User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne 77 reviews 504 medications

Ovarian Cysts 4 reviews 55 medications

5.8
Summary of TriNessa reviews 353 reviews 6.3

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control pill I was ever put on. It was great for that purpose (controlling birth) but caused me to have WEEK LONG periods. Seriously, bleeding for 7 days straight. It was terrible so I got switched to a form of Loestrin. I never had issues with acne on this medication which was great, so definitely good for that. Maybe it was just me but I had to get off of it because the week-long periods were so terrible. Going to try mononessa next because I have bad acne right now. Wish I could go back to this expect I cannot deal with the periods it gave me..."

Shreyaaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Trinessa really worked well for me. I have PCOS and have always had really irregular periods. Trinessa fixed my irregular periods and cleared up my acne in about 3-4 months. I also have noticed that my mood swings have decreased since starting the medication."

Kschaefz October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hey ladies. I was using orthotricyclin for about 2 or 3 years. I absolutely LOVED it. Before birth control my periods used to be really heavy and sometimes I'd go 2 or 3 months with out one (Which is super scary if you're sexually active). On tricyclin my period started on the morning after I took the 3rd green pill every month. It was perfect. The new pharmacy I started going to didn't carry tricyclin, only trinessa. I was hesitant since my body was already used to the other birth control so I took about a year off. Just recently I started trinessa. On the first month, my period was normal. My depression and anxiety are MUCH better than when I wasn't using BC. On my second month now and everything is great! Can't tell a difference from orthotricyclin!"

Leigh0116 October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Not sexually active, so I can't tell how it helps in pregnancy prevention. It did stop spotting in between periods, but it destroyed my skin. Particularly along my jawline (jawline acne is typically hormonal), my skin broke out the entire duration of using Trinessa. It was the hard, painful acne that left behind dark marks when they had run their course. I stayed on the pill for three months to make sure it was a the pill causing the acne, and it was. During the placebo pill week when you get your period, my skin would clear up. Until I had to start the pill again, that is. Beyond that, my emotions were so out of whack on this pill that I was constantly on the verge of tears when I am a silly, easygoing girl who is extremely positive."

ARW2017D (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was on orthotricyclen which really cleared my skin but my new doctor decided to switch Bc on me to trinessa and I've been getting more than the typical one or two on my cheeks. And I never break out on my forehead but I started to with trinessa. Trinessa is horrible in helping acne!!"

Annoyed. September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "TriNessa was the first birth control I had ever been on. I took it for almost a year and had to stop. I suffer from anxiety and depression. My periods were really awful before TriNessa and when I started taking it they were easy and manageable. My skin was glowing and clear. TriNessa made my anxiety and depression so much worse. I cried all the time I had panic attacks and mood swings multiple times a day. I also gained about 15 pounds. I have not tried birth control since, I am so scared that it will be anything similar to trinessa because it isn't worth it."

bribri567989 September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I am 29 never been on birth control before.I recently started taking it due to painful periods due to uterine fibroids, I started taking it a month ago I would take it around 1pm and was the worst mistake ever could not control my emotions or mood was feeling foggy and in daze always tired could not concentrate always agitated. My friend suggested I start taking them at night before bed so I take them at 10 ish to 1030 now and makes a huge difference. I'm back to my old self now my periods last at least 5 days no where near bloating or the painful periods I've had before. I have not experienced any weight gain or any other negative effects besides the ones taking them during the day my breasts are sometimes tender but not a big deal."

Jlg07 September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Pros- predictable periods, clear skin Cons- 20lb weight gain, increased anxiety, worsened depression, very irritable, exhausted, insomnia and heavy, long periods."

Danielle1992 September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Trinessa for 9 months now, and will be starting Aviane this coming week. Trinessa worked wonders for me for several months. My skin was clear, mood was normal, periods weren't bad. Then, I developed a lump in my breast. I saw my doctor, who sent me to get a breast ultrasound. The ultrasound showed only normal breast tissue, but I had pain and tenderness for a long time. Later, I began having a pain on the right side of my pelvis. When it hurt I could even feel a rigid lump looming over the pain. I got both the pelvic and transvaginal ultrasounds and they showed no cysts or abnormal tissue. Total, I spent $1000 to get ultrasounds that have done nothing. Finally, I am getting off this pill. Hopefully that resolves my pain."

rross25 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Let's start off saying that medications work different for everybody. Personally it has not been bad for me like all of these other reviews. The first couple of weeks I did have mood swings, I was debating on stopping trinessa Lo, but I said maybe just my hormones need to regulate. Well they regulated. I started taking this birth control so I can stop getting hormonal break outs mid cycle. My acne wasn't horrible, I really just had oily skin and and a few cystic bumps that would leave red marks that looked ugly to me. I probably would get 7 a month? Something like that. Well the first 3 months I broke out a little more than usual. I had about 10 bumps on one cheek. On my 4th month and my skin is crystal clear!"

Bibiiii August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hey everyone. So I have been taking birth control for the last 8 years for my period. I was having a period every two weeks so I was put on the pill when I was 13. I am 21 years old now. I got put on Tri-nessa about two years ago. I don't remember the name of my birth control before then. But it worked so well for me, cleared my acne, easy periods, no problems....until last week. I got admitted into the hospital on Friday for a blood clot in my left lung. I have no family history of clots and I don't smoke so they ruled it that it was the birth control. I wanted people to know to be careful. Because I'm so young to have something like this happen. So please take with caution. It's a very slim chance but it happened to me."

