User Reviews for TriNessa

TriNessa has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 455 ratings on Drugs.com. 44% of those users who reviewed TriNessa reported a positive effect, while 28% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
3.8
Summary of TriNessa reviews 6.0 455 reviews

Reviews for TriNessa

Hay April 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve never written a review in my entire life. But, I feel super strong about my experience with this birth control and wanted to share. I was on and off this birth control for about two years. It helped me with my acne, I did gain about 20 pounds but it also was very effective. Everyone on here is talking about their experiences WHILE taking the pill but nothing about the after effects. While on the medication I had less cramping and regular cycles... well I’ve been off of it for a year and 4 months and since then I’ve had my period every 11 days. Every single time. Instead of my period lasting 7 days it lay 5-6. I’ve been to multiple doctors and they just tell me it may take a while or longer than normal for my body to readjust. On top of this, I can’t conceive. It’s very frustrating, trinessa seemed to be working great during my experience but I just want to share while you ladies on some of the side effects I’ve experienced since being off it.”

Knox · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2020

For Birth Control: “I LOVED this birth control and was taking it for multiple years!!! WHY did they stop making it, NO IDEA. Got switched to Tri-Sprintec and my boobs were extremely tender for WEEKS!!!”

Pantoufle8 · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 10 years and loved it -- totally normal periods, no weight gain, all good. This month I had to switch to Ortho Tri-Cyclen generic called TriNessa because of the discontinuation of Orth Tricyclen and I feel like a crazy person. It's only been a week but I've cried most days and I feel like it's made my pre existing anxiety worse. I also have gained three pounds in the last week or so on it. Did this happen to anyone else on making the switch? Is this normal? They're supposed to be the same drug so I'm surprised my body is reacting so much.”

Anonymous October 21, 2010

For Birth Control: “I am now 21 and have been on TriNessa since I was 15 years old, so 6 years on the same pill is a long time, obviously I love it. I originally was placed on the pill to control my VERY painful pains and cramps during my periods, and to help control acne. Eventually when I became sexually active when I was 18, the pill was also important as birth control. Never once have I ever had a "pregnancy scare" while on this pill. I have not noticed any negative effects, no excessive weight gain, or mood swings. The first few months I was on the pill, I had some spotting but after 3 months or so that stopped. Come time for my period week, my period was a lot less painful and I had lighter bleeding as well. Strongly recommended!”

Lynn129 August 14, 2014

For Birth Control: “The pill started great until everytime I take it I want to vomit all the time. Practically, had the experience of a pregnant woman. I gained weight, was expected and had terrible headaches don't go away for hours. Impossible to sleep without wanting to vomit. I've been having emotional problems feeling depressed and crying without reason.”

Butterflygirl08 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2013

For Birth Control: “So I've been on Tri-Nessa for almost 2 months,and each time i start a new pack i get bad stomach pains and then on week 2 everything is back to normal. Since I've been on it i vomited twice and anytime i eat something my stomach feels empty, even though i ate a lot. My periods have been coming on time and my face is clearing. My only problem is the bad stomach pains.”

Fullofsmiles March 21, 2014

For Acne: “I've been on this birth control for six months and I love it. I had acne all over my back and very few on my face. Within the first month my face cleared up and some on my back. Im now going on my seventh month and my whole back is clear. Ladies with acne definitely need to try this and Give it time to work”

Lizzie E. October 26, 2013

For Birth Control: “I've been on TriNessa for about two years and I love it. My skin is clear, my periods are usually only 4 days long with no severe cramps, and I haven't had any noticeable side effects like mood swings or weight gain. In fact I've lost almost thirty pounds in recent months through diet and exercise, so losing weight hasn't been an issue either. I've tried so many kinds of bc (the shot, the ring, other pills) and so far this one is my favorite.”

Anonymous March 18, 2013

For Birth Control: “I've seen a lot of negative reviews so I felt I'd share a good one. Ortho Novum 777 made my hair fall out, mood swings and weight gain. Switched to Trinessa. Hair stopped falling out, lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks, no mood swings, super happy all the time, flawless skin even tho Necon gave me acne but I don't have it naturally. Sex drive is through the roof which my boyfriend loves! No nausea, headaches or any other crazy things. GREAT PILL. You don't know until you try! Also, I'm 20 years old almost 21. Ortho Novum 777 and Lo Loestrin Fe had terrible side effects. Also took Reclipsen (Ortho-cept) for about 3 yrs no problems. ”

nadiaaa August 27, 2013

For Acne: “I'm 15 and I've been on Trinessa for about a month. I have NO side effects. I'm on the pill for acne and I'll tell you it does get worse then better. I had the worst breakouts when I first started it and I wanted too get off the pill but I was going be patient. Now my skin is improving. I recommended this for you. Try it.”

