User Reviews for TriNessa (Page 3)

Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne 53 reviews 523 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 274 reviews 6.3

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "First pack on trinessa and I can honestly say that I'm gonna see if I can switch back to Ortho Tri Cyclen. My period usually lasts 4-5 days but since I've started it has lasted 7. I have been so emotional and it has been affecting my relationships with close ones. I have never felt like this and I believe that it is because of this pill. Also, I read that a lady experienced a lumpy feeling in her throat. I felt the same feeling a couple of days ago!! Definitely contacting my physician ASAP! I understand that everyone is different but ladies do your research before taking this pill!"

Kemkem March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I have no problem with Tei-Nessa- I'm sexually active with my boyfriend and I'm not wanting a child so it's done its job so far! I began bc in 2010 and first started taking Tri-Specta (cepta? It was in 2010, I forget lol) and, wow. I had dramatic mood swings it was incredible- I spoke to my dr to which she recommend the trinessa and I've been on it since. I've never been super acne prob but I occasionally get breaks but just a zit or two, nothing bad and usually right before or right after period. No huge cravings. I've actually lost 24lbs since 2010 so I can't say it's made me gain weight (a lot of other factors prob play a roll with this as well.) BC is BC so no one "likes" it, but I'd give it 9/10"

Jen11841 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 3, 2016

For Birth Control "1st pack down- I love it!! Clear skin, prevents pregnancy. I did get extremely large beasts and they were very tender, but if it made them larger I don't mind the tenderness."

Becca-VetTech February 29, 2016

For Acne "I'm currently on my first pack of this new BC (took the last light blue pill and gonna start the dark blue ones tomorrow.) As of now my face is exploding with painful acne all over. I almost want to stop treatment right now. I know some ratings say to wait until month 3-6 to actually see any results. I haven't really noticed any major issues expect nausea in the beginning with TriNessa. ~sigh~ I'll continue treatment. Has to get worse before it can get better right? Does anyone have any suggestions for an acne routine to help with this painful explosion?"

Explosion February 27, 2016

"Trinessa was an awful experience for me. I wasn't on it very long until I started having bad side effects. I had vaginal itching, mood swings, depression and increase in acne. After experiencing depression I soon quit taking it and my period started. Trinessa had also caused my period symptoms to be much worse."

Holly12455 February 26, 2016

For Birth Control "This my first time taking this birth control , i was on depo years back , i didnt like depo because i'd bleed for like almost 2months til my NEXT SHOT smh. I Haven't Had Any Nausea , Mood Swings ? I Cant tell because i have those anyways . Only Thing I dont like is My cycle seems long smh its not heavy. its light enough for a panty liner .... thats the only thing i dont like."

T.T (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2016

For Birth Control "This worked really well to regulate my periods for about a year and a half but recently it has seemed to stop working. My periods are back to being as irregular as they were before I took the pill. It also made the nausea I get during my periods much worse. I am currently only taking it for clearing my acne (be warned my acne came back only a week after being off of it and was much worse than before) and till my prescription ends."

Lorena Verde (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

For Acne "Ok well I just started this less than a week ago and I can't tell if my acne is getting better or worse my periods are definitely lighter and less cramps but I'm breaking out on my cheeks (I've only gotten the occasional pimple on my cheeks). I notice my chin is clearing up a little bit which is good compared to my usual 10 spots on it now I just have 2. Although not only are my cheeks breaking out but my forehead is kinda more bumpy than usual. I'll have to wait a little more and see, I heard it gets better with time."

Lauren D February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I have irregular menstrual cycles I've started taking Trinessa to help regulate my cycle, I am only on my 2nd week but I don't like the side effects. I am nauseous all day and it affects my mood shortly after taking it, I go from happy and productive to moody and sluggish. I also have headaches, muscle and breast soreness. I have not stop bleeding either I have been spotting the entire time and as I go along it seems to get heavier. I was not expecting for it to start working to stop my elongated period immediately but the all day nauseous and mood change is the worst, I will try to complete the month but I not sure if the is the option for me."

In my feelings February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the first pack for Trinessa. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclin Orange since my 6 week appointment after I had my 3rd baby, (so about July is when my appt. was) and my insurance just now made me switch to Trinessa. I don't think I like it. Since taking it, I have constantly felt like I got a lump in my throat and my diaphragm area and decreased my appetite, so I'd put that in the nausea category. I just don't know if I should just wait it out, or call my OB office and ask them for something different or what. I mean I'm only going to be on this til like Dec. or Jan., because me and my fiance would like 1 more, and wanted to wait til our baby is at least 18 months before we tried again. Then after that baby is born, I'm going on the Depo."

Momma89 January 27, 2016

For Acne "I have no idea what's going on.. I started Triness mid-September and it started to clear up my acne beautifully within 2 months. Best skin I've ever had! Since mid-December until now, however, I've completely regressed, horrible acne on my face and breakouts on my back as well. Has anyone else had the experience of it working, then not? Or any suggestions of whether to switch to Ortho Tri Cyclen instead of the generic?"

Help? (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

For Acne "This is my third month into Trinessa. I can't say I hate it, and definitely can't say I love it. During my first 2 weeks I experienced very awful breast tenderness (making roller coasters at the time not a pleasant experience) and some nausea and major headaches. My first period on this was a little hellish, but my periods before the pill were 8 long, heavy days. I was put on this pill for my acne. Before the pill, I always got acne before and after my period on my forehead (cystic) and when I started this pill I started only getting whiteheads (which is doable). It's the week after my period, and for 3 long weeks I've had awful cystic acne on my chin and forehead. I am planning to give the pill at least 3 more months."

