User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 14 reviews 169 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 317 reviews 6.3

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "about to start my 4th month on this pill. mainly went on this pill for acne but not much improvement. Especially around the week of my period, all hell breaks loose. thankfully the period itself only lasts 3-4 days now and its fairly light. no weight gain, slight increase in breast size, no stomach pains, no hair loss. I am pretty emtional now tho, I cry at every sad video I see and every little thing seems to set me off. also, whenever I lay down, my left arm and leg goes slightly numb"

qwejioudsf4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking Trinessa-Lo pills for about 5 months now. So far in the past 5 months I had experienced the random nausea in the beginning, irregular spotting (which still happened to me last month), and I felt a bit more emotional. HOWEVER, this past week, I got my first ever panic attack and anxiety which I've never felt before and it's horrible. I do have a heavy stress filled workload as I'm a grad student, but have never felt like this. I've also noticed a decreased tolerance to wearing my contact lens, it's like there's sand in my eyes right when I put them in! I guess the only pros of the pills are that they kept my skin pimple free, periods light & short.going to get off the pills soon and see if it helps. Will try to update"

B-blocker March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got a prescription for trinessa about 5 months ago, mostly just to help with my acne, and so far so good. My breakouts last a shorter amount of time and are smaller in size. My period has also gotten shorter and lighter and I hardly get cramps at all. The only drawback is that in the first 2-3 months or so I would get dizzy, slight headaches, and a little more fatigued than usual. Other than that this pill works great. My acne hasn't completely gone away, but it does help."

y0wza (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have nothing but good reviews for this birth control! I was terrified of taking it because of the horrible reviews that I read before but I got on three weeks ago and haven't had any horrible side effects or any sides effects at all thank goodness. Only thing is my boobs feel bigger and fuller which is a plus and my acne is subsiding. Other than that, I love this birth control and will continue to take it!"

Gabriella K. March 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have taken this for 5 years. I have no symptoms at all with this pill. I have tried two others before I started Tri Nessa and had terrible side effects. This pill has been great with no migraines or weight gain."

itsmeguys (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "For anyone who has any trouble with anxiety or depression, I HIGHLY suggest you do not try this birth control. I have been on this pill for about a week now and increasingly over the past 5 days I have been nauseated at night and SEVERELY depressed and I mean severely. Crying constantly, overthinking, irritable, mood swings, anxious to no end. I am absolutely without a doubt getting off of this medicine, I am a nursing student who has many responsibilities and cannot deal with having no motivation to do homework. Please try your best to avoid this medication at all costs."

Courtneylynn2029872 March 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been on BC for about a month and I have horrible acne on my jawline and forehead that doesn't go away for a while. I have bad mood swings and easily irritated and angry since I've started."

taylorw February 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This medication definitely reacts differently for everyone. This is my ninth birth control I've been on in my life. I used to get cystic acne terribly on my face and every birth control has had a different side effect for me. This one has been pretty bad. I no longer have terrible cystic acne on my face, but now it has appeared all over my back. Also, if you are taking depression medication, I really don't recommend. This has absolutely made me more depressed and I've also gained a lot of weight after almost 3 months of it. I think the pill makes me need to emotional eat."

Livmich February 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill for about 3 weeks now and I recently started getting some side effects. My breasts are really sore (hurting) and they feel really tender. I feel bloated and I even look bloated. I also noticed I get really nauseated at night. Also my contact lenses just recently started bothering me. They are getting dry and they feel like I have something in my eyes but I don't. My face has cleared up though! I just really hope these bad side effects don't last too long cause it really sucks and my body doesn't feel the same! :("

Sarah Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking TriNessa for YEARS! I believe I started this pill at 17-18 and I'm now 30. I do notice some of the symptoms mentioned (bloating and emotional) however I don't expect the pill to fix that as it's part of menstruation. The week before the placebo pills I get emotional and super bloated but that goes away after my cycle. I would suggest this pill as it's the best one yet for me."

Erika B (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have taken Yasmine and the patch before and had to stop at 2 weeks because I immediately started experiencing side effects such as weight gain, nausea, vomiting, depression, decreased sex drive. In addition wearing the patch, gave me back pain and lots of soreness at the patch site. The IUD came out, after my uterus kept contracting (total failure). I recently started taking TriNessa (started 1st Sunday of my period @8pm every night) and this is my 5th day. So far I am only feeling very mild nausea. I have noticed I feel more energetic than before so I am wondering if this might be actually balancing my hormones, I been having irregular periods (2xmonth). I will update to see if it helps with my irregular periods and of more side effects."

Jramos86 February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on TriNessa for about six months now. I used to take microgestin but I was getting two periods a month so my doctor switched me to this one. The first month or two my face broke out horribly, honestly I was debating getting my doctor to switch me to another one. With some time, I'm guessing my body got used to the hormones and now my face is super clear, we're talking I maybe get a pimple around my period but that's it. I now only get my period once a month, honestly this is a blessing because pads and tampons are expensive. The only thing is that it didn't really do much for alleviating cramps or the flow of my period. I still get it for roughly the entire time I'm on the inactive week."

sabrinaherex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am 28 and have taken Trinessa for 2 months. The first month I noticed I was pretty emotional as is crying a lot feeling very depressed especially the week before the placebo pills, also really painful periods that I thought bc pills usually help I'm on the 2nd pack and it's the week before my period, I cried for 2 days and actually felt like I didn't want to be around anymore. I never thought a pill could make you feel that way but I found other reviews that said the same. I just could not figure out why I was feeling like a crazy person until I realized its once again the week before my period. Please just be careful if you have any depression to start with. Pros, clear skin and no weight gain."

