User Reviews for TriNessa

Ovarian Cysts
4.9

Summary of TriNessa reviews 6.2 423 reviews

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "I got on birth control for the very first time. I was on Trinessa. I got pregnant right away. I then had a miscarriage. I got back on Trinessa. Waited for about 3 months before having sexual relations. I'm pregnant again. I guess for me it just didn't work."

MyraJean (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Acne "I’ve been on this pill for exactly a month. It’s my first time ever being on birth control, so I didn’t really know what to expect BUT I’m very pleased with it so far! It’s helped my acne - which I’ve had since I was a sophomore in high school, I’m 21 now! Nothing I ever tried cleared it!! And trinessa has made it soooo much better in only a month. It’s also regulated my period. I do get nauseous and terrible mood swings but it’s not anything I can’t put up with. Some days are better than others, though lol. Overall very pleased with this birth control!! If you have acne and have had a hard time (like myself) trying to get rid of it - this is definitely the one!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been using this birth control since March 2018. I thought it was great. My periods were regulated only lasting 5 days. The only downside at the time, I was getting my periods in the middle of the pack. I just thought it was because it was new. As time went on I noticed my hair began to thin and become very brittle. I was bruising very easily and became tired all the time. Since August 1st I began my period and here we are now 4 weeks later and I still have it!! It is so heavy I am soaking a pad every hour. I have to wear a ultra super tampon and a pad but still leak through them. I have blood clots the size of golf balls. I have been to the ER and they said I'm bleeding because I'm anemic and I'm anemic because I am bleeding. My ob told me to take 2 of the pills a day until I stop bleeding. That was a week ago and my period is still as heavy and my clots have gotten worse. So now they are contemplating about doing surgery. I will never take this birth control ever again."

pleasemakeitstop (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Birth Control "First birth control I've ever tried and very pleased with it. Skin improved by about 90% and my awful cramps are virtually gone. Have not experienced any type of depression or anxiety. If anything I've had less because I'm less stressed out about my face and getting pregnant! May have slightly gained weight (around 10lbs) but I believe that is more because of changes with my exercise at this time. Side effects with birth control are highly variable. Don't be afraid to protect yourself!"

Anonymous August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Trinessa since I stopped breastfeeding my little one about 9 months ago. My periods have been heavier, and longer, and I’ve had stronger cramping than I did with my previous birth control. I’ve gained about 15 lbs since I started this medicine. I’m hungry all the time! And I get nauseous fairly regularly. Also, I’ve also been very depressed. I’ve always had a tendency to struggle with anxiety and depression, so I wrote it off to that, or maybe even postpartum, but I took some time off of this birth control and have came to realize that it may have been a big cause of my unhappiness lately. Going hand in hand with my depression, I’ve had no libido on this pill. Overall, the pill has done it’s main job because I’m not pregnant, but after the research I’ve done the negative side effects are going to cause me to change birth control."

B (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started taking Trinessa my skin began to break out and I began to have mood swings. After close to 2 months my skin cleared and was clear the remainder of my time taking the pill. I had to stop taking Trinessa because it caused EXTREME depression every time I got my period and made me very very emotional. I told my doctor and she told me to stop taking it immediately. Since stopping my skin is breaking out, I’ve had migraines and moderate cramping."

Lisa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2018

For Acne "I have been taking Trinessa on and off for 4 years. If you have severe acne, this will be the best thing for you. While taking Trinessa I have clear beautiful skin, however it does come with extreme nausea and I cry A LOT the week before my period but switching made me go from makeup free and blemish free face to severe acne all over my face in a matter of a month."

Des August 7, 2018

For Birth Control "THIS. PILL. ALMOST. RUINED. MY. LIFE. I managed to destroy countless relationships while on this pill - luckily, my mother (the only one willing to stick around when I became a sobbing, irritable and unbearable mess) told me to stop taking trinessa immediately. Within a matter of days my dark thoughts (which I was having for the first time in my life) disappeared. Although my friendships have been mended and my mental state is now back to normal - I am still dealing with the embarrassment and guilt I have over the way I acted. PLEASE, SPARE YOURSELF! I do not want anyone to experience what I went through."

