User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne 53 reviews 523 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 274 reviews 6.3

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "As for preventing pregnancy, trinessa worked like a charm. I originally had began taking the pill to regulate my period, because I got them twice a month. As for physical side effects, they were minimal. I never gained any weight, never felt nauseated or sick. The only down side I found to the pill was, it made my patience go down to zero. So if something happened that normally I would blow over, I would get very angry and blow up. My mood swings were extremely bad, people just didn't want to be around me because of how angry it made me. I ended up getting off of it because of my mood swings, and my period stayed regulated. So that was a plus."

Meggs.123 August 26, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went to the doctor for a regular checkup and I told my doctor I had heavy bleeding and she prescribed me Tri-Nessa I started to take the pill and instantly felt horrible, headaches,worse cramps than ever and it's running my life. after my period ended I am still taking Tri-Nessa and it is horrible I bleed every day I have not had a break. I have to wear panty liners because I spot everyday. I have been on the drug for 2 months.slwo my period was only 5 days before I started taking the pill and now I'm about 2 weeks long I won't stop bleeding.the pill made me gain 2 pounds so far and my butt and breast have enlarged. but the medcine is not for me I would rather just live with regular heavy periods"

kayyllaa August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Trinessa for the past 14 months now. It's the first oral birth control I've ever been on, so at first I thought it was normal. I knew when my period was coming, it kept me from getting pregnant, and it cleared up my face. However, ever since I've been taking it, my anxiety has reached a whole new level. Not to mention, I have depression for the first time in my life. I have had suicidal thoughts, I've felt my self esteem go down, and I've felt irritable towards nearly everyone in my life. It has affected a lot of my close relationships, such as my boyfriend who is constantly having to put up my depression and anxiety attacks. I would consider another pill if you have these issues."

Anonymous- August 6, 2016

For Acne "I was taking Ortho-Tri cycles Lo for many years. I don't recall having any problems. Up until last year, for some reason my prescription changed to TriNessa because it was the "generic" version of Ortho. I went back to the doctors to get a refill last month and they put me on another generic brand this time of TriNessa. Within the first week of taking it I was getting bad migraines. The second and third week I was feeling nauseous all day with also bad stomach pain. I noticed I was feeling depressed and unmotivated. One thing that scared me was my mood swings. I wasn't aware of it at all until my boyfriend said I went from being happy to irritable within minutes. After not even a full month of taking this pill, I will be switching."

Anonymous August 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've came to my end of my first month on this, I started taking it to help reglate my period. It has helped do that! But the Anxitey and depression has been on high, I get crazy moods where I can't stand anyone & I don't want to be around anyone. I feel more bloded since taking them."

Anonymous August 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on trinessa for about 10 months and I have had a good experience! This is the first birth control ive ever taken. My whole life I have had very regular, easy periods. I used to have cramps the first day and would last about 6 days. now my period lasts about 4 days with and I don't have any cramps! My acne is loads better, my boobs got bigger. I gained about 5 pounds but have also slipped on my healthy eating/ working out so that could also be why. I take it at 7pm every night because I did feel slightly nauseous when I took it in the morning when I first started taking trinessa. I sleep great, my anxiety is actually better. Overall a good experience- my only complaint is that I seem to cry/ get more emotional over silly things!"

Chelstom July 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on all kinds of birth control since having my son 21 years ago. I got on Trinessa cause my current insurance doesn't cover for the Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo I was on before. I'm almost 40 and have had a problem with acne my whole life, even while being on the Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo. Well I am VERY happy with Trinessa because my face has cleared up & looks beautiful for the 1st time in my life! My periods only last 4 days which is awesome. So far I've been on Trinessa almost a year & will definitely continue it."

Marlys16 July 29, 2016

For Acne "I went back on birth control hoping to alleviate some of my acne (I'm 26) and the first month of being on Trinessa was terrible – headaches, nausea, heartburn – and now that I'm nearing the end of the second month I'm experiencing weight gain all over – I can't fit into my bras, my waist is thicker, etc. and the acne is still present, although slightly better. I'm calling my doctor to see about switching brands."

Lou26 July 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-Cyclen before I moved and lost health insurance. Immediately after losing health insurance, my doctor moved me to Trinessa, the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, without consenting me. I liked Ortho TCLo because I had no side effects and it cleared my adult acne. I cannot stand Trinessa. Although my acne is still clear, my mood swings are unpredictable and heavy. I am normally a strong and reliable person. I am constantly dealing with jaded, cynical thoughts, oversleeping and utter lack of positivism. I will be switching back to Ortho TCLo even though the costs are astronomical without health insurance."

Anon_2016 July 19, 2016

For Acne "So, I am only within my first month and this is SCARY. I have always had bad acne, but within this first month it has made it worse. The kind of cystic acne I get now, I cannot get rid of as soon as I used to be able to. Most pimples would go away for about a week and these have lasted for a month almost. I am also starting to take tretinoin and doxycycline in addition to the birth control because I feel so hopeless. Please, someone tell me this is supposed to happen? You know? Worse before better? Thanks."

TylerR123 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I have only been on trinessa for 2 months now and Its really nice. I have never really had much in the way of acne but with this I never even get a pimple. My periods are 3-4 days, pretty light with no cramps. The first couple weeks I completely lost an appetite and lost a couple pounds but now I'm back to normal. No complaints!!"

