after the first week, I have been bleeding ever since so I am thinking I will give this Trinessa Lo 3 months to figure itself out and if my skin isn't better I am going to let it go."

Beaux!1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have had horrible cystic acne since I was 18, which gets worse around my period. I've tried so many different birth controls and gone to the dermatologist so many times with no luck. This stuff changed the game for me. I rarely get cystic acne anymore, and my skin just looks so much better and healthier. I used to never leave the house without makeup, and now I don't even give it a second thought! I am so grateful for this medication. My periods are also normal and fairly light. I never have cramps during my period anymore! If you have acne problems and want to regulate your period, definitely try this first."

Emily l (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2017