User Reviews for TriNessa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne

Ovarian Cysts
4.8

Summary of TriNessa reviews 6.0 364 reviews

Reviews for TriNessa

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on microgestin 1.5 for almost a year but hated the way it made me feel bloated and uncomfortable all the time. I take birth control to help with my horrible cramps that leave me bed ridden if not controlled. My Dr. Switched me to triNessna and at first it was great. No side effects...no bloating...slight change in my sex drive. But it didn't help with the cramps...as a matter of fact I would cramp longer during my period on it than I would without it. I thought since I had just stared it I would give it some time. I've been on it for 6 months now and I have been bleeding/spotting on and off throughout the day for 4 days now and I'm in the middle of the pack. I'm making him switch to something else."

Makeitstopplease December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I've been on trinessa for about 9 years now. But for the last 3 years I have been having major issues that trinessa had previously helped with. These past 3 years my acne has come back, my skin is flaky and oily, I have unwanted facial hair, my periods have become much shorter which for me is not good, I have seizures during the 2 weeks leading up to my period, I am in immense pain and have severe fatigue during those 2 weeks as well. I'm not sure if the birth control has stopped working or if something else that the gyno hasn't found is causing this mess. Either way, this month I will not be taking it so I can see if being off of it helps anything."

Tiffers32788 December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I went on trinesa to regulate my periods and help with acne I would get around my period. My dermatologist prescribed it to me so I never thought it would make my skin worse but it did. I got severe cystic acne all around my checks, jawline and neck. I did it for three months. When my acne got really bad in month two I saw a dermatologist and she said to stay on it for three months and if my breakouts were still bad then to get off it. So now I’ve been off it for about a week and my acne is the worst it has ever been. My skin was completely clear during the summer and now it is so severe I never want to leave my apartment. My dermatologist now thinks I’ll need to go on accutane to fix what trinessa did to my skin. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND"

AshleyAcne December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for 8 months before I realized that it was causing my panic attacks and paranoia.I lost my appetite, felt nauseous all the time. At first I thought maybe I’m going through postpartum depression. Just had 2nd baby.But overall I was really happy with life and had no complaints. I went to the doctor several times to try to figure out why I was feeling this way.I felt like a zombie.I finally thought to look up side effects of the birth control and to my surprise and relief all the negative reviews said the same thing. I have been off the pill for 5months now and I feel great! It took about 2 weeks before I felt like myself again. I used to take tri cyclen lo before my kids and that worked really well for me."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Trinessa for 6+ years now. It's an effective contraceptive with many added benefits. I use it for contraception & abnormal/painful cycles. There was only one BIG problem for me with it. Here are the ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES for me: ~PROS:~ (#1) It completely REGULATED my cycles. I can accurately estimate on which days it will start and end, and the bleeding is FAR less (in quantity and frequency). (#2) It SHORTENED my cycles. They only last about 4-5 days now, and is much more easily managed. (#3) It REDUCED the pain! It still hurts, but it no longer interferes with daily life. (#4) It is FREE with insurance! ~CONS:~ (#1) I actually VOMITED every day for the 1st YEAR. That really disrupted my life, but it's FINE now!"

jen4568 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "TriNessa was a miracle worker! It helped my periods, my breakouts, and caused me NO weight gain!! I would definitely recommend to anybody."

hmsalyer (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Okay, so, I've been taking this birth control for five years now. It does it's job at preventing pregnancy. Been with my boyfriend for three years, never used a condom, never pregnant. That's basically the only good thing about it. My acne has been terrible the entire time I've used this birth control. My mood swings are insane, cramping makes me nauseous, and I would bleed for five to seven days. I'm diagnosed with depression, and I noticed the week before my period I would get insanely depressed. I'm guessing it was this birth control, considering it happened every month during the last week of pills. Switching over to Yasmin to see how that works."

Mikkii505 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been on trinessa for almost 2 years now and I haven't had any problems with it. I gained some weight at beginning but not too much. I started using it for acne and then was also using it for birth control and both work great for me. Recently I started getting a little acne back but I'm pretty sure its because of stress. Overall, does the job well."

