User Reviews for TriNessa (Page 3)

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 11 reviews 162 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 265 reviews 6.5

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "This is the first pack for Trinessa. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclin Orange since my 6 week appointment after I had my 3rd baby, (so about July is when my appt. was) and my insurance just now made me switch to Trinessa. I don't think I like it. Since taking it, I have constantly felt like I got a lump in my throat and my diaphragm area and decreased my appetite, so I'd put that in the nausea category. I just don't know if I should just wait it out, or call my OB office and ask them for something different or what. I mean I'm only going to be on this til like Dec. or Jan., because me and my fiance would like 1 more, and wanted to wait til our baby is at least 18 months before we tried again. Then after that baby is born, I'm going on the Depo."

Momma89 January 27, 2016

For Acne "I have no idea what's going on.. I started Triness mid-September and it started to clear up my acne beautifully within 2 months. Best skin I've ever had! Since mid-December until now, however, I've completely regressed, horrible acne on my face and breakouts on my back as well. Has anyone else had the experience of it working, then not? Or any suggestions of whether to switch to Ortho Tri Cyclen instead of the generic?"

Help? (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

For Acne "This is my third month into Trinessa. I can't say I hate it, and definitely can't say I love it. During my first 2 weeks I experienced very awful breast tenderness (making roller coasters at the time not a pleasant experience) and some nausea and major headaches. My first period on this was a little hellish, but my periods before the pill were 8 long, heavy days. I was put on this pill for my acne. Before the pill, I always got acne before and after my period on my forehead (cystic) and when I started this pill I started only getting whiteheads (which is doable). It's the week after my period, and for 3 long weeks I've had awful cystic acne on my chin and forehead. I am planning to give the pill at least 3 more months."

Anonymouspn January 22, 2016

For Birth Control "Is there a minus 0? I am only writing a review to remind myself to never to take this med again! Omg. 2 wks before my period is due, my face flushed, broke out in worst rosacea, skin scaled, then pimpled, now that my skin is going getting better, my breast enlarged about 5 pds more, overall body weight gain about 5 pds more mid body, waist, I've felt bloated about half month. Oh yes. I also woke up with a swollen face, experienced migraines that kept on knocking me down. energy level is gone. never again tri-nessa."

conee January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for about 8 months straight and I went off now I am currently back on and I absolutely love it. No weight gain, no acne, lighter shorter periods. The only thing is when I first started taking it, I spotted for a month, which is normal. Other than that, I love it."

Deeeeeeeeee (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have I have been taking tri ness for only a couple of days now and my breast are really tender and sore they hurt , sudden movement they hurt . Thinking maybe I should take a pregnancy test or for sure it might just be the pill ."

Jamielynnrod January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on trinessa for a year now I've never experienced any weight gain or nausea also it's done a good job preventing pregnancy for me. What I like most about it is out of the 10 different birth controls I've tried trinessa has kept my skin the clearest. I've had no bad experience with trinessa I do have slight mood swings here and there but Nothing too extreme."

Jeanamarie15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Trinessa in the past for acne and it had worked beautifully. I went off of it for 2 years and just got back on and am on pack 2. Unfortunately, I am having a terrible time adjusting. I spotted (or straight up just bled) for the entire first pack. I am struggling with anxiety and random panic attacks and constantly feel depressed. I'm also breaking out in hives. I've been taking the pill at night and like clockwork, I breakout just shortly after I take the pill."

Re-do (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Acne "First month on trinessa and I can say I have no complaints what so ever it makes my skin glow I may get like up to 3 pimples max during the time of the month. I have struggled with acne 5 years and this is the best ive seen my skin in years"

best acne treatment so far January 8, 2016

For Birth Control "My overall experience with this birth control was terrible. I had a false pregnancy and was moody and over emotional. The only 2 things good about this pill was it did keep my skin clear and my periods were very light. But with the weight gain/false pregnancy thing my obgyn said the hormones in this pill were too high for my system. She switched me to an ultra low dose and the bloating was gone in no time."

Linzee83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2016

For Acne "2nd review (2nd month on trinessa). In my first review I gave a 1star because I got TONS of cyst acne in the first 3 wks of taking Trinessa. I'm now on my second month and my cysts seem to be slowly disappearing or at least shrinking and I haven't gotten any new cysts. I'm starting to feel a bit more positive with this BC."

Jessica Trinessa not for me? (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I was on trinessa for about 2 to 5 years. I loved it for the first few years. My cramping intensity went down to where I could go out and function without any problems. My period was very regulated to where I can predict the exact day and almost the time. It didn't help with my acne at all. After about 3 years I'm starting to have cramping again to where I have to stay in in the bed. And my regulation is off. So it's really good while it lasts."

mystic 0313 December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Not good at all. I just started my 3 pack and I'm taking myself off of it. Experience has been horrible. I've had unbelievable mood swings since the start. Major breast tenderness, my PMS starts about 2 weeks early. Lots of chin acne. Nausea every single night. Slight weight gain. But my worst side effect is my hair started falling out. Literally in clumps. I have very very thick hair and it's noticeably thinner. My mother noticed just by looking at my hair line and my hairdresser also confirmed it was significantly thinner. Unfortunately I have to be on a birth control otherwise I have to many issues without it, however I've taken myself off of this and thrown away my last pack. I know pills work different for everyone but I would not reco"

Jamie-Lynne December 20, 2015

For Acne "Ladies do not give up, I have been searching for a year for something to heal my cystic jawline acne and chin and literally my skin was so disgusting I stopped being social because my self esteem was at the lowest it's ever been- let me tell you though- my dermatologist prescribed trinessa bc for my acne and at first it did nothing but make it worse and I felt hopeless but BY THE END OF THE THIRD MONTH oh my god! It was like a miracle!! My skin is glowing and I can say give it time because this really does work by month 3/4 you should see results up to 6 months but patience is key. I am so happy and I will never try anything else. All I use now for my skin care regimens is cetaphil for oily skin cleanser, and olay hydrating lotion."