Liz999 July 24, 2013

For Acne: “After years of treatments for acne and my only option before mass treatment (Accutane), I tried TriNessa... it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Even if it took three months to notice improvement and first became worse than better, was worth it, 100%. It took almost 6 months to be almost clear. Be patient. Is worth it.”

marylikestodraw · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 17, 2013

For Birth Control: “I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about six years before switching to the IUD, which was awful. I got my IUD taken out, and was put on Trinessa. I love it! I loved Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo a lot, and since getting married, money has become more of a priority. It's free with my insurance! Loving it! Physically, my skin has never been more clear, I have less cramps/breast tenderness, and a shorter, lighter period. It's awesome!”

Anonymous October 12, 2009

For Birth Control: “I was on Tri-Nessa for 5 years never using any other form of birth control..no condoms or anything. I decided to switch birth control pills, 3 months later I got pregnant. Needless to say, I had the Doctor put me back on Tri-Nessa.”

nadiaaaa December 13, 2013

For Acne: “I love this birth control. I've been on the pill for about 6 months and I still have NO Side effects, well I do eat alot. I'm now 159 lbs but that's okay. I got on this pill for birth control but mainly for acne, and it works so great. It gets worse before it gets better, I recommend this pill for everybody. Try it.”

kac7xv December 22, 2010

For Acne: “I've only been taking Trinessa for a month, but so far I love it. I was getting very self conscious with my acne and I was originally going to take Ortho Tri Cyclen, but my doctor recommended Trinessa. I was VERY worried after reading some of these comments but I'm so glad I gave it a try! Sure, my skin is not perfect (it's not a magic pill), but its CONSIDERABLY clearer, and I have not had any nausea, headaches, or dizziness. My breasts have gotten a little sore (a couple of times) but its a small price to pay for clear skin. Try Trinessa.”

Mariah26 October 19, 2014

For Acne: “I have taken Trinessa for about 8 months and during maybe the first 2 I felt some nausea, but it quickly cleared my acne up and also helped with my heavy, painful menstrul cycle. I also noticed that I have a smaller appetite now and I have lost 15 pounds during the summer but I'm not complaining.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2014

For Birth Control: “I have only been on this medication for 3 weeks. Already I am an emotional mess. I'm exhausted all the time. Not to mention me and my husband were having sex almost everyday. My first week on it I didn't even want him to touch me. He said I seem detached. We tried I cant even get turned on. No sex drive what so ever. For the sake of my relationship and my sanity I have decided to stop taking it...”

Chelsc · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2015

For Acne: “Ladies do not give up, I have been searching for a year for something to heal my cystic jawline acne and chin and literally my skin was so disgusting I stopped being social because my self esteem was at the lowest it's ever been- let me tell you though- my dermatologist prescribed trinessa bc for my acne and at first it did nothing but make it worse and I felt hopeless but BY THE END OF THE THIRD MONTH oh my god! It was like a miracle!! My skin is glowing and I can say give it time because this really does work by month 3/4 you should see results up to 6 months but patience is key. I am so happy and I will never try anything else. All I use now for my skin care regimens is cetaphil for oily skin cleanser, and olay hydrating lotion.”

sugar berry March 24, 2010

For Birth Control: “I've been on Trinessa for a month and half now and I love it. There are so many bad reviews out there, I was really scared to try it but I'm so glad I did. I haven't had any negative side effects except for sore breasts but it's not even bad. I don't feel the soreness unless I press on them. I was on Necon 7/7/7 for a month before Trinessa, but it made me break out horribly. Trinessa started to clear it up the first week. Now my skin is almost all clear. I don't have mood swings or headaches because of it. Birth control pills affect every woman differently so you should definitely try it before deciding it's no good.”