Rachelllllll November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first contraception pill. I have had great experience. I have been using it for little over a year. First two months were little unusual, in a sense I was overly sensitive and emotional. However, after that its line I am not using any pills. No pain, no weight gain, no any side effect. Oh my boobs did get bigger since I started using them, but I don't think that was a bad side effect. My husband def likes it :)"

AIR78696 November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control pill I was ever put on. It was great for that purpose (controlling birth) but caused me to have WEEK LONG periods. Seriously, bleeding for 7 days straight. It was terrible so I got switched to a form of Loestrin. I never had issues with acne on this medication which was great, so definitely good for that. Maybe it was just me but I had to get off of it because the week-long periods were so terrible. Going to try mononessa next because I have bad acne right now. Wish I could go back to this expect I cannot deal with the periods it gave me..."

Shreyaaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Trinessa really worked well for me. I have PCOS and have always had really irregular periods. Trinessa fixed my irregular periods and cleared up my acne in about 3-4 months. I also have noticed that my mood swings have decreased since starting the medication."

Kschaefz October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My first month was fine! I am a very emotional person and prone to anxiety attacks, and it never made it worse! Almost felt like it made it better... HOWEVER, after the first month, I started having itchy skin, vaginal discharge, vaginal burning and irritation, hives all over my body, eczema on MY FINGERS! Really weird stuff... went to the doctor and got tested for EVERYTHING! including STDS. All negative. The only thing we could think of was this birth control. Kept taking it for a third month, symptoms got worse, even started gaining weight and acne! Stopped taking it on a Saturday, it is now Thursday: Most all symptoms are gone. It had to be the BC..."

Messed up my whole body... October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had been on the Depo shot for about 8 years, when I switched to the Nexplanon implant. That was the worst decision I ever made. I had never been so depressed or sore or had to deal with out of control periods until I got it in inserted. I couldn't deal with it anymore, so I told my doctor that Orthotricyclen Lo had worked well before (I didn't want to do the shot again for various reasons - mainly work-related) so I requested to be put back on that. I have super predictable periods again, I'm far less depressed than I used to be, and my skin has NEVER been this clear before. The ONLY thing I hate about it is the fact that my breasts hurt all the time. There are very few moments when they don't hurt. More pros than cons for me, though."

ChewieWillows October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hey ladies. I was using orthotricyclin for about 2 or 3 years. I absolutely LOVED it. Before birth control my periods used to be really heavy and sometimes I'd go 2 or 3 months with out one (Which is super scary if you're sexually active). On tricyclin my period started on the morning after I took the 3rd green pill every month. It was perfect. The new pharmacy I started going to didn't carry tricyclin, only trinessa. I was hesitant since my body was already used to the other birth control so I took about a year off. Just recently I started trinessa. On the first month, my period was normal. My depression and anxiety are MUCH better than when I wasn't using BC. On my second month now and everything is great! Can't tell a difference from orthotricyclin!"

Leigh0116 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Not sexually active, so I can't tell how it helps in pregnancy prevention. It did stop spotting in between periods, but it destroyed my skin. Particularly along my jawline (jawline acne is typically hormonal), my skin broke out the entire duration of using Trinessa. It was the hard, painful acne that left behind dark marks when they had run their course. I stayed on the pill for three months to make sure it was a the pill causing the acne, and it was. During the placebo pill week when you get your period, my skin would clear up. Until I had to start the pill again, that is. Beyond that, my emotions were so out of whack on this pill that I was constantly on the verge of tears when I am a silly, easygoing girl who is extremely positive."

ARW2017D (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was on orthotricyclen which really cleared my skin but my new doctor decided to switch Bc on me to trinessa and I've been getting more than the typical one or two on my cheeks. And I never break out on my forehead but I started to with trinessa. Trinessa is horrible in helping acne!!"

