User Reviews for TriNessa (Page 3)

Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne 73 reviews 562 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 339 reviews 6.2

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "Before getting on this, I was experiencing severe acne after having tried a new skincare system & foundation. I didn't even know I was capable of having skin that bad. I was so embarrassed. I had never been on birth control before (I'm 21), but I was desperate. I had my doctor prescribe this to me. I would say for the first month or so, my acne got worse - especially around my chin area. I also had terrible mood swings and depression in the beginning, but I kept going and my skin started to get clearer. Then, right before starting my 5th pack, I broke out again. But it was like all the acne that had been underneath my skin came up and then disappeared. Now on month 6, I'm pretty much clear besides hyperpigmentation. Be patient!!!"

lll22 December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Before going on this birth control I had mild acne. I wanted to go on birth control to clear up my skin but Trinessa did the total opposite for me. It made my skin ten times worse. I would wake up every morning with a new huge welt somewhere on my face and horrible pimples around my mouth and jawline. I continued using this birth control in hopes that it was just an initial break out and it would clear up (like everyone said it would) but after 6 months my skin was still horrible. The day after I stopped using Trinessa my skin cleared up almost instantly. I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. It is horrible. Even after being off of it for almost four months I still have scarring. Please find a different birth control!!"

countrygirll346 December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I havent been on bc since I was 18 I'm on it now and I'm 29. I have stomach pain a lot I've been on it for 3 months so I'm hoping my body is still adjusting. Other than that cheap price and no other problems."

Sara12345678 November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Started this pill as a form of BC and for acne. Only on my second cycle and I no longer get cystic acne and my other bumps are completely gone. A few whiteheads here and there, but nothing terrible. Only complain I have is that skipping periods can be tricky on TriNessa. If you're looking for primarily an acne-reducer, try this pill!! No complaints for its affect on my skin."

Viva9009 November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on my 7th month now on this pill and it helps my adult acne at least 90%, I still get this occasional breakout before my period but it's very mild. I was very hesitant to try any birth control before because I'm very sensitive and I have tried some other ones before and I cannot even last over a week and I would get very sick like dizzy & the hot flashes. This pill have controlled my acne, my face used to be soo oily especially towards the end of the day and that experience totally stopped. I continue to stay active and control my intake like normal so I never gain weight, if ever I would gain a little weight that because I'm eating too much junk and not being disciplined. I think Trinessa changes my life a lot."

jeanx November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking TriNessa for about 4-5 months now and it hasn't been too bad. It's the first birth control I've ever used. I never have had bad acne at all but the first month I was on it I had terrible acne but that's normal and now I'm seeing I get acne more the week before my period on this pill. Also the first month and a half I noticed I was getting depressed but that went away. I've had a severe decrease in my sex drive to the point where I usually don't even want to masturbate but it's kind of coming back 5 months later. I haven't tested out its effectiveness yet because of my low drive. Other than the low drive I don't really have any problems with it, but if I forget to take it I will get a headache until I take it."

Emmy723 November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Ive been on the pill for 11 months. It did get rid of my cystic acne, but I always had little zits all month. I take the pill at night and for the first week it gives me bad nausea. I have headaches around my period. I have terrible mood swings. I have completely lost my sex drive. I like that my periods on 2 or 3 days, but I spot everyday half way through the pack. The pills not terrible but its not good for me."

clipperchic (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So I've had horrible acne since I was in middle school and starting junior year I decided I needed to get help. This really help acne wise -and my face has never been clearer, but I had horrible side effects. I got migraines for 2 weeks straight, I lost my appetite and I lost so much weight that people were asking if I was sick. Also being a teenage girl I don't need more drama then I already have but this pill sent me into depression I'm sad 90% of the time. But if you want this for acne I really recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "okay well ever since I have started this bcp I have noticed a decrease in my sex drive and i have lost my appetite. I am losing weight which it's really good for me because I could dowith losing a few lbs. But tbh I don't see the point in a bcp if you don't even have a sex drive anymore. I am gonna continue with this pill but maybe change after this month is over.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this medicine four months ago, and I've had the worst experience so far. My skin has cleared up and I haven't gotten pregnant, but otherwise the side effects are NOT worth it. I've gained 12 pounds since I've started, and I'm a petite girl who's weight never fluctuates. My face has swollen up like a chipmunk to where I can hardly smile anymore. I'm constantly bloated and there's no way to fix it. My sex drive has drastically decreased. Sure it's great I haven't gotten pregnant, but feeling so fat and bloated and insecure that it makes me want to stay inside and hide - NOT worth it!!"

