User Reviews for TriNessa (Page 3)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne

Ovarian Cysts
5.8

Summary of TriNessa reviews 6.3 359 reviews

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "This medication definitely reacts differently for everyone. This is my ninth birth control I've been on in my life. I used to get cystic acne terribly on my face and every birth control has had a different side effect for me. This one has been pretty bad. I no longer have terrible cystic acne on my face, but now it has appeared all over my back. Also, if you are taking depression medication, I really don't recommend. This has absolutely made me more depressed and I've also gained a lot of weight after almost 3 months of it. I think the pill makes me need to emotional eat."

Livmich February 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill for about 3 weeks now and I recently started getting some side effects. My breasts are really sore (hurting) and they feel really tender. I feel bloated and I even look bloated. I also noticed I get really nauseated at night. Also my contact lenses just recently started bothering me. They are getting dry and they feel like I have something in my eyes but I don't. My face has cleared up though! I just really hope these bad side effects don't last too long cause it really sucks and my body doesn't feel the same! :("

Sarah Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking TriNessa for YEARS! I believe I started this pill at 17-18 and I'm now 30. I do notice some of the symptoms mentioned (bloating and emotional) however I don't expect the pill to fix that as it's part of menstruation. The week before the placebo pills I get emotional and super bloated but that goes away after my cycle. I would suggest this pill as it's the best one yet for me."

Erika B (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have taken Yasmine and the patch before and had to stop at 2 weeks because I immediately started experiencing side effects such as weight gain, nausea, vomiting, depression, decreased sex drive. In addition wearing the patch, gave me back pain and lots of soreness at the patch site. The IUD came out, after my uterus kept contracting (total failure). I recently started taking TriNessa (started 1st Sunday of my period @8pm every night) and this is my 5th day. So far I am only feeling very mild nausea. I have noticed I feel more energetic than before so I am wondering if this might be actually balancing my hormones, I been having irregular periods (2xmonth). I will update to see if it helps with my irregular periods and of more side effects."

Jramos86 February 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on TriNessa for about six months now. I used to take microgestin but I was getting two periods a month so my doctor switched me to this one. The first month or two my face broke out horribly, honestly I was debating getting my doctor to switch me to another one. With some time, I'm guessing my body got used to the hormones and now my face is super clear, we're talking I maybe get a pimple around my period but that's it. I now only get my period once a month, honestly this is a blessing because pads and tampons are expensive. The only thing is that it didn't really do much for alleviating cramps or the flow of my period. I still get it for roughly the entire time I'm on the inactive week."

sabrinaherex (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 28 and have taken Trinessa for 2 months. The first month I noticed I was pretty emotional as is crying a lot feeling very depressed especially the week before the placebo pills, also really painful periods that I thought bc pills usually help I'm on the 2nd pack and it's the week before my period, I cried for 2 days and actually felt like I didn't want to be around anymore. I never thought a pill could make you feel that way but I found other reviews that said the same. I just could not figure out why I was feeling like a crazy person until I realized its once again the week before my period. Please just be careful if you have any depression to start with. Pros, clear skin and no weight gain."

JJW12 February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Trinessa Low for over a year now. I'm 19 started at 18. It is terrible for about the first 2 months. Bloating, nauseous, breast growth, drained sex drive from 8/10 to a 1/10. However, it is very effective and forgiving. The symptoms don't go away fully but do mild down after the two months. Still have about no sex drive."

Cam Fett (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for years as the generic to OrthotriCyclin. It was free compared to the expensive version. I have not noticed issues with this pill at all, at least not that are very noticeable. I think the mood swings and emotional distress others are mentioning would happen with or without any BCP because of PMS. My skin breaks out only the week before my cycle starts, but nothing crazy. I don't have breast tenderness, cramps or discomfort either. The periods are light and painless as well. I do notice the bloat like clockwork a week prior to the period, but it is what it is. I have not gotten pregnant while on the pill though my guy and I are highly fertile, so it's obviously working. Overall I'm happy with it."

Trithisfn February 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I just finished my first month on this pill and so far so good. I was on Tarina fe 1/20 but it broke me out HORRIBLY so my doc switched me to trinessa. No weight gain, no stomach pains, no increase in acne AND no baby. Hopefully in a few months it'll clear my skin. A lot of ppl are saying this pill made them gain weight, I actually lost some & my boobs got a teeny bit fuller (not much tho). Without ins I pay $20 per pack at PP."

woonie12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Tri Nessa in November and this is by far THE WORST PILL ever. During the first and second month of taking this pill I was super naseous and I experienced terrible ovulation pain if I did not take my pill at the exact time everyday. Currently, I have horrible mood swings, depression, and my skin is breaking out like crazy. The only thing this pill didn't do was gain weight. Going to my doctor next week to change my bc plan."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on trinessa for about a year and just got off it. While being on trinessa I noticed more a lot of mood swings and changes in my libido, all which started when I started on the pill. My period became a lot lighter and a lot shorter- usually only 2 days. I didn't gain weight or have issues with acne. Certain times of the month my breasts also seemed larger and tender. (Not 100% sure if it was just from it being a certain time of the month or the pill though) The only things I didn't like with this medicine is the mood swings, but again, I knew what to expect and when to expect it and when it was happening. That and remember to take them at the same time everyday."

Courtster (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking trinessa for 10 days for birth control/acne/regulating my period. So far I've lost 11 lbs. The first 5 days I had awful mood swings and barely had an appetite for anything. It's odd for me to lose so much weight cause I'm not overweight and have never lost this much weight in 10 days but otherwise it's going okay! Haven't noticed a difference in my acne but time will tell!"