Annoyed. September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "TriNessa was the first birth control I had ever been on. I took it for almost a year and had to stop. I suffer from anxiety and depression. My periods were really awful before TriNessa and when I started taking it they were easy and manageable. My skin was glowing and clear. TriNessa made my anxiety and depression so much worse. I cried all the time I had panic attacks and mood swings multiple times a day. I also gained about 15 pounds. I have not tried birth control since, I am so scared that it will be anything similar to trinessa because it isn't worth it."

bribri567989 September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I am 29 never been on birth control before.I recently started taking it due to painful periods due to uterine fibroids, I started taking it a month ago I would take it around 1pm and was the worst mistake ever could not control my emotions or mood was feeling foggy and in daze always tired could not concentrate always agitated. My friend suggested I start taking them at night before bed so I take them at 10 ish to 1030 now and makes a huge difference. I'm back to my old self now my periods last at least 5 days no where near bloating or the painful periods I've had before. I have not experienced any weight gain or any other negative effects besides the ones taking them during the day my breasts are sometimes tender but not a big deal."

Jlg07 September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Pros- predictable periods, clear skin Cons- 20lb weight gain, increased anxiety, worsened depression, very irritable, exhausted, insomnia and heavy, long periods."

Danielle1992 September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Trinessa for 9 months now, and will be starting Aviane this coming week. Trinessa worked wonders for me for several months. My skin was clear, mood was normal, periods weren't bad. Then, I developed a lump in my breast. I saw my doctor, who sent me to get a breast ultrasound. The ultrasound showed only normal breast tissue, but I had pain and tenderness for a long time. Later, I began having a pain on the right side of my pelvis. When it hurt I could even feel a rigid lump looming over the pain. I got both the pelvic and transvaginal ultrasounds and they showed no cysts or abnormal tissue. Total, I spent $1000 to get ultrasounds that have done nothing. Finally, I am getting off this pill. Hopefully that resolves my pain."

rross25 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Let's start off saying that medications work different for everybody. Personally it has not been bad for me like all of these other reviews. The first couple of weeks I did have mood swings, I was debating on stopping trinessa Lo, but I said maybe just my hormones need to regulate. Well they regulated. I started taking this birth control so I can stop getting hormonal break outs mid cycle. My acne wasn't horrible, I really just had oily skin and and a few cystic bumps that would leave red marks that looked ugly to me. I probably would get 7 a month? Something like that. Well the first 3 months I broke out a little more than usual. I had about 10 bumps on one cheek. On my 4th month and my skin is crystal clear!"

Bibiiii August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hey everyone. So I have been taking birth control for the last 8 years for my period. I was having a period every two weeks so I was put on the pill when I was 13. I am 21 years old now. I got put on Tri-nessa about two years ago. I don't remember the name of my birth control before then. But it worked so well for me, cleared my acne, easy periods, no problems....until last week. I got admitted into the hospital on Friday for a blood clot in my left lung. I have no family history of clots and I don't smoke so they ruled it that it was the birth control. I wanted people to know to be careful. Because I'm so young to have something like this happen. So please take with caution. It's a very slim chance but it happened to me."

Najdndufbfh August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using trinessa for 2 months now and my acne is almost completely nonexistent. I do get a couple zits around my period but other than that I'm cleared up. Only downside is that I start spotting a week before my period but I also haven't been taking for 3 months yet so I may stop spotting early. Other than that I don't have any noticeable symptoms and my periods are much more manageable, I used to have horrid cramps but not anymore!"

roraaa (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I absolutely love trinessa!!!! I am a 25 year old woman with no kids with previous issues of no period/late period/long period/breakouts all the time & constant bloating almost all the time. Trinessa has cleared my bloating, my acne, and my periods!!!! I absolutely love it!!! But I do remember at first it was the hell, I would have headaches and I would feel like I need to throw up "

C.ram15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started Trinessa because I had horrible cramps to the point where I would lay on the bathroom floor for days, and my doctor said that it would fix this. Although it lessened this symptom somewhat, I have had insane mood swings, depression, and nausea. Crying for no reason with depressing thoughts for 10-14 days is not worth a little less stomach pain every month. I'm going to try to switch brands soon."

:) (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017