Jho February 13, 2013

For Birth Control: “I was on the Ortho-tri-cyclen-lo for 4 years but my insurance won't cover it anymore so my doctor switched me to Trinessa. It's been almost a month I've been taking it and my husband and I loves it. I was scared at first because of the bad reviews sucha s weight gain and depression. But with me it's been good so far. NO headaches, I've lost weight because with Ortho I was bloated a lot. I'm more interested in sexual activities so my husband is happy with that. The only thing I don't really like is I'm a little bit more emotional but not moody or crabby.”

eccles227 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2014

For Acne: “I've been in Trinessa for about 3 months now. I had SEVERE inflammatory and prior to getting on Trinessa. I've always had moderate acne but after my small pox vaccination (required by the military to deploy to the middle East) My doctor prescribed this pill solely for my acne. It took about a month and a half of using it to really notice a difference but man when it kicked in it kicked in. I get maybe 2-4 pimples a week now vs 20 new ones. And the ones I do get are not nearly as big or as inflamed. Even when I'm in my period I get far less than I used to. This was a miracle for me!”

happy! June 7, 2011

For Acne: “I'm 15 and I've struggled with mild acne for a while and I've tried Proactive and tons of other products and now I use expensive dermatological products. I get facials and I even use an expensive Thermaclear zit zapper. I'm almost done with my 2nd month of these pills and I'm happy to say I don't have one zit on my face. I have no weight gain or anything. I'm taking this for my mild acne and since I'm only 15 it's not for the birth control but when I'm older I'm sure it will be good for that too. I used to be weeks late on my period also and now I'm on time. I'm very happy. Try this.”

Gabriella K. March 14, 2017

For Birth Control: “I have nothing but good reviews for this birth control! I was terrified of taking it because of the horrible reviews that I read before but I got on three weeks ago and haven't had any horrible side effects or any sides effects at all thank goodness. Only thing is my boobs feel bigger and fuller which is a plus and my acne is subsiding. Other than that, I love this birth control and will continue to take it!”

ladybug23 September 7, 2013

For Birth Control: “I am 23 with two little girls, got on the pill to have a nice sex life without the fear of becoming pregnant. It's been three months and my boyfriend says I have become real moody. I eat all day everyday if I was not on the pill, I would think I was pregnant. I started out 125lbs and so far I'm still 125 pounds. My skin is glowing and the best news of all I'm not pregnant again but at times I get really sad and depressed. This is something I never experienced in life so I'm dealing with it for now.”

Angie11 December 28, 2013

For Birth Control: “I was on Depo for six yrs and recently switched. So far I love this birth control. My skin is so clear and glowing. I have short periods but mild headaches and mood swings. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone because of the minimal side effects. I love that my weight is under control.”

Jennenay · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2014

For Acne: “I've always been lucky to have naturally flawless skin, but then the beginning of this year I got the most intense cystic acne on both of my cheek bones. It looked like I had an allergic reaction to blush. I tried everything, Proactive, dermatologists visits, prescribed medication, expensive products, facials. My skin other than my acne zones was soft and smooth but nothing was treating the actual problem on my cheeks. I decided to change my birth control. I was on Levora for a few years before switching to Tri-Nessa a few months ago. TriNessa took a couple months to fix the acne but I couldn't be happier! I'm just waiting for my skin to renew to get rid of the red. My confidence is back! Be patient it's worth it!”

Anonymous September 14, 2016

For Birth Control: “I've tried 5 different brands of birth control pills over the past 8 years, but I've finally found The One. Although I experienced some horrible nausea during the first 2 months, I've always been susceptible to nausea when starting a new brand of bcp, so I know to wait at least 3 months for your body to stablize. I'm now on my 4th month of TriNessa and I feel GREAT. No more nausea, no more mood swings - just crazy clear skin and babyless womb. Best of all though, and the reason I gave up on all the other brands I've tried: TRINESSA DOES NOT MAKE ME DEPRESSED. The other bcp made me suicidal and anxiety-ridden from the moment I started them. Ladies, our bodies are different but don't lose hope on the bcp that's perfect for you.”

Anonymous February 1, 2011

For Birth Control: “I love Trinessa I have had no negative side effects at all. It cleared up most of my acne scaring and I have been on it for 2 years now and had no pregnancy scares ever and I do it unprotected a lot. I would recommend this as a girls first pill to try.”