User Reviews for TriNessa

Ovarian Cysts
5.3

Summary of TriNessa reviews 6.2 404 reviews

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "I am now 37 years old with eight children. I had gastric bypass in 2012, I had originally started depo shot after my last daughter but my doctor was concerned with the possibility of weight gain so he switched me to Trinessa in February 2018. I have had longer harder periods since starting, I've had urinary tract infections every month since (Thought I wasn't drinking enough water and giving myself the infection) I've had cramping, weight gain , bad headaches, breast tenderness, and recently figured out I had swelling in my legs due to this drug. I figured it out after my 2 year old lost both my pills packets and my keys one day and we hadn't found them for almost 3 weeks! (Found them in the box of powder laundry soap on the dryer) At this point I figured I'd just wait a few days and get the new month worth of pills, so a day or so later I was in the bathroom every little while to urinate and I noticed that my legs were getting better! Which lead me here to see what side effects others have experienced!"

Cservin84 June 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for three years now, and absolutely love it. I first decided to take it due to harsh cramps during the beginning of each period, acne, and generic birth control. I've had no weight gain, my acne is pretty much non existent, and have never had issues with pregnancy or pain with periods since. It may not be for everyone, but it definitely helped me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using TriNessa for 2 years now, since my daughter was born. This is my first birth control, and I am using this one because the name brand one my Dr recommended isn't covered by my insurance. At first I thought everything was fine, and that my life was just adjusting to being a new mom, but I feel like the birth control contributes to my feelings of depression, like, I just can't shake it. I don't feel like myself and having a hard time feeling happy. I have horrible mood swings and it is putting a strain on my relationship with my husband, my libido is down the drain. While I haven't gained weight, its been difficult to lose it, which wasn't such a challenge prior to baby. I am very sensitive to smells, some things like air fresheners make me want to vomit. I get occasional nausea, but its random. The plus side is that my seasonal allergies seem to be gone, and I have successfully not become pregnant."

TheLovelyOne June 11, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I have issues where I’ve been bleeding vaginally after my abdomen surgery. It caused massive pain and anemia, so the effects were awful. I have been on another birth control, but it made me feel nauseated, so I decided to go for Trinessa since I was on it before. This pill gives me no awful side effects such as nausea or vomiting. I hate that this pill causes me to be underweight and gives me no appetite (which is apparently a good thing for most women). My anxiety has definitely increased, but I there are other factors that may enhance this effect. This pill fixed my random bleeding problems and helped my acne. Hopefully I will have better effects on the sister pill Mononessa."

Leo (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I first took this medication when I was 21-22 so about 2011-2012 stop taking it in 2013 just because no real reason. But while I had been taking it I had no real side effects or at least I hadn't notice. I was also on metformin I took at combo of both of these meds due to PCOS I was advised the metformin would make me ill. When I just stopped taking the meds I was able to regulate my PCOS this by diet when I stopped taking these medications. Then after a while I started slacking and becoming lazy etc so as a result my periods are back to being irregular. So I went back on trinessa as of 3/2018 but oh my gaaaawd I constantly feel sick sooo sooo sooo soo sooo sick I feel like at times I can't hold in my gagging. I'm 28 now and I regret my decision about having regular periods all because of this constant sick feeling due to trinessa"

jayjay May 24, 2018

For Acne "I was prescribed TriNessa pill for both birth control uses and acne. I was worried about my boobs getting bigger, I was already a D, and gaining weight, both of which my doctor assured me wouldn’t happen. I gained weight within DAYS of this pill. I thought it was bloating so I kept taking it. Nope. I went from a size 4 to an 8 within a month despite exercising and eating healthier than ever. My skin also was the worst it’s ever been. It’s normally not too bad, but so many of my friends on bc had perfect skin and I wanted in. Instead I got little bumps everywhere that refused to clear up. My boobs went up to a DD as well. I didn’t experience much nausea or mood swings with this, and it did it’s job preventing pregnancy. I stuck it out for 3 months, to give my hormones time to even out, and nothing changed. A month and a half later I gave up. As soon as I stopped taking it, all the side effects reversed. Let’s just say I’m sticking to a dermatologist and condoms from now on."

sophomorecollege May 24, 2018

For Birth Control "My regular birth control was discontinued and was switched to Trinessa 3 months ago. I had weight gain 1+ months later, but didn't put it together. I'm now in my 3rd month and I've gained a total of 15 pounds, anxiety, acne and breast tenderness. I'M DONE! I'll be 48 years old this year and don't need the extra problems. I see good and bad reviews and I'm so glad that I googled it."

F. Hixson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2018

For Acne "I was on Microgestin for 2.5 years and loved it. Cleared up my mild acne beautifully. But, I didn't get my period. Not once the entire 2.5 years. So, I decided to try Trinessa to give me a period AND maintain good skin. WORST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE. Made me breakout SO badly for 4 months!! Now I'm back on Microgestin. Skin is still not better after 3 months. I am severely disappointed in how I reacted with Trinessa."

fish1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My doctor put me on Trinessa for my dysmenorrhea and it’s worked great so far! I’ve been on it for about 6 months and it’s definitely helped shorten my periods and reduce my cramps and I haven’t had any side effects. I use to have horrible cramps on my period and throw up almost ever month on the first day of my period but my period have definitely been easier now."

cprky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

For Birth Control "So I’ve been on Trinessa since the age of 19, so for three years. My severe face wide acne cleared up significantly (rosecea is here to stay sadly but not through any fault of trinessa) and it has been an amazing birth control, even when I have missed a pill after unprotected sex by a few hours or a day and had to double up later. I’ve never been pregnant and honestly I’m responsible but not perfect so I consider myself lucky. If your acne isn’t resolved, check with your dermatologist because you may have dietary or other factors involved that medication can’t help as well as eliminating irritants from your diet."