Ellllllllle January 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 19 and this is my first birth control pill and it has worked great!!! I've been on it for a little more than 4 months. Pros: • no pregnancies • didn't change my (mostly) clear skin • no missed periods • cramps are less painful • no side effects after first month • no change in sex drive (if anything it increased lmao) Cons: • on the FIRST MONTH I had nausea, decreased appetite, random cramps, increased anxiety (and I already have anxiety disorders) • period flow is still the same • period still lasts 4-5 days • random bloating (I don't mind it tbh) • my belly is a bit bigger ¿?"

AnonymousPRican (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for 4 days, but so far so good. My face has been clearing up, I haven't noticed any weight gain and haven't noticed any major changes in my mood. Before trinessa I tried minastrin and it was the worst experience of my life. I had to stop after day 4 because I had HORRIBLE mood swings/depression/anxiety to the point where I almost went to the hospital. The only complaint I have so far is that my stomach has been super weird and my period was the worst it's ever been. I started it the 1st day of my period and it was super heavy and full of blood clots and I had cramps for 3 days. Hoping my stomach issues stop and my mood doesn't change. I will update in a month or so"

TrinessaYo (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Had to stop 4 days in. Worst bloating ever! My clothes would fit me by the third day. It was so bad it took me 2 years before I considered any form of bc again."

1995apple95 January 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible. Immediately after the first pill I became nauseated. Nausea stayed for while 2 months. Horrible pains at bottom of my stomach from this pill. Soon as I stopped taking it the nausea went away and the stomach pains. I will not ever use this again. Never ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

KnBtr (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Do not take this. DO NOT TAKE THIS. I'm 26 and weigh 135 lbs. I started taking Trinessa in July 2016 and one month later, I'm in the hospital coughing up blood with uncontrollable pain in my side. They did a CT and it came back that I had a blood clot in my left lung. They said my birth control caused it. I became so swollen in my legs just 2 days before the clot went into my lung. I'm a very healthy woman and this medication almost took my life. Please be careful. It's been 4 months and I'm still short of breath. 40% of my lung died because it wasn't getting oxygen. I'm on blood thinners twice a day. Don't think this can't happen to you. Estrogen thickens your blood. I'm just so thankful I didn't have a stroke."

Luckytobealive (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started trinessa 5 months ago, for the second time. First when I was 20yrs old, it worked great. Now I'm 31, started again to prevent pregnancy and just feel pain on my breast, (around my nipples) also my sex live has decrease with my partner. My mood has also changed. I'm debating whether I should stop the pill or not."

Carolina321 December 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have only been on Trinessa for 9 days and my skin is dramatically improving. I know that it may seem too early to tell but this is the best I've seen my skin in a loooong time. I have not changed my skin routine or diet, the only thing that has changed is getting on Trinessa. My only con is that I get abdominal cramps here and there."

Kat415 December 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Don't do it. I went on this birth control because I was sexual active and I wanted something that would also minimize my breakouts. I would typically get a pimple a month. Towards the last week of taking this pill my face broke out worse than it ever has. I had thousands of pimples. It was a mixture of small pimples which are called comedo and big cystic pimples along my jawline. I read reviews saying that you have to stay on the pills for at least three months then things will balance out. I took the pill for another month and things started to get even worse. I was so depressed and anxious. I stopped after my second pack and my face immediately started to improve. If you're not reacting well just stop don't wait. I'm now on lo Loestrin fe"

Deserves a zero rating (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 39 and had moderate acne since youth. I was clear for years after having my kids but after my 39th BD it came back and I couldn't get control of it. I just started my 4th pack of Trinessa and it has been awesome. I noticed immediate improvement and after one week I was 90% clear. I have an occasional blackhead that has pushed it's way to the surface but that's it. 100% clear skin. I had some pretty bad bloating the first couple of days. And I was really worried about mood swings and depression because of the other reviews, since I have a lot going on in my life already. But I have had NONE of those nasty symptoms. My boobs have grow at least one cup size (bonus!) but I haven't had any significant weight gain or other issues. Try it!"

3girlzmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Before getting on this, I was experiencing severe acne after having tried a new skincare system & foundation. I didn't even know I was capable of having skin that bad. I was so embarrassed. I had never been on birth control before (I'm 21), but I was desperate. I had my doctor prescribe this to me. I would say for the first month or so, my acne got worse - especially around my chin area. I also had terrible mood swings and depression in the beginning, but I kept going and my skin started to get clearer. Then, right before starting my 5th pack, I broke out again. But it was like all the acne that had been underneath my skin came up and then disappeared. Now on month 6, I'm pretty much clear besides hyperpigmentation. Be patient!!!"

lll22 December 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Before going on this birth control I had mild acne. I wanted to go on birth control to clear up my skin but Trinessa did the total opposite for me. It made my skin ten times worse. I would wake up every morning with a new huge welt somewhere on my face and horrible pimples around my mouth and jawline. I continued using this birth control in hopes that it was just an initial break out and it would clear up (like everyone said it would) but after 6 months my skin was still horrible. The day after I stopped using Trinessa my skin cleared up almost instantly. I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. It is horrible. Even after being off of it for almost four months I still have scarring. Please find a different birth control!!"

countrygirll346 December 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I havent been on bc since I was 18 I'm on it now and I'm 29. I have stomach pain a lot I've been on it for 3 months so I'm hoping my body is still adjusting. Other than that cheap price and no other problems."

Sara12345678 November 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Started this pill as a form of BC and for acne. Only on my second cycle and I no longer get cystic acne and my other bumps are completely gone. A few whiteheads here and there, but nothing terrible. Only complain I have is that skipping periods can be tricky on TriNessa. If you're looking for primarily an acne-reducer, try this pill!! No complaints for its affect on my skin."

Viva9009 November 27, 2016