JJW12 February 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking Trinessa Low for over a year now. I'm 19 started at 18. It is terrible for about the first 2 months. Bloating, nauseous, breast growth, drained sex drive from 8/10 to a 1/10. However, it is very effective and forgiving. The symptoms don't go away fully but do mild down after the two months. Still have about no sex drive."

Cam Fett (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for years as the generic to OrthotriCyclin. It was free compared to the expensive version. I have not noticed issues with this pill at all, at least not that are very noticeable. I think the mood swings and emotional distress others are mentioning would happen with or without any BCP because of PMS. My skin breaks out only the week before my cycle starts, but nothing crazy. I don't have breast tenderness, cramps or discomfort either. The periods are light and painless as well. I do notice the bloat like clockwork a week prior to the period, but it is what it is. I have not gotten pregnant while on the pill though my guy and I are highly fertile, so it's obviously working. Overall I'm happy with it."

Trithisfn February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I just finished my first month on this pill and so far so good. I was on Tarina fe 1/20 but it broke me out HORRIBLY so my doc switched me to trinessa. No weight gain, no stomach pains, no increase in acne AND no baby. Hopefully in a few months it'll clear my skin. A lot of ppl are saying this pill made them gain weight, I actually lost some & my boobs got a teeny bit fuller (not much tho). Without ins I pay $20 per pack at PP."

woonie12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking Tri Nessa in November and this is by far THE WORST PILL ever. During the first and second month of taking this pill I was super naseous and I experienced terrible ovulation pain if I did not take my pill at the exact time everyday. Currently, I have horrible mood swings, depression, and my skin is breaking out like crazy. The only thing this pill didn't do was gain weight. Going to my doctor next week to change my bc plan."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on trinessa for about a year and just got off it. While being on trinessa I noticed more a lot of mood swings and changes in my libido, all which started when I started on the pill. My period became a lot lighter and a lot shorter- usually only 2 days. I didn't gain weight or have issues with acne. Certain times of the month my breasts also seemed larger and tender. (Not 100% sure if it was just from it being a certain time of the month or the pill though) The only things I didn't like with this medicine is the mood swings, but again, I knew what to expect and when to expect it and when it was happening. That and remember to take them at the same time everyday."

Courtster (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking trinessa for 10 days for birth control/acne/regulating my period. So far I've lost 11 lbs. The first 5 days I had awful mood swings and barely had an appetite for anything. It's odd for me to lose so much weight cause I'm not overweight and have never lost this much weight in 10 days but otherwise it's going okay! Haven't noticed a difference in my acne but time will tell!"

Ellllllllle January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm 19 and this is my first birth control pill and it has worked great!!! I've been on it for a little more than 4 months. Pros: • no pregnancies • didn't change my (mostly) clear skin • no missed periods • cramps are less painful • no side effects after first month • no change in sex drive (if anything it increased lmao) Cons: • on the FIRST MONTH I had nausea, decreased appetite, random cramps, increased anxiety (and I already have anxiety disorders) • period flow is still the same • period still lasts 4-5 days • random bloating (I don't mind it tbh) • my belly is a bit bigger ¿?"

AnonymousPRican (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for 4 days, but so far so good. My face has been clearing up, I haven't noticed any weight gain and haven't noticed any major changes in my mood. Before trinessa I tried minastrin and it was the worst experience of my life. I had to stop after day 4 because I had HORRIBLE mood swings/depression/anxiety to the point where I almost went to the hospital. The only complaint I have so far is that my stomach has been super weird and my period was the worst it's ever been. I started it the 1st day of my period and it was super heavy and full of blood clots and I had cramps for 3 days. Hoping my stomach issues stop and my mood doesn't change. I will update in a month or so"

TrinessaYo (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Had to stop 4 days in. Worst bloating ever! My clothes would fit me by the third day. It was so bad it took me 2 years before I considered any form of bc again."

1995apple95 January 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Horrible. Immediately after the first pill I became nauseated. Nausea stayed for while 2 months. Horrible pains at bottom of my stomach from this pill. Soon as I stopped taking it the nausea went away and the stomach pains. I will not ever use this again. Never ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

KnBtr (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Do not take this. DO NOT TAKE THIS. I'm 26 and weigh 135 lbs. I started taking Trinessa in July 2016 and one month later, I'm in the hospital coughing up blood with uncontrollable pain in my side. They did a CT and it came back that I had a blood clot in my left lung. They said my birth control caused it. I became so swollen in my legs just 2 days before the clot went into my lung. I'm a very healthy woman and this medication almost took my life. Please be careful. It's been 4 months and I'm still short of breath. 40% of my lung died because it wasn't getting oxygen. I'm on blood thinners twice a day. Don't think this can't happen to you. Estrogen thickens your blood. I'm just so thankful I didn't have a stroke."

Luckytobealive (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started trinessa 5 months ago, for the second time. First when I was 20yrs old, it worked great. Now I'm 31, started again to prevent pregnancy and just feel pain on my breast, (around my nipples) also my sex live has decrease with my partner. My mood has also changed. I'm debating whether I should stop the pill or not."

Carolina321 December 26, 2016