Dallas101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control did has done its purpose in preventing pregnancy, but my side effects are awful. In the year I have been on the pill, I have gained about 15 pounds and my diet is very healthy and I'm active. This made my acne worse, I have sleepless nights, and I constantly struggle with being down and not being happy. I have been waiting it out to see if this would shift back to normal, but it hasn't. This might work for someone else but it has not worked for me."

anon50534 October 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have PCOS, and some of those symptoms include weight gain, hair loss, excess body/facial hair, irregular periods, and acne! I've always had acne. Not BAD acne, but enough that it bothered me. The kind of acne that hurts and lasts for weeks! I got put on TriNessa only 2 weeks ago and my face is CLEAR!! For the first time in my life and I'm 22. It was starting to get better within the first few days, MUCH better the first week, and now I'm only 2 weeks in and my acne is completely gone! Just a few little dark marks and a few acne scars on my cheeks but no actually pimples. I'm so relieved because you always hear horror stories about woman starting birth control and their acne getting so much worse before it got better.. but it didn't! YAY!!"

aprilerin September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on trinessa for about 10 months. I will say that as far as birth control goes it's pretty effective. My periods were basically 3ish days long and were super light AND most importantly I never got pregnant!! That being said I was extremely moody and went through a pretty bad depression. After reading some reviews I now realize that there are plenty of women who have had similar experiences. I've been off of trinessa for about a month now and my mood has had a drastic improvement. Now on to looking for a new birth control."

Pantalones (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've tried 5 different brands of birth control pills over the past 8 years, but I've finally found The One. Although I experienced some horrible nausea during the first 2 months, I've always been susceptible to nausea when starting a new brand of bcp, so I know to wait at least 3 months for your body to stablize. I'm now on my 4th month of TriNessa and I feel GREAT. No more nausea, no more mood swings - just crazy clear skin and babyless womb. Best of all though, and the reason I gave up on all the other brands I've tried: TRINESSA DOES NOT MAKE ME DEPRESSED. The other bcp made me suicidal and anxiety-ridden from the moment I started them. Ladies, our bodies are different but don't lose hope on the bcp that's perfect for you."

Anonymous September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this BC for 4 months now, and I LOVE it! I've tried other BCs in the past, but I have experienced no side effects on this one. I started this pull due to hormonal imbalance (abnormal periods and acne), and it has cleared up all of my problems. After being on Ortho Tri Cyclen, I was worried to try something else, because it made my blood pressure sky rocket. My doctor recommended a lower dose to see if it would not trigger high blood pressure. I have had no issues. Even if TriNessa is not for you, please try other pills and talk to your doctor. There is something out there for almost everyone!"

Changed My Life September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "As for preventing pregnancy, trinessa worked like a charm. I originally had began taking the pill to regulate my period, because I got them twice a month. As for physical side effects, they were minimal. I never gained any weight, never felt nauseated or sick. The only down side I found to the pill was, it made my patience go down to zero. So if something happened that normally I would blow over, I would get very angry and blow up. My mood swings were extremely bad, people just didn't want to be around me because of how angry it made me. I ended up getting off of it because of my mood swings, and my period stayed regulated. So that was a plus."