Bluejeanbaby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Acne "So my dermatologist put me on Trinessa hormone birth control for my severe acne. I’ve officially been on it for a month although I have noticed some skin clearing 2 weeks in, I still get random breakouts on my cheeks and jawline. Along with that I’m definitely eating double than normal I feel I’ve gained like 8 pounds in this 1 month. I always want to cry lately, have crazy mood swings and sooo irritable. I started thinking maybe it’s the pill so that’s how I ended up on this site and you ladies confirmed what I thought"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I used trinessa for three years when I got married and it did the trick: didn't getting pregnant. However, immediately when I went off it to try and have a baby, I had a horrible cyst that ruptured. After going to the doctor, they said that it was due to going off of the birth control, and then cysts should only last a few months. It has been over a year now and I still get painful cysts every month which have contributed greatly to infertility. PLEASE consider your BC options before you take them."

hm_1994 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2018

For Birth Control "Used TriNessa for a little over a year, at the beginning I was satisfied with this pill. Throughout time I gained about 10 lbs. I've been really skinny my entire life and have difficulty gaining weight, so I was happy about that, my boobs grew too. I'm not prone to acne but it helped keep my skin clear. Got headaches here and there but nothing too severe. Eventually I had to stop taking it because it gave me major depression and had sad dark thoughts thoughts, I'm a happy person and didn't feel like my normal self at all. I also had 2 yeast infections during this time. Went back to my doctor and switched to Kariva."

Sasha (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2018

For Acne "I started this birth control my sophomore year of high school for my moderate (pushing severe) acne. Although it took a couple months, it’s worth the wait. Slowly but surely over the course of the year my acne was pretty much gone and my scarring is currently almost invisible. My gynecologist explained that this is a really good choice for troubled skin specifically, and since it is not a high grade birth control there is a much lower chance of getting blood clots or having a stroke. (which is nice to know)"

Anonymous July 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this. Acne was a little bad when first starting but it cleared as I started drinking more water while taking the pill daily. I haven’t had any weight gain at all, matter of fact I’ve been less hungry! Everything I eat pretty much fills me up. Although I have been way more tired and emotion then usual."

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Pros: No period cramps No acne Cons: I am a hormonal wreck I am always hungry I start my period if I miss one or two pills I’ve been taking trinessa for a year I do know they increased my appetite severely . They make me emotional ."

Kitty (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Trinessa just makes me extremely tired all the time, and hungry even after I just ate! I went from barely finishing 1 meal a day to wanting 3 and snacks in between. Not to mention the added on depression and EXTREME anxiety"

Lady anne (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Acne "Better than anything I’ve tried! Started trying birth control when I was a sophomore in High school. Tried lo loestren, depo shot, and a few others over the past 5 years. They all gave me horrible cystic acne, mood swings, extreme weight gain, etc UNTIL TRINESSA. Yes, it will take MONTHS for your body to get used to it & yes, your acne WILL get worse before it gets better, but this is a long term fix once you get used to it & take it the same time everyday. Everyone’s body reacts differently, but this is an 8/10 for me (which is better than anything else I’ve ever tried). I do get very bad side effects if I miss a pill or have to double up, but that’s my fault. I do get a minor bump here & there but if I ever get actual breakouts it’s because I’m eating dairy or unhealthy foods/not working out, not b/c of trinessa. It has also shortened my periods from sometimes even 7-8 days to 4-5 days. Some weight gain but it all went to my breasts so not complaining."

Penelope (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 6, 2018

"TriNessa pill is ok. I’ve had a slightly better experience than with others. In the first 30 days it was cool, didn't kill my libido, no vaginal dryness, no acne. Now I am 10 pounds heavier, that cystic acne is cranking up again, and I am BA-LOATED!! To the point where I look pregnant. I have also been dealing with some serious leg cramps, shooting pain up and down my leg. I'm going to hold off on taking this for a while."