Anonymouspn January 22, 2016

For Birth Control "Is there a minus 0? I am only writing a review to remind myself to never to take this med again! Omg. 2 wks before my period is due, my face flushed, broke out in worst rosacea, skin scaled, then pimpled, now that my skin is going getting better, my breast enlarged about 5 pds more, overall body weight gain about 5 pds more mid body, waist, I've felt bloated about half month. Oh yes. I also woke up with a swollen face, experienced migraines that kept on knocking me down. energy level is gone. never again tri-nessa."

conee January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for about 8 months straight and I went off now I am currently back on and I absolutely love it. No weight gain, no acne, lighter shorter periods. The only thing is when I first started taking it, I spotted for a month, which is normal. Other than that, I love it."

Deeeeeeeeee (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have I have been taking tri ness for only a couple of days now and my breast are really tender and sore they hurt , sudden movement they hurt . Thinking maybe I should take a pregnancy test or for sure it might just be the pill ."

Jamielynnrod January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on trinessa for a year now I've never experienced any weight gain or nausea also it's done a good job preventing pregnancy for me. What I like most about it is out of the 10 different birth controls I've tried trinessa has kept my skin the clearest. I've had no bad experience with trinessa I do have slight mood swings here and there but Nothing too extreme."

Jeanamarie15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Trinessa in the past for acne and it had worked beautifully. I went off of it for 2 years and just got back on and am on pack 2. Unfortunately, I am having a terrible time adjusting. I spotted (or straight up just bled) for the entire first pack. I am struggling with anxiety and random panic attacks and constantly feel depressed. I'm also breaking out in hives. I've been taking the pill at night and like clockwork, I breakout just shortly after I take the pill."

Re-do (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Acne "First month on trinessa and I can say I have no complaints what so ever it makes my skin glow I may get like up to 3 pimples max during the time of the month. I have struggled with acne 5 years and this is the best ive seen my skin in years"

best acne treatment so far January 8, 2016

For Birth Control "My overall experience with this birth control was terrible. I had a false pregnancy and was moody and over emotional. The only 2 things good about this pill was it did keep my skin clear and my periods were very light. But with the weight gain/false pregnancy thing my obgyn said the hormones in this pill were too high for my system. She switched me to an ultra low dose and the bloating was gone in no time."

Linzee83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2016

For Acne "2nd review (2nd month on trinessa). In my first review I gave a 1star because I got TONS of cyst acne in the first 3 wks of taking Trinessa. I'm now on my second month and my cysts seem to be slowly disappearing or at least shrinking and I haven't gotten any new cysts. I'm starting to feel a bit more positive with this BC."

Jessica Trinessa not for me? (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I was on trinessa for about 2 to 5 years. I loved it for the first few years. My cramping intensity went down to where I could go out and function without any problems. My period was very regulated to where I can predict the exact day and almost the time. It didn't help with my acne at all. After about 3 years I'm starting to have cramping again to where I have to stay in in the bed. And my regulation is off. So it's really good while it lasts."

mystic 0313 December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Not good at all. I just started my 3 pack and I'm taking myself off of it. Experience has been horrible. I've had unbelievable mood swings since the start. Major breast tenderness, my PMS starts about 2 weeks early. Lots of chin acne. Nausea every single night. Slight weight gain. But my worst side effect is my hair started falling out. Literally in clumps. I have very very thick hair and it's noticeably thinner. My mother noticed just by looking at my hair line and my hairdresser also confirmed it was significantly thinner. Unfortunately I have to be on a birth control otherwise I have to many issues without it, however I've taken myself off of this and thrown away my last pack. I know pills work different for everyone but I would not reco"

Jamie-Lynne December 20, 2015

For Acne "Ladies do not give up, I have been searching for a year for something to heal my cystic jawline acne and chin and literally my skin was so disgusting I stopped being social because my self esteem was at the lowest it's ever been- let me tell you though- my dermatologist prescribed trinessa bc for my acne and at first it did nothing but make it worse and I felt hopeless but BY THE END OF THE THIRD MONTH oh my god! It was like a miracle!! My skin is glowing and I can say give it time because this really does work by month 3/4 you should see results up to 6 months but patience is key. I am so happy and I will never try anything else. All I use now for my skin care regimens is cetaphil for oily skin cleanser, and olay hydrating lotion."

Chelsc (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for a little under a year for the main reason to prevent pregnancy, but to also help regulate my period. Before I started the pills, I would have horrible cramps and long, heavy periods and now other than heavy nausea in the first week and some diarrhea, my periods are short and rather light. This is the only pill I have ever been on and I can say that it does make me more emotional and sick at times, but no pregnancy! It does the job with little side effects: nausea and diarrhea."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

For Acne "My doctor had switched me to to Trinessa (as it was completely covered by my insurance) about 2 years ago. It cleaned up my acne gave me soft beautiful skin. Light periods. And my cramps went away. But about 6 month ago I noticed I was getting pimples at the time of my period. No big deal because the went away at the end of my period. However the last couple of months I've had really bad breakouts on my chin and they are not going away! I guess every good thing comes to an end"

It did work (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015