Meggs.123 August 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went to the doctor for a regular checkup and I told my doctor I had heavy bleeding and she prescribed me Tri-Nessa I started to take the pill and instantly felt horrible, headaches,worse cramps than ever and it's running my life. after my period ended I am still taking Tri-Nessa and it is horrible I bleed every day I have not had a break. I have to wear panty liners because I spot everyday. I have been on the drug for 2 months.slwo my period was only 5 days before I started taking the pill and now I'm about 2 weeks long I won't stop bleeding.the pill made me gain 2 pounds so far and my butt and breast have enlarged. but the medcine is not for me I would rather just live with regular heavy periods"

kayyllaa August 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Trinessa for the past 14 months now. It's the first oral birth control I've ever been on, so at first I thought it was normal. I knew when my period was coming, it kept me from getting pregnant, and it cleared up my face. However, ever since I've been taking it, my anxiety has reached a whole new level. Not to mention, I have depression for the first time in my life. I have had suicidal thoughts, I've felt my self esteem go down, and I've felt irritable towards nearly everyone in my life. It has affected a lot of my close relationships, such as my boyfriend who is constantly having to put up my depression and anxiety attacks. I would consider another pill if you have these issues."

Anonymous- August 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was taking Ortho-Tri cycles Lo for many years. I don't recall having any problems. Up until last year, for some reason my prescription changed to TriNessa because it was the "generic" version of Ortho. I went back to the doctors to get a refill last month and they put me on another generic brand this time of TriNessa. Within the first week of taking it I was getting bad migraines. The second and third week I was feeling nauseous all day with also bad stomach pain. I noticed I was feeling depressed and unmotivated. One thing that scared me was my mood swings. I wasn't aware of it at all until my boyfriend said I went from being happy to irritable within minutes. After not even a full month of taking this pill, I will be switching."

Anonymous August 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've came to my end of my first month on this, I started taking it to help reglate my period. It has helped do that! But the Anxitey and depression has been on high, I get crazy moods where I can't stand anyone & I don't want to be around anyone. I feel more bloded since taking them."

Anonymous August 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on trinessa for about 10 months and I have had a good experience! This is the first birth control ive ever taken. My whole life I have had very regular, easy periods. I used to have cramps the first day and would last about 6 days. now my period lasts about 4 days with and I don't have any cramps! My acne is loads better, my boobs got bigger. I gained about 5 pounds but have also slipped on my healthy eating/ working out so that could also be why. I take it at 7pm every night because I did feel slightly nauseous when I took it in the morning when I first started taking trinessa. I sleep great, my anxiety is actually better. Overall a good experience- my only complaint is that I seem to cry/ get more emotional over silly things!"

Chelstom July 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on all kinds of birth control since having my son 21 years ago. I got on Trinessa cause my current insurance doesn't cover for the Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo I was on before. I'm almost 40 and have had a problem with acne my whole life, even while being on the Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo. Well I am VERY happy with Trinessa because my face has cleared up & looks beautiful for the 1st time in my life! My periods only last 4 days which is awesome. So far I've been on Trinessa almost a year & will definitely continue it."

Marlys16 July 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I went back on birth control hoping to alleviate some of my acne (I'm 26) and the first month of being on Trinessa was terrible – headaches, nausea, heartburn – and now that I'm nearing the end of the second month I'm experiencing weight gain all over – I can't fit into my bras, my waist is thicker, etc. and the acne is still present, although slightly better. I'm calling my doctor to see about switching brands."

Lou26 July 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-Cyclen before I moved and lost health insurance. Immediately after losing health insurance, my doctor moved me to Trinessa, the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, without consenting me. I liked Ortho TCLo because I had no side effects and it cleared my adult acne. I cannot stand Trinessa. Although my acne is still clear, my mood swings are unpredictable and heavy. I am normally a strong and reliable person. I am constantly dealing with jaded, cynical thoughts, oversleeping and utter lack of positivism. I will be switching back to Ortho TCLo even though the costs are astronomical without health insurance."

Anon_2016 July 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So, I am only within my first month and this is SCARY. I have always had bad acne, but within this first month it has made it worse. The kind of cystic acne I get now, I cannot get rid of as soon as I used to be able to. Most pimples would go away for about a week and these have lasted for a month almost. I am also starting to take tretinoin and doxycycline in addition to the birth control because I feel so hopeless. Please, someone tell me this is supposed to happen? You know? Worse before better? Thanks."

TylerR123 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016