Megan1996 July 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't had any of the horrible side effects alot of people wrote about on here. I have almost finished the light blue pills. The only problem I had was a slight discomfort in the bottom of my belly the first couple days. I haven't had any breakouts but I got a cyst on my forehead the first week. I left it alone and it went away. I haven't had any nausea. I take the pill at breakfast with eggs and toast or sometimes just peanutbutter toast. So for anyone who is scared about taking birth control now please realize most people who review drugs have something negative to say. Don't be afraid to protect yourself."

Forever_young2016 July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Well I haven't gotten pregnant, so I guess it's probably doing what it should. But since being on the drug, I have restless nights where I wake up constantly feeling naesous. Sometimes it'll be at 4 AM and then I just can't get back to sleep after it. As for my acne, it seemed to clear up a bit at first but right around the time my period is starting, it gets horrible again. I don't like it at all."

libby567 July 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Nausea, migraines, upset stomach. In general I'm very unhappy. Living in hell. Nine pills to go before placebo and I will continue just because don't want to get pregnant."

Chellange (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

For Acne "No problems with effectiveness of the contraceptive in terms of pregnancy. However, I broke out all over my face with acne for the first time in my life and I'm 23. I've also had heightened feelings of depression and anxiety that I've never experienced before since taking Trinessa Lo."

Anonymous June 27, 2016

For Acne "I started TriNessa Lo almost 2 months ago because I want to clear my acne. During the first month I didn't see any improvement. In fact I think that it even got worse. During the second month my face started clearing up. I am experiencing some side effects but I plan to continue to stay on the pill, hoping that my body will get used to it, and the side effects will fade away. My period was very light, and I experienced less cramping than before taking the pill. Some side effects: I feel depressed during the first week (while I'm on the white pills), and then this goes away, then my breasts get HUGE and hurt a lot. I can not stand moving without wearing bras. The tenderness and pain are awful."

Dess Farro (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken this pill for 11 years. I got on it after the birth of my first son on 2005. I have had no problems and I like that my cycles are light and last for only 4 days. I got off the pill in 2008 for a planned pregnancy. I got pregnant right away had my second son in 2009 and went right back on this pill and have had no problems at all. I am hoping to have another successful planned pregnancy so I am currently off the pill but I plan on going back on them. I am completely satisfied."

misslady82 (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2016

For Acne "I rated this Trinessa Low with five stars because this is my first month on the medication. When taking the pill I did not experience any mood swings, dizziness, or sickness. I felt great...the ok only problem was that my face broke out like a pizza! I was on the shot 6 months prior to the pill and had very minimal acne. I'm hoping that if I stick with it, the acne will subside and I will be happy with the overall results!"

Shimah (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched to Trinessa 28's last week of April and I am very content! After the birth of my child in December I tried the shot and it was the worst ever...I lost tons of hair and constantly bled almost the whole 3 months, mood swings, and the list goes on...Well first week of Trinessa I did get some headaches and a bit of nausea but nothing I couldn't tolerate. I do take them at night before bed, which in my opinion is the best time! Within the first month my mood swings were gone, noticed hair growth and reduction in hair loss, first period was only 4 days and not too heavy but maybe 2nd day only. For me Trinessa is wonderful and has worked wonders! And also no copay covered at 100% with my insurance!"

kdmej (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Doc prescribed ortho-tri lo but my insurance paid for this alternative. After 2 weeks of taking this pill, I've had cramps and spotting every day and feel very bloated and irritable. I have a call into my doctor asking if I should see it through and hope things improve or just stop and get this out of my system. Frustrating."

cew18 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 2 1/2 months and compared to my previous prescription (which I had no period, just spotting at the end of the month) this is horrible. The only time i don't bleed is during the first week of pills. Then it's light bleeding the second week and gets heavier with each week's pill. I can see how it's good for birth control. Who's going to have sex when they're bleeding all the time?"

Breonna J (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

For Birth Control "This works wonders with my acne, but it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. Nausea and vomiting the first couple months but only on occasion. Abnormal bleeding began and continued for almost three months, discontinued and started taking it again, and now I have bled for a month..."

knd14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for a month started my second month, and almost finished with week one. So far my cramps have still been horrible, and my acne has worsen since I've been on the pill. Hoping for changes the third month!"

Sadie0111 June 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Trinessa by my doctor in September of 2015 and have been taking it ever since. This is the only form of birth control that I have been on, which is why I gave it 9/10. It works very well. Prior to taking Trinessa, I had some acne but ever since, I have clear skin and rarely ever get a pimple. I had one minor headache when I first began taking this medicine but have not had one since. Make sure that you eat before or immediately after taking the pill, otherwise you will feel nauseous. My periods are much lighter and cramps are almost nonexistent. I definitely recommend this as a birth control."

Lil A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I started Trinessa a month and a half ago after being on Ortho Tri cyclen Lo for a year. So far it's been great with helping my painful periods, clearing up acne, and preventing pregnancy. The only complaint I have is the slight nausea every now and then along with feeling fatigued, I assume this should go away the more I use it so right now it's a waiting game. Other than that I like it."

flyhi23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016