LuLu (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I originally switched to this brand after having severe mood swings/increased depression while on seasonique. My doctor suggested to skip a month of the pills, which helped a lot. We determined the seasonique was not the best option. She prescribed me TriNessa, which has been a major step up since the seasonique. However, my acne has not changed any, and my sex drive is through the roof high. I’m likely going to be switching to an IUD after the next few weeks to solve the problem."

MM June 29, 2018

For Acne "I have always had long heavy periods and mild acne. I went on this birth control to help my periods and acne, and it did the opposite and added major mood swings. I have been on this pill for a month and my acne is so unbearably bad. I can’t stay on it any longer to wait out if it gets any better because of how bad it is. It did nothing but make everything worse!"

em (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Acne "I was on aubra for 4 months and I broke out on the jawline. I just switched to trinessa and I'M BREAKING OUT with cystic acne on my jawline, sides of my face, and also my forehead. I've gained about 3 pounds and its only been 3 weeks on my first pack. I do not know what to do. I also became less patient, cranky, moody, feeling sticky, and swollen. I don't know If I should continue taking it and give it some time....."

crrqazy (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I am now 37 years old with eight children. I had gastric bypass in 2012, I had originally started depo shot after my last daughter but my doctor was concerned with the possibility of weight gain so he switched me to Trinessa in February 2018. I have had longer harder periods since starting, I've had urinary tract infections every month since (Thought I wasn't drinking enough water and giving myself the infection) I've had cramping, weight gain , bad headaches, breast tenderness, and recently figured out I had swelling in my legs due to this drug. I figured it out after my 2 year old lost both my pills packets and my keys one day and we hadn't found them for almost 3 weeks! (Found them in the box of powder laundry soap on the dryer) At this point I figured I'd just wait a few days and get the new month worth of pills, so a day or so later I was in the bathroom every little while to urinate and I noticed that my legs were getting better! Which lead me here to see what side effects others have experienced!"

Cservin84 June 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for three years now, and absolutely love it. I first decided to take it due to harsh cramps during the beginning of each period, acne, and generic birth control. I've had no weight gain, my acne is pretty much non existent, and have never had issues with pregnancy or pain with periods since. It may not be for everyone, but it definitely helped me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using TriNessa for 2 years now, since my daughter was born. This is my first birth control, and I am using this one because the name brand one my Dr recommended isn't covered by my insurance. At first I thought everything was fine, and that my life was just adjusting to being a new mom, but I feel like the birth control contributes to my feelings of depression, like, I just can't shake it. I don't feel like myself and having a hard time feeling happy. I have horrible mood swings and it is putting a strain on my relationship with my husband, my libido is down the drain. While I haven't gained weight, its been difficult to lose it, which wasn't such a challenge prior to baby. I am very sensitive to smells, some things like air fresheners make me want to vomit. I get occasional nausea, but its random. The plus side is that my seasonal allergies seem to be gone, and I have successfully not become pregnant."

TheLovelyOne June 11, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I have issues where I’ve been bleeding vaginally after my abdomen surgery. It caused massive pain and anemia, so the effects were awful. I have been on another birth control, but it made me feel nauseated, so I decided to go for Trinessa since I was on it before. This pill gives me no awful side effects such as nausea or vomiting. I hate that this pill causes me to be underweight and gives me no appetite (which is apparently a good thing for most women). My anxiety has definitely increased, but I there are other factors that may enhance this effect. This pill fixed my random bleeding problems and helped my acne. Hopefully I will have better effects on the sister pill Mononessa."

Leo (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I first took this medication when I was 21-22 so about 2011-2012 stop taking it in 2013 just because no real reason. But while I had been taking it I had no real side effects or at least I hadn't notice. I was also on metformin I took at combo of both of these meds due to PCOS I was advised the metformin would make me ill. When I just stopped taking the meds I was able to regulate my PCOS this by diet when I stopped taking these medications. Then after a while I started slacking and becoming lazy etc so as a result my periods are back to being irregular. So I went back on trinessa as of 3/2018 but oh my gaaaawd I constantly feel sick sooo sooo sooo soo sooo sick I feel like at times I can't hold in my gagging. I'm 28 now and I regret my decision about having regular periods all because of this constant sick feeling due to trinessa"

jayjay May 24, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...