Mermaid (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2018

For Birth Control "The first few days of taking this I experienced slight nausea, some cramps, and breast tenderness. Now, the nausea I’m experiencing is off the roof. I’m disgusted by foods and yet I have to constantly eat to make my nausea subside a little. I’m going to switch to a different brand."

Anonymous May 2, 2018

For Acne "I've been on this medicine for over a year and I love it. I do experience nausea a little bit but I think its mostly just motion sickness. My acne cleared up within 2 weeks & I barely ever get pimples. I love how it regulates my periods and brought it from being 7 days long, to 4. my cramps have gotten a little better too. I hope it works this well for you:)"

Lydia (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2018

For Birth Control "At first, I’ve been using Lo Loestrin Fe for 6 months and had to switch due to being depressed all the time. I’ve never experienced depression until I took the pill. I would wake up every morning crying and feeling like a soulless human being. It was horrible to be feeling very low in life and starting my first semester of college. I finally decided to change to Trinessa Lo in hopes my depression would go away. Trinessa Lo has made me feel so much better and I was myself again. The first month of using it, I did notice to break out but it stopped after the second. Another thing about the pill is I’ve noticed I’ve gained weight. I’m a skinny girl and always been in shape but now I can see I’ve got weight on me. I’m happy overall with Trinessa Lo because I’m no longer depressed. I don’t regret much in life but taking Lo Loestrin Fe is something I wish I’ve never encountered with. It did ruin my confidence and relationship but I’m in the process of healing again."

Anonymous April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Trinessa for about 5 months and I’ve never been such a miserable person in my life. I developed severe depression, mood swings, anxiety, and fatigue. This pill has almost ended my marriage because of how irritable I have been. I can’t wait to go to the doctor to switch brands!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on birth control for about 4 years, was first on mononessa but my acne got very bad and so I went up to trinessa and everything is fine! I’m an athlete so I’ve always pretty much been in somewhat good shape. Acne is very uncommon but I’m a 19 year old girl, my skin clears up and then some days it doesn’t. I have never gotten pregnant and am active with my boyfriend and no worries ever really. Thinking of going to an IUD maybe in the near future. Any suggestions?"

Britt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on trinessa for over a year and just within the last six months everything has changed. The week before my period I usually got mood swings, depression, anxiety, acne, back pain. But this month has so far been the worse. I can’t eat, I’m anxious all the time I want to cry for no reason and I have no control over my thoughts"

Syd April 2, 2018

For Birth Control "Pill made my usually light period heavier than I’ve ever had before. This is going on the 6th day of my period (which is normally 4 days) and to be more specific, I have been using a super tampon and a pad and within 2-3 hours the pad is drenched. Would not recommend this to anyone"

AJ March 31, 2018

For Birth Control "This gave me vaginal infections every 2 to 3 months for 2 years straight. Haven't had one since I went off this medication. If you get regular infections then switch birthcontrol."

Lizzy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I took this mainly to gain control over my periods because I would have a period every two weeks. I became sick. I started birth control which has helped 100% with regulating my periods. Only time my cycle seems a little off is if I forget to take the pill (which is the usual risk in oral meds) or if I'm severely stressed out. It has helped my acne. I used to look like a mountain range. Now I'm reduced to a few hills. I've never felt sick while on this medication. Those are the main benefits I've noticed while on TriNessa. However, I used to have a very sensitive stomach. If my stomach was even slightly full I'd instantly not want anymore. Now for some reason it's harder for me to regulate how much food I eat and so I will accidentally overeat quite often, leading to me gaining almost 40lbs within 2+ years. I also have noticed vaginal dryness. I can't have sex without lube. "

Dru (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa going on my third month, and every time I've started the new pack it's been horrible. I have nausea, not eating, I'm losing weight ( because I'm not eating. Not healthy btw) I get grossed out by many, many foods. But my face is clearing, no mood swings. I'm undecided about asking for a change of B.C.."

Ava (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

For Birth Control "All of a sudden since a very long (3 years) of using trinessa I feel abdominal pain and have concerns about my pancreas. I have read that it is one of the side effects. I am stopping to use trinessa now."

Abdominal pain (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2018

For Acne "I have deep scarring acne on my cheeks and forehead. I was on Trinessa for 3 months and didn’t see much change. For the first 2 months my forehead cleared up a little but no big change in my cheeks. In the middle of the second month everything went downhill. My face broke out terrribly and continues to get worse."

sg156931 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been on 3 different BC . The first was loestrin 24 fe which in the beginning worked great for treating cramps and irregular bleeding. After a few months the pill went from treating everything to treating nothing . I was bleeding or spotting for 3 weeks out of the month . My doctor changed my prescription to Microgestin. I stayed on this pill for 5 years with little to no problems until the last few months where this pill caused me horrible cramps and 2 ovarian cysts . I had alot of issues with mood swings on Microgestin so looked for a lower hormone option. My GYN really wanted me to try an IUD but I was way to scared after hearing horror stories from family and friends . I have been on Trinessa for a little over a month and I'm very pleased so far . Besides some nausea on the first week of starting the pack , I've had little to no issues . Period started on time with almost no cramps. I get hungry more often but have found taking this pill at night helps that ."

mother nature's mutant (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Trinessa has been fine, however, it did give me melasma."

CG606 February 21, 2018

For Acne "Worked great for me. First two months I did broke out but after month 3 I started to see clear skin. Still have 2-3 pimples and some brown spots but over all much better than when I started. You definitely have to be patient and let your body adjust. Period is ok but shorter and I do get cramps on the first day but at least it’s over after 4 days instead of 7."

Naida99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2018