Najdndufbfh August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using trinessa for 2 months now and my acne is almost completely nonexistent. I do get a couple zits around my period but other than that I'm cleared up. Only downside is that I start spotting a week before my period but I also haven't been taking for 3 months yet so I may stop spotting early. Other than that I don't have any noticeable symptoms and my periods are much more manageable, I used to have horrid cramps but not anymore!"

roraaa (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I absolutely love trinessa!!!! I am a 25 year old woman with no kids with previous issues of no period/late period/long period/breakouts all the time & constant bloating almost all the time. Trinessa has cleared my bloating, my acne, and my periods!!!! I absolutely love it!!! But I do remember at first it was the hell, I would have headaches and I would feel like I need to throw up "

C.ram15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started Trinessa because I had horrible cramps to the point where I would lay on the bathroom floor for days, and my doctor said that it would fix this. Although it lessened this symptom somewhat, I have had insane mood swings, depression, and nausea. Crying for no reason with depressing thoughts for 10-14 days is not worth a little less stomach pain every month. I'm going to try to switch brands soon."

:) (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched to this birth control after being on the same one for 7 years. I changed because my other one was giving me extreme headaches when I went to the sugar pill. Trinessa has given me horrible breakouts and I've always had really good skin. The main reason I will be switching is because of my horrible mood swings. I am annoyed and irate 24/7. It's horrible. I'm going to go back to higher dosage of pills to get my hormones under control."

Emma R August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was on the mini pill for about a year and really didn't mind it at all. However I was weaning my baby and had some breaking out so wanting to try the regular pill instead as recommended by my doctor. One month in and so far it is TERRIBLE. I get terrible cramps now, nausea all day, headaches and my emotions are out of wack! I already have slight depression and anxiety, this pill made it SO much worse. My acne is the worst it's been since I first had my daughter especially around my jawline. I am going to give it two more packs and then switch to something else."

Jessilynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for about 5 or 6 months. I've gotten extreme head aches and mood swings. I've never had a panic or anxiety attack before and every month I've been having terrible panic attacks. I also experience really bad bloating. I will be switching off of this pill!"

Megs.M July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Just finished my 3rd month, and I have not experienced any side effects besides a tiny bit of weight gain. It cleared up most of my moderate acne. Do not be discouraged by the dozens of terrible reviews, I felt the same way before trying it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Started taking this to avoid getting pregnant. First two weeks I had horrible headaches which would turn into migraines. I also started breaking out in acne everywhere. I have not had been skin since high school, but now its all over my face, chest, and back. Nothing helps to get rid of it. I drink plenty of water use the usual creams and soaps and still have acne in exactly the same places for the past month. Only plus is that my period is very light and only lasts four days."

Rhina Rae June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wanted to share my review with trinessa. I came here to read some reviews about 5 months ago or so I was scared to try this birth control my insurance made me switch from OrthoTriCyclenLo (after over 5 years). First month I immediately started breaking out like crazy and it only worsened as the time went by. By the third month I did not want to go out and show my face it was awful. But I did not want to give up on this birth control it should be almost indentical to ortho right so why wouldnt it work for me. I almost gave up on it until the fourth month my skin started to clear up. The redness is now completely gone my skin is soft glowing I am going into my 5th month now my skin feels amazing. I would suggest to give it some time."

OliviaAce June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Beware of this medication! I have never had so much bleeding in my life. I had to go to the ER because of it. I developed many blood clots and have never been so scared. I recommend another brand of birth control. Any birth control that has a history with giving women blood clots don't take it. Do your research, because you can get blood clots in other places too. I'm getting off it today."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this birth control for quite a while now, and it's made me very depressed. Especially when I'm alone and not doing anything I feel very sad and depressed. And every other month or so I'm bleeding abnormally. Though I don't have a period every month, I shouldn't be bleeding all the time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been on this pill for about 7 months-ish now. I went on it because condoms were too irritating for me and also because I had pretty bad acne. As a birthcontrol its great, my period is regular now for the first time in 24 years. Acne wise, its okay, my skin is MUCH better than before but its not 100% clear yet. I still break out here and there which I'm ok with, after struggling with severe acne for the past 13 years, 3-4 pimples a week is a walk in the park. After going on this pill I noticed I'm very emotional. I get upset very easily, I cry at sad videos, customers annoy the hell out of me, but I don't mind it too much. As far as side effects go they're all pretty mild and not as bad as I was expecting"

ytr6546 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I first started this birth control two years ago when I became sexually active. Children are not in my near future. Trinessa has been nothing but good for me! No bad side effects at all. I am a healthy 19 year old female and would recommend this drug to any woman who is looking to protect themselves."

Emily C. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Trinessa was great at first! I have always had pretty good skin and it has not altered that. I did not gain weight and my period was lighter. Unfortunately, I experienced a lot more cons than pros. First, I noticed that I was unable to control my blood pressure. It was to the point where I almost needed pills for my blood pressure and I have never had problem previously. Aside from the blood pressure I was over emotional. I'm a very outgoing person but I found it hard to be around others these past few months because I was annoying! I cried about everything. I was supremely jealous if my friends hung out without me, and I'm never like that. I would get sad in the middle of the day or night with no explanation. I feel a tremendous change after stopping"

ZayJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017