Chelsc (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for a little under a year for the main reason to prevent pregnancy, but to also help regulate my period. Before I started the pills, I would have horrible cramps and long, heavy periods and now other than heavy nausea in the first week and some diarrhea, my periods are short and rather light. This is the only pill I have ever been on and I can say that it does make me more emotional and sick at times, but no pregnancy! It does the job with little side effects: nausea and diarrhea."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

For Acne "My doctor had switched me to to Trinessa (as it was completely covered by my insurance) about 2 years ago. It cleaned up my acne gave me soft beautiful skin. Light periods. And my cramps went away. But about 6 month ago I noticed I was getting pimples at the time of my period. No big deal because the went away at the end of my period. However the last couple of months I've had really bad breakouts on my chin and they are not going away! I guess every good thing comes to an end"

It did work (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this bc when I was about 17 years old. I had few side effects but over the course of a few months I started developing UTIs. I'd never gotten one previously but at the time I didn't associate it with the bc pills. The UTIs become frequent, multiple UTIs within a month even peeing after intercourse, taking cranberry supplements, wearing looser clothing, etc. After a couple years my prescription ran out (away at college). The UTIs immediately stopped and I haven't experienced one since. Another long term side effect I experienced was depression and irritability. I was treated for that and am still recovering from the depression. I've been off the pill for over a year now and things are finally just now normalizing."

Maddie.n.d (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "Migraines and more migraines. I was getting up to 4 migraines a month to the point I started a headache log. I never put two and two together until I mentioned my frequent migraines to my doctor and he told me to go off Trinessa immediately, as it may cause stroke during migraine. Alarming, to say the least. I wasn't convinced that my migraines were related to Trinessa, but now that I've been off it for well over a month with zero migraines, I know that was the cause. I suppose it did its job in regard to the cysts (I have a hysterectomy, so I didn't need it for BC reasons), but the migraines and decreased sex drive were no fun at all. I was blaming hormones, but I was mistaken."

freefrompain (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

For Acne "I started taking TriNessa 3wks ago to help with my cyst acne and my cyst acne is so bad! My jaw line is ten times worse than it was so I’m really on the fence as to whether this was a good idea ☹ . I literally went from having one or two cysts during my period to now having ten on one side of my face and 5 on the other side the entire month! I’m getting a new one every day and they are so painful I have to ice them down at night and in the morning. I’ve read reviews that said things got worse before they got better and I really hope this is the case and I hope there won't be any scaring. I’ll update this review in a month."

Jessica Trinessa not for me? December 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Trinessa for maybe two years. I've changed birth control multiple times because I wanted to try something that would give me less periods. When my doctor and I discovered fewer periods a year wasn't working for my body, she put me on Trinessa. From the start I have had nausea so bad it wakes me up in the middle of the night for the first few pills of the pack. I have been getting infections such as BV and UTI's. I have never ever had any of those infections or any problems with my vag before starting this birth control. Periods are still heavy, cramps are really bad.My sex drive is just gone. My boyfriend thinks I find him unattractive or that I'm with someone else and cheating on him. Only good thing, no babies"

FourEyes4Life (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2015

For Acne "Went on this to try and get my hormonal acne under control, and while it took about six months to get rid of my acne, I couldn't be happier with it now. (I've been on it for about eight months, and now I don't have any cysts or whiteheads. It feels like a miracle!)"

ginnyoh November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for three years now. I love it. I do have mild nausea at the beginning of the cycle if I don't eat much but other than that it works pretty well. Overall I really like it. I had problems with weight gain before I started taking it and it has caused me to lose weight and if I don't eat enough I will just keep losing a ton of weight. I don't get headaches from it and no abnormal bleeding. The only thing I might have to say negative is that I get pretty Moody sometimes. I used to be happy go lucky before I took this and now I'm more emotional. Maybe it's just me getting older. I've been on it so long I can't really tell!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "On my first pack of Trinessa. I had slight nausea the first night of taking the pill and a headache the next day but otherwise, no side effects. I haven't gained any weight or broke out at all. No crazy mood swings either! I was terrified to try this pill because of the awful reviews but I have been totally normal."

lc15 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this for about two years. I gained 20lbs from it. But I needed to regulate my period. Also my thyroid levels always changed drastically on this, while off it not too bad. Trinessa also made my breast hurt so bad, showers were horrible with the water hitting them. I feel bloated half the month and irritated that this is the only birth control I can afford because Insurance won't cover even with my condition. Also my eyes always were dry and itchy."

Hashimotos and PCOS help, not! (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I just started this last week and I've had the worst nausea in the world ,can't even sleep I take it at night and wake up feeling really unwell . I'm taken it to regulate my period but I swear it's not worth it I want to stop but idk if I should wait to see if it would go away, I'm extremely emotional and grumpy .I get mad for anything and cry for anything it's ridiculous ! I don't know what to do ! Help ?!"

Girl17 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2015